Type keyword(s) to search

Julie Chen: It's Cool If You Call Her Chenbot

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It's generally accepted that the only reason Julie has two shows on CBS is because she's married to the boss.  For example, what if some of the head honchos at CBS (not Moonves, of course) feel even though she's done a good job on Big Brother, someone else could bring in bigger ratings as host?  What if it's felt that someone else would be better suited on The Talk, or would be a better moderator than Julie?  A change will never happen as long as Moonves is in charge.    

Julie's set for life on CBS as long as her hubby is there.  

This is where I may diverge from the common thinking.  Julie’s relationship with Moonves almost certainly got her opportunities she wouldn’t have had otherwise, sure - but that’s only to the point of getting her foot in the door on those opportunities.  Since then, I’d argue that - on BB at least - Julie has succeeded in making the position her own, in making herself CBS’s public face of BB (I don’t watch The Talk, so I can’t comment on it).

As a corporation, CBS has one concern - its bottom line.  So on a corporate level, why would CBS take a chance on devaluing one of its arguably more popular, cost-effective shows by pulling its public face for actions with which she had zero direct contact?  At the very least - unless Julie’s BB contract had some very unusual language allowing her to be terminated without cause - she’d have one helluva wrongful termination lawsuit.  CBS would actually lose out twice; once in court on the lawsuit, and again (and possibly more significantly) in the court of public opinion, for their persecution of minority female for the actions of her husband.  At least, that’s the way I’d spin it if I were her lawyer.  :)

• Love 9
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why the fuck would they fire Julie for this? I don't get it.

Obviously it's HER fault that her husband is skeavy. Even though some of the allegations took place before she ever met him, as the woman in the relationship she's to blame. I would like to say I'm being sarcastic but there are people who still believe that men don't cheat (or harass unwilling partners) if she is doing her wifely duties.

A long time ago, Kathy Gifford (of Regis and Kathy) spoke publicly about the National Enquirer setting up her husband to have and affair and publishing the evidence. It's been too long to remember all the ins and outs, but there was evidence that it was planned by them and the Giffords won a lawsuit against them. They hired the woman to seduce him and she was successful. Kathy was blamed for his infidelity and it was suggested that she should have kept their sex life exciting if she didn't want him to stray. You know, because men can't be expected to control themselves.

I'm guessing they won't be able to fire her, but may not renew any contract as they expire and/or make it miserable to work there. They shouldn't, but I don't have any faith that they will treat her as separate from her husband. Many of the stories that have been coming out have the alleged victims being blacklisted, which may also happen to Julie since the CBS/Viacom is getting so heated and it's another way to hurt him.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Christina said:

Obviously it's HER fault that her husband is skeavy. 

Ahhhhhh, the old "gospel according to Sam" ploy.

10 hours ago, green said:

Really. That he held down one of the women and tried to mount her until she told him no isn't serious?

Now that is sexual assault. No question.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh for goodness sake.

Blame, blame, blame.   

Why do the past actions of Julie Chen or Kathy Gifford have anything to do with the fact that their husbands misbehave?  I can see the point that if a man cheats on his wife then remarries he's going to cheat on his new wife as well. He's pretty much proven that. But it's certainly no fault of the women involved that the man chooses to cheat in the first (or second, or fifth, or eighth) place.

ETA:  Slut shaming ( warranted or not) is not never an appropriate response to a man being charged with sexual harassment or assault.  Even if it's a honey trap the man still has the  choice to participate or not.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 15

Their are allegations of Les kissing or trying to get a kiss aggressively.   That, to me, is a far cry from rape or assault worthy of punishment.  Bad behavior yes, horrific, no.   I don’t automatically believe all victim accounts, nor do I dismiss them.  I do wonder about the accuracy in the retelling of some.  Why now after 20 years is an aggressive kiss worthy of destroying a man’s life and career?   

• Love 6

If the allegations against Moonves are true, his actions did not take place because of anything Julie did or did not do, yet there are many comments suggesting that she needs to take a leave of absence from The View and Big Brother until a final determination is made about him. That is what some of us are calling bullshit. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Their are allegations of Les kissing or trying to get a kiss aggressively.   That, to me, is a far cry from rape or assault worthy of punishment.  Bad behavior yes, horrific, no.   I don’t automatically believe all victim accounts, nor do I dismiss them.  I do wonder about the accuracy in the retelling of some.  Why now after 20 years is an aggressive kiss worthy of destroying a man’s life and career?   

I think it’s horrific because it wasn’t consensual. This wasn’t like a romcom where a man grabbed the object of his affection, kissed her, and then she kissed him back because she felt the same way.Allegedly Moonves was being aggressive with women who clearly didn’t want his attention.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Christina said:

If the allegations against Moonves are true, his actions did not take place because of anything Julie did or did not do, yet there are many comments suggesting that she needs to take a leave of absence from The View and Big Brother until a final determination is made about him. That is what some of us are calling bullshit. 

Yes, I know and I agree.  Bull shit.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, green said:

Really. That he held down one of the women and tried to mount her until she told him no isn't serious?

This is not some dirt rag gossip stories. 

This story was researched and fact checked by the editors of the NY Times.  It was written by the Pulitzer Prize winning Times reporter who broke the Harvey Weinstein story.  He didn't put this together over night.  He has been working on it carefully for months.  He has 6 cases documented and well over 30 other people to back their stories and the whole culture under Mooves at CBS. 

This is the real deal.

Agreed, 100%. I am so confused at the effort to try and paint these situations like Moonves was just on dates with women, misjudged the situation, and went in for a kiss and was rebuffed. The allegations are nothing like that. The allegations are that these were work settings where a powerful executive shoved his tongue down women's throats, put his hand under their skirts, or literally mounted or tried to mount them. And in basically every case, the woman's career seemed to suffer after the fact. People are free to believe the allegations or not and certainly I can see how the amount of time that has passed could cause skepticism, but this isn't minor behavior by any means.  If an executive has slapped a few workers in the face, I cannot imagine (I hope not at least) that anyone would say, "welp, he/she hasn't beaten anyone with a baseball bat, so everyone should just chill." Why the difference when its sexual harassment/assault? Does rape have to occur for a situation to be considered serious. 

On the question of Julie, I don't think she should be held responsible for her husband's actions. However, if he is forced out, I would not be surprised if she left the network on her own. 

• Love 11

There is always more than one side to any story, yet with #metoo, there's only one.  While I don't believe women should automatically not be believed, I also don't think whatever they now say, 20 or more years after the fact, should be immediately taken as the absolute truth. Memory alters one's recollection of events and can often edit out the parts you don't want to recall. Like, for example, how you may have encouraged someone before you decided "no". 

And I wonder what Viacom had to do with this.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Sandiscot said:

There is always more than one side to any story, yet with #metoo, there's only one.  While I don't believe women should automatically not be believed, I also don't think whatever they now say, 20 or more years after the fact, should be immediately taken as the absolute truth. Memory alters one's recollection of events and can often edit out the parts you don't want to recall. Like, for example, how you may have encouraged someone before you decided "no". 

And I wonder what Viacom had to do with this.

I wonder about Viacom too.  The timing pings on my spidy radar. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It's generally accepted that the only reason Julie has two shows on CBS is because she's married to the boss.  For example, what if some of the head honchos at CBS (not Moonves, of course) feel even though she's done a good job on Big Brother, someone else could bring in bigger ratings as host?  What if it's felt that someone else would be better suited on The Talk, or would be a better moderator than Julie?  A change will never happen as long as Moonves is in charge.    

Julie's set for life on CBS as long as her hubby is there.  

Reality shows generally don't get celebrity hosts, just other reality show veterans and up and coming minor TV hosts. How could somebody be chosen as being better suited if Julie is already doing a solid job? I think she's a great host and does a good job on both shows. It would be a terrible injustice to punish her for whatever happens with her husband.

17 hours ago, Nashville said:

This is where I may diverge from the common thinking.  Julie’s relationship with Moonves almost certainly got her opportunities she wouldn’t have had otherwise, sure - but that’s only to the point of getting her foot in the door on those opportunities.  Since then, I’d argue that - on BB at least - Julie has succeeded in making the position her own, in making herself CBS’s public face of BB (I don’t watch The Talk, so I can’t comment on it).

As a corporation, CBS has one concern - its bottom line.  So on a corporate level, why would CBS take a chance on devaluing one of its arguably more popular, cost-effective shows by pulling its public face for actions with which she had zero direct contact?  At the very least - unless Julie’s BB contract had some very unusual language allowing her to be terminated without cause - she’d have one helluva wrongful termination lawsuit.  CBS would actually lose out twice; once in court on the lawsuit, and again (and possibly more significantly) in the court of public opinion, for their persecution of minority female for the actions of her husband.  At least, that’s the way I’d spin it if I were her lawyer.  :)

Agreed. 

13 hours ago, Christina said:

Obviously it's HER fault that her husband is skeavy. Even though some of the allegations took place before she ever met him, as the woman in the relationship she's to blame. I would like to say I'm being sarcastic but there are people who still believe that men don't cheat (or harass unwilling partners) if she is doing her wifely duties.

A long time ago, Kathy Gifford (of Regis and Kathy) spoke publicly about the National Enquirer setting up her husband to have and affair and publishing the evidence. It's been too long to remember all the ins and outs, but there was evidence that it was planned by them and the Giffords won a lawsuit against them. They hired the woman to seduce him and she was successful. Kathy was blamed for his infidelity and it was suggested that she should have kept their sex life exciting if she didn't want him to stray. You know, because men can't be expected to control themselves.

I'm guessing they won't be able to fire her, but may not renew any contract as they expire and/or make it miserable to work there. They shouldn't, but I don't have any faith that they will treat her as separate from her husband. Many of the stories that have been coming out have the alleged victims being blacklisted, which may also happen to Julie since the CBS/Viacom is getting so heated and it's another way to hurt him.

That sounds so unfair.

7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

There have been plenty of stories written about Moonves divorcing his wife and marrying Chen.  I don't think Chen is any innocent victim.

I don't think Kathy Lee Gifford is any innocent victim either.  How exactly did she end up married to Frank?

You are comparing apples to oranges here. Getting involved with someone that is going thru marriage difficulties and ultimately  getting married to them, is NOT the same as getting blamed for a spouse's sexual harassment/assaults. You might think they are morally equivalent but they are not legally comparable.

5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

All I said is that I don't believe Julie and Kathy Lee  are innocent victims.  I didn't blame them for anything.  That is my opinion.

There is no guarantee that the man will cheat again.  Nothing is 100%.

In generic terms.  If a married man cheats on his wife, then divorces,  and then marries the "other woman",  I have no sympathy if the"other woman" (new wife) gets cheated on.

She isn't a victim.  At one point she was the "other woman".  No one forced her to become the "other woman".  It was her choice.

When the shoe is on the other foot, at some point people have to own their own shit.

As long as that woman at one point wasn't the "other woman" I agree with you.

ETA:  If she was at one point the "other woman", she would have to be a complete idiot to think that she couldn't be cheated on.

Buzz words like "slut shaming" mean nothing to me.

I have yet to see any criminal complaint or charges brought forward in terms of sexual harassment or sexual assault.  Allegations yes, charges no.

Not the same, sorry, there are many reasons that someone cheats, doesn't mean they will do it to the new partner unless they are a serial philanderer. Sometimes a marriage just fails and the right person just happens to come along. 

3 hours ago, Christina said:

Complete bs. I can't imagine the husband of a woman accused of sexual assault/harassment would be in danger of losing his job. I hope that's wrong and she is judged strictly on her own merits. I really like Julie and I would be terribly disappointed if she left.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Christina said:

This. Seriously, can we leave Julie alone? Les is a pig. Unless we get some proof that Julie was pimping for Les, which we have NO reason to believe, we need to leave her the fuck alone. I, for one, really like our Chenbot overlord. Remember last year when she wore jeans once. Like she was trolling us. And it worked. I looked at the cat and said "Julie is wearing jeans!" and his eyes got very big.

• Love 15

How could somebody be chosen as being better suited if Julie is already doing a solid job? I think she's a great host and does a good job on both shows. It would be a terrible injustice to punish her for whatever happens with her husband.

I never said I wanted her replaced or she wasn't doing a solid job.  I said "what If" the head honchos wanted to replace her.  Hypothetical and all that.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I never said I wanted her replaced or she wasn't doing a solid job.  I said "what If" the head honchos wanted to replace her.  Hypothetical and all that.

It wasn't a personal dig at you - just a reaction to your comment that it's generally accepted that the only reason Julie has two jobs at CBS is because she's married to the boss. I am sure some people that work at CBS believe this, as do some outsiders, but I don't believe it's the majority, because she does a very good job. And you did suggest that somebody else could do a better job and I don't think there would be any big profile contenders to take over. Big Brother definitely has Julie's personality all over it. I suppose The View could find a good replacement but there have been so many personnel changes there, I think it would lose something without her. I haven't watched the show for a few years so I suppose it's possible she is no longer that integral. I used to really like watching her and Aisha, they were definitely my favourites.

Anyway, I have been reading Ronan Farrow's article and it is very damning, much worse than I expected. Given his solid reputation and the large number of people he interviewed, I think it looks clear that Moonves days are numbered. V

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/08/06/les-moonves-and-cbs-face-allegations-of-sexual-misconduct

Variety is wondering about her future too, but I think she should be secure at BB, given that she had the gig before they got involved.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/julie-chen-leslie-moonves-cbs-future-1202888951/

(edited)

Oh this does not sound good for Les.  I always wondered why I didn’t see more of Douglas outside of Indie films.  I know now. 

Edited by Wings

Reading the New Yorker Article I found myself wondering what Oprah Winfrey thought about this. She has a very prestigious and (I imagine) lucrative position with "60 Minutes."  If the information in Ronan Farrow's article is true, that Jeff Fager, EP of "60 Minutes" is one of the big offenders in all of this, that could make her look quite the hypocrite.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Reading the New Yorker Article I found myself wondering what Oprah Winfrey thought about this. She has a very prestigious and (I imagine) lucrative position with "60 Minutes."  If the information in Ronan Farrow's article is true, that Jeff Fager, EP of "60 Minutes" is one of the big offenders in all of this, that could make her look quite the hypocrite.

She probably didn't know about Jeff when she signed on.  She would be a hypocrite only if she knew and took the job anyway.  I very seriously doubt that she had any idea this was going on.  Sure looks like it was a well kept secret. 

This is affecting me profoundly.  Not about the actual abuse, we have heard plenty of that and much worse, as well.  It is about losing talented industry leaders at CBS, other networks and movie production companies.  It is just a matter of time before more are exposed.  My selfish angst is about my personal TV and movie viewing pleasure!   

Les has been lauded for his keen eye and skill with programing.   CBS has a good line up.  There is probably someone there to step into his place should he be fired but may lack the skill.    Just keep your mitts off Julie Chen!  She is the glue on BB and it would not be the same without her. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Sara Gilbert is the one that developed The Talk and pitched it to the network, and yet Julie is the moderator? That wasn't by mistake. It would be naive to think Julie hasnt benefited from her relationship with the CEO of CBS.

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Wings said:

She probably didn't know about Jeff when she signed on.  She would be a hypocrite only if she knew and took the job anyway.  I very seriously doubt that she had any idea this was going on.

True.  I am sure she took the job in good faith. But I can't help but wonder what she's going to do now. Granted nothing has been proven but the evidence sure is piling up

5 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Sara Gilbert is the one that developed The Talk and pitched it to the network, and yet Julie is the moderator? That wasn't by mistake. It would be naive to think Julie hasnt benefited from her relationship with the CEO of CBS.

Have they discussed it on the show?  I know sometimes it's usually recorded in advance, so Friday's show may have been taped before the news broke.  I was just wondering if Julie was still on the show today and if it had been addressed.  It's kind of an elephant in the room.  I know we (the BB viewers) won't likely see her live until Thursday night.  

41 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

Have they discussed it on the show?  I know sometimes it's usually recorded in advance, so Friday's show may have been taped before the news broke.  I was just wondering if Julie was still on the show today and if it had been addressed.  It's kind of an elephant in the room.  I know we (the BB viewers) won't likely see her live until Thursday night.  

They don't discuss news items or even celeb gossip on The Talk.  I doubt she will ever talk about it there.  

14 minutes ago, Wings said:

They don't discuss news items or even celeb gossip on The Talk.  I doubt she will ever talk about it there.  

I'll admit, I haven't seen many episodes.  But since when did they stop talking about news and gossip?  I thought that, along with celebrity interviews, was the main part of the show.  It's like a CBS version of "The View."  I haven't watched since ChenBot shoved a pie in Melissa Gilbert's face.  It would have been acceptable had MG halfway expected it (which I think she might have since her sis hosts the show), not Julie really rubbed it into her face in an aggressive way. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

True.  I am sure she took the job in good faith. But I can't help but wonder what she's going to do now. Granted nothing has been proven but the evidence sure is piling up

This is about Oprah on 60 minutes.  Of course she should stay.  The jerk running CBS News should go.  If she goes, the jerk wins.  Send the jerk out the door.

• Love 2

I think all this horrible speculation and gossip about Julie and Kathy is uncalled for. Grow up. It doesn’t make things better when people make stuf up without knowing all the details. I thought we was analyzing a reality game, not attacking people that are not in the show. It’s none of our business. Marital problems are between the married couple. Every marriage has some. Don’t throw stones. Chill.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, D.CBies said:

Push posh, Oprah is no role modle for anyone to follow. She sucks! She’s evil and she thinks she’s God. 

9 hours ago, D.CBies said:

I thought we was analyzing a reality game, not attacking people that are not in the show. 

Oprah is on Big Brother???

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, AnyTimeFromNow said:

Oprah is on Big Brother???

60 Minutes.  Mooves appointed the head of CBS News who is also cited as a big problem at CBS regards the work environment for women there.  Work environment-wise perhaps the worst offender for work place atmosphere.  Though obviously that is with women way under Oprah's pay grade. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, green said:

60 Minutes.  Mooves appointed the head of CBS News who is also cited as a big problem at CBS regards the work environment for women there.  Work environment-wise perhaps the worst offender for work place atmosphere.  Though obviously that is with women way under Oprah's pay grade. 

Thank you, @green :)  I do understand. I was pointing out (too obtusely, clearly), that someone was calling out others in this thread for "attacking people that are not in the show", having just done exactly that (i.e., Oprah).

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:35 AM, Nashville said:

Julie has been able to make BB her own because her husband is the boss, and she has carte blanche.  The one and only time I watched The Talk (other than the five minutes after Roseanne was fired), happened to be the day of Casey Anthony's verdict.  Julie was told to go to live network coverage and she flat out refused.  She said her husband can speak to her at home if he has a problem with it.  That is not the response of an employee, but the response of the boss' wife.  It was arrogant, and it was a woman who's used to doing whatever she wants, regardless of the rules.

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:44 AM, Christina said:

I think it depends on whether Julie will be a Camille or a Georgina.  Thus far, she's singing Tammy Wynette.  If she continues the stand by my man routine*, it would seem the natural reaction to a Moonves firing would be to resign in protest.  If he were fired and she stayed, she obviously couldn't  speak publicly about how innocent her husband is and how wrong CBS was to fire him.

*I'm hoping Julie does the right thing and leaves him.  Since her relationship started with Les as an employee, and his side piece while he was married to his first wife, she might have dismissed these allegations because she knows her husband's track record.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, Wings said:

This has been the same philosophy that has allowed college athletes to get away with sexually assaulting women for decades.  I know that's not what your saying Wings, but it's a sore point for me.  My little cousin, who graduated with two majors and is heading to law school, just refused to call the police on her ex after he knocked her around, and threw her family out of the home.  She didn't want to ruin his life.  I suggested she simply enabled him to continue beating women. 

I think people spend too much time protecting wealthy, powerful men.  Since it appears that Les managed to damage the careers of his victims, I will save my concern for them.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:26 AM, D.CBies said:

Push posh, Oprah is no role modle for anyone to follow. She sucks! She’s evil and she thinks she’s God. 

Of course she's evil.  She's always doing diabolical things like building schools for girls who couldn't go otherwise, giving away cars, encouraging reading, praising teachers, inspiring random acts of kindness . . . Call the exorcist!

• Love 17
On 7/31/2018 at 3:36 AM, D.CBies said:

I think all this horrible speculation and gossip about Julie and Kathy is uncalled for. Grow up. It doesn’t make things better when people make stuf up without knowing all the details. I thought we was analyzing a reality game, not attacking people that are not in the show. It’s none of our business. Marital problems are between the married couple. Every marriage has some. Don’t throw stones. Chill.

U r right it just slipped out. I personally don’t like Opra because of how she treated our family when we went on her show. End of story. 

On 8/1/2018 at 9:01 AM, RedheadZombie said:

This has been the same philosophy that has allowed college athletes to get away with sexually assaulting women for decades.  I know that's not what your saying Wings, but it's a sore point for me.  My little cousin, who graduated with two majors and is heading to law school, just refused to call the police on her ex after he knocked her around, and threw her family out of the home.  She didn't want to ruin his life.  I suggested she simply enabled him to continue beating women. 

I think people spend too much time protecting wealthy, powerful men.  Since it appears that Les managed to damage the careers of his victims, I will save my concern for them.

Of course she's evil.  She's always doing diabolical things like building schools for girls who couldn't go otherwise, giving away cars, encouraging reading, praising teachers, inspiring random acts of kindness . . . Call the exorcist!

You reaver your opinions of her and I will also have mine. Case closed on my end.

On 7/31/2018 at 4:55 AM, icemiser69 said:

Of course she shouldn't take time off,  I never said she should.

I would appreciate it if people would read what is typed, instead of "reading into" what is typed.  There is one helluva difference.

If people are confused about what I type, please ask for a clarification instead of assuming the worst.

You are right. 

On 8/1/2018 at 7:01 AM, RedheadZombie said:

I hear you.  I hate that this happens and the simultaneous truth is, I am sick of it and cannot muster much ire since Al Franken resigned for a bogus politically driven false claim.   I just cannot sympathize with all of these victims. I am not talking about battered women here.  

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Wings said:

I hear you.  I hate that this happens and the simultaneous truth is, I am sick of it and cannot muster much ire since Al Franken resigned for a bogus politically driven false claim.   I just cannot sympathize with all of these victims. I am not talking about battered women here.  

No but you are talking about demeaned, humiliated and bullied women some of which are indeed sexually assaulted.  All of which, in work situations, have their careers threatened and thus their ability to even pay the rent and buy food so many -- especially working class women who have no other options or career path -- have to put up with a stressful, fearful, horrible, negative workplace day after day and year after year as they are forced to "grin and bear it" while being torn apart inside just to put food on the table for their kids. 

It is a terrible, oppressive economic slavery filled with tears and fears and it has to end.   And they --blue collar women -- dare not come out and rise up because their bosses know they can get away with it.  So it is up to the middle class professional women to win that foothold and start to make this unacceptable across the board because these professional women have more power to fight back this at this point.  So yes I sympathize with all these victims.  Woman of all classes are in this together.

• Love 7

I agree with you @green.  I am just in a weary spot with it all.  I am not insensitive  nor unaware.  Just shared my down moments with it all, nothing more.  I expected blow back.  The political climate contributes to my fatigue, as well. 

• Love 3
On 7/31/2018 at 3:26 AM, D.CBies said:

Found out Oprah does donate to a lot of charities and she has also bought cars for people. Sorry.

On 7/29/2018 at 9:55 AM, icemiser69 said:

the Giffords won a lawsuit against them. They hired the woman to seduce him and she was successful. Kathy was blamed for his infidelity and it was suggested that she should have kept their sex life exciting if she didn't want him to stray. You know, because men can't be expected to control themselves.

And I reference this won lawsuit to my wife at every opportunity I can; But more for stuff like buying another Harley, booking a fishing trip to Canada (50% off coupon too!), Going to Deer camp for 10 days every November.  You know, Important stuff!

Not for Infidelity for goodness sake, who has time for that when Riding your newest bike to Canada to go fishing!

• Love 3
On 2018-07-31 at 4:36 AM, D.CBies said:

I think you forgot the thread we are posting in - it's all about Julie Chen. This particular discussion began with some of us suggesting that if when Les Moonves gets turfed out, Julie should go with him because: they're married, she's "not innocent," she only has the job because of him etc. I'm on the other side, because I think she deserves the job on her own merits and there is no suggestion anywhere that she knew what he had been doing or that she supported or helped him to do so or hide it in any way. I agree marital problems are their business not ours but it sounds like some people think that means she is just as bad a person as him and should lose her job. But this is a discussion forum and we are here to intelligently discuss it without getting personal or attacking other posters. Including telling them to grow up...in the words of the Quora Forum, be nice.

On 2018-07-29 at 12:14 PM, icemiser69 said:

All I said is that I don't believe Julie and Kathy Lee  are innocent victims.  I didn't blame them for anything.  That is my opinion.

I am sorry but I just don't understand what you are saying. How can you say they're not innocent, and then say you don't blame them? The opposite of innocent is guilty. You're contradicting yourself here. I don't have to approve of Julie getting involved with Moonves when he was still married, to think that it's immaterial when it comes to deciding whether she keeps her job. And I do agree with D.CBIES that we don't know all the details of their personal affairs anyway. For all we know, Moonves and his wife were already separated or living together but practically separated in a large house with separate bedrooms. It would matter a lot to then, but not at all to us. I just want to keep my Big Brother host. I've already seen a lot of terrible reality show hosts so I really appreciate her. If you don't think she's all that, then I suggest you watch any season of Big Brother Canada. Cox is terrible. So are all the Canadian hosts of international shows, I have no idea why, when we have good hosts for CBC shows. But the private networks in Canada are not so good.In comparison, Julie is a prize.

• Love 1

So, I did accidentally post in The Talk Julie Chen thread, so I'm bringing the discussion back over here, with more BB talk.

So, I'm not sure whether Julie may try to take a few days to figure out the whole Moonves situation, but I'm waiting to see if she does appear on The Talk today. It makes me wonder how she'll be on Thursday's broadcast as well, if she makes it in. I imagine she will, since she is a professional, but I wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to take some time. Her husband being in the news and under investigation has been going on for a while, but his "resignation"/firing from CBS will probably make things dicey for Julie herself. Like it or not, she is in an impossible situation. She's part of two scheduled live shows where people will want to ask her questions about the situation and they will be analyzing her every move.

So it'll be curious to see how she's faring this week, especially during a double eviction. And then I wonder about any future seasons. I don't think she should end her contract, but I also don't know the circumstances behind the scenes, whether she'd want to leave or whether she'd feel compelled to leave. I don't think she should be paying for her husband's actions, but she very well may have to. She's stayed quiet, besides one statement, for a reason. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. 

I wonder what would happen, though, of Julie opted out of this Thursday's life show. They would need to find a replacement for her, and it's the double eviction, which means a lot more happens during the hour. They'd really need to prep someone into hosting it, because I imagine it's not as easy as they think. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Her husband being in the news and under investigation has been going on for a while, but his "resignation"/firing from CBS will probably make things dicey for Julie herself. Like it or not, she is in an impossible situation. She's part of two scheduled live shows where people will want to ask her questions about the situation and they will be analyzing her every move.

So it'll be curious to see how she's faring this week, especially during a double eviction. And then I wonder about any future seasons. I don't think she should end her contract, but I also don't know the circumstances behind the scenes, whether she'd want to leave or whether she'd feel compelled to leave. I don't think she should be paying for her husband's actions, but she very well may have to. She's stayed quiet, besides one statement, for a reason. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. 

THIS is the galling point of all this brouhaha for me.  You may love you some Julie, or you may hate the Chenbot - either is ok, opinions and cowboy hats.  But no matter what, the decision on whether BB’s host continues in her current role should be made by or based on the on- and off-screen performances and actions of Julie Chen - NOT Mrs. Les Moonves.  To do otherwise is a total abdication to the back-to-the-50s patriarchy mindset nobody espouses any more, and totally disregards and disrespects any consideration of Julie as an entity independent of her husband.

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I wonder what would happen, though, of Julie opted out of this Thursday's life show. They would need to find a replacement for her, and it's the double eviction, which means a lot more happens during the hour. They'd really need to prep someone into hosting it, because I imagine it's not as easy as they think. 

IMHO Dr. Will’s tweet was the end result of somebody in Production jumping the gun and lining up a replacement in case Julie should “get all emotional or something” - to which I say, feh.  :P

• Love 12

IMHO Dr. Will’s tweet was the end result of somebody in Production jumping the gun

What did he tweet? I looked at his feed and didn't see anything particularly relevant to the Julie situation. If she does decide to bounce my preference would be for Dr. Will to take over, at least for the rest of the season. Heaven help us if it's Derrick. He's a BB expert mostly in his own mind while IMO Dr. Will deeply understands the psychology of the game.