Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

New ones-Tree Trimming Travesty-Plaintiffs landlords suing former tenant for late fees, destroying hedges, and non-payment of last month's rent.    Whacky ex tenant charged $200 for cleaning property herself, not allowed by JJ.    Defendant didn't pay last month, and they used security for that.      Plus she paid late every month, and why was she there seven months then?      Then defendant chopped down an evergreen hedge, that looked healthy to me.      The (I think) boxwood side looked scraggly, and not good, but either way tenant chopped it down too.    $2000 to plaintiffs.     The lesson is that when a tenant pulls shenanigans like shorting the rent without landlord agreeing, start the eviction process.

Graduation Expediter to the Rescue-Defendant aunt hired graduation expediter to get accommodations for nephew to pass the graduation test for high school.     Nephew flunked, and aunt thinks because she planned parties and pre-paid tuition for nephew that she didn't have to pay the expediter/plaintiff.     The expediter tries to use federal disability laws to get accommodations for the nephew, and expediter couldn't plea for an appeal, because the defendant didn't pay her.     Plaintiff gets her fees.

3k Worth of Nothing-Defendant does home loans with a broker, to sell plaintiff's house.     Plaintiff's gave defendant $3000 for her services to get house sold, and her daughter is an agent.    Something about getting another person's name off the mortgage, and refi before selling, both make zero sense to me.     Plaintiffs get $3k

Service Dog Attack (rerun)  -Defendant girl walking Mastiff/Bull Dog cross, and it attacked the plaintiff's dog.    Plaintiff was walking his dog (Belgian Malinois 57 lbs), his wife's service dog, when the vicious, huge out-of-control Mastiff/Bull Dog (95 lbs) .-(one girl usually walks two dogs, about 150+ pounds combined).      Man crossed the street to dirt area for dog walk.     Two defendant girls walking the dogs,   One girl dragged across the street by the huge dog, and attacked plaintiff's dog.     Kid defendant dog walkers keep changing their stories, and one keeps giving other one lines.           Leg injury on plaintiff's dog don't look good.      Defendant mother keeps trying to nit pick, and get her two cents in.      Defendant's parents slander the plaintiff, something about him and his dog.   Defendant says the plaintiff should have avoided the attack.  How? When he was across the street first, and attacked by the defendant's dog.    $480 to  the plaintiff.    

Unbelievable Tree Chopper Drama-Plaintiff claims defendant chopped down three trees down to the stumps,  on plaintiff's property by hiring a tree service.   Defendant didn't just trim branches on his side of the property line, or contact the owner to get them to take down a dead tree.       $5k to plaintiff.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Graduation Expediter to the Rescue-Defendant aunt hired graduation expediter to get accommodations for nephew to pass the graduation test for high school.     Nephew flunked, and aunt thinks because she planned parties and pre-paid tuition for nephew that she didn't have to pay the expediter/plaintiff.     The expediter tries to use federal disability laws to get accommodations for the nephew, and expediter couldn't plea for an appeal, because the defendant didn't pay her.     Plaintiff gets her fees.

This case was a breath of fresh air, even if the defendant had 0 defense for her actions.  The plaintiff was professional, smart, very articulate and clearly an empathetic advocate.  The defendant had a baseless defense in that she believed the plaintiff "guaranteed" a judicial type decision in the defendant's favor and thus supported her decision to withhold P's professional fee when the decision was otherwise.  Any reasonable person knows there's no such guarantee.  But I'll give the defendant points for letting her (perhaps) blind devotion to her selfless cause cloud her judgement.  More cases like this please.

• Love 8

I just wonder what kind of 'college' accepted him, and took the tuition payment for someone who hasn't graduated.       There's nothing wrong with trade school either, especially if a student is struggling with academics, but has other ways they excel.    

• Love 7

Did someone from the show read the forum and decide to give us a break from the grammatically challenged, the drunks/brawlers/jailbirds and the indiscriminate breeders? All kinds of wonderful!

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Tree Trimming Travesty

Jeannette was one twitching, hard-rode, hachet-faced hag who can't pay her rent on time or at all but can afford to cut down (yes, very ugly) bushes in front of her rented property. Of course, she may have hacked them up herself. What a witch. Plaintiffs need to be more careful when choosing tenants. "I loved that little house!" declares Jeanette (who expected her landlords to pay her to clean the place) but just didn't love paying for it.

Graduation Expediter to the Rescue

This kind of fascinated me. A 19-year old guy, for some reason being called a "child" here, can't pass high-school tests despite being deemed of normal intelligence. Seems his failure to do so has something to do with discrimination of some sort. When I was in my last year of high school there was a guy in my class who was 20 years old. He was too lazy and/or too dumb to do the work. That was his problem. He could sink or swim and no "disability advocates" were on site to do battle and see that he graduated along with the rest of us who DID work hard, even if he didn't deserve to do so. Aunty sets up a big party for the "child" who still hasn't passed, and she feels this is somehow plaintiff's fault and she shouldn't have to pay a dime for plaintiff's work?  Someone needs to inform def that no one can guarantee the actions of another, something she really should know at her age, but I guess any excuse to weasel out of paying one red cent for services rendered will do. The world is getting wackier every day and I just cannot keep up.

3k Worth of Nothing-Defendant does home loans with a broker, to sell plaintiff's house. 

Def is another one who argues that her own answer is wrong. I love that. I also loved plaintiff husband in the hall, who was so elated and grateful to JJ. :)

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Did someone from the show read the forum and decide to give us a break from the grammatically challenged, the drunks/brawlers/jailbirds and the indiscriminate breeders? All kinds of wonderful!

And here I was wondering why Cameron Diaz's grandmother was on the show.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

And here I was wondering why Cameron Diaz's grandmother was on the show.

Are you referring to the rough-looking Jeannette? These days I'm just grateful that we didn't hear about her smashing plaintiff's windshield. leaving the place looking as though a herd of wildebeests had lived there, or getting drunk/high and challenging plaintiff to come out and fight her, while waving a baseball bat around.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

she feels this is somehow plaintiff's fault and she shouldn't have to pay a dime for plaintiff's work? 

Fortunately the advocate had a substantial binder full of evidence of the work she performed. I don't know what the 19 year youngster's issue may be but on the court shows we have seen multiple cases where Mom (or Auntie or grandma) get a diagnosis when the kid is four years old so they start to get federal money for the child and fifteen years later they are still collecting, and won't get the child reevaluated because then they might lose the federal money. Meanwhile the kid may be incorrectly locked into a more disabled/challenged status. I have seen that in my own family, someone who with appropriate support could have lived a happy, independent and productive life was instead kept in a dysfunctional life by her close relatives.

Edited by DoctorK
grammar
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

we have seen multiple cases where Mom (or Auntie or grandma) get a diagnosis when the kid is four years old so they start to get federal money for the child and fifteen years later they are still collecting, and won't get the child reevaluated because then they might lose the federal money.

Right. I recall one in particular, where a woman kept referring to her child as "half-autistic" yet he went to mainstream school in regular classes and she hadn't had him evaluated since he was a toddler. Of course she got money every month for him and I guess no one bothered asking for any acounting or updates. Who cares how Byrd's money is spent?

• Love 5

In the whacky tenant case, they really should have started eviction proceedings the second month when she shorted the rent.   Letting the situation go on for seven months was a big mistake, and I wonder what condition the inside was in?     If the left side hedge was boxwood, they can look ratty when you plant them where they have to be chopped back, that takes off the outside leaves, and it does look ugly.    I hope they either don't replant that side, or put something smaller, and easier to maintain.   Or even better, put small matching shrubs that won't grow much on either side of the porch, and then they won't have to chop anything back. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Seriously!  I've been referring to her for months!  YUCK.

Oh gawd. i came here just to see if anyone else was done seeing those lips .... Thank you! Please get her outta there.. Bring back the bird lady... 

BTW I love JJ. We watch every night...

• Love 5
21 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Belgian Malinois 57 lbs)

A friend in law enforcement calls them "Malinuts". Apparently, they used to be good police dogs, but were over & inbred for profitability and are no longer desirable in LE.  Sadly, many breeds have met the same demise.

I don't even get the hoopla over trees.  My neighbor & I share a few along the property line.  One a very large live oak.  When one of us notices attention that is needed, we do it with a quick text to the other.  Sometimes I pick up the bill, sometimes she does.  When she planted a few peach trees between us, she asked first and I told her to use my water, since it was more convenient.  We share fruit, shade and enhanced property values.

Some people just spend their time looking for reasons to be pissed.  It's not that hard folks, just be nice, FFS.

• Love 8

The only good ones I've heard of in the past few years are imported from Europe, and not the ones that breeders have ruined here.      I couldn't believe the defendants saying it was the man's fault that his dog was attacked, and I hope the landlord told them the dog goes or they do.     Another reason I'll never be a landlord.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

My neighbor & I share a few along the property line.  One a very large live oak.  When one of us notices attention that is needed, we do it with a quick text to the other.  Sometimes I pick up the bill, sometimes she does.  When she planted a few peach trees between us, she asked first and I told her to use my water, since it was more convenient.  We share fruit, shade and enhanced property values.

How do you expect to get on JJ that way? Being civil, reasonable and considerate does not a litigant make! But I'm guilty too. My neighbour leaned a bunch of what I call "junk" on my fence - construction "debreeze", old doors, wood, etc, all heavy enough to push my fence in a bit. I didn't see it for quite some time since it's at the heavily wooded rear of my "propitty". I was worried that the ice and snow on the junk might seriously damage my chainlink fence. I talked to her and explained my concerns. She moved the junk. End of story. I never had to slash her tires, egg her house, challenge her to fight me or libel her on FB. Such a boring life I live.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

A friend in law enforcement calls them "Malinuts". Apparently, they used to be good police dogs, but were over & inbred for profitability and are no longer desirable in LE.  Sadly, many breeds have met the same demise.

Exactly my problem with the AKC - only dogs with parents registered through the AKC can be AKC registered - mandated inbreeding! Not only that, but unlike some of the other Kennel Clubs, too much emphasis is placed on appearance rather than what the breed was originally designed to do. In JJ's world the only Kennel Club worth acknowledgment is the AKC. Hey, Judge Judy, the AKC is neither the oldest nor largest Kennel Club.

In fact, with JJ's automatical dislike of Pit Bulls and just as automatic stance that a dog can not be registered with any Registry other than the AKC, I keep waiting for someone to point out that there are NO AKC registered Pit Bulls... 

If all the dogs in shelters were to miraculously find homes and I wanted a registered puppy, I would much prefer the United Kennel Club, quoting "... conceived and promoted the concept of the "Total Dog", that is, a dog that performs as well as it looks; in which intelligence and working ability were as important as conformation..." After the UKC my choice would be the Continental Kennel Club registry - AKC would be way down my list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kennel_Club

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, SRTouch said:

After the UKC my choice would be the Continental Kennel Club registry - AKC would be way down my list.

Actually, the Continental Kennel Club would register mixed breeds (mongrels) or probably even a cat for you. No DNA testing or anything else required. They are the best friend of puppymillers and bybers.  The AKC registration demands only that the dog be purebred with parents of the same breed. This is no guarantee against genetic defects, but at least they require breeding records and won't register mutts.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Actually, the Continental Kennel Club would register mixed breeds (mongrels) or probably even a cat for you. No DNA testing or anything else required. They are the best friend of puppymillers and bybers.  The AKC registration demands only that the dog be purebred with parents of the same breed. This is no guarantee against genetic defects, but at least they require breeding records and won't register mutts.

You're right - the Ckc will register a mix breed - which is why a backyard breeder can charge you big bucks for a cockapoo (or any of a dozen other silly made up breeds). But.... I'd rather get a mutt than pay top dollar for a purebred dog with predictable genetic defects.... course the idea of paying extra money for registration paperwork seems ludicrous. The conditions where the puppy was born, puppy and parents' diet, vet care, & socialization will trump that registration paperwork in my mind - though it would be nice to trace the bloodlines back a couple generations for certain health problems associated with the purebred inbreeding. 

Not to worry, though, I'll stick to cats. My well established method of finding a new cat involves putting a food dish on the porch. If there's a cat around he/she will show up - then it's just a case of finding out how many other suckers are feeding the cat before I adopt.

Oh, and as far as registering one of my kitties... If I ever want to go that route I'll to one of those online service dog sites where you sent some money and get a vest and certificate declaring you have a service critter.

Uh oh - just realised we're drifting far afield of any JJ cases - so, any more on this line maybe ought to shif to the small talk

Edited by SRTouch
Added uh oh
  • Love 2

Litigants,

As noted on the PTV Forums homepage, we are undergoing a major reindexing of the forums.  As part of this, most shows that have activity but are not tracked by episode are being moved to individual topics.  This change has been made to the shows in the PQ category.  So if you also follow The People's Court, it has already been changed.

I don't know the full schedule for when each category will be reindexed. Each section will be announced via a forum front page announcement. Be on the lookout!  

However, I wanted to share some helpful tips with you all since I have seen many of you in some of the smaller forums that I check in on. 

When you are on the Forums home page, you can select the letter category the show would fall in.  For The People's Court, this is PQ.  
You will be taken to a list of all shows in that category.  Those with Forums will still be shown.  There is also a catch all topic for other shows; e.g., Other PQ Shows.  Select this forum and you'll see the list of single topic shows.   

Can't find your show there?  Try Ctrl+F and type part of the title.  This will help you scan through the list on that page only.  Also check for a second or third page in that letter category. 

Really, really, really can't find it? Check the list of archived shows, ask a Mod for help or add a question here. 

How to find it again? Topics won't show on the Forums homepage, so, when you are on the Topic, select the Follow this Content button.  You will be shown a popup screen on which you can choose to be informed of new content or not.  If you don't want emails, select the last choice, "Don't send notifications, just add to my Followed Content".  

You can see your Followed Content by selecting Followed Content button on the Forums home page.  If there is new content in the Topic, it will be shown in red text. 

Whenever the J category is indexed, I expect Judge Judy to become a Topic. 

If you have questions, please PM me directly.

Edited by PrincessPurrsALot
updated to match current forum design

According to my less than perfect cable guide, both episodes are new.

Clueless Young Bookkeeper-Plaintiff bookkeeper suing defendant for unpaid work.     Young bookkeeper and partner bought accounting company, and was supposed to do accounting, taxes, etc.      Plaintiff claims unpaid bill of $2208.   Defendant claims they raised fees, and didn't tell plaintiff, screwed up his taxes, and other accounting.   Defendant says they didn't cash his checks for three months, and payments were from previous owner, and plaintiff had to do catch up work previous owner didn't do.    Plaintiff accountant has no knowledge how to run a business, and doesn't have a clue about what she's supposed to do.      Plaintiff was cashing checks for previous owner, who now works at the accounting firm again.    Defendant is getting dunning notices for business license fees never paid, federal tax deposits not made correctly, and other screw ups by plaintiffs.     From testimony, previous owner was cashing defendant's checks, and plaintiff doesn't know about that either.  I wouldn't trust the plaintiff's to walk my dog, let along do my taxes or accounting.    Cases are all dismissed, and plaintiff is an idiot.  

Mother's Ashes Trade for Car-Defendant was married to plaintiff's (2 adult step daughters) mother for 33 years, car was titled in deceased wife's name, with daughter, and $5864 still owed.    Thomas Haines (that's only funny to me for personal reasons) doesn't to give the car back, but Tommy Boy wants money from benefit the daughters received.    Daughters get five days to claim car with marshal.         Defendant didn't pay for funeral either, it was paid for by donations.   When car is received, the show will pay his expenses.    Daughter has ashes of mom, and she'll give them back to Tommy Boy.    Tommy Boy's friend just won't shut up.   Defendant wants his bed back.   He claims the stepdaughters tossed him out.   I hope he's not related to me, because I can't stand him.   Car to plaintiffs, bed to defendant.   Benefit money goes to person designated as beneficiary, so he can get over that.   He says the step daughters never liked him, and I like them for that, because I want to slap him repeatedly.    

Deceased Father's Truck Totaled-Plaintiff suing mechanic defendant for not fixing her car, and doing more damage.    Plaintiff wrecked late father's truck, and it was totaled.    Insurance company let her keep truck for reduced rate, and she wanted it fixed by defendant.    Mechanic had truck from October 17 to August 18, and it was towed home.   He is a hobby mechanic, and all of the parts to repair the truck came from junk yards, and defendant has no receipts.         Another sitting plaintiff, to get sympathy?    Plaintiff gets $1k back.    

Adult Son Breaks Dad's Rules-Plaintiff dad suing son for truck dad put in son's name, and dad loaned him the money for the truck, and couldn't drink or do drugs.    Son paid for half, and plaintiff dad wants the rest.    Son/plaintiff paid $750 for the truck, and father wants the rest of the money.       Defendant claims dad was going to pay for half of the truck, but JJ doesn't believe it.     $750 to plaintiff.  

Trailer sold for $8k, defendant gave trailer owner $4k, a week later he claims he gave her the rest, but has no proof.  Plaintiff gets $4k. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Mother's Ashes Trade for Car

After I saw that on my PVR, I just had to watch. I must be developing a 6th sense, since I knew immediately this gang of misfits came from MN. CrazyInAlabama said all that needs to be said. Highlight was goofball def (who didn't even pay for his own wife's funeral but is hot to get a bed back) bringing his wee, squeaky friend to speak on his behalf when none of this is any of the little guy's business.

Adult Son Breaks Dad's Rules

It keeps getting worse. Here is a 34-year old man (looking at least 54) who is broke and homeless, apparently because he just loves drinkin' and druggin' and partyin', thinking he's a teenager. Daddy takes in his hopeless, giant loser of a son. What a waste of time and money. Better knock of whatever you're doin' Slusta(?) because you look like a freakin' corpse now.

old for $8k, defendant gave trailer owner $4k, a week later he claims he gave her the rest, but has no proof. 

Could the def put together one coherent sentence? If he did I missed. A man old enough to have gray whiskers, and he tries pulling such a tacky scam. Disgusting.

• Love 10
On 12/19/2018 at 8:28 PM, AngelaHunter said:

This kind of fascinated me. A 19-year old guy, for some reason being called a "child" here, can't pass high-school tests despite being deemed of normal intelligence. Seems his failure to do so has something to do with discrimination of some sort. When I was in my last year of high school there was a guy in my class who was 20 years old. He was too lazy and/or too dumb to do the work. That was his problem. He could sink or swim and no "disability advocates" were on site to do battle and see that he graduated along with the rest of us who DID work hard, even if he didn't deserve to do so. Aunty sets up a big party for the "child" who still hasn't passed, and she feels this is somehow plaintiff's fault and she shouldn't have to pay a dime for plaintiff's work?

I'm wondering why they just didn't encourage him to get a G.E.D? Because he won't "walk" with a cap and gown"? Because there are no parties for G.E.D. students? My kids were homeschooled and both got G.E.D.s and had no trouble being accepted at college and getting scholarships. Plus while they were getting their G.E.Ds and took the prep classes, they saw loads of other kids and young adults being tutored to pass the G.E.D., several with learning disabilities/ challenges. 

18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Trailer sold for $8k, defendant gave trailer owner $4k, a week later he claims he gave her the rest, but has no proof.  Plaintiff gets $4k. 

That guy was kinda cute, but doing the textbook lying routine - squirrely eyes, nervous stammer, shuffling papers. 

• Love 5

I wonder if the real ashes will be given to former step-dad?   Or if someone is buying a duplicate urn, while the other sister is bagging some fireplace ashes?     I hope that's exactly what's happening.

And the 'benefits', the person can designate anyone they want as beneficiary of insurance, last payments, etc., and it's a good thing the woman did that, because the idiot she was yoked to for all of those years didn't even pay for her funeral.    

That poor woman must have been desperate to stay married to that boring, emotionless man.      And his friend was such a jerk.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

That guy was kinda cute, but doing the textbook lying routine - squirrely eyes, nervous stammer, shuffling papers. 

Yeah. To me, such low-down, amoral and stupid behavior automatically negates any physical attractiveness, permanently. "Pretty is as pretty does!"

53 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

That poor woman must have been desperate to stay married to that boring, emotionless man. 

We must never underestimate the depths of desperation that exist out there. After being hooked up with the brain-dead Howdy Doody all those years, maybe death was a sweet release.

Anyway, the Notorious JJ Escape Goat sends Season's Greetings to all:

white-new-year-goat-in-red-santa-claus-hat-eating-green-tree-with-ERJKHM copy.jpg

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Yep, textbook... I don't remember him pulling a single thread of evidence out of those papers, either . He DID offer to prove the withdrawal of the first 4 grand - whiich was never in dispute - and JJ wasn't about to interrupt Byrd to retrieve that nonsense

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 5

Both episodes today are supposed to be new-

Stalking Through the Ceiling-Plaintiff suing defendant (on disability from job at San Quentin, section 8) for false complaints of noise during the day from her apartment (when she and adult daughter are at work), drug dealing, and man living there that plaintiff says doesn't exist.     Complaint from defendant says local drug dealer is selling from her apartment.   Plaintiff says the 'illegal tenant drug dealer' was  friend from Houston in town for her birthday, and refused to identify himself to the police, when loony neighbor said he was dealing drugs.    Is there a law about identifying yourself in a private residence?    I'm not sure I would identify myself in that case either, unless you have to give I.D. to police any time they ask on private property.   

Plaintiff got a one-year restraining order against loony downstairs defendant, and I hope they give her a copy of the entire case with raw footage, and she gets the restraining order made permanent.     There have been repeated letters to landlord, housing authority, and police reports.     Defendant violated the restraining order too.   Stalking allegations are ludicrous.      Defendant claims she's going to move, but certainly hasn't moved yet.    Defendant's witness looks like she is out of it too.     I was actually hoping the defendant wasn't going to do something right there in court to the plaintiff.     

I agree with JJ, something is seriously off with defendant.    I'm really worried for the plaintiff, and hope she's OK living above that nutso defendant.   Plaintiff wins, and I hope for $5k, but I'm not sure because I was so stunned by the defendant and her bizarre allegations. 

BB Gun Shootout-Two middle aged or older are litigating a BB gun assault by plaintiff, and she claims the defendant threw rocks, and broke front door, broke windshield, and defendant claims that the plaintiff started it with the BB gun.    Woman plaintiff claims they never dated, but defendant was crazy about her.    She wanted him to bring gas over for mower, when he did and saw another man mowing, defendant claims he poured the gas all over her lawn, and defendant went ballistic.  I can't believe two fully grown people were acting like that.      Plaintiff seems like another nut case, and there is a warrant card and case number, and plaintiff is going to keep going with a case against him, so JJ can't hear it.    No money for anybody.

Sentimental Fence Feud (Grandma fights with neighbors over fence late hubby built 40 years ago)-Plaintiffs seem like a couple of nut cases over this fence, and granddaughter is accused of assaulting female defendant over fence.     40 years ago husband built wire fence, and plaintiff wants damages over fence.     New neighbor defendants built their own fence, fixed the places that damaged the fence, because plaintiffs didn't want to have the fence replaced.    Fence is plain old wire squares, with t-posts, and looks like ca-ca to me.     Plaintiff claim defendants damaged the fence vertically in two places, and both were fixed by defendant, and the defendants put the privacy fence on their side.   Actually, I've known neighbors who talked it out like adults, and built a joint fence, and nobody got assaulted.  Butt ugly fence was built by late grandfather, and that makes it sacred.    The fence was to grow vines and ivy.  Plaintiff's granddaughter certainly learned to be ugly from grandma. In the defendant's shoes, anything that grows over the top of the fence would have the best, permanent weed killer I could find, for when the ugly stuff trespasses.   Granddaughter of plaintiff claims assault was filmed, but it didn't happen.   Then she stopped filming right before she pushed defendant woman through the fence. 

The replacement wooden fence by defendants is beautiful.   And plaintiff is whining because defendant planted morning glories on their side.   $100 for defendant?    I lost track. 

Juice Bar Owner Fail-Plaintiff rented juice bar space from defendant, claims she was evicted illegally, and defendant claims plaintiff was illegally served alcohol.    Entire plaintiff witness line up look like they're hitting a club after court.    Plaintiff owes rent for June, and put a bunch of her junk in the parking lot, and that space was not part of her lease.   Defendant locked where junk was illegally stored, and that's the access that plaintiff is suing for.    Defendant needs to take plaintiff for three months rent to housing court, and I'm betting it will be a long, nasty fight there.        Plaintiff gets zip, and deserves nothing. 

From the previews, Monday is the case with the domestic violence case where the man had a bail for domestic violence, and a $50k bond.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can't believe two fully grown people were acting like that. 

You watch this show regularly and have trouble believing that? I'm kidding. I get it. I watch all the time too, yet it remains incomprehensible to me the way so many people live - mature adults who settle differences of opinion with savage violence and property damage. I guess we need to laugh about it or we'd never stop crying.

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the Strange Case of the Invisible Man or want to skip it.

15 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

anything that grows over the top of the fence would have the best, permanent weed killer I could find, for when the ugly stuff trespasses.

No weed killer! The late-night ads I get from ambulance-chasing lawyers say that if you were exposed to "RoundUp" and had a genital amputation or gangrene as a result, you should call them. Call the offices of ___________! Call now! You may be entitled to compensation! Oh, to have one of those cases on JJ!

• Love 6

The one I really couldn't believe was outside of a locked ward was the stalking defendant.   How ironic that the woman she fixated on works in a locked ward facility.   

Actually, there is stuff that if you spray it on a plant, the plant dies, the roots die, and it makes the ground impossible to grow anything on for years.     I suggest you do it wearing full haz mat gear, and with the wind at your back, and blowing briskly.     Professional landscapers use it for permanent plant eradication.     

I'm not worried about Round Up exposure, as much as asbestos, because the house I grew up in was full of the stuff.   My parents thought the government didn't know what they were doing when they told people asbestos will kill you.    

I found it interesting that the plaintiff old bat knew what the defendant planted on their side of a solid fence, in a fully fenced yard.    I hope the defendants have strong gate locks, because I can see the plaintiffs wandering through and scattering a bunch of round up around if they know the defendants are away from home.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Today for the second time, JJ hand waved someone's item as ugly or old and so it was ok that a defendent ruined it.  Don't get me wrong, these are ridiculous cases but it's not ok to mess with someone's stuff just because it's ugly or old.  

• Love 7

That 40 year old fence was virtually falling down.   I bet it was the kind of wire that can get brittle with age also.    If the woman didn't want it touched, then she should have told the neighbors the first time they brought it up.     I think the neighbors thought the woman was fine with the replacement, as long as they did the work and paid for it.  

With the weight of the vines, and the fact that the long dead husband put it up 40 years ago, it should at least have the poles replaced and concreted in securely.   My guess is that if anyone does try to replace the poles, then the fence will pretty much fall apart.     Now the woman can have her precious fence, and the neighbors won't have to see her or her rude, bully granddaughter.    I absolutely believe the granddaughter shoved the woman.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

Plaintiff seems like another nut case, and there is a warrant card and case number, and plaintiff is going to keep going with a case against him, so JJ can't hear it.    No money for anybody.

Plaintiff wasn't happy about that, at all.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Stalking Through the Ceiling-

The defendant was a prime example of the cuckoo neighbour, a sub-species of human that can make life hell for other tenants (and for the landlord, no doubt). She makes up her own conspiracy theories on the spot and builds on them in just a few seconds, and they then become the absolute truth for her with no facts to buttress her ravings; "trust me" she says. I hope she does not get the opportunity to further bother the plaintiff before she finally moves out; after all, we know she does not understand the concept of conditions and limitations imposed by a restraining order.

13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sentimental Fence Feud

People can really get "sentimental" for just about anything, including a rickety old fence. But in this case the emotional value may have been something the younger plaintiff dreamed up to add weight to their complaint. Her grandmother may appear to be a crotchety old gal, but I thought that the true instigator for the problem was the granddaughter who for some reason decided to make it into a big conflict over the desecration of a treasured family heirloom. She may very well have persuaded her grandmother to change her mind and go along with her craziness despite her probable initial agreement to the proposed new fence. But then again, would you say not to such a harpy of a granddaughter and then runt he risk of becoming the target of her fury? Perhaps the winds of poetic justic will blow a few seeds from the Morning Glories in her coffee, just enough to give her a nice episode of gastric discomfort.

Plaintiffs do have a right to enjoy their ugly fence as much as they want for as long as they can, and the defendants repaired it, so no great harm done.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 7
On 12/20/2018 at 5:52 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Deceased Father's Truck Totaled-Plaintiff suing mechanic defendant for not fixing her car, and doing more damage.    Plaintiff wrecked late father's truck, and it was totaled.    Insurance company let her keep truck for reduced rate, and she wanted it fixed by defendant.    Mechanic had truck from October 17 to August 18, and it was towed home.   He is a hobby mechanic, and all of the parts to repair the truck came from junk yards, and defendant has no receipts.         Another sitting plaintiff, to get sympathy?    Plaintiff gets $1k back.

I failed to catch what state these two came from, but I need to avoid it in the future. Any state that would license a total wreck “repaired” by an amateur is a dangerous place to be. Be sure to watch the future JJ episode where the the person injured by that motorized pile of junk successfully sues the vehicle’s operator.    

• Love 3
On 12/20/2018 at 5:52 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Adult Son Breaks Dad's Rules-Plaintiff dad suing son for truck dad put in son's name, and dad loaned him the money for the truck, and couldn't drink or do drugs.    Son paid for half, and plaintiff dad wants the rest.    Son/plaintiff paid $750 for the truck, and father wants the rest of the money.       Defendant claims dad was going to pay for half of the truck, but JJ doesn't believe it.     $750 to plaintiff.

Rule #1, don’t make a bargain with an addict.  It my heart breaks for the dad. I hope his other two children offset some of the misery this son is responsible for. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Stalking Through the Ceiling-Plaintiff suing defendant (on disability from job at San Quentin, section 8) for false complaints of noise during the day from her apartment (when she and adult daughter are at work), drug dealing, and man living there that plaintiff says doesn't exist.     Complaint from defendant says local drug dealer is selling from her apartment.   Plaintiff says the 'illegal tenant drug dealer' was  friend from Houston in town for her birthday, and refused to identify himself to the police, when loony neighbor said he was dealing drugs.    Is there a law about identifying yourself in a private residence?    I'm not sure I would identify myself in that case either, unless you have to give I.D. to police any time they ask on private property. 

Now I have Patsy Cline’s “Crazy” as my latest ear worm. Yikes. 

• Love 2

Now I have Patsy Cline’s “Crazy” as my latest ear worm. Yikes. 

• Love 2

BB Gun Shootout-Two middle aged or older are litigating a BB gun assault by plaintiff, and she claims the defendant threw rocks, and broke front door, broke windshield, and defendant claims that the plaintiff started it with the BB gun.    Woman plaintiff claims they never dated, but defendant was crazy about her.    She wanted him to bring gas over for mower, when he did and saw another man mowing, defendant claims he poured the gas all over her lawn, and defendant went ballistic.  I can't believe two fully grown people were acting like that.      Plaintiff seems like another nut case, and there is a warrant card and case number, and plaintiff is going to keep going with a case against him, so JJ can't hear it.    No money for anybody.

I strongly suspect she wanted a fireworks show otherwise she would know better than to call boyfriend #1 to fetch gasoline for boyfriend #2. Goofy gal threw a match on all that gas. The dating pool must be pretty shallow in Birmingham. 

• Love 6

I think you can repair, and reregister a truck or car almost anywhere.   However, I think it has salvage title on it forever.      I'm not sure Car Fax will always note that either, depending on who does the work.  

A couple of cars ago, my car fell nose first off a lift.    The company paid for everything, real parts were used from Dodge, not aftermarket, and it was in better shape after it was fixed.    However, since I didn't put in a claim, but the garage paid for everything, Car Fax didn't know about it.    I've known people who bought a car or truck, and then discovered it had a salvage title, so they had all kinds of issues with their insurance company, and worrying about hidden damage.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

I think you can repair, and reregister a truck or car almost anywhere.   However, I think it has salvage title on it forever.      I'm not sure Car Fax will always note that either, depending on who does the work.  

Yeah, I believe it possible to repair a totaled vehicle to a condition better than it was before it was wrecked - but it takes a good mechanic/body guy to do the job. Lots of times the insurance company will write off a vehicle even though the bare bones of a good vehicle is beneath cosmetic damage. Didn't sound like the case here - smashed door from side impact, rear end damage, bent frame, wire harness a mess, and looked like that interior was trashed before the crash. As I recall, the truck in this case was a real wreck, much more than this hobby/shade tree mechanic was capable of fixing. When he started talking about splicing wires and patching holes with fiberglass.... nah, un-uh-huh, call the junk yard to tow that thing away.

• Love 5

You have to love the gall of someone who bondos the floor of a vehicle, because I'm betting that's what he used, and not the real repairs you should do on a vehicle floor.     I'm hoping that the local authorities were watching, and it's a state with a real inspection process.    I'm also betting that if it looks decent, and she can get a real title to it, she'll sell it to some unsuspecting person as a classic vehicle.    I didn't notice where they were from, but if the truck was around road salt, then it's a death trap by that age.    

• Love 5

You peeps never let me down. Just watched the case of "Stalking Through the Ceiling." If def is not on disability for a mental condition, she should be. Or maybe she really does have Superman-type vision and hearing that enable her to see someone listening to her through walls and hear a gun being cocked in another unit. Total looney-toon. BUT, plaintiff might want to think about who her daughter is giving house keys to, because her seeming big lie of "My good buddy is some  young guy from Houston who came to my birthday party" and he's so upstanding he refused to identify himself or anyone else in the dwelling when the cops came a-calling. Who knows what kind of shennanigans were going on there. I enjoyed JJ reading verbatim def's complaint, with horrible grammar intact. "I know she have a gun."

The case where JJ expected to find teenagers before her: Is there some program - aside from anger management - that can teach adults/senior citizens impulse control? Hissy fits, rock throwing, windshield smashing, flinging gasoline around and BB guns? Only toddlers and animals have so little self-control. Oh, well - actually, some animals like dogs can be taught more impulse control than these cretins have. Plaintiff is an unemployed social worker who doesn't know what the word "accommodation" means.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 8

Personally, I found it pretty scary that the stalking case defendant was working at San Quentin, and I still am amazed it's a physical disability (maybe head up butt disease?), and not a mental one that had her on disability.       And how does someone with a state government job qualify for Section 8?     It really seems that she would take too much money to qualify, and there's no way she qualified in the few months she admitted to being on disability.     Around here the public assistance housing waiting lists are years long, and you can even get on the wait list until they open that up very rarely.     

My guess is the daughter had a boyfriend drop over one afternoon, and the defendant called the cops claiming he was a drug dealer.   Honestly, I'm a great supporter of law enforcement, but I'm not sure I would be very cooperative after repeated, bizarre complaints by the loon who lived below the plaintiff.    I'm sure the shenanigans of the defendant are a hot topic with the plaintiff, her daughter, and anyone they know.    

It might be that the apartment was income based, and not really Section 8.    They have some around here, and if you have enough kids, you get a substantially cheaper rent, but it's not subsidized.    I think it's part of the affordable housing initiatives.     I just hope that since the show aired, the defendant moved out, and left that poor woman to upstairs to live in peace.      However, even if the defendant moved, I'm sure any future landlords, and neighbors will be horrified to live near her, waiting to have her focus her evil mind on them.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

he's so upstanding he refused to identify himself

Thank you.  Pick your battles, dumbass.  If you clean, then popping that ID shouldn't be an issue.

Defendant was clearly BSC, but methinks Plaintiff's hands weren't all that clean and fresh.

Just watched rerun where little troll bought the adult Pekingese, brought it home, dropped it down and was pissed when poor little dog was confused & scared.  She pottied on kitchen floor and didn't immediately tow the line and act like troll wanted.   What a dick!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Defendant was clearly BSC, but methinks Plaintiff's hands weren't all that clean and fresh.

I don't think so either. Plaintiff was silent with a deer in the headlights look when JJ was reading the police report. Personally, if I were asked about some young guy who was in my home and who wouldn't identify himself when the police came, I'd be shocked and claiming I had no idea who that was. I think she was trying to protect her 26-year old daughter who maybe has a thing for "bad boys", since I'm pretty sure this guy isn't a pal of the plaintiff. That sounded ree-dik-alous.

As for Sec8, it's seldom we see anyone here who pays his/her own rent, even couples where both of them work yet still get a free ride. Byrd has deep pockets.

• Love 5

My suspicion is that since Mom and daughter share the apartment, that entertaining by the daughter happens when Mom's at work.     The 'friend' might have been a local bad boy, or he might have just been someone who was sick of the garbage police reports, and repeated complaints by nutso defendant.   It could be the plaintiff didn't know about the daughter's boyfriend, or hook up until she was in court. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

A couple of cars ago, my car fell nose first off a lift.    The company paid for everything, real parts were used from Dodge, not aftermarket, and it was in better shape after it was fixed.    However, since I didn't put in a claim, but the garage paid for everything, Car Fax didn't know about it.    I've known people who bought a car or truck, and then discovered it had a salvage title, so they had all kinds of issues with their insurance company, and worrying about hidden damage.   

Some years ago “Katrina Cars” were a big problem. There were cars destroyed by Katrina flooding and salvaged. Unscrupulous parties acquired some these cars, got them running and sold them to fool/victims with salvaged titles, fake titles, no titles, etc. The electrical and mold problems, among others, could never be fully repaired. Buyer beware. 

• Love 2

After Hurricane Harvey there were about a million vehicles written off, and they all went to auction.     There are also Irma, Maria, Florence, and Michael cars, so there are plenty of reasons to be worried about used cars.    

I would definitely avoid used cars with salvage titles, especially if the work was done by a hobby mechanic like the defendant.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3