Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

It was clear to me that the one-eyed, gun nut She-Hulk was using the plaintiff's property as her personal stash of heating for god knows how many years and that shooting the guns off was some form of keeping the plaintiffs away from what she was doing. But there goes JJ again, knower of nothing, refusing to give the plaintiffs any financial relief because the trees were "old." I'm fairly sure if those "old" trees were on HER property and some neighbor was stealing them to heat THEIR house, she'd have them arrested for theft AND sue them for far more than $5,000.

I'm with you.  Tell me, JJ, are you now an expert arborist that you can determine if the trees were diseased or dying?  Oh, that's right, they were "old."  So are the California Redwoods.  See what happens if you chop one of THEM down.  Either she or her friends to helping themselves to firewood.  My money says she told the friend to go ahead and chop the trees down, thinking that 

Regarding the gunfire, someone's lying.  Plaintiff says bullets were whizzing past.  Defendant says they were firing a shotgun.  Shotguns a round shot pellets and do not travel all that far, and even slugs don't have that far a range.   My money says defendant was trespassing once more and firing their guns.  They don't seem to have had all that much respect for the property of others.  And who the HELL discharges a firearm where there are people living?  My guess is that she's got problems with ALL her neighbors, hence the "other legal troubles" the plaintiff referenced.  And I would have given the plaintiffs the whole $5000 in punitive damages alone.  

• Love 9
On 12/13/2019 at 6:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Are you allowed to limit the exits on a bus you intend to drive, and sheet rock over the windows?

I rewound this 3 times and made Mr Keps listen too, to make sure I heard her correctly, she actually said "sheep rock". I wasn't a fan of the defendant by any means, I kinda think he did blow her off, but I really think she was in over her head with that 20 year old bus. I don't think she has any idea how many problems, beyond this leaking issue, she is going to have. 

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The missing dentures were in the plaintiff's car when the defendant drove someone to the airport, and when the car was stolen, the dentures went with the car. 

Lol, doesn't everyone take out their dentures when they're driving and leave them in the car??? No? Well color me surprised! **snerk** That little twit totally took a joyride in that car. The plaintiff wasn't the brightest bulb but glad he got something for his troubles. 

16 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

It was clear to me that the one-eyed, gun nut She-Hulk was using the plaintiff's property as her personal stash of heating for god knows how many years and that shooting the guns off was some form of keeping the plaintiffs away from what she was doing. But there goes JJ again, knower of nothing, refusing to give the plaintiffs any financial relief because the trees were "old." I'm fairly sure if those "old" trees were on HER property and some neighbor was stealing them to heat THEIR house, she'd have them arrested for theft AND sue them for far more than $5,000.

I usually can find some sense in JJ's ruling but I'm going to agree with you @Giant Misfit, I think the couple should have gotten all of that $5,000. I think Ms. Gimlet-eyed Gun Nut got free heating for a year thanks to her neighbors. And those trees, old or not, do not belong to the defendant, if anything those trees could be considered a hedge or privacy fence or wind break, therefore they added value to the plaintiff's property and they should have been reimbursed.

Edited by BexKeps
"made," not "maid"
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, BexKeps said:

I rewound this 3 times and maid Mr Keps listen too, to make sure I heard her correctly, she actually said "sheep rock". I wasn't a fan of the defendant by any means, I kinda think he did blow her off, but I really think she was in over her head with that 20 year old bus. I don't think she has any idea how many problems, beyond this leaking issue, she is going to have. 

Lol, doesn't everyone take out their dentures when they're driving and leave them in the car??? No? Well color me surprised! **snerk** That little twit totally took a joyride in that car. The plaintiff wasn't the brightest bulb but glad he got something for his troubles. 

I usually can find some sense in JJ's ruling but I'm going to agree with you @Giant Misfit, I think the couple should have gotten all of that $5,000. I think Ms. Gimlet-eyed Gun Nut got free heating for a year thanks to her neighbors. And those trees, old or not, do not belong to the defendant, if anything those trees could be considered a hedge or privacy fence or wind break, therefore they added value to the plaintiff's property and they should have been reimbursed.

I'm reaching the point where I'm about to yank both JJ and Hot Bench (because that idiot Corriero) off the DVR.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

My guess is that she's got problems with ALL her neighbors, hence the "other legal troubles" the plaintiff referenced.  And I would have given the plaintiffs the whole $5000 in punitive damages alone.  

I googled her (but, of course, can't remember her name now) last night. If she's the one who lives in Oregon, there was a woman by the same name and age who was arrested for stealing around $2,000 from her employer. Which, now that I type that, can't possibly be her because she seemed to stupid to have ever had a job.

The real question in the defendant in the raining bullets/stolen firewood case is why anyone would be stupid enough to hire her, or be surprised when she stole from them.     However, the plaintiffs shouldn't think that embezzling will produce any jail time, so they might want to sell if they can get someone to buy that land, and get away from the defendant.  

• Love 3

3 p.m. episodes, both reruns, probably 2016-

First-

Buy High, Sell Low-Defendant bought truck in November, and sold to plaintiffs in February.  He never paid the sales tax on it, or registered the truck.   Defendant had a lien on the car, because he didn't pay off the car note/lien until plaintiffs bought the truck, and also, defendant had truck since July.   Because of the title lien, and tax lien, plaintiffs can't register and insure it.   Plaintiffs get $553 to pay the tax lien, and register the vehicle.  Lying defendant claims he reduced truck sales price from $4k to $3200 to make up for the sales tax lien.   $553 to plaintiffs so they can pay tax lien, and register the vehicle.

Stolen and Stripped-Plaintiff suing auto repair shop owner for stealing and stripping his car.   Car turned up across the street from defendant's auto body shop, and was stripped.   Defendant claims he had nothing to do with the car, but some stranger offered to sell him the car for a super cheap price.    Defendant claims the potential seller drove to in front of his shop, but it wasn't driveable by the time the police impounded it.     There are witnesses who saw the car in the defendant's shop, and was being worked on at the lot.  Plaintiff's witness did not know the plaintiff before this case.   The fancy rims were on the car on the auto body shop lot, but not when it was put out on the street.

(I thought the defendant got a raw deal the first time or two I saw this.  However,  the disappearing chrome rims from the defendant's lot, to the street convinced me that defendant's shop was involved in the theft.   Defendant is such a liar).   Defendant can lie about the police report all he wants to, but it's written down, and an official record.

$2,000  to plaintiff.

Second-

Home Improvement Thief-Plaintiff accuses two cousins of stealing his rebate check card  for $627,  from a home improvement store.       Plaintiff bought the $146, and then couldn't find the card later.    Defendant admits he used the rebate card, but defendant's cousin actually used the $481 left on the rebate card.   Defendants claims they bought the card for $250, and didn't steal it.   However, as JJ correctly says, how did the village idiot defendants know how much was left on the card, without going into the store to verify the amount?   Plaintiff saw the defendants on surveillance video at the store.  Plaintiff gets $481.   

Ill-Fated Roommates-Plaintiff suing her ex-roommate for an unpaid loan, and utility bills.  Defendant is a relative's ex-boyfriend, so the litigants moved in together, and plaintiff and her husband's names were on the lease.   Their rent and security paid by the litigants cancel each other out.   Then defendant used plaintiff's credit card.      It sounds like a lovely family between people getting arrested for domestic violence, getting thrown out of houses, police looking for fugitive relatives, and screaming matches.       I'm not sure what the end was, because the local weather decided to tell me it's going to cool off tonight.  I hope everything was thrown out.  

• Love 1

5 p.m. episodes, both recent reruns-.   

Mean Girls' Vicious Beat Down-An innocent 15 year old girl is punched and kicked repeatedly by two sisters who are caught on camera bragging about the assault.   The defendants' mother witnesses this, and did nothing.     Defendants are 16, and 23.  (The 16 year old defendant is the oldest 16 year old I've seen, and 23 year old looks more like 43).  Plaintiff got off the bus, and 16 year old said she wanted to fight her, and plaintiff walked away, over an iPhone theft.  Defendant claims plaintiff said she stole plaintiff's iPhone.   Defendant lies about cause of fight, and police report about the phone theft was the same day as the fight, not two weeks earlier the way defendant says.   

Rubi (16) punched girl in face, and Rubi and sister beat the stuffing out of plaintiff.   Photographs are horrible of the injuries.    Defendant mother says older criminal doesn't live with her.   Mother witnessed every thing, and did nothing, and Bertha (23) does live at mother's house, and fled the home before police came, and mother lied to the police.  16 year old says mother's lying about older daughter too, and older daughter says mother's a liar also.    JJ says police should arrest older daughter, and send her kids to foster care, not the mother's (grandmother's) custody.     When plaintiff's mother reached the assault site, she took daughter for medical care, and police report talks about theft of phone.   Plaintiff says phone was stolen during the fight by older sister.   

Defendant 16 year old says she was accused of theft of different phone by police, not plaintiff's.    There is a video of the sister bragging about the fight and the beating of the plaintiff.   16 year old is bragging she hurt her hand beating and robbing the girl.   Older sister is on video bragging too.    Both sisters seem to think beating someone, and robbing them is a joke.   Someone who saw the tape on Instagram sent it to the sister of plaintiff.  Video will be given to the police, since investigation is still open, and I hope everyone involved is arrested and prosecuted for robbery, assault, and anything else the police can get a conviction on.  

$4300 to plaintiff.

(I think if parent of plaintiff are smart, they'll move unless defendants' do, and change schools, for the girl's safety). 

In the two sisters beat up the 15 year old case, I guess they don't realize that because of the phone they can be charged with multiple felonies, because of stealing the iPhone during the beating.    I hope the local authorities charge both sisters with robbery, and felony assault and battery, and the their idiot mother gets charged with lying to the authorities.     

Jet Ski Case another person who wants a bonanza for their rented jet skis.    $1500 for damages to the plaintiffs for their jet ski damage.    

Landlord being Sued for Being a Landlord-  Three women rented rooms in a house rented by defendant.    Landlord has been renting the house, and subleasing rooms since 2012.     Defendant moved out when house was sold, but tenants had no rights after house was sold, because they knew defendant wasn't the owner.     Defendant sent a text to all three, either stay for 30 days, or 60 days.     The three deadbeat tenants didn't pay rent from September to November, "because the lease didn't say they had to pay rent" (Brianna Eaton said this).   No I'm not kidding about that statement by one of the deadbeat tenants.       The defendant must have been a decent landlord, because one of the women lived there for 3 years, and the two others for over six months.   Tenants want security, locks, and other garbage they're not getting.     The new owner filed eviction paperwork against all three women, who extorted the new owner to allow the hags to stay to December 1.   (Another reason not to be a landlord in California, where it's better to pay people to leave instead of evict).    The tenants saved from $1500 to $2000 each by squatting.    Landlord gets the rent back he paid the new owner when the three squatters stopped paying.   

Landlord keeps security deposits, and the one month remaining rent, and utilities.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

But there goes JJ again, knower of nothing, refusing to give the plaintiffs any financial relief because the trees were "old."

She should be careful with that line of reasoning, After all, she too can be described as "old".

At one point she seemed on the verge of applying the "beyond a reasonable doubt" principle to this case, whereas it was clear by a preponderance of the evidence, like the trail of debris betwen the two properties, that the defendant was the culprit, meeting the bar for a civil case. But at times JJ sems to suffer from Ito-envy syndrome and just as she most probably thinks she would have made a much better judge in the OJ case, she is sorely tempted to apply the standard of evidence standard to criminal cases.

These people had their property stolen, their trees cut down, and it isn't worth even a piffle? And aren't old and mature trees the most valuable resource for firewood? The fact that they have a lot of land should not be a factor; they should solely decide what happens to their property, including leaving it alone for all eternity if they wish. Imagine if someone cut a single blade of grass on one of JJ's properties without her consent; she would be breathing fire.

I agree that they should have gotten the full amount they requested.

• Love 7

I bet in the tree case, that the defendant and her buddies came over and felled a bunch of trees, let them season and dry out.    Then six months or so later dragged the trees to the defendant's property, and spent the summer chopping them up for firewood.    I bet they've been doing it for years, since the plaintiffs are apparently weekend residents.  

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

the one-eyed, gun nut She-Hulk

Bah ha ha!  She was something else.  The fact she has a boyfriend (though I'm sure that word is her catch all for "degenerate, brainless, gun toting fool") means I'm more pathetic than she is.  Or more discerning, whatevs.  I guess there's someone out there for me if I drop my standards entirely!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
  1. Rubi Ramirez is a piece of shit and will one day be in prison or dead, good ridden.  Her shit face sister Bertha is also a piece of shit and also be in jail or dead one day.  I will remember their ugly faces.  Their ugly asses will be hit if seen in the streets.  Ugly shits.
On 9/4/2019 at 3:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

5 p.m. episodes, both new-

First-

Mean Girls' Vicious Beat Down-An innocent 15 year old girl is punched and kicked repeatedly by two sisters who are caught on camera bragging about the assault.   The defendants' mother witnesses this, and did nothing.     Defendants are 16, and 23.  (The 16 year old defendant is the oldest 16 year old I've seen, and 23 year old looks more like 43).  Plaintiff got off the bus, and 16 year old said she wanted to fight her, and plaintiff walked away, over an iPhone theft.  Defendant claims plaintiff said she stole plaintiff's iPhone.   Defendant lies about cause of fight, and police report about the phone theft was the same day as the fight, not two weeks earlier the way defendant says.   

Rubi (16) punched girl in face, and Rubi and sister beat the stuffing out of plaintiff.   Photographs are horrible of the injuries.    Defendant mother says older criminal doesn't live with her.   Mother witnessed every thing, and did nothing, and Bertha (23) does live at mother's house, and fled the home before police came, and mother lied to the police.  16 year old says mother's lying about older daughter too, and older daughter says mother's a liar also.    JJ says police should arrest older daughter, and send her kids to foster care, not the mother's (grandmother's) custody.     When plaintiff's mother reached the assault site, she took daughter for medical care, and police report talks about theft of phone.   Plaintiff says phone was stolen during the fight by older sister.   

Defendant 16 year old says she was accused of theft of different phone by police, not plaintiff's.    There is a video of the sister bragging about the fight and the beating of the plaintiff.   16 year old is bragging she hurt her hand beating and robbing the girl.   Older sister is on video bragging too.    Both sisters seem to think beating someone, and robbing them is a joke.   Someone who saw the tape on Instagram sent it to the sister of plaintiff.  Video will be given to the police, since investigation is still open, and I hope everyone involved is arrested and prosecuted for robbery, assault, and anything else the police can get a conviction on.  

$4300 to plaintiff.

(I think if parent of plaintiff are smart, they'll move unless defendants' do, and change schools, for the girl's safety). 

Second-

Bed and Breakfast Fraud-Plaintiff rented a room out for B 'n B (I suspect Airbnb), short term rentals to defendant.    Defendant wants a refund for his four nights.    Plaintiff says defendant damaged his garage door by closing the garage door on his trailer.    Plaintiff had a truck, trailer, and another vehicle, and was supposed to have one bedroom/one tenant.   Defendant claims he rented the entire townhouse, and garage, for four days for $200+.     Defendant was told he couldn't park the trailer, and truck on plaintiff's property.   Defendant was catering an event, and wanted to use the townhouse kitchen to prepare food for a commercial job.   Defendant parked his truck and trailer in the townhouse garage, and damaged the garage door.        Defendant says house owner said to park trailer in garage, but park truck on the street.  Defendant claims it was too far away to park the truck.  Then defendant waited until plaintiff left, and parked truck partially in the garage.   Then another  long term tenant uses bedroom, and garage, and she pushed the garage door button, so door went down (it's always left up, because it's the home entrance).     When door went down it hit truck, and damaged the door.  At first defendant said he would fix door, but lied.    $800 to plaintiff

10K Custody Battle-(The litigants hair dye is so wild)  Defendant borrowed money from plaintiff for her eventually unsuccessful custody battle.   She lost in mediation, because children picked the other mother.   Defendant borrowed $4k from plaintiff, and paid back about $500 (still owes $1500).   Plaintiff's witness is the ex-wife, and defendant says the other $2,000 should be the ex-wife's responsibility.     Ex-wife can't find bank records since it was two years ago.   Case dismissed for lack of evidence. 

In the custody case, I thought the ex-wife was the defendant's witness, but I could be totally wrong.   I believe I was distracted by all of the interesting hair coloring jobs, and by the sadness of the case.    I hate custody disputes, for the sake of the children.  

• Love 1

First-

Sexy Pics of an Ex-Plaintiff (grandson) is accused of blackmailing grandson's 15 year-old ex-girlfriend with intimate photos.  Grandmother is suing over a 5 year old laptop that the defendant 15 year old says was a gift, that the girl resold .  Grandson loaned/gave computer to girl, after grandmother gave grandson a new computer (Grandma gets $900 for the laptop) .    Grandmother has to put out the nasty statement that the 15 year old girl had previous sexual experiences.   

Grandson was 18 when he took nasty pictures of the 15 year old girl, which is illegal.    Grandma bought grandson a new phone,  so grandson had two phones, and the older one was confiscated by police because of the pictures.   (That's the older 15 year old girl I've seen).   Grandson claims when they were breaking up girl borrowed his phone, and disappeared with it, this was after android phone was confiscated.   However, girlfriend says ex-boyfriend was trying to blackmail her with the videos, and photos, and that's why she took the phone.     Grandson plead guilty (they should have charged him with more, and plea bargained down to something still requiring the sex offender registration), and grandma proudly mentioned that he didn't have to register as a sex offender.    Grandma gets $900 for her five year old computer (unless she opens her nasty mouth again to comment, and JJ takes the money back). 

False Arrest and Compromising Photos-Plaintiff claims she was falsely arrested for stealing a phone from the ex-boyfriend when he tried to blackmail her with the videos, and photos..  This is the defendant from the previous case, who was 15 when her then boyfriend took photos, and videos of her naked, and tried to black mail her.    I would personally like to punch Grandma in her filthy mouth.     Plaintiff wants the phone back, and he's not getting it.   Defendant girl was falsely arrested for stealing the phone.   Grandma has to add that 15 year old girl wasn't sexually inexperienced.   Nasty old lady.     Defendant claims the phone was destroyed, and defendant did take the phone.    She wasn't falsely arrested, but the charges were dropped.     False arrest case dismissed.      

Second-

Test Drive Mishap-Plaintiff suing motorcycle seller, for taking a down payment, then reselling the bike to someone else.   Down payment was $1,900, (plaintiff claims the envelope with the cash was counted and had $2000 in it), defendant kept the money, and plaintiff went to get agreement notarized.   Plaintiff gave defendant $500 more ($2400), and gave him $200 more in a couple of weeks, totaling $2600.   Total payment was $2650 so far, according to defendant.  Or $3650 according to plaintiff.   However, defendant kept the bike, and resold it for $3200, and has no bill of sale.      For a $4,000 bike, defendant made $5850.     The defendant is ridiculous.    $2650 to plaintiff. 

Tail Light Takes the Heat-Plaintiff suing daughter's ex-boyfriend for impound fees ($1600), after driving plaintiff's van on a suspended license.     However, van was pulled over for a broken taillight.    Defendant says he wouldn't have been pulled over for a broken taillight.  Plaintiff's daughter loaned the van to defendant, when he was pulled over, and van was impounded (no drivers license, and no registration on the van).     If the defendant had a driver's license, then he would have received a fix-it ticket for the light, so it was defendant's fault.    $1600 to plaintiff.   

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ronald said:

Rubi Ramirez is a piece of shit and will one day be in prison or dead, good ridden.  Her shit face sister Bertha is also a piece of shit and also be in jail or dead one day.  I will remember their ugly faces.  Their ugly asses will be hit if seen in the streets.  Ugly shits.

But Bertha wasn't there! She's one of those teleporting teenagers that managed to steal the plaintiff's cell phone even when SHE WASN'T THERE! I hope her mother will enjoy spending time bailing Rubi and Big Mouth Bertha out of jail on a regular basis. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

5 p.m. episodes, first one new, second one recent rerun-

First (New)-

A $17,000 Gazebo Gone Wrong-Plaintiff suing defendant over nasty review online, and her claims that he didn't have a contractor's license, but he does.    Defendant is another nasty old lady who thinks if she complains enough, that she should get work done cheaper.   Contract price was $17,000 for the gazebo.   Defendant only paid $12500, and received $2500 back. 

When project was done, defendant was unhappy, and sued the plaintiff, and defendant got $2500 back in the court case.   She had already paid $12,500.   Plaintiff didn't get the other $4500 back.   

Plaintiff is suing in JJ's court for libel, for claiming that he didn't have contractor's license, and that his business was closing immediately.    Plaintiff does have his contractor's license.  Defendant claims because another man did the electrical work, then defendant claims that makes the company unlicensed.   $2500 to plaintiff.   (I read the review, and it's nasty)

Tree Trimmer Chops Down Wrong Tree-Plaintiffs suing tree removal company because they went to the wrong address (the plaintiff's home), and cut down the plaintiff's tree.   The tree is huge (a Blue Spruce), and filled a great deal of half of the front yard.  When JJ sees the before and after, her eyes get big.   Defendant tree guy says it was a tiny tree (liar), and he claims they should be happy with the free work.     Defendant claims plaintiff husband called him, and thanked him for removing tree (Liar).   Plaintiff gets $2500.     

Second (Rerun)-

Parents Fight Over Imprisoned Daughter-Plaintiff is father of criminal daughter, and defendant is mother of criminal daughter.    The 20 year old was arrested, and mommy wanted a private attorney.   Parents are divorced for years, when 20 year old daughter got arrested.   Mother wanted a private criminal attorney that cost $10,000, and with the two parents splitting the cost.    Plaintiff says his daughter should have used a public defender, and JJ agrees with the mother.   Ex-wife lives off of her parents, and never worked.    Plaintiff paid $5,000 already, and now he wants $5k from the ex-wife.  (this is the entertaining case where the daughter had a safe full of drugs in her car).   

Maybe someone should have suggested daughter shouldn't have done the crime?  I disagree with the father paying more.    However, since ex-wife hasn't worked in many years, he had no expectation of repayment.     Grandpa, who has been supporting his useless daughter  is not going to pay any of this money, and that nasty smirk on his face is revolting.    The ex-wife's smirk is revolting also.   Ex-wife also got $3k from the insurance for the heroin car the daughter wrecked.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Imprisoned daughter case.

Dare I say it?

Typical emotionally-weak, pitiful mother bailed "innocent" (lol) daughter out who then showed dirty UA. Sentenced to prison.  

My sis is like that mom. ..defending her psychpathic son through years of jail sentences. Well,  at the age of 39, he got life for killing a woman last year. Sister always  said that "somebody" had to believe in him and support him with unconditional love. It's sad cuz he's her only child. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

3 p.m. episodes, both reruns, probably 2016

Grandson plead guilty (they should have charged him with more, and plea bargained down to something still requiring the sex offender registration)

I had trouble with my comment, so just deleted it.  Sorry for this "non-comment" in the thread.

If the father in the attorney case is smart, he will stop enabling the heroin daughter (her car had a safe full of heroin when she got caught, and the boyfriend had the meth in his car), by paying anything.       That girl is not a victim, the way her mother claims she is.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

First-

Drinking Buddy Trouble-Plaintiff (37) suing ex-drinking buddy, and friend with benefits (35), over damage to her father's condo he rented for her (a door, and a shower head).   Both litigants were drinking buddies, friends with benefits, and plaintiff claims defendant (lived in his daddy's neighboring upstairs condo), broke into her condo looking for booze.   

Sadly, both litigants are grown adults, with booze problems for over 10 years.   Plaintiff claims she's sober, but was drinking for many years.   Defendant claims plaintiff wanted him to do minor work in her condo.    Plaintiff has a one year old baby, hope she stopped drinking two years ago.   Defendant's father claims the defendant is sober, I'm not buying that either.   Apartment lease said no smoking, and defendant smoked in both apartments.  

I don't believe the plaintiff is sober, because she still has a lot of booze in her condo.   She claims to be 60 days sober.    

Defendant claims he had an open invitation to come into the apartment every morning.  Defendant's daddy says plaintiff's ex-boyfriend was abusive.     Damages for door to plaintiff, $679, only for the door.  

Antique Hide and Seek-Plaintiff suing antique consignment shop owner for non-payment.    It's not just non-payment.    Plaintiff claims man told her some furniture sold, but never sent her the money she was owed.   Then plaintiff claims that items were hidden on a storage floor customers didn't have access to, and until the forfeiture clause in the defendant's shady contract kicked in, and he could keep the furniture.  $1590 to the plaintiff.  (I love that when the case was over, the plaintiff left first, and Byrd raised his hand to stop the defendant from following directly behind her).

Second-

Woman Shot by BB Gun-Plaintiff suing defendant for shooting her with a BB gun when she was walking down the street, with her husband.     Plaintiff woman felt a pain in her leg, 911 was called, and plaintiff was arrested.     The boyfriend, defendant was shooting from the upstairs window in the girlfriend's apartment.    Defendant was arrested twice, once for this assault, and once for conspiracy.   Defendant's accomplice (named Kelly) was also arrested, and has an arrest record also.     Defendant's girlfriend claims the boyfriend didn't do it, but was found hiding the BB guns in her place, and he was shooting out of her apartment.     Defendant's accomplice blames the shooting on defendant.   

I can't believe the girlfriend's statements.   18 years old, and shacking up with a looser like the defendant.  $2600 are plaintiff's medical bills.    BB is still in her leg, because of the damage that could be caused by removing the BB.    Defendant is a POS, and the girlfriend in a fool.  

C*** Hound Chaos-Plaintiff suing ex-boyfriend for damage to plaintiff's apartment by defendant's c*** hound, when defendant's dog stayed at plaintiff's home.   One day defendant brought c*** hound over (just over a year old), to stay at plaintiff's house, while defendant was  doing long haul truck driving.   

Defendant already had six other dogs, and puppy wasn't fitting in.   I wonder who was watching the other six dogs?    Plaintiff says defendant didn't return for the dog, and dog did a lot damage.   When plaintiff told defendant about the amount of damages, and that dog had to leave.    Defendant said "just drop him off at the Humane Society", so plaintiff did.    Day one, blinds on a few rooms were destroyed.  Day two, plaintiff left dog in bathroom, which dog damaged too.  Defendant only had the dog for less than a week, when he dumped dog on plaintiff.   Defendant is claiming the plaintiff's Chihuahua did the damage.    Photos of the destruction are epic.   $2345 to plaintiff

• Love 2

5 p.m. episodes, first one new, second one a recent rerun-

First-

Sephardic League Scammer Shuffle-Plaintiff was referee for basketball league, and claims he's owed $3,500.    Defendant ran a basketball league, and admits that plaintiff refereed over 200-250 games for the local Sephardic League, and should have been paid $40 per game.  Defendant actually retired from basketball, because they were too slow to pay, and went to another sport (bet it's pickleball, it's the hot sport some places for amateurs).   Case will be recalled to tally payments by defendant, against what plaintiff says he wasn't paid for.  $3445 for plaintiff.     

Death Sentence if You Damage Judge Judy's Car-Plaintiff suing over their car damaged by an adult neighbor's fire works.  JJ points out that her favorite car is 20 years old now, and if anyone dents or scratches it they should get the death penalty.    Plaintiffs says neighbor mother, and adult son (he's 37) were shooting of 4th of July fire works, and the debris landed on his car and damaged it.  There is a lot of embers on the plaintiff's car.   Defendant mommy makes a lot of lame excuses for her adult son man-baby, and JJ rightly makes fun of them.   The before pictures of fireworks debris are awful, and there's a lot of damage after. 

Defendant man-baby offered to pay $100 to buff the car.   The dealer estimate to resand and clear coat the car is over $1,000.     The plaintiff's classic Mercedes looks as if it is was in pristine condition.  Defendant man-baby claims plaintiff's car doesn't have current plates, which is none of her business.    Plaintiff doesn't have to claim the damage on his insurance, it was all the defendant's negligence.  Plaintiff receives $ 1300.   

Second-

Brother From Another Planet-Plaintiff suing defendant / brother for car damages, but the brother claims that sister was driving.    Of course, brother shouldn't have been driving, no license, and car had no insurance.    Plaintiff is suing brother for car damages, and claims brother spray painted the damage.    Defendant didn't even use Bondo, and spray paint, just spray paint.    Defendant seems very impaired in court, and can barely keep his eyes open.   I keep waiting for him to topple over, it's very sad.   Brother kept asking sister to use her car, and sister kept saying no, and claims sister would drive him to the store.   Brother claims sister was driving when she hit a pole.     Driver's door was so dented it wouldn't open, so driver had to crawl over the seat to get in and out of the car.   

Sister/plaintiff says she let brother drive the car to the store, and he damaged it by hitting a pole.    Plaintiff can't open the car door, and she's still crawling over the seats to get in and out.    Plaintiff says brother still had insurance from his repo. car, because it was the same month his car was repo'd (no, it really doesn't make sense).    Plaintiff's car was uninsured at the time of the accident, because she's a Sainted Single Mother, and can't afford insurance.   I bet the reason the brother was on the hook is because plaintiff thought his insurance would pay for her car.     Plaintiff does not have clean hands, so case dismissed.        Plaintiff stomps out of court, I enjoyed it.   

World's Worst First Date-Plaintiff suing former date for the remainder of her car loan, after defendant totaled her car on their one and only date.    Car had gap insurance, but gap insurance didn't cover the car because the initial traffic ticket was reckless driving, and downgraded to inattentive driving.  GEICO declined to pay the gap insurance even though it was a criminal conviction.    This all happened in December of 2016, so she waited three years to come to court.    GEICO didn't pay because of dishonest, criminal, illegal or intentional act, which is their right.    GEICO doesn't owe any money to plaintiff.   

Since defendant plead guilty, he owes plaintiff $2700.    $2700 to plaintiff. 

(Tomorrow's new case has a plaintiff with huge fake eyelashes, actually they look like woolly caterpillars in captivity).  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Defendant man-baby offered to pay $100 to buff the car.   The dealer estimate to resand and clear coat the car is over $1,000.     The plaintiff's classic Mercedes looks as if it is was in pristine condition.  Defendant man-baby claims plaintiff's car doesn't have current plates, which is none of her business.    Plaintiff doesn't have to claim the damage on his insurance, it was all the defendant's negligence.  Plaintiff receives $ 1300. 

I was very surprised that JJ awarded the money without a blue book consult to see how much it was worth today. Not saying she wasn't correct in doing so because the plaintiff obviously meticulously maintained it, but usually she's pretty harsh on anyone suing for damage to older vehicles.  

The baby boy defendant and his abhorrent, excuse-giving mommy deserved to pay no matter what. In the halterview when baby boy said "Next year I'll go door to door to tell my neighbors I'm doing  it, and I don't care if they don't like it" or some such nonsense summed up his entire existence for me. It's all about HIM, no shocker that he lives in mommy's basement at 30.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Actually, the car damaging man-baby is 37!      I see why he lives with mom, since he's a long haul truck driver, and only there a few days a month (if he really was telling the truth).   However, if that fool thinks telling people he's putting off huge amount of aerial fireworks absolves him from damages, or if he sets the neighborhood on fire, he's wrong.   But don't worry, his fool mother will be making excuses for that too. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, BexKeps said:

I was very surprised that JJ awarded the money without a blue book consult to see how much it was worth today.

Well, consistency is certainly not her forte..... 

2 hours ago, BexKeps said:

The baby boy defendant and his abhorrent, excuse-giving mommy deserved to pay no matter what. In the halterview when baby boy said "Next year I'll go door to door to tell my neighbors I'm doing  it, and I don't care if they don't like it" or some such nonsense summed up his entire existence for me. It's all about HIM, no shocker that he lives in mommy's basement at 30.

Yep, one of those cases where Her Highness ignored what  I believe would be the letter of the law to punish a litigant - or in this case, punish 30 yo sonny boy and mommy. Not sure I buy P version of no yelling/cussing/hissy fit when he confronted sonny - but in my mind he was permitted to scream a little after he complains and was faced with Ds' "no biggy" attitude

So, I have no problem with JJ NOT following letter of law and checking KBB  before decision - not as good as when she follows her heart in animal neglect/abuse cases and looks out for best interest of an animal, but I was happy with this decision - and JJ blasting mommy for her lack of parenting (wonder how old sister is that still lives at home?)

• Love 5

3 p.m. episodes, both reruns, and probably from 2016-

First-

Barbershop Brawl-Plaintiff suing former best friend for medical bills, lost wages, and punitive damages due to an assault.  Litigants have been friends their whole life, and defendant is the plaintiff's barber.    Plaintiff went to the barber shop, was waiting for a haircut, both litigants stepped out for a drink.     (I never saw the last name Culcleasure before).   Plaintiff was waiting, and claims defendant hit him, held a straight razor to the man's neck, then they started fighting.   Plaintiff claims defendant pulled a gun out of his boot, and shot into the ceiling of the barber shop, and others locked plaintiff out of the barber shop.   So, plaintiff claims that others locked out the victim, but locked themselves inside with the guy with the gun and razor?    Plaintiff claims defendant stabbed his arm several times with a razor.   

Defendant says he's only part time barber, plaintiff came in without an appointment.    Defendant says plaintiff jumped him, and started fighting, and was locked out by the owner of the barber shop.    Plaintiff didn't call the police, and only talked to them at the hospital.   He didn't want to file charges.      Case dismissed. 

Mom Owes Me-Plaintiff son, suing mother for balance of a car loan he co-signed for.    However, the twist is that son was driving the mother's car when he totaled it.      Wreck was called 50/50 by police.    JJ asks mother if she agreed to give son $3,000.  Son says mother claims the car had gap insurance, so it should have been covered.    Mother says she agreed to give son the $3,000, but changed her mind.    You can't get gap insurance in some cases, and the mother didn't 'take gap insurance off of her car" the way the son says.  $3,000 to plaintiff.   

Second-

Move Back in With Mom-Plaintiff suing ex-live in boyfriend for breaking their lease, and an unpaid loan.     However, plaintiff never paid rent, ever.     Plaintiff was only person on lease, the third roommate was incarcerated, so he's gone, and defendant was the only rent paying tenant.    Plaintiff went into the next month on the apartment, and that means another month's rent.    Defendant payed utilities, rent, and plaintiff payed nothing.    Plaintiff did pay for food, and supplies.    Plaintiff was sent a bill for breaking the lease of $4800.   The apartment complex will get $2420 for defendant's half of lease breaking fee.   

Unwed Parents and the Stolen Guitar-Plaintiff and her father are suing the defendant/father of her six year old for mishandling plaintiff's property (she claims he disposed of her father's classic Fender guitar).    Plaintiff visits her child often, but defendant has full custody, and he lives at his mother's house.     

The day in question, plaintiff was supposed to go and get groceries for the child, but instead left and didn't return.   So defendant put her stuff outside.   Defendant is counter suing for stolen money.    Defendant says he put items on walled patio, that no one could see in.   Everything disappeared, and I bet plaintiff has it.    Case dismissed.   

• Love 1

First (New)-

Unwed Mom Turned Criminal-Plaintiff (the woman with huge Woolly Caterpillar eyelashes) suing former friend for a title loan on defendant's car that plaintiff took out.   The title loan was $1500, but interest has ballooned it to over $5,000.  Defendant claims the money was  to pay bills for Sainted Single Mother of One (SSMOO) and her Sainted child to move in with defendant.       Defendant owned the car before plaintiff moved in, and car was put in plaintiff's name, so defendant could use car for her, and her daughter.    Defendant has no driver's license, so plaintiff committed a crime by putting registration in plaintiff's name, and allowing defendant to own and drive the car.    Car was impounded, and fees for title loan, and impound fees are mounting up rapidly.   Clean Hands doctrine again, case dismissed.  

How Long Could You Live Without Hot Water-Plaintiff suing landlord for return of rent, after plaintiff had no hot water for over a month.    Plaintiff went on vacation for two weeks, stayed home for two weeks, and left again for another week, and  hot water heater wasn't repaired for a full month, after plaintiff returned.   Plaintiff wants money back for 41 days without hot water, but was only home for 20 of those days.    Plaintiff still lives in the same apartment.   

Defendant didn't have a home warranty policy, and then enrolled in a policy, but it was 30 days before the hot water heater could be claimed, and that's what the landlord did.   Plaintiff gets credit for 20 days without hot water, $633.    

Second (Rerun)-

Toxic Paint Job-Plaintiff suing painter for bad work painting his rental property in another state, and says defendant was too slow.  Plaintiff suing because of over spray.    However, a tenant in the building is a dialysis center, so painter couldn't have paint fumes when patients would have to cope with them, so he could only work after 2 p.m. on Wednesday, and all day on Sundays.  Defendant painter says the signed contract doesn't make him responsible for paint issues, like over spray.     Painter, and business manager told the plaintiff about the dialysis patient issues.    Paint schedule was affected by two hurricanes (painting was in South Carolina, and plaintiff lives in California).   

The pictures do not show any damage to what plaintiff is additionally claiming for, gutters, and other things.    Estimate for damage remediation has nothing to do with over spray on the roof.  Plaintiff wants to tell JJ about the damages, but has no estimate for the over spray, just extras that weren't on the original bill of work or contract.   (If plaintiff is such a painting expert, then he should paint the building.   He didn't seem to care about dialysis patients that could have become very ill from the paint fumes.   Since it's outdoor paint, I bet the fumes were intense).    Plaintiff wants $5,000 for a contract that only costs $2900.   

JJ tells the plaintiff to sue in South Carolina, and then he can have expert witnesses in court.  It would cost plaintiff Scrooge many thousands more to do the court case than the contract amount.    Good luck on getting a local judge to rule against the painter, since his work speed was impacted by the dialysis patient schedules, and the hurricanes.  

Man Fears for His Safety After BB Shootout-Plaintiff suing former friends for stealing two cells phones (Samsung, and iPhone).    Plaintiff's witness said he was afraid to stay at plaintiff's place because he had been threatened by a roommate, and shot with a BB gun.   Defendant claims plaintiff witness brought the two cell phones, and gave them to defendant.   Defendants admit they knew the phones belonged to plaintiff.    Defendants are counter suing for emotional distress and stalking, and the usual harassment.     Defendants sold both stolen phones.     Both phones were still on payment plans with plaintiff's cell phone provider. $1675 to plaintiff for the phones

• Love 1

First-

Seizure Shakedown-Plaintiff suing former friend for an unpaid loan to pay for his court fines, clothing costs, airline ticket, and something else I didn't catch.   Defendant claims it was a gift.  The defendant's witness is his new girlfriend, but both litigants say plaintiff and defendant were just friends.     New girlfriend told plaintiff about defendant's money for plane ticket needs, and as usual, new girlfriend denies saying this.  Defendant was in California, and needed money to go back to New Jersey, after defendant had seizure, and no money to get home.   Defendant claims to have a seizure, but no confirmation from medical records, and had to pay his own way back to New Jersey.   While in California, defendant missed a court date for speeding, and he claims plaintiff paid his bail and court costs.  $428 for plaintiff.   

Valentine's Day Forgiveness-Plaintiff suing ex-boyfriend for car loan, and repairs.  Plaintiff still owed $1,000 on car, for non-payment, and repo'd the car.   Defendant sold others cars to plaintiff over the years, and always paid for them in full.   Plaintiff claims defendant forgave the $1,000  car loan as a present for Valentine's Day.  $1500 to plaintiff, and defendant keeps his car.     

Second-

Bloody Break-In-Plaintiff suing ex-fiance, for security deposit, and unpaid bills.  Defendant says plaintiff left a date, walked home, and broke the window, and cut herself badly.     Plaintiff claims she lost her part of the security deposit because defendant moved out suddenly, but he claims she locked him out.     Defendant claims plaintiff kept telling him to leave, and he finally did.   Defendant is counter suing for car vandalism that he's blaming on plaintiff, that he says happened before he moved out.   Case dismissed for both litigants. 

Don't Block My Number-Plaintiff claims defendant blocked him on all social media, and phones, and was cheating on him.  Litigants still shared the house, but separate bedrooms.   Plaintiff claims defendant owes him for utilities.       Defendant sent him a message that her adult kids were going to move in with her, but plaintiff should stay on the lease because he had good credit.       Plaintiff paid all of the utilities, and security ($1500).    Defendant couldn't qualify for the apartment lease, and neither could her adult children.  Defendant said in text that her adult children were going to move in, and pay security and utilities.    Plaintiff had to pay the judgment for lease breaking, $2,000+.      Plaintiff gets $2580.   

• Love 2

5 p.m. episodes, both recent reruns-

First-

Snowmobile Rooftop Whammy-Plaintiff is suing former tenant's friend for damaging his vacation rental home (near Saginaw Bay, Michigan), when defendant rode his snowmobile over the roof, treating the home like a jump.    Plaintiff rented the house to one man, and four friends.   Plaintiff claims defendant rode snowmobile down the hill, used roof of house as a mogul jump, and landed on the roof.    Defendant claims anything could have hurt the roof.   This was the second day of the trip, and a lot of adult beverages were involved.   Defendant claims another man also used the roof as a snowmobile mogul.    Plaintiff has photos of the cracked drywall roof, and an inspector's report, plus photos.   

Defendant is stupid enough to bring a video of his destruction of the property.   The defendant's defense is that there is nothing warning him to stay off of the roof, and it's not in the contract.  Defendant also claims that he didn't hurt the roof.   Defendant's group was the second group of renters ever, and between the first and second group, plaintiff's wife painted a couple of walls, and part of the ceiling, and there were no cracks then.   $2508 for plaintiff, and defendant told to sue his buddy for the other half.  

$5,000 for a $10 haircut-Plaintiff suing hair stylist for cutting his hair too short (he's a lawyer).   Yes, plaintiff thinks his $10 haircut being too short should result in $5,000 to him.  Plaintiff claims the woman shaved (it's a buzz cut) his head, it is very short.   It took almost a month for his hair to grow back to the length it is now.    Plaintiff gets his $10 back.    

Second-

I Want My Mongrel Puppy- (Two women fighting over a puppy from an accidental breeding of a Husky and a Pit Bull).  Two litigants moved in together, each had an unspayed (5 year old) jusky (defendant's dog)/ unneutered (6 month old) dog (plaintiff's dog), and a breeding occurred.    Plaintiff wants hotel fees, boarding fees, and vet bills.    Plaintiff claims defendant sold one puppy, and plaintiff wants the money.    The two women argued, plaintiff moved out, and plaintiff wants hotel, and boarding fees.    Plaintiff also wants either one puppy, or the value of the puppy.    There was no verbal or written contract.  

Someone wanted to pay $1,000 for one of these puppies!    I don't believe it.   Counter claim for defendant is vet bills.     Case dismissed because all of the litigants, and witness are idiots. 

How Not to Write a Contract-Plaintiff suing handyman for return of money he paid defendant to paint the inside of his home.   Signed contract is a generic one off of the internet.    The defendant didn't bring the Statement of Work to court.    I guess he thought he was going to a Tea Dance.      Plaintiff claims defendant never finished the paint job.  Plaintiff says defendant moved living room furniture into the dining room, cut trim for one room, and that's about it.   $1500 for plaintiff.  

• Love 3

The haircut segment was notable for the judgement and the after judgement interview.  Birdbrain judge plaintiff got awarded $10 after he paid the barber for a cut he said was too short.  He paid after he saw the haircut so he should have gotten nothing.  JJ gave him a minor lecture about the frivolous nature of his lawsuit but also noted that it was TV entertainment.  But the real reason for all of this, including JJ's brevity, was when the plaintiff exposed himself as a Trump Lover and said the barber was a Trump hater and that's why she cut his hair so short.

A good example of a case that should not have been aired.

• Love 2

I don’t think I’m a breed snob, but I think it’s stupid to pay a person for a mixed breed dog. But if someone wants to waste money, go ahead. 

But I am a “good breeder” snob. And I don’t think there are actual good breeders who have made a profit when all the costs are factored in. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

First-

Italian Mastiff Mating Mess-Plaintiff was stud owner of Cane Corso (an aggressive guard breed, not for amateurs) who wants money from defendant after he didn't pay a stud fee.  Defendant says all of the puppies died within three days of birth.    Defendant claims there was no stud fee, just two puppies to plaintiff.   Plaintiff claims this was the only breeding, but plaintiff has a breeding pair, and out of her 12 puppies, 9 died by four months, of parvo.   The other three sold for $1,000 each.        Defendant also bought two puppies from plaintiff, for $400 each, and puppies got sick, and plaintiff picked them up.    Puppies had parvo, according to defendant, but defendant says one was put down, and the other was back to defendant.        (I hate both of these litigants, they sell to anyone who pays them the money.   And that garbage about first litter, was just that, garbage.  No screening of homes ).  Defendant had a previous stud he got rid of.   

Plaintiff's son claims there was a $900 stud fee agreement.    Text messages say $800.   Plaintiff gets $800.    It sounds like the plaintiff's home is infected with parvo, and has never been cleaned properly.    

Family Friendly Drinking-Plaintiff suing daughter's former friend for car repairs, rental fees, and lost wages.    Daughter of plaintiff and defendant were drinking shots at plaintiff's house, and then plaintiff went to bed.      Then there is a phone call from plaintiff's daughter saying plaintiff's car was in a bad accident, says defendant was driving, and the accident happened.   Defendant was driving, with a suspended license, and was driving because she was more sober than plaintiff's daughter.     Car only had liability insurance, and car is driveable.   Defendant claims plaintiff daughter grabbed her hand, and caused the accident.  Defendant was arrested, for driving on a suspended license, (for failure to appear defendant's lying about why she was suspended), and DUI.     Defendant actually was suspended for moving violations.     As usual, defendant does home health care.    $2100 to plaintiff, and plaintiff daughter will pay the other $1,000+. 

Second-

Teen Basketball Player vs. Tough Coach-Plaintiff grandmother suing basketball travel league owner for refund of league dues.   Former basketball coach says he's hard on players, but he expects them to put out effort, and show up for all practices.      (I remember this, and eventually the granddaughter did play for a college team, I think).     Granddaughter received a discounted rate for 7th and 8th grade, and then in ninth grade grandmother was charged nothing.   League owner says he knew the grandmother couldn't afford full price, and granddaughter had a lot of potential.     This last year grandmother was charged $1400 ($500 off the full price, and the only player on the team with a discount).    Coach is a yeller, and so granddaughter quit, and after she was pulled from a game.   Granddaughter didn't want to go to last minute practice, and then she quit soon after.        The reason granddaughter wants to be on the travel league is to show her skills to college scouts.  Granddaughter had played for the same coach before, without issues.   

Plaintiff gets $1,000.    

• Love 1

5 p.m. episodes, both recent reruns-

First-

Nine-Year-Old Vandal and Liar-Plaintiff suing defendant parent when their nine-year old daughter, and another child were filmed on surveillance video vandalizing two cars (three cars were damaged, but plaintiff is only suing for two).     Defendant at first agreed to pay damaged, but didn't.   Plaintiff's witness saw the vandalism, and says there were three little girls playing, and one was leaning on the car.     The video was a 24 hour loop, and no way to download it, so it's gone.    Defendant mother signed a letter saying she would pay for damages, because the older daughter said the 9 year old did it.  Another defendant mother that will never believe her kids did anything wrong.     The photos of the damage to the car are terrible.   9 year old keeps lying in court.    

Defendant mother only signed the letter to pay for damages, because she thought there was a video.  Since the video is gone, defendant mother is taking the promise to pay back.  Defendant claims she had eyes on her daughter at all times, and they never left her yard, and she's a total liar.  The children are just learning what their mother has shown them, which is lying is acceptable.     Plaintiff receives $2000 deductible. 

Vacuum Demo Disaster-Plaintiff suing defendants for a vacuum cleaner demo that made a hole in her floor.   Rainbow vacuum company, I didn't know that company was still around.   The demonstrator had a heat lamp to dry the floor, and it malfunctioned, overheated, and burned the hardwood floor.      Plaintiff wants entire floor replaced for $2700, because the repair didn't color match properly.  I can't believe people still fall for the free demo because you won a contest routine.    $2500 to plaintiff.   

Second-

Outrageous Peeping Tom Allegations-Deadbeat tenants want to be paid to move out, and turn in keys, but they haven't moved out yet.   Defendant landlords won the eviction case, but tenants were promised $950 from defendants, to turn in the keys.    Plaintiffs haven't turned keys over yet.    What part of pay when they leave does no one understand?   And the $950 security deposit isn't the $950 other payment.    Plaintiff/tenants allege landlords harassed them, put nails behind their tires, and man was peeping at their 9 year old daughter.   Court hearing was just to get house back from tenants.    The defendants finally got the house back, but tenants never turned in keys, and want their security deposit back.    Plaintiffs didn't have renter's insurance when the 'flood' happened in January, but got it after in time for the leak in July.   $750 to disgusting pigs of tenants.   (Another reason that I will never be a landlord). 

RV Flipping Fiasco-Plaintiff was buying an RV from defendant to flip.   Plaintiff bought RV for $4k, and has title and registration, but it still needs work, and is stored.   Plaintiff gets $4k, and signs RV back over to defendant. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

3 p.m. episodes, both reruns, probably from 2016-

First-

Borrowed and Crashed-Plaintiff suing ex-friend for car damages, that defendant borrowed with his permission.    Defendant says plaintiff rents his car to people, and paid plaintiff $75 to rent his car for the night.    Defendant also claims the plaintiff uses his car as an unofficial taxi, giving rides cheaper than cabs.  Plaintiff had car insurance through a friend's policy, not his own policy.   Insurance paperwork has liability only, not collision, and he's listed as an additional driver on the friend's policy.   I don't think the car was driveable after the picture submitted by the plaintiff, but plaintiff claims it the same "minor fender bender" the defendant had.     There is a lot left out.   Plaintiff doesn't have proper insurance, is operating a business without proper license, and if definitely a fraud.  $4000 to plaintiff.

Senior Stairway Fail-Plaintiff suing former tenant for damages and unpaid rent.  Defendant lived in apartment since 2012 (for three years), with month-to-month.  Counter claim is for security deposit ($700+).    Plaintiff claims defendant stopped paying rent and filed for unlawful detainer (eviction), and she didn't pay for the two last months.   Defendant claims she fell down the stairs twice at the apartment, and is suing for $50,000 for the first fall, and won that  and another suit will be filed for the second fall.    (Sorry but if you fell, and had $50K in injuries, and fell again, you won't be standing up in court).   Defendant claims that her lawyers had an agreement that she didn't have to pay the last two months rent as long as she moved out.   Plaintiff/landlord submits the photos, and bills for damages.    (Another reason on my extensive list of why I'll never be a landlord).      What did that woman do to that carpet?    Defendant wanted a first floor unit, but lived on the second floor, now I can see why she "fell", and sued.   Defendant was offered a first floor unit, but they costs more money, and defendant refused to pay more money.    Plaintiff $1400.  

Second-

Pitiful Pitch-Plaintiff suing contractor over a home addition.    Defendant is a licensed plumber, but not a licensed contractor in Virginia, where this happened.    Defendant was hired to add an enclosed  porch onto her home.   There is a signed contract covering the work, and the scope of work, and $6,000 total was paid to the defendant.    I don't think the deck was built according to code, it doesn't look like the structure is up to date, but that may be the before picture.      $5,000 to plaintiff.   

Workman's Comp Chaos-Plaintiff suing former friend for money owed for helping defendant's mother close a workman's comp case.   Plaintiff claims that defendant's mother needed help to resolve her worker's comp case, and she would pay him $2,000.   Plaintiff hasn't worked since 2004, and is recently on disability, and was unemployed for over 10 years.    Somehow plaintiff interfered in the case, and the attorney actually communicated with him.     Plaintiff has no case.     

Shady Car Deal-Plaintiff saw car by side of the road, near a car lot, and bought it.  Plaintiff d is suing defendant who sold her the car, because she claims the title was not in his name, and car was stolen.      DMV called police, and car was impounded.     Plaintiff paid $8,000 for a car that KBB says is worth $7300.     Case is dismissed without prejudice, to go back and try it locally.      

• Love 1

5 p.m. episodes, first one is new, second on a recent rerun-

First (New)-

We Admit We Are Idiots-Plaintiffs are suing defendant contractor for cost to redo his shoddy painting, and defendant's counter suing for unpaid wages $888,(extras with no contract, dismissed).    House is two story, was to be painted with two coats, and they paid him $2275.   (If the second story is vinyl siding, but if it is painted darker it will buckle very quickly after painting.   The darker paint attracts heat, and between paint drying, and increased heat on the siding, it warps, just the way the picture showed).     Vinyl siding is 12 years old, and painting was completed over a year before the court case (August 2018).  Plaintiff paid painter in full before they inspected the paint job.  Case is dismissed, because plaintiffs admit they were idiots.      

Grandma Said She'd Give Me the House-Plaintiff suing ex-boyfriend, for utility bills, breach of contract, and pain and suffering due to stress.   Litigants lived together off and on for almost two decades.    About 2003, defendant went to live with his grandmother, in her house, and to take care of her, in Lakeside.    Plaintiff moved in during 2003 also, and claims grandmother promised her the house, and grandma died in 2013.  It took 5 years to settle the estate, which is still ongoing in court.    Defendant received nothing for his portion of the house, and was evicted by the court.   Defendant is supposed to get 40% of the house, split with his attorney, when house is sold.         Plaintiff wants part of defendant's malpractice settlement, not getting that either.   Plaintiff lived there for 10 years, and only paid some utilities.     During the 10 years plaintiff didn't work much of the time, and was also in jail a few times during that time.    Plaintiff also claims she's common law wife (not in California), and wants palimony (not happening either).    She's getting nothing, and deserves nothing.   Case dismissed.     (Even if they were married, inheritance is not common marital property).  

Second (Rerun)-

You're Young and Mumbling, I'm Old and Deaf-Plaintiff and her daughter are suing mother of teen car thief for car damages, stolen money, and something else.    Car is in both plaintiff's names, when their son/brother (he's 13) had one defendant teen stay the night, and claim defendant teen took the keys and their car.    Car was wrecked, and it's all on video, but as JJ says they were wearing seat belts (yes, just like the barrel of cheese balls were in the classic drunk driving case).            Defendant teen was picked up by plaintiff brother on the sidewalk,  Brother/plaintiff took the car, stole the money, and they spent the plaintiff money at McDonald's.     Brother / plaintiff stole the car keys, and money, and let the other 13 year old drive.    Defendant teen driver 12 years old,  claims plaintiff brother stole the keys and money.        Defendant teen claims plaintiff brother gave him the keys and the money.  Both teens need to stop twisting their hair, it's driving me nuts. 

Nothing is getting through to defendant, but plaintiff teen looks like maybe something is getting through his skull, and I hope so.    I expect to see defendant teen back on the show a lot.    I hope plaintiff teen doesn't follow that path, because he really seemed to get what JJ was saying. 

Plaintiff claims keys were in a locked room, that brother broke into.    The video of the village idiot driving is played.    When plaintiff mother saw the teens driving, the defendant teen driver took off backwards, and crashed the car.     JJ says both teens are responsible, and since car only had liability (or not).   The plaintiffs get $2500.

Bedbugs, Rats and Parties-Plaintiff was renting a loft area, in a warehouse space, accessed only by ladder /stairs to a college student.    There was only one bathroom, and it wasn't in the loft.    Landlord was shocked when defendant moved out after two months, after seeing the accommodations.     $1600 a month was the rent (it's a high rent area).           Defendant wanted to move because of partying, various roommates.    Sharing a bathroom, and kitchen.     Defendant also claims there were rats in the warehouse, and bedbugs also, and claims there were many 'roommates' moving in and out.            Plaintiff is not getting the unpaid rent, case dismissed.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

First-

Baseball Bat Rage!-Two cousins leased an apartment together, until the big fight over rent non-payment for one month, and finding out plaintiff was cheating with the defendant's girlfriend.    During the fight, the defendant  picked up a baseball bat, and whacked the dining room set, two TVs, and other stuff.   Plaintiff gets $4k, for back rent, and damaged property.  (Sadly, defendant is drinking enough to blackout, and is 50, he looks great for that age, with abusing himself). 

Suspicious Sublease?-Plaintiff suing former tenant defendant for non-payment of rent.   Plaintiff was friendly with defendant's wife, when couple separated the man moved into the home.   Man didn't pay last two months rent, moved out, sublet to someone else.   $2400 for plaintiff.  What a nothing case.  

President Obama Dancing!?-Plaintiff suing former roommate for unpaid rent and damages, defendant claims she never signed the roommate addendum (there is a signed addendum from litigants).   Defendant moved out in end of November, but left her stuff behind through the end of December, so she owes rent for three months, plus part of another month.  Plaintiff claims defendant trashed the apartment, but the picture is the Obama's dancing.   $538 for rent to plaintiff, Obama's get photo credit, and that's all.  

Second-

My Child is a Nightmare...-Plaintiff suing defendant for non-payment of baby sitting fees.   Defendant mother says her child is a nightmare, so she never takes the baby with her.  Defendant says the county should have paid plaintiff, and she didn't want to pay the baby sitter.  Defendant wasn't even working when the plaintiff babysat the kids.     Defendant's current boyfriend is not the father of any of the defendant woman's four children.  Defendant claims plaintiff didn't want to be paid for babysitting because it would interfere with her own benefits.    Defendant says her daughter told plaintiff about allegations of sexual abuse, and defendant claims the plaintiff didn't report her to CPS until after the money issue came up.      $200 for plaintiff.

(Found this on a post on here, about this case from stephinmn-

The defendant from the repeat, "My child is a nightmare" died a few years ago in a car accident. She had four daughters. The JJ boyfriend is listed in the obit.

Also, she was from Minnesota, in the small city my husband grew up in. 

ETA: She was driving too fast on a four lane highway, and crashed into a  pole. Fortunately, no one else was injured. 

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sctimes/obituary.aspx?n=sheena-n-grimstad&pid=182406159&fhid=12817 )

DUI Feud-Plaintiff suing defendant for money she borrowed to pay for his DUI fees and attorney.  Plaintiff claims she took out a loan for $3,000, and borrowed $1,000 from her sister, put the money in the bank, and withdrew $3,000 to give cash to the defendant for his $3,000 attorney and DUI fees.   Plaintiff has zero proof, so she was dismissed without prejudice, and sent back to her local court.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

First (New)-

Knife Fight Over Defective Camper-Plaintiff suing defendant brothers over money he paid them for a camper (it's an RV, not a camper), property he wants back, and false arrest.    Plaintiff claims he bought the camper from the two defendants, paid in full, but the brothers repossessed the camper anyway.   The RV was $1,000, payment made in full, for keys and title.    Actually, plaintiff paid $850, had to buy two batteries, and other work.    It cost $180 to fix the RV in the first two weeks.    Plaintiff still owed $150, and paid it after the battery and mechanical work.     

Defendants claims they were only paid $750, were still owed $250 due by 1 January, but the $250 was never paid.     Defendants notified police about the repossession, and finally located, and repo the RV.  Friend of plaintiff is alleged to have pulled a knife on the defendants, and was arrested.   Defendants were lien holders on the title.    RV wasn't driveable, and was towed to impound.   There are photos of the RV when it was sold, and the extensive damages that the plaintiff did to the RV, in the 10 weeks plaintiff lived in it.   

I agree with JJ, plaintiff lied several times about paying for the RV, and it was right to repo the RV.   (On a tacky note, plaintiff's witness (Mother?) needs better posture, and a good bra fitting.)      Plaintiff mommy just got booted out for shouting in court.   There's something wrong with that woman.    The defendant's resold the RV for $2,000 out of impound. 

Then the three litigants start threatening each other, and Byrd is looking very irked at all of them.    Byrd has to tell everyone to shut up, especially the plaintiff.   Plaintiff wants hotel fees for after the repo.    I was so entertained by everyone fighting I don't know who actually was paid.  

Second (Rerun)-

$10,000 Doggy Day Care Bill-(Total bill was $16K, so the title is wrong, but that's what the show called the episode.  Ex-husband paid $7400).   Plaintiff dog boarding kennel owner suing plaintiff for non payment of dog boarding bills for three dogs, and didn't come back for six months.  Six months later defendant came to get dogs, and didn't pay, and got the police to pick up her dogs.   Defendant has a lot of reasons why she didn't want to pay, but she's still a deadbeat.   Defendant hasn't worked since 2011.   Defendant never even made partial payments, or attempted to make payment arrangements, but simply left the dogs there for six months.   Defendant also sent text on the week of pickup saying she will sign payment paperwork, but didn't, and called police to get the dogs back.  

Kennel owner gave woman a deal, and charged $30 a day per dog, instead of the usual $40.  Ex-husband of defendant paid $7400, but defendant still owes $8,600 (actually $10,000 owed).     Defendant wanted a payment plan, but instead she called the police to get her dogs back, and police gave the dogs back.  Plaintiff gets $5k, but is still screwed out of $5,600.    (I hope other boarding kennels caught this case and the name of the defendant).  Defendant also says plaintiff abused and neglected the dogs. 

Damaged Memorabilia-Plaintiff landlord suing defendant / Section 8 former tenant for damaged, and stolen property.   Plaintiff had property in the basement, and it was not rented to the defendant.    Defendant put some of her property in the basement.   Then, her son needed to store his stuff, and moved out landlord's memorabilia outside, and her son's stuff in.   Landlord's property was dumped outside in the yard.      Defendant claims the sewer kept backing up in the basement, but yet she still stored her stuff, and her son's stuff in there?    Plaintiff says the sewer back up was in 2015, not 2019.    

Defendant claims plaintiff told her move his stuff outside, and plaintiff denies this.  Defendant hasn't paid her portion of Section 8 rent in 9 months, Section 8 still pays it's part though.    Defendant has a lot of lame excuses, such as, the electric and gas bills are too high to pay rent, and other stuff.    Coming on this show is the only way the poor landlord will get anything out of this.    Plaintiff gets his money for the rent, but not the memorabilia, and I hope the dead beat plaintiff's moved out.  Plaintiff landlord says defendant was in the process of moving out, that had to be coordinated with Section 8, and for over a year.   

Tenant/defendant hasn't paid her $288 portion of rent since November 2018.     My question is if Section 8 knew all of her other relatives were living there?   

From the hall-terview, tenant is still 'trying' to move.    Good luck with that when other landlords find out she doesn't pay. 

$1500 to landlord/plaintiff. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

First (New)-

Knife Fight Over Defective Camper-Plaintiff suing defendant brothers over money he paid them for a camper (it's an RV, not a camper), property he wants back, and false arrest.    Plaintiff claims he bought the camper from the two defendants, paid in full, but the brothers repossessed the camper anyway.   The RV was $1,000, payment made in full, for keys and title.    Actually, plaintiff paid $850, had to buy two batteries, and other work.    It cost $180 to fix the RV in the first two weeks.    Plaintiff still owed $150, and paid it after the battery and mechanical work.     

Defendants claims they were only paid $750, were still owed $250 due by 1 January, but the $250 was never paid.     Defendants notified police about the repossession, and finally located, and repo the RV.  Friend of plaintiff is alleged to have pulled a knife on the defendants, and was arrested.   Defendants were lien holders on the title.    RV wasn't driveable, and was towed to impound.   There are photos of the RV when it was sold, and the extensive damages that the plaintiff did to the RV, in the 10 weeks plaintiff lived in it.   

I agree with JJ, plaintiff lied several times about paying for the RV, and it was right to repo the RV.   (On a tacky note, plaintiff's witness (Mother?) needs better posture, and a good bra fitting.)      Plaintiff mommy just got booted out for shouting in court.   There's something wrong with that woman.    The defendant's resold the RV for $2,000 out of impound. 

Then the three litigants start threatening each other, and Byrd is looking very irked at all of them.    Byrd has to tell everyone to shut up, especially the plaintiff.   Plaintiff wants hotel fees for after the repo.    I was so entertained by everyone fighting I don't know who actually was paid.  

That plaintiff and his witness -- do you think their strategy going in was "let's look and sound as unhinged as possible, I'll glare at the judge with my head tipped down for maximum hostility/stubbornness, you jump up and yell out 'that camper was our home!' while trying to frown JJ to death, this will cinch it for us!"?

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

First (New)-Knife Fight Over Defective Camper-Then the three litigants start threatening each other, and Byrd is looking very irked at all of them.    Byrd has to tell everyone to shut up, especially the plaintiff.   Plaintiff wants hotel fees for after the repo. I was so entertained by everyone fighting I don't know who actually was paid. 

Worth watching just to see the look on Byrd's face as he heads over to tell them - repeatedly - to "SHUT UP! no you, SHUT UP" Although not actually said, I heard SHUT THE F*** UP!!! 

My question was - did I really hear P was living in that RV with two roomies in the Walmart parking lot?

Edited by SRTouch
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

Worth watching just to see the look on Byrd's face as he heads over to tell them - repeatedly - to "SHUT UP! no you, SHUT UP" Although not actually said, I heard SHUT THE F*** UP!!! 

My question was - did I really hear P was living in that RV with two roomies in the Walmart parking lot?

Yes! Three weirdos, one RV! Plaintiff would never look up when spoken to. He kept looking down and shuffling his damn papers.

I’m hoping that someone in authority heard the plaintiff clearly threaten the defendants. He said something like, “You two are going to get it. I can’t wait.” Creep. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

My husband and I both yelled "It's Baby Jane!" when we saw Camper Plaintiff's witness.  My lord.

But it goes to show that we shouldn't judge by appearances.  Defendants looked sketchy as hell but they were on the level.  The one in a suit and tie, the other in casual wear -- maybe the suit is shared and it was Lance's turn to wear it. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

Yes! Three weirdos, one RV! Plaintiff would never look up when spoken to. He kept looking down and shuffling his damn papers.

I’m hoping that someone in authority heard the plaintiff clearly threaten the defendants. He said something like, “You two are going to get it. I can’t wait.” Creep. 

I thought maybe he had a stiff neck, but the defendant was doing the same thing. Very strange people,

• Love 1

3 p.m. episodes, both reruns, about 2016 probably-(Apparently it's hit and run day)

First-

Same Sex Wedding Woes-Plaintiff suing videographer for bad wedding video, and wants fee back, and damages.   Videographer was only paid $250.    Videographer was there from 2 or 3 p.m. to past 1 a.m., covered by the $250.    The video is shown, and the preliminaries look good, but the ceremony lighting is terrible, and that part looks awful.    I think the groom received $250 worth of video.    My personal guess is a videographer to do what the grooms wanted would cost many times $250.    The groom actually hired two videographers, the defendant and an assistant, and the assistant never showed up.    Defendant blames the dark lighting on the wedding venue, is because the venue did it that way.  Case dismissed.

Hit-and-Run Detective-Plaintiff's car was hit, and from evidence he found, he located the owner of the car, the accident happened in a college parking lot.   Defendant (by the way his car is a Hyundai Accent, not a Honda Accent).   Plaintiff found license plates at the scene of the hit-and-run, and traced them back to the defendant.    Plaintiff sold the car at a reduced price.  Defendant claims the license plates were stolen, and put on the same model and color car.    The security guard who saw the accident, and called the police said it was the defendant's car model, and color, that did the hit-and-run, and the license plates were found on the scene.      I find it amazing that the defendant's license plates were stolen twice, in a short time.    Plaintiff had insurance, but was only liability.    $3500 for plaintiff. 

Second-

Social Insecurity-Plaintiff suing former roommate for false charges, illegal eviction, and something else.    Plaintiff rented a room from defendant, that she filed false charges against him for stealing her pills, and property damage.   Defendant claims man was a drunk and drug abuser, claims he stole her pills.   Defendant claims she helped move his stuff to a home across the street, and claims she didn't lock plaintiff out.   Plaintiff claims defendant gave him some painkillers, after he broke his ribs, and the next morning she called the police and claimed the man stole her pills.     Plaintiff came home one evening, there was a lock on the chain link fence, and plaintiff told him he no longer lived there any longer, and that she had gotten rid of his stuff.      Defendant is counter suing for cleaning fees, and rent.       Plaintiff found out some of his property was at the house across the street, but had no where to store the items.    Plaintiff will be paid for the false police report, and the court time, $500.   Defendant's counter claim dismissed.  

(Sadly, the plaintiff died in March of 2019).

Parked Car Hit and Run-Plaintiff claims her mother's neighbor hit her car, and left the scene.   Plaintiff was going to the emergency room, and she heard the defendant hit her car, and saw the defendant speeding away.    The plaintiff made the police report after the ER trip.   Defendant had no insurance (and needs to get her bangs out of her face, they're covering one eye, and a lot of her face, it's driving me bonkers).    Charges were filed against defendant for illegal backing, but ticket was dismissed.       As usual, insurance just lapsed, so defendant had two vehicles without insurance, 

Plaintiff receives $1,069.    

• Love 1

First (New)-

Eeny, Meeny, MIney Moe...to Which Child Does the 10K Go?-(I hope I get this straight, because it's terribly confusing).    Plaintiffs (the two are sisters, and there is one other sibling, and the deceased man was their brother) are suing niece for stealing proceeds from her late father's estate.   Father/brother left copies of stock certificates, and plaintiffs claim the stocks were owned by plaintiff's father, and died intestate, and would have been shared by his siblings, and insurance proceeds (divided among the father's five children-one died since).    The stock shares were from the late father, and held by the family.   Niece/defendant found out about her grandfather's stock, and she thinks should have the stock certificates (she was contacted by a third party, unclaimed property company).     Each sister /plaintiff received $10k from father's estate.   

Niece barely saw her father, in the last 10 years of his life.    The niece thinks since the first name, and last name of her father and grandfather are the same, she should keep the stock certificates.      Niece/defendant claims the stocks were actually her father's property, not her grandfather of the same name.     Plaintiffs say the stock certificates had the father's/grandfather's name and social security number on them, proven by the death certificate.    Stock certificates connect to the grandfather's name and social security number, so plaintiffs say they should be split among the three siblings, and maybe the niece/defendant, for her late father's share.    However, niece/defendant says they're her father's certificates, and she thinks they're all hers to keep.  Another wrinkle is the stock certificates are from a company the grandfather worked for, not the father.    JJ points out that all of those years ago, each sibling received $10k, and that should be enough.  

Plaintiff/Aunt says niece has stolen money from relatives before.  

Niece gets to keep the stock certificates, and the money.   Case dismissed.  My suggestion is that the niece should never be near the aunt's again, because I think the niece did claim her grandfather's certificates, not her father's (they were from the company the grandfather worked for, not the father).    I think the niece got the certificates, and then taunted the aunts with her windfall.     I don't believe there is any other way the aunts would have found out about the stock certificates, since they came from the unclaimed property office. 

Second (Rerun)-

Daycare Drama-Plaintiff is unlicensed day care provider, with no background check.   Plaintiff is suing defendant because she pulled her kids without notice, after a dispute over children's father picking them up at the daycare.  Daycare provider didn't want to be in the middle of the nasty custody disputes, and the police were called on at least one occasion about father, and day care provider said children had to leave.   Plaintiff claims defendant owes for 2 days, and was required in the contract to pay for two full weeks notice of departure.   Case dismissed, since day care provider told the defendant to get her kids out now.    

Husky Attacks Tiny Dog-Plaintiff suing defendant over Min. Pinscher attack by Husky/German Shepherd mix at a dog park.    Min Pin was on a leash, plaintiff's other dog was at man's side, and defendant's dog attacked the Min Pin, and had the small dog in the defendant's dog mouth, and Husky was shaking the Min Pin.   Defendant's big dog has a history of her dog going after small dogs.  $514 to plaintiff. 

Defendant is despicable, and claims the plaintiff injured his own dog, and used it like a toy to lure her dog to attack his.    (I agree that the defendant is despicable, for saying the Min Pin was dangled like bait for her vicious dog.   I bet this isn't the first dog that the Husky has attacked, and I wouldn't be people aren't next).

Mechanic Demands Payback-Plaintiff mechanic kept his tools, and stored cars on the defendant's tow yard.   Defendants rented tow yard, and locked out plaintiff after a dispute.  Plaintiff wants the cars, and his tools back.    Defendant claims plaintiff owes $500 for Jeep, tow dolly damages.  Defendant says the tow yard tenants were all locked out of the tow yard, because of plaintiff's late night 'activities'.   Unfortunately, the activities weren't outlined enough for me to figure out what unsavory activities the plaintiff is supposed to be up to.  

Plaintiff gets three cars from the lot, defendant keeps the other jeep, and that's the end. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

I agree with JJ, plaintiff lied several times about paying for the RV, and it was right to repo the RV.   (On a tacky note, plaintiff's witness (Mother?) needs better posture, and a good bra fitting.)      

Was that the mother? I thought it possibly was a girlfriend but meth is not kind to anybody. I was kinda skerred to look at her too long. 

I thought the case with the stock certificates was kinda interesting (at least it didn't involve providing cell phones for a new little of puppies who were getting married lol). But the hallterview was the best. . . here you have the aunts who were fairly gentile in the courtroom passively-aggressively throwing shade at their niece. Wonder what the conversation was like over their Xmas dinner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

My husband and I both yelled "It's Baby Jane!" when we saw Camper Plaintiff's witness.  My lord.

My first thought was Edith Massey:

giphy.gif

While the case was shady AF, I was still pissed that JJ took YET ANOTHER poke at the poor and mocked the idea that the plaintiff and his lady friend were living in a trailer. I have news for you JJ: not EVERYONE can afford six mansions scattered across the United States. Not that she has any friends who don't have all those luxuries but YES poor people do what they have to do to find a place to live. Jesus. She's such a bitch.

On 12/25/2019 at 6:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

We Admit We Are Idiots-Plaintiffs are suing defendant contractor for cost to redo his shoddy painting, and defendant's counter suing for unpaid wages $888

OMG these two. What were they trying to prove with the matching flag pins and the cheesy American flag tie and scarf? "Maybe JJ will take our side after she sees how much we LOVE America?" It was like the Fourth of July aisle at the Dollar Store exploded on them right before they entered the courtroom.

I've lived where people painted vinyl siding that was very light, a darker color.     It warps exactly the way the siding in the "We admit we were idiots" case.     I bet the vinyl siding was either white, or very light beige, and that darker brown color that it was painted makes the vinyl warp.    Those plaintiffs got exactly what they wanted, painted vinyl.   You notice the side with full sun exposure warped, but the other two sides didn't?     That's because they get less sun.    

I noticed the wife was the outraged one, and the husband just floated along.    I bet the wife is the neighborhood pain in the neck to everyone.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

3 p.m. reruns, probably about 2016 or so-

First-

Antique Car Destroyed-Plaintiff suing body shop owner over repairs and painting of a classic car.   Car was a 1969 he bought in 1992, and decided to have car fixed.   Body shop owner says the rust repair wasn't in the agreement, and claims car owner received what he paid to get car painted.    Car was also damaged when a tree fell on it at the body shop (the tree was on the body shop owner's property, and claims he fixed the dent the tree caused).   Car owner finally got his car back, after cars were all ordered off of illegal body shop owner's property.    Defendant claims his body shop is legal, but he's not allowed to move a bunch of cars back either.  

Plaintiff gets $1500, defendant gets nothing.   

Roommate or Thief-Plaintiff suing former roommate for return of belongings.    They met at mental health, both as clients, and met at a doctor's office.    Plaintiff was evicted at previous place, but claims it was unlawful detainer (suing previous landlord currently).   Plaintiff claims she was secretly taking pictures of defendant when plaintiff was paying her in cash.  (Who takes secret pictures of money exchanges?    Just ask for a receipt).  Previous place was only $180 Section 8, and rest was paid by program.    Defendant told plaintiff to leave after money was stolen from her.   Plaintiff claims she paid $300 a month in cash, and was told to leave in January.    Defendant claims plaintiff never paid her.    Plaintiff claims she left a leather coat behind, and other property.     Plaintiff claims she bought her shoes from Macy's, and had other leather coats.

Plaintiff also claims defendant is pregnant by a homeless man who climbs in defendant's window, and claims defendant sells drugs.  (I bet at the homeless man statement, Officer Byrd put down the crossword puzzle, and is on full alert.  He also mentions very quietly to JJ where the two women met.  

Defendant has pictures of what plaintiff left behind, and claims plaintiff asked her to hold on to items for her.    (It must have been very scary to see how ill the plaintiff is, and I can't believe the defendant lived with the woman for two months).    Defendant says her children are temporarily living with her brother, after plaintiff states that her children were taken away by CPS.     Case dismissed, and Byrd is very careful to make sure the litigants are very far apart when they leave.   

Second-

The Pregnant Chihuahua Did It-Plaintiff suing her former roommate/ live-in boyfriend for damages to the room he was renting, and also for damages caused by leaving his pregnant Chihuahua behind.     Both litigants signed a lease together, and then after the break up, when defendant lost his job, he's going back to school.  There is something very off about the defendant, and his stories.  

Defendant and plaintiff had a fight, defendant stopped paying rent, and defendant left his dog behind.   Bedroom was locked, and after two weeks dog and puppies were taken to the pound, and plaintiff was supposedly feeding the dog under the door.   Plaintiff broke the door in, and removed the puppies, after apartment cited her for dog noise. .   Plaintiff gets her back rent, and carpet damages.  

Deceased Parents, Feuding Children-Plaintiffs are three sisters, (three other sisters didn't come to court, and another brother, there were once nine siblings), suing brother over late parents' property they want a cut of .      None of the plaintiffs requested to be made guardians.   However, the coven of sisters claim a guardian was appointed for mother, and claim brother/defendant influenced the guardian.     JJ points out that property given to brother or disposed of was in 2012, when both parents died, and was done by the father before his death too.    So the property involved was transferred, or sold four years ago, probably beyond the limit of estate settlement in that state, but that's not mentioned.     

The leading sister is complaining the late father was abusive, and it's rather late for this to come to court.     Defendant's mother filed for a restraining order against the sisters, with the parents' affidavit before 2012.   Sisters also claim the restraining order accusations were false, but it's been over four years.    Let it go, but I'm sure the sisters never will let anything go.  Sisters are still whining about the restraining order, and funeral from 2012.   Case dismissed, but I bet the sisters refiled the next week.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

5 p.m. episodes, both reruns-

First-

Lesbian Choking Cat Fight-Plaintiff says her estranged wife's daughter assaulted her on Thanksgiving.  What a surprise, adult beverages were involved.    Plaintiff and wife invited daughter, and grand kids over for the holiday weekend.    Then, the adults went to a bar, played pool, and then wife started arguing, both wives were name calling each other.   They went home, plaintiff went to get snack, and step daughter attacks and punches plaintiff, and kept pounding her in the face.  

Police were called, ambulance was called, and defendant was arrested.   Defendant claims the two wives were shoving, and yelling, daughter interceded.   Defendant claims plaintiff laid down on the floor having a tantrum or break down, and claims plaintiff was choking defendant.   Police report says no marks on defendant throat from the 'choking'.   Police report is very different from both litigant's stories.   Plaintiff says after assault she crawled into the kitchen, and armed herself with a knife for protection.    Police wanted charges of domestic violence against defendant, but that didn't happen.      

Plaintiff ended up in hospital for several days.  Prosecutor didn't file charges because everyone involved was drunk.    Case dismissed, defendant spent two days in jail.

Retaliatory Mood Swing-Plaintiff suing former landlord for property damage, harassment, and lost wages.   Plaintiff moved out after defendant moved his fiance in (she's now his wife), and the two women didn't get along.    Plaintiff claims after she moved out of the house, that defendant dumped her stuff at her work place, and some of the property was damaged.    Defendant waited until after the agreed on move out day, and she didn't pick her stuff up, so he dumped it at her work place.   Defendant says he agreed to wait until the 5th of the month for woman to pick her furniture up, and she didn't pick it up, so he dumped her stuff in the parking lot at work.  (Defendant had everything in the back of his truck, it was on rollers, and he rolled it off into the parking lot.   I wish there was a video).   Plaintiff hadn't paid the last month's rent either.  (My guess is plaintiff went bonkers after defendant announced he was going to marry the fiance).  

Plaintiff also damaged the wife's car, court case resulted, and plaintiff was supposed to pay restitution or go to jail.   Plaintiff hasn't paid restitution for the car yet, and JJ points out that an arrest in her future.    Plaintiff claims she can't pay the defendant his restitution because of the protective order, which doesn't mean she can't send a money order through the mail.        Case dismissed.   

Second-

Valentine's Day Curse-Plaintiff claims he wasn't engaged to defendant, though she claims they were, and the ring she didn't give back is hers. Defendant moved into plaintiff's house with her 17 year old daughter, until the big fight six weeks later.  Defendant admits she stole money from the plaintiff too.   Woman moved out after two weeks, and she moved back in for one day, just to get some property back.   Defendant also claims police officer friends of plaintiff arrested her without cause.     Defendant claims she gave ring back to plaintiff.      The ring issue is the only one left.   $250 to plaintiff (no receipt).  (Defendant says in hall-terview that "I'm sure we'll still be friends".    Plaintiff says, "No we won't be friends, and if I never see her again for a 100 years it will be too soon".)

Child Slapping and Cat Cutting-Plaintiff suing daughter for unpaid loans for daughter's cat's vet bills, after defendant injured her own cat.   Defendant says there was no expectation of repayment.    Defendant claims her father hit her child while child was in plaintiff's custody , after CPS removed child from mother (child was removed in July of 2015, when she was two), and placed with plaintiff when she was six.    Defendant told CPS about the alleged abuse of her child by plaintiff, and child was placed with biological father, and grandparents haven't seen her since.   Defendant wants money for plaintiff's 'abuse' of her child, and is told to forget it.   Defendant lives with child's father, and some other friend.  

JJ finds out that biologial father of child (who is living with defendant, and she can't be near her own child) placed child with some family friend, and that CPS wasn't notified.   Judge Judy says this will be  reported to L.A. County CPS now, and she gets the name and phone number of the 'foster'.   Since this was in August, I hope CPS did something about this.    

Cat injury is awful, defendant was trimming fur mats, and severely cut the animal's skin, and vet bills were $883.  Plaintiff gets vet bills loan repaid $883.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2