Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Scream Again

The problem I see already is that the characters were written for a particular Mileu; Munch the bittter feminist Dean; Channel the bitch sorority queen lording over everyone, etc and simply placing them in a hospital setting doesn't transplant well their types.  It shows that even comically, it doesn't make sense for them to be forced together.

I agree with this. They were 2-dimensional parodies of sorority girls and frat boys. The idea of them working as medical students doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Love 2

This is why I only use tongs to grab things in the garbage disposal.  Never will I reach into an unknown hole that may take off my hand.  +for faux horror story teaching us good life lessons.  Don't stick you hand in the garbage disposal ever!

• Love 1

As much as I really enjoyed last season right from the bat, this first episode has left me rather lukewarm . Sure, they were some good one-liners that were delivered with gusto. And sure the filming was great - my favorite scene was Munch arriving at the place where the Chanels lived: it was dark, she was dressed all in black, so when she stood facing them you only saw her head flowing like a detached head (excellent foreshadowing) and maybe her belt, I think (another foreshadowing?).

I thing someone above (sorry I cannot quote you, not sure how to go a page back without losing post :(...) helped me understand why: the new setting is not a good fit to characters designed for a college/university setting. As much as season one was full of unrealistic happenings, it was all credible somehow, and I feel that's not the case here. I really wish this has been formatted as an anthology, or an otherwise more fitting move to another setting.

Not credible: the Chanels taking menial jobs, living in an almost trailer park, and above all else being watered down, as the brilliant poster I cannot directly quote said above. Well, mostly Chanel numero uno.

Munch as a great benefactor of humanity is not credible either, but I buy it in the story, because I think she will be revealed to have another goal in doing all this. So that's a credible incredible, for me. The original Chanel's behaviour this episode was mostly not credible incredible, she seemed more like a sad hasbeen who would like to think she still has it, but somehow I'm not convinced that it was what the show runners were aiming for. (After all, she found the-cure!) That angle would be interesting in a drama series though.

Other random reflexions:

I thought if Chanel was to find "the cure", it would be one of the permanent hair removal options (light pulse? or some such). Much more fitting to her character. But they're really pushing the "medical" theme.

I wouldn't mind if number 5 had been killed off - the character bugs, the good mean quotes about her (white pumpkin is my favorite) could still be used, and Abigail Breslin could move on to something else. And remember, they did kill a Chanel in the first episode last season, but at least she had one of the best scenes before dying (the texting one!!).

The new characters could be interesting (attached hands, extremely cold body, scary nurse and sunny guy), but they aren't yet. Still, potential.

Hairy girl had the most expressive, lovely gaze.

I hope they find a way to bring number 3 to the fore more. But maybe it's the fact that she's shown in small doses that makes me love her so.

On 9/22/2016 at 9:03 AM, MaggieG said:

Someone help me, is Kirstie Alley the nurse in the flashback (the one who helped Jerry O'Connell dump the body in the swamp) or she is she the pregnant wife?

I wonder if it's the same "baby grew up and now is on the path of revenge" plot.

The lighting was weird when i was watching it but was the guy who was dumped into the swamp black? that will narrow down the possible grown up baby. Unless he or she are not in the out and open socializing with the rest of the peeps. I know the parents to be were talking about a boy, but maybe it was just wishing for a boy, old-wife stuff, or an ultrasound mistake... i mean it's mid 80-s... where I'm from they didn't even do ultrasound  just for sex revelation back then, only if it was medically necessary.

Edited by vavera4ka

So far my speculation is that Taylor Lautner is the baby, what with his line about how his family was poorly treated by doctors. 

This show is the good sort of bad for me though I'd wish they'd ease up the abuse of Chanel 5 it's getting stale now. 

• Love 1