Type keyword(s) to search

Kevin Can Wait - General Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, floridamom said:

I watched an old KOQ episode yesterday. Lean Remini's makeup was more natural and her lip/ 's' pronunciation was normal. Why did she tinker with that? It's annoying to see and hear during a TV show. I know it's a small thing to many of you, but it irks me.

It bothers me too. The lip plumping thing is the worse procedure ever invented IMO.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, floridamom said:

I watched an old KOQ episode yesterday. Lean Remini's makeup was more natural and her lip/ 's' pronunciation was normal. Why did she tinker with that? It's annoying to see and hear during a TV show. I know it's a small thing to many of you, but it irks me.

It bothers me too!!  She was beautiful in KoQ!  She wore a lot of makeup then, but it wasn't so extreme and her nails were normal then too.  These days, she has too much filler, too much makeup and too much with the pointy nails!

• Love 7
On 25/11/2017 at 2:33 PM, rcc said:

The lip plumping thing is the worse procedure ever invented IMO.

Can someone tell me why young women do this?  I saw Fergie on Miss Universe last night & she's had her lip done, too.

Kevin goes undercover on tonight's episode.  Hope I can get 2 laughs.

• Love 1

Sadly, no laughs tonight.  Neither story line was good.  It seems the new "running gag" is Kevin's inability to focus. 

That's actually the problem with the whole series: the writers' inability to focus.  They need to figure out who the characters are so that they can write stories that fit their personalities.  Right now, the characters are different people each week.  Are Kevin's friends part of the security firm or aren't they?  Is Kevin a devoted father or are his kids being raised by Kendra and Chale?  Are Kevin and Leah (I don't even know her character's name!) meant to be romantic partners sometime down the road or are they just going to remain friends? 

All this show is accomplishing is getting us all to watch re-runs of KOQ.  I know most of us DVR these days, but I still think a cable network should counter-program with KOQ re-runs opposite KCW.  KOQ might just draw the bigger audience.

• Love 5

This show is becoming TWO bad shows...the one at the security company and the ill-fitting 'home' segments with Chale, the daughter and the son. I don't even know their names and I've watched this show from the beginning. Why was the 'home' segments even necessary? They were out of place and those characters are interacting with the others less and less. No continuity, choppy episode, no direction for this show. Good points being made above here.

• Love 7
On 11/27/2017 at 10:29 PM, SterlingSilver36 said:

Are Kevin and Leah (I don't even know her character's name!) meant to be romantic partners sometime down the road or are they just going to remain friends? 

IMO it seems fairly obvious this is the goal...why else get rid of the wife? 

And WTF was that with Kyle and the meatball van? I get that it was supposed to be funny, but it just came across as really weird.

• Love 3

Their storylines are chopped up..like I posted earlier, the 'home scenes' with the rest of the family don't connect at all to the 'work' ones and vice versa...that meatball movie van was also not related to anything that I noticed. I also don't understand how Kevin's brother obtained the confession of the auto dealership owner. Was he in on it too? Don't even remember. Those writers need to step back and do better.

• Love 3

I actually liked last season better. I'm struggling with this season, even though I like Leah Remini. Something is missing but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Not sure I'll be finishing out the year. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I'm struggling with this season, even though I like Leah Remini. Something is missing but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Not sure I'll be finishing out the year. 

I like Leah, too, but I wish she had left her face alone.  Very distracting & her smile is really unattractive.  I think the something missing is GOOD WRITING!  Maybe 1 or 2 laughs every 5 episodes - not enough for a sitcom.

• Love 10

me and the hubby liked the show the first season, when we heard that Leah was coming on full time, we were actually happy.  We LOVE KoQ's. and I act a bit like Carrie Heffernan.  I can't stand this season,, I keep saying under my breath "they shouldn't have killed the wife, both gals could have been on here"  Chale has to be one of the most annoying characters EVER.  This show needs to go, my husband on the other hand can't wait to watch it in syndication.  (not gonna happen)

• Love 3

Why did we have to watch the 'restaurant scenes" with the OTHER members of the cast? It had nothing to do with the rest of the episode. Once again, a chopped up sitcom.

More and more Kevin is playing a character who's like himself AND Doug Heffernan and Leah is a character more and more like Carrie Heffernan. This show will not work because they're trying to interject characters from another show and make them in to 'new' ones on this show. No private investigator that I have seen in real life can work wearing 5 inch stiletto high heels, like Ms. Vanessa. Her nails are awfully pointy like the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz..she needs to not look so 'artificial' on camera. Heavily made up, clothing that doesn't fit her and looks uncomfortable, those nails, all 'hair' and shoes she can't walk in. Sorry to be so critical, but it gets me every episode. 

• Love 7
On 12/12/2017 at 3:47 PM, floridamom said:

Why did we have to watch the 'restaurant scenes" with the OTHER members of the cast? It had nothing to do with the rest of the episode. Once again, a chopped up sitcom.

Why, indeed.  I can never make it through an entire episode of this show but I flip over to it a couple of times and whenever I do, it is always a scene taking place at the bar with Chale, the daughter and Kevin James' brother.  WTF? 

• Love 2

I think soon they're going to begin an episode with Kevin waking up from a good night's sleep....having dreamed "Kevin Can Wait" and he'll be Doug Heffernan again living on Long Island with Carrie and some kids...just like the 'Dallas Dream" season.

• Love 7
On 11/28/2017 at 3:08 PM, rcc said:

I just can't with Chale. I usually like English actors but either it's the actor or the character or both. He ruins this unfunny show even more than the others.

Chale is actually my favorite character on the show now. I enjoy the scenes at the restaurant and home much more than the scenes at the security company. Which is sad, because initially I loved the idea of the security company and the idea of bringing on Rutger as an employee. 

"Plus One is the Loneliest Number" was the best episode so far this season, and showed real promise that the series was heading in the right direction. Unfortunately, the writing just hasn't been there since that episode. I'm very close to removing this from my DVR.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 4
On 12/17/2017 at 7:47 AM, Cementhead said:

IMO it doesn't even really make sense...Kevin was riding Chale all of last year about living in the garage and not contributing financially. But NOW he gets a job at Enzo's? If he were so inclined, surely he could have done that before? Huh.

I think soon they're going to begin an episode with Kevin waking up from a good night's sleep....having dreamed "Kevin Can Wait" and he'll be Doug Heffernan again living on Long Island with Carrie and some kids...just like the 'Dallas Dream" season.

Ha, or Bob Newhart...

• Love 3

The ep that aired tonight was painful to watch.  Just painful.  There is absolutely NO chemistry between any of the cast members!  I feel like I'm watching a first time rehearsal of a jr high school play.  Chale and the daughter are given a trip to Italy and they act like they just opened a chia pet present.  Vanessa is the one that got Kevin and Donna together, but Kevin totally forgot?! Come on!  I don't get the point of the brother being in EVERY episode.  Between the brother and Kevin acting like two bumbling idiots, how did either one of them get on the NYFD/NYPD?  I'm done - this is officially off my DVR.  I'll stick with Leah and her $cientology show.  Kevin...he had a good run with KoQ.  He should just walk away from this mess.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chas411 said:

The baffling thing is that it's still getting for good ratings and most likely will be back next season.

I've been reading FB comments, & people seem to think it's hilarious.  I have had maybe 2 laughs in 2 seasons, but then I have a sense of humor.

• Love 2

Last night was bad. It really seemed kind of mean to me how it played out. Vanessa went to talk to wife, who they fired and did not even try to get her back for some flashbacks because they let her go  in such an unprofessional way.

How was King of Queens a great and funny show?  There are no cohesive stories. Has kevin lost his charm and comedic abilities. I was just irritated last night. I wish there were better shows on Monday.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, applecrisp said:

Has kevin lost his charm and comedic abilities.

I feel that sometimes doofus charm does not wear well when you get older.  It's just annoying on anyone over 40.  I found that when Bill Murray got older, I couldn't stand him, yet I thought his smart ass comedy was hilarious back in the day.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

I feel that sometimes doofus charm does not wear well when you get older.  It's just annoying on anyone over 40.  I found that when Bill Murray got older, I couldn't stand him, yet I thought his smart ass comedy was hilarious back in the day.

Or maybe it doesn't wear well when WE get older! LOL

• Love 11

At this point i think he is trying too hard. When KoQ ended, he couln't wait to get out, it seemed. The finale was very haphazard and rushed.  How do you get the chemistry back?  

Agree with many who just think they should have rebooted KoQ ten years later.

• Love 6

I still don't know what the doughnuts had to do with anything.

This episode was totally boring for me. The flashback was not good IMO either. BTW, no law enforcement officer goes on shift with their hair handing down loose. Not safe a perpetrator could grab on to it and pull all to easily. The nails were also not real for a LEO. If Vanessa was so important to Kevin; being his partner, helping him meet his eventual wife, why did we NEVER hear about her. Just trying to push Leah Remini in to the show. Like a square peg in a round hole. Just doesn't work for me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

This episode was totally boring for me. The flashback was not good IMO either. BTW, no law enforcement officer goes on shift with their hair handing down loose. Not safe a perpetrator could grab on to it and pull all to easily. The nails were also not real for a LEO. If Vanessa was so important to Kevin; being his partner, helping him meet his eventual wife, why did we NEVER hear about her. Just trying to push Leah Remini in to the show. Like a square peg in a round hole. Just doesn't work for me.

I agree with most of this post.  Although the long hair down would not be worn, it was necessary to make her look younger, so I'll let that pass.  But, that's not important.  What is important, was that night she did something really nice for him, saw that he wasn't a jerk, and yet the first time we see her on the show, they hate each other's guts.  What would have been better (and maybe we'll get one) is a flashback as to why they liked each other and then had some kind of falling out.  

56 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

Did anyone else expect that Kevin actually had a gift for his brother?

It kinda bothers me when someone is always treated bad on a show, like Kyle.  Not funny and just mean. I also cried every year when Rudolf coudn't play in the reindeer games.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HyeChaps said:

Did anyone else expect that Kevin actually had a gift for his brother?

I sort of did! And because of the big Italy trip reveal thought it could be something big in the driveway as the brother opened the door to go out. My husband and I both wondered where Kevin got the money for the honeymoon trip.

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Yeah, a box of donuts - not really the same as Vanessa doing donuts in the parking lot the night they met. But that was apparently what Kevin was supposed to remember from being handed the box! That was a stretch.

3 hours ago, Katy M said:

I agree with most of this post.  Although the long hair down would not be worn, it was necessary to make her look younger, so I'll let that pass.  But, that's not important.  What is important, was that night she did something really nice for him, saw that he wasn't a jerk, and yet the first time we see her on the show, they hate each other's guts.  What would have been better (and maybe we'll get one) is a flashback as to why they liked each other and then had some kind of falling out.  

I don't think it would have to be any one specific instance - just repeated exposure to Kevin would be enough to irritate the heck out of someone.

My husband and I watched the show last year and were a little meh on it. I hated the idea that they had killed off the wife, but to be honest I've had more laughs this year. You just have to forget season one and take this for what it is. The quips and comebacks are funnier in general, so it's an enjoyable enough way to spend a half hour.

Edited by Meraji
  • Love 2

My 16yo son walked past the TV last night when me and the hubby were painfully watching.  He looked and said "I didn't know they were cops"  (he was referring to KofQ) I told him that its new show.  He said "why"  I said "exactly"

This show needs to go.  My hate for it starting to spill over to KofQ which I must fall asleep to every night.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Katy M said:

What would have been better (and maybe we'll get one) is a flashback as to why they liked each other and then had some kind of falling out.  

I'm not sure there's any reason for any of the happenings on this show.  The writers are all over the place.  I don't look at the credits.  I wonder who they are.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, floridamom said:

Sounds good to me!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Meraji said:

Yeah, a box of donuts - not really the same as Vanessa doing donuts in the parking lot the night they met. But that was apparently what Kevin was supposed to remember from being handed the box! That was a stretch.

Thank you, that was killing me. I thought that maybe the show cut off too early or something.

I'm still enjoying the show, I feel like it has more purpose now than the first season, which I only watched one episode of and found kind of bland.

• Love 1
On 12/20/2017 at 6:10 AM, floridamom said:

leah looked horrible in her cop uniform. i kept looking at her hair and wondering if she was wearing a hat with sides. what the hell was up with the helmet head. ditto on the nails. but i guess they couldn't have her remove them. maybe make it cool out and wear gloves. what am i saying.  it would make sense. 

20 hours ago, applecrisp said:

It kinda bothers me when someone is always treated bad on a show, like Kyle.  Not funny and just mean. I also cried every year when Rudolf coudn't play in the reindeer games.

after you grow up and re-watch the animated rudolph movie.  you will see that santa is a dick , rudolph was bullied by his peers and his dad. it is a horrible story. what a message.  born with a physical difference and become an outcast. but if you are useful for some special occurrence, you are then ok! i hate that show and no child should watch it.

• Love 5
On 12/21/2017 at 7:03 AM, msrachelj said:

after you grow up and re-watch the animated rudolph movie.  you will see that santa is a dick , rudolph was bullied by his peers and his dad. it is a horrible story. what a message.  born with a physical difference and become an outcast. but if you are useful for some special occurrence, you are then ok! i hate that show and no child should watch it.

I couldn't agree more! 

• Love 2

I ditched this show this year after 2 episodes. I came back to try again because the show description sounded like it might be funny. I was wrong. I also thought they would bring the wife back at the end of the flashback. I was wrong again. Honestly I can't remember either the character's name or the name of the actress, but it would have been nice.

On 12/25/2017 at 8:35 AM, Tanichka said:

I wish people would stop mentioning the wife. She’s not coming back & we don’t want her back. Hope Santa brought some new writers!

Amen.  I thought I remembered last season excessive complaining about the wife's flat acting, lack of chemistry, dull personality, etc, etc so I looked back at the first 3 or so pages of this thread and indeed criticism after criticism - some even along the line of 'she's no Leah', 'should have brought on Leah'!  So they do and what do some people do?  Aghhh why'd they kill the wife?  why bring on Leah?  what were they thinking? ....  It's almost funny in its irony. 

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 4

Finally got around to watching the Christmas episode...

For once, I really liked Chale - he showed a lot more class than Kendra. I don't care if it's her dad or a stranger on the street; you do NOT get to throw a hissy fit at age twenty-whatever because you don't think you got a good enough gift. Last time I checked, Kevin is already giving them a HUGE gift in getting to save money on rent (and likely groceries, utilities, etc.) He literally does not owe them any of that, much less a huge extravagant gift on holidays on top of it. 

Re: Kendra's age - They specifically mentioned that Kevin and Vanessa had met 23 years ago. Kevin had only just met Donna at that time, no real relationship. But Kendra is in law school for the past year, meaning she is at LEAST 23 now, if not older. Unless Donna was pregnant with someone else's kid at the time, the timeline absolutely does not fit. This annoys me, not so much because it matters in the big picture, but because it's such an easy thing to give a more fitting number.

Re: Kyle - Again, as with many other similar situations in sitcoms, I had the distinct impression the writers thought this "storyline" was humorous, but I was literally cringing as I watched. A grown man, throwing a hissy fit over not getting a Christmas gift, especially when he had just SAID he didn't want to exchange gifts? This is something that annoys me in real life too. Dude, you are a grown man. If you want something, say so. Don't tell people one thing and then get mad that they didn't magically guess what you actually wanted to do.

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, SnarkySheep said:

For once, I really liked Chale - he showed a lot more class than Kendra. I don't care if it's her dad or a stranger on the street; you do NOT get to throw a hissy fit at age twenty-whatever because you don't think you got a good enough gift. Last time I checked, Kevin is already giving them a HUGE gift in getting to save money on rent (and likely groceries, utilities, etc.) He literally does not owe them any of that, much less a huge extravagant gift on holidays on top of it. 

I actually always like Chale.  And, I get your point, but I don't think Kendra was throwing a hissy fit because the gift wasn't good enough, per se.  She wanted Chale to be treated like every other member of the family and she thought her father was leaving him out.  So, it wasn't really about the gift.

• Love 5

Leah Remini has ruined this show.  Sorry to any fans but she adds nothing and I preferred the show with Erinn Hayes despite all her flaws.  I also couldn't stand King of Queens.  Oh well.  I liked having Kevin James on a show I could actually enjoy but this is no longer such a show.  I still like Kevin's physical comedy and like Bas Rutten as well as Chael and Kendra most of the time but I feel like I watch out of obligation now.

Get rid of Leah and the show will improve. The show doesn't need a permanent female lead at all.

Edited by Unclejosh
  • Love 3

I think the show was ruined before Leah came on the scene.  I liked KofQ - the writing seemed a lot better.  I don't think they know what to do with this show.  I don't care for his family either.

• Love 5
On 12/17/2017 at 2:43 PM, floridamom said:

I like your example as like Bob Newhart and the last episode of Newhart (when he was in New England and ran an inn) woke up and was on the set of Bob Newhart with Emily.  That was awesome.

• Love 1
On 1/10/2018 at 3:15 PM, jumper sage said:

I like your example as like Bob Newhart and the last episode of Newhart (when he was in New England and ran an inn) woke up and was on the set of Bob Newhart with Emily.  That was awesome.

Except Bob Newhart's shows were awesome, and this show is shit. 

• Love 2