Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Made A Wrong Turn

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

When a call comes in reporting a car being stripped, Burgess and Tay respond and discover a badly beaten young man and his fiancé missing. Fearing a public relations nightmare Voight and the team are on their best behavior as they search for answers and the missing woman. At the same time, Lindsay surprises Halsted with a big question. Commander Fogel berates Platt for going over his head to have Tay assigned to District 21.

I really should not care about Sophia's hair but it's still distracting so I spent time thinking about it. I'm now just assuming she had a bad cut or dye job and needed/needs the hairpiece until it grows out. It's less distracting in the ponytail do I hope it stays that way until it goes. 

Team Trudy now and forever. I have my issues with Burgess' character but I love that Trudy has her back and now she has Tay's and doesn't cower under threats. Based on the looks from the various extras, that harasser cop will find himself up against a wall of Trudy supporters if he tries to follow through on his threat. 

• Love 4

I didn't notice Sophia's hair last week but after reading all the comments here, I paid more attention this week. It really does look bad. Not at all natural. 

On topic? I love that Erin wanted Jay to move in with her. They're just so cute together!

• Love 3
On 9/28/2016 at 9:47 PM, scarynikki12 said:

I really should not care about Sophia's hair but it's still distracting so I spent time thinking about it...

This is truly a case for WIG COP.

It looked even worse and was more distracting than last week — the hairline was all wrong and in full light it even looked synthetic. Did she get a hand-me-down from Liz on The Blacklist?

Hard to imagine how bad a haircut would have to be that this wig is better.

On 9/28/2016 at 9:47 PM, scarynikki12 said:

Team Trudy now and forever.

Hear, hear! I found the main story this episode so distasteful — closer to Criminal Minds or the more sordid eps of SVU than CPD, not suited to their style at all — and I was really wishing we'd just spend more time with Trudy figuring out how to protect her girls and get over on the skeezy commander

• Love 1

I've followed Sophia on Instagram and Snapchat over this summer (BIG time girl crush on her) and her hair looked amazing.  Not sure what the deal is.  I honestly wouldn't notice if it was a few inches shorter or longer compared to this monstrosity of a hair piece she has going on.

Sometimes I wonder if Jesse and her are actually dating in real life.  If so, what must those scenes be like to film.  

• Love 1

I was so happy last week when Burgess was paired with a female partner because I thought we'd finally get rid of all those idiotic love/romance plots. But 30 seconds in this episode and Tay and Burgess fail the Bechdel test already. And to make matters worse: no way Tay would not have been briefed by locker room chat about her new partner's catastrophic tendency to fall in love with co-workers (to tempting for some guys to make stupid jokes). I did not buy for a second that she had no idea. And then to make matters more worse (worser?): Tay starts to crush on Atwater. Seriously show? Are there no other plots for beat cops? Don't get me wrong - Atwater is crushable but can't they give all the romance a break for a while? You know like Burgess and her vow for 'celibacy' - which we all know won't last for even a month. They do have a rather good couple on the show already. Erin and Jay are interesting and provide enough romance for me.

Mouse better not leave and Desk Sergeant Platt better make sure Commander Fogel gets his comeuppance sooner than later.

Case of the week was dark and depressing but Chicago PD has never pretended to be fun and cheery.

I didn't notice Tay's crush on Kevin. I'll have to watch that scene again. Kind of a dark story this week but I liked it. Poor Antonio. He gets no story but to correct Jay's pronunciation of paraphernalia. I'm hoping he gets something soon. 

Love Erin and Jay but I'm also distracted by Sophia's wig. Her real hair can't look that bad. I hope it's back to normal next week. 

And Platt is the best as always. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I was so happy last week when Burgess was paired with a female partner because I thought we'd finally get rid of all those idiotic love/romance plots. But 30 seconds in this episode and Tay and Burgess fail the Bechdel test already... And then to make matters more worse (worser?): Tay starts to crush on Atwater.

I totally agree — there is a terrific setup to pass the Bechdel test with flying colors and they flub it repeatedly despite themselves — but I think Tay is into Dawson not Atwater.

Case of the week was dark and depressing but Chicago PD has never pretended to be fun and cheery.

[Blanket disclaimer — comment following includes assumptions and opinions completely my own that in no way exclude other points of view :) ]

For me, it wasn't just the gratuitous, dehumanizing, prolonged kidnapping, rape, and torture of the helpless suburban white woman by the monstrous, inarticulate black man (seriously! count up the lazy offensive tropes in play right there), but the extended tableau of hey! look at us! we are AWARE of issues related to race, class, power, police brutality, black-on-black-crime, disproportionate resources and public attention devoted to crimes against whites, and community resentment related to all those issues — even as we continue to tell this sensationalized story about an attractive white woman in peril, anyway.

Should have just titled the episode "Missing White Woman Syndrome," unironically.

2 HOURS AGO, MISSLUCAS SAID:

I do know that whatever Blue Bloods is trying to sell me is far worse than what happens on CPD when it comes to these issues. So I might be grading on a (somewhat loopy) scale.

No argument here, I gave up Blue Bloods when it became all guilty and no pleasure. That's why this episode of CPD felt like such a slimy clunker to me — off-brand.

5 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

Poor Antonio. He gets no story but to correct Jay's pronunciation of paraphernalia. I'm hoping he gets something soon.

Antonio is moving over to the SA office on Chicago Justice, so yes, something new, but not on PD.

5 hours ago, callmebetty said:

Plus with how they kept going on about how hot it was, and it WAS hot in Chicago this summer,  that wig has got to make it 10 times worse for her.

Go get 'em Trudy. No one puts Trudy in a corner.

It just clicked what Lindsay's hair helmet looks like to me: a big bulky shaytl, a wig that a married observant Jewish woman wears to cover her hair, so the function of modesty/hair covering is more important than looking natural or any other aesthetic consideration, and consequently they are often ill-fitting, overly voluminous, and extend beyond the natural hairline. Famously hot and sweaty too, especially if they are not made of real hair and natural fibers.

Trudy was not my favorite when this show started — I thought she was an uninteresting, clichéd female battleaxe stereotype grafted onto the cardboard cutout trope of the crusty desk sergeant loyal only to the maverick detective — but now I am a huge fan as she has really emerged as her own person. The actress (name escapes me) has done an amazing job realizing her as a compelling character and a capital-B Boss.

Dick Wolf's shows are brain-off popcorn time for me, and IMO the Chicago shows are L&O-lite, so I came to Chicago PD pretty much exclusively to indulge my love of and lust for Jason Beghe — but as Voight shrinks into an increasingly repetitive and one-dimensional character, even Beghe can't make him interesting for me and I begin to wonder if maybe Olinsky and Platt would be able to carry the squad and show on their own, if Voight followed his grandson out to AZ or went back to prison or just choked on his own bile.

Edited by Margherita Erdman
fix hyperlink
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Margherita Erdman said:

[Blanket disclaimer — comment following includes assumptions and opinions completely my own that in no way exclude other points of view :) ]

For me, I t wasn't just the gratuitous, dehumanizing, prolonged kidnapping, rape, and torture of the helpless suburban white woman by the monstrous, inarticulate black man (seriously! count up the lazy offensive tropes in play right there), but the extended tableau of hey! look at us! we are AWARE of issues related to race, class, power, police brutality, black-on-black-crime, disproportionate resources and public attention devoted to crimes against whites, and community resentment related to all those issues — even as we continue to tell this sensationalized story about an attractive white woman in peril, anyway.

Should have just titled the episode "Missing White Woman Syndrome," unironically.

Since I'm neither a US citizen nor do I live in the US I tend to stay out of discussions about race relations and police brutality. But I do know that whatever Blue Bloods is trying to sell me is far worse than what happens on CPD when it comes to these issues. So I might be grading on a (somewhat loopy) scale.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 4

Any episode where we get to see Jay unclothed in any way is good to me. And I love Sophia Bush also. Have had a girl crush on her since  "One Tree Hill " she was the reason I watched that show. 

Love Trudy not being intimidated or taking any shit from that ass!

• Love 5

UGH, give me a fucking break with this poor missing white woman, dehumanization of black communities bullshit.

And I know what show this is, but the casual police brutality portrayed positively, when the real life Chicago PD is already well known for corruption and police brutality, is pretty damn discomforting.

• Love 1