Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Us In The Media

Artsda
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Wow! Three seasons! That would explain why a renewal wasn’t announced before now. I’m sure that a multi-season renewal like that is a bear to work out contract-wise.

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

Wow! Three seasons! That would explain why a renewal wasn’t announced before now. I’m sure that a multi-season renewal like that is a bear to work out contract-wise.

I think 6 seasons was always the game plan so I think they wanted the assurances now so they can fully map out their plan.  It's still 18 episodes so the cast still have more time off to work on other projects.

13 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

FOX studios was still negotiating a new deal with Fogelman until last week

• Love 1

TVLine Podcast: Dream Emmy Nominee Susan Kelechi Watson Revisits Epic This Is Us Brawl, Beth's 'Kind of Perfect' Dance Ep, Flash-Forward Fierceness

This is a great podcast with Susan.  Lots of information about Beth.  Not spoilers, but insights, perceptions, how Susan approaches playing Beth.  Susan also talks about her dance background and how that fit into the show.

I think it's very friendly to those who wish to avoid spoilers because Susan says she really doesn't know much. about the upcoming season  There  IS a spoiler about the fate of a certain set, but it's not really a spoiler since the fate of this set can be deduced from the season finale.

Well worth the listen, in my opinion, if you have the time.  It's a bit less than half an hour long

• Love 1

I follow Justin Hartley on Twitter & he put up a cute video today showing their trailers in the back & saying how happy they are to be back filming.  So, there is a trailer that says "Kate&Toby", another one labeled "Rebecca&Jack", next one says "Beth&Randall", the last trailer just says "Kevin" 🙂  Justin makes a sad face, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/18/2019 at 5:28 PM, Kktjones said:

TVLine just announced that Jennifer Morrison is joining the show in a "major role". I really liked her on Once Upon a Time, so interested to see what role she's playing here...

I'm calling it now, there's going to be an "alternate universe" plot line in which Jack didn't die and Kate didn't become morbidly obese as a result. Jennifer Morrison will play that version of Kate. As a brunette, Jennifer looks a lot like Chrissy:

1024px-Jennifer_Morrison_2012_Shankbone_

33 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I follow Justin Hartley on Twitter & he put up a cute video today showing their trailers in the back & saying how happy they are to be back filming.  So, there is a trailer that says "Kate&Toby", another one labeled "Rebecca&Jack", next one says "Beth&Randall", the last trailer just says "Kevin" 🙂  Justin makes a sad face, lol.

We do know that Kevin has a son in the S3 finale flash-forward, so the child's mother will be in Kevin's life eventually.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

No, I think Jennifer Morrison is going to play Tess's wife or something. Or, now that I think about, maybe Rebecca's sister that has been mentioned but never seen.

Or girlfriend.  Tess would still be in her 20s in 2035 or whenever it takes place.  She might not be married yet.  

On 7/16/2019 at 11:51 AM, Quickbeam said:

So glad to see Emmy nominations for Milo and Mandy!   In addition to Sterling, but I didn't think it was a great year for him. 

I am so happy for Mandy, she has had some emotional work over the seasons.  I wish Justin Hartley had been nominated, he had a very strong storyline this year, in fact I liked Kevin's S/L better than Randall's this past year.  Chris Sullivan as Toby was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor.

• Love 4
On 7/15/2019 at 12:58 AM, methodwriter85 said:

No, I think Jennifer Morrison is going to play Tess's wife or something. Or, now that I think about, maybe Rebecca's sister that has been mentioned but never seen.

I just assumed JM would be playing the part of Kevin’s new wife/mother of his child. It never occurred to me that she could be in the future timeline.

• Love 3

Hell yeah, Timothy Omundson. I'm glad that he has recovered from that stroke he had!

Also, as a note, where it says this: "Shyamalan's involvement as an actor on This Is Us is a "shocking twist from the master of shocking twists," says Sam Barsanti. "It’s freakin’ M. Night Shyamalan!" he says. "Talk about a twist! We don’t know what he’ll be doing on This Is Us, but if his other acting roles are anything to go by, he’ll be distractingly crucial to the central plot. Maybe he’s the inventor of the slow cooker that killed Milo Ventimiglia?""

*ahem*

Jack was killed by a crock pot. The Crock Pot was invented by my 1st cousin 2x removed, Irving Naxon, a very Jewish man.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bros402 said:

Also, as a note, where it says this: "Shyamalan's involvement as an actor on This Is Us is a "shocking twist from the master of shocking twists," says Sam Barsanti. "It’s freakin’ M. Night Shyamalan!" he says. "Talk about a twist! We don’t know what he’ll be doing on This Is Us, but if his other acting roles are anything to go by, he’ll be distractingly crucial to the central plot. Maybe he’s the inventor of the slow cooker that killed Milo Ventimiglia?""

He had better not be seeing dead people.

• LOL 6

Add my name to the list of those happy to have Timothy Omundson back on tv. 

I think that stroke nearly killed him, so it's fantastic news that he's well enough to return to regular work. 

Excited about Omar Epps, too.

• Love 6

Add me to the excited that Timothy Omundson is well enough to be back on TV. He is one of my favorite actors - so versatile. Also excited about Omar Epps, but less so about Jennifer Morrison. Nothing against her, I've just never taken to her as an actor or the characters she's played. Wonder if she & Omar will have scenes together - a House reunion. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, lb60 said:

Add my name to the list of those happy to have Timothy Omundson back on tv. 

I think that stroke nearly killed him, so it's fantastic news that he's well enough to return to regular work. 

Excited about Omar Epps, too.

The issue with the stroke was more that it affected his speech, I believe - since he was on twitter like ~2 weeks afterwards, with impaired spelling/capitalization, I think. It's why he only had 1 scene in Psych: The Movie.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, bros402 said:

The issue with the stroke was more that it affected his speech, I believe - since he was on twitter like ~2 weeks afterwards, with impaired spelling/capitalization, I think. It's why he only had 1 scene in Psych: The Movie.

I remember him being off twitter for way longer than two weeks. He was in the hospital/rehab for an extended period of time and had two brain surgeries (according to the man himself). I think he is still doing various therapies, like speech and PT. His tweeting has definitely improved, but there are still times you can tell he isn't 100%.

Anyway, I'm just happy he's going to be a part of the show.

• Love 5

I heard a really good theory that all the new characters are people that were recipients of Jack's organs after he died. Of course, I'm not sure a man who died of a heart attack after the stress inhaling smoke put on his body could donate his organs, but since when has reality ever stopped this show? Just look at the Deja foster storyline and its complete lack of regard for reality!

The kindergarten-aged Randell looks way more like Sterling than Lonnie ever did. Great actor, but I could never really get over the light-skinned aspect of it. Would it really have been that hard to find a dark-skinned actor to play the 8-year old Randell? It always kind of had this icky sense of "Well, black people all look alike so no one's going to notice this light-skinned boy playing a dark skinned brother's younger self, right?"

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, lb60 said:

I remember him being off twitter for way longer than two weeks. He was in the hospital/rehab for an extended period of time and had two brain surgeries (according to the man himself). I think he is still doing various therapies, like speech and PT. His tweeting has definitely improved, but there are still times you can tell he isn't 100%.

Anyway, I'm just happy he's going to be a part of the show.

hm let me check

Looks like it was 4 weeks, not 2 - 

3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I heard a really good theory that all the new characters are people that were recipients of Jack's organs after he died. Of course, I'm not sure a man who died of a heart attack after the stress inhaling smoke put on his body could donate his organs, but since when has reality ever stopped this show? Just look at the Deja foster storyline and its complete lack of regard for reality!

The kindergarten-aged Randell looks way more like Sterling than Lonnie ever did. Great actor, but I could never really get over the light-skinned aspect of it. Would it really have been that hard to find a dark-skinned actor to play the 8-year old Randell? It always kind of had this icky sense of "Well, black people all look alike so no one's going to notice this light-skinned boy playing a dark skinned brother's younger self, right?"

They probably just wouldn't take organs. They could still take his kidneys, liver, corneas, skin (oh god now i am imagining them going "THIS IS JACK'S SKIN!"), and other stuff

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Beezella said:

Well shoot, I was kinda thinking about bagging this season, but I love Timothy Omundson and Kelly Clarkson. Also I want to see how the baby is doing. (Don't you dare kill that baby off, show!)

Tim O is the best! But I meant that Kelly Clarkson is TIU's neighbor at the NBC studios, not on the show. :)

This Is Us: Timothy Omundson Reveals Why He's Giving 15 Million People a Ringside Seat to His Stroke Recovery

I was never more than a casual watcher of Psych, and I never watched Galavant.  That said, Dan Fogelman was among several people who had professional and personal history with Timothy Omundson.  This article details how those people rallied abound Omundson and supported his return to acting.   I thought it was a nice read about having people in one's life who can be counted on in times of need.

• Love 10

Just to note and clarify the confusion from NBC, it seems like they put This Is Us back on the schedule for this Tuesday. So Kevin's episode will be airing this Tuesday (which means only a two week break in between the second and third episodes in the trilogy).

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Mandy Moore was featured on CBS Sunday Morning last week and I was SHOCKED.  Her current self (in light blue suit) looked very unlike what we see on This Is Us.  I could hardly believe it was her.  It's a good piece.  I learned a lot about her. 

• Love 3

This Is Us Star Lonnie Chavis, 12, Shares His Experiences with Racism: 'America Needs to Change'

Among other things:

I can recall a time on set when I started crying listening to an actor portray a racist grandmother toward my character. The director and writers told me that they didn’t need me to cry for the scene. However, it was hard for me not to cry as I witnessed what I had just learned was my reality. I wasn’t acting, I was crying for me. Can you imagine having to explain to a room full of white people why I couldn’t hold back my real tears while experiencing the pain of racism? I can.

This is egregious, especially for a show that likes to boast at every opportunity how much their entire cast and crew love each other and are like family. They could have filmed that scene in a way that Lonnie wouldn't have to be in the room while Elizabeth Perkins said her lines. I think that's done frequently with child actors to avoid exposing them to adult/violent/traumatic content. I'm furious on Lonnie's behalf.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, chocolatine said:

This is egregious, especially for a show that likes to boast at every opportunity how much their entire cast and crew love each other and are like family. They could have filmed that scene in a way that Lonnie wouldn't have to be in the room while Elizabeth Perkins said her lines. I think that's done frequently with child actors to avoid exposing them to adult/violent/traumatic content. I'm furious on Lonnie's behalf.

Yeah - seriously! You think someone on the set would've been like "should we be subjecting this child actor to this, we don't need to have him in frame, and she's gonna say some offensive lines?"

• Love 8
On 6/18/2020 at 2:09 AM, chocolatine said:

I know on Mad Men the child actors were given edited scripts to avoid exposure to inappropriate things.  There was a scene where Sally was supposed to walk in on something shocking but it was filmed in a way that didn’t let her see what was happening and she didn’t even know what her character was supposed to be seeing.   This Is Us should have protected Lonnie the same way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4