Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Criminal Justice

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, kassa said:

Daffron was summoning people to his room and having them stomped.  I consider myself a reasonable person and I would not rest easy assuming the guy was just fucking with me out of boredom but would refrain from summoning me for a beating based on his personal sense of jurisprudence.

Sorry, I know there's nothing funny about the situation, but "personal sense of jurisprudence" gave me a bark-laugh.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:18 PM, tvsoothesthespirit said:

I can't believe Zac is consistently acting like such an unsupportive, self-absorbed, ass.  I also can't believe the production is showing it; I thought we would stay their golden boy. Maybe that's all they got footage-wise, so they had to use it?

I never really warmed to Zac.  I found his affect really off.  And while that in itself doesn't necessarily mean he has issues, I found him completely flat, lacking in emotion, and he rarely seemed to make eye contact.  I tried to excuse it away by his Marine background (no offense to Marines, I've just never known one to compare), but he's insensitive, completely out of touch with his wife and her needs/wants, and a bitchy whiner.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:02 PM, puppytoes said:

I think Zac is mentally abusive to Ashleigh after listening to their last phone conversation.

I'm not completely willing to say the same, but he's certainly showing signs of it.  He seems controlling and cold toward Ashleigh.  He knows she's completely helpless, yet he unnecessarily started in on slamming her mom.  We've seen him bitch and argue with Ashleigh about Amazon.com.  It seems he always needs to be right.  He's probably convinced Ashleigh that he's a saint for marrying her with her checkered past (his words), and gives her never ending backhanded compliments.  He does this while also acting like her calls were a burden, which he seems to forget he did the same thing (join the show) to her.  I've thought all along that he pushed Ashleigh into doing this for the money, and he seems to have no concern about her sobriety.  And he does this after seeing with his own eyes that there are drugs all over that place.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:20 PM, nlkm9 said:

I dont think its that hes being a jerk, I think his editing has changed......he came off so well last season and maybe the episode with ashleigh having to admit she lost him his job or something has ticked them off because editing is everything in a show like this.

I have absolutely no memory of Zach losing his job, and Ashleigh claiming responsibility for it.  Did this actually occur on the show?  I have full belief that Zach is capable of losing his own job, then turning around and berating his wife and blaming her for it.  If it was mentioned on the show, can someone tell what episode it occurred in?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I never really warmed to Zac.  I found his affect really off.  And while that in itself doesn't necessarily mean he has issues, I found him completely flat, lacking in emotion, and he rarely seemed to make eye contact.  I tried to excuse it away by his Marine background (no offense to Marines, I've just never known one to compare), but he's insensitive, completely out of touch with his wife and her needs/wants, and a bitchy whiner.

I'm not completely willing to say the same, but he's certainly showing signs of it.  He seems controlling and cold toward Ashleigh.  He knows she's completely helpless, yet he unnecessarily started in on slamming her mom.  We've seen him bitch and argue with Ashleigh about Amazon.com.  It seems he always needs to be right.  He's probably convinced Ashleigh that he's a saint for marrying her with her checkered past (his words), and gives her never ending backhanded compliments.  He does this while also acting like her calls were a burden, which he seems to forget he did the same thing (join the show) to her.  I've thought all along that he pushed Ashleigh into doing this for the money, and he seems to have no concern about her sobriety.  And he does this after seeing with his own eyes that there are drugs all over that place.

I have absolutely no memory of Zach losing his job, and Ashleigh claiming responsibility for it.  Did this actually occur on the show?  I have full belief that Zach is capable of losing his own job, then turning around and berating his wife and blaming her for it.  If it was mentioned on the show, can someone tell what episode it occurred in?

it was a follow up show and it was revealed that while Zac was at work as a state trooper, Ashleigh felt threatened by some strange men and apparently tried to shoot someone with whatever service pistol zac had at home and zac was fired. it was a very strange reveal,they had this strange conversation on camera " ashley saying Zac, how do you feel about losing your job" and it seemed like they aired it because the story was going to come out and they wanted to get in front of it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

it was a follow up show and it was revealed that while Zac was at work as a state trooper, Ashleigh felt threatened by some strange men and apparently tried to shoot someone with whatever service pistol zac had at home and zac was fired. it was a very strange reveal,they had this strange conversation on camera " ashley saying Zac, how do you feel about losing your job" and it seemed like they aired it because the story was going to come out and they wanted to get in front of it.

Thanks for telling me. That is interesting.  I wonder if it's because she used his service gun, which broke some rule.  Maybe he should have considered that before leaving his wife alone with s new baby to be on TV.   Maybe she's struggling with the guilt of that shooting along with possible PPD.

• Love 1

Yes, he was busted because he let his service pistol be accessed and used by somebody else.  Had she used a personal weapon licensed to either one of them, presumably his job would have been fine.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I actually wondered if she was drunk or high since shes mentioned her past so many times. Plus why not call the police if you feel threatened?? Its such a sad situation.

5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Thanks for telling me. That is interesting.  I wonder if it's because she used his service gun, which broke some rule.  Maybe he should have considered that before leaving his wife alone with s new baby to be on TV.   Maybe she's struggling with the guilt of that shooting along with possible PPD.

she has to feel pretty bad. but no so bad that she would quit breast feeding to go away for 2 months. in all seriousness, its very very strange and I am curious to know where he is working now.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I actually wondered if she was drunk or high since shes mentioned her past so many times. Plus why not call the police if you feel threatened?? Its such a sad situation.

she has to feel pretty bad. but no so bad that she would quit breast feeding to go away for 2 months. in all seriousness, its very very strange and I am curious to know where he is working now.

I personally hate guns, but I understand the mama bear instinct to protect your child.  I would probably kill to protect a pet.  Just kidding (not really).

We saw Ashleigh calling Zac in an early episode.  He was telling her that he and someone else were excepted to CO training, or something like that.  He was bragging that there was never ending OT.  Is that the job he was fired from?  Sounded like he had just been hired. 

• Love 2

No, I assume his firing came before he entered the first program. I don't think there was a big gap between filming "seasons" -- was there?  The baby was not significantly older when she left, considering his age when Zac left.

I'm not going to fault her on the breast feeding thing.  She may have made a conscious decision to pump until the last minute to extend his breast milk supply, figuring she'd deal with the consequences as they came, not really understanding how hard it would be.

I can't fault her for doing the show, either.  Don't know what these people got paid, but I've heard 60K (if they go the distance).  If you're out of work and so is your husband (because of something you did), and the opportunity for 120K presents itself, what are you going to do? That kind of money could help you relocate and start over. 

Interestingly, I also heard that the inmates got paid -- anybody who didn't agree to be on camera was put in a different pod, and there's a small stipend going to the rest of them.  Which is only fair, I suppose.  

• Love 4

It's only fair, agreed, and why all of this mess is fake. The inmates being so willing to do stuff on camera- and not just in front of security cameras, but in front of production cameras....They are getting lawyer fees, and commisary fees. I can't figure what good this show is doing anyone, besides those for of us who can't seem to stop watching for the kicks.

• Love 1
On 9/28/2016 at 6:25 PM, Lion18 said:

people think a baby wont remember but there are many studies done on child development and bonding and the first 6 months are crucial. Hopefully little Ryker will be fine.

As significant as the 0-5 development years are, if Riker got his mom to nurture him and breastfeed (heck even bottle feed, so long as she was the one doing it) in infancy, and nothing comes to harm him for the whopping three months she is gone, there is no proof the kid won't bounce back. Because he is not parentless. He has had quality time with each parent. I'd say he's a lucky boy. There is zero evidence that the little guy has not been in good loving parental hands since the day he was born. I have seen infants given far less and do quite well if they get into a nurturing situation by 13 months. There is so much good doing in hospitals with volunteers being willing to hold abandoned babies right after birth, because the babies don't care who at that stage, they just need the feeding and compression. They just need to be comforted and held. She is doing a one time thing for her family, and unless we say men can't leave their kids to make money either, I think it's fine. I still think Zak pimped her out to do this for the extra money anyway.

Anyway, I still think Zak is either getting a prick edit, or he is a prick, and with a recovering drug addict didn't think she could do better. Either way, sad. I'm enjoying her honesty and openness, determining to maintain her sobriety. I doubt she thought things would be this hard. It IS hard to imagine that in the female pod, it wouldn't be much more than just boring, doing a little intel here and there. 

• Love 3