Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Makaukau ‘oe e Pa’ani? / Ready to Play

• Start Topic

When the bodies of two serial killers are found on Five-0 property with chess pieces in their mouths, McGarrett and the team hunt for a vigilante as fear grows that tourists aren’t safe in Hawaii, on the seventh season premiere of HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Sept. 23 (9:00-10:00, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Rosalind Chao guest stars as Governor Keiko Mahoe.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/hawaii-five-0/releases/view?id=45953

Love the addition of Rosalind Chao as the new governor!  Hopefully she sticks around for a while, isn't corrupt, and has a significant role.  I knew they wouldn't be fired, but I'm disheartened to see that San Francisco Police Lady and Jerry Garcia are still part of the cast.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

Why would there be a fear for the safety of tourists if a vigilante is killing serial killers?  Wouldn't that make the island safer?

Yeah, that part made no sense to me.  If tourists were randomly targeted, then I could understand a fear for the safety of tourists.  But if a vigilante is targeting and killing serial killers who prey on tourists, you would think that is a good thing, all things considered.  Given all the liberties that 5-O has taken over the years, it seems more plausible that they'd find this vigilante and give him a badge.  Much to the chagrin of Jerry Garcia.

I've been wondering if the Gabriella Wo Fat crime boss lady is going to be a main villain this year.  Wo Fat is dead.  Gabriel Wainwright is dead.  Somebody has to be the big bad for the season.

I know many thought last season was going to be the last season.  Not sure what the thinking is this year.  But if the show runners get any inkling that this is it, it'd be nice to see Catherine and Doris one more time each so we and Steve can get some closure.

I haven't followed any media news about this show over the summer.  I'm assuming Scott Cahn's situation with his wife and daughter is the same. (Forgive me, I don't know her name.  I know Alex O'Loughlan's son is named Lion, so I'm going to call her Gazelle.  Like the Zootopia character!).  I can understand wanting to spend more time with Gazelle and his wife.  But it'd be nice for the episodes he's in for Danny to look like he actually wants to be there.  Also, no need for the ridiculous explanations ("Danny's a chaperone at cheerleading camp") this year.  Just don't mention him.  They never feel the need to explain why we don't see Max every episode, even though he's billed as a regular.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, blackwing said:

Yeah, that part made no sense to me.  If tourists were randomly targeted, then I could understand a fear for the safety of tourists.  But if a vigilante is targeting and killing serial killers who prey on tourists, you would think that is a good thing, all things considered.  Given all the liberties that 5-O has taken over the years, it seems more plausible that they'd find this vigilante and give him a badge.  Much to the chagrin of Jerry Garcia.

I've been wondering if the Gabriella Wo Fat crime boss lady is going to be a main villain this year.  Wo Fat is dead.  Gabriel Wainwright is dead.  Somebody has to be the big bad for the season.

I know many thought last season was going to be the last season.  Not sure what the thinking is this year.  But if the show runners get any inkling that this is it, it'd be nice to see Catherine and Doris one more time each so we and Steve can get some closure.

I haven't followed any media news about this show over the summer.  I'm assuming Scott Cahn's situation with his wife and daughter is the same. (Forgive me, I don't know her name.  I know Alex O'Loughlan's son is named Lion, so I'm going to call her Gazelle.  Like the Zootopia character!).  I can understand wanting to spend more time with Gazelle and his wife.  But it'd be nice for the episodes he's in for Danny to look like he actually wants to be there.  Also, no need for the ridiculous explanations ("Danny's a chaperone at cheerleading camp") this year.  Just don't mention him.  They never feel the need to explain why we don't see Max every episode, even though he's billed as a regular.

Peter Lenkov says the Michelle Shioma character (your Gabriella Wo Fat) is still in the wind--she disappeared in the ep where Gabriel died. The new big bad is someone else.

So far, nobody knows if this is the last season or not. But you'll get your wish to see Catherine & Doris (& Steve's new girlfriend, Lynn Downey, played by Sarah Carter) again. They're in Ep 707, which is also the 150th ep of this version of the series.

Yes, Scott Caan's "I get to miss 5 episodes Alex is in" situation is apparently the same this season. He was actually working, or something, in New York last week or the week before when the rest of the cast was filming the 150th episode--so Scott/Danny won't be in that milestone ep. Peter Lenkov referred to it on his social media accounts as "a scheduling conflict that couldn't be worked out".

Scott & his baby's mother aren't married though; she's just his partner, not his wife. Her name's Kacy Byxbee. Their daughter is named Josie... Josie James (presumably for Scott's dad) Caan; she's 2 years & 2 months old.

Alex O'Loughlin actually has 2 sons & 1 stepson. His sons are Saxon, from an early relationship in Australia & Lion, his son you mentioned, with his wife Malia. He's also stepfather to Malia's son from a previous marriage, Spike.

I missed the first minute so when I came in, and saw...that... I was just like, that is not a real person. That cannot be a real person. I couldnt figure out what was happening. Was that a dream? Was it supposed to be his father? I couldn't get passed that. 

One thing I found strange was how little they showed - we didn't hear what Chin and Kono heard while listening to the murder, we didn't see the basement when Steve went down there. But they did have a 15 min long foot chase. That they could show us.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

I missed the first minute so when I came in, and saw...that... I was just like, that is not a real person. That cannot be a real person. I couldnt figure out what was happening. Was that a dream? Was it supposed to be his father? I couldn't get passed that. 

I don't know how it fits into this McGarrett, but the CGI is a representation of the original...right down to the flop of hair.

I was too young then to really watch (but even at 6 I realized how hot James MacArthur was), but my parents did 

I don't watch it now.  I just happened to be walking by when hubby was watching, and oh holy hell did it geab my attention - and not in a good way.

Oh, and that inage/dream seemed like a wuss compared to my young memories of Jack Lord. 

Edited by roamyn

I haven't watched this show in a couple of years, but tuned in, ironically, because I am doing a lot of laying around after liver surgery. So I guess Steve doesn't need emergency surgery since he obviously ruptured stitches. Maybe it was just the outer layer of stitches.

Anyway, towards the end of the — was it 45 minutes? — foot chase scene, I said to my TV, "Why don't they just shoot him?"  Actually, that was probably the 3rd time I either said or thought it. But then I said to myself, "Oh, right, they're not in Chicago," (or any of the other notorious cities on the mainland).

Edited by shapeshifter
typo
  • Love 4

Anyway, towards the end of the — was it 45 minutes? — foot chase scene, I said to my TV, "Why don't they just shoot him?"

Hey the show paid for parkur (SP?) they were gonna use it.

The CGI Lord thing should have been a dream or something - it was too out of the blue and unrelated.

Crap, Scott. So they want to pay you a lot of dough to live in Paradise a few months out of the year? We should all have such problems.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, DrScottie said:

At first glance I thought it was Zombie Elvis and then realized it was supposed to be Jack Lord. Yeah, what was that about?

I knew it was Jack Lord when I saw the hair. It was totally random & downright creepy. I guess he will be a running theme this season? I can hardly wait to see Jack Lord on the top balcony of the Ilikai Hotel. Won't that be fun?!?!?

• Love 1

The original 5-0 is before my time so I didn't get the reference but I knew it was a reference. I did find the image a little strange but I don't watch this show for the CGI, which is terrible (remember Iron Man last season?). Anyhow, cool reference, A for effort even if the technical aspect fell short.

The parkour was funny when McGarrett was chasing the guy down the street and they're playing Frogger... while the sidewalk is desolate. Also interesting to note that 5-0 did not gun the suspect down (I was among those wondering why they didn't at least try to shoot at him) even though the governor was telling them to do whatever they had to.

Why is it that one can bring a dead body right into the 5-0 command center? Last season a panicked teenager was stopped by a desk sergeant but I guess that guy only works on Tuesdays or something. And I guess McGarrett enjoys the tension of sweeping and clearing his own house because anyone can break into there too.

The new governor's name is Keiko for a shameless Star Trek reference. Mad props to the showrunners if they can get Colm Meany to put in an appearance as her long-suffering husband. Why does her commercial/infomercial play on a loop in hotels? I could see it being a welcome to Hawaii thing but I thought it was going to be related to the case.

• Love 2

I just love cop shows like this where they pull their guns, but never fire them and let the perp get away. Oh, right. If they just shot the SOB, Indiana Jones-style, what would they do for the rest of the hour?

It sounds like they forgot to dub the sound of the recording Chin and Kono were supposedly listening to. Or my hearing is really bad.

How do perps on TV get in and out of cops' houses and cars without leaving a trace, let alone stash a body in one in a public park?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

The CGI was creepy.

That was the longest chase ever and they didn't even catch him! He slipped up.

i mustve missed the part where McGarrett and the guy he was pursuing injected themselves with some kind of experimental super-serum before the chase started lol

and wtf w/ the (CGI) Jack Lord..looked like it was taken from a cutscene for a potential Hawaii Five-O video game..

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

And Steve learns he can't quite do super SEAL shit anymore without consequences.

Who knew there were so many serial killers just on Oahu?

And there's the Governor bitching about tourism! If the islands of Hawaii were as violent and dangerous as this show portrays them to be there wouldn't be any tourism of any kind other than old enemies coming for revenge missions, victims who got caught up in something terrible they didn't know about and CIA/NSA/OGA (other gov't agency) people who will fall into one or the other category. How long ago was it that someone was trying to nuke Honolulu? That didn't put a damper on tourism but beware of serial killers!

• Love 3

I don't know how it fits into this McGarrett, but the CGI is a representation of the original...right down to the flop of hair.

When I saw that, I thought 'hey, isn't Jack Lord dead?'  I guess I'm slow on the uptake, because I thought it was an actor that was wearing bad make-up to look like original flavor McGarrett.  (I even wondered if Jack Lord had a son that they had changed up to look more like him.)

I was too young then to really watch (but even at 6 I realized how hot James MacArthur was), but my parents did 

I was pretty young when the original show was on, but I watched it for MacArthur, not Lord.

I'm always amazed at the stamina of everyone on this show, but this chase seemed really over the top.  I thought that maybe they would find out that the guy was on drugs that temporarily enhanced his physical abilities, or something.  I know that the cops were doing a pretty good job of following him, but they were slower and clumsier, while he made it look more natural and almost super-human.  Anyway, watching them land after those jumps made my ankles and knees hurt.

• Love 3

Digital Jack Lord looked kind of scary to me & whoever did the voice wasn't even close.  I found the scenes showing those tortured, murdered tourists too gruesome & I didn't like learning the mastermind behind these murders is still on the loose.....probably next targeting 5-0 team member's innocent family & friends (spouses, parents, siblings & children).....If this s/l continues throughout the season I won't be watching.

• Love 1

In those early shots, from a distance, I, too, thought "Jack Lord" was some type of Elvis impersonator, or a ghost, or a zombie, or an actual corpse, even. That said, the close-ups were a little better, though he did look like a video game character. That was really random and pointless, but I didn't mind it.

Dare I say, this episode was not terrible? Even the chase was kinda fun. And there was no torture that I recall (by the H50 team, I mean, to get information), so that's always a win in my book. The camera work was jarring at times (too many POV shots and, I may be wrong, and I certainly refuse to rewatch and check, but was that slow motion near the end? Why?) but the chase made up for it. Especially the scenes with the cars. That's the type of crazy shit you don't see in most procedurals, so I liked it. And Rosalind Chao looked amazing! I hope she is given something to do.

Oh, and I did love it when the new ME(?) was like "there are obvious signs of asphyxiation," when there was a literal plastic bag wrapped around the dead guy's head. Like, yeah, we know.

• Love 1

@LizDC posted a link to an article from Entertainment Weekly here: http://forums.previously.tv/topic/47716-s07e01-makaukau-‘oe-e-pa’ani-ready-to-play/?do=findComment&comment=2594543

which is upthread in this thread & explains what the purpose of McG talking to the CGI Jack Lord in the hospital chapel was supposed to have been. It also explains the process they went through to create the CGI. Maybe you should read it if you haven't yet.

• Love 1

I just wonder did TPTB think CGI Jack Lord looked good? Were they going for the dead look? It looked like him but it didn't? Was he supposed to be creepy & dead McG? Is how he looked how Steve saw him or envisioned him? Overall, it was weird and not well done. IMO!!

CGI vision/whatever was creepy and of course it had to take place in a chapel full of Catholic devotionalia once again proving tv tropes right.

Once parkour guy had managed to kill himself everybody was just 'Let's go and have a beer' although his connection to the other cases was not even remotely investigated. If he had been the apex serial killer why would you use something that can be traced back to him? It looked more like he had been another creep who probably should have been on apex serial killers hit-list. And yeah, Hawaii sure has got a lot of them (and a blissfully unaware police force).

Still, I enjoyed the parkour chase although it lasted way too long. Setting that up must have been some serious work and kudos to Jesse La Flair, that was impressive.

Also: that's not where Venice is, not even on a crude pancake Italian boot. That raisin was located at the gulf of Genoa/Ligurian Sea - Venice is on the other side at the gulf of Venice/Adriatic Sea.

• Love 2

I've been watching this show on and off for years, but I usually try to tune in to the premieres and finales, just to catch up on things and see if this time I'll stick around. For me, this show is good because I can watch random episodes and be invested, but I also don't feel the need to watch every single week. Eventually I'll watch all the episodes of the series! One day!

Anyway, I was not alive for the original 5-0 series, so I definitely am not familiar with Jack Lord, though I did look him up. That being said, as much as I appreciate them trying this CGI version for some sort of homage, I think they missed the mark. I thought the CGI Lord looked like CGI...or a botoxed zombie version of Elvis. It just looked and felt unnatural. They attempted, but I don't think it worked. I'm ok with this being a one time thing, but I'm hoping they don't try again for the series finale, whenever that may be. It just looked bad for a television show. 

I've seen a lot of ridiculous chase scenes on this show, and most of them I have loved equally, but this one took the cake. The case scene felt like it took half the episode, even though I'm pretty sure it was just ten minutes or so. It just never ended and everyone got into it. Is this the longest chase scene of the series? I mean, they got to take a commercial break as he ran through the hotel when chase scene part 2 started up after! I bet the stunt coordinator and the entire department had their fun this episode. Them and the director certainly had their work cut out for them! 

I did enjoy that new governor just accepted and encouraged 5-0's way of getting the job done.

Of course the moment Steve gives in to Danny's request to take it easy, something happens. Also, of course nobody even tries to stop Steve from going out on the field, besides Danny. I guess they've all accepted that Steve will never truly take it easy and won't listen to anyone. 

I really don't get why I haven't watched the entire series before, but maybe I'll start now!  

Pretty sure I heard the word "torture" mentioned once those dead tourist's bodies started being discovered, either from team members, someone else at one of the crime scenes or the tv reporter, during her story.  Alfred Hitchcock used to say he could frighten movie goers, using the power of suggestion, camera angles & other film-making tricks to make an audience believe horrible, evil things were taking place, without actually showing those actions.  After settling down for a relaxing evening of Friday night tv, I wasn't expecting this episode to be so gory.  Did enjoy that chase scene though......brought to mind similiar streets of Hawaii chase scenes from Magnum PI.

Coming soon, reanimated CGI Jack Lord guest stars on The Walking Dead.

Pretty much 99% of this entire episode was ridiculous (because seriously, he would have been shot so many times),  I also have to mention the Governor being being let into the site of a gruesome murder, while it's still being processed and corpses are lying there.

• Love 1

I watched that scene in the hospital and immediately thought it was jack lord. Then, just as quickly I thought, 'wait, isn't jack lord dead? That can't be him.' Then I started second guessing myself and was about to look up if he's really dead when I realized even if he's alive, he'd be about 90 or so now, and that man was nowhere near 90 years old! It didn't occur to me that it was CGI and yeah it was creepy but kudos to them for the thought at least.

as for the rest of the episode, it was okay. I've grown weary of Danny and Steve's carguments over the years, and their childish behavior grates on my nerves. But this episode bugged me less than most, so that's a good thing. Also glad that Abby is not an H5-0 member but rather that she's joined HPD. 

• Love 1

The wheelchair race was fun. It was nice to see them acting like friends, at least until they started knocking people down.

Danny, if Steve is taking his meds like he is supposed to, then don't start up about him not taking care of that liver you donated. Save it for when he jumps off a building or something.

22 hours ago, BooksRule said:

I guess I'm slow on the uptake, because I thought it was an actor that was wearing bad make-up to look like original flavor McGarrett.

That's what I thought too, and so I could be more forgiving about how bad a match it was. But for CGI it was pathetic. The hair was right, but nothing else was even close. I'm sure Jack Lord would not be pleased with that. He was a notoriously vain man (rumor has it he had Al Harrington fired because he didn't want one of McGarrett's subordinates to be taller than he was), so he's probably in the afterlife right now plotzing over being portrayed to look like a white-jumpsuit-years-Elvis impersonator.

• Love 1
On 9/24/2016 at 10:52 AM, BooksRule said:

I guess I'm slow on the uptake, because I thought it was an actor that was wearing bad make-up to look like original flavor McGarrett. 

Me too.  I didn't know it was CGI until I came here.  I think one of the major problems was that it was "based on images of Jack Lord from the final season of the original series."  Lord was 60 during the4 final season -- it would have been much better to use an earlier version, like this one:
hqdefault.jpg

They wouldn't have been able to make him the "world-weary mentor" but at least we would have known what they were doing!

Other than that, I'm glad this show hasn't lost its taste for loopy and silly plots!

Count me in on hating the CGI Jack Lord. I did watch the show when I was a kid, and though the work was all kinds of creepy. Plus, since they have him say that he's been married 45 years - seemed like he needed to be aged up just a bit. For me, it was the lips. It was like watching a SIMs or something like that.

I do not love chase scenes, but I enjoyed the first one. Not because of the plot, but I was impressed with the athleticism of the stunt performer (I have no idea if the actor did the stunts). It was like watching a sports event - the actual story line went right out of my head and I was just admiring the grace of it all.

• Love 1

For the most part, I really enjoyed this episode.  I enjoyed the plot and I liked that it focused on a single storyline instead of having a B storyine featuring someone like Jerry or Kamekona that always falls flat.  I greatly enjoyed the chase scene and I especially liked how each of the team members pitched in and would contribute and take over.  Those stunts were amazing, especially the one where the guy ran on the side of a building to push off and make the leap.  I was pleasantly surprised at the unexpected ending.  I thought for sure he would make that leap and I was shocked when he didn't.  Then I realised another angle to the chase was that Steve is feeling vulnerable after the liver surgery.  He's no longer the invincible machine he once was.  He fell hard on one of the leaps, and we are supposed to believe the Old Steve would have taken that last leap right after the perp without hesitation, but it was only Danny telling him not to do it that made him hesitate.

I'm looking forward to seeing the continuation of this storyline with the Chess Piece Serial Killer.  I like that it's a multi-episode arc.

On 9/24/2016 at 7:54 PM, Sake614 said:

as for the rest of the episode, it was okay. I've grown weary of Danny and Steve's carguments over the years, and their childish behavior grates on my nerves. But this episode bugged me less than most, so that's a good thing. Also glad that Abby is not an H5-0 member but rather that she's joined HPD. 

I loathe the carguments.  I know that viewers are supposed to find it "cute" that these two bicker like an old married couple (to the point where they even went to a Couples Therapy retreat for lovers)... but I'm not one of them.  I think they were funny the first season or so, but now it's just so irritating.  I'm sure they will continue, complete with Scott Cann's wildly gesticulating hands and stupid hair.  The show quickly phased out "Book Em Danno" which they had been saying fairly often in the first season or so, and they even phased out calling him "Danno" except for his daughter, so it shows that they could decide that a joke has been played out and end it if they wanted to.

Agreed regarding San Francisco Police Lady.  And yes, true believers, she will continue to get this nickname from me.  I don't care what her real name is, what the actress' name is, the fact that she is no longer in San Francisco, what colour hair dye she uses, how many episodes she appeared in last season and what number episode they were and how many minutes of screentime she had.  I appreciated the fact that she is in Chin's life, and they show us she is around, but she isn't the focus of any drama or storyline.  She's the perfect tertiary character, reminding us that Chin has a private life outside of 5-O but the show doesn't seem to cram her down our throats so much.  At least not yet.  It's nice to be reminded that she is there in the background and still around, unlike Danny's mostly absent girlfriend and Steve's mostly absent Deserted Island Lady.

Another good part of the episode in my book... a very judicious minimal use of Jerry Garcia.  The episodes which focus on Jerry Garcia and his attempts to uncover the conspiracy and carping about not having a badge are the absolute pits to me.

On 9/24/2016 at 4:36 PM, BW Manilowe said:

@LizDC posted a link to an article from Entertainment Weekly here: http://forums.previously.tv/topic/47716-s07e01-makaukau-‘oe-e-pa’ani-ready-to-play/?do=findComment&comment=2594543

which is upthread in this thread & explains what the purpose of McG talking to the CGI Jack Lord in the hospital chapel was supposed to have been. It also explains the process they went through to create the CGI. Maybe you should read it if you haven't yet.

I did read it, but it still doesn't explain to me why they used it.  Lenkov says he wanted it for the final scene of the series, but the series isn't ending, so he wanted to use it when he could.  I suppose Steve could have met any old wise man in the chapel and reflected on his life.  But on the whole, the scene seemed extremely out of place.  Like Lenkov had a contest for a fangirl to write a scene for the show, and the winner wanted a scene where Steve somehow meets Jack Lord.  So they shoved it in here.

The article also doesn't explain why it was done so poorly.  The CGI was abysmal.  I agree with all the comments here and in the article.  He looked like a living cadaver, or as a comment in the article put it, a Disney Audio-Animatronic figure.  One thing the article did clear up for me was that they hired a voice actor to recreate Lord's voice.  The voice actor was so bad, I actually thought that the show went back to old original receipe H-O episodes and spliced together audio of Lord's voice.  I feel bad for Jack Lord's family.  I know they agreed to let it be done, but I'm sure they didn't expect it to be done so poorly.

• Love 3

It was actually the "voice" of Jack Lord's that I heard and figured out who was talking to Steve, then I frantically grabbed my phone to google if Jack Lord was still alive, then I saw the CGI - yeah not so much! (hubby was killing himself laughing at me)

I absolutely hate Danny. When he starts his yapping I usually end up yelling at the TV "shut up you harpy b*tch!" (hubby always kills himself laughing when I do this) - poor hubby lol

• Love 1
On 9/24/2016 at 2:29 AM, TDT said:

i mustve missed the part where McGarrett and the guy he was pursuing injected themselves with some kind of experimental super-serum before the chase started lol

and wtf w/ the (CGI) Jack Lord..looked like it was taken from a cutscene for a potential Hawaii Five-O video game..

Yes! THIS! Exactly!

• Love 1

I enjoyed the big chase, but I had the same thought about both McGarrett and the serial killer having taken some sort of drugs to make them able to leap tall buildings. But overall, I was entertained by it.

The Jack Lord "cameo" was less successful. It reminded me of the animated remake of A Christmas Carol from a few years back, where all the faces creeped me out.

Chin was adorable with his niece. And Rosalind Chao looks great!

On 9/24/2016 at 7:54 PM, Sake614 said:

I watched that scene in the hospital and immediately thought it was jack lord. Then, just as quickly I thought, 'wait, isn't jack lord dead? That can't be him.' Then I started second guessing myself and was about to look up if he's really dead when I realized even if he's alive, he'd be about 90 or so now, and that man was nowhere near 90 years old! It didn't occur to me that it was CGI and yeah it was creepy but kudos to them for the thought at least.

I did a double take too!!!  Like you I came to my senses and realized that even if  Jack Lord was alive he'd be close to a 100!  Too funny.

Afterwards I read up on it to see what was going on.  They had a picture of the CGI McGarrett.  In a still photo, there is only a slight resemblance.  The hair is what really makes it look like the original McGarrett.  The producers said they'd been wanting to do something like this (bring back the original McGarrett) for quite a while.  I think it was pretty cool, especially for us boomers who remember watching and loving the original show so long ago.

• Love 1

I also really liked the chase scene.  The bad guy was like Spiderman!  SuperSteve hung in there though.  It was kind of nasty seeing that surgical scar come apart when he was being patched up.

If they bring Catherine back, I hope she stays this time.  I'm tired of her breaking Steve's heart.  Either that or give him a permanent girlfriend.  Or better yet, lets forget girlfriends for him, Danny, and Chin.  Danny's first love is married, they have an affair and now he has a son with her while she's still married to another guy.  Chin's wife was killed.  Kono is married and her husbands winds us in prison until they need to interject him into a story.  Just like the Cartwright boys, girlfriends and wives only last for an episode two.  Why even do it in the first place?  Yeah, the black guy is married and has a family, but he's not really part of the original team, plus I think they only made him a regular because of Scott Caan being in and out so much.

• Love 1

I enjoyed the Church scene even after I could see through the CGI. I thought it was pretty well done for a mid-budget TV Show, and I liked the sentiment.

I completely missed how all of the killers tied together though. The very abrupt, "well that's that" after the chase caught me off guard. Wait isn't there more to uncover here?

Well, I suppose there is... in the McGarrett home!

Edited by Traveller519

That chase was ridiculous. Since when doesn't 5-0 shoot first? Seriously, why didn't any of them yell, 'stop that guy!' Some dude is booking down the street pushing people out of the way, clothesline him. Then, after all that he just falls. 

I'm rolling my eyes that the San Francisco Treat is a member of 5-0. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to everyone here ripping on the San Francisco Treat because this has got to be the best nickname I've heard. 

I don't get the point of adding the governor as a character if she's just there to give them a blank check. It would be actually interesting if someone brought civil lawsuit against 5-0 and the governor had to deal with the fallout from it and had to rein them in; not necessarily totally at odds with them, but having to actually call the shots and be more directly involved to show some accountability. Or more like the governor has to appoint a civilian director of 5-0. Something like that. 

Edited by ganesh