Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Very glad she's trying out again, but wow, Kelli Q has nothing "to get ready for," as far as I can tell.  She's always so ripped and toned.  I hope she doesn't slim down at all through this "getting ready" for calendar shoot business, as I think she treads the line of thin/too thin.  Several years ago folks here were pondering why she hadn't made training camp, and some speculated that her thinness made her look a bit older.  I agreed, and I also think the heavy, heavy make up she wears ages her a bit too.  So, please, Kelli, don't overdo this bikini-ready enterprise!  I've become a fan of hers, and admire the hell outta her abs, but I do cringe a little sometimes at the makeup and 1% body fat effect on such an impressive woman and performer.  I'd love to see her from a shoot with toned-down beachy makeup.  My guess is she'd look prettier, fresher and more youthful.  

• Love 5

Anyone know if Amy L is trying out again?  I also wonder if that haircut is "authorized" or not because it's been rather traditional for girls to keep their hairstyles/colors throughout their stint on the team.  Milan is unusual in that she hasn't (and there have been a handful of others who've changed their looks while on the team), but, for the most part, the looks don't change.  

• Love 1

Yeah...Amy is going into her third year tho right? I would say that's time enough for her to request an updated look.  Paige was allowed to change her style after a year or so and Sydney even was permitted to go brunette.  Hmm...interesting.  

4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah...Amy is going into her third year tho right? I would say that's time enough for her to request an updated look.  Paige was allowed to change her style after a year or so and Sydney even was permitted to go brunette.  Hmm...interesting.  

She's reauditioning per twitter. 

• Love 2

Jenna also had a big chop this season. I had forgotten about it until I saw her with shorter hair in the video from Sarah's prep class. Kelsey also had a lot of color changes. 

Big fan of Amy, I feel like I say that about everyone. To me she is a dark horse to be a second leader. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

When did they get to be so strict about staying the same year after year bc it seems if you look at the pics from the 80s at least their looks changed year to year just look at Kelli's pics.

They weren't as big of a deal in the 80s. Now I think the idea is to keep their looks roughly the same so that they can be recognized as they are in their pictures. 

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Erica's latest pic on IG....gahhhhh she is TOO GORGEOUS. I will seriously be ticked if she's not point.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I LOVE HER. 

She is hands down my favorite current DCC. She's just adorable. She seems so sweet on the show and in all her posts. Girl crush hahaha. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Erica's latest pic on IG....gahhhhh she is TOO GORGEOUS. I will seriously be ticked if she's not point.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I LOVE HER. 

Yes, hands down, this girl has earned point girl. Please, universe, make this happen! 

• Love 1

I'M OBSESSED WITH AMY'S HAIR. I think she looks so cute with it short, I hope they allow her to keep it that way instead of using extensions like Jenna was until now.

18 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Love the new look!!!

16 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

she really is very pretty!  who do you think her biggest competition is for point?  holly?  Melissa?  megan?

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

it seems like all the girls are posting about being proud of Jennifer for getting pro bowl...sure hope the weather is better there than it is where i live :-/ 

I checked the weather since I was talking about Disney with my friend who has a friend down there right now. It's windy and 69, still warmer than here lol

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

it seems like all the girls are posting about being proud of Jennifer for getting pro bowl...sure hope the weather is better there than it is where i live :-/ 

40. That's the temperature and the mph of the biggest gusts of wind where I am. Longing for Florida. 

2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Love the new look!!!

she really is very pretty!  who do you think her biggest competition is for point?  holly?  Melissa?  megan?

Just based on the position of this years triangle I would say Melissa is her biggest competition right now, but holly is a strong contender. I think it comes down to Melissa and Erica though, and whoever is point will also be group 1 leader. 

Edited by LaurelleJ

I really like Melissa, I do (and wouldn't be mad if it's her lol) but I hope it's Erica.  She is the most photogenic girl on the squad, bright smile without exaggerated facials, and perfect figure.  Plus she got shoved into a terrible position this year; sorry, but 95% of the time she was behind Jennifer who is taller than her.  

It'd be awesome to have her at point, and Melissa and Holly on either side lol  Blonde, brunette and redhead! 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I really like Melissa, I do (and wouldn't be mad if it's her lol) but I hope it's Erica.  She is the most photogenic girl on the squad, bright smile without exaggerated facials, and perfect figure.  Plus she got shoved into a terrible position this year; sorry, but 95% of the time she was behind Jennifer who is taller than her.  

It'd be awesome to have her at point, and Melissa and Holly on either side lol  Blonde, brunette and redhead! 

Hahaha I love how salty you are about Erica being put behind Jenn in the triangle this year ;)

But I agree, Melissa and Erica will be up there and possibly Lacey/Holly/Jinelle/Robin/Amy T rounding out that front group. I'm guessing Mandy and Maddie (and Cersten if she stays) will make some movement towards the front. 

Visually, Erica is stunning and would be perfect as point. Melissa is a strong dancer, but her facials bother the heck out of me. For whatever reason she reminds me of Trisha Trevino who had the worse cheesing face ever. 

Edited by HowdeeDo

I share in @LaurenBrook 's frustration of Erica being stuck in a bad position this year. She needs to be in the front. She was chosen to go first at finals and then got stuck Behind jenn. Don't get me wrong, it's an honor to be anywhere in the triangle (are we supposed to be calling it a heart?) Erica as point with Melissa and holly at her sides is a good mix of hair colors as suggested above. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I share in @LaurenBrook 's frustration of Erica being stuck in a bad position this year. She needs to be in the front. She was chosen to go first at finals and then got stuck Behind jenn. Don't get me wrong, it's an honor to be anywhere in the triangle (are we supposed to be calling it a heart?) Erica as point with Melissa and holly at her sides is a good mix of hair colors as suggested above. 

Maybe it's a diamond? 

44 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Maybe it's a diamond? 

Could be. They are Americas sweethearts. When they are in formation (hehe) for thunderstruck it looks like a heart, you know at the part where they form the tight triangle/heart/diamond for the second time. I've heard some vets refer to the front of the triangle. 

9 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Could be. They are Americas sweethearts. When they are in formation (hehe) for thunderstruck it looks like a heart, you know at the part where they form the tight triangle/heart/diamond for the second time. I've heard some vets refer to the front of the triangle. 

I'm a dork. They do make a heart with the whole squad. Front three at the tip are the triangle and the front most girl is the point. 

I was calling the front three - where Jenn, Jenna and Melissa were this year, plus the spot right behind Jenn K where Erica was, the Diamond. 

Isn't it called a triangle though? I've never seen their formation referred to as a heart lol

Edited by heatherrrrz
16 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Hahaha I love how salty you are about Erica being put behind Jenn in the triangle this year ;)

But I agree, Melissa and Erica will be up there and possibly Lacey/Holly/Jinelle/Robin/Amy T rounding out that front group. I'm guessing Mandy and Maddie (and Cersten if she stays) will make some movement towards the front. 

hehe i can't help it! it's not a bad position for taller girls, like Lauren Williams who was there for a while - you could see her!! But Erica is just not tall enough and so many of the group pics are when they are in that formation so it's like, where's Erica?? 

I keep forgetting about Amy T.  She will have a good position too if she stays, they love her and she really is so pretty and photogenic. 

• Love 1
On 1/21/2017 at 9:44 PM, LaurenBrook said:

omg holly p and maddie are on IG live right now...stinkin' cutest girls ever!!! 

Hi all! Long time reader, first time posting. I watched Holly and Maddie on instagram live, too and they were so sweet to answer fan questions. Someone asked how long they wanted to be DCCs. Holly said she's "thinking 4 years" and Maddie said she wasn't sure but will be reauditioning. They also confirmed that they have to be camera ready at every practice (outside of MTT) because they don't know if they're going to have visitors. A bunch of people kept asking if they interacted with the Cowboys players (no, obviously), which was funny. 

I have to say, I was not a big Holly fan before this but seeing her and Maddie interact with friends and fans on IG really made me like her more. (I've always been a Maddie fan.) 

Also, ERICA FOR POINT!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Any ideas who will be Vet of the Year and Rookie of the Year.   Vet of the Year-Jennifer, Danielle, Jenna or Jessica   Rookie of the Year-Madeline, Mandy, Kelli, or Maggie.

Are there certain parameters or qualifications for Vet of the Year?  Wondering if a 2 year vet has the same chance as a 4 or 5 year vet.

• Love 1

Vet of Year probably is for two and more years girls. I do believe the girls vote for Vet and Rookie of the Year, and I am sure Kelli and Judy get a say in who is selected. There have been three and four year girls who were chosen.

5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

hehe i can't help it! it's not a bad position for taller girls, like Lauren Williams who was there for a while - you could see her!! But Erica is just not tall enough and so many of the group pics are when they are in that formation so it's like, where's Erica?? 

I keep forgetting about Amy T.  She will have a good position too if she stays, they love her and she really is so pretty and photogenic. 

I'm wondering if Erica was put there because she was injured a lot this year. In a lot of the photos, Erica is no where to be seen and Megan is in that spot and Mandy comes forward where Megan usually is.. Makes me wonder if Erica will stay for another year or not.. Eeesh its gonna be a very junior team next year I think!!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I'm wondering if Erica was put there because she was injured a lot this year. In a lot of the photos, Erica is no where to be seen and Megan is in that spot and Mandy comes forward where Megan usually is.. Makes me wonder if Erica will stay for another year or not.. Eeesh its gonna be a very junior team next year I think!!

Ugh, I didn't even notice that but I hope she stays! 

• Love 1

@JayDKay good point, didn't think of that. Hopefully she won't get bitten by the injury bug next year. 

For vet of the year I would not be surprised if Jenn won, but am hoping for Jessica. I like her a lot and she seems to fly so far below the radar.

Rookie of the year I see going to either Madeline, Maggie, or Mandy. Could be a surprise though. When Mary (so beautiful!) and Kashara won ROTY I didn't see it coming. 

I really hope VOTY goes to Jessica Danielle or Jenna because 1. Jennifer gets everything and 2. Their rookie class was my favorite of all time! So much beauty and talent and personality. Sad to see that's the last of them. :( 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

Are there certain parameters or qualifications for Vet of the Year?  Wondering if a 2 year vet has the same chance as a 4 or 5 year vet.

I was wondering this but about whether it's usually someone who is retiring. Has a VOTY come back?

4 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Long time watcher, short time lurker. 

I see a lot of people saying that it will be a very junior team next year! Yet, I feel like there aren't too many girls that are "for sure" retiring. So far all we know of is Jenna, Jennifer, Jessica [wow so many J names] Bess, and Danielle right? Based on last years amount of amount of girls who didn't return, it doesn't seem like near as many. Do a lot of girls typically keep it quiet that they're retiring on social media until the banquet? 

11 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Long time watcher, short time lurker. 

I see a lot of people saying that it will be a very junior team next year! Yet, I feel like there aren't too many girls that are "for sure" retiring. So far all we know of is Jenna, Jennifer, Jessica [wow so many J names] Bess, and Danielle right? Based on last years amount of amount of girls who didn't return, it doesn't seem like near as many. Do a lot of girls typically keep it quiet that they're retiring on social media until the banquet? 

I think when people say it will be a junior team they're referring to the upper vets retiring. There will be a lot of second and third year vets next year but not a lot of fourth and fifth year vets. Looking at the current roster, assuming none of them retire, there will only be three fourth year vets (Erica, Melissa, Lacey) and one fifth year vet (Jinelle). Looking back on past seasons, a lot more girls stayed for their fourth and fifth years, but it seems to be a dying trend now.

PS -- Welcome!! ?

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 5