Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Time to Push

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, cheerbear said:

It is?  Why is that?  I'm asking because my daughter is from China and I've never taken her to a special person to cut Asian hair.

Well, in Texas, I've had multiple stylists tell me that it's more difficult to cut. But another poster in California said her Asian friends don't run into the same difficulty. 

10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think some people just have the potential for more of an interesting story. Nobody can hide from the CMT cameras. Or like Shelbi, she burned some bridges so they're not going to show much footage of her by choice. If her boyfriend hasn't gone on that rant, I think she would've had more screen time.

Huh?  What rant? Can you explain please?

Can you really lump all Asian hair into one type though? no way. Even if the extension industry buys one specific type/texture from all over Asia, Yukos hair may not be that type. 

Half the girls on the team have extensions and most likely from China or India, so they're wearing Asian hair whether or not they realize it.

6 minutes ago, cheerbear said:

Edited by RazzleberryPie
Figuring out spoiler tags
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, cheerbear said:

Spoiler

Shelbi was cut. Her bf ranted on Charlottesteitter that they cut the wrong girls, kept girls who were drunk,sluts, etc. Search the board and you'll find screen shots. It was ugly

Mods please help if I did this wrong. 

3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:
  Hide contents

Shelbi was cut. Her bf ranted on Charlottesteitter that they cut the wrong girls, kept girls who were drunk,sluts, etc. Search the board and you'll find screen shots. It was ugly

Mods please help if I did this wrong. 

I believe it was Charlotte's Instagram and not Twitter.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Can you really lump all Asian hair into one type though? no way. Even if the extension industry buys one specific type/texture from all over Asia, Yukos hair may not be that type. 

Half the girls on the team have extensions and most likely from China or India, so they're wearing Asian hair whether or not they realize it.

I didn't mean to lump all Asian hair into one type. I was just repeating what several stylists in Dallas told me when we were discussing different types of hair, ways to cut hair etc etc. 

Seriously wish I'd never even brought it up! 

It  was just a possible explanation as to why they acted like they'd never seen hair as beautiful as Yuko's before.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

I think someone said this in another thread, buti it kinda seems like the long dark hair / light eyes combo is not one that Kelli finds attractive?  She never seemed to be a huge fan of Natalie Woods' look, nor Ashley Paige or Kelsey.  I also think Ashley just didn't have the sex appeal or sass that most DCCs have.  

I think Kelli's daughter has long dark hair and blue eyes so I doubt she has any deep issues with this combo. 

26 minutes ago, flightlevel said:

I think Kelli's daughter has long dark hair and blue eyes so I doubt she has any deep issues with this combo. 

It's the super-sharp features as well. If a woman bears a passing resemblance to Courteney Cox, Kelli has laser eyes for her.

8 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I didn't mean to lump all Asian hair into one type. I was just repeating what several stylists in Dallas told me when we were discussing different types of hair, ways to cut hair etc etc. 

Seriously wish I'd never even brought it up! 

It  was just a possible explanation as to why they acted like they'd never seen hair as beautiful as Yuko's before.

They were oohing and ahhing like she had strands of magical unicorn diamonds coming out of head. That was over the top no matter what her background. 

I am not a stylist so I have no idea how to cut anybody's hair, and I'm also not in Dallas. I don't doubt some stylists avoid hair that's hard to cut, or takes a log time, especially in places where they get their income from high turn over.

I've got hair a lot like Stephanie's - very thick, wavy/curly and coarse for white girl hair, and I've had several stylists at what I thought was reputable places 'disappear' when it was time to book. I just have bra strap length layers and nothing crazy, and it needs cut wet to get the curl and then blown out to smooth, and it takes a long time. If you're at a $15 a cut place, it's not worth their time to spend a hour and a half with me vs 15 minutes on someone who has fine, thin, straight hair that's a breeze to cut. Places that have more diverse clients and deal with a lot of curlier ethnic hair (black, coarse Italian, Puerto Rican, Indian, etc) think my hair is quick and easy. 

It's really ignorant of anyone to refuse a whole race because they aren't trained or are too lazy to want to deal with it. Especially if you're in an area where you could build a good, well paying clientele. 

Maybe Yuko hasn't ruined her good hair with chemicals and heat, and they're not used to seeing healthy virgin hair on an adult in the dance world. They went nuts over the really curly girl too. Don't remember her name.

Kelliblooks like she has really thin, fine, damaged hair. I bed Judy would've been less in awe of really nice hair.

Also - Kelli didn't seem to care for Ashley paige, or Kelsey, but they all loved Natalie wood. I don't think she dislikes a type, but hose three definitely have a rarer look than all the bottle blondes with blue contacts or the dyed deep black with brown eyes. There have been a few blondes she's really disliked too. Not just dance but personality. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Maybe Yuko hasn't ruined her good hair with chemicals and heat, and they're not used to seeing healthy virgin hair on an adult in the dance world. They went nuts over the really curly girl too. Don't remember her name.

Tess, which she's not even wearing curly anymore. Her cameo has her hair wavy. I think she looks better with the waves and not curls.

32 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Speaking of Tess, I can't believe how much she looks like Bess.  Since their names are so similar as well I imagine they both say "What?" when someone calls out one of them.

YES! totally agree on this.  And Kyndall and Chantel are practically twins as well as Jackie and Jessica Marie.  I'd be doing double takes constantly lol 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, flightlevel said:

Her daughter is brown / brown combo.  Dunno why she's so rude to the light eyes / dark hair girls.  That's such a unique and really beautiful combo!

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Also - Kelli didn't seem to care for Ashley paige, or Kelsey, but they all loved Natalie wood. I don't think she dislikes a type, but hose three definitely have a rarer look than all the bottle blondes with blue contacts or the dyed deep black with brown eyes. There have been a few blondes she's really disliked too. Not just dance but personality. 

Oh Kelli ... why you gotta be a hata?

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They were oohing and ahhing like she had strands of magical unicorn diamonds coming out of head. That was over the top no matter what her background. 

I am not a stylist so I have no idea how to cut anybody's hair, and I'm also not in Dallas. I don't doubt some stylists avoid hair that's hard to cut, or takes a log time, especially in places where they get their income from high turn over.

I've got hair a lot like Stephanie's - very thick, wavy/curly and coarse for white girl hair, and I've had several stylists at what I thought was reputable places 'disappear' when it was time to book. I just have bra strap length layers and nothing crazy, and it needs cut wet to get the curl and then blown out to smooth, and it takes a long time. If you're at a $15 a cut place, it's not worth their time to spend a hour and a half with me vs 15 minutes on someone who has fine, thin, straight hair that's a breeze to cut. Places that have more diverse clients and deal with a lot of curlier ethnic hair (black, coarse Italian, Puerto Rican, Indian, etc) think my hair is quick and easy. 

It's really ignorant of anyone to refuse a whole race because they aren't trained or are too lazy to want to deal with it. Especially if you're in an area where you could build a good, well paying clientele. 

Kelliblooks like she has really thin, fine, damaged hair. I bed Judy would've been less in awe of really nice hair.

So I just asked my hair stylist, who cuts hair in one of the largest cities in America, in the middle of the city, so she sees everything. She said: "Well personally I don't think it's hard if their hair is long...if it's a guy it's hard. It's very coarse & can do crazy things. If a girl wanted like a pixie or something I wouldn't do it. It really depends. Some Asians have soft hair. But mostly they're thick and coarse and can be difficult to work with, but beautiful." 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

YES! totally agree on this.  And Kyndall and Chantel are practically twins as well as Jackie and Jessica Marie.  I'd be doing double takes constantly lol 

Tess, which she's not even wearing curly anymore. Her cameo has her hair wavy. I think she looks better with the waves and not curls.

OK don't know why the quotes box did this, but I was responding to the Twins comment LOL. Jackie and Jessica look like they could be sisters. Seriously.

I think Kyndall has more delicate features than Chantel, but put pair that with the hair and build, especially from far back on the field = cousins absolutely, maybe sisters. Except for hair color, I think Chantel and Amy L look a lot alike, too. Same for Kelli Q and Milan - could be big sister, little sister.

I've had trouble telling Amy T and Melissa apart on first glance in headshots/talking head interviews, and Jenn K and Raylee look a lot alike in the group photo.

9 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

OK don't know why the quotes box did this, but I was responding to the Twins comment LOL. Jackie and Jessica look like they could be sisters. Seriously.

I think Kyndall has more delicate features than Chantel, but put pair that with the hair and build, especially from far back on the field = cousins absolutely, maybe sisters. Except for hair color, I think Chantel and Amy L look a lot alike, too. Same for Kelli Q and Milan - could be big sister, little sister.

I've had trouble telling Amy T and Melissa apart on first glance in headshots/talking head interviews, and Jenn K and Raylee look a lot alike in the group photo.

This is the pic in particular where I had to do a double take to figure out which one was Chantel!  And yes, Amy T and Melissa have similarities as well and I do think they get confused at times because I've seen them joke about it. 

Reminder: Episode threads are for discussing the episode. It is not to discuss Asian hair or how hard it is to style or cut Asian hair. It is okay to discuss Yuko's hair and how Kelli and the stylists were discussing her hair, but it is not okay to talk about how hair stylists handle Asian hair care. Also, if someone pushes your buttons via his or her post, please use the ignore feature. Thank you.

4 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Her daughter is brown / brown combo.  Dunno why she's so rude to the light eyes / dark hair girls.  That's such a unique and really beautiful combo!

Oh Kelli ... why you gotta be a hata?

Her daughter has blue eyes ?

• Love 4

Those three dark hair/blue eyes girls are also strugglers. Natalie was awesome and I liked Ashley and like Kelsey. However, Natalie barely made it and retired quickly, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kelsey stayed for more than maybe 2. They're all nice girls in my opinion, just not as strong dancewise as most are now. I don't remember the other two, but Kelsey looks on my screen like she has blue contacts, so if Kelli hated the looks, she could suggest some clear ones in the makeovers.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 1

I was shocked that Jackie told them in the office that she hadn't known that her performance was a problem, but now that she did, she'd work on it. I feel sure that she'd gotten comments on her dancing in the studio--she looks so off, how could she not? That level of unawareness doesn't bode well. Emily still has a similar level of cluelessness. She seriously said she wants to be one of the best on the team, and I thought, really? You think you have a chance at being better than Lacey, or Erica, or Jenna, Megan, Melissa, Holly, Robin, Jessica...?!? How can you not know that your technique is so lacking? Again, such lack of awareness suggests a limited ability to improve for either lady. I'm not a fan of either, in large part because of their dancing. But I agree Jackie's flat delivery is also a turnoff. Emily started to win me over this season--I couldn't believe she even made camp last time and did not care for her dancing or looks--but she impressed me with how much she'd improved her performance and looked more polished this year. That is, until she opened her mouth in Kelli's office. Now I'm like: Bye, Felicia. Point your feet on your way out the door. 

On the other hand, in the upcoming episodes I want to see more of Jessika, Tess, Maggie, and Khaylyn dancing and talking! 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I was shocked that Jackie told them in the office that she hadn't known that her performance was a problem, but now that she did, she'd work on it. I feel sure that she'd gotten comments on her dancing in the studio--she looks so off, how could she not? That level of unawareness doesn't bode well. Emily still has a similar level of cluelessness. She seriously said she wants to be one of the best on the team, and I thought, really? You think you have a chance at being better than Lacey, or Erica, or Jenna, Megan, Melissa, Holly, Robin, Jessica...?!? How can you not know that your technique is so lacking? Again, such lack of awareness suggests a limited ability to improve for either lady. I'm not a fan of either, in large part because of their dancing. But I agree Jackie's flat delivery is also a turnoff. Emily started to win me over this season--I couldn't believe she even made camp last time and did not care for her dancing or looks--but she impressed me with how much she'd improved her performance and looked more polished this year. That is, until she opened her mouth in Kelli's office. Now I'm like: Bye, Felicia. Point your feet on your way out the door. 

On the other hand, in the upcoming episodes I want to see more of Jessika, Tess, Maggie, and Khaylyn dancing and talking! 

I also had to raise my eyebrows when Bethany said she was dancing with rookies and didn't realize till she was in the studio all the stuff she was practicing wrong.  Wasn't she at the workshop with Melissa R-S and Erica? And I've heard from numerous sources that if at ALL possible rookies are expected to show up early for practice to work with the vets.  maybe that isn't really till after groups are picked?  I will say Bethany has THE most perfect figure, holy heck. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Those three dark hair/blue eyes girls are also strugglers. Natalie was awesome and I liked Ashley and like Kelsey. However, Natalie barely made it and retired quickly, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kelsey stayed for more than maybe 2. They're all nice girls in my opinion, just not as strong dancewise as most are now. I don't remember the other two, but Kelsey looks on my screen like she has blue contacts, so if Kelli hated the looks, she could suggest some clear ones in the makeovers.

I am  sure Kelsey does NOT wear colored contacts. Her eyes are actually that blue :-)

Edited by mcmrdh
I added a smiley face... I didn't want my comment to seem rude
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I am  sure Kelsey does NOT wear colored contacts. Her eyes are actually that blue :-)

Not rude at all, and I wanted to say 'on my screen' bc sometimes things look 'off' when they're not. I think Kelli may just be a tad colder so it doesn't look like Kelsey is a shoe-in, since she's a repeat girl. Don't give her false hope or think she can slide by, and have her really mess up.

Now she seemed almost mean to Ashley Paige. I Don't remember her being rude or cold to Natalie, but that's been 10 years ago since those were originally aired.

• Love 1

So was this training session with Melissa R and Megan the one where

Spoiler

Kyndall allegedly said she didn't want to attend/refused to attend bc she didn't want to be Melissa's project AND Megan had a strong reaction/called her out in front of everyone and got her in trouble? Factual/vs dramatic interpretation ;-)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So was this training session with Melissa R and Megan the one where

Hide contents

Kyndall allegedly said she didn't want to attend/refused to attend bc she didn't want to be Melissa's project AND Megan had a strong reaction/called her out in front of everyone and got her in trouble? Factual/vs dramatic interpretation ;-)

That was my question, I'm thinking maybe.

33 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Not rude at all, and I wanted to say 'on my screen' bc sometimes things look 'off' when they're not. I think Kelli may just be a tad colder so it doesn't look like Kelsey is a shoe-in, since she's a repeat girl. Don't give her false hope or think she can slide by, and have her really mess up.

Now she seemed almost mean to Ashley Paige. I Don't remember her being rude or cold to Natalie, but that's been 10 years ago since those were originally aired.

totally agree with you ... she was absolutely rude and very hurtful to Ashley.  I didn't think it was warranted or necessary at all.  It was like she wanted to humiliate her for the sake of simply wanting to.  no me gusta!

• Love 1

Finally have a chance to make some observations and ask some questions of you experts in here.

a)  Love love LOVE the new formatting CMT is using.  I feel as though they kind of sort of "listened" to the forums and allowed us to see some things we've asked for (Barbies; how the kicking lines are created for practice - although that may have been because of the very tall dancer; seeing more of the girls dancing and providing names).

b) Just when I thought I had the show's format all figured out they changed it.  Night #2 has traditionally been uniform fittings, kicklines, and jump splits.  I don't think I've ever seen a season where the makeovers were done so early so that EVERY rookie got one before someone was cut.  I first thought it was editing, but then realized that Whitney had a makeover and Emily's hair was darker that night, so that couldn't have been it.  Normally rookie makeovers were paired with the Belk fashion show.  Crafty, CMT!

c) Noticed that during group leader announcements, no one embraced Jen Kat.  Hmmmm.  I know she's been leader before, but normally girls get hugs from those around them.  Thought that was odd.  And I probably noticed it only because I've never been team JenK.  Danielle's face looked...bloated? But I'm happy for her.

d) Will someone please tell me:  In the pictures on the wall, there are two photos next to the Nicole B picture.  Who are they? I thought one was Katy Marie, but I'm not sure.

e) Not loving "little Heather".  She seems like a great dancer if I don't watch her face because she looks like the love child of S10's "dreamy Meagan" and S8's "robotic Amy."  

f) Emily's "I definitely am the hardest worker"..... I just winced in pain for her.  I'm not a huge fan of hers - she's gorgeous, but I just don't see her dancing meeting the DCC standards.  But saying that? In a room of girls who do work hard? Silly girl.  I'm glad Kelli rejected that plea.

g) I canNOT stand Jackie's perma-sneer.  Don't know how she managed to keep her place on the team.  Same with the other girl who talked her way back on.  Are the vets coaching the rookie TCs to stand their ground? 

h) Michelle Keys? PLEASE MORE!  I wish we could watch that entire routine uninterrupted.  I want to move to Dallas to see these performances aside from poor quality youtube videos and broken up pieces on this show.  For several years, people on this forum have commented on how stale the DCC routines are.  The show has definitely attracted a better pool of dancing talent, I think IMHO and maybe they are able to do these more complicated routines.  But that looked awesome.  Loved the ripples and waves.  She is so high energy.  More PLEASE.

i) CMT: if you are listening, you can show more dancing while having Melissa RS, Kelli, or Judy give commentaries in voice overs.  I hate that the camera kept cutting away to MRS and the rookies while the vets danced.  More dancing, less talking <3

j) Not impressed by makeovers.  Colors were great but the style all look the same.  Hair parted in the middle and then ....?soft waves? I don't know how Jax's hair from last season looked any worse than any of the girls' post-makeovers during rehearsal.  And Allie (sp?)??? Erica was crucified for her hair pre-makeover.  Allie's was HORRIBLE -- and aside from the color, I didn't see much improvement.  I am probably in the minority, but I miss Rainer (sp).

k) after you eagle-eyed watchers noticed the lists in Kelli's office, I did go back to pause.  So many rookies in the top 10!  Wow.  And very odd placement of some of the vets - don't know how some got to be higher than others, but we did only see small snippets of a fraction of the full audition process.

l)  How was Auto Amy NOT called in the office?  OMG.  It's only been 2 weeks - you weren't "prepared" for them calling for that dance?  What happens when there are 50?!?

m) As for Kelsey: I've been hoping for her because of the edit she got with CMT for the past 2 years.  The 50-yards I think was a brain burp (because she can see the big 50 in her head) and the general manager question may have thrown her because it wasn't a "owner" question.  Still, CMT and the judges have played her up as pretty and dumb. I think that is what Kelli meant by saying she was "humiliated" last week (without completely breaking the 4th wall) BUT Kelli does not seem to be a big fan.  Last year I remember her saying she was an ambassador risk.  Last week's office visit was harsh - but I thought maybe Kelli was doing it to see how Kelsey handled herself (like another test).  But she was really harsh at the hair salon too, so I don't know.

So much to say; thanks for letting me rant.  And if anyone can please tell me who is in those photos, THANK YOU!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Is Kelli ever going to tell Jackie she only made TC because of the fan vote? She told the other FV winners previously.

I was wondering the same thing myself. Jackie does not have a "light up the room" personality and not in an Emily ("apologizes for being in the room") way. She just seems to have a low key, dry personality and that's not something you can change. I know because I'm like that a good bit of the time. That's an intrinsic thing that can't be easily changed.

Marshall and the makeovers. He was sweet with the girls. But I kept staring at that darned "eye in the sky" necklace he was wearing. I almost miss the old Rainer/Kelly glare fests! At least nobody had to lay on the floor this year to get her hair color figured out, ha ha.

Does anybody else remember Michelle Keys being featured on the vet photo shoot on an old episode? She was doing crunches on the beach right before her shoot so her abs would look great. I always thought she was a smart cookie and it's clear she's been able to translate that into a good career. I like her style.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I was wondering the same thing myself. Jackie does not have a "light up the room" personality and not in an Emily ("apologizes for being in the room") way. She just seems to have a low key, dry personality and that's not something you can change. I know because I'm like that a good bit of the time. That's an intrinsic thing that can't be easily changed.

Marshall and the makeovers. He was sweet with the girls. But I kept staring at that darned "eye in the sky" necklace he was wearing. I almost miss the old Rainer/Kelly glare fests! At least nobody had to lay on the floor this year to get her hair color figured out, ha ha.

Does anybody else remember Michelle Keys being featured on the vet photo shoot on an old episode? She was doing crunches on the beach right before her shoot so her abs would look great. I always thought she was a smart cookie and it's clear she's been able to translate that into a good career. I like her style.

I adored Rainer and the dynamic between him and Kelli. Marshall does seem like a cool dude though.

I remember Michelle at the calendar shoot and I always liked that scene. She was very under the radar when she was a DCC, but a lot of the reason for that was probably because she was a great dancer and one of the "shoo-in" girls. I always wish that we could see more of those girls, but not enough drama I guess.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, English Teacher said:

Finally have a chance to make some observations and ask some questions of you experts in here.

a)  Love love LOVE the new formatting CMT is using.  I feel as though they kind of sort of "listened" to the forums and allowed us to see some things we've asked for (Barbies; how the kicking lines are created for practice - although that may have been because of the very tall dancer; seeing more of the girls dancing and providing names).

b) Just when I thought I had the show's format all figured out they changed it.  Night #2 has traditionally been uniform fittings, kicklines, and jump splits.  I don't think I've ever seen a season where the makeovers were done so early so that EVERY rookie got one before someone was cut.  I first thought it was editing, but then realized that Whitney had a makeover and Emily's hair was darker that night, so that couldn't have been it.  Normally rookie makeovers were paired with the Belk fashion show.  Crafty, CMT!

c) Noticed that during group leader announcements, no one embraced Jen Kat.  Hmmmm.  I know she's been leader before, but normally girls get hugs from those around them.  Thought that was odd.  And I probably noticed it only because I've never been team JenK.  Danielle's face looked...bloated? But I'm happy for her.

d) Will someone please tell me:  In the pictures on the wall, there are two photos next to the Nicole B picture.  Who are they? I thought one was Katy Marie, but I'm not sure.

e) Not loving "little Heather".  She seems like a great dancer if I don't watch her face because she looks like the love child of S10's "dreamy Meagan" and S8's "robotic Amy."  

f) Emily's "I definitely am the hardest worker"..... I just winced in pain for her.  I'm not a huge fan of hers - she's gorgeous, but I just don't see her dancing meeting the DCC standards.  But saying that? In a room of girls who do work hard? Silly girl.  I'm glad Kelli rejected that plea.

g) I canNOT stand Jackie's perma-sneer.  Don't know how she managed to keep her place on the team.  Same with the other girl who talked her way back on.  Are the vets coaching the rookie TCs to stand their ground? 

h) Michelle Keys? PLEASE MORE!  I wish we could watch that entire routine uninterrupted.  I want to move to Dallas to see these performances aside from poor quality youtube videos and broken up pieces on this show.  For several years, people on this forum have commented on how stale the DCC routines are.  The show has definitely attracted a better pool of dancing talent, I think IMHO and maybe they are able to do these more complicated routines.  But that looked awesome.  Loved the ripples and waves.  She is so high energy.  More PLEASE.

i) CMT: if you are listening, you can show more dancing while having Melissa RS, Kelli, or Judy give commentaries in voice overs.  I hate that the camera kept cutting away to MRS and the rookies while the vets danced.  More dancing, less talking <3

j) Not impressed by makeovers.  Colors were great but the style all look the same.  Hair parted in the middle and then ....?soft waves? I don't know how Jax's hair from last season looked any worse than any of the girls' post-makeovers during rehearsal.  And Allie (sp?)??? Erica was crucified for her hair pre-makeover.  Allie's was HORRIBLE -- and aside from the color, I didn't see much improvement.  I am probably in the minority, but I miss Rainer (sp).

k) after you eagle-eyed watchers noticed the lists in Kelli's office, I did go back to pause.  So many rookies in the top 10!  Wow.  And very odd placement of some of the vets - don't know how some got to be higher than others, but we did only see small snippets of a fraction of the full audition process.

l)  How was Auto Amy NOT called in the office?  OMG.  It's only been 2 weeks - you weren't "prepared" for them calling for that dance?  What happens when there are 50?!?

m) As for Kelsey: I've been hoping for her because of the edit she got with CMT for the past 2 years.  The 50-yards I think was a brain burp (because she can see the big 50 in her head) and the general manager question may have thrown her because it wasn't a "owner" question.  Still, CMT and the judges have played her up as pretty and dumb. I think that is what Kelli meant by saying she was "humiliated" last week (without completely breaking the 4th wall) BUT Kelli does not seem to be a big fan.  Last year I remember her saying she was an ambassador risk.  Last week's office visit was harsh - but I thought maybe Kelli was doing it to see how Kelsey handled herself (like another test).  But she was really harsh at the hair salon too, so I don't know.

So much to say; thanks for letting me rant.  And if anyone can please tell me who is in those photos, THANK YOU!

what did kelli say to Emily?

21 hours ago, English Teacher said:

YES!!!!  I am going to rant so be prepared:

Rainer loved bangs.  Some of the girls didn’t look great (the bangs were too severe) but some looked spectacular with long soft bangs.  Allie and Milan could both use bangs and some teasing/volume.  They are both gorgeous.  How did the beauticians at the salon not see this?  For the past seasons, all the DCC chosen salons do now is give the girls a trim and fix their color.

Last season, the training camp candidate that had all those uncomfortable looking poses in the cameo shoot, had super long hair (this was after the makeovers).  She is tiny and another one who could have used bangs.  She needed a serious haircut.  I remember watching and thinking, did she miss makeover day?

Lastly, Melissa needs another makeover.  Her hair is too blonde and her eyebrows too dark. I posted a picture of her at prelims her rookie year on another thread (or this thread - can’t remember).  She had ash blonde hair, her brows matched her hair color, more or less, and she had a good spray tan.  She needs to go back to this look (she was gorgeous).  Her calendar photos are so harsh specifically because of the eyebrows.  

Ironically, if you look at the DCC cameo shots this season, all the blondes have dark roots.

• Love 1

I know this has been discussed before (the list on Kelli's desk) in this thread, but I really wasn't sure what y'all were talking about. However, now I know because I am rewatching this episode to get ready for tomorrow (yay.)  What was that list? I paused it but I couldn't really tell what it was.  Will someone please fill me in on this? ?

46 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I know this has been discussed before (the list on Kelli's desk) in this thread, but I really wasn't sure what y'all were talking about. However, now I know because I am rewatching this episode to get ready for tomorrow (yay.)  What was that list? I paused it but I couldn't really tell what it was.  Will someone please fill me in on this? ?

It seems to be the list of how the girls ranked in final audition scores

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PBSLover said:

YES!!!!  I am going to rant so be prepared:

Rainer loved bangs.  Some of the girls didn’t look great (the bangs were too severe) but some looked spectacular with long soft bangs.  Allie and Milan could both use bangs and some teasing/volume.  They are both gorgeous.  How did the beauticians at the salon not see this?  For the past seasons, all the DCC chosen salons do now is give the girls a trim and fix their color.

Last season, the training camp candidate that had all those uncomfortable looking poses in the cameo shoot, had super long hair (this was after the makeovers).  She is tiny and another one who could have used bangs.  She needed a serious haircut.  I remember watching and thinking, did she miss makeover day?

Lastly, Melissa needs another makeover.  Her hair is too blonde and her eyebrows too dark. I posted a picture of her at prelims her rookie year on another thread (or this thread - can’t remember).  She had ash blonde hair, her brows matched her hair color, more or less, and she had a good spray tan.  She needs to go back to this look (she was gorgeous).  Her calendar photos are so harsh specifically because of the eyebrows.  

Ironically, if you look at the DCC cameo shots this season, all the blondes have dark roots.

I totally agree about the blondes with the roots! What's the point of turning someone blonde if you're going to show how unnatural it is from the get go. I bleach my hair. I hate hate hate even 1/2 inch of roots.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I think Shelly said it was the order of their interviews. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

This. I don't think it had to do with scores at all.

Yeah...plus Kelli knows about this board and we know she has a sense of humor.  It would not EVER surprise me if sometimes she throws little things in to confuse the super sleuth fans like us LOL Where we are all freezing our screens going WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!! and she is laughing because she randomly listed girls on a sheet of paper. I'm NOT saying she does this I'm just saying I take it with a grain of salt what she allows to be shown on screen because she wasn't born yesterday :) 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah...plus Kelli knows about this board and we know she has a sense of humor.  It would not EVER surprise me if sometimes she throws little things in to confuse the super sleuth fans like us LOL Where we are all freezing our screens going WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!! and she is laughing because she randomly listed girls on a sheet of paper. I'm NOT saying she does this I'm just saying I take it with a grain of salt what she allows to be shown on screen because she wasn't born yesterday :) 

On another thread, Shelly, put what the 3 numbers mean.  One was the number they wore for the final audition and I can't remember the other ones.

On September 16, 2016 at 5:38 PM, dalgal214 said:

Also, cerstan is from the suburbs. "True dallasites" would roll their eyes when they found out she was from flower mound or Coppell or wherever. If you say you're from the Dallas area, fine. But Dallas no.

I'm confused by this statement?? I don't know if you mean it for real or sarcastically.  Living in Dallas proper is acceptable and forgiveable for young single hipsters-and sure, most DCC fit that- but not many other people in "the Dallas area" would claim to live in Dallas, or want anyone to think they do! 

On 9/21/2016 at 10:09 PM, Oklahomama said:

I totally agree about the blondes with the roots! What's the point of turning someone blonde if you're going to show how unnatural it is from the get go. I bleach my hair. I hate hate hate even 1/2 inch of roots.

The rooty thing is in the in style right now. It's like an ombre but with a shade darker than your natural root. I'm pretty sure it's called a shadow root, I follow a hair stylist for god knows what reason on youtube.