Type keyword(s) to search

Four Weddings - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 12/7/2018 at 1:39 PM, cpcathy said:

WE is known for Bridezillas, right? I would think they LIVE for snark, so hopefully, new episodes with a TON of snark!

My people, my people MY PEOPLE!  I have come to offer my apologies!!!  Four Weddings is not being rerun on WE, only on OWN.  I am sorry - my eyes (and holiday brain) were playing tricks on me!!!  Forgive me?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Just found it here - didn't realize it became a topic.

I have to remember it's on OWN now - when are they showing them?

Yay to @gonecrackers for finding the thread here.  Wednesdays at 7pm (maybe 8, I know I watched an hour long one and it was followed by a two hour format, which I skipped.)  It could be showing more, that is all I know.  I know the 7pm one I watched Wed eve had a nice "Cotton Farm" bride with a 12,000 budget (low for this show) and of course, stacked against the $40,000 budgets, she came in fourth.

44 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yay to @gonecrackers for finding the thread here.  Wednesdays at 7pm (maybe 8, I know I watched an hour long one and it was followed by a two hour format, which I skipped.)  It could be showing more, that is all I know.  I know the 7pm one I watched Wed eve had a nice "Cotton Farm" bride with a 12,000 budget (low for this show) and of course, stacked against the $40,000 budgets, she came in fourth.

Haha - I hope everyone finds their way here!

I'll try to remember that, although on Lifetime they were running the same ones over & over. I did like those weekend morning marathons though.

There are some wedding around the same budget, making the competition more fair, because some of the low budget ones might be fine enough weddings for the couple but are just not comparable for a competition like this.  But then again, I saw a Four Weddings Canada where two big budget, huge weddings seemed to be the contenders, & both brides had obviously ruled out the other two weddings as being competition for them. I found it maybe a bit too satisfying when the mid-budget wedding came in first & left their 'over the top' affairs in the dust. Of course fourth was the lowest budget wedding, because, again, that one really didn't have a chance among the others.

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

left their 'over the top' affairs in the dust.

I have been to "over the top" weddings and frankly, they are not my thing.  I am a Minnesotan, and not everyone is on board with obvious displays of wealth.  We are a humble people, lol.

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

lowest budget wedding

You mean like mine?  I always remember, money can't buy taste or class.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I always remember, money can't buy taste or class.  

The lowest budget wedding (I don't recall the numbers) was just very different from the over the top ones & they were both obviously looking down on most of it, which is why I was so glad neither big budget bride won.

I'm just looking at the competitive side of this show, & it really depends on how the other brides look at it. If they're impressed by "over the top" then the high budget bride has an edge, but sometimes they are overwhelmed or put off by it all, so high budget bride doesn't do as well in the scoring. 

And then there are lower budget brides who will spend for good food & drink, as opposed to the ones who choose to blow their budget on overdone, tacky "decor" & dessert. So I think much of it has to do with how they actually use their budgets.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

The lowest budget wedding (I don't recall the numbers) was just very different from the over the top ones & they were both obviously looking down on most of it, which is why I was so glad neither big budget bride won.

I'm just looking at the competitive side of this show, & it really depends on how the other brides look at it. If they're impressed by "over the top" then the high budget bride has an edge, but sometimes they are overwhelmed or put off by it all, so high budget bride doesn't do as well in the scoring. 

And then there are lower budget brides who will spend for good food & drink, as opposed to the ones who choose to blow their budget on overdone, tacky "decor" & dessert. So I think much of it has to do with how they actually use their budgets.

I agree so much, especially on things that can be toned down, like using some silk floral and some real, but not all real.  Do you REALLY need the Rolls Royce Limo?  Plus a lot of brides get caught up in "proposing" to bridemaids (never got that) and end up with six attendants, which shoots the cost up (per person) of having attendants, then you are closer and closer to the big day and oops you are out of money, let's change that to a cash bar.    I am a pretty unfussy guest but when I see and hear the bride talk about her $6000 dress, Rolls Royce limo, plus all the other things that benefit her and the groom, and meanwhile me and hubby are eating rubber chicken and paying for our drinks and being asked to fund a honeymoon account.....well it chaps me a little!

• Love 3

I watched the one the other day that had a Valentine's Day theme with red, white and black. It was fairly low budget but all the food was down home cooking and was prepared by family and friends of the bride and was delicious! She scored a perfect 30 on the food and (correct me if I'm wrong ) a 30 on her dress. I'm also thinking she had alcohol served. I was happy she won!

The Atlanta sorority sisters ep with the wedding that was interrupted by the guy on roller skates? Sorry this is 6 Months late but That guy is a sort of “famous” GIF.

Which makes his appearance make a little more sense. A friend sent it to me and I’m like, he was on 4 weddings! 

Ive started using it now. 

LeadingGregariousAlpaca-small.gif

• Love 2

In reviewing my DVR's programs scheduled to record over the next week, I see a NEW episode of Four Weddings S10/E8 "...and a Hurricane" airing on Saturday, Jan. 12, at 9:00 PM EST on TLC (2 hour episode).

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

In reviewing my DVR's programs scheduled to record over the next week, I see Four Weddings S10/E8 "...and a Hurricane" on Saturday, Jan. 12, at 9:00 PM EST on TLC (new, 2 hour episode).

I saw that too, but I do wonder if it will disappear at the last minute like all of the other times they have scheduled in that timeslot.  Will be interesting to see if we can finally see the unaired episodes.

• Love 3
On 1/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, Beaner said:

I watched the one the other day that had a Valentine's Day theme with red, white and black. It was fairly low budget but all the food was down home cooking and was prepared by family and friends of the bride and was delicious! She scored a perfect 30 on the food and (correct me if I'm wrong ) a 30 on her dress. I'm also thinking she had alcohol served. I was happy she won!

I thought it was a hoot that one of brides was all "OMG - how middle school!!  Valentine's Day is a made up holiday....how tacky!"  Then that bride won!! I paraphrase but you get the idea.  Still not a fan of homemade food - I keep thinking I am gonna find a hair in there.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2019 at 5:03 AM, TwirlyGirly said:

In reviewing my DVR's programs scheduled to record over the next week, I see a NEW episode of Four Weddings S10/E8 "...and a Hurricane" airing on Saturday, Jan. 12, at 9:00 PM EST on TLC (2 hour episode).

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like this one is going to be the "friends" format.  The new episode that they broadcast before Christmas last month was old school and it hit a lot of squares on the bingo card.  One bride was particularly snark-worthy.

On 1/4/2019 at 12:45 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Do you REALLY need the Rolls Royce Limo?  Plus a lot of brides get caught up in "proposing" to bridemaids (never got that) and end up with six attendants, which shoots the cost up (per person) of having attendants, then you are closer and closer to the big day and oops you are out of money, let's change that to a cash bar.

It starts at the prom stage these days which have turned into wedding rehearsals of a sort. They're already trying to outdo one another with prom "proposals" and limos while they're in high school.  By the time an actual wedding takes place the expectations soar to ridiculous heights for a lot of the "its my day" types.  Weddings are their last chance before the main opportunities arise in planning OTT birthday parties for their children, but that attention has to be shared.  

• Love 3

The Seattle brides were on this morning. I always liked Mallory’s wedding on her family’s lake front property (mostly because I want one, but they seemed like nice people.)

Something I hadn’t caught before were the brides discussing her not having an alter, and one bride said she liked knowing which way was front. Did she think the chairs would be facing backwards?

• Love 5

Looks like this episode could be interesting. A lot of low budget weddings. In the real world that is great, but just not quite that interesting for this show. Just seeing the first venue I am already thinking could they not have found others to do the show?  They already had one low budget episode that was certainly lacking. 

• Love 2

Finally! I got to watch this show after not seeing it in months! It's not On Demand & the OWN channel is showing old episodes. Tonight I was able to watch a late night repeat after I got in from dinner.

"...And a Hurricane" S10/Ep08 (2019)

I didn't mind the ~$10,000 budgets. I just like the budgets to be similar when we're judging weddings against each other.

I felt bad for Whitney, the bride whose turn out was impacted by the hurricane. Poor thing! I thought she had a real, down home, church wedding--- some of her guests were in plaid shirts & jeans. That's real life! Some of your loved ones may not have tuxedo rental money, but if they show up during a hurricane to love on you & bless your union---who cares! I do think she got less for her money than the winning bride, though, particularly with the decor. Whitney concerned me. On the one hand, it was refreshing to see such a humble bride; on the otherhand, I thought she put herself down unnecessarily at times... she needs some B Complex vitamins in her life. 

Diamond: Ahem, I admired her confidence in wearing, basically a leotard with a sheer skirt for her wedding dance. That's all I'm gonna say about that... She was pretty snarky, so I wasn't upset that she finished last.

The Virgin Bride & Husband were unintentionally hilarious. I couldn't feel bad that they were slack-jawed by the sinful reception music & dancing (lol), because that heifer was Soo. Rude. About that homemade wedding cake! Hunty, everybody's eating the same cake. If it's nasty, everybody knows it. Save the snark for your talking head instead of sucking the air out of the room. Somebody loved on that cake & I thought it looked beautiful. 

The winning bride did a lot with her ~$8,500.65 under budget wedding. She made me hungry for crawfish & her husband clearly adores her. Oohh! They get to go to St. Lucia! I've been there before; it was gorgeous & the locals were lovely & very classy. Someone in my party said the terrain resembled Hawaii, although I wouldn't know. One thing: the island is rather conservative for the Caribbean. There was an awkward moment the first night when our group showed up for dinner (& hadn't read the hotel manual.) Well, not me. I was dressed appropriately. IJS. Gentlemen were expected to wear pants, not shorts, not jeans. & ladies were expected to wear skirts or dresses, & no, your sarong doesn't count. 

I hope I can continue to catch this series. I've really missed reading your comments! 💞

• Love 5

This episode hasn’t aired yet until last night. There were a few left of the new version of the series, and this must have been one of them. Unless I just missed it but I think I watched them all. They are so long I wouldn’t be able to forget. Lol. Some of the low budget ones were okay. I think what makes them less interesting is that there are so few attendees and it just looks somewhat like a boring wedding. Again like some in real life but i admittedly like the wide range of interesting weddings this show normally has. 

• Love 1

Why is TLC determined to push this "friends" concept? It sucks! They need to go back to the show being set in big cities, with four random women, no extra scenes with the husbands, and an hour long format. 

I used to enjoy guessing the mystery honeymoon location but you couldn't miss that sign that said The Hideaway at Royalton being shown several times and being familiar with that hotel from when I was trying to book a trip to St. Lucia I knew it right away. To the poster above St. Lucia isn't anymore conservative then the rest of the Caribbean islands that policy was hotel specific.  You should see Lucian Carnival.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

The Virgin Bride & Husband were unintentionally hilarious. I couldn't feel bad that they were slack-jawed by the sinful reception music & dancing (lol), because that heifer was Soo. Rude. About that homemade wedding cake! Hunty, everybody's eating the same cake. If it's nasty, everybody knows it. Save the snark for your talking head instead of sucking the air out of the room. Somebody loved on that cake & I thought it looked beautiful.

How about the 2 she gave for the food at the last wedding!  She was remarkably bitchy considering her holy, virginal background, particularly at that reception.  She also declared the cake at that wedding to be boring, and that was after acting like she had been served turds on a plate during dinner.  It seemed like she knew Latosha was a serious contender for first and she hoping to get that score down below hers because she wasn't awarding such low scores for earlier weddings.

Production was pretty snarky too in this episode.  When Whitney said she thought Latosha's cake  (plain, but well executed tiered cake) was similar to her own (the "naked" cake that looked like something out of Cake Wrecks or Nailed It). They edited in  a side by side picture as a reminder, presumably for laughs.

I noticed the virgin groom didn't dress up much apart from his own ceremony.  It looked like he had on a hoodie or windbreaker over a t-shirt while at least at one reception.  His bride (Noemi?) was dressed up at each of the ceremonies though, so he being so dressed down was weird.  Dancing was illegal where he grew up!  Did he live in the town from Footloose?  

Diamond's behavior about the Spanish during Noemi's wedding placed her firmly in the jerk category.  Did she really need to understand the words?  It's not like most Christian ceremonies don't pretty much cover the same points, regardless of language.  If the people in front of you sit or stand, you sit or stand too.  What's the big deal?

All the weddings were fine.  They did a better job than many on earlier shows that had much higher budgets.  The scoring order seemed right too. Whitney probably deserved extra points for keeping it together despite the storm.  

13 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Diamond: Ahem, I admired her confidence in wearing, basically a leotard with a sheer skirt for her wedding dance.

Someone couldn't have talked her out of that?  That would have been inappropriate for any bride, at any size or shape.  She said she was a pastor's daughter.  I have to wonder how her family liked that performance.  

I did believe that these four could actually have known each other before the show.  Their town population is less than 9K.  Whitney was in color guard in high school and the other three were involved in the dance team.  They might not be actual friends but they are probably more than strangers.  

Edited by ichbin
clarity
  • Love 6

I thought it was ironic that Diamond complained she couldn’t understand the ceremony in Spanglish when everything she said has to be captioned. 

Yaya had such an odd body type.  The suit he wore at his wedding looked way too big on him and everything else he wore also looked ill fitting. I wonder if he was in the process of losing a lot of weight. I kept yelling at the tv for someone to lend him a button down shirt and tie to wea to the other weddings.

• Love 5

I kept yelling at the tv for someone to lend him a button down shirt and tie to wea to the other weddings

My husband noticed this and couldn't stop talking about it. lol

People who complain about others that "copying" them - irk me.  LOL at the bride who came in last.

• Love 5

I saw a rerun of a bride who was Syrian and her theme was East meets West or something, and she had a different name, lol.  OMG she was obsessed with flowers!  Not enough flowers, wrong size of flowers, no flowers in the church, not enough fragrance on the flowers......she came in third.  

I may duck tomatoes, but I saw Cami (bacon bride) again and she did not seem so snotty the second time around!!!

• Love 1
On 1/15/2019 at 12:40 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I saw a rerun of a bride who was Syrian and her theme was East meets West or something, and she had a different name, lol.  OMG she was obsessed with flowers!  Not enough flowers, wrong size of flowers, no flowers in the church, not enough fragrance on the flowers......she came in third.  

I may duck tomatoes, but I saw Cami (bacon bride) again and she did not seem so snotty the second time around!!!

I never thought she was that bad. the one who bugged me on that episode was the princess.

1 hour ago, peggy06 said:

I never thought she was that bad. the one who bugged me on that episode was the princess.

Was she the one with an actual castle?  Yes, she bugged too and I would have scored her low not because her princess theme was suited for a six year old's party but that reception site had no A/C.  I bet they toured it in March or whenever, thought "Wow this is PERFECT!" then had a reception in July or August with 100 or so people and no A/C.  I would be very uncomfortable and probably leave early.

B-L-A-N bride never disappoints:  " I am giving her a 3 because I was not offered floss."  WTF?

• Love 3

(...and Some Two-Steppin'), first run episode tonight.  I just can't with the botox blonde and her 700 guest, 28 attendants. 3 gown wedding.  What was up with Lindsi and her fiance's mismatched fashion at that wedding?  He was in formal morning wear and she had on black stirrup tights, sneakers and a silver cocktail dress.  She dressed up more at the other weddings though.   Another bride whose breasts I feared would spill out of her gown.  Don't get me started on those hair extensions that looked progressively worse as the show went on.

The second wedding (Melinda, the bar manager) seemed nice.  I would be delighted to attend an event with all those food choices.  Still, I don't like to mingle and would rather have a table with an ensured seat. 

Ashli, the third bride...it was okay.  The carrot cake looked good.  Would like to know if the chicken was as bad as two of them claimed.  Lindsi cleaned her plate so I presume it was edible.  

Lindsi's gown, hair, and make-up really worked at her wedding.  They seemed to personalize their wedding the best too.  

These four kept down the snark and bitchiness so I wonder if they actually were more than just briefly acquainted.  I guessed right for 3rd and 4th place, but wasn't sure between 1 & 2.  Both had a good shot at winning.  So overall, no real drama and four perfectly fine events.  

I simply don't understand the need to spend a ton of money on a big, fancy wedding with all the trappings when the couple has children.  I'm not saying they shouldn't celebrate, but expenses like a wedding dress (or dresses), bouquets, and that sort of thing seem extravagant for middle class people who will have plenty of child related expenses.  At least spend the money on a family trip or something else.  I guess I'm just too practical.

Edited by ichbin
Post was repeated for some reason. Got rid of the double.
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, GrannySmith said:

I missed the first few minutes of the show. Did they announce the ages of the brides?  I thought the Botox blonde looked like she was in her 40s.

No mention of age aside from Lindsi being 10 years older then Clint.   I wondered about the botox blonde too.  I would say somewhere between late 30's and early 40's.  

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, GrannySmith said:

I missed the first few minutes of the show. Did they announce the ages of the brides?  I thought the Botox blonde looked like she was in her 40s. 

Well, she’s been getting Botox for 13 years so I hope she’s in her 40s.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, rlc said:

Well, she’s been getting Botox for 13 years so I hope she’s in her 40s.

I bet that babe is pushing the big 50!  Her face is like a rubber band!  What did her new husband do?  That house is a mcmansion!  

I really enjoyed the show and hope there are many more!

• Love 4

I missed the first two weddings, but I thought Lindsi's wedding was great. It really was personalized for them, and they are a pretty cute couple. Loved the party atmosphere and the guestbook board. I didn't love the comment about the food not being fancy enough. It wasn't a super fancy wedding, so it fit the theme and decor.

I didn't really care for the woman who won but her wedding must have been nice.

The fiances and husbands always look so uncomfortable on this show, lol.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I bet that babe is pushing the big 50!  Her face is like a rubber band!  What did her new husband do?  That house is a mcmansion!  

I really enjoyed the show and hope there are many more!

Botox blonde’s new husband owns (or works at) a car dealership. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ichbin said:

(...and Some Two-Steppin'), first run episode tonight.  I just can't with the botox blonde and her 700 guest, 28 attendants. 3 gown wedding.  What was up with Lindsi and her fiance's mismatched fashion at that wedding?  He was in formal morning wear and she had on black stirrup tights, sneakers and a silver cocktail dress.  She dressed up more at the other weddings though.   Another bride whose breasts I feared would spill out of her gown.  Don't get me started on those hair extensions that looked progressively worse as the show went on.

The second wedding (Melinda, the bar manager) seemed nice.  I would be delighted to attend an event with all those food choices.  Still, I don't like to mingle and would rather have a table with an ensured seat. 

Ashli, the third bride...it was okay.  The carrot cake looked good.  Would like to know if the chicken was as bad as two of them claimed.  Lindsi cleaned her plate so I presume it was edible.  

Lindsi's gown, hair, and make-up really worked at her wedding.  They seemed to personalize their wedding the best too.  

These four kept down the snark and bitchiness so I wonder if they actually were more than just briefly acquainted.  I guessed right for 3rd and 4th place, but wasn't sure between 1 & 2.  Both had a good shot at winning.  So overall, no real drama and four perfectly fine events.  

I simply don't understand the need to spend a ton of money on a big, fancy wedding with all the trappings when the couple has children.  I'm not saying they shouldn't celebrate, but expenses like a wedding dress (or dresses), bouquets, and that sort of thing seem extravagant for middle class people who will have plenty of child related expenses.  At least spend the money on a family trip or something else.  I guess I'm just too practical.

That Botox blonde really annoyed me. And I don’t get having 700 people at your wedding and 14 bridesmaids and groomsmen. I was trying to figure out how old she was. When I saw her parents, I figured she must be in her 40s. The woman Melinda who won seemed alright and her wedding seemed nice but I liked Lyndsi’s better.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:54 PM, Koalagirl said:

I thought it was ironic that Diamond complained she couldn’t understand the ceremony in Spanglish when everything she said has to be captioned. 

Yaya had such an odd body type.  The suit he wore at his wedding looked way too big on him and everything else he wore also looked ill fitting. I wonder if he was in the process of losing a lot of weight. I kept yelling at the tv for someone to lend him a button down shirt and tie to wea to the other weddings.

And I think Yaya wore that same burgundy casual top twice. It was distracting.

On 1/13/2019 at 4:15 AM, NowVoyager said:

Finally! I got to watch this show after not seeing it in months! It's not On Demand & the OWN channel is showing old episodes. Tonight I was able to watch a late night repeat after I got in from dinner.

I didn't mind the ~$10,000 budgets. I just like the budgets to be similar when we're judging weddings against each other.

I felt bad for Whitney, the bride whose turn out was impacted by the hurricane. Poor thing! I thought she had a real, down home, church wedding--- some of her guests were in plaid shirts & jeans. That's real life! Some of your loved ones may not have tuxedo rental money, but if they show up during a hurricane to love on you & bless your union---who cares! I do think she got less for her money than the winning bride, though, particularly with the decor. Whitney concerned me. On the one hand, it was refreshing to see such a humble bride; on the otherhand, I thought she put herself down unnecessarily at times... she needs some B Complex vitamins in her life. 

Diamond: Ahem, I admired her confidence in wearing, basically a leotard with a sheer skirt for her wedding dance. That's all I'm gonna say about that... She was pretty snarky, so I wasn't upset that she finished last.

The winning bride did a lot with her ~$8,500.65 under budget wedding. She made me hungry for crawfish & her husband clearly adores her. Oohh! They get to go to St. Lucia! I've been there before; it was gorgeous & the locals were lovely & very classy. Someone in my party said the terrain resembled Hawaii, although I wouldn't know. One thing: the island is rather conservative for the Caribbean. There was an awkward moment the first night when our group showed up for dinner (& hadn't read the hotel manual.) Well, not me. I was dressed appropriately. IJS. Gentlemen were expected to wear pants, not shorts, not jeans. & ladies were expected to wear skirts or dresses, & no, your sarong doesn't count. 

I hope I can continue to catch this series. I've really missed reading your comments! 💞

Granted that Virgin bride was rude but the dancing at Latosha’s wedding was too over the top.

I felt bad for Whitney especially since she was the nicest bride.

Um no offense but I didn’t need to see Diamond in that outfit.

• Love 2

With the latest episode, I realized it's fun to play F---, Marry, Kill (or perhaps F---, Marry, Kill, Forget since there are four brides). F--- would definitely be snowboard bride. She seemed super fun, her husband was ADORABLE (I loved his outfits), and she's marrying a guy years her junior? My idol. You go, girl! Marry would be the one whose husband had ear gauges. Despite her saying she's OCD, if you can withstand ear gauges, you're willing to take the good and take the bad. They seemed like a very dedicated couple. Forget would actually be the one who won. I liked the big photos and the club venue seemed interesting, but she herself was just kinda meh. And of course Kill goes to the over-inflated aging Barbie doll. To put her out of her (and everyone who has to look at her) misery. "If there were a category for Best Face, I'd win!" Bitch, are you serious? If she gets any more feline in her appearance she'll have to start wearing sweaters with humans on them.

From the previous ep with the non-dancing virgin bride, I was disgusted by her husband's apparel at each wedding. Do not tell me you can't afford to buy ONE collared shirt, or even a nice sweater. Then at the end when they do the totally unprompted (*eyeroll*) couple's cutesy interaction behind the score breakdown, I realized what an, uh, unusual body type he has. Somethin' ain't right with that couple, somethin' just ain't right.

• Love 4

I think the show tried their best to downplay this nugget, but I caught the brides at least a couple times mentioning the fact that regardless of who won, they were all going on the big honeymoon together.  I'm wondering if they had an off-the-record agreement that they would all go together and maybe the winner would help defray the others' costs?  I actually like that idea - it would make the competitive aspect a little more relaxed so they could all enjoy the weddings knowing they would enjoy the group honeymoon as well. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

And of course Kill goes to the over-inflated aging Barbie doll. To put her out of her (and everyone who has to look at her) misery. "If there were a category for Best Face, I'd win!" Bitch, are you serious? If she gets any more feline in her appearance she'll have to start wearing sweaters with humans on them.

On. The. Floor.

LOL!

• Love 3

I watched one episode this season, there was a religious virgin bride marrying some guy who was a singer and he sang during the ceremony...it was awful and I am not sure how people did not fall over laughing. Her dress was beautiful but it looked a little racy for the virgin bride.  She also stated that they had never danced because of their religion but they danced at their wedding, so which is it?  Did they depart from their religion and now they can dance or are they ignoring some church rule?

The other bride I was embarrassed for was the bride that danced for her new husband in a leotard with a tulle dress on top, it was not a good look and neither was the dance.  

It was interesting that they all had the same budget or close to it, I always thought it was unfair to compare weddings that are tens of thousands of dollars different.  

• Love 2
On 1/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, ichbin said:

I just can't with the botox blonde and her 700 guest, 28 attendants. 3 gown wedding. 

I am watching this on Demand, blonde girl is looking for a car, a two door car and she has 3 kids...fiance was going on about what a great mother she is to her kids.  How do you justify a sports car when you have kids?  Fifty grand for a wedding when college looms for three kids, oy.  I got the feeling that blondie likes a lot of attention.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

I don't want to spoil tonight's episode but I felt sorry for Sarah.

From the opening scene something felt off. I didn't buy for one second he was in love with her. I also think the bride who was always texting him and continued to work with him after had an inappropriate relationship with him. 

• Love 3

"...and some sweating for the wedding."  First run episode 1/27/19

Whoa!  That was a very different episode.  I really disliked Sarah during the first two weddings and was already hoping she would place last, but I wouldn't wish that kind of humiliation on her.  I have to say, afterward she seemed great.  Self-deprecating and aware.  

Timing on this one was weird.  The first two weddings seemed to be during warm temperatures.  The t-shirt Sarah picked up indicated her wedding was supposed to take place on 11/25/17.  She and her fiance were still together for filming around September/October judging by the apple picking scene so Evan breaking it off five weeks before the wedding seems true.  I have lots of questions about Megan's wedding. In no way do I believe that it came about the way the show pretends.  First of all, it looked like she got married during warm weather which makes her wedding probably at least seven months after the first two weddings. Sure, the cameras just happened to be there when she called and the others offered to a plan her event.  Pretty sure that was all production manipulation in order to salvage the episode since two contestants bailed late.

Tracey & Zach (the holy virgins) seemed sweet, but the way she took her loss seemed really outrageous given what Sarah had endured.  

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Boofish said:

I also think the bride who was always texting him and continued to work with him after had an inappropriate relationship with him. 

What the hell was that about? She's not Sarah's friend.

3 hours ago, ichbin said:

I have lots of questions about Megan's wedding. In no way do I believe that it came about the way the show pretends.  First of all, it looked like she got married during warm weather which makes her wedding probably at least seven months after the first two weddings. Sure, the cameras just happened to be there when she called and the others offered to a plan her event.  Pretty sure that was all production manipulation in order to salvage the episode since two contestants bailed late.

Tracey & Zach (the holy virgins) seemed sweet, but the way she took her loss seemed really outrageous given what Sarah had endured.  

I agree. Something is off regarding Megan's wedding. Maybe production found out they were already married and wanted to salvage the episode?

Was Tracey the bride who still trained with Sarah's Ex? If so, karma's a bitch.

• Love 2