Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The First Day

• Start Topic

Hours after the attack on the Capitol, President Kirkman steps into his role as Commander-in-Chief in the midst of chaos and confusion. Facing dangerous new challenges and adversaries, Kirman struggles to hold a country together that is on the brink of falling apart.

34 minutes ago, paigow said:

Has anyone ever scored 75% on an exam that regularly equated to a "C"?  What college is that easy? Isn't 60% - 69% the C range????

That range 60-69% has always been a D range when I was in school/college. So yeah, 75% was a C in the "olden" days (30 years ago).

• Love 17

The evening anchors/reporters would probably be dead. Depends who was sent to cover the speech.

The President's job doesn't come with a training manual. So far, he's stepped up. Made some mistakes, but has human dignity, at least for now. Visiting the bomb site, chatting with the first responders, making the call to chat with the family of the person who was killed. The assistant simply could have presented his White House staff/swipe card to the police - the vigil would bring folks of all shapes, sizes, cultural and ethic backgrounds.

• Love 8

Can I just say this is my new favourite show? What a spectacle this is.

(I hope I'm not going to get burned for saying that)

There was...a lot happening. There was President Kirkman doing his best to deal with things in a normal way but...nothing is normal. Yes, quite a few of the things seemed a little far-fetched (the guy with the gun at Kirkman's first visit to the Capitol), but I think it overall captured the chaos of Day One and the "new reality" quite well.

I'll also say Kiefer Sutherland again knocked it out of the park with the balance of "fish out of the water" and "assertive badass" in Kirkman's character. I'm also liking that Kirkman's a calculating guy and refused to name Al-Sakar (a fictitious branch of Al-Qaeda) as the perpetrator, standing up to his trigger-happy General. I also felt for Hannah Wells when Deputy Director Atwood omitted her theory in his briefing to Kirkman, even though his reasoning was solid.

What I think I will dwell on here is Kimble Hookstraten and what I hope her role will be on the show. It was apparent to me right away that the producers wanted "a rival" and someone who is Kirkman's opposite, and that is a polished, ruthless politician, and Virgina Madsen parlayed that well. I've got no problem with Hookstraten being Kirkman's rival, but I am hoping, beyond hope, that it becomes the kind of relationship that eventually develops into one where they both each other's counterweight. Perhaps it's a bit of wish fulfillment, but at least I'd like to see on TV that two political rivals, while having extreme differences, can still work together. It's a lesson far too many of today's real politicians desperately need to learn.

Not to say that Kirkman and Hookstraten being adversaries couldn't work...it could, but it's a bit of a cliche to go to that well and I kind of doubt that ABC would do something really crazy with their star's character, at least this early, so it's a bit of false drama.

Oh...and while we're at it...no love triangle. That's just hokey.

Lastly, I'm liking that Kirkman and Seth Wright seem to be starting some kind of "father-son" kind of bond, and while I think racial profiling is a bit of a tired storyline when it comes to Wright, it was appropriate, given the circumstances and I'm glad that the show wants to give support characters like Wright their own storylines this early in the show.

Episode Grade: A+. What can I say other than, "it worked?" I'm hooked. 

• Love 23

I was yelling 'Federalize the National Guard' for a good 30 minutes. And can they please stop showing the detailed ruins of the Capitol? That is hitting a little too hard and is a little too scary.

I did like the background staffers in the White House mourning, talking about having missed the speech and even who they report to now.

Why aren't the Deputy Cabinet members already in place as the Acting Cabinet? They should have already been vetted as potential replacements when they were named Deputy. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, paigow said:

Must be something his agent builds into each contract......

LOL!. He was the incompetent Mayor in Jericho. Now he's the incompetent Governor in this show. It seems outlandish that the Governor would authorize the police in Michigan to beat up random Muslims. Wouldn't there be some evidence that a terror cell existed in Michigan before the police were set loose?

It was nice to see Virginia Madsen as the only surviving member of Congress. Are we to assume that the GOP controls the House? If so, I guess she would be the Speaker?

The teenage son, Leo is a loser. He couldn't stay with his sister for a few hours? He reminds me of Chris , in Fear the Walking Dead.

The show is filmed in Toronto. I noticed that when the motorcade was driving up to see the Capitol, it was actually University Avenue. They photo shopped the US Capitol onto the Ontario legislature building.

President Kirkman codename is Glasses. That makes sense.

I am a bit concerned about the Muslim profiling. It seems like a cliche that violence would break out against all muslims. It's also weird that no one took responsibility for the bombing.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

Not to say that Kirkman and Hookstraten being adversaries couldn't work...it could, but it's a bit of a cliche to go to that well and I kind of doubt that ABC would do something really crazy with their star's character, at least this early, so it's a bit of false drama.

Oh...and while we're at it...no love triangle. That's just hokey.

Actually I'm kinda hoping Kirkman offers her the Vice-President job. At least then we'd have a start on rebuilding the system and it'd help in reassuring people.

The General is one step away from trying to pull a coup imho.

As for how he handled the dick Governor.......well played Mr. President. You just learned a skill that'll help immensely in the coming days. Bluffing is a big part of the job (unfortunately)

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 11

It's only been a day since the attack/explosion, so showing the remains of the Capitol would be part of the story.

I liked 'Jericho'. It really could have used another 13 episodes to close the story.

People living in a climate of fear/terrorism would do extreme things. No real reason to attack random Muslims. Or anyone.  No one has claimed responsibility.

8 minutes ago, oakville said:

As Secretary of HUD he was. He's Phoenix now.

17 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Why aren't the Deputy Cabinet members already in place as the Acting Cabinet? They should have already been vetted as potential replacements when they were named Deputy. 

Those are the obvious choices of course, but then we wouldn't have the co-Chiefs of Staff butting heads about it. 

1 minute ago, madhacker said:

Actually I'm kinda hoping Kirkman offers her the Vice-President job. As then we'd have a start on rebuilding the system.

That's exactly what I thought too.

• Love 3

WOW.

Seeing the Capital in ruins was just so powerful.   Now the search is on for the missing.   

Kirkman does not need all the backbiting.   They can play their power games later.   But, hey, it's Washington, turf wars are a way of life.

• Love 1

So I know there's a lot of uncertainty/anxiety/fear/etc. seeing as the government is starting over from scratch, but I think the resentment towards President Kirkman needs to be taken down several notches.

Seeing as how the governor violated nearly every civil right granted to an American citizen, couldn't someone take some sort of legal action against him? I know there's a separation between state and federal laws, but President Kirkman was right when he pointed out that those people are American citizens and they do have rights.

I know the congresswoman will be the President's adversary, but I would still like them to have some sort of relationship where she can be his rival, yet still have his back.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, oakville said:

It was Glasses. Now it's Phoenix (out of the ashes), which I guess is the Secret Service being hip.

All those White House staffers standing around and they can't find one to sit with the little girl?  Didn't they have a nanny for her in the last episode?

White, black, brown or purple, it's probably not a good idea to go walking around D.C. with a backpack right now.

Rather than all the analysis of the bomb mechanism, I wish they'd spend some time on how those bombs were actually placed in the Capitol.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
It's the Secret Service not the FBI. Sorry.
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, madhacker said:

Actually I'm kinda hoping Kirkman offers her the Vice-President job. At least then we'd have a start on rebuilding the system and it'd help in reassuring people.

The General is one step away from trying to pull a coup imho.

As for how he handled the dick Governor.......well played Mr. President. You just learned a skill that'll help immensely in the coming days. Bluffing is a big part of the job (unfortunately)

I'd like if he offered her VP as well. But since congress has to approve the appointed VP, and she's the only member of congress, how would that work? Even if it was someone else, could they call a session of congress with one member voting?

Just now, Quilt Fairy said:

Rather than all the analysis of the bomb mechanism, I wish they'd spend some time on how those bombs were actually placed in the Capitol.

Yes, that is almost a more important question. How they hell was security breached that badly, and how do they know anything else is safe?

Airport security and preventing future attacks was talked about all the time after 911. I'm surprised we haven't heard any talk about security yet. 

• Love 2

I love this show and am "all in", but have to add two major irks for me:  Keifer Sutherland is the WORST mumbler ever.  He hardly moves his mouth.  Same was true when he was Jack Bauer.  It must drive directors and sound editors nuts. I don't think the low-speaking gives him gravitas -- I think it is irritating and sometimes really laughable -- it's just so bad.

And second, the teen son Is beyond annoying to me in attitude and appearance.

But I do think the Designated Survivor is a fascinating concept to follow and I'll make this my Wednesday TV as best I can.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

It was Glasses. Now it's Phoenix (out of the ashes), which I guess is the FBI being hip.

I bet MacGyver explained it to them!

Maggie Q doesn't seem to do much, other than wander around looking pensive.

I'd have called Ft. Bragg and had Michael Gaston standing at attention in the Oval Office in quick time.

• Love 4

Ok the guy with the phone at the rubble was a total dumbass. You're at the site of the biggest attack in US history, the brand new President is right there and he became the President because the previous one was murdered. By all means, run toward him with your hand in your jacket pocket. It's not like the Secret Sevice would freak out or anything. Dumbass. 

Im not wild about the regular images of the Capitol but for a different reason. The Capitol CGI is so bad that I just get annoyed at how the building's skeleton looks to only a few feet taller than the first responders.  

I did enjoy the episode. I like Madsen's character and she could make things interesting. I expect her to become the Speaker once the new House members are elected. 

I do agree that the various deputies would already be in place (including Aaron since he's Deputy Chief of Staff) to keep some sense of order. Still it's been a day so I'll grant some leeway. 

Human memory is notoriously unreliable but I remember Bin Laden taking credit immediately rather than months later. Maybe they meant his claim was proven months later? And I also remember seeing news reports of anger toward Muslims almost immediately so that unfortunately rang true for me. 

I'm looking forward to how Hannah is able to support her theory. Her PsyOps background will only get her so far so she needs something concrete. Maybe the remains of one of the other bombs? We'll see. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, paigow said:

Has anyone ever scored 75% on an exam that regularly equated to a "C"?  What college is that easy? Isn't 60% - 69% the C range????

I recall from high school the range was

100 - 95 A

94 - 87 B

86 - 76 C

75 - 70 D

69 - 0   F

• Love 1
1 minute ago, madhacker said:

what's creeping me out is the thought that this was a domestic attack.  In other words this was planned by our own people....isn't that a pleasant thought?

Al-Sakarr is not "Chekhov's terrorists"...Betrayal plays better than ideology / theology tropes.... 

On 9/22/2016 at 2:01 AM, Silver Raven said:

Was that Elizabeth Vargas doing the interview of the President in tonight's preview?

On 9/22/2016 at 5:34 PM, Zanzibar said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure that was Elizabeth.

Yes, that is Elizabeth Vargas, and I'm already rolling my eyes. Because one, she's not the type of journalist that would ask such a snarky question. Yes, I said snarky. And maybe I'm jaded, and today's "journalists" may snark at the current president on their shows, but I've never seen them say anything like that to his face. Or maybe it's just the current election cycle fatigue. I dunno.

Michael Gaston has played a good guy twice. Once on Law & Order, where he was an Army officer and his wife was a drug mule and in the third season of NCIS, where his teen age son was blackmailed/threatened into holding his class hostage via bomb.

Man, seeing Seth stopped by the cops just gave me the weirdest sense of deja vu, because I remember after 9/11, I put in blonde highlights so that I wouldn't look as East Indian, which I am. Because as far as everyone who was, sorry to say, White, we all looked the same. And I worked across the street from the White House, so security was extremely tight and everyone was questioned, and only people of color, were stopped. But yeah, Seth, not a good idea lugging a backpack. Tonight just brought back so many bad memories for me.

I also don't like the site of where the Capitol building was. Actually, I was surprised to see the dome still standing, since it seemed the whole thing blew up to Kingdom Come.

I realize it's a television show, and draaaama, but damn it, it irks me that in shows like this, or hell, even when it's a cop procedural, that the cops/feds/whoever, just want to latch onto the what seems to be the likely culprit/murderer and not do a thorough investigation, to make sure they've got the right group/person or persons.

I really, really wanted to see Gaston's Governor being locked in chains or subdued. Something. Because despite that Kirkman was number 11, he is the President now, and even if he didn't like Kirkman, he should have damned well had respect for the OFFICE of PRESIDENT, which he clearly didn't, as evidenced by the way he hung up on him, refused to talk to him, ignored his calls. So good going Kirkman, for that bluff, which I knew that's what it was.

Leo is a sorry piece of shit. I'm hoping we'll see Mom find his money and drugs next week. 

Oh yeah. I'm so in. Yay! A new show for me to watch.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

Calling it now. The survivor they found under the rubble is a higher ranking Republican than the woman that Kirkman got along with, and will instead be an asshead.  He will also be Agent Maggie Q's romantic partner, although I wonder if it's an affair and he also has a wife.

Older First Kid is already exhausting.

Faux-Terrorist groups are SO lame as antagonists. If they didn't want to say Al-Quada or ISIS I'm sure there are lower profile but still real groups they could have used.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Kromm said:

Calling it now. The survivor they found under the rubble is a higher ranking Republican than the woman that Kirkman got along with, and will instead be an asshead.

Further calling it - he's in on it, and wasn't actually in the blast.  About 7 episodes from now, Agent Nikita will find a picture of him standing around somewhere else at the time the bomb went off.  It was all just a coup, but I'm not yet sure if the Obvious General Who's In On It actually was.  That'd just be too obvious.  I think.

For a show I'm trying hard to like, they're not making it easy.  Why is Kirkman not living in a bunker somewhere?  I know they want shots of him looking lonely around the West Wing set but it makes no sense.  Is there any chance at all that the SS would let any sitting president anywhere near the still-smoking site of a terrorist attack?  To say nothing of one without a clear line of succession, and for what?  A pep talk? 

And why is Kirkman not on the phone 24-7 fielding calls from every head of state in the world, assuring them that America does indeed have a president?  And why did he not include a bit in his first address about not getting mad at your Muslim neighbors, that they're Americans too?  Bush did that right after 9-11 - it was one of the few times I was proud of him.

Everything seems too writer's room here.  Kal Penn is dark skinned so of course he's singled out for a tense encounter with beat cops.  The son is a teenager so of course he's neglecting his duties to look after his sister and being an asshole.  The kid who got beat to death is suddenly super important to the Pres because his wife tells him 'he's the same age as your asshole son'.  Agent Nikita's whole job seems to be hanging around the bomb site like a harbinger of suspicion, so no way she's gonna turn out to be absolutely right and end up being President Jack Bauer's personal Jack Bauer, right?

• Love 6
On 9/23/2016 at 8:58 AM, paigow said:

Wouldn't all the top TV / Newspaper White House reporters be dead? So isn't Kiefer's interview being done by a "B Team" journalist? 

Reporters -- top or not -- would have been watching in their studio, too.  They wouldn't have been at the Capitol.

• Love 3

I have to say it tweaks my suspicio-meter that a relatively minor role like the Governor got a really recognizable face like Michael Gaston. 

To me, it means the character is going to be back, even though well... the US has 50 governors.

• Love 2

Another solid ep, but MAN the kids are annoying. I sort of get what they're trying to do with the Family Drama Time, but it just brings the show to a screeching halt. 

Well, Michigan tried to become a sovereign nation with the governor apparently forgetting that even though the people running the country died, the Constitution is still there. We all know that Michigan sucks, right? GO BADGERS.

Ahem.

And why is Kirkman not on the phone 24-7 fielding calls from every head of state in the world, assuring them that America does indeed have a president? 

They explained this, didn't they. There were almost 200 calls to make. First, let's remake Congress. 

I call bull that EVERY member of Congress and the Supreme Court would be at the State of the Union. I bet the Supreme Court justices have zero fucks to give about the State of the Union.

• Love 3

I hope the show doesn't follow the obvious cliches:

The Republican woman survivor is a back stabbing, power grabbing b*****, because that's how they all are.

The true culprits are a group of US Army trained, Bible thumping, demolition experts with hillbilly accents.

The governors have forgotten about the state laws that provide for filling vacancies in the House and Senate.

Please, show, surprise me.

And BTW, the White House cleaning staff is so efficient that they removed the dead president's personal stuff from the family quarters within about 30 minutes after the blast.

• Love 12

"Previously on Twenty-Fo...um...Designated Survivor..." I wonder how many takes Kiefer had to make for that intro.

So far so good, for me. I'm trying to keep in mind that it's only been 1-2 days so everything is still in shambles as far as government staffers and such. If anyone was outside of WADC at the time of the bomb, the airports are likely still closed and they are not going to be immediately present. I'm liking the jockeying for positions like chief-of-staff already.

Glad to see Jericho's mayor found another government job. Agreed that Michael Gaston makes great knee-jerk reaction characters work.

The bit with the DC police and Seth was telegraphed a mile away but glad it was resolved quickly and they followed up at the end with him at the memorial. Everyone lost someone, indeed.

Glad to see President Kirkman is not quite the weak pushover that some seem to see him as, but is instead trying to keep a level head and demanding better information before moving towards retaliation. LOL at his reaction to the two legal advisors and their completely different advice about the MI governor. Sad to see that Wikipedia wasn't able to help him out with his presidential legal options either.

Funny about the comparison of the teenage Kirkman son to the Chris character on Fear The Walking Dead. Last week I thought it was the same actor the first time he was on screen.

This is the first new show this season that I can say is appointment TV for me already. I think they hit on an interesting premise here. Now only hoping it doesn't become soapy or, honestly, 24-ish OTT. A little bit who-done-it mixed with the mechanics of how to build back up the US government should be enough to keep them busy without hacksaws, failed perimeters and 5 minute cross city car chases.

• Love 4

First Kids are annoying but there was less of them this time. Win! Please keep it this way.

I loved Virginia Madsen. Her character was nothing but helpful, 100% Capitol Big Sis and so very decent that I couldn't trust her simply courtesy of what Emily says about her. Is she really a sensible person who steps up in time of need, or a shark waiting for the best moment to go for blood, or somewhere in the middle? I think that Tom a) being too open about his turmoil and b) showing her the badass under the glasses could be the basis of a relation based on mutual respect and appreciation, but can as well come to bite him in the ass. Did she goggle him simply because she considers him worthy of her interest and support, or because she realized he'd be harder to eject from office than she thought?

The bad guys (governor Gaston and General Schmuck) are quite one note so far, so it's nice to have a character who isn't that easy to figure out.

I dig the Seth/Tom budding friendship, his relationship with Mike, the embryo of a team with Seth, Aaron and Emily, and Aaron seems to stick for Kirkman, phew.  Loved Tom's reaction at the "Glasses".

Maggie Q and Kiefer were in the same scene! I hope she'll  be brought into the main fold soon. I want her to be Kirkman's Jack Bauer since I heard she was on the show.

The thing with terrorism, it comes with clichés. Even inversions are cliché because Hollywood works more often on inversions than on playing it straight imo, so it isn't a "twist" anymore. On the other hand, it isn't because something is a cliché that it doesn't happen IRL. Islamic terrorism is a reality. Racial profiling is a reality. It's extremely difficult to find a balance. In this episode, it was hit and miss with me. I think maybe they should stick to "show not tell" since imo the plot involving Seth was more balanced, emotionally grabbing and efficient.

I kind of hope the writers will use the actual rivalry between islamic groups or the current conflicts in the Middle-East instead of the usual domestic vs foreign terrorism opposition, but...it seems that as soon as you stray from clichés, things get quickly controversial and I'm not sure that's the aim of a show on ABC.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I hope the show doesn't follow the obvious cliches:

The Republican woman survivor is a back stabbing, power grabbing b*****, because that's how they all are.

If she IS a power grabbing b*****, it's at least clearly not an obvious one, because they clearly flipped the script a little here with making her sympathetic, coherent and not dumb here. Even the bit with her Googling Kirkman seemed to be about her being impressed with him, not her doing something sneaky.

That said, I suppose the opportunity for a sneaky a-hole opponent still exists. As I said, I already suspect Kirman's political opponent is being dug up now. Literally.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, henripootel said:

And why is Kirkman not on the phone 24-7 fielding calls from every head of state in the world, assuring them that America does indeed have a president?

It's fiction and there's no precedent for any of this, but I imagine there would also have to be 2-3 press conferences a day. Start naming ACTING officials -- cabinet members, a chief of staff, press secretary, etc. None of them have to be permanent. Kirkman seems to have more time to ponder and wander than I would have expected for someone with such an urgent to-do list. Get cracking, dude.

I don't give a shit if Kirkman hasn't been elected and has been prejudged as incompetent, that roomful of people arguing with each other and ignoring him strained credulity. These are supposed to be Washington insiders. Who rounded them all up, anyway?

I want to like this show. There's plenty of inherent drama in the situation without adding storylines and events that feel more like cheesy soap opera.

• Love 8

Well, Michigan tried to become a sovereign nation with the governor apparently forgetting that even though the people running the country died, the Constitution is still there. 

Considering the loss of the established Federal leadership, I wouldn't be surprised that at least some governors might decide this was the opportunity to assert independence and take steps to secede.  Those governors still have constituents they want to protect, not to mention other state specific interests and are within their authority to take what they think is necessary action.    I can see them losing any confidence even in the event a "Kirkland" was appointed.  

Edited by magicdog
6 hours ago, madhacker said:

I hope so too. I'm not sure if I trust her, so making her Veep is a good way to neutralize her. A Veep is only involved as much as the President wants him or her to be. It would give Tom the option of relying on her but also the ability to freeze her out if she proves to be trouble.

6 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Maggie Q doesn't seem to do much, other than wander around looking pensive.

I get that she's supposed to be our way into the investigation, but I find her scenes are really dragging. I just don't find her interesting enough yet to care and since I'm sure she's going to end up being right about everything, I don't even find the investigation interesting.

6 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

White, black, brown or purple, it's probably not a good idea to go walking around D.C. with a backpack right now.

There is no such thing as purple people. This is absolutely a problem the would affect people of Middle Eastern and South Asian decent more than anyone else. I think it was important for the show to remind us that in times of crisis, we can come together but far more often we let fear tear us apart. Seth is carrying a backpack because he's going to work. The way he was stopped went far beyond a basic security check of anyone carrying a bag. 

Overall, I thought this week was stronger than last. I did hate the music montage business at the end. I thought it killed the momentum that had been building all episode. 

• Love 7

Half of the Capitol dome is still intact along with the Senate wing, though both are in imminent danger of collapse, because joint sessions of Congress are held in the House wing, so that's where all of the bombs were. And, of course, the emotional impact of seeing such a recognizable national symbol halved and gutted is far greater than seeing just a pile of rubble. For me, it was more depressing seeing it at night, in shadows, letting my imagination picture the extent of the devastation.

Reminder: This is fiction, with a large helping of dramatic license. In reality, the DS is almost always a cabinet secretary or the VP. In a few instances, the DS has been an elected representative, even though not in the statutary order of succession. And along with providing for a DS, there are procedures in place for carrying on the nation's business. Everything would not devolve into chaos. That does not rule out the existence of opportunists in the wings, foreign and domestic, eager to seize power -- or merely to make a statement.

First Son is a little old not to grasp the magnitude of what's happened and his family's members' new responsibilities. But he is still young enough for a typical adolescent lapse in judgment. Besides, consider how many parents have left children alone in the tub or in the car for "just a minute".

Show of hands, how many were sure that the cop was going to roust Seth at the memorial instead of commiserating with him?

Phoenix desperately needs a chief of staff. Choose very wisely, Mr. President. You do not want a gatekeeper telling you only what you want to hear -- or only what he or she wants you to know. I vote for Seth. Everyone is doing jobs they'e never done before.

• Love 3

They explained this, didn't they. There were almost 200 calls to make. First, let's remake Congress. 

Noooo, they mentioned this.  Then they showed Kirkman telling others to get on it building him a cabinet and whatnot while he mooned about.  Shit, if I learned anything about tv presidents from West Wing, it's that Jed Bartlett rarely got a moment in a world that was running pretty smoothly filled with excellent staffers.  Kirkman should hardly have a moments peace instead of his fairly open schedule.

First Son is a little old not to grasp the magnitude of what's happened and his family's members' new responsibilities.

Heck, just the change of venue to the West Wing should have made him change his tone, but instead he seems to be all 'great, time to resume my low-life scumbaggery'.  I may be reading too much ahead, but this seems to be where they're taking him.  I'm betting he ends up sneaking off campus at some point and ends up held for ransom.  I think 8 seasons of 24 have shaped my expectations.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 2