Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Drag Movie Shequels

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

can you imagine, Alyssa comes back, ends up in the top two, and in the middle of her song breaks into a vogue. Instead of pantomiming lipstick application, she grabs the real deal out of her titties, and turns so Phi Phi can see that its her name! It would be delicious

OMFG, pleeeeeeeeeease let this happen next week! 

And please let Latrice Royale be sitting on the side of the stage to declare, "Oh, the shade of it all!"

• Love 1

AS1 was basically a vehicle/ make up to give Chad Michaels his due. AS2... well what can I say that hasn't been said before? I think we needed Alyssa to go to give some interest to the Ruvenge angle. I have to admit, I wasn't that interested in seeing Coco or Ginger come back. At least Alyssa has some star power and her Alyssa'a Secret fan base.

I don't remember much from Phi Phi in her first season, though I know I watched it... So I don't remember the bitchiness then... but I can see where it may have been happening. I don't think her rant was all that bad in the meaning of what she was saying, since the giving Alyssa a pass just because she's Alyssa annoyed me, too... though Phi Phi probably didn't need to go on and on about it, especially when they both picked the same person to go home. (I do also wonder how much of this is really them choosing or producer meddling like all of these shows).

I didn't care for Alyssa in her season and I still don't care for her, so I'm not at all sad she went home. Her humor just doesn't work for me for whatever reason. I also wonder if her Shequal had a bigger part for her in it, but they only used the good footage when it was edited together...

I am curious what this revenge thing is going to be, though I hate the "re enter the competition" thing that so many shows do nowadays, so I hope it's more of they get to eliminate someone instead of coming back...

It wouldn't be enough to  keep her there, but Alyssa's mournful "doo-wah, doo-wah" from the floor as Bland just killed me. I hope she'll use the money and exposure from this to rise to even higher levels in the drag and entertainment world. Alaska was amazing, and I love her as L'l' Poundcake in her new video, but the doo-wahs from Alyssa were great too.

• Love 4

And please let Latrice Royale be sitting on the side of the stage to declare, "Oh, the shade of it all!"

I believe it's actually, "Oh the shade, the shade of it all." Always have adored that quote...

I dont know how Alaska won that lipsinc.  She stomped around, BFD. From the start everyone knew she was winning the title, it was basically set in stone like Chad's first All Star win was,  Gets tedious in my eyes.

Katya bothers me in that she never seems to rise up to her potential.

Detox' chartreuese makeup was gorg

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I believe it's actually, "Oh the shade, the shade of it all." Always have adored that quote...

I dont know how Alaska won that lipsinc.  She stomped around, BFD. From the start everyone knew she was winning the title, it was basically set in stone like Chad's first All Star win was,  Gets tedious in my eyes.

She was funny and made Ru laugh

My just generated theory (I'm sick, hanging out on the couch all day, & have nothing better to do) is that the eliminated queens will decide who is eliminated from here  on out.

I hope you're right because I don't want a boring one queen returns scenario. 

I dont know how Alaska won that lipsinc.  She stomped around, BFD.

She stomped around in character. I thought Phi Phi was really good, but unfortunately, there was just no way to beat Lil Poundcake. 

I don't think her rant was all that bad in the meaning of what she was saying, since the giving Alyssa a pass just because she's Alyssa annoyed me, too...

I disagreed with Phi Phi completely about Alyssa because I don't think Alyssa is given a pass--I mean she was placed in the bottom!--and what pass she's given is because of Alyssa's 1000 watt charisma. That said, I don't think what Phi Phi said was that bad either. I don't actually think anything Phi Phi's said has been that bad, and I feel bad for her that she's apparently being dragged to hell and back on social media. She's very talented, and her worst sin this season seems to be that she comes across as sour and perhaps bluntly honest when she shouldn't be. Also, that she has no idea how to weather her worst nightmare coming true and is apparently making matters worse by being overly defensive on social media.

• Love 2

Sadly Kieyra I just don't think they are too bright.  

Doo wah and Rigor Morris - SMH 

Because S-A-S-H sounds like Shah  mmmhmmm  Because er-body knows when you win a beauty contest you get a scepter and a Persian dictator. 

Edited by NYCNJbear06
because when is win LOL What is it they say about people in glass houses...
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Because S-A-S-H sounds like Shah  mmmhmmm  Because er-body knows when you when a beauty contest you get a scepter and a Persian dictator. 

I shouldn't be surprised, but I always am when most of the queens reveal how chaotic and unstable their upbringings were. For the most part, I think they all are reasonably bright, but their childhoods were so chaotic that no one was around to nurture their intelligence. You can usually tell which queens have had even a little bit of college education.

The other thing that still sort of shocks me now that this show has 8 seasons and 2 all stars seasons, that queens still walk in and can't sew, can't dance, can't act, and can't tell a joke. I don't know how far in advance they learn that they are going to be on the show, but you would think that they would take an improv class or two, a couple of dance classes, and learn the basics of how to operate a sewing machine before stepping one foot onto the set.

• Love 2
On 9/15/2016 at 8:13 PM, Watermelon said:

Like I said Phi2 is just so charmless. Read a room girl, damn. 

It just occurred to me that Phi Phi is Tracy Flick. Phi2 is reasonably talented, smart, and ambitious. When she puts a ton of effort into things, she's clueless as to why things aren't going her way. I think she isn't really aware how her ambition is a little out of control. Even her cosplay, I feel is motivated by Phi2 being an opportunist. There has been a ton of media scrutiny about how many geek mediums are not really inclusive to ethnic and sexual minorities. Creators are making an effort to be a little bit more diverse. I think Phi2 saw this as an untapped market. While there is a tradition of gender swapping in cosplay, I don't think that there are too many people who do it consistently as drag.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Because S-A-S-H sounds like Shah  mmmhmmm  Because er-body knows when you when a beauty contest you get a scepter and a Persian dictator. 

I think you're right and while it's hilarious, I don't think "it's not personnel" was intentional.

On 9/16/2016 at 8:17 PM, violet and green said:

I must say, this. What was with the tearless crying?!

I'm an Alaska fan, but that was lame af. 

On 9/17/2016 at 9:50 AM, snowblossom2 said:

Ugh. Roxxxy should have been sent home. This is what happens when you look at one day rather than a cumulative body of work-middle of the pack queens who are safe stay in the competition.

i don't agree that Alyssa was throwing the other two under the bus. She was focusing on her - she hasn't been in the bottom two - and particularly focused on what she brings to the table in the one on one

Same! Plus, this is in line with the way Alyssa made her own decision when she sent Ginger home. Personally, I think Alyssa's metrics are closer to the way Ru operates during regular seasons than the stupid "use only today's critiques" BS most of the queens are using. How do they know what Ru and the judges are thinking? The don't. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I shouldn't be surprised, but I always am when most of the queens reveal how chaotic and unstable their upbringings were. For the most part, I think they all are reasonably bright, but their childhoods were so chaotic that no one was around to nurture their intelligence. You can usually tell which queens have had even a little bit of college education.

The other thing that still sort of shocks me now that this show has 8 seasons and 2 all stars seasons, that queens still walk in and can't sew, can't dance, can't act, and can't tell a joke. I don't know how far in advance they learn that they are going to be on the show, but you would think that they would take an improv class or two, a couple of dance classes, and learn the basics of how to operate a sewing machine before stepping one foot onto the set.

No, I agree with this, and I also understand why some of the younger queens have no pop culture references more than five years old or so. Sometimes you just don't end up in the right circumstances to be 'exposed' to a lot of different influences or information.

I just don't believe a self-described pageant queen doesn't know how to say 'sash'. 

• Love 1
On September 18, 2016 at 0:28 PM, WhineandCheez said:

I love me some Latrice Royale! She knows how to "take us all to church".

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Egg said:

I think you're right and while it's hilarious, I don't think "it's not personnel" was intentional.

On the flip side, I used to have to prepare grant budgets for the state government that included Personal Services, by which they meant staff.

I'm an Alaska fan, but that was lame af.

I am glad someone else picked this up!!!   That was the most bullcrappiest cry session I ever saw.  It was so fake it was laughable.  Made it look like she was on PhiPhi's side with her choice.  I was feeling Alaska until she did that.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, kieyra said:

No, I agree with this, and I also understand why some of the younger queens have no pop culture references more than five years old or so. Sometimes you just don't end up in the right circumstances to be 'exposed' to a lot of different influences or information.

I just don't believe a self-described pageant queen doesn't know how to say 'sash'. 

While I agree that a chaotic or unstable childhood may lead to an under developed education I think in this circumstance that both Alyssa and Roxxy (especially Alyssa) are playing to the cameras.  Someone has been coaching both of them behind the scenes about creating a brand/character for themselves and they see that Alyssa playing the not too bright shtick will work for them/her.  In this post Unreal world I just feel there are people on the side egging them on to get more screen time and encouraging them to behave this way.

Seriously a grown man doesn't know do-dah-do-dah and a pageant queen doesn't know sash?!  Gurl. 

• Love 3
On 9/15/2016 at 9:13 PM, KenyaJ said:

Wow, I think I hate Phi Phi even more now than I did in Season 4! That took effort.

And that ending snatched me bald. I loved it.

Me too! P2's face didn't just crack; it shattered into a million pieces. L'il Poundcake has more class than P2. 

• Love 1