Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Gone But Not Forgotten

ShellSeeker

Things have changed. The infection enters a new phase. Fet wants to celebrate, but Setrakian and Eph are worried there's more work to be done. Justine conscripts a new, unwilling army in the fight while Eichhorst angrily lashes out with a plan to strike back.

I knew that the Master wasn’t dead. I don’t understand why the other three don’t help them fight the strigoi even if they cannot fight the Master. Btw, it looked like Quinlan had a penis to me.

The media is now calling them, Strigoi. The reporter was so obnoxious, but she didn’t deserve to be arrested and forced to hunt strigoi.

Eichhorst using the strigoi as suicide bombers grossed me out. It was clever as hell sowing all that chaos. lt is ridiculous at how mindless the strigoi are. Why weren’t they using UV on everyone who entered the building? I went from being happy that Justine wasn’t infected to wishing that she was.

Poor Dutch. She is suffering from PTSD.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Why didn't  Fet tell Justine to close her eyes as tight as she can?

OK, the Strgoi suicide bombers still looked very human or  is Herr Eichhorst  doing thier make up? lol

So, Beecher is conscripting people to be cannon fodder? What does he think he will accomplish by giving people shitty weapons and no training?

• Love 1

Crazy thought..what if Justine becomes the host body for The Master towards the end of the season? After that close call she may not be so lucky next time

Edited by TDT
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Why weren’t they using UV on everyone who entered the building?

It's nuts that they don't have any security.

2 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Why didn't  Fet tell Justine to close her eyes as tight as she can?

And why didn't Eph check the back seat of the cab before he got in?  Basics but apparently beyond these people.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TDT said:

Crazy thought..what if Justine becomes the host body for The Master towards the end of the season? After that close call she may not be so lucky next time

I hadn't thought about this, but it would be wild. It makes sense. It would be the perfect way to terrorize New Yorkers. Also, she might be infected anyway, but the worms are taking longer to appear.

3 hours ago, zulualpha said:

It's nuts that they don't have any security.

And why didn't Eph check the back seat of the cab before he got in?  Basics but apparently beyond these people.

Eph knew about the strigoi in the back seat. He told Dutch that it had been nesting back there. Did she know how difficult it was to find a car with gas? He figured that as long as it was trapped in the back that he could use the car.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Eph knew about the strigoi in the back seat. He told Dutch that it had been nesting back there. Did she know how difficult it was to find a car with gas? He figured that as long as it was trapped in the back that he could use the car.

I don't think he did.  Why wouldn't he tell Dutch before getting into the car?  I mean I warn people that my car is a little messy before they get in it.  You're telling me that Eph can't give someone a heads up that he's got a vampire in the back seat.

Edited by maczero
  • Love 5

Fun seeing the Strigoi briefly off the leash and loose cannons, but I should have known Eichorst would think of something.  Good thing Fet was there and killed the worm that almost got Justine (why didn't he just tell her to close her eyes, though?), but I still got some kind of sense that they are setting it up to make this be an issue.  I wonder if something is going on?  Unless really is a set-up to just have her go more militant now, and doing things like shutting down the press and arresting the reporter (Jeananne Goossen a.k.a. the former Dr. Krista from The Night Shift!), just for running a mean piece about her.

Gus and Angel are now being forced to help clear out tunnels and are barely getting by.  Lee Tergesen's hair is still a distraction...

No surprise, The Master isn't dead.  The red worm Abe saw is what really needs to be killed, before he is gone for good.  I wonder if he already found another host yet or not.  Still thinking it would end up either being Kelly or Zach himself.  Eichorst will probably keep getting passed over.

I have to rewatch, but I'm pretty sure Eph did know about the Strigoi being in the backseat and just saying that it was hassle to find a car anyway, so he just puts up with it.  As for why he didn't tell Dutch, I don't know.  Guess he's just an asshole!

• Love 1

I wonder if the writers were embarrassed by that red worm reveal? That was some clunky writing.

I loved the little detail of a single lock of Eichorst's usually impeccable hair being out of place as an indication of how out of control things were without The Master. 

I'm worried about Justine. She's become my favorite character and I fear that authoritarian turn does not bode well for her future.

• Love 3
On 9/19/2016 at 5:26 PM, xaxat said:

I loved the little detail of a single lock of Eichorst's usually impeccable hair being out of place as an indication of how out of control things were without The Master. 

LOL that was great.  The worm bombs were inspired and I also enjoyed his speech to the dumb strigoi "nod if you understand" ha!  Really, if Eichorst was in charge and not the Master, the world would be taken over by now.

So all these hundreds of years and no one told Quinlan about the red worm??  That WAS clunky writing.  No wonder he was pissed at the Ancients.

Sending prisoners to clear the tunnels is not really a good idea - ethics aside, people who are scared and don't really know what they're doing are more apt to get infected and make the problem worse.  I was hoping Justine would find some way around it if she didn't want to challenge head-on.   I do hope she'll be OK though, I like her.   I get that she was upset about the attack but I didn't like her going after the reporter. 

Eph is much more tolerable with Dutch - ugh, he's probably going to drag her to search for Zach isn't he??

Entertaining episode. 

On 9/19/2016 at 5:10 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I have to rewatch, but I'm pretty sure Eph did know about the Strigoi being in the backseat

I don't think so, he was pretty casual but said he should lock the doors.   I think the comment could be taken either way actually. 

• Love 1

I didn't mind Justine going after that stupid reporter.  The reporter really didn't have her priorities straight.  New York is falling apart and there are monsters everywhere trying to eat you... who cares about your crusade!!

• Love 3