Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Yes , Kandi married a pro golfer , sunni married a pro golfer , Brooke married a baseball player , i don't understand why is britney dating an athlete a problem ?

It appears that Chandler Parson dates a pop star named Christina Perri. I don't think Bittany has a chance against her. This guys seems to like the spot light

Ann Lux married the pro golfer. Sunni married a regular guy. Nicole Bulcher seems to date or dated a minor baseball leaguer and so does Danielle. Jackie married a former baseball player.

Sunni married a guy who's a rower , i guess i confused one boring sport for another

Why do say that britney has no chance she's ridiculously attractive

Edited by mmm

Honestly speaking, Brittney is my favourite Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders so this post may be biased. However, I think that she is one of the most unappreciated members of the squad, excluding the 2012 season (season 7), where she was featured in the calendar twice, was chosen to join the DCC showgroup for a performance and had a lot of air time. Granted, this season, she has had a fair amount compared to other DCCs- due to the weight controversy. 

My point is, I think that sometimes K&J forget about the veterans, especially those who have been with DCC for quite a while. Brittney's age might be a little over the average from a comparison to the rest of the squad, however, she dances just as well- if not better- than most of them. Again, I may be biased. 

I would like to point out that Brittney is a four year veteran, one of the eldest and is seen to always be helping, guiding or being a good team player and yet, she was passed up (again) to be a group leader while other DCCs who have not reached that level of seniority yet received that title.  Her instagram and twitter are covered with DCC pictures, her headers do not necessarily have her in them and she has never been called into the office for being a disruption. She is also hilarious, as seen on social and media and occasionally, on the show. 

The whole 'losing weight' thing also came to be a surprise to me. I have always thought Brittney's body was good, and believed wholeheartedly that she did not need to lose any weight. She is also constantly in the back for dances, and this may be because of her height. Her getting cut in 2010 was another thing which surprised me, it was the week before game day, and she had never been called into the office and suddenly, she was cut.

I just feel as though she sometimes gets overlooked, which is upsetting, because she is perhaps, more well behaved and a team player than some others on the squad. I hope she comes back next season, and gets treated 'better' because next year is her 5th year and she will be 31, well above the expected age, but that is something I admire- being able to maintain her looks and her dance- ability and flexibility. She has stuck by them for four years, and is a great ambassador for them as she epitomises the gorgeous, talented girl that DCC represents.

Side note: not putting any other DCCs down, I'm just focusing on Brittney for this post and offering my opinion :/

• Love 3

I don't think Britney is treated badly at all , she's the main glamor girl on the squad  she's on every calender , ads and every important appearance and to be honest i think my fit foods wanted her to be a spokes person for them more than she had weight issue .

I like Britney and all but i think she's an average dancer and she only became a member of show group is because her beauty and popularity  and i think Jen k

being a 2nd group leader is completely ridiculous but i think someone veronica was intended for that and got passed on bec of her weight issues , group leaders have be able to teach dance , a lot girls who were on show group never made group leaders like Melissa k and Toby who is an amazing technical dance and Michelle keys who is also a gr8 dancer and in show group.

DCC123 I agree with all of the positive things you've said about Britney, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't for even a second think I have any idea what goes on behind the scenes, and I don't automatically assume that Britney or Veronica or anyone else have been "passed over" for group leader or second group leader. I think it's unfair to all parties involved to think that, because reality is that not every girl on the squad wants to be a leader, so where's the evidence that she in particular was held back from the position? On the other side of the coin, I think Kelli and Judy have been running the organization for a long time and they know what they're doing. Britney has never seemed under appreciated to me at all. She's been in show group, she's been featured in many photo shoots, she's gotten a fair amount of screen time on MTT, and K&J seem to respect her. That's just my two cents.

• Love 1

I don't think there is any "scandal" with any DCC dating any athlete.... or anyone at all. To be honest, I only brought it up because of Chandler supposedly dating this singer (who was at their game tonight). I hope Brittney is not getting played. That is honestly the only reason I have brought it to light. I live in Kentucky. I have zero association with the Cowboys. Heck, I have zero association with Texas. I randomly caught a rerun of the show one night a couple years ago (after a few drinks, not gonna lie) and it hooked me. Since then, I have continued to not necessarily "follow" them, but pay attention. I like Brittney. She seems cool. We're the same age and hell, she seems to be doing better than me! I brought the Chandler/Brittney thing up because it would be a shame if there's something to it but they're not on the same page. I brought it up because of how she seems to be as a person; it would appear she deserves better if there's any truth to this at all. That she doesn't deserve to be some athlete's "side chick". I had zero negative intent, I just didn't know where else to say what I've noticed. Being detail-oriented is in my DNA.... my dad's an engineer and my mom's an interior designer! I can't help it! I'm Team Brittney

• Love 2

I actually disagree with people who say that not every girls wants to be show group/ Group leaders . Saying that these girls who work so hard , give some much time and effort don't want to be on show group / group leaders is like saying i am gonna study really hard day and night for a test but i DON'T want to get an A .

Carissa didn’t want to be considered for show group her rookie year, because she had a lot going on in her life, so we have seen girls turning down some extras because of personal reasons. It’s quite possible some don’t want to be group leaders or on show group because being a regular DCC is time consuming enough. You need to have even more time to commit and I think for a lot of them who aren’t students anymore it can be difficult enough to balance a full time job with practices and game days and a personal life without adding more pressure of extra appearances, extra routines to learn, extra time to spend helping out others with their problems and everything else that comes with being on show group or being a group leader

• Love 2

Jackie had three jobs and was a group leader and was on show group i think it's not that hard and all girls audition for it every year , also Carissa wasn't that into dcc i think i read interview where she said she only became a dcc was to further her dance career after she got the dance teaching job she left

Edited by mmm

just because some girls put everything they have into being a DCC, it doesn’t mean all of them necessarily want to. And everything you do on top of regular stuff takes being a DCC a step further away from being a hobby and more toward a second job. I’m not saying it’s not an honor and something most of them would like, I’m just saying it’s something different to studying for a test... It’s definitely a privilege, but like someone on the show once said, it’s a bonus, first of all your job is the regular stuff they do. If you have the time and the energy, go for it. If you don’t, you shouldn’t be judged for it. All the girls have individual lives, different goals and different priorities. If it doesn’t fit into their schedule or the plan they have, they don’t have to do it. And like you said - they have already put in a lot of time and effort, so some might draw the line there and not do any additional things to have more "free time" for their regular life...

• Love 4

I actually disagree with people who say that not every girls wants to be show group/ Group leaders . Saying that these girls who work so hard , give some much time and effort don't want to be on show group / group leaders is like saying i am gonna study really hard day and night for a test but i DON'T want to get an A .

I don't understand this analogy.  I think it's more like working really hard & doing excellent work at your job but then turning down a promotion to manager because you don't want the extra hours/responsibilities/headaches that come along with it (even though a promotion would be a huge honor). 

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

This doesn't make sense at all. Show group/group leader is an extracurricular basically. Not everyone has time or wants the responsibility. If Jackie worked that much and made time for it, good for her, but not every girl is Jackie. Thinking you know exactly what every girl on the team wants is just downright silly, but I'm going to leave it at that.

Also I think you're off base about Carisa. She always seemed like she was committed to me, not to mention the fact that she's done All Star appearances. Why would she do that if she was distancing herself from the DCC?

• Love 1

Many cheerleaders want to be a part of Show Group, but some choose not to audition.  All of these ladies are excellent at time management, but some choose not to commit the significant extra time because they are trying to balance DCC with college, career, marriage, or motherhood.  

I think Brittney is very much appreciated by the DCC and powers that be.  As others point out, she's regularly featured in calendars, ads for DCC and for sponsors, is in Show Group, gets a good bit of air time on the show, has been on the MTT show poster for two years running, does a lot of appearances, and is a clear team, crowd, and camera favorite.  

Also, I agree with Oranaiche about Carissa.  Just because she wanted to talk in an interview or two about her dance training and other dance passions doesn't mean that she's putting down the DCC.  She's trained and performed her whole life, and I don't see anything wrong with DCC not consuming her entire dance identity.  I don't think she's tried to distance herself from the DCC at all, as suggested by the fact that she is an All Star, and that she still has her DCC profile picture on her Twitter page.  I doubt she'd do either if she thought she were too good for the organization, and both suggest to me that she's very proud of her time as a DCC and still very attached to the team.

• Love 1

Many cheerleaders want to be a part of Show Group, but some choose not to audition.  All of these ladies are excellent at time management, but some choose not to commit the significant extra time because they are trying to balance DCC with college, career, marriage, or motherhood.  

I think Brittney is very much appreciated by the DCC and powers that be.  As others point out, she's regularly featured in calendars, ads for DCC and for sponsors, is in Show Group, gets a good bit of air time on the show, has been on the MTT show poster for two years running, does a lot of appearances, and is a clear team, crowd, and camera favorite.  

Also, I agree with Oranaiche about Carissa.  Just because she wanted to talk in an interview or two about her dance training and other dance passions doesn't mean that she's putting down the DCC.  She's trained and performed her whole life, and I don't see anything wrong with DCC not consuming her entire dance identity.  I don't think she's tried to distance herself from the DCC at all, as suggested by the fact that she is an All Star, and that she still has her DCC profile picture on her Twitter page.  I doubt she'd do either if she thought she were too good for the organization, and both suggest to me that she's very proud of her time as a DCC and still very attached to the team.

I would like to start a slow clap to this post.

• Love 1
mmm, on 13 Oct 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

She already got an A, but is foregoing the extra credit.

• Love 2

Carissa is an All Star? I thought you had to be a DCC for 3 or 4 years  before you could become an All Star.

Edited by MrsEVH

Wow Wow i didn't think that my run of the mill opinion would create that much controversially , although i respect every body's opinion i still disagree i don't understand why would anybody don't wanna be the best at what they do . Most of the girls on the team are not actually student and they can balance every thing well so it's normal and girls have been doing that for years .

I don't think Britney is treated badly at all , she's the main glamor girl on the squad  she's on every calender , ads and every important appearance and to be honest i think my fit foods wanted her to be a spokes person for them more than she had weight issue .

I like Britney and all but i think she's an average dancer and she only became a member of show group is because her beauty and popularity  and i think Jen k

being a 2nd group leader is completely ridiculous but i think someone veronica was intended for that and got passed on bec of her weight issues , group leaders have be able to teach dance , a lot girls who were on show group never made group leaders like Melissa k and Toby who is an amazing technical dance and Michelle keys who is also a gr8 dancer and in show group.

Brittney is everywhere - posters, appearances, spokesperson, show group, etc. She may not be a group leader bc she's one of the few who has a 'real' job instead of being a student taking half her classes online, working with flexible dance studio/fitness instructor schedules, etc. She's an average dancer, but makes up for it with her personality and face.  I think she's on show group because she's an excellent spokesperson and she can sing. I also agree that she was called in for weight so she could be the 'face' for endorsements for My Fit Foods.

For those who were guessing Breelan got onto the team through some miracle of a connection.. who is this girl she linked?

http://instagram.com/p/tybKJiBu-_/?modal=true

She looks to be someone in the DCC network and a sure answer to our intrigue.

Yup, that's Crystal Risher.  Crystal Weir now.  She's a former DCC and surprise: she's also a brand ambassador for Nerium!

I wonder how Breelan is connected to her?

No, the Texas Star dancers are not part of any group. They perform for community groups. It is run by 2 former DCC' s. Brelan, Caila, Ashely P, Mallory (TCC) and snake eyes Emily were all on it last year.

• Love 2

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this on or not, but I am wondering what their practice schedule is like.  It seems that during training camp, they have practice every day, Monday - Friday.  Once the season starts, do they still have practice every night?  Also, once the football games are over for the season, what is their practice schedule like?  They must still do appearances and such, but besides the Show Group, do they do appearances as well?  Is it still necessary for them to practice every day?  Do they get much time off during the year where they could leave to visit family or go on vacation?  Also, for someone who makes the team, are they basically locked in with the organization from when training camp begins until auditions begin again for a new year?  That's a really big committment and a pretty grueling schedule, especially if they do not get much time off during the year.

Love this show, I started watching a few seasons ago by accident.  I was flipping through the channels and I saw this show, and I was hooked.

• Love 1

From a blog a few years ago...practice during the season can be anywhere between 2-5 days a week. If the 'Boys are out of town, it might be just two nights. If they have a special event coming up (Thanksgiving or Pink) it can be five days. They also mentioned an occasional Saturday practice. They still practice a lot Sept-December. This is why Sasha left because she didn't have enough time to spend with her daughter after school.

January on- it sounds like they do some exercise classes in th evening. Nicole mentioned 3 nights a week. Things like a group Barre Method class.

Really good question @LadyHam  the only thing i know about practice days off is that vets have a day less then rookie , rookie have a day called rookie practice day where it's just rookies , so vets have 4 days of practice instead of 5

Kelli stated a girl would be given one of the bears at each regular season home game (8 girls in all.) I believe Nicole, Jacie, two year vet Jessica, and Angela has receive one.

Isn't it the same bear? Why would the bear be passed if each girl got her own?

Jessica Allison @DCC_JessicaA  ·  7h 7 hours ago

Time to pass #DCCAbbeybear on to the beautiful @DCC_Angela you deserve it! TY for being an outstanding #DCC teammate

I listened to the cheer report but interpreted it as the bear is given out eight times, not necessarily 8 different bears. Why is Jessica giving hers to Angela if there are different bears and Angela get her own? Honest question. 

I think Kelli gives the first bear then that girl chooses the next girl they feel has gone above and beyond. They pass the bear and then those 8 girls are each given one to keep at the end of year banquet. I saw pics on the girls twitters from last years banquet of the girls holding their bears, who were selected during the season.

• Love 1

I think Kelli gives the first bear then that girl chooses the next girl they feel has gone above and beyond. They pass the bear and then those 8 girls are each given one to keep at the end of year banquet. I saw pics on the girls twitters from last years banquet of the girls holding their bears, who were selected during the season.

THANK YOU! This totally makes sense.

woah caila looks like she's gained some weight

I was looking at the week 7 pictures on the sports illustrated site and it looks like Caila still has visible ribs and muscle definition in her legs. Maybe it was one of the other blondes?