Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Us In The Media

Artsda
  • Start Topic

Ratings: This Is Us Opens Strong, No. 2 for the Night

NBC’s This Is Us debuted on Tuesday to 10 million total viewers and a 2.8 demo rating, doubling its closest time slot rival and delivering the Big 4’s highest-rated drama debut since last fall’s Supergirl.

It also marks NBC’s most-watched regular program in the time slot in nearly six years. TVLine readers gave the premiere an average grade of “A-.”

• Love 4

I get that NBC doesnt control the debate sxhedule, but theyve obviously learned nothing if theyre going to have two weeks between episodes after 2 eps.  

They should have done a special night next Mon and delayed Timeless by a week.

According to my local papers website, This is Us was # 1 in the market for premeire week, the first time NBC has been # 1 in the market with regular programming since the series finale of Friends in May 2004.  

ABC has dominated the chart since then with Lost, then Grey's, then ModFam, and now Grey's again ranking # 1 almost consistently since.  

In fact for premeire week locally, This is Us was thr only non-ABC show in the top 10:

1) This is Us

2) Grey's Anatomy

3) Designated Survivor

4) Blackish

5) Modern Family

6) How to Get Away with Murder

7) Speechless

8) The Goldbergs

9) Secrets & Lies

10) Notorious

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Tiger said:

According to my local papers website, This is Us was # 1 in the market for premeire week, the first time NBC has been # 1 in the market with regular programming since the series finale of Friends in May 2004.  

That's pretty impressive.  The being #1 part, not that NBC hasn't pulled it off for more than 10 years. 

11 minutes ago, Artsda said:

This Is Us surprises with historic ratings surge 

This Is Us delivered a highly unusual ratings surprise Tuesday night. 

Debuting for the first time in its new time period, the dramedy delivered 9.8 million viewers and a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating, growing from its The Voice lead-in in the demo (10.6 million, 2.5 rating)

This makes me happy because I am entirely confident that this will get renewed, so I can sit back and watch while knowing there'll probably be a season 2. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

This makes me happy because I am entirely confident that this will get renewed, so I can sit back and watch while knowing there'll probably be a season 2. 

Heck, as soon as I saw the DVR numbers, I was thinking "So they can announce season 2 right now and  I would be ok with that."  NBC is severely ratings challenged and the modest hits that should have been breakouts are showing their weakness without The Voice (The Blacklist, Blindspot.)  I can see this being moved to Thursday next season to challenge TGIT if the ratings stay good when the Voice goes into its off season. 

On 10/5/2016 at 8:29 PM, ShadowFacts said:

That's pretty impressive.  The being #1 part, not that NBC hasn't pulled it off for more than 10 years. 

And per my local papers website, it's now been # 1 in the market two weeks in a row (first two weeks of the season) and "increased its margin of victory over runner-up Grey's Anatomy despite Grey's rising 4% week-to-week."

• Love 1

Chrissy was on Harry Connick's talk show today. She looked cute with her hair pulled back and a cute black tunic & leggings.  She seemed pleased to be a role model for larger women, she said she gets lots of feedback from fans who admire her for being who she is & not trying to change herself.  She got into the acting field when she accompanied her taller, thinner sister(she laughed about that & said they had different fathers) to a Modeling recruitment & a lady approached her about wanting to act.

• Love 1

is anyone else's affiliate pre-empting next week's episode for a debate? 

The stupid dellusional motherfuckers get the # 1 show in the market, then constsntly cut in with local ads and now theyre pre-empting it during sweeps for a debate where both the Dem and Rep are polling below 40% and have have will not for at ove 50% . . . 

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

is anyone else's affiliate pre-empting next week's episode for a debate? 

The stupid dellusional motherfuckers get the # 1 show in the market, then constsntly cut in with local ads and now theyre pre-empting it during sweeps for a debate where both the Dem and Rep are polling below 40% and have have will not for at ove 50% . . . 

The national debates are (thankfully) over.  Perhaps there is a gubernatorial or senatorial debate in your market?  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

The national debates are (thankfully) over.  Perhaps there is a gubernatorial or senatorial debate in your market?  

Its a senate race where a third party candidate that has bafely advertised is polling at almost 20%.   

It looks like my affiliate will air the episode on Sat, Nov. 5th at 12:30pm.  Effing morons.

Does anyone know the exact date of the midseason break? I’m guessing the last ep before the break will the week before Christmas?   According to the  Afterbuzz TV podcast it will be a Christmas ep.

The November 7-20, 2016 TV Guide has a nice two-page spread on Sterling K. Brown, with pictures of him and the cast.  It also says, "His wife of nine years, Ryan Michelle Bathe, is a recurring guest star.  She appears in flashbacks as an acquaintance of Rebecca's." 

• Love 1

Cast of This is us is about to be in Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. 

ETA: It was Chrissy and Justin. Just a quick sideline interview.  They were both in awe of the parade and grateful for the success of the show. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2

Give me a break. They didn't use his actual video, they were inspired by it and created their own scene. Thats what happens when you post stuff on the internet. Sounds like he wants money and more time in the spotlight.

• Love 5

I cany figure out what intellectual property right he is allegeing was infringed here.

My baseball team did this in the late 90's but we did the push-ups with other high schoolers/teammates on our backs.  And Im pretty sure Ive heard of other teams, karatr studios, etc doing very similar things too.

• Love 3

I love her dress! I would totally wear it. I think she looks great.

Most dresses for these events look like something only a manniken could wear, and her dress looks comfortable, like something a real live woman who actually wants to move around and not be held together by tape and spanx, would wear. Also, I love the print.

Yeah, it's more casual-looking than some evening gown from another galaxy, but it suits her and she looks like a real person in it.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I love her dress! I would totally wear it. I think she looks great.

Most dresses for these events look like something only a manniken could wear, and her dress looks comfortable, like something a real live woman who actually wants to move around and not be held together by tape and spanx, would wear. Also, I love the print.

The only thing I can think of looking at Chrissy's dress is the Kim Kardashian coach dress meme.

Edited by biakbiak

I like that dress on her, and there were several other actresses wearing similar dresses to that event, so Chrissy is right on trend. I don't think it's comparable to the Kardashian Kouch Dress, because it's a much more flattering cut and plays with different textures (embroidery, sheer overlay, trim) rather than being cut from a piece of cheap upholstery. I can see how that style is not everyone's cup of tea, but I find the embroidery very pretty.

• Love 1

I like the dress. I guess it could be seen as awful from the standpoint of 'you didn't even try to trick our eye into thinking you might be slightly smaller than you are' but I'm tired of that being the rule of fashion (as I ranted on recently in the Project Runway forum).  I love the print.  Black florals have been 'in' for a couple years now.  

But wow, Chris Sullivan.  I've said it before but he should just live in hats, with his wonky hairline.  He looks good without the padding, too.  Speaking of which, I'm assuming Toby lives to lose that 100 lb. of padding because otherwise why bother padding a non-obese actor?