Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

In regard to yesterday's New York landlord/tenant case...I am always amazed when people describe themselves as "entrepreneurs" (as in Donald Trump) but can't pay their $600 monthly rent and have to move back in with good ol' Mom.

I wonder when the last time was that JJ ate a $5.95 tuna fish sandwich?

A lot of people are starting to use e-cigarettes as a way to quit smoking. They come in different levels of nicotine, all the way down to zero, so you still get to have your smoking ritual without actually using any nicotine. I actually use one without nicotine because they come in some great flavors, and I can vape a slice of pizza instead of eat a slice of pizza. I've actually lost weight since I used them.

I was glad that JJ called that lady out for the hustler that she was, though. She probably stole more than $2k worth, because the good ones sold in stores and kiosks don't come cheap. And whatever she was saying about them going obsolete is nonsense, because I've used the same one for over a year and they still sell the same model I have, along with all of the accessories.

(edited)

Was I the only one that thought the plaintiff in the e-cig case was hot? And his sexy accent? Yum!

I just didn't get his figures though. He paid 4200 but now says it's increased in value to 6k? Wth?

Edited by juneboy44

Was I the only one that thought the plaintiff in the e-cig case was hot? And his sexy accent? Yum!

I just didn't get his figures though. He paid 4200 but now says it's increased in value to 6k? Wth?

Hottie McHotterson! And he was soft-spoken and polite -- very atypical for a JJ litigant. Juneboy44, I was confused by his figures, too. E cigs don't appreciate in value as far as I know. Is there a shelf life to those refills?

No doubt Vapor Lady puffed some of the merchandise herself and sold most of the rest. But unfortunately Hottie didn't have enough evidence to win the whole thing.

E-cigs are very popular here in northern California, too. There is almost nowhere that permits smoking here, even outside. So the e-cigs fill a big niche.

I just didn't get his figures though. He paid 4200 but now says it's increased in value to 6k?

My interpretation was that he paid $4200 wholesale, but wanted her to pay the retail markup for what she used / failed to return to him and that's where the 6k figure came from. It's what he would have sold the $4200 worth of merchandise for at the kiosk.

JJ was so annoyed with the dueling suing sisters today. How about those shoes that flew across the room at sister #1's kid? Why are these sisters just sitting on their asses while their kids are giving each other bloody noses and breaking TVs and tearing up the kitchen table? I'm turning suspicious and thinking they didn't get their tax refunds yet and needed stuff replaced so they came up with their cockamamy stories to get money for new stuff. That or they were too busy putting on makeup and adjusting their 'dos and shoes to pay attention to their heathen children.

• Love 1

JJ gets very annoyed when people don't work.

And then because they are working and can't come to court is even more annoyed. Like many can't take off for a day or 2 or 3 depending traveling and being there - without being paying or using vacation - or being seen by 10M people.  Or affording to frolic at THE BEACH.

At least JMM takes written statements that are notarized.

Still don't get the NYC photos when the show is done in LA.....

IMHO Lillybee, I see a lot of those languishing on minimum wage jobs making much more income by Section 8, food stamps, student loans and grants (where they actually get more money than their tuition and books to pay for "living expenses"), utilities assistance, child care grants (where their grannies are getting paid by the state to watch their kids), free cell phones and damn, every other person has money coming in from a lawsuit or a mega tax refund (including Earned Income Credit). Plus there's all the side work people do - getting paid under the table to do hair, watch kids or old people, sell crap on Ebay or trade off stuff like carpentry for rent while you're getting disability. That pissed me off and I'm young enough to be JJ's daughter so I can imagine how angry she gets seeing able-bodied people sucking on the government's teat. 

• Love 2

I secretly* liked the landlord lady's purple hair. Maybe if she had gotten a proper blow out it would have looked even cooler.

*Until I just told everyone.

Was anyone else...unnerved, by JJ's repeated insistence of "this is MY America"? Her playpen, yes, her steakhouse, haha, but...that's new. I don't know, it seemed like a weird sudden veer into Fox News territory, made all the more uncomfortable by how she was shouting it at a young African-American man.

Judy's always struck me as a social liberal, with fiscally conservative tendencies heightened by sheer exasperation at the parade of miscreants with hinky financial stories. But yikes, that really weirded me out. Like when a friend's mother, sweet as pie, suddenly blurted out some clueless, racist nugget she'd apparently kept to herself for 70 years.

• Love 3

Yeah, the "MY" America thing set my teeth on edge. I do believe it is "OUR" America and we shouldn't be living up to one single standard of acceptable "normal."

Judge Judy needs to leave the politics at home.

I'm getting really tired of all these people not being prepared with receipts, bills and proof!   I'm coming to the conclusion that in the screening process to be on this show, they almost require you to be missing something so JJ can beat you them up over it!

The guy who sounded like a mean John Wayne who was being sued for a rent refund by his girlfriend who had been jailed for drunk driving sounded like a nightmare. Who asks for a relationship contract?

My favorite JJ classic today! Ms. Shampree, who flooded her apartment because she ran a baff while cooking breffus nekkid! The mental image alone gives me the giggles!

And her boyfriend, Mr. Mann! Classic!

Edited by Intocats
  • Love 3

I was struck today, having not watched JJ in awhile, at how matter of fact the cases were.  One where the "charming" parolee she banished was beyond simple and she pretty much kept to it.  Did plaintiff have reasonable cause to end the lease agreement?  Yup.  Did she buy furniture?  Receipts say yup.  Witness, too.  Did defendant have receipts for any furniture?  Nope.   Case closed.  Have a nice day.  I thought fer sure that JJ would have more fun at the parolee's and his loser GF's expense.

Then, the mileage tampering.  The defendant kept saying that he, himself, had nothing to do with that.  OK.  Fine.  Then, he says he believed the evidence the plaintiff presented.  Instead of doing the right thing and refunding the money, he fought her.  They get to court and he's all about making her whole?  Huh?  Why didn't JJ go off on him for forcing her to go through all this?  

What's with this kinder, gentler, JJ?

I thought fer sure that JJ would have more fun at the parolee's and his loser GF's expense.

Some people are so amoral, so worthless and beyond redemption that having to look at them in order to taunt them is just too distasteful.

• Love 2

The worker that tried to get money for her "spine being out of alignment" probably saw some crackpot chiropractor who'll tell everybody their spine is out of alignment regardless of their symptoms, to make a buck out of unproven pseudomedical treatments.

The plaintiff fell for it hook, line and sinker, exclaiming several times, "but my spine is OUT of ALIGNMENT!!!"  Big deal, that means nothing, your case is dismissed.

And eight co-workers pawing her constantly?  Eight?  Maybe the elevator was crowded all the time, that smelled of nonsense.

I think JJ sensed that there was something wrong with her mentally, she was a lot nicer to her than she'd deserve otherwise.

• Love 1

What about Ms. Medina, wearing an inappropriate black chiffon sleeveless top to expose beefy tatted arms, whose "back problems" precluded her from doing any type of work for the last 13 years, but not from popping out three babies, two of them with Justin,  the lamebrained boy plaintiff during their "off again, on again" relationship?

Actually, her bad back only keeps her from working on the books, but she IS able to care for and presumably lift elderly patients for cash and no nasty paper trail of earnings to maybe cut down her disability payments. I'm sure the taxpayers are happy to support her and her five kids.

• Love 1

Loved the bad back case! She has a bad back and can not work but can have 3 kids? And her cries of "but I'm a good mother" had me laughing. 

Anyone else thought Justin was kinda hot?

Loved the second case. Father leaves his teen son home alone while he goes on vacation and he is shocked that said son threw a party? Has this idiot father not watched any episode of judge Judy before? Glad Judy didn't allow him to speak! He was a freaking idiot!

• Love 2

And eight co-workers pawing her constantly?  Eight?  Maybe the elevator was crowded all the time, that smelled of nonsense.

Somebody needed to tack a sign on her back that says "DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!" so they won't all get in trouble. Maybe they were all touching her back because it was so far out of alignment that her actual spine was hanging out in the narrow aisles between the cubicles. 

As for Ms. Medina, she reminds me of the kind of lady who sits on the park bench while her kids are beating the hell out of other kids while she's talking on her cell phone and smoking. Sometimes my nosy self wonders what men see in a strange lady like that (or when women are all hot on some weirdo guy that looks like a Jerry Springer reject)

• Love 2
Somebody needed to tack a sign on her back that says "DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!"

I looked at my husband and said "How would you like to work with HER?". I imagine she's just a joy all around. Probably whines about EVERYTHING that bothers her. Your chair squeaks. You said "damn" and I'm offended. Your lunch smells funny. You breathe too loud. Someone is wearing too much perfume. Et. Al.

Hiring managers: if her resume crosses your desk, don't do it. You'll be sorry

Probably whines about EVERYTHING that bothers her.

That's because "HER BACK IS OUT OF ALIGNMENT!!" 

That said, I put my hand on the shoulder of a co-worker today when I asked her about her husband who had been very sick and instantly thought "oh crap, I hope I don't get sued"! ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

Today's domestic assault case had both the plaintiff and the defendant claiming to have pushed the other one first!  Have we ever seen that before?  Didn't think so!

The defendant seemed like rational, cool cucumber.  When it hit the fan, he took his daughter with him, moved with mom&dad in order to pay his ex three months rent.  In JJ-Land, this guy is a veritable Prince Charming.  He did what he had to do and he took responsibility for his actions.

The girlfriend on the other hand... she expected him to stay up all night and miss work to take care of HER dog?  And she wanted the rent paid up until the end of the lease, even though she told him not to come back?

Plus passing out drunk and getting into trashy bar fights...

I'm so glad JJ threw "Cookie" out of the courtroom without a reward.

Buh-bye, Cookie!

Edited by Toaster Strudel

Today's domestic assault case had both the plaintiff and the defendant claiming to have pushed the other one first!  Have we ever seen that before?  Didn't think so!

The defendant seemed like rational, cool cucumber.  When it hit the fan, he took his daughter with him, moved with mom&dad in order to pay his ex three months rent.  In JJ-Land, this guy is a veritable Prince Charming.  He did what he had to do and he took responsibility for his actions.

The girlfriend on the other hand... she expected him to stay up all night and miss work to take care of HER dog?  And she wanted the rent paid up until the end of the lease, even though she told him not to come back?

Plus passing out drunk and getting into trashy bar fights...

I'm so glad JJ threw "Cookie" out of the courtroom without a reward.

Buh-bye, Cookie!

But, she's just a "little girl", she apparently can't be expected to deal with life by herself.

• Love 2

Cougar Deadbeat Octomom case was pretty good.  What was this amazon?  Eight kids, at least one drug addicted, a whole other bunch living with their dad, prowling for 20 yr olds, getting impregnated with them, cheating on them, ending up living with their grans and homeless shelter, then marrying some other dude she was having an affair with, dumping the latest child with his young father... and trying to dodge back child support payments while saving for a $9000 tummy tuck!  She owed back child support, her salary was already garnished, and she's putting herself in the hole for 9G?

Pfffffffffft

Meth Trailers was funny, what with the giant beer gut defendant with one tooth left and his subtitles, his biker sidekick, and the bangs-in-the-eyes biker plaintiff who spent two years in the slammer and was thrown back in for violation of probation.  I'm going to guess she was dealing dope.  So many trailers... Breaking Bad much?

• Love 2

OMG Toaster Struedel (every time I see your name I think of that creepy little boy popping up with breakfast pastry to the half baked looking skate kid falling asleep at the kitchen table) GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! When I was hearing about the many trailers, all I could think of was "rolling meth labs". Kinda like food trucks but with meth. Did we ever find out what Meth Mama was originally in jail for (like we don't know how it's gonna end, lol). I was thinking either drugs or possibly she was a lady of the evening. . . perhaps rolling dens of sin. They could pull up adjacent to a strip club and well. . . . 

And did anybody notice the defendants name? Mr. STANKOWITZ???  Was this a Judge Judy first? An English-as-a-First-Language speaking defendant with subtitles? All I could think of was Don Vito, Bam Margera's uncle who would get all flustered and start yelling in an unintelligible speech pattern on Viva La Bam from about ten years ago. I was so happy he was "willing to work with her" and put a lien on her property when he stole it. Imagine the chutzpa/ cojones to put a lien on stolen property!  

So today was a Two-fer of weirdness - we had a very good looking but Stepford-ish Sister-Wiveish looking woman with eight kids looking for a tummy tuck. They are pulling some very strange cases out of the vault lately! Hooray!

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • Love 1

Stepford-ish Sister-Wiveish looking woman with eight kids looking for a tummy tuck.

I was disappointed in JJ on this one. While she did make a few pointed comments she did not hit this Never-to-be-a-candidate-for-Mother-of-the-Year very hard on her stupid and irresponsible choices with regard to her children. She was behind on her child support (how much we did not find out), and with the limits the show has, she stiffed the plaintiff for thousands of dollars, but the tummy tuck took first place in her financial planning. Get a clue lady (using the term ironically), you have a lot more problems than just a tummy tuck, paid for at the expense of your ex boyfriend and your(dare I say it, too many) kids.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 2
(edited)

ZOMG it's May sweeps already!  The second half of the show is fresh, no repeats.  And she kicked out an audience member!  What a treat!

Tears of Hybristophilia - JJ had no mercy for the weeping young lady who'd fallen in love with a worthless young man, who, at 30, already spent most of his adult life in jail, and his teenage years.  This fool gave him cigarette money while in jail (and she wasn't asking for this back), got herself impregnated two weeks after he got out, then is crying foul, because, shock!  He broke everything that belonged to her and her relatives in what appeared to be several bouts of violent jealous rage.  Then a year later, she wants the laptop money from JJ.  Now she has twenty years ahead of her, raising the spawn of a career criminal all by herself.  I'll bet the spawn is going to be a handful.  Well. I'm sure we'll see this unfortunate couple and their offspring on the First 48 sooner or later. 

The American Way - So many good tidbits, starting at the end, when the raven-haired old bat explained that this wasn't her first time falling for some stupid "sit on your ass all day and collect millions" scheme.  She wanted her expenses back, LOL.  The bluehost account and domain name for $134?  Who pays that much? What a rip.  I'm so grateful she opened up those PRECIOUS yellow signs she wanted reimbursed, so we could see that she'd scribbled with a marker, with a most uneven handwriting, "sit on your ass all day and collect millions" - sign me up!  Seems legit.  Such a polished corporate look, it can't be a scam!  Dummy.  Your case is dismissed!

Tongue piercing and nosebleed - Am I crazy or did this cheating chick that got rightfully kicked out was suing for a nosebleed?  The guy has her tool box for sure.  The way he said it "I do not... have? her... toolbox?" you just knew he had it, and JJ knew it too, she just wanted to punish her for getting a restraining order on him.

Runt of the litter - I don't know what was up with these two siblings, the sister seemed angry and the brother an irresponsible doofus.  Not a good mix.  Never lend money to family members.  The dog was 3 or 4 then he was 13? Or 16?  She didn't give him pick of the litter, that went to the stud's owner as usual, I believe that, but then she gave him a puppy through a neighbor or something.  Here's $500, goodbye!

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 3

Toaster Strudel, I am really confused. I realize that not all cable systems show the same episodes (especially for reruns), but what I saw today started with Miss Weepy and the audience member being thrown out (didn't see why, I went back and forth several times and all I could see during the minutes before the ejection was that he may have been craning his neck or trying to get on camera, but couldn't be sure). That was followed by the brother and sister arguing over a puppy and pick of the litter agreements. I did enjoy the defendant whose dog went from 3 years old to five and then to sixteen years old! That was all we got in the first half hour, second half hour was a one case rerun, looked like mutual domestic violence, mostly boring except for JJ reading from the plaintiff's police report and asking why she went from "I'm OK" and declining medical attention to "OMG I am in so much pain that I need to go to the hospital" just after being told she was under arrest and going to jail. [Not exact quotes but I think they captured the essence.] Didn't see anything about hand written yellow signs for get rich quick scheme (sounds potentially hilarious), nose bleeds or tongue piercing, were those in a different half hour than Miss Weepy and the 3-5-16 year old puppy cases?

Edited by DoctorK

Help!  This Judge Judy I'm watching right now, the woman suing her criminal ex-boyfriend for busting up her computer... JJ just had a guy in the audience thrown out of the courtroom.  What'd he do??  I wasn't looking at the screen so I missed it!

Ah, whatever he did wasn't shown?  I'll just have to be curious.  The guy sure looked baffled!  And now I see my question was answered before I asked it - next time I will read before posting. *blush*

The multilevel marketing "victim" cracked me up in her hallway comments - Watch out for multilevel marketing!  Every time she's done one it's turned out to be a scam!

Omg! The loser baby daddy case had everything! Cursing! Crying! Audience member being thrown out! After a few weeks of boring cases my show is back!

How old was baby mamma? She acted like she was 12!

Why did grandmother allow loser to stay in her house? He wouldn't be able to set foot in my house until he started paying child support!

• Love 1

Anyone else buying that JJ was ignorant of the marketing being described by the Defendant?   She just drew it out and used it as a device to get the bailiff involved if you ask me.  I was waiting and waiting for her to go off on these pyramid operations and she never really did.  I would have more enjoyed taking the time hearing evidence of how this one ensnares fools like the Plaintiff.

I sat for several of these come-ons because it was more important to me to support a friend than to stay away on principle.  Besides, it can be great fun.  Then came the magic time when we had to pony up some up front cash - usually for "samples" to use while selling.  I always said, if you think I can be such a success, you front the fees and/or samples and we'll go from there.  Funny, never once did anyone believe enough in me.

• Love 1

Whether a domain name is a type of screwdriver, or a nutritional supplement, the plaintiff wasn't getting any money back!

I loved how she was so brainwashed that she was trying to promote the vitamins on TV and wanted to show the sign... probably for promotion too.  JJ flushed that little scheme down the toilet before it had a chance to see the light.

Trying to show the sign was hilarious, but I admit I did want to see it. What a work of art! 

I was hoping Byrd would explain MLM to Judge Judy simply by saying "Amway", but he didn't. 

I did feel a bit bad about weeping laptop baby mama, mostly because I didn't want to see her idiot sperm donor get away with it. I'm pretty confident he broke the laptop and will go to jail (again...and again) before he sends her a dime of child support (he said he wanted to be in the kid's life, not that he would support her).

Hey, when you're 23 you're stupid. Sometimes your stupidity carries grave consequences, as in this case. 

Forgot to mention "Irregarding" in the doofus divorced dumbass dog case. Any day with a new word for the JJ lexicon is a good one. 

The American Way - So many good tidbits, starting at the end, when the raven-haired old bat explained that this wasn't her first time falling for some stupid

Mom's staying with us for a while, so I watched this one with her. When the plaintiff said in the halterview every time she gets involved in these businesses she never makes money, my Mom yelled at the tv "moron!".

Contraband Rear-Ender - JJ was in fine form torturing these two moron women.  Dammit I wish I knew what illegal contraband they were moving from one car to another before the police showed up.  Lady Spock Bartender spoke nice and crisp, she thought she had a well-woven story with her "couldn't find insurance" excuse, and that they made a deal to settle outside of insurance.  As JJ slowly and mercilessly ripped her a new one, her confident smile degraded to a shocked expression, then a frustrated frown.  Her moon-faced companion tried to stick to the story but was tripping over her shoelaces when questioned about who showed up accident scene, and in what order.  She's going to suffer from JJ-PTSD for the rest of her life.

Futon Hysteria - Was this insane banshee suing the family friend for a damaged futon???  For chrissakes, all the time this case was going on, I thought she was at least suing for the microwave, the VCR (who has VCRs these days, hoarders?) and the couch but no!  The defendant had returned all this basement junk.  The plaintiff thought she could outscreech JJ, but we know, JJ is the Judge, it's her courtroom, and she always wins.  She went bonkers in the hallterview but my Betamax recorder cut the last precious few seconds of this classical post-courtroom meltdown.  I weep.

Fences of a Sociopath - The plaintiffs were hilarious, they were like twins, in facial hair choice and in the way they were nodding in unison.  I knew the woman was going to get it for having the audacity of requiring a stool to sit on in the courtroom.  What drug-dealing cartel member landlord next door would agree to let her install a fence on their property, and remove all the landscaping (aka "debris)?  And then she tries to shaft the fence installers because they're not "licensed contractors?" HA!  She doesn't watch the show because she would have known that this would never wash with JJ.   "You're outrageous, Madam!  Outrageous."  It's been so long since I'd heard these beautiful words.  Since Ebay of Pigs, or Scolarship Rent-to-Own Rims Stepdad perhaps.

• Love 1

Futon Hysteria - Was this insane banshee suing the family friend for a damaged futon???  For chrissakes, all the time this case was going on, I thought she was at least suing for the microwave, the VCR (who has VCRs these days, hoarders?) and the couch but no!  The defendant had returned all this basement junk.  The plaintiff thought she could outscreech JJ, but we know, JJ is the Judge, it's her courtroom, and she always wins.  She went bonkers in the hallterview but my Betamax recorder cut the last precious few seconds of this classical post-courtroom meltdown.  I weep.

She was doing the "SHAME ON YOU" routine on the kid who cleaned out the basement. Oh and you probably caught the part where she was screaming "It's Not About The Moneeeyyyyyyyyyy" (when in fact, it IS all about the money because there is no action in this world anymore without an opposite polar reaction that involves monetary reciprocation for any perceived wrong that might have happened (i.e. You farted and my nasal passages were irritated so I am suing you for medical bills, dry cleaning bills in case the smell got on my clothes, pain and suffering as well as punitive damages because dammit you're not supposed to far in my direction! I'm on disability and have a fart allergy!!!). 

• Love 3

Oh how I love this show! 

The fence lady was out of her mind. She wants people to work for her for free? Lady get your life!

And the futon grandma? Wow! As Judy correctly said " you are alive and your son is alive. Count your blessings!"

But best of all the insurance case! Did the defendant really say that she was willing to pay out of pocket for the damage and continue paying her insurance? So she was gonna pay double for this accident? So glad Judy went off in her! I wonder what was in her trunk...