Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Rage On My Ass

• Start Topic

On September 26, 2016 at 1:37 AM, breezy424 said:

These women are on a reality show.   They're paid to 'care' about stuff.   I don't see Jac as interfering but doing her 'job'.  It's no less than Tre taking away time from her husband who is going to 'camp' in a few weeks for over three years to take time out to go on a 'girl's' weekend to go to Vermont.  It's all BS.  Melissa and Tre are no less guilty of playing the game.

With you 100%. Same thing I thought about the infamous "patio summit" with Teresa and Jaq. Teresa refused to acknowledge any issues on camera (despite getting paid for tabloid articles where she also talked shit about her cast mates in same articles), so IMO Sirens set the whole thing up. Don't believe for a second though Carloline just stopped by at end (thought "nice bag" as Teresa left was a nice touch though - it's true). Also don't believe Teresa wouldn't have done the same thing if the "Louboutin was on the other foot" so to speak. IMO - they're all famewhores who need cash. 

Don't know how to double quote from different posts (any help?). But think it's somewhat ironic that Jaq slapping Caroline is brought up as her being unstable (not that I don't think Jaq's too emotional for this - sorry Chris and sorry you need the $ to put up with this BS - see also Juicy).

Teresa threw a table at another woman while calling her a prostitution whore (in front of the other woman's underage children and while her own where close by). That seems pretty unstable to me re throwing stones at glass houses. 

• Love 10

That's the one thing in the "Pros" column of my mental "Pros & Cons" list about Jacqueline.

Right? The thought of Caroline getting popped in her smug mug takes me to a happy place. That Teresa would be clutching her pearls over it all these years later is laughable.

Teresa doesn't act like that anymore.

She's been out of prison a month. Time will tell how much she's sincerely changed.

Why would Teresa need to tighten her cooch for Juicy while he's away? Is she planning on keeping it loose with the lawyer for the next three years?

• Love 6

I think Jac is simply crazy.  She was the one who brought Danielle Staub (or tried to) to the inner circle.  She was the one who started yelling about Dina being a liar, after Caroline told the story about the book, so, she is claiming Dina and Caroline were liars.

I think she is obsessed with Teresa and has been the common denominator stirring the pot and teeing up Kathy, Rosie, Richie, Melissa, Kim G, Kim D, Ashlee, even the twins that were on last year, when Jac made her appearances with Rosie, Kathy, Theresa & Nicole...Remember her Twitter rants, also Twitter rants from Jac's own mother.

Her worst offense?  The way she went over the top trying to "discipline" Gia.  She was intimidating a little girl.

After all all these years...no growth for this woman.  Just as nuts as ever.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

Her worst offense?  The way she went over the top trying to "discipline" Gia.  She was intimidating a little girl.

Not sure I agree with that. Gia was being a brat in that instance. IMO - her mother should have stepped in -instead of validating her "feelings". 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Gotta love Jaq's desperate attempt to get even more attention by threatening to leave with Chris. So obvious that it was an attention grab, I would have said 'have a safe trip back' while fighting my eyes needing to roll... talk about fake... pffft... 

Chris was probably behind the scenes begging for them to convince her to stay. He just wanted a moment's peace!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Not sure I agree with that. Gia was being a brat in that instance. IMO - her mother should have stepped in -instead of validating her "feelings". 

I didn't see it that way at all. Gia was a little girl who was taking a game far more seriously than the adults who were also playing. Jac should have left her alone like Gia wanted to cool off instead of taunting her with a book on sportsmanship. That wasn't her place - and Jac enjoyed that little girls distress. 

• Love 20
49 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Gia was not hitting anyone, throwing things or being verbally abusive.  SHe was upset and dealt with it by going off to be on her own so she could pull herself together.  There is nothing wrong with that, in fact it is an appropriate way to deal with anger,  Jac and Caroline sought Gia out and made fun of her.  These two grown women, both Mother's of the Year, picked on and bullied an emotionally vulnerable child.   

I was shocked by the mean spiritedness on display towards Gia by the "grown ups" that day.  

None of these women are Moms of the Year...

Are the Guidici children spoiled?  Yes.  Should all kids get a trophy? Nooooo.  Did Jac cross the line (and then Caroline too) in that scene?  Absolutely.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Like 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Gia was not hitting anyone, throwing things or being verbally abusive.  SHe was upset and dealt with it by going off to be on her own so she could pull herself together.  There is nothing wrong with that, in fact it is an appropriate way to deal with anger,  Jac and Caroline sought Gia out and made fun of her.  These two grown women, both Mother's of the Year, picked on and bullied an emotionally vulnerable child.   

EXACTLY!

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Teresa's kids have been forced to grow up and while it must be hard to accept that they'll be living 4 years without having both of their parents around at the same time - it seems like their kids are coming out of the situation for the better. They're seeming like responsible, helpful and self-sufficient people for their age. Teresa's need to be appear 'strong' all of the time is both a weakness and a strength...looks like it's an attribute that all of her kids have been learned from her but they have so far seemed to have taken the best parts of it.  I hope it stays that way. 

Jac instigated a fight, she fuelled the anger with trying to call Robyn's bluff and then the next day she hides away in her room and presents the situation as if she was concerned  for what might happen to her because of the threats Robyn was making. She then disregards everyone else on the trip and appeared desperate for attention - she wanted to announce her early exit to the two people who she knew would beg her to stay and reassure her that she was wanted. I also don't understand why Siggy, Dolores and Jac made it seem like Robyn was purely the threat to Teresa's good behaviour outside of prison. If Jac has a personality that is just as willing to engage without any ability to assess a situation and walk away instead of fuel the fire, then Jac is just as much a liability to be around as Robyn is. 

Highlight of the entire episode was watching Joe cross country ski and sliding right into the trees, haha...I know it's not exactly the same thing but if you're that good of a skier that can control your skis while zooming down a hill, shouldn't it be relatively easier to have some control when skiing on flat land? 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I completely agree; I don't think Gia was a brat at all nor do I think Teresa handled it badly - I would have comforted my kid and validated her feelings too. Some kids take games way more seriously than others and leaving to calm down was actually a very mature way for that little girl to handle her upset. 

I had forgotten Caroline was a part of it too though. Gia repeatedly asking for her mother while being cornered and taunted by Jac (and Caroline) was kinda heartbreaking for me and for that alone, I could never even entertain the idea of liking them. I fully believe they derived huge amounts of pleasure out of Gia's distress because IIRC Jac kept laughing as she was trying to shove that stupid book in her face.

• Like 1
  • Love 13

Jersey always gets the low rent vacations.  They never go first class but this Vermont thing was crappy even for them.  There was no snow, they went on dog sled rides with sleds pulled by undernourished dogs of the non sled dog breed, they ate mac and cheese and chicken wings for dinner in their bathrobes, had breakfast made by a "chef" but served in styrofoam containers and the weather was lousy.  Add in Jacqueline's shenanigans and it was downright depressing!  Next episode one of the women says "I'm thinking about what window I'm gonna jump out of".  I can see why.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

I was shocked by the mean spiritedness on display towards Gia by the "grown ups" that day.  

None of these women are Moms of the Year...

Are the Guidici children spoiled?  Yes.  Should all kids get a trophy? Nooooo.  Did Jac cross the line (and then Caroline too) in that scene?  Absolutely.

I agree. I don't like the "everyone is a winner!" mentality. But it's quite normal for kids to get upset when they lose. It doesn't mean they're brats. I agree that Gia should have been left alone until she was able to get herself calmed down, not made fun of by adults. As if Jac hasn't ever pitched a fit when things don't go HER way? She's way more obnoxious than Gia! Look at how she handled herself this weekend! I hate when kids are expected to be these perfect little robots, but grownups are always acting out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, zulualpha said:

Jersey always gets the low rent vacations.  They never go first class but this Vermont thing was crappy even for them.  There was no snow, they went on dog sled rides with sleds pulled by undernourished dogs of the non sled dog breed, they ate mac and cheese and chicken wings for dinner in their bathrobes, had breakfast made by a "chef" but served in styrofoam containers and the weather was lousy.  Add in Jacqueline's shenanigans and it was downright depressing!  Next episode one of the women says "I'm thinking about what window I'm gonna jump out of".  I can see why.

They really do. I can't remember them ever going anywhere fancy, except Italy and that was a few years ago. BH went to Amsterdam, Dubai and the OC gals have been to Fiji and Costa Rica and are going to Ireland. Another thing I just realized, the Jersey ladies go on vacation with the whole family. Italy was like that and also when they went to the Dominican Republic, husbands, kids, everyone went. The other ones usually just take girls trips. 

• Love 4

I can't remember them ever going anywhere fancy, except Italy and that was a few years ago.

Don't forget the trip to Wine Country. The beauty and romanticism of it all was so overwhelming, Teresa wanted a finger in her butthole.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Why were they skiing without gloves? I started to wonder if that was fake snow because nobody's clothing was consistent.  Some of the workers were only wearing henley shirts and other mild fall weather clothing.

This was filmed last winter, when we, on the East Coast had one of the mildest winters ever (I was a happy camper!!).  The weather was very moderate, with very few below freezing days, so it made sense that just a fleece or a heavy sweatshirt would suffice.  I went most of the winter without pulling out my down jackets/coats.  In NJ, we had only one big snowstorm, and that snow melted in about 48 hours.  I think it was close to or over 70 degrees on Christimas Day (I remember this because we were all sweating wearing our "Ugly Christmas Sweaters" at my family get together).

I know the ski resorts in Pennsylvania were hurting because of the temperature and lack of natural snow - I'm sure Vermont was the same for most of the season, too.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5

Jersey always gets the low rent vacations. 

Years ago, the "ladies" of the OC went to San Francisco and had the privilege of dining at Hubert Keller's restaurant, Fleur-de-Lys. One of the funniest things I ever saw on TWOP was the comment that these hags treated Hubert Keller as if he were no more than the maitre d' at Chili's. Even if they had no clue who he was, they had no idea how to conduct themselves graciously in a 5-star restaurant. Alexis spit out foie gras in her napkin, forcing Vicki to dry-heave. It's almost a shame that the RHONJ cast never got a chance to similarly embarrass themselves in an upscale place - the snark would be off the charts.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

They really do. I can't remember them ever going anywhere fancy, except Italy and that was a few years ago.

And even then, quite a few of them had already been there. Joe had been born there!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

This was filmed last winter, when we, on the East Coast had one of the mildest winters ever (I was a happy camper!!).  The weather was very moderate, with very few below freezing days, so it made sense that just a fleece or a heavy sweatshirt would suffice.  I went most of the winter without pulling out my down jackets/coats.  In NJ, we had only one big snowstorm, and that snow melted in about 48 hours.  I think it was close to or over 70 degrees on Christimas Day (I remember this because we were all sweating wearing our "Ugly Christmas Sweaters" at my family get together).

I live in NH and on Christmas day we moved the dining room table out on the deck and had diner at sunset.  No one even needed a jacket. We got less snow last year than my in laws in Virginia.  It was a much need break from the horrors of the previous winter.  There was so much snow that there were no places to put it.  The "snow farm" where the city stores the snow removed from the streets, ran out of room and snow had to be dumped in the rivers and ocean.  The snow in the "farms" did not totally melt until mid July.  It was also one of the coldest winters on record.  With the lack of snow and warmer temps last winter, a lot of people were going out without heavy coats and gloves.

• Love 3

I've stayed at Topnotch Stowe and it is without a doubt one of the tops there. Amazing modern amenities with a Vermont touch. Great food and the Spa is huge and high end . The rooms are beautiful. Www.topnotchresort.com 

I was there in summer and their pool is the nicest in Stowe. All stone and slate colored it looks like it's built into the mountain. Very chic. 

I would have NEVER considered wearing my robe to ANY public area in the hotel. The robes are amazing and I did see a couple to and from the pool but never in a restaurant . In fact the patio dining near the pool even has a no swimwear dress code and shoes required. It is high end the robes were for tv. You can view the dinner menu  here: http://www.topnotchresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Flannel-Menu_2016.pdf that's the menu for flannel .... The chicken wings were prob in the bar... the Roost . 

Jaq is crazy. I think the ep title is meant for Jaq.  "Rage: On My Ass" I.e. Jaq is rage ... Sitting On her ass in Robyn's lap. 

• Love 3

Gosh, we're going back to the 'fun' day at Jac's house.  Sorry, Gia was a brat and obnoxious.  'It was torture'.  Reminds me of Bethenny Frankel and every not so fun event in her life.  I don't think Jac or Caroline derived any pleasure out of the situation.  Caroline held her tongue because she wanted to say get over it (and I've never been a fan of Caroline's) and Jac, who BTW was very close to Tre at the time, wanted help Gia, while Tre didn't give a shit as a parent.  This was pretty much Tre's MO with her kids.  She pretty much spent her time shelling out money for all her kid's desires if they whined the least bit.  Except for Gabriella who never displayed any of this. 

• Love 5

Sorry, Gia was a brat and obnoxious.  'It was torture'.  Reminds me of Bethenny Frankel and every not so fun event in her life. 

Haha, one is an adult and one is a child. Not comparable, IMO.

Jac, who BTW was very close to Tre at the time, wanted help Gia, while Tre didn't give a shit as a parent.

I don't think badgering, baby-talking, and shoving a preschooler's book in a not-preschool kid's face is that helpful, but that's just me. Then again, I also think that a mom (who likely knows her own kid better than other people) opting to leave said kid alone when she wants to be left alone, and not magnifying a child's meltdown, is a sound plan (and if Gia was being an obnoxious or attention-seeking brat, wouldn't it be best to not cater to that?). It looked to me like Caroline and Jacqueline were totally embarrassing Gia; at best, they were being clueless, and at worst malicious (for the record, I actually lean toward the former, and maybe they were trying to help).

As it relates to this episode though, it seems like Jacqueline just likes to insert herself into stuff that's not her problem, like Teresa's lunch with Kathy and Rosie (before and after). Whether that's due to the show wanting that or to her own machinations, I don't claim to know. But from what I see, that's what she does. Maybe it's coming from a legit place of caring about people and maybe it's because she's a busybody/ a shit-stirrer/a Bravo soldier/desperate to be part of something. Maybe all of it. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Then again, I also think that a mom (who likely knows her own kid better than other people) opting to leave said kid alone when she wants to be left alone, and not magnifying a child's meltdown, is a sound plan

Absolutely. My oldest is like that. If he's upset about anything (whether I think it's a valid reason or not), talking to me just makes it worse. I could come in yelling, or in my nicest Michelle Duggar voice and try to hug him and make him feel better - it doesn't matter. He just wants to be left alone. 

Jac has shown in this episode that she likes to goad people and make a bad situation worse. So I have no doubt that's what she was doing that day. Look at how she "parented" Ashley. She'll fight with a CHILD on their level, rather than use common sense and maturity. 

• Love 10

Jac complained in a TH that a problem with Ashlee growing up was when Ashlee got too big for Jac to pull her hair as a form of discipline.   Jac is insane and unstable and I would never want her even around my daughter.  She is a horrible mother.  And she can't let anything go and started every bit of upset this ep.  Chris must want to run away from her constantly.

• Love 9

Absolutely. My oldest is like that. If he's upset about anything (whether I think it's a valid reason or not), talking to me just makes it worse. I could come in yelling, or in my nicest Michelle Duggar voice and try to hug him and make him feel better - it doesn't matter. He just wants to be left alone. 

Haha, as an adult I am like that! None of that "I don't want to talk about it (but yes I do and I'll be mad if you don't follow me!)" fakery for me; if I say that, I actually mean that. I just felt sorry for Gia when she was asking for her mom that day; she wanted to be left alone at first and then realized she needed help because they wouldn't stop bothering her! 

• Love 9

I don't think Jac is jealous of Tre and Mel's relationship.  I think the truth is that Jac sees the phoniness of it. 

I've wondered about the jealousy thing myself (and whether it IS jealousy, or something else)...because wouldn't Jac be jealous of Delores and Teresa's friendship? Or jealous of Siggy getting involved in Teresa's family dynamics?

The conflict between Melissa and Teresa was such a major theme for at least two (three?) seasons, that now they're getting along, Jacqueline needs to adjust. There's no longer a need for her to be a peacemaker, so how is she going to use Teresa and Melissa's relationship to her advantage?

Jac complained in a TH that a problem with Ashlee growing up was when Ashlee got too big for Jac to pull her hair as a form of discipline

OMG! No wonder Ashlee yanked Danielle's hair then...she learned from her mom that that's an acceptable way to express anger! (Disclaimer: I'm GenX and was spanked by my parents here and there when I was a kid, and don't consider that abuse...but hair-pulling is a new one to me.)

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

I've wondered about the jealousy thing myself (and whether it IS jealousy, or something else)...because wouldn't Jac be jealous of Delores and Teresa's friendship? Or jealous of Siggy getting involved in Teresa's family dynamics?

I think Jac views Siggy and Delores as HER friends, since they've been brought on in mostly her scenes, and would definitely be jealous of closeness with the other ladies. I believe we already saw a bit of that when the ladies went away for the previous overnight. She kept asking what people were talking about and was acting all paranoid when things weren't centered around her.

• Love 3
On 9/28/2016 at 10:13 AM, MaggieG said:

They really do. I can't remember them ever going anywhere fancy, except Italy and that was a few years ago. BH went to Amsterdam, Dubai and the OC gals have been to Fiji and Costa Rica and are going to Ireland. Another thing I just realized, the Jersey ladies go on vacation with the whole family. Italy was like that and also when they went to the Dominican Republic, husbands, kids, everyone went. The other ones usually just take girls trips. 

Wonder if it has to do with various legal issues.  That and they go out of the country (DR) and a fight and lawsuit happen.  Cannot trust these chuckleheads to not get into trouble.  Or as I said they are not legally allowed to leave in toto.  I swear when they were in Italy the reason Joe wouldn't let anyone touch his luggage was the family fortune and jewels were stashed in there.

• Love 3
On 9/27/2016 at 6:36 PM, RHJunkie said:

Highlight of the entire episode was watching Joe cross country ski and sliding right into the trees, haha...I know it's not exactly the same thing but if you're that good of a skier that can control your skis while zooming down a hill, shouldn't it be relatively easier to have some control when skiing on flat land? 

Definitely the highlight, and I normally can't stand Joe.  I was even kind of laughing with him rather than at him--new for me. 

I suspect he usually skis downhill, and this time they were on cross-country skis.  The skis are a LOT longer and skinnier and are designed to go in a straight line, while he's used to being on much shorter shaped skis that are designed to turn easily.  Challenges can ensue.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:14 PM, njbchlover said:

I think it was close to or over 70 degrees on Christimas Day (I remember this because we were all sweating wearing our "Ugly Christmas Sweaters" at my family get together).

Fellow New England girl here!  We grilled out on the deck on Christmas Eve!  I was barefoot in a  light blouse & jeans, no jacket!   It was WONDERFUL!!!

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Bless the ridiculous title of this episode that makes me laugh every single time I read it and bless this show for giving me Joe Gorga on skis. The first really hearty laugh I've had in weeks!

I know, before I watched the show I was like, I NEED PUNCTUATION!

Is it Rage On, My Ass

or Rage, On My Ass

or even Rage On! My Ass!

I couldn't work it out.

• Love 7

I've never thought highly of Jaq and thought she was always an immature selfish mess but even more  so I've never been impressed with as Caroline as a wife and mother, nor as family, friend or advisor. I've always thought she needed to put her own house in order before she butted into the lives of others.

I don't have a high opinion of any of her family and thought them false and hypocrites.

• Love 6

One more thing I may have missed others commenting on: TOTALLY over production rewarding the Gorga children with airtime. I don't think it's "cute" to see Jnr kicking his father while the parents are talking and neither parent acknowledge this disgusting, attention seeking behaviour. First of all, Mum and Dad are talking, so beat feet. Secondly, use your words. And further, it's not amusing and it's not entertaining and I don't want to see it. It was bad enough when we were being fed the schtick about Joe's 'old school' attitude to Melissa working and the (boom tish!) chaos that ensues when he has to deal with dinner!!! That was another scene where I reached for the ff button. I can't stand kids being misinformed about how cute their screaming and rudeness is and I don't want to watch it. The Gorga daughter putting the dog in the kitchen sink (hilarious!) cos her mother wasn't home and then screeching 'MOOOMMM!' repeatedly....scripted and beyond boring. I'll say one thing for Atlanta: Porsha and Kim ('Tootie' Kim, not 'wig' Kim) have some beautifully brought up and natural children: polite, well behaved and actually fun to watch when it's limited to scenes where they happen to be around when the hos are being filmed. The NJ kids, from the overexposed and deadly dull Manzos, to the over informed Staubs and to the overentitled and misinformed about their importance Gorgas.....make it stop. Funnily, Tre's aren't the worst, except for having to hear 'Milania' being shrilled across the acres of marble. That gets old real quick.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:21 PM, IKnowRight said:

I think Jac is simply crazy.  She was the one who brought Danielle Staub (or tried to) to the inner circle.  She was the one who started yelling about Dina being a liar, after Caroline told the story about the book, so, she is claiming Dina and Caroline were liars.

I think she is obsessed with Teresa and has been the common denominator stirring the pot and teeing up Kathy, Rosie, Richie, Melissa, Kim G, Kim D, Ashlee, even the twins that were on last year, when Jac made her appearances with Rosie, Kathy, Theresa & Nicole...Remember her Twitter rants, also Twitter rants from Jac's own mother.

After all all these years...no growth for this woman.  Just as nuts as ever.

The show brought Danielle Staub into the inner circle.  It was their job to interact with her.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:36 PM, RHJunkie said:

Jac instigated a fight, she fuelled the anger with trying to call Robyn's bluff and then the next day she hides away in her room and presents the situation as if she was concerned  for what might happen to her because of the threats Robyn was making. She then disregards everyone else on the trip and appeared desperate for attention - she wanted to announce her early exit to the two people who she knew would beg her to stay and reassure her that she was wanted. I also don't understand why Siggy, Dolores and Jac made it seem like Robyn was purely the threat to Teresa's good behaviour outside of prison. If Jac has a personality that is just as willing to engage without any ability to assess a situation and walk away instead of fuel the fire, then Jac is just as much a liability to be around as Robyn is. 

I disagree.  I think it was Robyn instigating that fight.  If Jacqueline is crazy, Robyn is certifiably insane.  She has a bone to pick because Rosie dumped her, and she was ready to go off on the subject.  Robyn was screaming in rage and threatening violence, while Jacqueline was mostly laughing off what Robyn was saying.  And Robyn has a lot of nerve calling Jacqueline ugly.  Has she looked in a mirror?  Robyn is the very definition of, "ridden hard and put up wet".  She also seemed to be angling for a spot on the show.  She's brand new to this stuff, yet there she is standing in her bra, for the crew and the world to see.  Then her partner put all of the blame on Jac, while Robyn struck a martyr's pose.  I cannot stand this woman.  I may be out if she's on regularly.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:47 PM, jaync said:

Don't forget the trip to Wine Country. The beauty and romanticism of it all was so overwhelming, Teresa wanted a finger in her butthole.

Ahem.  I don't think it was his finger she wanted there. 

"Calm down, Padre" is my new favorite line from this franchise.

Loved Dolores wanting to pull the shed with the dogs.  I could not let those babies pull me around for entertainment.  They looked a little downtrodden, like the poor horses dragging around carriages and lazy tourists.  And lovely that the dog owners left them outside in the snow with no shelter.  Dogs are not wolves - who are so insulated you can see freshly fallen snow laying on their heads, without melting and soaking their coat.  Dogs have been domesticated for thousands of years, and in general, don't grow thick winter coats like they did in the wild. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Loved Dolores wanting to pull the shed with the dogs.  I could not let those babies pull me around for entertainment.  They looked a little downtrodden, like the poor horses dragging around carriages and lazy tourists.  And lovely that the dog owners left them outside in the snow with no shelter.  Dogs are not wolves - who are so insulated you can see freshly fallen snow laying on their heads, without melting and soaking their coat.  Dogs have been domesticated for thousands of years, and in general, don't grow thick winter coats like they did in the wild. 

You couldn't stop them from pulling you. Sled dogs are freaking intense. They HAVE to pull. They are not frou frou dogs that lounge by the fire. They were bred for this (and yes, as non-purebred as they looked, they were purpose-bred - for performance, not looks). The trick is to keep them from running until they collapse, they want to so badly. They'd be miserable inside.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The show brought Danielle Staub into the inner circle.  It was their job to interact with her.

I disagree.  I think it was Robyn instigating that fight.  If Jacqueline is crazy, Robyn is certifiably insane.  She has a bone to pick because Rosie dumped her, and she was ready to go off on the subject.  Robyn was screaming in rage and threatening violence, while Jacqueline was mostly laughing off what Robyn was saying.  And Robyn has a lot of nerve calling Jacqueline ugly.  Has she looked in a mirror?  Robyn is the very definition of, "ridden hard and put up wet".  She also seemed to be angling for a spot on the show.  She's brand new to this stuff, yet there she is standing in her bra, for the crew and the world to see.  Then her partner put all of the blame on Jac, while Robyn struck a martyr's pose.  I cannot stand this woman.  I may be out if she's on regularly.

Ahem.  I don't think it was his finger she wanted there. 

"Calm down, Padre" is my new favorite line from this franchise.

Robyn had a bone to pick but that argument escalated because of how Jac reacted to her. Things got heated quick the moment that Jac called her one of Teresa's soldiers. In my books, when you make a comment to someone where you belittle their existence and suggest an inability to think, speak or act by their own accord, that is about as instigating as it gets. I'm not defending Robyn's behaviour at all but just because she may have had the intention of addressing an issue doesn't mean that she also had the intention of taking things that far without the comments that Jac made to her. She's still accountable for how she reacts to people,  her behaviour was disgusting and that was a given. I addressed Jac's behaviour because I have no more freebies to give her and in a situation where her behaviour could easily be overlooked by Robyn's stupidity, I'm just letting it be known that I don't consider Jac a victim in that situation at all. She was an equal sparring partner in the midst of everything. Her account after the fact about any concern for her well being might as well fall on deaf ears for me because it sounds like bullshit. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

You couldn't stop them from pulling you. Sled dogs are freaking intense. They HAVE to pull. They are not frou frou dogs that lounge by the fire. They were bred for this (and yes, as non-purebred as they looked, they were purpose-bred - for performance, not looks). The trick is to keep them from running until they collapse, they want to so badly. They'd be miserable inside.

We had a husky for years.  The happiest days for him  were when he got to pull kids around in the rare snow.  He would do it for hours & hated when the kids had to go inside & he didn't get to pull anymore.  The dog LIVED for it. 

Edited to add that many dog breeds bred for work like huskies & herding shepards, their coats are damn near waterproof.  Water/snow rolls right off of them. 

Edited by Steff
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Robyn had a bone to pick but that argument escalated because of how Jac reacted to her. Things got heated quick the moment that Jac called her one of Teresa's soldiers. In my books, when you make a comment to someone where you belittle their existence and suggest an inability to think, speak or act by their own accord, that is about as instigating as it gets. I'm not defending Robyn's behaviour at all but just because she may have had the intention of addressing an issue doesn't mean that she also had the intention of taking things that far without the comments that Jac made to her. She's still accountable for how she reacts to people,  her behaviour was disgusting and that was a given. I addressed Jac's behaviour because I have no more freebies to give her and in a situation where her behaviour could easily be overlooked by Robyn's stupidity, I'm just letting it be known that I don't consider Jac a victim in that situation at all. She was an equal sparring partner in the midst of everything. Her account after the fact about any concern for her well being might as well fall on deaf ears for me because it sounds like bullshit. 

Did she even call her a soldier there though? I thought Robyn's issue was that she had heard that Jac was calling her a soldier, to which Jac rightly said something like, "I'm sure you called me a lot of things before we actually met".  And seeing as literally everyone has called Jac psycho I'm quite sure it's true.  

And then Robyn calls for Teresa and the crazies crazy.  

Did she even call her a soldier there though? I thought Robyn's issue was that she had heard that Jac was calling her a soldier, to which Jac rightly said something like, "I'm sure you called me a lot of things before we actually met".  And seeing as literally everyone has called Jac psycho I'm quite sure it's true. 

Jac did say it.  The next thing Robin said was "You're saying I am Teresa's soldier" and Jac said "Well you kind of are though", while attempting to make a facial expression that on a regular person would be scrunched up phony-confused-skepticism, but on Jac just looked like a non-emotional stone face.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2016 at 3:45 PM, Watermelon said:

And then Robyn calls for Teresa and the crazies crazy.  

Yeah Jac did call her that and she is the one that brought that comment into the conversation. When Robyn was trying to give Siggy a compliment about knowing what a good friend she is and that she doesn't need to explain herself, Siggy says something like 'Jac is 1000x a better friend than me'. Robyn hesitated and said that Jac isn't direct and that she felt Jac prejudged her and took an opportunity to attack Robyn with those prejudgments. Robyn was speaking very generally and Jac said 'my initial thing with you is that you were playing the loyal soldier'. And that's when Robyn went off. She was addressing the situation in a perfectly civil manner before the insult was thrown to her face. If you have any good intention in a discussion with someone where you're trying to set the record straight, you aren't going to use language that is insulting and demeaning. Constantly referring to Teresa's friends as her soldiers...that shit needs to stop. Teresa is definitely has her issues but she's not a damn Hitler.

• Love 2

Watching this season again in 2021 and it's so obvious to me how much Jacqueline absolutely hates Theresa and is so jealous of her! Theresa has bent over backwards to be friends with Jac, who finally caved in because there was simply no reason not to and not be the villian to the tv audience.  She is so hurt by her spiraling downward life and her autistic child that she can't see straight.  There Theresa comes back from jail to still be the star, looking fabulously fit (while Jac's a little chunky) and who has a child the same age as Nickolas who has no mental challenges...  She just can't stand it.  (I know it must feel awful to watch her precious child struggle, it would be devastating actually) But Tre has bent over backwards trying to get back on the 'good friends' road they had been on years earlier.  If I was Theresa and Jac had asked me pointed questions about my legal issues ON CAMERA I would never have forgiven her---that's what started the whole fued.  It was all so planned with Carolyn knowing they'd be there and 'innocently' coming on the deck to join in.  I think Jacqueline is better friends with Kathy and Rosie and those 3 (maybe not Rosie) have been planning on running the show for several years now but keep getting thwarted by Theresa's storylines.  When Theresa stated she didn't want those 2 in her life (read: pushing in on the show, along with disgusting Richie) Jacqueline's face slowly turned into that stoney looking horse face she does.  She suddenly had to visit Kim D's shop to get dirt on Melissa and to show doubt if Theresa knew Mel's assistant was filming her accepting cash for her books.  Why would a good friend bring up a situation that might cast serious doubt on her friend and possibly cause legal trouble?! I'm sure Jac, Kathy and the ugliest wannabe housewife of any of the shows-- Richie-- have been furious at being kept off the show by Theresa and stopping their Bravo paychecks.  Watching tonights episode where Jac acts like a mad spoiled brat screaming at people and threatening to go home while Chris stays firmly on her side has been disgusting.  Go home you sad vendictive creep! I was enjoying the girls getting together at different times acting normal.  Even Siggy-- who I know shows her true colors next season! 

• Love 2

I have been rewatching as well and I am on season 7 too, although not yet the rage on my ass episode, and it is so clear how emotionally and mentally fragile Jacq is.  She had NO business being on the show again and it comes through in nearly every episode but I am convinced she came back because of the money.  She and Chris aren't explicit but say enough to make it clear there are some major financial struggles.  She seems pretty destroyed by what has happened with Nick (i think i read somewhere that the isolation and struggles moms feel after the autism diagnosis and onward is similar to a soldier suffering from PTSD and part of that has to do with the fact that while support for the children has improved, support for the parent community has lagged behind significantly - i heard this about 10 years ago so i hope things are better now), and I do think the fallout with Teresa was deeplu upsetting for Jacq, plus there was a bizarre jealousy factor at play.  But to be honest, in season 7 Jacq is just poking the bear.  She is talking on camera about Tre to anybody who would listen, she picks fights, imitates Tre on camera, then simpers about not knowing what to do or what's wrong then blows up.  It is highly irritating, I would have been like "WTF" too?  

And while I am at it, I don't think Chris helps.  We've talked about JoeGo and Richie are basically cavemen, but I think Chris is too, he is just quieter in his chauvinist views and not gross.  But he makes these little comments along the way that make me want to reach through the tv and slap him. 

• Love 3