Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Toaster Strudel

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

5 p.m. episodes-First episode new (and may be shortened because of Soccer coverage running over, again.  Last Day of that), second a classic rerun-

New-

Remodel Slander-Defendant / contractor counter sues for slander about quality of work, causing loss of income.    Plaintiff claims the contractor did a rotten job, and has pictures.   Defendant and plaintiff apparently never agreed on exactly what was required, and only paid $2800 for a $5,000 job, and it was sub par.    If you want to pay sub par amounts, then you're not getting the same quality job as if you had a regular contractor.    Plaintiff gets $300.   Even with getting someone to fix the bathroom, for an additional $3,000, the bathroom remodel  will equal the price she was quoted by professionals in the first place.    

Privacy Invasion-Defendant/landlord accuses tenant of being a slob, and allegedly has the pictures to back it up.  Tenant/plaintiff says she was too tired and busy to take out the trash, and left food garbage in her room constantly.   Plaintiff wants her security deposit back ($500), and $1,000 a month was the room rent.    However, defendant claims the room was clean when she left, but landlady claims the video was taken the day plaintiff moved in.      Food trash was removed by move out.   Plaintiff gets $180 back, minus trash and cleaning by defendant.   

Rerun-

Misguided Binge Shopping-Plaintiff is former boss, and friend of defendant/former employee over plaintiff's purchase of $600 in school clothes for defendant's daughter.     Defendant says she never agreed to repay boss for school clothes, and she never would have spent $600 for school clothes.     Defendant was only asked for the school clothes money the day after the plaintiff fired her.     JJ calls the school clothes a gift, and plaintiff gets nothing.  

Jet Ski Stupidity-Plaintiff jet ski owner suing defendant guest for hurting her used jet skis.   The skis are 20 years old, and have full insurance coverage.    Plaintiff paid $3,500 for the trailer, two jet skis, lift for the skis, a few years ago.    The insurance company wrote her a check for $1406 after a wreck in 2016, and the skis were used after that, until the 2018 wreck.    Defendant was at plaintiff's lake house, they were on the jet skis (he's a rank beginner).   Defendant actually thought you could steer from the back seat of the jet ski.   Plaintiff is lucky the inexperienced defendant had suffered injuries, she would have been sued.   As JJ wisely points out, grandmother/plaintiff already came out ahead financially. 

Plaintiff grandson claims the accident damage to his jet ski is underneath the front, because he saw the accident was going to happen, and lifted up the jet ski.   Sounds like garbage to me.   My guess is that plaintiff's grandson ran up on the defendant's jet ski.   Case is dismissed. 

(Warning, tomorrows rerun case is the man who was stabbed several times, and tires slashed, and he's suing the ex-girlfriend.  I remember this, not a good one to watch during dinner). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

5 p.m. episodes-First episode new (and may be shortened because of Soccer coverage running over, again.  Last Day of that), second a classic rerun-

New-

What the hell?!  I'm watching JJ (on NBC or ABC) and after about 10 min or so, it changed to soccer coverage from France and on FOX!  The on-screen guide said it was still JJ.  I refused to watch soccer, so I changed the channel and eventually came back and it was JJ again.  How does that HAPPEN?

• Surprise 2

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Remodel Slander

2400$ to remodel a bathroom? I had my main bathroom done in 2017. The contractor came and spent some time examining the bathroom, plumbing, floor, and pipes down in the basement, taking notes all the while. He came back in a few days with a price and a contract. AND, the best part is he didn't even move in with me and I didn't have to feed and take care of him!  Of course, I paid a lot more than 2400$. Grinning def contractor, who I just bet is not licensed or insured didn't even take the time to to to the house and glance at the job. But, the plaintiff wanted super cheap and that's what she got. Those tiles smashed and hacked out to make room for the wall switch were hilarious.

And then we had another case just like on TPC today. Some CL slob goes to live with a stranger and keeps rotten food etc in her room because she's so busy she had no time to put her yucky trash in the garbage. The garbage can was small! I understand. I leave half-eaten food and moldy stuff all over my kitchen until it stinks so badly I can't stand it because I just can't find the time to lift the lid and put it in the garbage. I"m busy!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Remodel Slander

How many times have we seen this, A cheapskate litigant who was expecting 5-star results at a 3-star rate? And then wanted the contractor to reimburse her not only what she paid him but also for what another contractor did to bring it up to her high but skinflint standards. What a greedy grubby no-chin creature she was (she reminded me of the monstrous villain Shadow King in the TV series Legion).

26 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

And then we had another case just like on TPC today.

Were the two shows in competition for the most lazy and disgusting litigant of the day? I think that in this contest TPC wins by a hair (no doubt a dirty and greasy one).

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1