Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Note from mod:  I am starting a new thread since I may have accidently hit the delete thread button by mistake. I apologize for the lost thread and posts. I also want to say we have a great group of people posting on this forum. Thank you, and once again, I apologize for losing the thread.

Wow! Always curious about the difference between the DCC & DC Rhythm & Blue.. After You Tubing DCRB, I have figured out you actually have to know how to dance to make that team, not just a "dance makeover" candidate like DCC take a lot of. Their choreography & precision is top notch! No doubt they can dance circles around DCC, they need more public recognition...

Wow! Always curious about the difference between the DCC & DC Rhythm & Blue.. After You Tubing DCRB, I have figured out you actually have to know how to dance to make that team, not just a "dance makeover" candidate like DCC take a lot of. Their choreography & precision is top notch! No doubt they can dance circles around DCC, they need more public recognition...

I completely 100% disagree with that people who made DCRB are people who couldn't make dcc on a dance level  like amy and Meredeth , also teri who was DCRB 4 year vet had a hard time in TC with DCC especially with lines on the field and reacquires alot of precision and she got cut after one year . It's a second level team like all the hockey teams are all dcc rejets . I disagree with judy on alot but i think she's the best choreographer in NFL . YouTube any other pro cheer team even the good ones likes 49pers , patriots and dolphins their choreography is not half as good as dcc .   

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1

Re: DCRB vs DCC. It isn't an apples to apples comparison in my book. I think It depends on the eye of the beholder and what style of dance one prefers. Pom dancing and hip hop are two totally different things. Some DCC (even vets) that are great at pom struggle when outside instructors come in and can't really hang with other styles of dancing so it would make sense if some hip hop girls don't get pom.  I don't think DCRB look second rate at all, the whole Dallas Cowboys spirit team (mascot, flags, cheerleaders, and dance team) is very strong.

Re: BCA halftime. The girls have new music and new costumes (no mention of new moves though). Ashley Pro is stunting, which is her strong suit, I hope she really gets to shine today. Crossing my fingers that the performance ends up on Youtube.

Slightly random, but I was looking at the DCC Twitter page, and I think Ashley Pro is one of Kellie and Judy's faves. They tweeted a pic of her boots for today's game, she did a special live tweet thing during DCC:MTT, and she and Loren are the only rookies that I am aware of that are making public appearances (they did Rally Day). I hope she sticks around for a long time. Love her!

Edited by Italian Ice

Slightly random, but I was looking at the DCC Twitter page, and I think Ashley Pro is one of Kellie and Judy's faves. They tweeted a pic of her boots for today's game, she did a special live tweet thing during DCC:MTT, and she and Loren are the only rookies that I am aware of that are making public appearances (they did Rally Day). I hope she sticks around for a long time. Love her!

No almost all the rookies did appearances and rally days

Personally, I think Jenna is the prettiest girl on the squad. She is just stunningly pretty to me. Mackenzie Lee was also in my "Wow!" list.

Jenna is so pretty and one of the better dancers from last year's rookies. I remember K&J mentioned their concern about her looking so young but that doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. Last year she looked every inch the young 18 year old high school girl she was but now she looks like a woman instead of jailbait.

ETA: I meant that all in the least pervy way possible!

Jenna has been one of my favorites since her rookie season.  I remember they were worried about her small size combining with your youth, worrying that she would get lost on the field and that she looked to young too be a sex symbol (Charlotte didn't put the last point quite that way, of course).  Between her excellent dancing, her maturity, and her performance charisma, she proved them wrong--but I think she's made it harder for other 18 year-olds to walk on the squad, because they rarely have the maturity or comfort with being sexy/flirty while performing that Jenna had at that age.  (Hello, Breelan and Caila!)  I was so glad she made the calendar cover this year!  I agree she's beautiful, and she has the whole DCC package--mad dance skills, likable personality, responsible, confident, a good role model and representative, and always a hard worker and team player.  I've said it before, but I hope she stays a lot more years, and I definitely can see her being a great group leader.  And yeah, she has only gotten more pretty as she's gotten older.

Speaking of mature cheerleaders and team players, I visited Brittney S's Twitter page the other day.  She's another of my favorites, and totally impressed me with her Twitter wallpaper pic, which is of the team dancing on the field--and you can't even see Brittney in the triangle.  To me, that says team player in a big way.  My first thought was, further proof that Brittney's an awesome and down to earth lady, and my second thought was, wow, Vivian would never in a million years have put such a wallpaper up if she'd made the team.  I'm pretty sure her DCC Twitter page would be all Vivian all day...kind of like her Ice Angels page.

In other things, I really like the DCRB--based on the few YouTube videos I've watched.  They definitely were more talented than I expected, given that I also had thought they were a more secondary team (and I'm sure in the world of Dallas Cowboys hierarchies, they are), but they are excellent dancers and have very fun choreography.  I like that it's now co-ed dancing, and I totally jam on the drum line, which brings both a funky and Southern feel to the group. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 1

I wanted to ask you guys if you guys know if someone is cut are they considered an alumni ?

Morgan and Hannah instgramed a pic from valley ranch this week and Alyssa tweets pic from the stadium are particpating in the game today ?

Blech! The highwaisted cut of those shorts makes them all look heavier. The old outfit was not any better but, really, Judy and Kelli, you know these girls will be on the huge HD screens and you put them in THAT?!

• Love 2

Note from mod:  I am starting a new thread since I may have accidently hit the delete thread button by mistake. I apologize for the lost thread and posts. I also want to say we have a great group of people posting on this forum. Thank you, and once again, I apologize for losing the thread.

Hey mod, where is the DCC hair and make-up thread you talked about? Can't find the link anywhere.

I wanted to ask you guys if you guys know if someone is cut are they considered an alumni ?

Morgan and Hannah instgramed a pic from valley ranch this week and Alyssa tweets pic from the stadium are particpating in the game today ?

If they finished one year, yes.

• Love 1

The new costumes are cheap looking (sorry K&J).  Courtney looks adorable in the shot with her and Sydney.

Good game today, by the way.  To quote Kitty Carter, "It was a dog fight."

Yes, if you complete a year, you would be a veteran.

Looks like someone was unable to hold the last  stunt with the split.  I hoped they chose the fringe because of movement but not sure this outfit was a success and  unfortunately they will probably wear them 3+ years!

The new costumes are light years better than the hideous slutty Minnie Mouse dresses... yet they are still quite ugly. Very pepto bismal pink.  At least they got rid of the Candyman song.  Nothing like dancing to a song about panties dropping and cherry popping to support breast cancer research!!!

• Love 2

While I appreciate the attempt at updating the costumes, I agree with several others that the shorts/skirt are hideous and unflattering. But then, I really hate the high waisted look in general. I think they look like cheap Vegas show girl costumes, or those imitation flapper costumes you buy at the Halloween store. I'm glad they dropped the Candyman song. It was just gross.

• Love 1

Remember how someone pointed out on a DCC MTT episode this season that Katy was sporting a huge bruise during a practice kickline? And how Kelly clarified during a social media Q&A that it was some kind of wrap for an injury?

Kelly was spot on, but the girl involved was not Katy but Ashley Ferrel. I was perusing her Instagram feed and found this photo in question where she points out it was her:

http://instagram.com/p/tk5QvaoTye

Read the comments from fellow DCCs and fans and you'll see that she, along with Jasmine ("internet trolls"), most likely frequent these boards. I had no idea Ashley F. had been sidelined for weight gain/injury.

I am really po'd about this link posted on Instagram  (see above post)  

I think only one person mentioned that she had gained weight. For the most part, we were concerned about her and her injury.  I think the DCC look is very slender one, thank you. All I noticed was that there was a dark spot, and we thought she may have been injured. Then Judy tweeted that it was kinesiotape. Perhaps we should be sorry for the concern.

Saw that Ashley Paige chimed in there( on the link above). I thought she was great, and the more i re-watched the season she was in, she was better and better.  

Morgan is saying  the guilty folk posting are sitting around  eating Ben and Jerry's. Yes, Morgan we all do that. As a matter of fact, we have a small group here that meet every night at 7:30, just to eat ice cream, and talk smak on y'all.  And as for us not living our dream, Morgan...Ahem...here pot, here kettle?

Jasmine must be hacked off about the photo thing. Oopsie!

It's a bit of a back and forth. First they post things (consider DCC:MTT on Facebook or everyone's twitter account), and we are not supposed to respond? Why tweet if we can't twit  :)

WTH?  I watch the show because i like it. It motivates me to lose weight, and work out, and I feel like most of the cheerleaders as well as K&J are my friends. I care about them, and what they do. I might get a little peeved at some things, but that doesn't mean I don't care.  You can get mad at people you care about.

We are always going to have opinions. If you guys don't want us to say anything, go private with your bad selves, or get the hell out of the public eye.   

Edited by Dopeydwarf
  • Love 2

Morgan's comment made me laugh. Not to toot my own horn (I'll toot it anyway) I actually look great, way better than she ever did on the show. I don't like Ben & Jerry's, although I love me some Haagen Dazs cookies and cream. I just happen to find a tv show that I could relate to in certain ways and enjoyed because it has some great moments and  I enjoy cheesiness and cheerleading in any way that I can get it. I would never call the girls fat because they don't look fat (although some may be softer than others), I will comment on their terrible tans and strong faces (Hi, Morgan!) and wonder about the overall dynamic of the team while CMT is not filming and the behind the scene things that we will of course be curious about because of the show. If the girls don't want to be talked about, they should stay away from the limelight (however dim it may be since it's a short reality show on CMT that most people don't watch.) 

Also, I find the Jasmine situation to be interesting. I hope she's dating that guy so that I can see how it will play out. Will she be kicked off the team or will she choose to not reaudition so that they can go public. 

The new outfits for the BCA game are ugly and the routine is new but it looks awefully similar to the previous years' routines.

I clicked on those links thinking that there was no way the pink costumes could get any worse, but those come close. They wouldn't look too bad up close if the waist was lower, but out on the field they look really cheap. I bet the squad likes them way more than the old ones, though.

Morgan and Jasmine both come across extremely ignorant with their comments on Ashley's instagram photo. I hope they read this and assume I'm consuming my third tub of B&J's of the night.

That said, I doubt their comments are limited to this forum and they weren't even necessarily talking about anyone here in relation to Ashley's injury. I never saw anyone here say anything nasty about her. The Jasmine situation, on the other hand, definitely had some circulation,

I totally agree we should all treat them with respect and not like objects and I can see how Morgan would post a comment like that to make Ashley feel better, but if she was still on the squad thats not something she could easily write and get away with. The girls are supposed to be respectful all the time and after Chelseas "toxic talk" they all have to be extra careful what they say

There are other places to post about this show. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, even IMDB has chat boards. I read this board every morning and evening. I know what is posted and what girls are criticized. Ashley was not one of them. Whatever she was referring to, it came from a chat board other than this one.

Meh, I don't have any problem with what they wrote. They were just trying to make their friend feel better.  I can understand not being thrilled when you have worked super hard to achieve a dream and random people who don't know you at all (myself included) are criticizing you. I mean, it is part of the deal when you sign up for DCC, and DCC probably need to develop a thick skin, but I think it's okay to respond to "haters" (lol can't believe I used that word) every once in awhile. 

I thought Ashley Paige's comment was very sweet. 

• Love 2

I don't see any comments from Morgan...

Here it is:

morganwjordan

"Haha let them hide behind their computers while immersing themselves in their tub of Ben & Jerry's! You, my sister, are out their living AND achieving your dream! Highly doubt they can say the same! All of the people supporting you outnumber all the haters. Never even noticed a change, love you!"

caligirl, one of the posters here was remarking that she had posted that Ashley had gained weight. I don't know which thread i remember seeing it.

Edited by Dopeydwarf

Meh, I don't have any problem with what they wrote. They were just trying to make their friend feel better.  I can understand not being thrilled when you have worked super hard to achieve a dream and random people who don't know you at all (myself included) are criticizing you. I mean, it is part of the deal when you sign up for DCC, and DCC probably need to develop a thick skin, but I think it's okay to respond to "haters" (lol can't believe I used that word) every once in awhile. 

I thought Ashley Paige's comment was very sweet. 

I agree that it's ok to respond to "haters," but what Morgan said was more hateful than anything I've seen said about Ashley, and it was also an extreme blanket statement. Insinuating that everyone who posts on the internet about the DCC are fat losers who aren't doing anything with their lives is kind of ridiculous. IMO it just shows immaturity that she would post what she did in a public setting, versus sending it in a text or email, but I guess she is free to say whatever she wants since she was released from the team. It just rubbed me the wrong way, and I'm not even someone who has really said anything nasty about any of these girls.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3

Didn't everyone listen to Shannon the PR Man when he told them that everyone is going to have an opinion on them, and it's best to ignore them?

If I was in the limelight I would never read the stuff people write. I can see where she got offended, but people are going to have opinions.

Edited by Elizabeth9

I said my piece in the other thread before it was accidentally deleted but will give the cliff notes. Ashley M. is barely mentioned on this site (and the others) and came off super sensitive. I feel badly she was so hurt she felt the need to a do defense post but really?! Think of all the stuff that is said about Cassie, Kelli, Judy, Vivian, Kitty, etc! I mean the fleeting (one) comment(s) about weight and then the mention of the non-bruise was so minuscule. I am the culprit that  brought the bruise talk to the boards and Ashley didn't even come to my mind! I thought it was Katy! And, who cares if you had a bruise or wearing tape? How are we losers at life for noticing a girl who has half her leg covered?  I get that some of the girls don't want to be public figures and are just in it to dance but c'mon, one needs a little bit tougher skin especially when in a looks based "job."

Jasmine and Morgan are not worth getting offended or even miffed. But if Jasmine doesn't troll the boards like she claims then someone is doing her bidding. I mean how did she know to ask Sterling Moore to take down the picture of them out together at a club (not even 48 hours after it was mentioned here)?

__

Show Group performed at some golf thing yesterday. Emma wasn't there so Jenn K (looks awesome with her hair pulled back/up btw) took her place to the right of Holly. Made me wonder, if Holly was out for whatever reason, who would you want to see at the apex of the triangle?

There has been plenty of nasty comments on this board. I don't blame Morgan, Ashley, Jasmine, etc for saying what they say.  Everyone on here is hiding behind a screen name. They do put themselves out there, but that doesn't mean they deserve snide remarks. We all have to leave our houses, does that mean we deserve to be criticized by people walking down the street? I think there is definitely a way to say things, regardless whether they are reading them or not.

Edited by me0w
  • Love 2

But if Jasmine doesn't troll the boards like she claims then someone is doing her bidding. I mean how did she know to ask Sterling Moore to take down the picture of them out together at a club (not even 48 hours after it was mentioned here)?

Someone said somewhere that K&J may be reading  the DCC forum posts. I assumed that is why it was gone so quickly, and may be why she (Jasmine) seems so frustrated with posters in general (she may have gotten into a bit of trouble.)