Type keyword(s) to search

Berlin Station - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/30/2019 at 9:34 PM, ShortyMac said:

https://tvline.com/2019/03/29/berlin-station-cancelled-epix-season-4/

Cancelled after three seasons.

I'm bummed; we'll never see the fallout of Frost killing Daniel.

Terrible news. It was good show (although I was a little nervous of the direction after Richard Armitage left). Anyway, EPIX should be grateful they had this. What other good show do they have at this time? I doubt I'll be tuning to this channel for any original show for a long time.

• Love 1

Caught this last week when getting epix for another show. Great series, I used to live in Berlin so I came for the Berlin nostalgia, and stayed for an unexpectedly fun spy show. Loved Michelle, Rhys and the guys who played Robert and Stephen. Could have done without the obligatory Daniel/Esther romance, and Keke Palmer was god-awful.

I really enjoyed the character's interactions, their varying levels of German fluency, and the deliberate way all the spies spoke seemed believably calculating. I knew Stephen was Diver the minute they showed him in that hat from behind, but would Esther make that connection from a picture, hmmm.

Sorry the ride is over, 

• Love 2

Late to the party. Just finished binging S1. Heard it was cancelled.

Not bad, the ending was a little contrived. Hector should've taken one last full swing at the agency/intelligence community in general. After Clair why did he work for the Germans again. What were Han's motives again and who took him out?

Some epis and scenes were excellent and others seemed to be lacking or off. It could be writing/acting especially with non Americans writing for or portraying Americans. I thought I heard some Irish accent from some of the actors. Same on Chicago Fire with Australian playing the boss. Foreign or accented actors come off very monotone when speaking English sometimes.

Like to see Michelle Forbes act. She just had a CIA role in Treadstone as well.

I guess Homeland lite?

• Love 2