Type keyword(s) to search

Four Weddings - General Discussion

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Ceremony: The Sistine Chapel will be overflowing with tulle bows everywhere and every cut flower grown in Holland. I will make my entrance exactly on time. The ring bearer will not be a stupid dog. My winning wedding will be devoid of outdoor events.

Groom: A cardboard cut out will suffice.

Color scheme: NOT pink.

Food: Mashed potatoes, mac'n'cheese, pasta with bland cream sauce, chicken nuggets, meatballs, overdone steak, bacon and roasted vegetables. No spices!!! The food will be scalding hot, I don't want to hear complaints about cold food or there will be hell to pay. There will be one cook/waiter per person so that no one waits more than 5 minutes to eat.

Dessert: The Godiva bar. Thousands of Godiva chocolates to choose from.

Cake: There are never complains about the cake, I'm going to save a bundle by getting several trays of Deep'N'Delicious frozen cake, pile them up, top the mound with a wedding figurine and decorate with a few flowers made of frosting.

Venue: Versailles' Hall of Mirrors will be closed to the public for my nuptials. Since the competing brides are sure to find it too barren, I will make sure to have centerpieces so large and flower-laden that a crane will be needed to lay them out on the steel-reinforced tables. How will I pay for this? With the money I save on the food, of course.

The other brides are gonna dock you for making them walk from Italy to France in heels! Now, if you throw in color-coordinated flip-flops you might have a shot.

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:55 PM, HighHopes said:

Two of the "best friends" had the same dress, except one ended up adding sleeves to it. Which caused drama for the bride who added sleeves to it (as her wedding was second). Added Sleeves bride critiqued another bride for having a Pad Thai station at her wedding because "it can be a little risky having random exotic foods at your wedding", and she proceeded to serve mac and cheese and chicken nuggets at her wedding. Added Sleeves Bride came in second. 

Shockingly, the bride with the "unlimited budget" (who still had a buffet supper) came in first while the bride who had a $10,000 budget came in last.

If Added Sleeves Bride hadn't made a big deal about "OMG IT'S THE SAME DRESS I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD COMMENT ON IT" I doubt anyone would have realized it's the same dress. Ball gown with some lace? Dime a dozen. 

Your nickname use, gave me a good laugh "Added Sleeves Bride". Seriously that didn't look like the same dress to me. Not to mention, didn't she complain at all the weddings?

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

My theme was "We Are Getting Married."  Personally, when I see a woman obsessed with Disney, wearing a princess gown, being a princess and serving cupcakes at a wedding reception I think I am in a child's birthday party by mistake.  Also, now showers need a theme, too!!  "Beauty and the Beast" and "Alice in Wonderland" seem to be biggies.  

To be fair, I get a lot of people ordering cupcakes for weddings-along with a small tiered cake for them to cut-because many places charge for cutting the cake($1-$5 for each slice). That can add up. Why spend money-on cutting a cake-when you can spend it on having quality food?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I saw Dr. Pimple Popper (makes me sick just typing that) on the schedule but no Four Weddings... ?

Yeah, I see a rerun but no new episode. And Dr. Gross-out is not a show I will ever watch.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I also can't even watch the commercials. There must be some strong stomachs out there as it seems like a popular show.

Raising hand softly.......I like that show!!  I feel so satisfied when she cleans out all that gunk!!!

• Love 3

I just watched the episode with the famous "Those who didn't RSVP may see themselves to the deck" - Tanisha was that bride, fyi.  I think what flew under the radar were the ages of Sarah, her groom and their combined kids.  Sarah was 21, Groom was 34, his son was 16, their little son was 3.  Wow!!  He was a teen dad then got her pregnant a bit young, too, and she was underage as well.  I think the fact that she was taller than him took up some chatter but I was reaching for my calculator, lol!

I liked Ricky Dea - she was on a $7000 budget so I was all in, lol.  Of course she came in fourth.  

Tanisha, the third place bride was a little over the top with "entertainment" as she brought in a dance troop, herself included) so she was bored if there was no entertainment!  I guess sitting and chatting with your guests is not enough for her!

Amy the bling bride came in first.

• Love 3
On 1/22/2015 at 10:02 PM, NikSac said:

I think the candy stations and photo booths are kind of cheesy but they do seem fun, and I like that the brides who do those are thinking of their guests.

If I were attending a wedding where children were guests, and there was a candy station?   I would pass  -too many germy hands on that candy, lol!!!!  

The only wedding that looked like fun this past week-was the first. The bride looked great too. The two brides who wore the same dress- the sleeveless dress was over accessorized. Thought the flower wreath headpiece on the sleeve bride was too big. My interest in this show is waning-never thought I'd feel that way. Thank God for DVR. I can fast forward through the interminable stories. When is the wealthy, tacky group gonna show up? Can't bring the snark because it would be meanspirited. The show is too long- a ruthless editor is needed. The concept of strangers rating your wedding was key to the success of the previous shows. It's now too easy to skew the results for each other. This season has been a failed experiment- too bad.

• Love 7

Just saw a rerun in Pittsburg - so we all know what that means!!  Lots and LOTS of references to the Steelers and the Pirates.  Micah won (she was the girl) not to be confused with Tyler, another girl.  We had the standard goth type girl with a Friday the 13th wedding.  Not my thing and she placed fourth.  Not everyone wants a appetizer that looks like a bloody finger.  Super Sporty Girl came in fourth.  Too bad but she was a hoot at all the weddings!!

I can't chap too much on having your reception at PNC Park, where the Pirates play as I am sure my older son would have a wedding reception at Target field here in Mpls someday if he could, lol!

On 8/26/2018 at 12:30 AM, ichbin said:

It might have been unlimited, but it was far from extravagant.  It was like saying I had an unlimited budget for decorating but then going to Big Lots to make my purchases.  The first girl's (foodie couple) wedding looked more expensive.

I don't buy these four meeting and hitting it off at the cupcake stand.  I suspect they were recruited at that bridal expo. It seemed like only two, at most had any possible connection outside of being on this show.

Buxom brides should stay clear of strapless gowns. 

Pad Thai is exotic in the Jacksonville, FL area? I doubt it. Some of the girls on this show are so complacent with their lifestyles. It's like they're scared to be curious or experiment with new things. Their loss.

Did someone intentionally choose the slowest horse in the barn to pull the carriage during that last wedding?  

I think the oldest bride had it in for the youngest bride, the one that won. She said some pretty rude comments about her throughout, like 'she likes to drink too much, she's very young, I've been there, done that', I thought the younger one got a little tipsy, but so what? It was at a wedding and she wasn't acting crazy or rude or obnoxious. Also, they made a big deal about her having the same dress as the last bride, but is that her fault? They acted as if she purposely stole the dress out from under the Country Bride. How did she know what dress that last bride would wear unless the last bride told everyone the model #, name, designer, etc, and showed a picture of it to everyone ahead of time, and why would she do that? The Older Bride said something like, 'the last bride wore it best', in a definitive , kind of mean way, like she was fighting for her friend or something. Ummm, no she didn't. That dress did nothing for her and looked much bettter on the second bride with 'unlimited budget'. 'Unlimited Budget' had mediocre food, limited apps, no candy, dessert bar, no chocolate fountain, no ice cream bar, no midnight food truck/Sunday NYT, no dj dancers, no take home/gift bags, no lights with her name on the walls or dance floors, she didn't show up in a Bentley or Rolls, and very modest too-small centerpieces. I think there were a couple of roses maybe? Certainly no orchids or lillies or anything 'unlimited budget'. I've been to bar mitzvahs with more bells and whistles. She definitely had a budget. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, I had last minute carnations as my centerpieces when I got married 21 years ago and we paid for everything ourselves, and were saving for a house. So our budget was definitely limited.)

Older Golf Bride's wedding looked like a nightmare that I would be forced to attend out of some obligation. Ugh. Dark, cold, boring as shit golf doesn't belong at a wedding. Uncomfortable, weird dance floor set-up with too-bright lights, unappetizing-looking food (the food scenes on these shows usually make me so hungry, not at this one!) Her dress made her look terrible. Does she not own a mirror? Cute bolero jacket would have done wonders for her. What is this obsession with strapless. And sweetheart necklines? There are other necklines, people! (The MOST gorgeous dress I ever saw on this show was a bride that wore a vintage, 50s tea length dress with a full skirt and yes, sleeves. It. Was. Stunning. So elegant, she looked like she came off a Grace Kelly movie. If I could do it over again....sigh....)

Country Bride looked like Pinterest threw up all over that barn! Oh my! And some might think that displaying the grandmother's wedding gown was cool, I thought it was creepy...interesting, but creepy. The mismatched china was beautiful, but the way she layed the table was funny. You don't stack the tea cup and it's saucer right on top of the salad plate, you dolt! Lol lol! I know little about formal, victorian place settings with the millions of forks and finger bowls, etc, but even I could see how silly that looked. Cup and saucer to the right behind the water goblet. And where was the water glass? At the bar, I guess...

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Just saw a rerun in Pittsburg - so we all know what that means!!  Lots and LOTS of references to the Steelers and the Pirates.  Micah won (she was the girl) not to be confused with Tyler, another girl.  We had the standard goth type girl with a Friday the 13th wedding.  Not my thing and she placed fourth.  Not everyone wants a appetizer that looks like a bloody finger.  Super Sporty Girl came in fourth.  Too bad but she was a hoot at all the weddings!!

I can't chap too much on having your reception at PNC Park, where the Pirates play as I am sure my older son would have a wedding reception at Target field here in Mpls someday if he could, lol!

Just saw this (DVR'd); surprised sporty bride came in fourth given Friday the 13th bride's gory decor & crap by the food. She was a bit bitchy too. I was glad Micah won. I'm not a sports fan so the excessive sportiness of two of the weddings did nothing for me.

I think I preferred the "... and a chork" episode for Pittsburgh brides. Didn't the sporty bride in that one have her reception at the same stadium? I was glad that one came in fourth & boy was she bitchy about it LOL.

• Love 1
On 2018-09-01 at 8:14 AM, Patrizio said:

My interest in this show is waning-never thought I'd feel that way. Thank God for DVR. I can fast forward through the interminable stories. When is the wealthy, tacky group gonna show up? Can't bring the snark because it would be meanspirited. The show is too long- a ruthless editor is needed. The concept of strangers rating your wedding was key to the success of the previous shows. It's now too easy to skew the results for each other. This season has been a failed experiment- too bad.

Same here! I really enjoyed the old version.  I don’t care about their backgrounds or personal stories.  Show me the weddings!   ?

• Love 1
On 8/29/2018 at 3:33 AM, novemberjenny said:

Well next week’s episode is girls from a dance team. Should be interesting! 

THIS IS NOT SHOWING UP ON MY TIFAUX SCHEDULE ... This is a national emergency.

ETA: Did a little nosing around and apparently ... dramatic pause ... they've simply yanked the show. No dance team. No nothing. It's off the air and there is nothing about it on the TLC site or anything. It was on the schedule/guide and now it's not and they're airing other shows in its place. 

We need to put our heads together here and figure out where we can kvetch and klatch and bitch and snark together now!!! You are my FRAMILY!

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

ETA: Did a little nosing around and apparently ... dramatic pause ... they've simply yanked the show. No dance team. No nothing. It's off the air and there is nothing about it on the TLC site or anything. It was on the schedule/guide and now it's not and they're airing other shows in its place. 

Interesting!  I had seen a few positive comments about the new format, but not very many.  I think TV Guide is indicating that older episodes are being shown.  

Maybe they can do something about Say Yes to the Dress!

Edited by WarnerCL45
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Just saw this (DVR'd); surprised sporty bride came in fourth given Friday the 13th bride's gory decor & crap by the food. She was a bit bitchy too. I was glad Micah won. I'm not a sports fan so the excessive sportiness of two of the weddings did nothing for me.

I think I preferred the "... and a chork" episode for Pittsburgh brides. Didn't the sporty bride in that one have her reception at the same stadium? I was glad that one came in fourth & boy was she bitchy about it LOL.

That second one was at Heinz field, where the Steelers play.  PNC Park is the Pirates.  My chiropractor and his girlfriend/assistant were guests at the PNC Park wedding :)

• Love 1
On 8/27/2018 at 10:09 PM, Enigma X said:

Honestly, sometimes a theme works for me but most times the event loses all significance because it is lost in the theme. My problem with themes on Four Weddings is they usually overshadow the reason the couple is there. But, the more I watch I realize that the "theme" is considered part of their originality score. (I am not sure if I am making sense.)

I believe in the old format they didn't have an "originality" score - I feel like that has been added to give leeway to the skull brides and other bad ideas.

On 8/19/2018 at 5:17 PM, Jodie Landon said:

I don't think Jaye had a dry wedding for her sober family members, but because she couldn't afford alcohol or wasn't willing to increase her budget. Jaye came across as fake to me. Even if the winery served food on plastic plates she could have rented dinnerware. Also, in the beginning I think I heard her bragging not only about the horse and carriage, but also a Bentley and neither one ended up being at the wedding. If I'm wrong and she really did do it for her family, a winery is not the place for a dry wedding. It's akin to having a pizza party with no pizza or a fashion show with no fashions.

She reminded me of Omarosa with her calm, overly slow and measured way of speaking.  And after hearing about all she had done and what a control freak she was, I was shocked that everything she did was so tacky.

I thought the Georgia Peach lesbian bride was probably a bitter bunny in the end when her partner gave the final TH - I've never seen it not done by the bride, rather than the groom/partner.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, princelina said:

I believe in the old format they didn't have an "originality" score - I feel like that has been added to give leeway to the skull brides and other bad ideas.

But in th old format, they went on and on about themes, and how something did not follow a theme, so we gave them a 4. The judging on the theme is not new to this overly long format at all.

11 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

THIS IS NOT SHOWING UP ON MY TIFAUX SCHEDULE ... This is a national emergency.

We need to put our heads together here and figure out where we can kvetch and klatch and bitch and snark together now!!! You are my FRAMILY!

There's a new one scheduled to air on the 15th.

2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

There's a new one scheduled to air on the 15th.

Where are you seeing that (she asked hopefully)? I do remember seeing it listed a while back but now I can't find it anywhere and the Facebook group said that it appeared all "new" episodes that had not yet run had all been pulled off ... as of last night, the "dance team" episode slated as the next new show was not on the TLC page or on TV Guide site. Hopefully they'll at least keep running and re-running the first 9 seasons of one-hour shows to give us our fix!

On 9/3/2018 at 10:28 AM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Where are you seeing that (she asked hopefully)? I do remember seeing it listed a while back but now I can't find it anywhere and the Facebook group said that it appeared all "new" episodes that had not yet run had all been pulled off ... as of last night, the "dance team" episode slated as the next new show was not on the TLC page or on TV Guide site. Hopefully they'll at least keep running and re-running the first 9 seasons of one-hour shows to give us our fix!

I just googled “four weddings tv schedule” and it came right up...maybe because it’s 2 weeks out—or was when I searched my DVR schedule—that that’s the reason it’s not coming up on my tv listings?...

• Love 1
On 9/2/2018 at 8:49 PM, cpcathy said:

Go back to the format, TLC, and we can be friends again.

Here! Here! Couldn’t agree more. As someone upthread said, thank God for DVR. I FF thru all the boring back story’s and don’t care about the grooms, just the wedding part. 

On the newest episode I think the right bride won. I thought the dress looked better on her and her food looked better too. 

• Love 1

I thought the bitter pissing and moaning about their having the same wedding gown was BS drama ... even if they'd been identical, without Added Sleeves (TM to whoever came up with the capitals!), WTF cares? The ONLY people who would be at both weddings other than the two brides will be the OTHER two brides (and I guess their husbands maybe?) ... Pick the gown you love and assume that there will be other brides somewhere in this world who have the same one. Big. Effing. Deal.

To be in such a snit makes it seem like the competition is more important than being the most beautiful you you can be on Your! Big! Day! People will have the same main course (okay, almost EVERYONE will have the same main course if this series is any indication of menus), the same color scheme, the same venue ... DEAL WITH IT! In fact, let that inspire you to show you can wear it better LOL. It shows that at least one other bride thinks your gown is GORGEOUS.

By the way, I would NEVER have recognized it was the same gown if Destiny with the Pepsodent smile and creepy Marie Osmond look hadn't mentioned with her little sneer that Holly had stolen her dress (and BTW I thought it was MUCH more beautiful unadorned and sleeveless than with those frumpy Added Sleeves).  

• Love 3

I didn't think her sleeves were frumpy; seemed like she did a good job with it. I'm so sick of sleeveless dresses, & thought the way she altered her gown made it more suited for her theme, which I also thought was done well.

That said both of the 'same dresses' brides were snippy about it, which could've been contrived. I agree it wasn't a big deal though, as the dresses looked so different.

• Love 1
On 9/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I did not like Steeler bride at all!!!! but she really pulled off the theme well without crossing the line into tacky.  I really liked it but I'm glad she lost. My favorite college team, Pitt, plays there. If Four Weddings isn't on Saturday, tune into the Pitt - Penn State game and look for me, I'll be wearing a Pitt t-shirt ?

• Love 2
On 9/4/2018 at 1:04 PM, VedaPierce said:

I just googled “four weddings tv schedule” and it came right up...maybe because it’s 2 weeks out—or was when I searched my DVR schedule—that that’s the reason it’s not coming up on my tv listings?...

I just checked my schedule for the 9/15 and the only thing showing is My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding reruns for the entire evening.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:15 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I posted about a show I suspect would interest some of the same people who like Four Weddings in the Small Talk thread.  

On 9/4/2018 at 4:20 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

By the way, I would NEVER have recognized it was the same gown if Destiny with the Pepsodent smile and creepy Marie Osmond look hadn't mentioned with her little sneer that Holly had stolen her dress (and BTW I thought it was MUCH more beautiful unadorned and sleeveless than with those frumpy Added Sleeves).  

On 9/4/2018 at 5:15 PM, gonecrackers said:

I didn't think her sleeves were frumpy; seemed like she did a good job with it. I'm so sick of sleeveless dresses, & thought the way she altered her gown made it more suited for her theme, which I also thought was done well.

That said both of the 'same dresses' brides were snippy about it, which could've been contrived. I agree it wasn't a big deal though, as the dresses looked so different.

I thought the sleeves were a bit frumpy, but I also thought she looked very pretty and the sleeved dress did seem to "fit her personality" as they all love to say :). She also built the dress up in the back, whereas the first bride had a low-cut back lined in the sparkles.  Even hearing that it was the same dress multiple times failed to convince me - they looked very different! If Destiny had worn it in the original version, she probably would have looked chunky and back-fatty, like the older Holly did.  

Amazingly - since the new format, this is the first episode where 2 brides didn't share a venue or a wedding planner - just a dress!

• Love 3

Need help here (it's probably somewhere in this thread but hopefully someone remembers off the top of their head) ... watched a rerun last night (it was TiFauxed) of, I think, Volcano (I know Volcano is one of the ones I watched but not 100% sure it was the same one I'm asking about) ...

I know one of the brides was pretty Nicole whom I adored (the one who hated the glass-clinking and I think was AmerAsian) ... and it cut off before they announced the winner or the destination ... can anyone tell me who won and where they went? They flashed the destination photo a few times and it looked very familiar but they didn't have the little "pay ad" in the corner.

Need help here (it's probably somewhere in this thread but hopefully someone remembers off the top of their head) ... watched a rerun last night (it was TiFauxed) of, I think, Volcano (I know Volcano is one of the ones I watched but not 100% sure it was the same one I'm asking about) ...

I know one of the brides was pretty Nicole whom I adored (the one who hated the glass-clinking and I think was AmerAsian) ... and it cut off before they announced the winner or the destination ... can anyone tell me who won and where they went? They flashed the destination photo a few times and it looked very familiar but they didn't have the little "pay ad" in the corner.

Just looked it up - Brittani, volcano bride won.  The volcano thing was silly, but I did like her dress the best.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Just looked it up - Brittani, volcano bride won.  The volcano thing was silly, but I did like her dress the best.

Thank you! I thought they were really cute too ... her husband was in the military, right? Or am I mixing them all up? I also loved the beach-themed wedding (I'm a sucker for starfish) and thought that bride (Jacque?) did a great job between her gown/jewelry and the decorations. I wasn't a big fan of the kinda bitchy one with the short bob but loved her dessert spread. 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap

Thank you! I thought they were really cute too ... her husband was in the military, right? Or am I mixing them all up? I also loved the beach-themed wedding (I'm a sucker for starfish) and thought that bride (Jacque?) did a great job between her gown/jewelry and the decorations. I wasn't a big fan of the kinda bitchy one with the short bob but loved her dessert spread. 

Funny I just saw that one recently but couldn't remember much of it.  I don't recall if he was military. Yeah the one with the bob was the 'bitchy one' (there's always at least one, right?). Can't recall the dessert spread. The beachy bride did do a good job as well. I think they all mostly got along pretty well too.

I think the "...and a Tour Bus" is on today - for some reason I really enjoyed that one. The cop who won was the biggest critic, as I recall; her gown was really lovely (even though strapless again). But that one bride who had the ex-stripper husband & it was his 4th marriage - damn for some reason I thought she was hilarious. She couldn't recall which wife she was gonna be to that guy - 3rd or 4th; think she settled on 4th LOL. Yeah, well good luck!

Loved the classic cars in that one too - the police car really hit it; I have to give her that too!

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Funny I just saw that one recently but couldn't remember much of it.  I don't recall if he was military. Yeah the one with the bob was the 'bitchy one' (there's always at least one, right?). Can't recall the dessert spread. The beachy bride did do a good job as well. I think they all mostly got along pretty well too.

I think the "...and a Tour Bus" is on today - for some reason I really enjoyed that one. The cop who won was the biggest critic, as I recall; her gown was really lovely (even though strapless again). But that one bride who had the ex-stripper husband & it was his 4th marriage - damn for some reason I thought she was hilarious. She couldn't recall which wife she was gonna be to that guy - 3rd or 4th; think she settled on 4th LOL. Yeah, well good luck!

Loved the classic cars in that one too - the police car really hit it; I have to give her that too!

I liked her too, I liked her wedding, they seemed like a really fun couple, and I hope that marriage #4 is the charm!

• Love 1

I was hopeful that we would get a new episode tonight but all I see tonight is a solid block of let's-be-appalled-at-how-trashy-the-gypsies-are. Does anyone have any intel on when/if any more new ones will air?

• Love 2

I was just watching episode 4-60 ...And A Phantom. The blonde lady just said, “What is that?” about the food on the plate. It was half a zucchini, and half a summer squash, and that is what she was told. She really didn’t know what zucchini was. In the interview thing, she said that she only eats “normal things” like broccoli. 

On 9/8/2018 at 9:15 PM, gonecrackers said:

Another pet peeve with strapless dresses is all that back cleavage - do they not see that?  Everyone else will.

I think they are told by many people it does not look good, perhaps see it themselves in a mirror but.....nope.  Gotta have the sleeveless. 

• Love 2