Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

On 2/25/2020 at 7:47 PM, Florinaldo said:

Logorrheic defendant is so obsessed with her precious breasts being touched that she was the one who kept banging them during her rant. I feel all viewers should have been awarded a pain and suffering compensation for having to watch her and listen to her ramblings.

Can you imagine her leaving her car window open enough for the process server to fondle her breasts? She would have rolled that window up so fast that his hand would have been trapped and then she would have most likely driven away and done donuts in the parking lot so she could watch him swing around - then she would open the window at maximum velocity and watch him fly across the parking lot and then run him over. THAT's the kind of personality she had. 

I work at a college with about 6,000 students. You would not believe the number of students who now show up with 'Therapy Dogs', because these kids (18-22) are 'dealing with anxiety'.

The problem is a difference between "Service Dogs" and "Emotional Support Animals".  Anybody can buy an orange vest on the internet and claim to have an "emotional service dog" (or peacock or miniature horsie or rooster). Guess what? We ALL have anxiety.  We all worry about whether we're going to have to live in a rooming house with 14 other weirdos when we get older and don't have the money to "uh, MOOOOVE" out. I personally worry about whether my house will ever get hot enough for the toilet water to boil and burn my heiney.  And I mostly worry whether Byrd is going to have to pay for childcare for my grandchildren when my kids won't fill out the paperwork so I can double dip and get money on the side from claiming them on my taxes so I can pay off my car title loan and get my new boo on my cell phone plan. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

3 p.m. episodes, both reruns, probably 2016-

First-

The Ever Changing Dog Attack Story-10 year old boy is attacked by defendant's vicious dog.   Defendant keeps changing how it happened, denies boy was bitten, and it was all boy's fault.   Defendant is another disgusting dog owner who blames the victim for everything.  

Defendant child sits in the chair of justice, and tells JJ what happened.   Child was walking home from school, defendant had baby stroller, and dog on leash.     Child was bitten, had four shots on the day of the attack, until the rabies shot record was discovered.     Defendant didn't ever tell about her dog attack, and someone from animal control/police found out who attacked someone else the next day, and it was also defendant's dog.   

Defendant's lie is that she saw child approaching, she claims (lies) that she told child to go around her other side, claims the child was only barking at the child, and didn't bite him.    What a despicable liar she is.    Affidavit by defendant directly contradicts her court statement, and claims child attacked her dog.     In the second case, nothing was done because the attack was on another dog.       (In many states, the attack or death of another animal does not lead to charges against the owner, no matter how predatory the animal is).  (JJ tries to get through to the defendants that their baby is in danger from this jealous dog, but they still claim that everything was a money grab by plaintiff's father, and nothing was their fault.).

Out of pocket is $1.346 for the child, and plaintiff gets that.    

Fumigation Fence War-Defendant had his house fumigated, and tented.   Plaintiff claims her fence was knocked over by the tent, and fence hit her car.   Plaintiff wants her $500 deductible.     Defendant claims the insurance for his homeowners, and the fumigation company should have worked this out between them.     Why didn't the defendant just pay the $500.    $500 to plaintiff. 

Second-

Icy Road Spin Scare-Plaintiff suing ex-boyfriend for damaging her car while he was borrowing it.     According to plaintiff they had a huge, violent fight, over the damage to her car.  Then he moved in with roommates a few blocks from her house.    Defendant was driving plaintiff's vehicle, was on I-70, spun out, and pulled on the median with minor damage (plaintiff's photo shows major wheel well damage, and passenger side front fender and bumper damage).

Defendant claims his Jeep was damaged while plaintiff was driving it, and that was before the first fight about her car.   Defendant claims they fought over the car, but there was another fight outside his place, and that's when the second fight about his car happened.    Defendant claims they had a later fight, and she threw her phone at his car, and broke the windshield.    JJ tells them to fix their own cars, neither one had collision insurance.      Cases dismissed.  

Dune Buggy Bamboozle-Plaintiffs bought a dune buggy from defendant.   They claim it wasn't the one they wanted, and finally returned to defendant, and it was damaged (according to defendant).    Defendant wants money for repairing dune buggy.   Apparently, the defendant's company shipped the wrong dune buggy to the plaintiffs, and defendant says plaintiffs were fine with that.  Plaintiff say defendant is a liar. Defendants say main difference between two buggies is color, and side panels, plus buggy was a floor model.   Plaintiffs say they never used the buggy, but defendant says it was used.  Plaintiffs get money back $4921.   

• Love 1

5 p.m. episodes, both recent reruns-

First (Rerun)-

Kidnapped and Tossed to the Road-Plaintiff claims defendant (Turquoise haired wastrel is a dance instructor, and does social media) kidnapped her during a Tinder date, then invaded her privacy by live streaming the event.  (As I've been informed by friend's kids,  Tinder is for hook ups, and not anything more than a hookup).   Defendant makes money from views of his event he live streams.   His Turquoise hair matches his tie, and makes a snotty remark about what a chore it was to go out with trolls like the plaintiff, and just said she's ugly.    Defendant witness is a giggling fool.   

Plaintiff could hear text to voice insults on his phone when he was driving her around, and he refused to let her out of the car (kidnapping or false imprisonment or both).    Byrd refuses to explain vlogs to JJ, and is laughing at the stupid defendant's statements.    Defendant was streaming video of plaintiff for the entire date.     

When plaintiff realized she was being live streamed, and wanted out of the car, said she was being kidnapped, and he refused to take her back to her car, he finally dropped her off at a gas station.     I hope the plaintiff did file police charges against him.  

If the defendant rolls his eyes at JJ one more time, I hope Byrd beats him to a pulp with the Fly Swatter of Death.   What a total jerk the defendant is, and so is his witness, the grinning idiot.  $5,000 for plaintiff, nothing for the narcissistic idiot defendant. 

(My question is why anyone would climb into a car with someone they don't even know?   This could have ended a lot worse, as in an episode on ID channel about dead bodies).   

Second-

Call CPS If You Suspect Abuse-Plaintiff mother suing daughter, SSMOF (Sainted Single Mother of Four) for unpaid utility bills.  I think mother just wanted the world to know there are two fathers each for the four children, have different fathers from daughter's current or past boyfriends , and no one supports these poor children besides Byrd.     Grandmother moved into place with defendant granddaughter, and was paying rent, some groceries, but the other utility bill was in mother's name, without plaintiff's/mother's  knowledge.    Mother/plaintiff found out the utility was in her name, and had to get a payment plan to pay the bill.   Lease was in grandmother, and granddaughter's name.    Grandmother says plaintiff never gave consent to put utility bill in plaintiff's name.     Defendant daughter claims mother tried to use fraud to get utility bill paid out of her bank account, but failed. 

Mother/plaintiff cut off the power when grandmother moved out, after she found out bill existed.   

Counter claim by defendant is for filing a false CPS report, that alleged the live-in boyfriend was abusing the children.    Defendant says FBI was investigating grandmother, and sadly, no one tells us what grandma was in trouble with the FBI about, and defendant wanted her to leave.    Defendant claims mother called CPS, after grandmother was booted out of the home.      $366 for plaintiff for utility bill, nothing for defendant.

Stiffed on $30K Rent to Own-Plaintiff suing defendant for money owed for Crown Victoria.  Defendant did some home repair jobs for defendant, and rented a house from defendant on a land contract (rent-to-buy on the property for $30,000 at 6%).    Defendant claims he paid his rent, but has no proof.   Defendant claims plaintiff gave him the Crown Vic. in return for driving plaintiff around, and she denies this.   Plaintiff decided to move back into the house, claims defendant only paid three payments, and still owes two more.   Plaintiff says she sold him the car for $1250, but defendant says it was free in return for helping her, and she signed the title over to defendant..   

Defendant and son drove 12 hours round trip to where plaintiff was living, loaded a U-Haul for her, hauled it to the rent-to-own house.   She didn't pay them a penny for this.   Plaintiff case dismissed.    It would have cost the plaintiff thousands to hire someone to drive a moving truck for her, plus the rental costs, and loading and unloading her stuff.  

Amazingly, they are all living together, but defendant is moving soon.  

Defendant claims plaintiff made false claims of domestic violence, and other criminal acts.   Defendant keeps the car. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

5 p.m. episodes, both recent reruns-

First (Rerun)-

Kidnapped and Tossed to the Road-Plaintiff claims defendant (Turquoise haired wastrel is a dance instructor, and does social media) kidnapped her during a Tinder date, then invaded her privacy by live streaming the event.  (As I've been informed by friend's kids,  Tinder is for hook ups, and not anything more than a hookup).   Defendant makes money from views of his event he live streams.   His Turquoise hair matches his tie, and makes a snotty remark about what a chore it was to go out with trolls like the plaintiff, and just said she's ugly.    Defendant witness is a giggling fool.   

I must say, the turquoise haired wastrel seriously had to be one of the best-looking guys which Judge Judy had on in a long time. Very sexy - and he knew it.  A rare breed who could get away with 'turquoise hair'.  They should nab him for 'the bachelor'. 

(edited)

5 p.m. episodes, first one new, second one recent rerun-

First (New)-

Thanks for the Car! Now, Let's Break Up-Plaintiff suing defendant / ex-girlfriend for the return or value of a car, and an unpaid loan to move.     The litigants only dated for three months.    Litigants met as mutual tenants renting rooms in a private home, plaintiff still lives there, and defendant moved out.    In the list of gifts, defendant forgets to mention the car plaintiff gave her, and then she broke up him.     Car was purchased for $2900 from a friend of plaintiff.   (If this woman says "basically" one more time, I'm going to scream).   How rotten, the defendant was preying on a lonely man, who was willing to help her in return for the relationship.     Defendant admits she was going to pay the plaintiff back for the car.    

(What's wrong with the defendant?   She is leaning, and swaying, bowing front and back, and is nervous as hell).

Defendant admits she paid back $800+ on the car.   Defendant still owes $2100 for the car.    Plaintiff gets $2100 for car, but nothing else because he had no expectation of repayment.   Defendant case thrown out. 

Painting Damage and Defamation-Plaintiff painting business owner is suing defendant for unpaid services, and defamation.   $3650 was the price, $2190 was paid by defendant.   defendant  still owes, $1460.     Defendant fired plaintiff's company, and hired another person to finish the job, for the same $1460.   JJ sees the photos of what plaintiffs did, and what the other woman defendant hired did, and plaintiff's work sucks.  Defendant wants a lien the plaintiff put on her home removed.  

Plaintiff case dismissed, because they do lousy work.  Defendant will not get money, because she's not out any additional money.  However, plaintiffs refuse to remove the lien, but JJ can't help with that.   Defendant will have to hire an attorney to get the lien lifted.    It will be cheaper to pay the plaintiffs off, then hire the attorney.  

Second (Rerun)-

Woman in Wheelchair Struck by Car-Plaintiff was in a mobility scooter, crossing a five lane road (middle lane is a turn lane, not a break down lane the way defendant calls it).   Plaintiff was jay scooting, in the turn lane, and defendant hit her scooter.  Scooter was destroyed, and plaintiff is so lucky to only have bruises, and road rash.    Defendant keeps saying they collided, but won't admit she hit the woman in the mobility scooter.  Plaintiff says it's 1/2 mile to the nearest crosswalk.  Plaintiff was halfway across from the bus stop, to the driveway of the plaintiff's home.   Defendant was going to her apartment complex, and she didn't see the defendant coming. 

Defendant claims scooter rider was too low to see from her SUV.   I have a neighbor with a mobility scooter, and they aren't that low that drivers won't see them.  Fortunately, for the plaintiff, the scooter was hit, and pushed away by the SUV.   If she had gone under the SUV, I doubt defendant would have ever stopped. 

Plaintiff mentions that defendant did not have insurance, and the police report says defendant does not have insurance.    Defendant says the lack of insurance allegation is a lie, and the police, district attorney, and everyone else is plotting against her, including her insurance company.    

Heartless defendant is sent to get proof that she had insurance on the date of the accident.   This is when we get to hear the defendant's conspiracy theory about everyone taking her right to drive away.    Defendant shouldn't be driving anything, she's obviously a few sandwiches short of a picnic.    Defendant's car was impounded for lack of insurance, and it's still in impound after three months.   

Plaintiff is lucky to be alive after this loon ran her down.    $5,000 for plaintiff.

(What a horrible excuse for a human being the defendant is.    She really doesn't care that she hit someone with her SUV, had no insurance, and could have killed the plaintiff.    Defendant has no heart).

(On a personal note, where I live there is a heavily traveled road with a big grocery store, and other stores on one side of the three lane road, and across the road is a retirement home, with apartments.    I have seen people cross that road, during the middle of the day, one on a scooter, and the other using a walker.    I guess the retirement place doesn't have a van service, so they just take their chances on getting across the road in one piece.) 

Judge Judy Doesn't Believe the Case-Plaintiff purchased suites of rooms for a sporting event, for $13,500, (and $4500 was pay pal).      He's suing the defendant for selling him access to the luxury athletic event suites, and it turns out defendant had no right to sell the access.    JJ is suspicious of the receipt plaintiff has for cash, of about $6,000.   JJ sends case back to small claims in Boise.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

JJ is suspicious of the receipt plaintiff has for cash, of about $6,000. 

i saw that episode tonight.  JJ refused to even look at it.  Maybe it was real?  Something about the case was fishy to her.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

However, plaintiffs refuse to remove the lien, but JJ can't help with that.   Defendant will have to hire an attorney to get the lien lifted.    It will be cheaper to pay the plaintiffs off, then hire the attorney.  

I really wish she would have done one of her 'do you want to get back to Alabama?' to force them into removing the lien.  That's BS and - as you mentioned - she'll have to pay more to get it removed legally - - - but i'm wondering if then she can force the painters to cover her legal costs.  I wonder how many other liens that company has file.  I'm guessing it's >1.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

i saw that episode tonight.  JJ refused to even look at it.  Maybe it was real?  Something about the case was fishy to her.

JJ acted as if she had never heard of PayPal.  I don't understand why she didn't even question the defendant about the transaction.  In his halterview, he said his defense was going to be that the plaintiff made an investment, and no investment is 100% secure.

As for the scooter/car accident, why doesn't that community put a crosswalk near the bus stop or allow the buses to go up the driveway to the apartment complex?  Why should any wheelchair-bound person have to risk crossing 3-4 lanes of traffic?  That woman is very fortunate to have not been seriously injured.  I work early in the morning and it's very dark outside.  Around my workplace at that hour, there are lots of people on bicycles.  They wear dark clothing and dark backpacks and I'm terrified I'll hit someone, because they dart in and out of traffic, cross against lights and drive on sidewalks (against the law here).  Look for me on an upcoming episode of JJ.  I'm going to put some masking tape on my forehead that says, "Brilliant."  When JJ gets snarky with me, I'm going to pull my bangs away from the tape and snarl, "Does it say 'stupid' here?"  Then Byrd will forcibly remove me from the courtroom and JJ will rule for the plaintiff/bicyclist.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff case dismissed, because they do lousy work.  Defendant will not get money, because she's not out any additional money.  However, plaintiffs refuse to remove the lien, but JJ can't help with that.   Defendant will have to hire an attorney to get the lien lifted.    It will be cheaper to pay the plaintiffs off, then hire the attorney. 

The plaintiff's husband shouting "The pictures are bogus!" made me wish Byrd would go pound his little head into his shoulders. Those pictures were atrocious, it's no wonder the defendant went with someone else. 

2 hours ago, VartanFan said:

I really wish she would have done one of her 'do you want to get back to Alabama?' to force them into removing the lien.  That's BS and - as you mentioned - she'll have to pay more to get it removed legally - - - but i'm wondering if then she can force the painters to cover her legal costs.  I wonder how many other liens that company has file.  I'm guessing it's >1.

Me too, I didn't know that could happen but my husband, who used to own a construction company, said it's a standard practice when you don't get paid. I hope they get an attorney.

16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

(What's wrong with the defendant?   She is leaning, and swaying, bowing front and back, and is nervous as hell).

I think the missing front tooth said it all, what a hot mess she was, and taking advantage of the plaintiff is probably not the only heinous thing she's done. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ilovecomputers said:

Around my workplace at that hour, there are lots of people on bicycles.  They wear dark clothing and dark backpacks and I'm terrified I'll hit someone

Near my workplace there is a trestle bridge that is quite narrow, two lanes, and mere inches between your side view mirror and the stone walls. In the winter when it's dark from 4:00pm until 8:00am, it's like a pit under the trestle, they did install some meager lighting but it doesn't help much. At least once a month there is someone walking or riding a bike under the bridge and you can't see them until your on top of them. Its gotten so I slow down to almost a crawl on the super dark mornings and evenings as I come and go so I have time swerve or brake if I see someone. I pray no one gets hit. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, BexKeps said:

Its gotten so I slow down to almost a crawl on the super dark mornings and evenings as I come and go so I have time swerve or brake if I see someone. I pray no one gets hit. 

Well, Byrd will be dragging you out of the courtroom, too, alongside of me, grasping your cup of the water-no one-is-permitted-to-drink in your hand, sloshing its contents on Byrd's crisp, khaki uniform.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

3 p.m. episodes, both reruns, probably from 2016-

First-

Assault of the Landlord-Defendant had the woman pet sit, and a year ago the woman claimed she was a general contractor, and paid her $25,000 to g.c. the roof.      He says she never did any work, isn't a contractor, and has been on disability since 1992.  She claims her disability ended in 2015, but won't answer any of JJ's questions, so her case is dismissed. 

Defendant says he let her stay in the spare room occasionally, since she lived so far away.  She left for several weeks, and when he noticed a bad odor from the room, he entered and found a lot of his stolen property.  He claims after he changed the locks, the woman crawled under the house and broke in.  Defendant filed a police report alleging assault by her, theft, and wanted a protective order. and changed the locks.   Defendant was granted a one year protective order against the plaintiff.     Plaintiff wanted a temporary protective order and it wasn't made permanent.   JJ advises the defendant to have his attorney ask a judge to file a vexatious litigant order against plaintiff.   Cases dismissed. 

Pedestrian Slam in a Parking Lot-Plaintiff claims the defendant hit him with his car in a parking lot.   Defendant says he didn't do anything wrong, didn't even put in a claim with his insurance company, because he thinks nothing is wrong with the plaintiff.   Plaintiff claims the defendant doesn't have insurance, but defendant claims he does.   Plaintiff gets damages $2100  for medical bills, and lost wages.   

Second-

Eye Witness Wow-Plaintiff suing brother,and his wife over damage to plaintiff's rental car.   Defendants were having marital issues, and husband/brother wanted plaintiff to rent a car for him to take his two kids to visit in Minneapolis.  Witness for plaintiff, former neighbor of defendants, saw defendant wife smashing the windshield.   Defendants were late returning vehicle, and didn't pay plaintiff, until she threatened to file theft charges, then the windshield damage happened.   $741 to plaintiff

Pack Your Bags...Guilt Trip-Plaintiff loaned a 30 year old truck to her son, claims it was trashed by the time returned, and she's suing for the truck value, and every penny she's ever spent on it, and that's not happening.   Plaintiff claims truck was her only vehicle, but her long term boyfriend has three vehicles she used.   Plaintiff/mother claims she had to junk/salvage the truck.   However, her son-in-law, and son/defendant say she sold it to someone they know.  Plaintiff wants $2300 for the truck, but she gets zip.

The plaintiff/mother is so full of it, and her phony poor little me routine in the Hall-terview is pathetic.   Crying works better with actual tears.

• Love 2
(edited)

5 p.m. episodes, first one new, second one a recent rerun-

First (New)-

Vandalism, Eviction and a Death Threat?!-Plaintiff suing former co-worker/neighbor for stalking, harassment, and vandalizing her vehicle.   Plaintiff called police (no arrests), tried to get defendant evicted (they live in separate buildings, but the same complex), called CPS against defendant (CPS didn't do anything).         Plaintiff is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.    (I bet Byrd puts the crossword puzzle down, and watches plaintiff closely).    Police report is a cell phone photo of a 'police report', there is no other report, and witness to car vandalism apparently took a one way trip to Mars to get away from the plaintiff.   (I disagree with JJ plaintiff isn't a smart woman, she's a nut case).    Plaintiff claims former co-workers heard defendant bragging about the vandalism (witnesses are also not in court).  Plaintiff claims some man watches her apartment for defendant constantly.    Plaintiff filed in July for a protective order, no police report, no witnesses, no order granted. 

Plaintiff claims defendant threatened to shoot plaintiff in the head.    Plaintiff is proud of calling CPS, and claims defendant has her kid watching plaintiff's comings and goings (probably in a space ship).   CPS didn't even open a report.  

This is so scary!   Plaintiff has temporary custody of a relative's baby.   If CPS should investigate anyone, it should be the plaintiff.  

Everything dismissed (sorry JJ, but defendant should have received $5,000 for the harassment).      

Yes, plaintiff in the harassment case claims a man watches her comings, and goings from her apartment for defendant.   Plaintiff also claimed defendant's young son watched her too, and sometimes sat on the apartment steps waiting for her to do something he could report.    I am very upset that plaintiff is watching a relative's child full time for a year, while that person is deployed.      I hope plaintiff does move, but I've heard too many people on this show claim they're moving very soon, and it turns out they've been talking about moving for a long time, but never move. 

Bambi or Schindler's List-Plaintiff suing brother for balance of a car she sold him.   (The litigants are foster brother and sister).     Defendant bought 2003 Mercedes from sister, car had 209,000 miles.    Defendant stopped paying when car started having issues.   Defendant parked car outside plaintiff's place.    Defendant's affidavit to court varies dramatically from testimony in court (that's where JJ's analogy between Bambi v. Schindler's List comes in comparing the stories).          Plaintiff is only suing for $1500, and that's what she gets. 

Second (Rerun)-

Beware of Narcissistic Fools-Plaintiff suing ex-boyfriend for furniture, credit card charges, and other stuff.      They were shacking up in his house with their children.  She wants to be reimbursed for her family vacation that he went on.   

Plaintiff gets dining sets back, desk, antique table, and she has five days to get a police escort, get movers to take everything back, or else it goes.   Plaintiff can't enter the house, just the movers.     Defendant is counter claiming for harassment, and trespassing by plaintiff.    Plaintiff likes to send nasty texts to defendant's new girlfriend, who is as usual, his witness.    (I don't think the plaintiff should get away with threatening anyone, and she has no room to talk about being a tramp).  

Defendant will pay his own insurance bill now.  Defendant claims his witness, his current girlfriend (she was married when they started dating) saw plaintiff come in his garage.  Plaintiff gets $2278, and her furniture 

(Not one of these fools that warn everyone about their toxic exes, ever mentions the  effects on their kids of bringing someone new into their home on a rotating basis either.)

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff claims some man watches her apartment for defendant constantly. 

I believe the defendant's son is one of the people plaintiff claimed was watching her.  Defendant's demeanor was very calm during the proceedings.  In the hallterview, plaintiff said something about the whole thing starting when she (plaintiff) refused or wasn't able to give the defendant a ride home from work, but defendant said she caught plaintiff in a lie about living in a big house.  Strange case.  Reminds me of an old "Knots Landing" I saw.  Ah, I miss those nighttime soaps...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/3/2020 at 10:18 PM, parrotfeathers said:

23 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

JJ acted as if she had never heard of PayPal.  I don't understand why she didn't even question the defendant about the transaction.  In his halterview, he said his defense was going to be that the plaintiff made an investment, and no investment is 100% secure.

I stopped here this morning specifically to see if anyone was talking about this weird case. I don't understand why they would even air it. Why did she not look at the receipt? Or question the defendant? At least show us why it was fishy before throwing it out. I just don't get the point of leaving us wondering why she was so "not interested" (complete with "I know you're trying to scam me" face on) in even seeing the receipt. If she looked and it was sketchy, fine. But this just left us hanging in puzzled confusion. I hate that.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

But this just left us hanging in puzzled confusion. I hate that.

Yes I agree!  I've seen her throw cases out before but at least she looked at the stuff.  One time she accused them of conspiring to be on the show just to get the money and then were going to share it.

• Love 2
(edited)

First-

3 p.m., both rerun episodes, probably around 2016-

First-

Teen Lies to Police-Plaintiff mother (car owner) is suing her son's former friend, for forcing son to let defendant drive the car, and wrecking it.  The two teens have been at the same school for several years, and were friendly.   Plaintiff son claims defendant forced him to let him drive the car, and he wrecked it.   Defendant says plaintiff was driving during the accident, and wanted defendant to switch places and lie to police. 

Plaintiff mother claims defendant bullied her son, which is ridiculous since the son was friendly with defendant, and liked to go to defendant's house to visit.   Defendant says plaintiff was driving to the donut shop, car brakes failed, and car crashed, Defendant says plaintiff wanted him to take responsibility for the accident, and he did.   Plaintiff mother wants over $2700 to fix the car, but Blue Book is only $1525.

Insurance disclaimed paying, because the driver defendant wasn't licensed, or on the insurance.  $1525 for plaintiff.

Rodent Disposal Fee Fight-Plaintiff step grandmother owns condo, and step granddaughters moved in to the condo.   Plaintiff loaned $5,000 to one step granddaughter (who moved in with her two kids).   Defendant paid back all but $1,000, and she claims she doesn't owe the step grandmother anything.   Grandmother claims she has a signed lease with defendant (other step granddaughter moved out), for her boyfriend, and now, two kids to live there.  Rent is $787 a month, and didn't pay for two months.   Plaintiff's witness granddaughter lived in condo for 7 years, and moved out when boyfriend moved in, and other baby was coming, and she said there never was a rat problem.     Defendant's reason for not paying rent is that the condo had a rat problem, but the one rat was finally caught, and it looks domestic to me.    

Plaintiff wants two months rent, $1000 loan, and rodent disposal fees.   They have a picture of the dead rat.   $2574  to plaintiff.   

Second-

The Picasso of Upholstery-Plaintiff wanted his boat seats, etc. reupholstered, and claims the "Picasso of Upholstery" damaged the boat.   Plaintiff bought 20 year old boat 7 or 8 years ago, and wanted it reupholstered.   $2200 was the upholstery estimate.    Boat needed to be lifted up so water would run out while it was outside the shop.   Upholsterer was supposed to use stainless steel staples, but used metal that will rust through quickly.   Plaintiff claims defendant didn't put seats, etc back.    Plaintiff is not getting $2200 back for upholstery, delayed payment for months, and had what he paid for done.   He saw the boat before he paid and picked it up, but said nothing about the boat, paid and took it home.  Case dismissed.

Blue Book Shmoo Book-Plaintiffs want car payments, and repairs back.  Plaintiffs were sure they couldn't get financed by a real car dealer, so they bought the car for three times Blue Book value from defendant.   Plaintiffs claim defendant scammed them into returning the vehicle.   Plaintiffs paid $500 down, plus $600 more.    Plaintiff says defendant said they either return vehicle, or he would report it as stolen.   Defendant says the plaintiffs flattened the tires, and threw the keys at him, and he had to have the car towed. 

Defendant received $1400 for the $875 car (Blue Book).    $ 800 to plaintiffs.  Defendant ripped them off, usury in contracts is naughty, and he wanted three times what the car was worth.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I must say, the turquoise haired wastrel seriously had to be one of the best-looking guys which Judge Judy had on in a long time. Very sexy - and he knew it.  A rare breed who could get away with 'turquoise hair'.  They should nab him for 'the bachelor'. 

Like my dear Great Aunt Katherine used to say, "Pretty is as pretty does." He seemed super pleased when Judge Judy noticed that he had coordinated his hair with his tie.

I've been catching up on recorded court shows and Judge Marilyn from People's Court told a defendant that the defendant was, "Pretty but evil." And speaking of pretty...has anyone else seen Judge Jerry Springer's bailiff?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

First (New)-

Section 8? Not so Great-Plaintiff/landlady suing defendants (former tenant is the Section 8, her father/witness was the guarantor of the rent, who did not pay it either).   Plaintiff lived with her three children, her kid's father, and her adult brother.   Rent was $1600 a month, paid by Section 8 at the beginning.    Children's father, and defendant's brother both helped to pay the rent, and when they left the unemployed tenant had Section 8.    Then when defendant was dumped by Section 8, she didn't pay the rent.    Landlady and tenant both were notified that Section 8 wouldn't cover the rent.   Defendant had a one year lease, with Section 8 (October of 2018, to October of 2019).   

There were a lot of nefarious people who were coming and going in the house, or living as illegal tenants.    Defendant tenant's father was guarantor of the rent, and he refused to pay the rent.   Since no rent was paid, landlady intended to evict, but tenant moved out in June after not paying rent.   

Damages are supposed to be huge, tons of junk and trash left in the house, pictures are submitted by plaintiff.   Some of the damages by tenant were caused by tenant's children who were playing on the rental house roof, a photo of them is submitted, on the house roof, and garage roof, playing.        Roofer repair bill is submitted.    Pictures of trash in house are stunning.    Landlady had to remove 5,060 lbs. of trash, it took a 27 foot U-haul to get rid of it.    Tenant's children live full time with defendant grandfather, and tenant only lives there occasionally.   Defendant's counter claim is that landlady attacked her, and left bruises, no medical report, as usual.   Landlady has text messages with the same bruise photos, (sent to landlady's daughter), and saying the boyfriend did it.   

Plaintiff gets $1543, for repainting and repair, (not for entire house).    Landlady kept the security deposit, and received some of the roof repair costs (there was a storm about that time too).    $2074 to plaintiff for damages above the security deposit.   Defendant's phony claim is thrown out. 

Second (Rerun)-

Judge Kicks Man Out of His Own House-Plaintiff is of ex-girlfriend/defendant, who got an order of protection banning plaintiff from his own home, when he regained the house (three months later), he says everything was stripped.  Defendant and her children lived with plaintiff for five months, and then she filed for protective order. 

She had left the home, and judge allowed her and her children to move back into the house, and banned plaintiff.   TRO was ex parte (plaintiff didn't get to testify or contest order).  Nothing in the application for protective order mentions that the home was plaintiff's.   The final decision, with two amendments, was man could move into his home, and applied for his possessions back.  Defendant took furniture, but returned it.  (Sometimes the person with the kids gets the best car, and the house, since the hearing for the protective order didn't include the facts that it wasn't her house, or the defendant's kids).   Defendant claims she didn't ask for the house, but moved back in anyway.    Defendant, and her children moved into the house for almost four months.    There were about six hearings about the protective orders, until plaintiff received his home back.     Some items were returned, but not plaintiff's military mementos.   Defendant took the washer/dryer, and returned it to the store.    

Defendant gets nothing. (some jurisdictions have gone so far over the line, that testimony by the protective order target isn't allowed, and they don't even get notice until the protective order is served).    Plaintiff gets washer/dryer money back, $1284. No estimate for damage repairs, so no money.  Defendant's stupid case is thrown out.  

Tree Huggin' Father/Daughter Duo-Plaintiffs (father and daughter) suing neighbor for tree services, harassment, and invasion of privacy.   Plaintiffs hired tree service to remove branches from neighbor's yard that has branches hanging over their house, and property, and they have written permission from the co-op board to remove.   (Both parties live in a co-op.   they own their mobile home, and the land is owned in common, and they all make the rules).  Defendant is shaking her head like a bobble head doll over everything.   JJ says board president has to do the tree trimming, but the co-op said the plaintiffs can hire a tree service and trim the tree.    Board president granted permission for the trimming.   However, since land is owned is common by the co-op, defendant has no right to tell the tree trimmers to leave her property. 

I already see what the plaintiffs are saying about defendant being the neighbor from hell. 

Defendant is counter suing for harassment, and damages to her home.   

Note to plaintiffs, if you ever want to sell the mobile home, and get away from defendant, going on Judge Judy is not the right way to do it.   Defendant simply won't shut up.      (I think the tree hugging part in the title is because defendant claims plaintiff doesn't think animals belong inside, or whoever writes the episode captions is drunk again).   Everything dismissed, on both sides.   In hall-terview the plaintiff says they did call police, and defendant was cited. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff gets $1543, for repainting and repair, (not for entire house). 

JJ is sometimes so tight-fisted about damages, you'd think the money came out of her pocket.  I think the invoice for removing all the trash was for over $1,700 alone.  Whacko female defendant mumbled something about one of her boyfriends putting holes in the walls.  I can't believe her children haven't been removed from that environment.  Grandpa seemed odd, too.  (Shakes head.)

• Love 7

3 p.m. episodes, both reruns, probably 2016-

First-

3 pm episodes, both reruns, probably from 2015 or 2016-

First-

Father Scams Inmate-Plaintiff car buyer suing seller for a Mustang purchase.    Plaintiff bought car from defendant for $3500.   Plaintiff bought car, paid in full, had car title, and took car.   Then four or five days later plaintiff was incarcerated for 14 or 15 months.   Plaintiff mother needed spare key to car, contacted defendant to get one.   Plaintiff never retitled, or registered car in plaintiff's name, a month or so later someone wanted to buy the car from mother on payments (it was still in defendant's name).    Plaintiff mother says the potential buyer (Adam) took car, paid her a few hundred dollars, car disappeared, and buyer was also incarcerated.   Defendant never saw the Mustang again.   

Plaintiff claims the defendant applied for a duplicate title, and resold the Mustang.   Defendant did get a duplicate title because plaintiff mother called him, said son had lost the title, and needed a replacement. 

Defendant says car was impounded two times, and that was when plaintiff mother needed title to get car out of impound (my guess is to resell it to the mysterious incarcerated person).   Plaintiff mother told defendant son that her son was driving car, and title flew out the window.   Defendant agreed to meet woman at the DMV, and made several appointments to meet her on different days, but she never appeared. 

Plaintiff found car on craigslist, car is registered to Freddy something, and Freddy said he traded his car and some money for Mustang, and no title.  My guess is Freddy had a title signed over to him, and registered it, so I bet plaintiff mommy had the title all along.  Freddy *** got car out of impound and registered it somehow.  Plaintiff mother is getting the overacting award for the show today.   I believe everything the defendant, and his son said about the case.    Defendant is found by JJ to have nothing to do with impound or reselling of car. Case dismissed.  

Brother's Gift Backfires-Plaintiff is suing his sister for her unpaid traffic tickets.  (On a tacky note, who did that to the defendant sister's hair? Edward Scissorhands maybe?).     Defendant claims plaintiff doesn't want her driving the car, and her only ticket was thrown out of court.   

Defendant claims everyone drives that same vehicle, including plaintiff, and various relatives, so who knows who got the tickets.   Defendant claims brother filed a false CPS claim against her, but there is no proof who called CPS.   Everything dismissed.  (Followed by a hug in the hall, so I suspect it was all phony to get the ticket paid).

Second-

Charity Golf Drama-Plaintiff suing charity golf match organizer for more money.  Plaintiff won $500, and wants $347 more.   Tournament sponsor runs a restaurant, caters a meal for the teams, and the payout for the tournament is $5,000 for scholarships.       Others who won donated cash prizes back to the charity, but not the plaintiff.   Plaintiff gets nothing. (Plaintiff was also so irritating, that the defendant/restaurant owner banned him from her establishment). 

Who Let the Cat Out-Plaintiff floor installer, suing defendant for non payment, after her cat was allowed to damage the floors by her adult son.     Plaintiff's son was watching house, and pets while plaintiff was out of town.    Defendant told to stuff it, it was her son's fault.  Plaintiff received no deposit.   $5,000 to plaintiff

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

JJ is sometimes so tight-fisted about damages, you'd think the money came out of her pocket.  I think the invoice for removing all the trash was for over $1,700 alone.  Whacko female defendant mumbled something about one of her boyfriends putting holes in the walls.  I can't believe her children haven't been removed from that environment.  Grandpa seemed odd, too.  (Shakes head.)

Plaintiff had the $1500 security deposit too.  So $3500 for sheetrock and trash removal -- that's not too bad.  But I do wonder if there were more damages.

Am I the only one who thought the defendant in the brother/foster-sister 2003 Mercedes "loan" case was kinda hot?  He had great cheekbones.  Reminded me of the actor who played Hanzee in Fargo, season two. 

• Love 4

First (New)-

Can Judge Judy Mend a Broken Family?-Plaintiff suing brother for unpaid truck driving wages, when she was stranded in Maryland.     Plaintiff wants $1100 in back wages,   Defendant owns a truck, plaintiff was driving his truck as an employee, from New Jersey to Maryland, with several stops on the way.     Plaintiff was being paid by number of miles, .30 per mile.    Plaintiff doesn't have all of the mileage covered cumulated for the last trip that plaintiff was not paid for.    Last trip should be $480, but plaintiff wants $1100.    (The plaintiff is giving me a headache with her endless babbling, should I sue her?).     

The plaintiff was supposed to pick up a truck, there was an argument, and she was stranded by the brother in Jessup, MD.    Defendant is counter suing, for nothing I care about.  Plaintiff was supposed to do two loads, but only did one.    Plaintiff also sent a text to brother, saying "Good luck finding your truck".    The defendant's name is Addam, so why does plaintiff call him "Prince Adam"?      

Both litigants are swilling the "Water that Should Not be Drunk" like they're dying of thirst.   Plaintiff gets $1600, and this case is finally over.   Defendant counter suit dismissed.  

Second (Rerun)-

That's What Mothers Do-Plaintiff mother suing her adult daughter who wanted phones, cell phones, and a loan for two months rent.  Daughter/defendant has four kids.   Plaintiff has been giving loans for rent, and laptops for grand kids, $1,038.   $450 for one month's rent, $100 for three pre-paid telephones.  Defendant has never repaid any loans.   

$1595 was the next 'loan'.  Mother had zero expectation of being repaid, since daughter and husband never paid anything back.  Defendant has no income, so now she wants daughter to repay everything.  Sadly, plaintiff has applied for disability, and was turned down once, and has reapplied.   Plaintiff's boyfriend in also disabled.   

Defendant's husband is not father of any of the four children, and there is no formal child support.  Actually, three of the kids live with their father, and defendant has them a few hours a day, so she should be paying child support.   Plaintiff gets $1350 for three months rent, no other 'loans' had an expectation of repayment.

8K Snatched from Model Child's Bank Account-Plaintiff is suing father because at 19 years old he bought her a car, as a gift, but father didn't pay the car loan off.   8 years later the money was yanked out of plaintiff's bank account for the car, after a judgment.     Defendant deadbeat father says only initial down payment was on him, and daughter should have paid the rest of the money. 

Defendant gave car to now ex-wife to drive, it broke down, and was put in plaintiff's aunt's back yard, and seven years later it's still there.   Loan amount is up to $8400, with interest and fees, and plaintiff's attorney is trying to get amount reduced.   Plaintiff says lender settled for $5k.   Daughter has put herself through college, a Master's degree, and owns her own home, and has done very well without help from deadbeat father.     Defendant is still a bum.  

Plaintiff gets $2500 for the loan, and $500 for plaintiff's attorney, for father's half of the settlement and lawyer.  (I don't understand why daughter didn't get the full $5k, since she's actually out $8k from her wages being garnished.   Plus, the daughter will have this on her credit report for years.   Good thing the daughter bought a house already). 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Plaintiff had the $1500 security deposit too.  So $3500 for sheetrock and trash removal -- that's not too bad.  But I do wonder if there were more damages.

Am I the only one who thought the defendant in the brother/foster-sister 2003 Mercedes "loan" case was kinda hot?  He had great cheekbones.  Reminded me of the actor who played Hanzee in Fargo, season two. 

Yes - he was very attractive. He could be a male model (though I would get rid of the Whoopi Goldberg harido).

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

First (New)-

Can Judge Judy Mend a Broken Family?-Plaintiff suing brother for unpaid truck driving wages, when she was stranded in Maryland.     Plaintiff wants $1100 in back wages,   Defendant owns a truck, plaintiff was driving his truck as an employee, from New Jersey to Maryland, with several stops on the way.     Plaintiff was being paid by number of miles, .30 per mile.    Plaintiff doesn't have all of the mileage covered cumulated for the last trip that plaintiff was not paid for.    Last trip should be $480, but plaintiff wants $1100.    (The plaintiff is giving me a headache with her endless babbling, should I sue her?).     

The plaintiff was supposed to pick up a truck, there was an argument, and she was stranded by the brother in Jessup, MD.    Defendant is counter suing, for nothing I care about.  Plaintiff was supposed to do two loads, but only did one.    Plaintiff also sent a text to brother, saying "Good luck finding your truck".    The defendant's name is Addam, so why does plaintiff call him "Prince Adam"?      

Both litigants are swilling the "Water that Should Not be Drunk" like they're dying of thirst.   Plaintiff gets $1600, and this case is finally over.   Defendant counter suit dismissed.  

That case was so confusing and way toooooo boring to follow. I deleted it from my DVR by the second commercial. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think truck drivin’ Sis won the JJ Guinness World Record for “Longest Uninterrupted Storytelling by a Plaintiff”.  Wow.  JJ never lets anyone ramble on and on with such a lengthy backstory! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I think truck drivin’ Sis won the JJ Guinness World Record for “Longest Uninterrupted Storytelling by a Plaintiff”.  Wow.  JJ never lets anyone ramble on and on with such a lengthy backstory! 

Yes!  I was amazed.  JJ must have been getting ready to go on a long vacation or something, and was feeling quite mellow.  But she had no time at all for brother, did she? 

At one point, plaintiff said "Long story short . . . " and my husband and I both said "Too late!" 

17 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I was waiting for JJ to interrupt with "I didn't go to postgraduate school for seven years to listen to you truck driving story. Not interested ma'am! ".

I was also intrigued by the sister referring to her brother as 'Prince Adam'.  I didn't realize the family was part of royalty. Too bad JJ didn't pick up on that. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2020 at 6:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Can Judge Judy Mend a Broken Family?

I think the brother's mistake was stranding her in Maryland. I would have dropped her off high and dry all the way down to Patagonia!

On 3/6/2020 at 6:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't understand why daughter didn't get the full $5k, since she's actually out $8k from her wages being garnished

Probably JJ's stinginess once again at work. Although it only benefited the deadbeat dad because otherwise the plaintiff would have gotten the whole of the award kitty, whereas they now split the amount remaining after she gets paid her judgment. So JJ does not really save the show any money because as we understand it, the same amount is always allocated (and spent) on each case.

• Love 2

First-

Pot Bellied Pig Bite-Plaintiff claims her (two blocks and two acres away) neighbor has a huge pot bellied pig (200 lbs.) that has escaped the stockade fence/chain link defendant's fence., Pig came on the plaintiff's property, and bit her Great Dane.  Plaintiff has an invisible fence, and a stone fence, except for one opening, and says the pig has come on her property before too.    There is a video of the pig in the plaintiff's yard, showing the pig biting the Great Dane.      Dane was bitten on the leg, and owner wants vet bills.      

Defendant was notified by the police to get her pig off plaintiff's property.    Defendant wants legal fees, she hired a lawyer to get documentation (defendant wanted dog's medical records), and animal control gave first bill to defendant.  The defendant had fence down over a month before the escape and bite.   (Defendant's witness is an animal control officer, testifying for defendant, and claiming the bite we saw on video didn't happen.)

Total vet bills $626, so $700 to plaintiff.  

Two Bedrooms Too Small-Plaintiff rented room in apartment from defendant.   Plaintiff was up to date on rent, when defendant changed the locks on him.  Defendant claims plaintiff was aggressive the second he moved in, and he evicted plaintiff for safety reasons.   It was a non-smoking apartment, and defendant claims plaintiff was smoking, but that wasn't in the lease (JJ asks what plaintiff was smoking).   Plaintiff claims an assault also.    Defendant claims plaintiff broke in, and stole two TVs, and other items, without proof, but neighbor who witnessed this isn't in court.  Defendant has photos showing burning items, and says plaintiff set something in his apartment on fire.    $700 rent and security back to plaintiff. 

Second-

Teen Savings Stolen by Mom-Plaintiff daughter wants her money back from her CD back, that the mother stole.   Since the daughter was a minor, the mother's name was on the account.  When daughter married last year, she went to the bank to cash the CD in. no one could find her account, then it was discovered that the mother cashed the CD in right after it was opened, almost 12 years ago. 

Mother denies cashing the CD in.   Mother claims if she cashed it in, the daughter wanted her to do it, but she doesn't remember anyway.    Daughter moved out at 18, and never moved back, put herself through college.   Sadly, there is not enough evidence to prove mother stole the money.      (I think the mother is full of it, her daughter never goes back to the home town, moved out the second she could, and the mother says they have a good relationship?  I don't believe it).   

I totally believe the bank, and that the mother stole the money.   JJ is wrong, the legal owner was the mother, according to the bank records, and the bank refused to give out further information about the CD because daughter is not the legal owner.     Case dismissed.  

Double Surgery Beat Down-Plaintiff suing ex-girlfriend for loans for car down payment, and medical and living expenses.  Girlfriend wasn't working for a while because of repeated surgeries.    Case dismissed.  

• Love 1
On 3/6/2020 at 9:42 PM, BusyOctober said:

Yes, I kept waiting for JJ to stop her and say, “It sounds like a whole lot of ‘Who Shot John’.”  Has anyone ever heard anyone but JJ use that expression?

(edited)

First (New)-

Shut This Family's Lights Out-Plaintiffs suing mother for ripping them off.   Plaintiff, and his fiance were living with the mother (defendant), for about 18 months.     Fiance (not the son) was informed when the house electricity would be turned off.   So the defendant needed the utilities in the plaintiff/fiance's name, (mother has bad credit) but bill would be paid out of the father (house owner) auto pay bank account.   

House was in foreclosure (according to the defendant), and conveniently burned down too.   The PG&E bill was in the thousands, then defendant's name, also in the thousands, and then the plaintiff fiance.    Bill was $3250 (or about that), when plaintiffs found out the bill wasn't being paid.   

As JJ says, the deadbeat defendant family don't pay the electricity, but keep putting the bill in different names, until bills reach a high amount, and utilities get cut off..    Defendant is alleged by plaintiff son to have opened Care  credit account, and other credit charges, also in plaintiff son's name.   The 'emergency dental work' was for veneers on defendant front teeth.    Plaintiff son disputed the charges with Care credit, and it was written off (defendant says she's paying the dentist).   Case is recalled so defendant can get proof she's paying the dentist (great idea, sticking a dentist with thousands of dollars worth of bills, in a court with the daughter of a dentist).    It doesn't show clear payments on the dentist bill.   

Plaintiffs claim that almost $10k was disputed and taken off of credit accounts, except for the mother's/defendant's $462 Victoria's Secret bill, now in collections.    There's also a Fingerhut charge account, that plaintiff son claims he didn't know about, but then he says he saw the items arrive, and they were addressed to him.  The plaintiff fiance was told why the utilities were going to be in his name.     I suspect he wasn't upset about the big bill, until he found out that a lousy credit report would do to his future nursing career prospects. 

I don't know how JJ decided, but I wouldn't give the plaintiffs anything, they knew about the accounts, and I suggest the son and mother pull this garbage a lot.  

Plaintiffs received $3500+ for the electric bill, and that's all.  

Best Friends: Worst Roommates-Plaintiffs were bad roommates, and plaintiff wanted his cousin to move in, with her children.    Defendant claims the cousin would move in alone, and later she, and the father of the kids, and the kids all moved into one room.   Plaintiff is still suing defendant for not paying his half of the rent, when the cousin was paying it already.   It's plaintiff's problem if he didn't make the cousin pay the rent.    (Plaintiff should be suing the hair stylist that did that dye job, and cut to his hair).   

Defendant's counter claim will be heard, and dismissed.   

Plaintiff case dismissed.

Second (Rerun)-

Paying the Puppy Premium-Plaintiffs suing for value of French Bulldog puppy (for $3500).   The plaintiffs said the dog took too much time and effort, so they gave the puppy to defendant.    Now they are suing for the value of the puppy, but there is no contract, oral or written, to pay for the year old Frenchie.   Defendant had another Frenchie.     One plaintiff took puppy to defendant's house, puppy was over a year old by then.    As JJ says, the puppy was smaller and more valuable as a puppy, than it was a year later.   Plaintiffs now want $3500 for puppy they didn't even want.    

Defendant's male puppy is unregistered, and plaintiff claims she thought both dogs were registered, and breeding more puppies would be very profitable.   There is nothing in the text messages stating a price for selling puppy to the defendant.    (My guess, plaintiff finally realized that if she wanted to breed puppy, that she would have stud fees, pick of litter, and might not break even).    Defendant gave puppy to a good home.         Case dismissed. 

(Frenchies seems to be getting popular, and about the time people find out a good one can go for $3500 to $5000, then people who don't know anything about breeding dogs decide they will get a couple of dogs, and make a fortune). 

Incarcerated Ex-Girlfriend Payback-Plaintiff suing ex-girlfriend for an unpaid car loan, and buying furniture in plaintiff's name.     The litigants dated between incarcerations of defendant (she's a home health aide!).     Defendant is currently driving her sister's 2019 Kia Sorento (for 9 months so far), but defendant is making the payments, and I hope it has insurance.   Car wasn't up to defendant's standards, so she told plaintiff she needed a new car, and plaintiff told her to forget it.   Defendant abandoned the car, and it was repossessed, unfortunately there is a shortfall.  The Kia Sorento is obviously a way for defendant to have a car, on someone else's credit.      Plaintiff receives $5k, and it will go to the credit union, if they want to settle for that from the $8k current total.     $5,000 to plaintiff, money goes directly to credit union. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I missed the decision by JJ.     I hope someone else caught the award, or lack of award. 

She gave plaintiff around $3500 for the electric charges. 

I can't see PG&E losing all that money, and maybe they didn't.  Here, if utilities are owed, a new account won't be set up until the old account is paid.  So either the new owner/tenant pays, or a lien is placed on the property.  When there's a lien, the account is cleared if/when the property is sold.  If there's no sale, then the amount owing can be assessed to the property taxes.  If the owner still doesn't pay, the property can be sold at sheriff's sale and the lien will be paid from the proceeds of the sale. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

She gave plaintiff around $3500 for the electric charges. 

Thanks.     I really missed that part. 

My guess is write offs are charged to all of the customers in increased costs.       I bet they were making up phony leases or something similar, and then the next fool could get the utilities in their name, if they had credit.   Then here comes the fiance, notice the son of defendant fiance had other credit in his name, but the mother didn't even try to get him to do the utilities.    

• Love 3
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

As JJ says, the deadbeat defendant family don't pay the electricity, but keep putting the bill in different names, until bills reach a high amount, and utilities get cut off..   

They had so many family members lined up to defraud the electric company that it made my jaw drop and head spin (picture that!).  Speaking of jaws, what was wrong with plaintiff (defendant's son)?  He spoke as if his jaw was wired shut.

Defendant's male puppy is unregistered

I believe she said she spent $5,500 on this unregistered dog.  That's crazy.

Poor little puppy that got shuffled around.  It did seem that the new owner was caring for him/her (he took the dog to the vet for ear mites), but I couldn't understand what he was saying.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Ilovecomputers said:

Speaking of jaws, what was wrong with plaintiff (defendant's son)?  He spoke as if his jaw was wired shut.

I think he had some sort of disability not sure what.  But his partner seemed to be watching out for him thankfully.  

There is nothing in the text messages stating a price for selling puppy to the defendant. 

I think some type of price was talking about surely if though there was nothing in writing to prove it.   

• Love 3

First-

Exotic Fish Payback-Plaintiff suing defendants over lost wages, value of exotic fish, and travel expenses. over an aquarium fish selling business. Defendant claims they were business partners with the plaintiff.    Plaintiff says defendant never opened the physical store, but operates the fish business out of his apartment, and it's operated illegally because he's on welfare.   

Plaintiff claims defendant wanted her to attend a fish convention on his behalf.  Plaintiff also claims to be on disability, and she claims she could drive to the convention, but had to stop taking her medication for the trip.  Defendant claims they were 50/50 business partners, and no money plaintiff gave him was a loan.     Counter claim is plaintiff tried to destroy defendant's business.   Cases dismissed.   

Skateboarder Tragedy-Plaintiff car owner suing skateboarder for damage to her parked vehicle, when he hit her SUV.    Defendant says plaintiff was in her car, but in the parking lot, and her car was moving.    Plaintiff was in the bank when the accident happened, and saw him hit her vehicle.  Police refused to show up, and take a report.     Defendant claims a Jeep forced him off the road, into the parking lot, where he hit the SUV.     

When plaintiff gave him the estimate for car repair, defendant said his SSI check can't be garnished for civil actions (he certainly knows all of the rules, doesn't he?).  Skateboarder has never worked, but collects disability since childhood, and is sometimes homeless he still has a payee too. (The reason the defendant gave for not paying is the only reason I put the SSI part in). 

$3,000 for plaintiff   

Second-

Pool Man in Hot Water-Plaintiff pool man (independent contractor) suing defendant (pool company owner) for money owed.   Plaintiff says his ex-wife told defendant (former employer) that he was stealing clients.   

Defendant wrote a check to plaintiff for $1570, and plaintiff went to the bank and there was a stop payment on the check, and a previous $900 check had a stop payment also.  However, defendant claims plaintiff stole pool supplies, and sold them online.  Plaintiff claims all of the things he sold online, but bought it from someone who was going out of business, he didn't steal it. Plaintiff receives $2470 for the two bad checks.   

Upside Down Truck Deal-Plaintiff suing ex-boyfriend for payments for truck she co-signed on, then she refinanced the truck  in only plaintiff's name, but defendant made all of the truck payments.  Plaintiff took truck back after this,  sold it, and kept the money.   

Plaintiff wants JJ to ignore the $5k profit she made on truck, and pay her for repairs, and maintenance on truck too.  Case dismissed.

• Love 1

First (New)-

Uncle Accused of Criminal Trespass-Plaintiff suing adult niece for furniture stolen from his home, an unpaid electric bill, and damages.     Uncle/plaintiff rented his former marital home (aunt died a few years ago), for a lease/purchase to the niece.   Uncle says when lease/purchase didn't happen, and niece moved out, she took all of the furniture, didn't pay the electric bill, and damaged the place.   Uncle says defendant took the seven piece master bedroom set, another bedroom set, living room couches, two dining room sets (house was fully furnished when niece moved in), etc.    Niece claims uncle came into the house before she moved out, but he couldn't have stolen all of the furniture.     

Plaintiff submits the electric bill from niece's residency, she never paid the electricity bill, and uncle had to pay the electric bills so the electricity wasn't cut off.     Plaintiff says only pool table, and a glass topped table, and a lot of left over trash was all that was in the house when deadbeat niece moved out.   Niece left the yard and in-ground pool a mess. 

Plaintiff receives $5,000, and deadbeat defendant gets nothing. 

Marijuana Air Pollution-Plaintiff suing neighbor for destroying his front yard when defendant cut down a branch on plaintiff's tree.    Plaintiff says he's had issues with defendant from about a year after defendant moved in during 2015.    Defendant claims the trees were on the fence line, or on his property.   However, plaintiff shows the trees were on his own property.   Plaintiff says smell from defendant's marijuana plants, and smoking have polluted plaintiff's house.     

Defendant says he doesn't have pot plants, and that there is no smell in his yard.     Defendant claims there is no survey, and plaintiff submits one.    Defendant claims there are no corner markers.   Plaintiff says he watched defendant dig the front marker up, (it was metal and concrete), and defendant threw it in plaintiff's yard.     Defendant actually cut down the rest of the trees yesterday.

Plaintiff gets $5,000.   

Second (Rerun)-

Divorcees Still Supporting Adult Son-Plaintiff suing ex-husband (divorced for over 20 years)for not helping loser adult son out of mess.   At first defendant agreed to help son, but then there was a falling out with the son, and it fell apart.   Agreement was to help married adult son, who is not working, and has a pregnant wife. Adult son often isn't working, or paying his bills, such as the car situation in the next paragraph.    Son apparently blames everyone but himself for his issues, according to son's text messages to father. 

Plaintiff talked to ex-husband about helping with son's rent ($1700 a month, defendant's portion was supposed to be $850).  Ex-wife paid the $1700, and is mad ex-husband didn't pay his half.  JJ says if man told ex-wife he wasn't contributing after fight with son, and she transferred the money after that, then man doesn't have to pay.     

Woman sent money on 18 April, but it was returned (insufficient funds), but man told son and ex-wife on 12 April that he was done with support a grown man.    If the plaintiff rolls her eyes at JJ one more time I'm going to scream.   The rent was late enough that mother had to pay a late fee too.     Grown son is plaintiff's witness, along with his Grandma. 

Father co-signed for a car for son, who is 34, and father paid most of the payments ($7,000 by the father).    Case dismissed.     

Labrador Chews Up Pomeranian-Plaintiff's Pomeranian is alleged to have been attacked by defendant's unleashed Labrador.   However, plaintiff's sworn statement doesn't resemble her dramatic, testimony in court.    Vet reports said some treatment should happen, she couldn't afford it, and vet agreed to take dog if she signed it over to him as a rescue.  Woman still wants vet bills paid ($91).   However, plaintiff waited two days to take the dog to vet,.    Plaintiff's overacting about her story is ridiculous, and contradicts her sworn statement to the court.   

Woman first paid $125 euthanasia fee, then signed dog over to vet and not euthanized.     Her total vet bills were $91.  She adopted the dog a year before, it was a rescue.    She took dog for walk, or sitting on bench, and claims the unleashed Lab attacked the Pom, twice.   

Defendant says there is no bench in the common area, so plaintiff made that up.   

Defendant will pay the $91, not the $5,000 the plaintiff wants.   (Defendant says someone adopted the dog, a rescue paid for the surgery).   I wouldn't have paid a penny to the plaintiff.     However, JJ gives plaintiff the $91 for the vet bill she paid. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Defendant actually cut down the rest of the trees yesterday.

I have a lot of sympathy for plaintiff, because bad neighbors can make one's life hell.  The plaintiff said the smell of the defendant's marijuana plants wafted into his bedroom and made it smell very unpleasant, and he confronted the defendant about the smell.  Their relationship deteriorated from there.  The color of defendant's florescent green shirt hurt my eyes, and I hated how he smirked throughout the proceedings.  That said, did the plaintiff say he (the plaintiff) "moved" the property line over 7" to accommodate a fence and the trees were actually on defendant's property?  Hope he uses his $5K to plant some mature trees, barberry bushes and fragrant shrubs on his side of the property.  You just know the defendant is going to continue to play games by playing his music loudly every day and do every annoying thing he can think of.  Didn't realize marijuana plants gave off a smell.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

That said, did the plaintiff say he (the plaintiff) "moved" the property line over 7" to accommodate a fence and the trees were actually on defendant's property? 

I thought he said he had built the fence over seven inches onto HIS property to that he'd have the 7" leeway for his trees.  

And the smell of pot growing in a yard is UNMISTAKABLE.  We had a neighbor that lived several houses down that was growing pot in his yard and you could smell it all the way to our house.  After several complaints, he finally stopped - I hear he was threatened with small claims lawsuits for violation of "quiet enjoyment" local codes. 

This clod from yesterday was a complete dickhead.  But I was confused about something.  I thought the law was that you were allowed to trim trees overhanging on YOUR property from "hell to heaven".  So I'm assuming two things - one is that the plaintiff told him that although the fence was HERE, that he could not trim past the 7-inch line and that he reached over and whacked them beyond the fence as well.  Judge Judy seemed to believe he was not permitted to trim them at all.  

But I wanted to smack that smirk off his face.  He's the neighbor from hell, that's for sure.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I thought he said he had built the fence over seven inches onto HIS property to that he'd have the 7" leeway for his trees.  

The plaintiff said that the trees were on his property, and when he put the fence up (after a survey, complete with cemented in corner metal pins) it was inside the property line to accommodate the trees.    The worst thing is that there is no way for the plaintiff to fix this situation, unless one of the litigants sells.   No way will anyone buy the plaintiff's house with that defendant living next door.  

The defendant didn't trim anything from the trees.   He would have had the right to trim branches overhanging his property, but that's not what he did.    He had them all cut down to the ground, including the ones the day before he came to court, and all of them were the plaintiff's trees.     I would plant Bouganvillea (or however it's spelled), since you can only cut that off with a chain saw-it had hard, long wooden spikes on it.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
On 3/9/2020 at 6:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

First (New)-

Shut This Family's Lights Out-Plaintiffs suing mother for ripping them off.   Plaintiff, and his fiance were living with the mother (defendant), for about 18 months.     Fiance (not the son) was informed when the house electricity would be turned off.   So the defendant needed the utilities in the plaintiff/fiance's name, (mother has bad credit) but bill would be paid out of the father (house owner) auto pay bank account.   

House was in foreclosure (according to the defendant), and conveniently burned down too.   The PG&E bill was in the thousands, then defendant's name, also in the thousands, and then the plaintiff fiance.    Bill was $3250 (or about that), when plaintiffs found out the bill wasn't being paid.   

Best Friends: Worst Roommates-Plaintiffs were bad roommates, and plaintiff wanted his cousin to move in, with her children.    Defendant claims the cousin would move in alone, and later she, and the father of the kids, and the kids all moved into one room.   Plaintiff is still suing defendant for not paying his half of the rent, when the cousin was paying it already.   It's plaintiff's problem if he didn't make the cousin pay the rent.    (Plaintiff should be suing the hair stylist that did that dye job, and cut to his hair).   

Defendant's counter claim will be heard, and dismissed.   

I had trouble at times understanding the plaintiff, myself as he seemed to have some kind of dental work or jaw surgery which prevented him from opening his mouth. The mother was a piece of work - she was only 55 ? She looked a lot older, especially wearing Cher's discarded wig from 2000.

As for PG&E (and other utiltiy companies) they don't lose a nickel on families like this. The unpaid debt is eventually written off and passed on to other responsible consumers. Why do you think we pay so much for electricity, cable, cell phones, etc. ? Why do you think our rates keep going up ? Companies such as this (as well as banks, finance companies, mortgage lenders) never take a loss - they have others pay up for the deadbeats,

As for the room-mate case - wow that defendant was handsome! I was wondering if they were more than just room-mates, myself. JJ didn't ask the question (though she sometimes does). 

• Love 5
On 3/10/2020 at 7:29 AM, Ilovecomputers said:

They had so many family members lined up to defraud the electric company that it made my jaw drop and head spin (picture that!).  Speaking of jaws, what was wrong with plaintiff (defendant's son)?  He spoke as if his jaw was wired shut.

Regarding the strange way sonny boy spoke - if you ever watched Alaska Bush People, one the the kids spoke that way........ yes, I did watch those clowns for awhile & had a good time snarking at their ridiculous antics (even posted here on prime timer), but after awhile it was so silly I quit watching

Edited by SRTouch
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

First-

Ex-Wife Gets the Pit Bull-Plaintiff truck driver suing ex-wife, and her mother for the return of his dog, a Cane Corso/Pit Bull mix.  The plaintiff had the dog since three months old, and the dog usually traveled with him. (Bizarre note, plaintiff claims he never lived with the ex-wife for the two years they were married).   (I'm not liking the plaintiff, his previous dog died of heart worm, easily prevented).  It's ridiculous that the defendant, and her mother blame the drug use on the plaintiff, since the daughter has been a druggie for years, and looks stoned in court.     Plaintiff gets $500, and defendants keep the dog.  

Mercedes Custody Battle-Plaintiff suing former friend for value of a car, and a false restraining order.    Plaintiff claims defendant gave her the car, and then repossessed it, after defendant didn't maintain insurance on it.   Mercedes ML 320 (I think) was the car. but I don't know the year.     

Plaintiff claims car was registered in her name, but she didn't have insurance on vehicle.     Defendant has paperwork from the police saying car is registered to her, claims the plaintiff abandoned the car, and police called her to pick the car up.      Defendant claims plaintiff swiped the car back, had it for a month, and car is now gone.   Case dismissed for both sides.    (Plaintiff needs to lay off the hair bleach.   I'm shocked her fried looking hair hasn't fallen out).  

Second-

Arkansas Handyman Hustle-Plaintiffs suing their ex-handyman for incomplete and substandard work on their home.   Defendant was hired to work on plaintiff's house in Arkansas, and is counter claiming for unpaid work.   After moving to Pennsylvania, and then moving back, house has been on the market, still is, and never sold (bet it's overpriced).   Plaintiff's witness is their real estate agent.   Defendant was paid $2300, including $500 for materials.   

I agree with JJ, the defendant put in plenty of work, definitely enough for $2300 worth of work.    The plaintiff's realtor was in and out of the house a lot, and the owners never told him to quit.  I hate the parade of litigants that want to get all of their money back, but still had work finished.  

Mobile Homelessness-Plaintiff suing former friend for stealing his tools, after she let him stay in her house, use her shed for storage, and hired him for some handyman work.   If defendant wouldn't have let him live in her living room, man would have been homeless.   

Defendant says the plaintiff's daughter brought a dolly, and picked the tools up, and took them to her father.    Daughter claims she didn't pick up the expensive tools .   Plaintiff claims defendant wanted to sleep with him, and stealing the tools was retaliation for saying no to her.   Case dismissed. 

• Love 1

First (New)-

Your Homelessness Is Not Your Sister's Problem- Plaintiff and her family were homeless, and defendant sister allowed sister, husband and three children to move into her home, and didn't charge rent.    Plaintiff is thanking her sister by suing her for unpaid credit card charges, punitive damages, and other garbage.   

Since they left defendant's home, husband and children live with his mother, and plaintiff lives with another relative. 

Plaintiff claims she moved out of previous rental home for a bug problem, and they live off husband's SSI or SSDI, and food stamps (this is relevant to the case) have about $2k in income.    Plaintiff bought bed for $2k for defendant, (lease to own, it would have cost $4k total), and defendant kept it for a month.   Defendant put the bed outside on the porch , husband picked it up, and it was stored at  husband's mother's house, and was returned to the lease to own company.    (JJ mentions that husband is disabled, but works with a friend, violating the disability rules is JJ's guess).    Plaintiff owes $731 to leasing company.   

Plaintiff claims defendant wanted the bed, and would pay for it, and changed her mind.   Plaintiffs lived in defendant's home for three months, equivalent to $1500 savings.   Defendant said to put the rent to own bed in her name, so she would pay for bed and own it.     (What is the plaintiff's problem?   She's talking at the speed of sound). 

Plaintiff case dismissed, and both litigants are ousted.   Defendant claims plaintiff stole her money out of the bank by stealing her identity.   

Invasion of Privacy, Assault and Theft-Plaintiff suing former roommates, and plaintiff wants utility bills paid, plus move out costs.    Defendant counter claim is stupid. JJ sends litigants out to add up which utility bills each paid.    Case is recalled. 

Defendant claims that plaintiff stole his toiletries, return of rent, and invasion of privacy (I told you it was stupid).  Defendant had a Nanny Cam, and saw plaintiff stealing from him.   

Move out costs were because defendant didn't pay for damages he did.           Defendant has a police report that says plaintiff broke into his room, and assaulted him.  

Both cases dismissed. 

Second (Rerun)-

Pomeranian Puppy Mill-Plaintiff dog breeder suing defendant for pick of litter, return of puppy, dog breeding fees, and breach of contract.      Plaintiff sold Pomeranian to defendant who has three Pomeranians, and twelve Beagles (supposedly the Beagles are the fiance's dogs).   The three Poms live in the house, and the Beagles live in a pole barn, and outside. 

Defendant, and fiance both sell dogs, so we're talking a puppy mill for two breeds, and plaintiff is a puppy mill operator too (JJ said so). (I think plaintiff is a backyard breeder, who has more puppies produced than is right, but not a puppy mill).   Fiance says he interacts with his Beagles, and doesn't sell for profit (he gives away the culls I bet, and sells the rest).

Defendants wanted a female Pom to breed to their male Pom that was six months old, plus they have two other females, soon to be 20 Poms (my guess, maybe more than that).     Plaintiff has 6 Pomeranians, puppies sell for males $900, and females are $1200, and all are AKC registered dogs, and from different blood lines.      Defendant wanted a female puppy to breed Poms, and plaintiff had an 18 month old female to sell.   

Contract was $1500, and pick of litter, defendant claims she negotiated a better price over the phone.   Defendant said she couldn't offer a puppy because female is spayed, but dog isn't spayed yet.   Defendant claims plaintiff gave her the dog to help her with her dog breeding contract.   

There is no way I would believe the defendant has a registered AKC male to breed, or will spay female after one litter.    Defendant also got another Pom female to breed a few months later too.   (Sadly, many people who want a profitable way to finance their farm find out that running a puppy mill is profitable).   If defendant thinks JJ is falling for her sad eyed looks, and lies, then she's really wrong.   Defendant claims she doesn't want to breed dogs, and wants all of them for pets.  

Plaintiff claims defendant had an 80 pound dog [Black Mouthed Cur] that killed another of her female Poms before she bought the plaintiff's Pom.  Guess defendant avoided mentioning that dog in the dog count.     Plaintiff claims she found out about the dog killing after she sold the puppy.   

Plaintiff given choice of picking up the puppy with the sheriff's help, or money.    Plaintiff gets puppy back, with the sheriff's help, and JJ says animal control and sheriff's office will look at the animal welfare.    Defendant's crocodile tears are ridiculous, and she's just upset she can't breed this poor dog until it dies. (Byrd ferries kleenex to defendant, I think he wanted to toss them to her, wrapped in a big rock).     No money changes hands.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Those bed sisters obviously got their values from the same well.  At first I was totally on Def's side--Plain seemed like the typical grifter who's been working the system and anyone else she could work (without really working) for a very long time.  I thought it was interesting how she hesitated when JJ asked if the guy in the extremely large very pink shirt was her husband.  Not a question most married people need to mull over before answering.  But then sister who bought the $2,000/$4,000 bed admitted to living on student aid.  I have an actual J.O.B., and my bed didn't cost nearly that much.  These girls kind of scared me, if I'm honest.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I thought it was interesting how she hesitated when JJ asked if the guy in the extremely large very pink shirt was her husband.  Not a question most married people need to mull over before answering. 

We noticed that hesitation too.  My husband asked what plaintiff's response was, and I repeated her answer in the same reluctant way.  They have different last names (as my husband and I do).  Probably one of those common law type of arrangements which aren't recognized in many states. 

Defendant's crocodile tears are ridiculous, and she's just upset she can't breed this poor dog until it dies. (Byrd ferries kleenex to defendant, I think he wanted to toss them to her, wrapped in a big rock).  

That show pays JJ a bazillion dollars, but she controls the tissues dammit.  I couldn't understand her tears--she has, what, 4 poms, 15 beagles and a black mouthed cur?  If she has to give back one dog, she's left with 18?  My husband thinks when plaintiff goes to pick up her dog that the dog will have disappeared.

• Love 1