Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Maddie's combo actually looks fairly difficult. You have to have a lot of control to do those isolations and also change levels and speed so quickly without being all over the place. 

She still gets on my nerves, but she is about 1000x better than she was her first audition year. I thought she was overrated and didn't finish moves, bad extensions, etc. She's improved all over, and really good at this jazzy hip hop style.

good to know ... I was just thinking that it looked easy but I'm no dancer so will take your word for it!  I'm not in love with her but I do get super amazed when comparing her to the Maddie of 2 years ago (or whenever it was that she tried out).  She looks so different!  Wow what a difference a year makes!

48 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

good to know ... I was just thinking that it looked easy but I'm no dancer so will take your word for it!  I'm not in love with her but I do get super amazed when comparing her to the Maddie of 2 years ago (or whenever it was that she tried out).  She looks so different!  Wow what a difference a year makes!

Same. The only thing "difficult" that I could see about it is that it's not on the traditional "1 and 2 and 3 and 4" basic beat that people are used to seeing.

Look closer - she has a lot of really specific isolations, changes levels, changes speed, etc. That takes a lot of control to not look like you're flailing around or just doing stripper rolls. Someone not as advanced would make it look really messy and all over the place. This is much harder than the 1234 really sharp, straight pom moves, or even ballet/lyrical moves where you pretty much know how you're going to execute everything technique wise.

• Love 6

She also isn't writhing on the ground or relying on tricks that wow, but can hide bad technique (kicking your head, pirouette dropping into a bad front split, lots of turns, but falling out of them or skipping all over the place, etc.)

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 2

To be honest about it, I cannot see what is so thrilling about Madeline. The dance is okay, but it does seem like something a college or high school dance team would do. I think it is great she came back stronger than she was the year before, but I do not see the wow factor. Maybe if she straighten her hair and went with a cute layered bob and a different hair color and highlights, she would stand out more to me.

Personally, I think the combo that Holly taught is better but I have to see the whole thing cause that doesn't seem like the whole dance.

18 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Personally, I think the combo that Holly taught is better but I have to see the whole thing cause that doesn't seem like the whole dance.

Where can I find the one that Holly taught, I'd love to see it.

22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

To be honest about it, I cannot see what is so thrilling about Madeline. The dance is okay, but it does seem like something a college or high school dance team would do. I think it is great she came back stronger than she was the year before, but I do not see the wow factor. Maybe if she straighten her hair and went with a cute layered bob and a different hair color and highlights, she would stand out more to me.

I was just excited to see her make it back. I think what I like about her is she is so cute/adorable not super sexy. Yes she's young and looks it  but it suits her and I think it's refreshing considering some of the party girl super sexy stuff we've seen from other DCCs in the past. I love Holly but her "I'm so sexy"thing gets to me, I'd rather she just go with them "I'm cute and I'm good with that" bc to me she is also adorable. But there is something about both of those girls that draws my eye to them when they dance in a group and I can't really put my finger on what it is.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Or, if she insists on wearing it curly, grow it out, the way it is now looks poofy & dowdy.  As far as color goes, I think I may have mentioned this in "unpopular opinions" but I thought the black hair looked better on her than what she has now.

• Love 1

Love Maddie's hair! I am so glad that there are more curly girls these past couple of seasons outside of the same old same old straight with curls at the end look.  It's just fun and carefree.  We're taught in this culture that curly hair is not as sexy as a blow out so I love that several DCC have the crazy curls :) 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Love Maddie's hair! I am so glad that there are more curly girls these past couple of seasons outside of the same old same old straight with curls at the end look.  It's just fun and carefree.  We're taught in this culture that curly hair is not as sexy as a blow out so I love that several DCC have the crazy curls :) 

Me too, I love more variety in the hairstyles and not just the color. I don't think they all have to have the same hairstyle to have the DCC look but so many of them do have the exact same style and in my opinion that's boring.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agreed about curls, but the length is just so awkward, IMO.  When I said she should grow it out in my above post, I meant grow out the length, not the curls.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I would like to see Maddie's hair a bit longer, just a few inches brushing her shoulders would be cute. Then again I'd like to see Holly's hair a bit longer too

Yep!  I guess it depends on the kind of curl pattern you have.  For exaample, I thought Courtney Cook with her much tighter curl looked fine with the shorter length

1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Where can I find the one that Holly taught, I'd love to see it.

I think I saw it on Victoria Kalina's instagram...there weren't many videos posted of it.

I agree that Maddie's hair might look a little bit better slightly longer, but I disagree that she would stand out more with straight hair. Almost all of the girls have straight hair. They really don't need any more. I'm hoping that they'll still continue to work on her hair color because while I think the color is better now than it was when it was black, it still doesn't look quite right to me. Love her anyway though. ?

• Love 1

Here is a picture of Madeline, and I think she looks great here.

I would love to see more girls on the team have hairstyles like Jacie or former DCC Tia. Maybe I am being a major stick in the mud, but some of the girls would look better with shorter hairdos and bangs. A little variety would be nice.

18 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

I'm sure she's coming back because she wants that pro-bowl spot.

ETA- this should probably go in UO thread, but I'm not a huge fan. She doesn't do much for me.

I agree and it’s a bad idea.  If you have an agenda, it backfires more often than not.

• Love 3

As much as I try I can't get over Kitty's comment about Jaxx. EVERY time I see Jaxx, I hear Kitty in my ear, screaming, " Fang Face!"  There are times she looks gorgeous and then there are times like here where she give hard "Cassie Trammell" But the girl is a show group member, so I know she can dance.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I agree and it’s a bad idea.  If you have an agenda, it backfires more often than not.

I guess the whole thing about her thinking this year was "her year" is what got me.  Reminds me of the whole Lauren C panel interview about the uniform and how it made her a rock star.

• Love 1

I would love to see some more naturally curly girls on the team! I remember Paige's first season Kelli made a huge deal about how she should wear her natural texture, and they went back to blowing her out.  I can't remember her name, but Kelli said another girls curly hair reminded her of a stripper. I feel like they're so quick to blow it out and be done with it most of the time, when curly hair is just as beautiful and sexy. I love Madelines short curly style, it's super sassy.  

Edited by beachespeaches
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

Or, if she insists on wearing it curly, grow it out, the way it is now looks poofy & dowdy.  As far as color goes, I think I may have mentioned this in "unpopular opinions" but I thought the black hair looked better on her than what she has now.

yes!!!!!  she would look so amazing with her hair long and curly - I used to love to wear it that way too till my hair got shredded with some poorly done highlights, and I had to cut a lot of it off.  It looks long now when I wear it straight (middle of my back) but I'd look like Little Orphan Annie if I wore it curly at this length.  I bet Maddie's hair would probably be down about 5 or 6 inches from her shoulders if she wore it straight.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Here is a picture of Madeline, and I think she looks great here.

I've always thought she was adorable, but this is the most beautiful picture I've ever seen of her - her curls are natural but smoother, and her makeup is polished and perfect.  Love!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, raindancer said:

yes!!!!!  she would look so amazing with her hair long and curly - I used to love to wear it that way too till my hair got shredded with some poorly done highlights, and I had to cut a lot of it off.  It looks long now when I wear it straight (middle of my back) but I'd look like Little Orphan Annie if I wore it curly at this length.  I bet Maddie's hair would probably be down about 5 or 6 inches from her shoulders if she wore it straight.

Let's continue this in Small Talk...

• Love 1

Recent posts just go to show that different dancers appeal to different people.  I personally think the Simone was engaging, fluid, having fun, and being "fresh" in the dance she posted; whereas Jaxx, to my untrained eye, looked like she was forcing her moves and energy.  To each their own.  Paige is a great dancer too, at least in the video posted above.

• Love 1
On 2/7/2017 at 0:35 PM, bigskygirl said:

Pretty much. I think she's just cute and sassy.

23 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I would like to see Maddie's hair a bit longer, just a few inches brushing her shoulders would be cute. Then again I'd like to see Holly's hair a bit longer too

Same. The short fits Holly, but I'd really like to see something..else.

20 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

she still just looks like a dark haired Cassie to me!

She does!!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, DancingDina13 said:

I guess I am the only person who would love to see Jenna get point if she does come back another season. 

Jenna was supposed to alternate point with Jennifer this year, I'm thinking because that never really happened she's coming back to be point.

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Jenna was supposed to alternate point with Jennifer this year, I'm thinking because that never really happened she's coming back to be point.

Not necessarily...right? Yes, Jenna has put in her time but...is point girl a given? Now, I LOVE Jenna but I think Erica has earned it. And yes, over Jenna. I like Everything about Jenna even her over indulgence of selfies but they need a point girl that is above reproach. Erica is the one. 

Erica! EricA! ERICA for point girl!!! 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

I guess I am the only person who would love to see Jenna get point if she does come back another season. 

I would be happy to see her there, but all I really care about is dancing. I couldn't care less about selfies or a fling with a football player- the girl can dance and usually doesn't overdo it (that's my only gripe with Holly P - so extra lol). I also would be happy with Erica as point. She always brings it and is gorgeous. Melissa doesn't stand out as much to me, but I would be fine with her as well.

Perhaps this should go in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but since the video was posted in this thread, I'll put it here. I think Stephanie was completed out-danced by Cersten and Erica in that video upthread. If I hadn't read the names of the girls in the video, I would've thought she was some random girl at a prep class and not a DCC. That's not the DCC style, so it's not a big deal, but I don't find her impressive at all in that video.

• Love 2