Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: A Big Surprise

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On September 27, 2016 at 7:44 PM, BDS said:

The way Jessa kept saying, "Ben was eating Jinger's taco" totally made the episode. If only they understood what they were truly saying. It confused me that Jinger talked about Ben eating the taco like a person eats popcorn during the scary part of the movie. Have the Duggars ever seen a scary movie? Veggie Tales?

What is disappointing about the Duggar girls is you think you have their personality all figured out. That is, until they start courting. I thought Jill was a goody two shoes but she couldn't quit kissing Derrick on her wedding day and two years later, she only has one kid. I had high hopes for Jessa and Jinger to run away and be free from Boob, but it seems like they drank more Kool-Aid than their peers. You just don't know what kind of fundie they will turn out to be until they start courting. 

HahahhaHahahah

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MischaMouse said:

I'm a 54 year old heathen and I've never heard the double-entendre meaning of any of those. I can figure out "taco" but the rest have gone right over my head. Then again my mother raised me to be a "lady." I guess I missed out on a lot. ;)

I needed Google for the car references, too. ?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

I'm a 54 year old heathen and I've never heard the double-entendre meaning of any of those. I can figure out "taco" but the rest have gone right over my head. Then again my mother raised me to be a "lady." I guess I missed out on a lot. ;)

Same here! With three years of extra time to figure it out. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Pink Cadillac was used as a metaphor for sex by Springsteen,  that's all I know about that!

15 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Prince, yes, Little Red Corvette. To stay on Topic, bet the Duggars never heard any of these.

Pink Cadillac is one of my favorite Springsteen songs & all this talk had me listening to it again.

Since Springsteen references the Bible & temptation in the song ("Way back in the Bible, temptation always comes along......") maybe JB would allow it & possibly even work it into a sermon.  Ha-Ha, I know I'm dreaming.

Side note- My tablet spell-check must be on Duggar mode. When I was typing, "temptation" came out as "gestation."

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Pink Cadillac was written by Springsteen, it was just a way bigger hit for Aretha Franklin.  It's the same song, though, whatever it's about.

Aretha's was actually "Freeway of Love," a similar, but different song. It does mention a pink Cadillac in the lyrics.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

Aretha's was actually "Freeway of Love," a similar, but different song. It does mention a pink Cadillac in the lyrics.

Yup. This was the song I was referring to. Totally different than Bruce's Pink Cadillac. 

• Love 3

LOL. My hubby and I had a "discussion" about this once, long ago. He swore Aretha also sang "Pink Cadillac." I think this was before the Internet, so I had to do some real sleuthing to get the answer. 

Edited by Love2dance
Spelling!
  • Love 2
On 9/29/2016 at 9:01 AM, Fig Newton said:

This is hysterical !!!! "Ben was eating Jinger's TACO!". This got my morning going........

What's next. They drive off in a pink Cadillac? Or take a ride with the "little man in the boat".

Oh, Duggars.............................you slay me.  

I thought I'd been around the block a few times, but that was all news to me!

Here's my question: what with Jeremy's tutorial and all, which I haven't watched yet, does he refer to it as choke the chicken, spank the monkey and/or wax the carrot? I'd be impressed if he did.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Beaner said:

I thought I'd been around the block a few times, but that was all news to me!

Here's my question: what with Jeremy's tutorial and all, which I haven't watched yet, does he refer to it as choke the chicken, spank the monkey and/or wax the carrot? I'd be impressed if he did.

Can't bring myself to watch it, but I'm sure he'd call it "touching yourself in an unclean manner"

• Love 2
On 9/30/2016 at 4:56 PM, ginger90 said:

Pink Cadillac was used as a metaphor for sex by Springsteen,  that's all I know about that!

Never knew that. I wonder what else I'm missing out on?

On 9/28/2016 at 9:14 PM, Absolom said:

I wonder what the percentage of fundies is who use some form of birth control.  I'm sure some of them are because there are quite a few two and three child families at our local fundie church.  They obviously don't all subscribe to quiverful. 

No, there's quite a lot of hypocrisy in FundieLand.  It's common to read the Bible and pick and choose that which suits you.

• Love 1

From Wikipedia.

Like Prince's "Little Red Corvette", "Pink Cadillac" follows the tradition of the Wilson Pickett R&B classic "Mustang Sally" in using automobile travel as a metaphor for sexual activity, particularly as sung by Springsteen as the lyric: "I love you for your pink Cadillac" was originally a veiled  reference. Springsteen, in fact, vetoed the first attempt by a female singer to release a version of "Pink Cadillac", that being Bette Midler in 1983.