Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: A Big Surprise

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I noted with interest that a really large part (majority?) of this episode starred Bin, Babe and Flame - and none of them are Duggars.  That's gotta bug Boob.  Bin, especially, was heavily featured.  Interesting.  

I think it's safe to say that the meals at Tacos For Life are all comped, given all the exposure the place is getting.  I wonder how many other places are comping the Duggars.  The jewelry store (surely a discount at least)?  The music instrument store?

• Love 8

About 3 minutes into this, I had to change channels.  We had a graduation party for our daughter.   You know, the kind with real friends and other people you actually know?  But there were no bounce houses or carnival games.  How embarrassing for the "graduates!"

Decided it wasn't even worth flipping back and forth.  Left the granddaughters watch Nick Jr.

I'll catch up on here.  Lots better!

• Love 4

In the Duggar compound, I saw Lost Girl pink croccs on the Dining Table!

The kids clearly haven't been learning their Character Training fast enough, since Discretion is still on the wall.

Jessa actually made a nice looking homemade marinade for the chicken.  And the camera sure did pan on that healthy whole wheat bread.  Jessa grew up on 4 for a buck Aldi white bread, so this is an improvement.

Did Joy and Jessa share aqua blouses for their Talking Heads?

When I saw Michelle holding Pebbles, my first impression was Michelle was wearing a Modesty Breast-feeding cover.  I thought, OMG!!! Is she nursing Pebbles!  Since when has she ever been shown in an apron?  Green and white checked, naturally, to go with the ever present Ugly Green Shirt.  Did you here her squeal when hugging Flame?

The kidults playing the church hymn was abysmal. Flame was cute, though, trying to bebop to it.

• Love 2

A bunch of random thoughts:

Jer and Bin acted like sneaking into the back of a restaurant was a military operation. So what exactly is the big deal if you hit traffic and are 5 min late? And Jessa was acting like she was having lunch with a business acquaintance -- worrying about what the heck they'd talk about if they ended up having to kill time. Um -- you're sisters and apparently BFFs, if Jinger's beau is 10 min late -- you really can't keep chatting; is there really NOTHING to talk about once she gives you the blow by blow on the Laredo trip? Most sisters who consider each other BFFs wouldn't even notice if 10 extra minutes went by.

I'm not surprised the boys just clearly said they don't like rap, even if they know nothing about it and even if they could have said -- well it draws in Christians so it's good even though I don't listen. I remember in an earlier episode -- maybe when Bin and Jessa were going to see Flame -- they asked in THs whether the kids knew what hip hop was. More than one Duggar male -- including JD -- said no I don't really know what it is, but I don't like it. Uh - way to be open minded?! I'm sure Flame and his wife didn't love your family band either but were gracious about it . . . .

Since it seems like the older "boys" enjoyed hanging out with Flame, I wonder if they are self aware enough to realize -- the only reason we got to meet a new guy is bc our brother in law has befriended him, brought him here, and JB can't say no bc he knows it's a good storyline for filming. But if Bin hadn't met him, we'd be sitting here staring at the walls or doing whatever it is they do all day. I wonder if they feel "left out" and if they realize that other guys their age -- even fundie guys -- have buddies to hang with, chat with, play sports with etc. I mean even in a recent Bates episode, a 14 yr old had a birthday party where he took guys out to play paintball and that crew was obviously all his brothers but also included 1-2 best friends who were other 14 yr old guys -- not a fundie family, but just a friend or 2. Ridiculous that JB and Michelle have deprived their kids of that.

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Ina123 said:

I disagree. I think he was given parental go-ahead after the Laredo visit. Like...OK, we've met the parents. We know you want to marry her. Get the ring. I think she was just wondering the price. Mom and dad probably intend to help if TLC isn't enough. Jeremy and Jinger both want marriage and sex...now.

You're probably right. Just wishful thinking on my part... but at least we've found out that they have actually known each other for over a year.

21 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

16 hours ago, Evagirl said:

IMO the Duggar Clan are a bit on the self-righteous bandwagon.  When talking about rap and their obvious disdain for it, they actually could have put a positive spin on it.  I'm a Christian and I deplore rap music, however, if using it draws inner city kids to listen and repeat, then maybe understanding will come which will lead them to Christ.  

They could have said, "Even though it's not my kind of music, if it's used to edify Christ and draw people to Him who wouldn't normally come, then I'm all for it."  But that's not what they said.  All of the young Duggar men put a negative spin on it because they made it all about them.

Don't forget that as ridiculous as it sounds, they believe that the drumbeats found in hip hop and rock are demonic. As in, you literally have your behavior altered by demons when you listen to it, because it's lust-inducing. That is what Gothard taught and what Boob and Mechelle have explained in one of their books and other places. Ben obviously doesn't believe that, and hopefully Jessa and the others are beginning to see the light as well.

• Love 7

Evagirl said:

Speaking of Grandma Dugger - I haven't seen her in any of these shows.  Hope all is well.

Mary Duggar is in the Season of Life where she's trapped in the laundry room, doing 10 - 15 loads of laundry per day.

Poor Mary.  When my late grandmother (who wore pants!  The hussy!) got old, she traveled the world.  When she got home from her travels, we did her laundry for her.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, SmallTownMom said:

About 3 minutes into this, I had to change channels.  We had a graduation party for our daughter.   You know, the kind with real friends and other people you actually know?  But there were no bounce houses or carnival games.  How embarrassing for the "graduates!"

Decided it wasn't even worth flipping back and forth.  Left the granddaughters watch Nick Jr.

I'll catch up on here.  Lots better!

I think it's pretty clear that you should watch the episode that showed how a real graduation party should go.   I bet you didn't even print up a certificate on your computer!  No bounce house OR carnival games??   So tragic for your daughter... She is in my prayers. 

8 hours ago, louannems said:

When I saw Michelle holding Pebbles, my first impression was Michelle was wearing a Modesty Breast-feeding cover.  I thought, OMG!!! Is she nursing Pebbles!  Since when has she ever been shown in an apron?  Green and white checked, naturally, to go with the ever present Ugly Green Shirt.  Did you here her squeal when hugging Flame?

I was trying to figure out why in the hell Michelle was wearing an apron.  Surely she hasn't cooked or cleaned a damn thing in over 20 years.  Who the hell is she fooling?  Trying to look the motherly part for Flame and Crystal? 

• Love 15

I would like to say with full disclosure..........I LOVE THIS SHOW ! I mean, I really love it. If you are looking for a real shit show, hello Duggars and Co.

It brings me so much laughter and to some degree, it's almost as if I am playing "I Spy" as I take note of odd behaviors and odder people. This is really the best comedy ever to be on the boob tube.

Oh, you Duggars. Love ya !

My only prior comment on this board was in regards to Jinge getting a Brazilian wax job in the event Babbbbbbbbbe gets to exploring in the nether region . And then, on this episode, the crew go to that Arakansas (no) fun park with cool things like go carts.  And alas, the Babes get on that water boat thingy (all snuggled close together, their skin warm and caressing whilst the fucking fundie pheromones go bonkers)..........and, the boys spray them  with water. So precious. Really. So precious.  

Ummmmmmmmmm. Hello Babe and Babbbbbbbbbbbbbe..............but correct me if I am wrong. Jinge had on a WET SHIRT. Yes. A WET shirt. Too bad it was not a white shirt, because I am guessing we would have had to see her erect nipples.  Is that allowed as a chaperone to incite a situation wherein one might feel the physical nature of excitement??? Bad, bad chaperones. You little horn dogs............. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

My only prior comment on this board was in regards to Jinge getting a Brazilian wax job in the event Babbbbbbbbbe gets to exploring in the nether region . And then, on this episode, the crew go to that Arakansas (no) fun park with cool things like go carts.  And alas, the Babes get on that water boat thingy (all snuggled close together, their skin warm and caressing whilst the fucking fundie pheromones go bonkers)..........and, the boys spray them  with water. So precious. Really. So precious.  

Ummmmmmmmmm. Hello Babe and Babbbbbbbbbbbbbe..............but correct me if I am wrong. Jinge had on a WET SHIRT. Yes. A WET shirt. Too bad it was not a white shirt, because I am guessing we would have had to see her erect nipples.  Is that allowed as a chaperone to incite a situation wherein one might feel the physical nature of excitement??? Bad, bad chaperones. You little horn dogs............. 

Also, the go-karts and boats caused the girls' skirts to pull up above their knees; I saw Jing trying to push her skirt down between her legs at one point, lest we get a crotch shot.  I kinda hesitate to laugh about these things, though, cuz I don't want Boob to forbid Joy and the younger girls from doing such fun things.  They should wear skorts or culottes.

• Love 4

I get so tired of hearing the skirts-are-more-modest crap. THEY SIMPLY AREN'T when you're in survivalist training or a construction site or the gym or a pool or the go kart track. Idiots.

• Love 13

From the article linked above...

"...focuses on the the adult Duggar kids (with the obvious exception of Josh), but still heavily features Jim Bob and Michelle."

I think "heavily" is a bit much, but there's no way around featuring them if there is a wedding. I could watch if J and M were not on. I do not want to see them.

How special were Ben, Jessa, and the Duggars showing a couple from the evil inner city how country life can be, and how special it can being around a big family and a lot of people. *rolling eyes* Did Ben get his hands dirty while the rest of the guys including Flame were working hard. I guess TLC and the Duggars are trying to prove Ben is a great catch. Flame's wife saying the Duggars should make an album, and the both of them could not believe a big family could sing and play instruments. Ever heard of the Osmonds or the Jacksons. Jessa and her Jinger would be the first family member to move away after getting married. I guess Jill and Smuggly Do Rite do not count. I was secretly hoping Ben would get pulled over for driving and talking on the cell phone at the same time. JD, the volunteer officer and firefighter/EMT, must be slipping on the job because he obviously did not explain to Ben about the dangers of driving while talking on a cell phone. Jinger and her over the top reaction to seeing Jeremy at the taco place. Could someone please advise her to tone it down.

54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

How special were Ben, Jessa, and the Duggars showing a couple from the evil inner city how country life can be, and how special it can being around a big family and a lot of people. *rolling eyes* Did Ben get his hands dirty while the rest of the guys including Flame were working hard. I guess TLC and the Duggars are trying to prove Ben is a great catch. Flame's wife saying the Duggars should make an album, and the both of them could not believe a big family could sing and play instruments. Ever heard of the Osmonds or the Jacksons. Jessa and her Jinger would be the first family member to move away after getting married. I guess Jill and Smuggly Do Rite do not count. I was secretly hoping Ben would get pulled over for driving and talking on the cell phone at the same time. JD, the volunteer officer and firefighter/EMT, must be slipping on the job because he obviously did not explain to Ben about the dangers of driving while talking on a cell phone. Jinger and her over the top reaction to seeing Jeremy at the taco place. Could someone please advise her to tone it down.

And come to think of it, Josh and Anna as well. Not right away but really fairly soon into the marriage.

Jessa does look to be aging fast, but has she reached the memory-loss stage already? ... Or is it just total self-absorption, so she's utterly unaware of anything that's not currently within two feet of her?

Edited by Churchhoney
because I submitted it before I wrote anything...and "right' is different from "write"
  • Love 4

JD has a shitty sense of humour. Wraps Raps. Get it? Doh.

We don't like xyz.. we like abc. Really? Jkid, you are not individuals even in music preference?

Bad acting Cringe. If you weren't acting, cut it out! The surprise scene would have been cute if you were 4 and you got a pony with a big bow, but otherwise, ridiculous.  

Mi-squeal holding an M&M I think so that the family that shall not be named can get a cut for their appearance? There is no other reason for Mi-squeal to risk holding a child and endangering her future mobility by stressing her missing back muscle.

The not sinner twin bugs me. So what are you going to do if Babe sucks face with Cringe? What are you going to do? Tell daddy who can do nothing about it. Sinner twin, the chaperones are a prop, so shut up and play your role or tell us what you would DO if they broke the rules.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

The not sinner twin bugs me. So what are you going to do if Babe sucks face with Cringe? What are you going to do? Tell daddy who can do nothing about it. Sinner twin, the chaperones are a prop, so shut up and play your role or tell us what you would DO if they broke the rules.

There's something about Jed that is really unlikeable. I used to think Josiah was arrogant and off-putting, but Jed and Jason have him beat by a mile. Cringe and Babe are adults, if they want to buy a box of condoms and high tail it to a Motel 6, there isn't a damn thing the Duggar Beta Males can do about it.

• Love 13

I have a feeling the reason we haven't seen Grandma Mary is that she isn't being paid by TLC anymore to appear. I saw something to the effect that Jinger will have a much smaller wedding than her sisters did because the budget for Counting On isn't as high as it was for 19 Kids and Counting. 

Speaking of missing Grandma, it appears that cousin Amy and her husband disappeared as well, if he was ever on the show to start with. I don't remember if he was or not. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I have a feeling the reason we haven't seen Grandma Mary is that she isn't being paid by TLC anymore to appear. I saw something to the effect that Jinger will have a much smaller wedding than her sisters did because the budget for Counting On isn't as high as it was for 19 Kids and Counting. 

Speaking of missing Grandma, it appears that cousin Amy and her husband disappeared as well, if he was ever on the show to start with. I don't remember if he was or not. 

Maybe because Grandma is buried under a pile of laundry now that Jinger is incapable of handling the rigors of managing her jurisdiction and courtship.

• Love 8

I am rewatching this, having only seen it piecemeal and under the influence the other night. I am actually enjoying this ep. Despite the scripted nature of things, I do detect genuine emotion, enjoyment, and affection between various individuals. And Jinger? I'm glad you are feeling those feelings, and that they seem to be reciprocated. Life will throw you some curves but if you really are good friends, you will figure things out together. Enjoy these days. 

I remain hopeful that at least some of the kids will forge their own paths to some extent or other. How many of us do things exactly the way our parents would like? I don't discount the power of Gothard brainwashing. But if this show was good for anything, at least it pried open the kids' (and maybe even the parents') worlds a bit. 

(Did Jessa just refer to Flame as Marcus? As they arrived at the TTH.)

ETA: his real name is Marcus Tyrone Gray. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 4

Random musings while watching on youtube :) 

1. I want so scissors to cut at least 5 inches of Jessa's hair, it looks so awful!

2. Ben and Jeremy are following in Dumb Bob's tradition in buying engagement rings off Mr White - please tell me they don't aspire to be Dumb Bob because he is a dick head!  

3. Ben's TH's seem so scripted they are stilted. Good to see he knows how to us a BBQ....

4.  Does Ben's hat seriously say LICK? Why?

5. Jessa does look pregnant, or at least scruffy

6. The 4 big kids playing their instruments seemed thrilled to be performing - not.

7. JD - eating wraps only - LOL Jason is obnoxious

8. So staged putting him in an Arkansas shirt and that ugly hat

9. Did they really need a backhoe to get those posts out?  Seriously?  Wouldn't a mallet and some effort have been much cheaper than transporting heavy equipment 

10. Jana's garden is impressive, I hope they are eating all that produce because she has done an amazing job! 

11. After seeing the teaser for next week, I need to say, I hate Jessa's fake laugh so much, maybe it is just I dislike Jessa, so much of what she does grates on me, she comes across so disingenuous in so many ways

• Love 6

I grew up skirts only. Part of my adulthood was skirts only.  Really, it's not a problem to live life in a skirt if you do it correctly.  What the Duggars do with skirts is idiotic.  Shorts or leggings go under the skirt when you are in a situation where you can have a crotch flash.  Or you wear a very long floor lenth skirt. Or a running skirt which is a skirt with leggings sewn in.   It's so simple.  It's Skirts 101.    Duh. 

Duggars, for someone who is so adament about skirts, your family does it all wrong and you look moronic. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Marigold said:

I grew up skirts only. Part of my adulthood was skirts only.  Really, it's not a problem to live life in a skirt if you do it correctly.  What the Duggars do with skirts is idiotic.  Shorts or leggings go under the skirt when you are in a situation where you can have a crotch flash.  Or you wear a very long floor lenth skirt. Or a running skirt which is a skirt with leggings sewn in.   It's so simple.  It's Skirts 101.    Duh. 

Duggars, for someone who is so adament about skirts, your family does it all wrong and you look moronic. 

Exactly, Marigold. Though the Duggars maintain skirts are symbols of femininity, there are too many opportunities for immodesty if one is not careful. Many other ladies raised Fundy or in other traditions know how to make themselves look very nice and put together without looking stupid.

• Love 2
On 23/09/2016 at 0:16 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Maybe because Grandma is buried under a pile of laundry now that Jinger is incapable of handling the rigors of managing her jurisdiction and courtship.

I thought Mary had served her laundry sentence and now got to live with Deanna and wear pants again. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

I thought Mary had served her laundry sentence and now got to live with Deanna and wear pants again. 

I hope that's the case. As much as I can't stand Famy, it seems like she genuinely tries to take Grandma Duggar out and do fun things with her. Mary always looks really happy with Amy and Deanna, which I've never seen with the Duggar daughters.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I hope that's the case. As much as I can't stand Famy, it seems like she genuinely tries to take Grandma Duggar out and do fun things with her. Mary always looks really happy with Amy and Deanna, which I've never seen with the Duggar daughters.

Probably bc Amy and Deanna are normal - relatively speaking. Christian and church going, I'm sure. But they also seem ok hitting up a mall or a coffee shop without feeling like they'll be defrauded by seeing a dude in a tank top or with blue hair or by seeing someone who is obviously not Christian and feeling like - oh no, they are damned for eternity. I feel like they can try on some shoes at Macys (or even pants - gasp) and grab a latte without the weight of the Lord's purpose on their shoulders. Also seems like Amy and Deanna can make independent choices without sitting around what the Lord is "purposing" for their lives.

• Love 13

This show's complete fakery makes my teeth hurt. The little bit I've seen seems to routinely and prominently feature 'Babe' presenting shrieking Jinger with a small bouquet of sad flowers that appear to be end of the week leftovers from an FTD Administrative Assistant Day promo. How can TLC possibly cobble a show around this nonsense?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

This show's complete fakery makes my teeth hurt. The little bit I've seen seems to routinely and prominently feature 'Babe' presenting shrieking Jinger with a small bouquet of sad flowers that appear to be end of the week leftovers from an FTD Administrative Assistant Day promo. How can TLC possibly cobble a show around this nonsense?

They've done more with less.

• Love 4
On 9/22/2016 at 11:46 AM, Aja said:

I get so tired of hearing the skirts-are-more-modest crap. THEY SIMPLY AREN'T when you're in survivalist training or a construction site or the gym or a pool or the go kart track. Idiots.

I wasn't allowed to wear shirts as tight as theirs, or wear barely knee length skirts for physical activities, and my parents, although conservative, are not as wacko as Boob and Mechelle. Of course, I am a strong advocate for women wearing whatever they want, but insisting that they are ultra-modest has become ludicrous! 

On 9/22/2016 at 3:52 PM, bigskygirl said:

I don't think driving and talking on a cell phone is illegal in Arkansas. 

• Love 1

I just managed to sit through this episode last night.  Random thoughts:

Jinge had on a leopard-print skirt?  Is this allowed?  I mean, RAWWWWR, amirite, Baaaaaaaabe??

Oh, JD...I can't decide if his dry comments during his talking heads are actually the result of his low-key, snarky sense of humor (the only type of rap I like are the kind I eat.  Wraps.  Get it?)...or if he is just so emotionally checked out of his family and the cameras that he can barely muster enough enthusiasm to answer a question.  He always seems like he is one eye-roll away from bailing on this clown circus.

Do you think the community clothes closet...smells?  I feel like all those well-worn clothes and nasty shoes mushed up together in that closet would be kind of gross.  Poor Flame.  Eww.

It can't be said enough...Jinge to Jeremy, when he surprised her..."Baaaaaaaaaaabe!!"  I LOL'd.  It's like she literally cannot think of anything else to say to him.

Driving bumper cars in a skirt and flip-flops is just stupid.  And discussing at length who won, and why, and how, and when, and how many laps it took, blah blah blah...YAWN.  These kidults have nothing else to offer.  They can't talk about films, or books, or music, or real life, so the only thing they have to discuss is the minutiae of things like who won the bumper car race.  There's just nothing else there.  Those talking heads went on far too long.

Flame rapping to Spurge, and Spurge staring at him in wonder, was the best part of the entire episode.  #freeSpurgie

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19
On 9/25/2016 at 11:30 AM, ThinkerBell said:

What makes it slightly interesting for me is that thanks to this entire bunch being so incredibly simple, even the Holy Goalie, they don't realize how transparent they are in their pretend for the cameras.  It's kind of like watching Tatiana Maslany on Orphan Black.  She plays a bunch of clones that she all makes wonderfully different but even more, the plot often calls for one of her characters to impersonate another and you can actually see the character of the impersonator coming through in a way that is stunning (the show has its flaws but the main actress is not one of them).  And that is what we kind of have here in reverse.  We know they are acting.  They know they are acting.  But they think they are pulling it off even as it is some of the worst acting ever.  And for such simple people, both thanks to no critical thinking skills as well as the other kind of simple they think makes them pious and pure, they really think their straight forward TGIF sitcom plotlines of romance and wooing are so fancy and tricksy and have viewers just enthralled.  And you can see that.  You can actually see how Bin and the Holy Goalie think they are performing something so grand and engaging that the Hallmark Channel only wishes it could afford their plotting for their next run of treacle-ly romance movies.   These two really seemed to think they were carrying out the best and most dramatic performance ever.   Can you imagine them on a paint ball range or LARPing?    I so want Poppy and George from Almost Royal stopping in to pay the entire clan a "regal" visit. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, tenativelyyours said:

What makes it slightly interesting for me is that thanks to this entire bunch being so incredibly simple, even the Holy Goalie, they don't realize how transparent they are in their pretend for the cameras.  It's kind of like watching Tatiana Maslany on Orphan Black.  She plays a bunch of clones that she all makes wonderfully different but even more, the plot often calls for one of her characters to impersonate another and you can actually see the character of the impersonator coming through in a way that is stunning (the show has its flaws but the main actress is not one of them).  And that is what we kind of have here in reverse.  We know they are acting.  They know they are acting.  But they think they are pulling it off even as it is some of the worst acting ever.  And for such simple people, both thanks to no critical thinking skills as well as the other kind of simple they think makes them pious and pure, they really think their straight forward TGIF sitcom plotlines of romance and wooing are so fancy and tricksy and have viewers just enthralled.  And you can see that.  You can actually see how Bin and the Holy Goalie think they are performing something so grand and engaging that the Hallmark Channel only wishes it could afford their plotting for their next run of treacle-ly romance movies.   These two really seemed to think they were carrying out the best and most dramatic performance ever.   Can you imagine them on a paint ball range or LARPing?    I so want Poppy and George from Almost Royal stopping in to pay the entire clan a "regal" visit. 

Sadly, the leg-humpers do believe this shit is unscripted and genuine.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Sadly, the leg-humpers do believe this shit is unscripted and genuine.

You mean this show is all fake. Thanks for bursting my brain. Now I  will drown myself in  Santgria. Whats next there is no Santa. 

Edited by Rabbittron
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

You mean this show is all fake. Thanks for bursting my brain. Now I  will drown myself in  Santgria. Whats next there is no Santa. 

While you're at it, wrassling is fake aaaaaaaaaand there's no such thing as the Tooth Fairy. You're welcome.  If you still feel sad, I'll be in the prayer closet. I'll open up some sangria.

• Love 2

The way Jessa kept saying, "Ben was eating Jinger's taco" totally made the episode. If only they understood what they were truly saying. It confused me that Jinger talked about Ben eating the taco like a person eats popcorn during the scary part of the movie. Have the Duggars ever seen a scary movie? Veggie Tales?

What is disappointing about the Duggar girls is you think you have their personality all figured out. That is, until they start courting. I thought Jill was a goody two shoes but she couldn't quit kissing Derrick on her wedding day and two years later, she only has one kid. I had high hopes for Jessa and Jinger to run away and be free from Boob, but it seems like they drank more Kool-Aid than their peers. You just don't know what kind of fundie they will turn out to be until they start courting. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BDS said:

The way Jessa kept saying, "Ben was eating Jinger's taco" totally made the episode. If only they understood what they were truly saying. It confused me that Jinger talked about Ben eating the taco like a person eats popcorn during the scary part of the movie. Have the Duggars ever seen a scary movie? Veggie Tales?

What is disappointing about the Duggar girls is you think you have their personality all figured out. That is, until they start courting. I thought Jill was a goody two shoes but she couldn't quit kissing Derrick on her wedding day and two years later, she only has one kid. I had high hopes for Jessa and Jinger to run away and be free from Boob, but it seems like they drank more Kool-Aid than their peers. You just don't know what kind of fundie they will turn out to be until they start courting. 

I don't think its totally Kool Aid on Jessa's part.  I think Jessa is smarter than we give her credit for,  I think with Jessa it's more like she is desperately trying to keep the fundie fan base she has while tentatively pushing the boundaries.  I don't think Jessa does much that she hasn't carefully planned in advance.  She is definitely not comfortable with spur of the moment.

Jinger, on the other hand, may rebel someday but for now I think she is a true believer.

• Love 3

Re: Jill having only one kid, I keep thinking that Jill and Derick practiced safe sex due to the threat of Zika. yes, this would technically be against their beliefs but even the Catholic Church is making an exception so people can behave responsibly without guilt. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
3 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Re: Jill having only one kid, I keep thinking that Jill and Derick practiced safe sex due to the threat of Zika. yes, this would technically be against their beliefs but even the Catholic Church is making an exception so people can behave responsibly without guilt. 

However, I would argue that many a Catholic has used birth control long before Zika, guilt free.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

However, I would argue that many a Catholic has used birth control long before Zika, guilt free.

Very true. Perhaps some Fundies do also, but I think they are much less likely to do such a thing due to their brainwashing.  Hoping that Derick's somewhat advanced education - or love of Jill, or moral compass - helped them walk through this Season of Life. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 3

I wonder what the percentage of fundies is who use some form of birth control.  I'm sure some of them are because there are quite a few two and three child families at our local fundie church.  They obviously don't all subscribe to quiverful. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:44 PM, BDS said:

This is hysterical !!!! "Ben was eating Jinger's TACO!". This got my morning going........

What's next. They drive off in a pink Cadillac? Or take a ride with the "little man in the boat".

Oh, Duggars.............................you slay me.  

• Love 5
On 9/21/2016 at 9:17 PM, Loves2Dance said:

I spent the entire episode wondering why Babe didn't bring another coffee mug bundle of flowers---they've been in the past 2 episodes and now they surprise her and nothing? Sheesh Babe, you're slacking! 

I saw flowers in the preview and this time it was a little bigger than the coffee mug.

8 hours ago, Evagirl said:

I saw flowers in the preview and this time it was a little bigger than the coffee mug.

That's good to know.  Based on the smaller and smaller bouquets Jeremy was showing up with, I was expecting him to show up next time with a blade of grass in a test tube.

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

This is hysterical !!!! "Ben was eating Jinger's TACO!". This got my morning going........

What's next. They drive off in a pink Cadillac? Or take a ride with the "little man in the boat".

Oh, Duggars.............................you slay me.  

I'm a 54 year old heathen and I've never heard the double-entendre meaning of any of those. I can figure out "taco" but the rest have gone right over my head. Then again my mother raised me to be a "lady." I guess I missed out on a lot. ;)

• Love 5