Type keyword(s) to search

Four Weddings - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/17/2019 at 11:45 PM, answerphone said:

I've also been binge watching, like I didn't have better things to do.

And I always wonder who's still married!!🤞

Since they usually announce Mr and Mrs Joe Jones at the reception and we know the general locality, I bet if you google the names and 4 weddings you could find out because if they are divorced probably someone somewhere has posted something about it.  I would like to see a reunion show of some of them.

• Love 1

This afternoon they aired the classic...…...and a Giraffe!!  BLAN Bride in all her glory.  I'd forgotten how low she rated the other weddings overall, then all of her complaining about everything.

Then the comment after what seemed to be a pleasant wedding, acting so superior and spelling out the word.  If she hadn't spelled out the word, she'd be just one of several memorable bitches that were on the show.  Hee hee.  Karma, I see you and I like your work.

Most of the time, the nastiest bride does not win.  (The Harvard bride won, but she was more o a low key bitch than some).  

The bride that won in this episode seemed so genuinely nice and Blan bride even got on her last nerve (she said Blan was very opinionated, trying to be diplomatic). 

I delayed running errands, but it was worth it to watch this again.

Now I just have to see the cold pizza and warm soda wedding.  I've always missed seeing the entire episode.

I saw an episode yesterday(?) where one bride spent a lot of money.  They were in the Philly/NY area.  One had no wedding party, one was kind of a DIY (they started clearing tables before the guests left), the other one was by a bride who had never been to a wedding (no one in her family got married).  I didn't see who won, but some dissed the more expensive wedding, which looked beautiful and tasteful.  Made me long for the wedding shows with the extravagant weddings, and the ones who had real wedding planners, showing the entire process.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Now I just have to see the cold pizza and warm soda wedding.  I've always missed seeing the entire episode.

I think there are at least two weddings like this.  The one I recall was a hippy-dippy beach wedding where everyone sat on blankets.  Instead of spending money on decent food, the bride spent her budget on renting a carousel that no one but the guest brides rode.

Somewhat related to that--  there is another episode where a bride with a $15k budget brags that a third of her budget went for the cake.   No one seemed to think the cake was all that great and they felt that she should have put most of that money toward the food.

13 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

This afternoon they aired the classic...…...and a Giraffe!!  BLAN Bride in all her glory.  I'd forgotten how low she rated the other weddings overall, then all of her complaining about everything.

I saw an episode yesterday(?) where one bride spent a lot of money.  They were in the Philly/NY area.  One had no wedding party, one was kind of a DIY (they started clearing tables before the guests left), the other one was by a bride who had never been to a wedding (no one in her family got married).  I didn't see who won, but some dissed the more expensive wedding, which looked beautiful and tasteful.  Made me long for the wedding shows with the extravagant weddings, and the ones who had real wedding planners, showing the entire process.  

Yes, I finally saw the "blan" bride.  I may have seen it in the past, but I would think I would recall it.  

It was the second of the two shows yesterday; I was recording it but the dvr cut off for some reason before the end so I missed seeing who won, but I was pretty sure it would be someone else.

I wish I had paid a little more attention to the first one.  There was a 19 y/o bride; I think the weather messed up her outdoor wedding so the guest brides were a bit grumpy about the ceremony being held in the reception space.  She was annoyingly critical but I think that was at least in part due to her age; I also had the impression she hadn't been to many weddings.  I think the winner was the one with the long blonde thin hair (not the  blonde one who was first in the family to wed which I found rather odd),  I think 2nd place went to another blonde who had a lovely church wedding, but unfortunately her theme had to do with romantic city wedding and stupid 19 y/o dissed her because the church wedding was not romantic.  I wanted to slap the child.

I finally saw the infamous BLAN bride! I've been hearing about her for years but haven't ever seen the full episode. I guess I should have known we were in for trouble when she asked people to wear "Victorian". I'm not totally opposed to costume party weddings, but did she really expect her guests to come in bustles, leg-o-mutton sleeves and hoop skirts? I guess all her family and friends were used to ignoring her shenanigans because I didn't see one thing that looked Victorian on any of the background peeps.

I love the cold pizza and warm pop wedding because everything I heard about it in the planning stages (musical theatre-themed, simple food and dress, cool old venue) seemed like my dream wedding and then...reality. The other brides also impressed me by being really diplomatic about it. If Blan bride had been one of the guests they'd probably still be picking bits of brain out of the ceiling. 

• Love 1

so the last big storm messed with our dish and, of course, the channels that I suddenly couldn't get included TLC so I am behind in my trash watching.   This show is fairly high-brow compared to the other stuff on this network, but I digress.   Anyway, they are showing several this morning which are playing in another room while I eat brunch.  As I was getting ready to leave for the farmers' market earlier, I heard a bride give a 2 for some of the most ridiculous reasons ever.  This was not the young bride in the first season (I think it was the first season) who gave a 2 because she thought another bride wasn't taking her vows seriously enough.  So there have been at least 2 2s given.  

• Love 1

They showed 3 episodes Sat morning.  I was so excited because one was "and a stingray."  I like that episode because it is set in New Orleans where I used to live.  One of the brides was named Fallon and she got married in my old parish,  Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church.  Her gown reveals a lot of her back.   The bride that won was an Indian woman in an arranged marriage; her $85k wedding was impressive.  I did find it a bit funny that there was an ad for 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way in which the American Jenny has just found out her Indian toy boy has been married for 2 years.  I wonder if he had a wedding like the one on this episode? 

• LOL 1
On 8/12/2014 at 10:00 AM, cpcathy said:

I saw an episode on Sunday where one bride marked another down for having flowers, because she herself is not a fan of flowers. ????

I think it was the nastiest episode I'd ever seen, one bride complaining the others were boring for not taking shots at the reception, and then griping because one bride had a sign that said, No Shots. I think two of the brides ganged up on the fourth one, because she was reserved and, well, classy. It seems like the producers asked nasty bride about it, because she said she bonded with one other bride, but not the last one, as she was so reserved.

Still, can't wait for this show to come back this week!

Hurrah for reruns!  Watching this one right now.  

• Love 1

Such a good rerun last night of the Egyptian bride, an Italian bride, the Thai bride (I remember her name was Deedee) and the backyard bride.  Egyptian bride was sooooo rude in her comments.  One of the worst.  She absolutely ripped apart backyard bride's reception and gave her an overall score of 2.  Granted, yes, that wedding left a lot to be desired but I don't think I've ever seen anyone go as low as a 2!  4 usually seems to be the lowest the ladies will go.  She also criticized the other dresses.  The other girls seemed so pleasant and I absolutely loved that they gave Egyptian bride the 4th place ranking AND gave her stupid "princess" dress only a 9!  Awesome revenge!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I am bringing this thread back to life as I now stream through Hulu.  Why do I care?  Because you can look up all episodes of many past shows, including Four Weddings!!  In case anyone cares, "And a Giraffe" is Season 7 Episode 8, followed right away with the famous Dracula's Castle where a losing bride was "robbed!! Robbed, I tell you!"  Marie spent well over $100,000 on a wedding - holy moly just no.

It was Blan!!  Just B-L-A-N!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Please bring this Thread Backbe9a4b3ca1d4241b047aea1eea5d27cd.jpg. I just started binged watching this show and I want the inside scoop,

In some of the episodes at the beginning you know who wins cause the Hubby is not hidden well. I also so want to know why was there so many repeat Venues. 

I notice the critiques of certain venues food was the same, is some of this scripted?

• Love 1

There is a marathon on right now and Blan bride is on and the next episode is that perfectionist Danielle from the first season.  She had that resting bitchface at all the other weddings. I forgot how nasty she was and I hated that she won.   

• Love 4

I am doing an all season rewatch, and my biggest question is why don’t the brides make sure the other brides  have easy access to the food at cocktail hour?  Lol. So many times there is a line and then no food left for the other brides.  

On 1/31/2021 at 7:20 PM, alexa said:

I am doing an all season rewatch, and my biggest question is why don’t the brides make sure the other brides  have easy access to the food at cocktail hour?  Lol. So many times there is a line and then no food left for the other brides.  

Because, in my humble opinion, too many brides are worried about themselves and a perfectly staged event rather than their guests comfort.  "My guests won't mind standing around, waiting, while we do a limo drinking tour before the wedding."  Yes they will.  They just wont tell you as they are polite.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:01 AM, VanSensei said:

Yeah, people being nasty towards other people's weddings is shitty.

Especially, in two different ways:  1) the dress.  The other bride has probably tried on your dress and passed on it, hence she hates it.  2) When people roll their eyes at anything religious.  I am hardly the most religious person but when in a church or temple or anyplace there is a religious officiant, I sit/stand/kneel/whatever and smile.  That is a personal thing - keep your comments to yourself.  If I can sit through a Catholic ceremony in a church, in July, with no A/C......so can you.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Because, in my humble opinion, too many brides are worried about themselves and a perfectly staged event rather than their guests comfort.  "My guests won't mind standing around, waiting, while we do a limo drinking tour before the wedding."  Yes they will.  They just wont tell you as they are polite.

Especially, in two different ways:  1) the dress.  The other bride has probably tried on your dress and passed on it, hence she hates it.  2) When people roll their eyes at anything religious.  I am hardly the most religious person but when in a church or temple or anyplace there is a religious officiant, I sit/stand/kneel/whatever and smile.  That is a personal thing - keep your comments to yourself.  If I can sit through a Catholic ceremony in a church, in July, with no A/C......so can you.

Yep, you are right.  The waiting situation is even worse than lack of food.  It is silly to think people just want to wait around--you invited them there, now you are responsible for them in some way, shape, or form.  

I will say so far, up to Season 3, the brides have been fairly respectful of whatever type of ceremony the bride chooses--even when they get a little frustrated they can't understand what is being said (different language), etc.  But I do know there are some that are critical, and I agree with you--the type of ceremony is definitely up to the couple as that is the main part of the wedding.  

21 minutes ago, alexa said:

Yep, you are right.  The waiting situation is even worse than lack of food.  It is silly to think people just want to wait around--you invited them there, now you are responsible for them in some way, shape, or form.

I had family friends who attended a wedding where the bride and groom rented a party limo and were gone for about 90 minutes while people (many of them elderly) stood and waited - including a 95 year old grandmother.   Save that stuff for AFTER the reception.  I was remarried in the fall of 2017 and on a few wedding sites.  The attitude of "MY DAY MY WAY" was very prominent.  If it is just the two of you with an officiant on the beach, yes you can do what you want.  But the minute you invite others, you need to take care of their needs as well:  Food, hydration and seating.  I am not a drinker but a cash bar does not bother me (even if I had a drink I will fork over a few dollars - I know this is an unpopular opinion but oh well.)  But at least have SOMETHING available.  We went to a wedding summer 2019 and it was HOT and outdoors.  Thank goodness I had a golf umbrella in my car and praise the Lord for a short ceremony.

• Love 1

I think that when a bride really slams another bride's wedding, and I thought the second bride's ceremony and reception was spectacular, that it's simply a person trying to get rid of their competition.      That's why they went to the one score at the ceremony, and doing the other scores later.   So brides couldn't just try to sabotage the competition.   

3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think that when a bride really slams another bride's wedding, and I thought the second bride's ceremony and reception was spectacular, that it's simply a person trying to get rid of their competition.      That's why they went to the one score at the ceremony, and doing the other scores later.   So brides couldn't just try to sabotage the competition.   

Have you seen B-L-A-N bride?  She went into it clearly trying to give other brides a 3 or 4 (all undeserved) and it backfired.  She came off like a witch and ended up in fourth place.  One bride, who had a VERY lovely ceremony was given a three or four for not providing toothpicks.  My whole budget was a bit below $3000 so no way would I have won, lol.  

• Love 3

I watching an older rerun "...And a Pickup Truck" and the second or third bride does exactly what I really think should have been everyone's policy.   The DJ makes an announcement that if you didn't RSVP, you sit outside of the reception area.      Bet those who never RSVP, and show up anyway will either reform, or not go.   

I think it's hysterical,, the bride and everyone are doing a big group dance, and one bride says that even though Tinesha is showing them what to do, it would take her forever to learn it.   However, the other bride in a red dress is keeping up just fine.   

On 3/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I watching an older rerun "...And a Pickup Truck" and the second or third bride does exactly what I really think should have been everyone's policy.   The DJ makes an announcement that if you didn't RSVP, you sit outside of the reception area. 

This happened thirty years ago.  We went to a very large wedding of a couple who were DEVOTED to Amway.  Their wedding colors were purple (for Amyway royalty) and green (money???).  The reception was at a country club--sit down dinner--but the guests were herded into two different rooms (no room large enough).  In the "main room" were all the Amway colleagues.  In the smaller room were ALL relatives (all!) and close friends.  My family and I were in the smaller room--where everyone had GREAT FUN ridiculing the segregation!  The marriage lasted ten years longer than it should have.  

• LOL 3

Watched an OLD rerun today:  Season 2/Episode 5: Fire Ants!

• Anna, 18 ... very sweet bride.  Said only complimentary things about the other weddings. Came in 3rd.
  • Samantha 40s? ...  Drunky Drunk-Drunk... Came in 2nd and "feels cheated."  4th of July theme.
  • Beautiful Indian bride won (can't recall her name) with her Indian/Mexican theme.  Beautiful.
  • SHANNON: Came in LAST (more fun to write than 4th...for her).  "I don't care if they didn't like me. I always get what I want."  She definitely did not like the Indian/Mexican wedding;  Indian Food? Not a fan. ~  No kiss? (there was a traditional kiss on the cheek) ~  Are you really eating goat? ~ I prefer a traditional wedding dress (that was probably the most spectacular wedding dress on this series).

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

It’s funny, I remember every one of those brides except for Shannon

Some reminders.  Do these help?

• Shannon and her fiance had a cute little son in a white suit...ring bearer who ran away.
  • The wedding was not AT the biker bar, but behind it outdoors...and surprisingly beautiful and classy.
  • Her "color" was pink and there were lots of comments about so much pink.
  • Shannon is white and her husband is Black.
  • Beautiful wedding.   Shannon is blonde and pretty.
  • Shannon is not nice.  Shannon's husband agreed that she gets everything she wants.

Another OLD rerun:  Season 2, EP1 ~ Musical Chairs

ALANA ... The "perfect" bride who bad-mouthed most things about the others' weddings.

• Hers was the most lavi$h (gown/food/cruise)
  • Hers probably took the most planning preparation
  • AND had the BIGGEST glitches ... and the wedding started so late.
  • Again...she was the LOSER (oops...she came in last)--complaining about others at the end.
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The brides that bad mouth everything about the other weddings always make me think they're trying to hurt the competition.   Usually, it backfires. 

I looked up that bride; she's on Facebook and looks like she's happy with life--husband, two kids.  I wonder if she has grown up ... if she regrets her "entitled" look on TV.

I watched an episode today that hasn’t been talked about much. It was “… and a phantom.” Holy cow. Phantom bride’s husband was a total douche. He smashed cake in her face so hard that she was clearly pissed. Then at the end of their wedding when asked what his favorite part of the day was? He says, “smashing cake in her face!!” 

I looked them up and they are divorced. She’s since been remarried. Seems they didn’t stay married long at all. 

• Love 1
On 9/17/2021 at 6:14 PM, Back Atcha said:

This happened thirty years ago.  We went to a very large wedding of a couple who were DEVOTED to Amway.  Their wedding colors were purple (for Amyway royalty) and green (money???).  The reception was at a country club--sit down dinner--but the guests were herded into two different rooms (no room large enough).  In the "main room" were all the Amway colleagues.  In the smaller room were ALL relatives (all!) and close friends.  My family and I were in the smaller room--where everyone had GREAT FUN ridiculing the segregation!  The marriage lasted ten years longer than it should have.  

Late reply, but that sounds like a kindness. If you’d been mixed in with the Amway people you would’ve spent the entire night declining offers to join, peruse the catalog, or go see the merch you know is in their trunk.

I’d forgotten about this show until a couple weeks ago when I was up early on a Sunday and caught a repeat. Chicago brides, one was 19 with a toddler, had a really bad attitude toward the other weddings, and was a picky eater. I swear some of these women plan one party and think their aesthetic is the end-all-be-all of sophistication and class. The petite, towheaded pediatric ICU nurse won. Her Facebook shows them still together with a young child 10+ years later.

Its harder to find people these days, I think. So many people don’t do social media anymore or it’s locked down. I could only find two couples even though I knew the 19 year old’s full name. The other couple is still together but living in SoCal.

I’ve never been able to find B-L-A-N bride even though both their names and wedding date were visible during their segment. It must’ve been horrible to be hated and humiliated like that and have it forever associated with your wedding, but she was comedy GOLD.

The repeats we’re getting boring, but the new episodes with the different format where they knew each other didn’t work. It was like a bad reality soap opera.

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Love 1

Since I got Roku I am watching an episode a day. I saw one yesterday where it was a Catholic church, when the priest presented them to the crowd as Mr & Mrs, the bride fist-pumped. 

Am I wrong, or is that inappropriate for the church? The reception sure, anything you want, but the church?

Yes that was my only concern that the church, is the only place she should not have pumped. it is supposed to be solemn, depending on the church and this was a solemn one. 

I know the brides will criticize  anything but I don't think the bride deserves it if she had no control over it. Such as the weather! I suppose it could be said that if the temp is going to be cold, don't have an outdoor wedding. But with brides, if she wants an outdoor wedding for her day, you may as well shut up. 

The temperature of the food. That isn;t the brides doing. That is the caterers. 

Mermaid dress isn't the same as fit & flare! Mermaid fits snugly until about the knee, then flares. 

The thing I dislike most is when a bride has a religious ceremony that runs long (most of us have been to a Catholic wedding Mass) and the guest brides take off points because they were bored. 

Edited by TVMovieBuff
  • Like 3

I haven't read the whole thread, but is this show back (new episodes) or are you discussing reruns?  As I recall, the show started more than ten years ago!  I enjoyed Seasons 1 and 2; after that, it seems to go off the rails a bit.  I'll still watch a rerun when I can!

12 hours ago, Dibs said:

I haven't read the whole thread, but is this show back (new episodes) or are you discussing reruns?  As I recall, the show started more than ten years ago!  I enjoyed Seasons 1 and 2; after that, it seems to go off the rails a bit.  I'll still watch a rerun when I can!

It's just the reruns we are talking about, no new episodes. I watched sometimes in the past but since I got my Roku device  and the whole show is free, I have gotten rehooked. 

• Like 1

When I first saw the FW premise, I was appalled.  Weddings are somewhat sacred to me, and it seemed tacky to televise and especially compete with them.  I thought, "What next; funerals?" (In fact, there was briefly a show competing for the best funeral, lol.)  But the brides were all quite endearing and some of their commentary pretty funny, so it grew on me.  I also appreciate out-of-the-box thinking and especially frugality, so I always enjoyed those events.  The over-the-top expensive weddings are also fun to watch just for the gawk factor.  But at some point, as is usual with "reality TV," the participants became more self-aware and seemed to be performing for the show and less sincere and real.

1 hour ago, Dibs said:

When I first saw the FW premise, I was appalled.  Weddings are somewhat sacred to me, and it seemed tacky to televise and especially compete with them.  I thought, "What next; funerals?" (In fact, there was briefly a show competing for the best funeral, lol.)  But the brides were all quite endearing and some of their commentary pretty funny, so it grew on me.  I also appreciate out-of-the-box thinking and especially frugality, so I always enjoyed those events.  The over-the-top expensive weddings are also fun to watch just for the gawk factor.  But at some point, as is usual with "reality TV," the participants became more self-aware and seemed to be performing for the show and less sincere and real.  It would be interesting to see who's still married today and who isn't.  It was pretty obvious who was marrying for love versus to be "princess for a day."  Personally, I find the cake-smash to be pretty predictive of divorce.

On 11/1/2018 at 12:32 PM, Vivigirl10 said:

Watched a rerun last night (sorry, don't know the title) where the most notable bride who may jog your memory was "Chancy", a former cheerleader whose entrance included her squad.  There was also a Peruvian bride.  The winner was Chantall who had a vintage theme.  I'm sure Chantall's husband was a lovely man and he did nothing to disprove that thought, but you could not deny that the guy was heavvvvy.  I mean, like ready for my 600 pound life.  She was probably a size 4 at tops.  Unusual to see such a sizable difference between the two.  Then my husband and I started to speculate that she was a stripper who found her sugar daddy!!  Reading too much into it?  Probably.  I'd just like to know their backstory.     

Hi, I am the bride “stripper” you’re referring to lol. My friend came across this post and sent it to me. I am a normal woman, have never been a stripper or sex worker and no my husband isn’t my sugar daddy or rich. My wedding was 11 years ago and we’re still together. In fact, we’ve been together 18 years. We met in 7th grade. About my husband’s weight… looks aren’t everything but I find him so handsome. We started dating when I was 17, he was on full scholarship at LSU for football and had to quit for health reasons that almost killed him. Yes he’s gained weight since. We’re working on it but as most of this country knows and struggles with… It isn’t easy. He’s 6’5 so on tv he looked much bigger than he does in person. I’m not angry at your assumptions, just keep in mind not everything is at it appears. My husband is the sweetest person on this planet and I’d choose him over and over again.

• Like 3
  • Love 3