Type keyword(s) to search

Four Weddings - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, cpcathy said:

I went to a wedding that was held at noon in August (So Cal) in the blazing sun. My husband described one single bead of sweat making its way slowly down his back. The best man told us he thought, "I'm gonna kill (the groom)."

My pet peeves for weddings: morning/afternoon weddings, cash bars/dry weddings, overly long ceremonies with made-up stuff (sand ceremonies, wine-intermingling). I'm sure I'll come up with more!

We could be friends.

• Love 3

I may be a little sensitive about weddings, my son is getting married in September, (to an amazing girl whom I love for no other reason but the fact she loves my son) and today I am invited to go to her first dress fitting.  I cry easily.  Their wedding does not have a theme, no unity sand or signature drinks just a fantastic band, incredible food, family and friends who love them. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, cpcathy said:

My pet peeves for weddings: morning/afternoon weddings, cash bars/dry weddings, overly long ceremonies with made-up stuff (sand ceremonies, wine-intermingling). I'm sure I'll come up with more!

Agreed!  I'd also like to add Sunday evening weddings, particularly on a non-holiday weekend when it's back to work on Monday morning and the bride also expected guests that would have to come from out of state (and then had the nerve to be upset when they declined).

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

There is one comment that the other brides always make about each others wedding dresses and that is "the dress fit her well" (most times they are not speaking about the style but of the actual fit),  Of course it did you dummy, didn't you go to a couple of fittings for your dress? 

There were some weddings on this show where the dress was not fitting properly - either too long, a bit short, too tight up top, or too big up top, etc. For some reason some brides were not fitted properly, so I get the critique.

What I don't like is when they say 'the dress looked great on her, but it's just not my style', & then they dock points for that. Well, it's not their dress so who cares if it's not their style? I don't like dissing the dress & taking points off just because they don't like it.

11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am old school, I like the traditional vows, if the bride and groom want to say their own, fine but mostly their own sound like things they should just say to each other like saying "I love you because you hold my hair back when I am drunk and vomiting," a bit of an exaggeration but those are the sort of things I hear.

Agreed. The things they say now are not even vows - vows are promises. Most of the time when they write their own 'vows' they do what you're saying, or even try to entertain everyone which is totally inappropriate. I want to hear promises - then they should keep them!

I attended a wedding many years ago where we were stuck in an older church on a horrifically hot day with no air conditioning in mid-August, & the bride was an hour late. An hour!! No explanations, no apologies. I wanted to leave so bad & if it had been just me, I probably would have because that was so rude. Everyone was a sweaty mess.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2

To me, weddings are something you attend because you're obligated to, like funerals.
Therefore:  I don't want to spend the day there.  Ceremony, short reception, no longer than hour & half, and good bye.
And destination weddings?  Are you kidding me?  Spend money and vacation time to some where YOU chose, and sometimes even get your room free because your friends and relatives are paying?  Hell no!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, auntjess said:

Therefore:  I don't want to spend the day there.  Ceremony, short reception, no longer than hour & half, and good bye.

I'm getting married in January and it's the second time around for both of us.  It's going to be early Sunday afternoon with a ceremony, light lunch afterwards, then everyone goes home.  Very casual.

• Love 5
On 5/26/2017 at 0:09 AM, cpcathy said:

Blan  bride is scheduled to be part of the marathon on Sunday. TLC must know we love to hate her!

I finally saw this episode. She was so awful. I was so happy she lost.  The other three brides seemed so sweet and lovely.

• Love 3
On 5/26/2017 at 0:09 AM, cpcathy said:

Blan  bride is scheduled to be part of the marathon on Sunday. TLC must know we love to hate her!

Happy to have finally seen this episode after reading about her here.  She didn't disappoint.  I recorded all the episodes this past weekend and they have been entertaining to say the least.  I just got through watching an episode featuring a Coney Island beach wedding.  It was pretty obvious that bride thought she had the win in the bag.  The funniest part of her wedding was seeing a beach visitor in a bikini standing about six or seven feet in front of her and gawping during the ceremony.  She found things to complain about at all the other weddings, the most ridiculous being that she had to use her hands to eat the cornish game hen.  Did no one ever teach her the mysterious workings of the knife and fork? 

• Love 1

I love this show and miss that there are not new episodes available.  I've been binge watching the whole series on Google Play and man I forgot what bitches some of these twits are.  I watched the BLAN chic today on my lunch break and I'm so glad she got dead last.  It couldn't have happened to a more miserable person.  My only wish was that uptight Danielle from the first season won the honeymoon. She had a constant resting bitch face the whole episode and she looked so stupid reciting "ice picks toothpaste" to keep from crying.  I wish TLC would bring this show back.

• Love 2

Watched an episode I had never seen before from the marathon, Charleston weddings. The bride who had the Halloween wedding seemed super fun and easy going, and her Halloween was not so over the top stupid, the costumes were kind of fun but didn't take over the wedding. Beach wedding bride was rude and snotty, and gave almost everything a four. A four? For a wedding where you're fed and given alcohol and are able to dance?She came in third, I was expecting last.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, brea124 said:

Anyone remember Shannon who complained at all the weddings and was crying at the end when she didn't win?  Add her to my "glad you lost" list.

Was she older than the other brides, and said "anyway, we're having a baby?"

On 3/25/2017 at 11:13 AM, NowVoyager said:

I'm watching an episode called "...and Bling-Blau" from 2012 located in Chicago. There's great bride, Lucy, whom I just love to death. Her personality is so charming & upbeat & fun-loving. She spoke so kindly about the other brides' weddings & she married her childhood sweetheart. I'd like to be her friend in my head. But, there's NO WAY she spent $20,000 on her wedding! If she did, she got robbed. Kind of like lunch meat for the entrees & a sheet cake---her expenses should have been less than half of that. I wonder what's up--- was it a typo, or did she just say her budget was a lot bigger than it actually was, or what?

This brings me to my pet peeve about this show: when the brides have very disparate budgets.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:43 PM, auntjess said:

What about her venue or entertainment?  I haven't watched these in a long time.

No. No, no, no, just no. Hit me back if you catch the episode. Her wedding budget should have been $7,500-$10,000 max. Which is fine! She was a really lovely person & I wish her many years of health & happiness. However, the budget has a lot to do with how we're going to judge a wedding for the purposes of this show. If the stated budget was more realistic, I wouldn't have been as horrified by the results.

Just watched "....And a Latte." I wasn't paying 100% attention, but there were 4 Seattle area weddings. 4 classy brides: bright, intelligent, lovely, kind-hearted. (Sooo different than the brides on Say Yes to the Dress!) 4 beautiful weddings. Oyster shooters & salmon, yum! A good show! The highlight was the one bride's dad cutting a rug on the dance floor. A handsome Asian man with a long, braided ponytail. He had some moves!!! I think Pops was a ladies man back in tha day... Mmm-hm... I see you, Pops!

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

Just saw the drunk Fourth of July bride again. Ahh! It really is the gift that keeps on giving....

She was out of control!

8 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Just watched "....And a Latte." I wasn't paying 100% attention, but there were 4 Seattle area weddings. 4 classy brides: bright, intelligent, lovely, kind-hearted. (Sooo different than the brides on Say Yes to the Dress!) 4 beautiful weddings. Oyster shooters & salmon, yum! A good show! The highlight was the one bride's dad cutting a rug on the dance floor. A handsome Asian man with a long, braided ponytail. He had some moves!!! I think Pops was a ladies man back in tha day... Mmm-hm... I see you, Pops!

That group was one of my favs, except the younger bride had a bit of a 'tude when she didn't win. I think she thought she had it in the bag given her fancier indoor venue.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1

^^^If she had gotten drunk during the reception, that would have been ok (-ish). But drunk, swaying & slurring during the ceremony?! & in the presence of her young children? Girl.... A Mess!

gonecrackers, looks like it's you & me, boo! Home watching the marathon. ***waves*** Hi! ?

• Love 1

Dangit, I didn't check for any episodes today!

I've told you guys my husband watches this with me. The other night we were watching, he said, "I miss the Canadian weddings, they eat a lot of soup."

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

^^^If she had gotten drunk during the reception, that would have been ok (-ish). But drunk, swaying & slurring during the ceremony?! & in the presence of her young children? Girl.... A Mess!

gonecrackers, looks like it's you & me, boo! Home watching the marathon. ***waves*** Hi! ?

Hey there!! I have several on my DVR & tried to get quite a few from last week's marathon. Didn't know they were running them today!

8 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

If she had gotten drunk during the reception, that would have been ok (-ish). But drunk, swaying & slurring during the ceremony?! & in the presence of her young children? Girl.... A Mess!

Oh the lovely videos she can share with her grandchildren someday (eye roll) !

2 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I've told you guys my husband watches this with me. The other night we were watching, he said, "I miss the Canadian weddings, they eat a lot of soup."

And they never liked it LOL.  The Canadian ones have very high snarkability - just wow!

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

One of my favorite lines was from a Canadian wedding.  They were serving butternut squash soup, and one of the brides says "butter, nuts, and squash.  You wouldn't think they'd go together, but it was pretty good."
And if a bride or groom is from Newfoundland, there's the fish kissing or slapping---something with a fish.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Quof said:

It's called Getting Screeched In, and involves kissing a cod, followed by a shot of really nasty rum (screech).

One of them kissed a plush puffin (her MIL had her kiss it's butt). She did have that shot & her face after said it all.

56 minutes ago, auntjess said:

One of my favorite lines was from a Canadian wedding.  They were serving butternut squash soup, and one of the brides says "butter, nuts, and squash.  You wouldn't think they'd go together, but it was pretty good."

She was the same one who was obsessed with orange, had a Halloween theme wedding, was an extremely picky eater, asked the other brides what all the silverware was for, & proclaimed her family was very into dance (she was a former go-go dancer).  It's a classic.

• Love 2
On 5/31/2017 at 7:32 PM, brea124 said:

Anyone remember Shannon who complained at all the weddings and was crying at the end when she didn't win?  Add her to my "glad you lost" list.

I just saw a Shannon lose.  Could be her.  She had a "pink" theme and nitpicked the other weddings.  Seemed sure she was the winner and came in last.  It's great when that happens.  This one was in the episode with a young couple who toasted with milk, an Indian/Mexican wedding (winner), and a 4th of July wedding with a bride who seemed to be enjoying herself.  Shannon also had the ant attack during her reception. 

• Love 1
On 6/2/2017 at 11:38 AM, NowVoyager said:

I watched it, too!! But on DVR. ?

• Love 1

I just watched an ep where the top two brides were tied at 83 I believe and the 3rd was 82, the fourth one scored a measly 51 or 52 points and boy did I laugh! I've never seen such a disparity between the top 3 and last place. That last place bride had an all dessert reception which left the 3 guest brides starved. They ordered their own pizza and ate it in the parking lot! This is a show that brides will knock you down a million points if the salad doesn't contain crisp lettuce. She barely fed her guests and thought she could possibly win???

• Love 1

WHY OH WHY do I keep watching this  show? I'm really done with the bitchy brides. "I deducted points because I don't like big, traditional venues."  "I didn't like the goat cheese at the cocktail hour." "The centerpieces were too plain/large/small/tacky." And some of the brides give very low scores for overall experience. I've seen them give great weddings where everyone had fun a 4, I suppose to "improve their own chances." I do like weddings, but perhaps in the future I should watch it on mute!

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I just watched an ep where the top two brides were tied at 83 I believe and the 3rd was 82, the fourth one scored a measly 51 or 52 points and boy did I laugh! I've never seen such a disparity between the top 3 and last place. That last place bride had an all dessert reception which left the 3 guest brides starved. They ordered their own pizza and ate it in the parking lot! This is a show that brides will knock you down a million points if the salad doesn't contain crisp lettuce. She barely fed her guests and thought she could possibly win???

Yeah was that Julie?  She was the one who had a serious make out session in front of everyone for their 'first kiss'. There was a guy around the brides who's face said it all on that one - he was obviously horrified, & it was pretty gross.

I can understand the cocktail hour receptions, because if done right often the cocktail hour food can be better than the actual meal, so just keep it coming all night.  But an all desert reception is awful - it's like the bride was 8 yrs old to plan a sugar fest like that.

9 minutes ago, Beaner said:

WHY OH WHY do I keep watching this  show? I'm really done with the bitchy brides. "I deducted points because I don't like big, traditional venues."  "I didn't like the goat cheese at the cocktail hour." "The centerpieces were too plain/large/small/tacky." And some of the brides give very low scores for overall experience. I've seen them give great weddings where everyone had fun a 4, I suppose to "improve their own chances." I do like weddings, but perhaps in the future I should watch it on mute!

Because... snark on!! Better than therapy LOL.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3

The "I gave it a 4" brides are sooo much fun to snark! They always seem to be having a good time, then BOOM--four! Or worse, 2! My husband and I always throw down a "Oh no, she di'int!"

• Love 3

I was watching an episode today featuring a reception in a town close to where I used to live.  I looked on line to see if there was anything showing the name of the venue.  Didn't find that, but did discover that the couple filed for divorce only eight months after their episode first appeared on TV...wow.   

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:05 PM, Beaner said:

I know what you mean about the mute button, these brides make me scream at the tv.

Love your Kliban cat, it's been years since I have seen any of his stuff, makes me giggle.

• Love 1

Didn't find that, but did discover that the couple filed for divorce only eight months after their episode first appeared on TV...wow.   

URL or it never happened.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Quof said:

URL or it never happened.

Already forgot their names and episode title.  All I can tell you is that it was a couple from a 2012 episode which took place in the tri-state area.  The couple and their families appeared happy during the episode.  You never know what is going on in people's lives.  Have to wonder if any other couples broke up since then.  

On a happier note, one of the episodes I watched a couple of days ago featured a groom with cancer. I looked up the couple and was happy to find it appears he is doing well, and they have since had a child also.   

Edited by ichbin
ETA...the divorced bride wasn't unpleasant like some of the more infamous brides on other episodes.

I have the vaguest memory of the groom with cancer. Did they win? Don't remember.

Anyway, I know it would never happen, but wouldn't we love some dishy gossip on the episodes, just rerun an episode and then do subtitles, "divorced in 2012," etc.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I have the vaguest memory of the groom with cancer. Did they win? Don't remember.

Anyway, I know it would never happen, but wouldn't we love some dishy gossip on the episodes, just rerun an episode and then do subtitles, "divorced in 2012," etc.

Yes, he was the groom in the winning wedding.

An update show would be interesting.  Something like Pop Up Videos that used to be on VH1.  Even just a  "where they are now" show featuring the infamous brides would be good.

• Love 2
On 5/31/2017 at 7:32 PM, brea124 said:

Okay, I'm pretty sure I have now seen the Shannon you were referring to.  They even showed the other brides making comments about how she complained and was opinionated about everything. Shannons wedding ceremony featured her son, who the groom would be adopting after the wedding.  So many episodes have brides complaining about things, but this one was at the extreme end, particularly about food.

It irks me when picky-food brides complain that there's nothing to eat, and that reflects in their scores. Watched an episode where the winning bride had a beautiful wedding and reception, train voyage theme (luggage for centerpieces), had passed appetizers that looked delicious. Hubbs and I were salivating! One bride was picky, didn't care for anything, just wanted some pretzels. Literally, pretzels! She marked winning bride down. Another bride (also the winner) was famous for only liking five or six foods, something like, fries, chicken fingers, mac and cheese. However, she was totally sweet about it and tried something new that she ended up not liking but did not make a face and/or a fuss about how much she hated it.

• Love 1

Finally got around to seeing it! B L A N...blan. Omg! If you're going to insult somebody's anything, at least have your spelling up to snuff. My word. She might've, possibly gotten away with it if she didn't spell it out which left no room for doubt.

• Love 1

Been binge watching the old episodes and count me in on wanting this show back!  But with one caveat.....keep the format the same.  I could see them adding some new twist that would ruin the whole thing.  It's just so perfect the straightforward way it is.  

This is a random observation but I cringe when the brides receive the card that says where their honeymoon is.  So many of these seemingly intelligent and well spoken women can't read worth a darn!  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

This is a random observation but I cringe when the brides receive the card that says where their honeymoon is.  So many of these seemingly intelligent and well spoken women can't read worth a darn!

I'd like to add to that the inability to properly handle a knife and fork to cut meat.   It makes me cringe to see an adult cut a piece of beef like a toddler the first day they are allowed to hold the real silverware.  

I saw an episode recently where one of the brides pushed the artichoke off her food because she didn't want to eat raw fish. . .

• Love 1

Have set my DVR to record all episodes of Four Weddings and as I watch the episodes I scroll through this thread to see what has been said about each episode. I also look for the episodes you guys have talked about. Looking forward to the one with BLAN bride and the one with the wedding with the pizza and 2 liters of soda. 

• Love 1

There was a lesbian wedding the other day, I was hoping it was the one with the pizza and the soda, but it wasn't. In fact, it was really nice--the brides were chefs and their cake topper was playing cards--two queens.

I love it when they only thing they can say about a bride's dress is "It fits her perfectly". Yeah, no sh*t, its supposed to! Why is that a surprise to anyone? Its supposed to fit well!

I think though, that if I were on this show, it would probably break my heart to come in last on the dress category.