Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: The Ghost

• Start Topic

ETA: So, I totally forgot that this airs an hour later. I stream shows online at the moment and this was uploaded early, so...yeah, sorry for the early post. 

So, that was the premiere. I thought it was good enough. Everyone seems to be mostly split up because of the new Director.

Coulson's obsession with Daisy will never end. I bet if he had to choose between Daisy and May, he'd choose Daisy, every single time. But damn if I didn't miss Coulson/May's friendship. At least we got a little bit of it at the end. 

I liked Ghost Rider, surprisingly. Even with the actual little we got of him, I was intrigued. I'm just not as impressed that he has scenes with Daisy. I usually like Daisy, I really do, but I wasn't really into any of her scenes. She was a tad grating on my nerves, if I have to be honest. I do like her friendship/partnership with YoYo, though. Clearly she has her to trust. 

YoYo/Mack are definitely on the road to a relationship. I just hope she doesn't die, and I really hope Daisy's not involved, because that'll just make Daisy all 'woe is me' and break up Daisy/Mack's friendship. Nuh-uh, don't do it, show.

I knew Fitz would find Aida sooner rather than later, and I just know this secret is going to put a wrench between Fitz and Simmons. Although I still don't buy them as a romantic couple, I don't want their friendship to suffer either. Simmons does seem very aware that her new position does not sit well with others, so theoretically she should be fine with any secrets kept from her for the time being. I know she shouldn't be too pleased, but she should understand. 

So, May's infected by some Ghost Girl? Or something? I don't know, but it gives May an actual storyline, so bring it! 

Some nice humorous moments that I can't quite remember, besides Mack's jealousy over Coulson's hand tech. 

Overall, decent premiere. Also....NO BRETT DALTON CHARACTERS IN SIGHT. HALLELUJAH. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 12

Wow does Rebel!Daisy ever need to lay off the eye makeup.  I remember her having a Goth look at the end of last season (which was also ridiculous), but it was even heavier in tonight's episode.  She's got full on Panda eyes! Not a good look, especially if she ever gets caught in the rain.   

This episode didn't work for me.  This show works best when the team is together, it really slows down when they're apart.  I hope this doesn't last for too long.

So do we think the changes within SHIELD are a result of the Sokovia Accords or what?  I was expecting them to explain more of what happened between Lincoln's death and the final scene of last year's episode than they did tonight.   

• Love 10

Best acting beat of the episode: Henry Simmons looking with disbelief at his radio when May showed up immediately after his call for backup.

I don't like Fitz keeping Radcliffe's LMD from Gemma. Seems like drama for the sake of drama.

I hope they keep Ghost Rider as a free agent, he doesn't seem like the team-joining type.

• Love 9
On 2016-09-17 at 8:23 AM, paigow said:

Shouldn't Coulson be hunting Captain America and everyone else that DID NOT sign the Sokovia Accords?

It seems like Coulson's been downgraded by a lot. He probably doesn't have the clearance for any really crucial missions -- just routine check-ins, maybe.

But, seriously, Ghost Rider? Effin' Ghost Rider?! Bollocks.

And I hate the AIDA plot already.

Apparently I know nothing about the Robbie Reyes incarnation of Ghost Rider; my distaste is based entirely on the Johnny Blaze  circus stunt rider weirdo "dark, edgy" character and the cheesefest Nicolas Cage movie version. (Although "cheesefest Nicolas Cage movie" may be something of a redundancy.)

Edited by Sandman
I hate Nicolas Cage.
  • Love 4

Good episode.  You can definitely tell they're taking advantage of the later timeslot with all of the blood in this episode.

Liked the debut of Ghost Rider and the guy playing Robbie is good.  I just read the first half of All-New Ghost Rider, which this version of the character is based on.  The scene with the bazooka flipping his car came right out of that comic.  They made some changes to the Robbie and Gabe characters but otherwise a very good start.

Robbie turning into ole Flaming Skull was awesome and I look forward to a bigger Rider/Daisy fight down the line.

I actually liked the AIDA plot.

Coulson's better in the field but he still has his head completely up Daisy's ass.

The "ghost box" bit is intriguing.

I liked the Daisy/Yo-Yo interaction.  I still find it funny that for all the hype last season about the Secret Warriors we only all saw them together for half an episode.  I think the Ghost Rider storyline is going to fare a lot better.

• Love 6

It felt a little odd to have AIDA, Ghost Rider, and whatever the box of spirits was in the same episode.  A little sudden.  Is this some lead up to Doctor Strange?

I don't like added Fitz-Simmons drama over AIDA.  I thought we were to the point were they got to just be for a while.

I'm not missing Lincoln, but I am missing Bobbie.  I hope she gets read back in soon.  I enjoyed seeing YoYo.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

It felt a little odd to have AIDA, Ghost Rider, and whatever the box of spirits was in the same episode.  A little sudden.  Is this some lead up to Doctor Strange?

I was thinking that the faces of the people who've seen (or been affected by?) the ghost in the box looked a lot like the faces of Mads Mikkelsen's crew of baddies in the Doctor Strange previews. Couple that with the idea that Ghost Rider comes, like the Sorcerer Supreme, from the supernatural side of the Marvel house (and the idea that

Spoiler

there is supposedly a connection between the Zero Matter of Agent Carter and the Dark Force in Doctor Strange -- could the ghost be a Zero Matter phantom?)

and I think we will see a lead up to the next theatrical property in the MCU.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

I managed to avoid any Ghost Rider in comics for decades, and now he's on a show I actually watch. The conflict is the same as when they slipped Jessica Jones into the Netflix batch, as I hated the way they inserted her into the Marvelverse. Anyway, NotJohnnyBlaze looks cooler on TV than in the comics. The LMD will obviously go horribly wrong and the stupid secret will cause DRAMA between Fitz & Simmons. If we have links now to the supernatural, how long before Mephisto resurrects Ward?

Agents of SHIELD is back and taken advantage of it's later time-slot, between the bloodier violence and the opening shot of Daisy's ass as she puts on lingerie (although, I'm guessing it's a stand-in and not Chloe Bennett.)  I guess you got to do what you do.  Hopefully, this time-slot will work out, since they're kind of running out of space.  First, 8 p.m.  Then, 9 p.m.  10 p.m. is their last shot!

So, it looks like the big get this time is a non-Nicolas cage Ghost Rider, I see!  Could be good, I guess.  The actor didn't wow me, but he might grow on me.  I'm keeping an eye on his little brother though, because that was so Chris from Fear the Walking Dead, and I do not trust that little psycho in the making!  Hopefully, he'll get to interact with the others and not just Daisy.

The new Director of Shield has apparently split up the team, and it is causing all sorts of problems; in particular, with Melinda and Simmons, since Simmons seems to be chummy with him.  She did claim it was all an act, but I can see Melinda still grousing about it.  All I will say for now is Elizabeth Henstridge is rocking the "Simmons in charge" look.

Glad that Radcliffe/John Hannah will be a regular this season.  Naturally, AIDA will be a problem (I see Radcliffe must have been a fan of Galavant, since he made her look like the evil queen from that show!); especially with Fitz keeping it from Simmons.  And they're doing so well!

Yo-Yo!  I'm glad she is back.  I just hope she doesn't die.

Mack continues to be the best.  Who wouldn't want an explosive pen?

I have no idea what is going on with that box that has some kind of ghost (?) in it, and has now infected Melinda.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, benteen said:

I still find it funny that for all the hype last season about the Secret Warriors we only all saw them together for half an episode.  I think the Ghost Rider storyline is going to fare a lot better.

Who knows for sure -- though they seemed to have already jammed 'Ghost Rider' into the main title if the end of the episode is any indicator.  All the hype about the Secret Warriors last season, and the payoff was the disappointing equivalent of the fireworks factory on the Itchy and Scratchy show on the Simpsons.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

First of all, damn, Daisy, smearing on all that black eye shadow is not an actual disguise (despite what you may think based upon Oliver Queen's copious amounts of eye shadow beneath his mask on Arrow).

It was a little much.  SDQ (Skye/Daisy/Quake) has basically returned to her old stomping grounds from the very first episode of AoS -- living in a van down by a river around L.A.  So how is it so difficult to find her ?

I don't think they hammered home the point enough about how people get attached to stuff.  FFS !

Not a big fan of the writers converting Simmons into a bureaucrat, even if she is trying somehow "protect the team".

I wish they had better explained why "everyone" knows her as Quake a little better (we saw those clippings at the end of S3), but I'd like a better reasoning from SDQ why she has been doing what she has been doing since the end of S3.  So, was the final scene from S3 where SDQ was giving money to that woman and her child supposed to take place before the events of this episode ?  Or will we see it later on this season ?

Blah, blah, blah, Sokovia Accords -- it was bullshit in CA: Civil War and it's still bullshit.

• Love 2

This episode was all over the place, in a distracting way. Can't these people try to tell a simple, straightforward story? It's like a pinball game.

I'm not surprised the new season opened with Daisy/Skye. It's always about Daisy/Skye...

It will never not be creepy for a male scientist to build a naked, very attractive female robot. 
How does such a 'scientist' decide how anatomically correct to make such models? And why the perfect makeup and hair? Is the doctor also a great makeup artist? 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, shrewd.buddha said:

This episode was all over the place, in a distracting way. Can't these people try to tell a simple, straightforward story? It's like a pinball game.

I'm not surprised the new season opened with Daisy/Skye. It's always about Daisy/Skye...

It will never not be creepy for a male scientist to build a naked, very attractive female robot. 
How does such a 'scientist' decide how anatomically correct to make such models? And why the perfect makeup and hair? Is the doctor also a great makeup artist? 

As soon as I saw Aida I thought - Oh look a Fembot!

Agree - too much eye makeup on Daisy and also what was with the chunky necklace?   Love Yo-Yo and hope she and Mack finally hook up but I love the fact she has Daisy's back. Thank gawd no more Brett Dalton!  Simmons being higher up is annoying. May seeing dead people - I like the fact that she is getting a storyline but seriously this?!?  

Ghost rider looks seriously cool.

• Love 4

It looks like this is another board I might need to avoid because I love Skye/Daisy/Quake and find her far more interesting the May who for the last two seasons has done little else but look mean and fight.

So far I liked what I saw of the ghost rider.  My knowledge of the character is limited but it looks like a character bent on vengeance and trapped between two worlds will work well in the universe.

Of corse the first to seemed messy and disjointed that was kind of the point.  Tge new Director was keeping everyone apart and uninformed and Simmons was trying to keep herself in the center to hold on to power to keep everyone else safe.  Which meant keeping them in the dark.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, shrewd.buddha said:

AoS is not a stand alone episode show it has to drop in threads and suggestions of further arcs, yet try to link into the movies to make it worthwhile. Where they were going with the Sokovia Accords seemed better in the last season ending episodes than how it picked up in the season premiere.

Most shows by the second episode if a network forces a showing out of order for the sex content, get right down to the sexual function of ultimatly non human prostitutes. Being able to pass for human is the only use of wasting resources making them able to walk like a human instead of someting easier like a spider.

6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Agents of SHIELD is back and taken advantage of it's later time-slot, between the bloodier violence and the opening shot of Daisy's ass as she puts on lingerie (although, I'm guessing it's a stand-in and not Chloe Bennett.)  I guess you got to do what you do.  Hopefully, this time-slot will work out, since they're kind of running out of space.  First, 8 p.m.  Then, 9 p.m.  10 p.m. is their last shot!

I noticed the gratuitous ass shot and said this is what 10 PM gets us. I guess with the Maxim class of magazines shut down 30 something actresses no longer inevitably have to do the lingerie and photoshopped  pictorials. With years of CSI blood splatter I didn't think of that as any big thing, We didn't not get a scene of blood pumping out of a body, just a cutaway from the victim and a shot of the wall with the spray of blood.

• Love 1

I have some mix feelings about this episode and show. First  I did like how they never once hinted that Ghost Rider nor the Lady Ghost (and I want this to be her name, even if they are going to name the character later on) were Inhumans and/or aliens. Sure that can literally all change by next episode, with just one line of dialogue, but at least they are trying to do a "Dr. Strange" theme season and it's not bad. My only criticism is that both the Lady Ghost and the Chinese Triad (or at least what I thought they were supposed to be), and everything Ghost Rider seems so out of place for this show (and of course everything is always about Daisy). 

Second the stuff that I didn't like:

I didn't like how Fitz decided to keep Aida from Simmons (or that they are living together. It's just I don't buy them as a couple so them living together seems so off and not right to me). IMO, keeping Aida from Simmons seems like a total dick movie, on Fitz's part (and it seems that Aida was some kind of violation on his parole or whatever happened to him within the last six months), and I do kind of hope that Fitz does get some kind of major flack for it once Simmons finds out. IMO, Fitz has to learn that his "protecting" and not telling Simmons is going to be problematic (and he did the same thing once Skye/Daisy got her powers as well) even if he wanted to perfect it and protect Dr. Radcliff (IMO, there has to be some kind of consequences to his actions. He just can't go around and not tell someone that his buddy has just violated his parole). Also, I didn't like seeing all of these major changes that happened off screen, within this supposed six-month time gap. SHIELD is literally, not only part of the government but also the public knows that it's been brought back? Coulson isn't the director and appears to now lives, in a storage closet playing backgammon with literally anyone who will give him the time of day? The new security colors are stupid (I am just saying this now and I am sure by the end of this season this will be gone). Daisy is running away from SHIELD- WHY? Why did she leave and why is SHIELD hunting her down? Why is she hunting down the Watchdogs where you still have major organizations like A.I.M.? What did the Watchdogs have to do with Lincoln's death and why didn't no one else heard about the "Ghost Rider" until like just now? Why did Simmons get promoted over Fitz as the new science director and why are the writers trying to write her as some kind of stiff, bureaucratic, unbending jerk? Even if all she is doing is putting up a facade for the new people (and for the new director) and trying to "protect" her old friends it still is, IMO, a stupid storyline. Also, May being possess by the Lady Ghost. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 2
On 9/21/2016 at 8:23 AM, Chaos Theory said:

So far I liked what I saw of the ghost rider.  My knowledge of the character is limited but it looks like a character bent on vengeance and trapped between two worlds will work well in the universe.

Well, in the comics Robbie's soul was bonded with the soul of his dead serial killer uncle and he killed bad people to keep Eli at bay (sort of like, what if Dexter was evil instead of good). He was never possessed with the Spirit of Vengeance nor never made a deal with the devil. That all was part of the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider aspect that it seems they are combining with Robbie. 

Edited by TVSpectator
4 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

I have some mix feelings about this episode and show. First  I did like how they never once hinted that Ghost Rider nor the Lady Ghost (and I want this to be her name, even if they are going to name the character later on) were Inhumans and/or aliens. Sure that can literally all change by next episode, with just one line of dialogue, but at least they are trying to do a "Dr. Strange" theme season and it's not bad. My only criticism is that both the Lady Ghost and the Chinese Triad (or at least what I thought they were supposed to be), and everything Ghost Rider seems so out of place for this show (and of course everything is always about Daisy). 

You did have that look Daisy had when Ghost Rider said he sold his soul. I take it like Tony Stark cutting off Peter Parker in Civil War that MCU characters would first assume that weird stuff meant aliens or another secret soldier serum and after the fish oil just assume they are Inhumans until absolute proof of something else was presented.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Raja said:

You did have that look Daisy had when Ghost Rider said he sold his soul. I take it like Tony Stark cutting off Peter Parker in Civil War that MCU characters would first assume that weird stuff meant aliens or another secret soldier serum and after the fish oil just assume they are Inhumans until absolute proof of something else was presented.

Yeah, you are right but all of this new "spiritual stuff" seems out of place for AoS. Maybe if they dropped hints that magic and other supernatural stuff exists, in the earlier seasons I can get down with it (hey, they did that on Daredevil Season 1!). It is just, IMO, weird to see Ghost Rider on a show that made all other non-Inhuman comic books characters, Inhuman MCU characters, last season. 

• Love 1

I was kind of hype for Ghost Rider, but in the end, I think I just wound up having this episode after an underwhelming first half playing in the background.

I agree with pretty much everyone said re: Daisy. I'm over her and I wish she hadn't been so closely tied to the Ghost Rider story. At all. The whole episode seemed like a mid season episode and not what was needed for a season premier.

• Love 3

The best part about having Ghost Rider on the show is that his flames light up the screen so I can actually see what's going on.  Why is this show filmed so darkly?  When Coulson and Mack were in that alley, I couldn't see a thing.  Get some lights on this show!  

It makes me long for early S1; sure, the show was boring, but it was light and sunny, and the characters didn't all appear to be suicidal.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Glad that Radcliffe/John Hannah will be a regular this season.  Naturally, AIDA will be a problem (I see Radcliffe must have been a fan of Galavant, since he made her look like the evil queen from that show!); especially with Fitz keeping it from Simmons.  And they're doing so well!

Yo-Yo!  I'm glad she is back.  I just hope she doesn't die.

Mack continues to be the best.  Who wouldn't want an explosive pen?

I have no idea what is going on with that box that has some kind of ghost (?) in it, and has now infected Melinda.

That is who AIDA was - Magadelana from Galavant! 

And how convenient that Radcliffe happens to have a sexy little robe to cover her up with.  I did crack up when he said he was "installing some hardware".  It is creepy, but I will get over it coming from John Hannah.

I was ecstatic to see Yo-Yo!  I love that it seems like she is going to be playing an ongoing part in the story this season.

The eye make up was a bit much on Daisy/Skye/Quake, but I like her.

• Love 5

1. Can we get rid of the little Henrie on both shows? Gah- amidst all the other stuff I'm whaaa? about ditching Lorenzo Henrie, that's non-negotiable.

2. I liked the juxtaposition of AIDA as protective, as a shield, with a threat that probably can't hurt her but can really F up her human counterparts.

3. Did Jemma remind anyone else of Victoria Hand?

4. Thank you show, for giving us more John Hannah and promising additional John Hannah. Please all season.

5. Heh- YoYo and Mack, sittin' in a tree... :) Ask. Her. To. Dinner. Now.

6. I liked that Daisy utilized Yo Yo as a resource.

7. Not so happy with infected (?) May. If I saw my co-worker's face decompose or whatnot in front of me, I think I'd wave my hand and suggest something was wrong. I grow weary of plot contrivances like this. I hope it's resolved sooner than later and honestly AoS has had a good record lately of getting these sorts of things wrapped.

8. I know we'll see him eventually, but I wish they'd leave the Director as completely unseen and unknown. I know it's not feasible but I can dream.

9. I don't care about Ghost Rider. I miss the team. Together. Working together.

Edited by Tarasme
  • Love 2

Love Fitz' reaction to naked AIDA! Keeping her a secret from Jemma is definitely a bad idea though.

I like Ghost Rider's car but the look

Seeing Chloe and Dalton's screentest made me realize bringing Coulson back from the dead and making him lead was the worst thing that happened to this show.   We could have had a show with a fun couple in the center that was like a gender-swapped Castle and Beckett. Instead we had an earth bound MCU version of bad early season Star Trek The Next Generation  with Coulson as Picard, Ward as Riker and Skye/Daisy as a female Wesley. As much as I like Clark Gregg, he is no Patrick Stewart. He is just not interesting enough or has the presence to be the center of a show.

• Love 1

7. Not so happy with infected (?) May. If I saw my co-worker's face decompose or whatnot in front of me, I think I'd wave my hand and suggest something was wrong. I grow weary of plot contrivances like this. I hope it's resolved sooner than later and honestly AoS has had a good record lately of getting these sorts of things wrapped.

A character hiding their illness from their friend and another character hiding his activities (in this case AIDA) from his lover are two of worst tropes on television and two I'd like to see gotten rid of.  So naturally, Agents of Shield decides to use BOTH of them this season.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tarasme said:

Or perhaps like with the rage staff from Asgard Melinda May will just overcome it.

• Love 2

I was fairly underwhelmed by this episode.  Ghost Rider was cool, but is he going to join the team, or is he just going to be someone they are going to hunt all season long?

The Ghost Lady... I guess she infects people with some kind of fear aura?  Or is it some kind of possession?  If it is possession, her look seemed like it could be based on Malice, who was part of the Marauders and fought against the X-Men and the Fantastic Four.  She notably possessed Polaris.

8 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

It looks like this is another board I might need to avoid because I love Skye/Daisy/Quake and find her far more interesting the May who for the last two seasons has done little else but look mean and fight.

I love her powers.  I like how she has grown to learn how to use them, to the point where she can semi-fly by projecting force against the ground.  My issue with Daisy is that from the start of this series, every episode and most of the plots revolve around her and how special she is.  I'd prefer much less Daisy.  She eats the show, and this season apparently will be no different.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Seeing Chloe and Dalton's screentest made me realize bringing Coulson back from the dead and making him lead was the worst thing that happened to this show.   We could have had a show with a fun couple in the center that was like a gender-swapped Castle and Beckett. 

I don't always love Coulson as a lead (IMO this show is at its best when it works as a true ensemble), but I'm so grateful that didn't happen.  That sounds like a formula for a bad Marvel themed procedural.

• Love 7

Why the late time slot, ABC? Did they read the plans for the new season, get to the part about the naked fembot and go, "We must protect the children"? Right now, I'm working a job that has me starting at 7, so I have to wrap up my day by then. The good news is that the assignment lasts one more week. However, it's going to play havoc with my viewing habits.

Really hope Robbie can outdistance Johnny Blaze. I didn't even see the second movie. I'm hoping for the flaming chain, but I'm okay with no motorcycle.

So much for Patton Oswalt being the forebearer for Life Model Decoys. I'm good with Aida for now. If she goes through the whole season without at least kissing someone, I will be surprised.

Are we meeting the new SHIELD boss next week? Here's hoping it isn't Grant Ward from another universe.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

I didn't like how Fitz decided to keep Aida from Simmons (or that they are living together. It's just I don't buy them as a couple so them living together seems so off and not right to me). IMO, keeping Aida from Simmons seems like a total dick movie, on Fitz's part (and it seems that Aida was some kind of violation on his parole or whatever happened to him within the last six months), and I do kind of hope that Fitz does get some kind of major flack for it once Simmons finds out. IMO, Fitz has to learn that his "protecting" and not telling Simmons is going to be problematic (and he did the same thing once Skye/Daisy got her powers as well) even if he wanted to perfect it and protect Dr. Radcliff (IMO, there has to be some kind of consequences to his actions. He just can't go around and not tell someone that his buddy has just violated his parole).

That's not why he did it however. He said that they can't tell Simmons because then she would HAVE to tell the Director. He's keeping it away from her so that she's not in a position to have to compromise her values by keeping the secret. YMMV, of course.

9 hours ago, StarBrand said:

I'm liking more and more the Yo-Yo and Mac "fraternization".  I liked Mac's reaction when she did whatever she did (am I to assume she grabbed the family jewels?). I've got to admire a woman who's that direct...

If a man grabbed a woman's 'family jewels' like that, it would not be interpreted so kindly, I think. That being said, I did laugh.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Jack Kerouac said:

That's not why he did it however. He said that they can't tell Simmons because then she would HAVE to tell the Director. He's keeping it away from her so that she's not in a position to have to compromise her values by keeping the secret. YMMV, of course.

If a man grabbed a woman's 'family jewels' like that, it would not be interpreted so kindly, I think. That being said, I did laugh.

I agree that Fitz thinks that he is protecting Radcliff from the new director by not telling Simmons but this has to have some kind of consequences because he is still lying to his live-in girlfriend. Plus, I think that it's obvious that it is Simmons job to know what Radcliff is doing and this will probably make her look incompetent to the director. It's literally part of her job to make sure Radcliff isn't doing this and violating the terms of his parole (and he literally did violate the terms of his parole and it's something that makes people remember Ultron!). In a way, I guess Simmons is Radcliff's parole officer and if the terms of Radcliff's parole say that he has to stay in the county no matter what, he has to stay in the county and not take a joy-ride with his parole officer's live-in boyfriend to the next county over. Plus, this is still another trust issue with Fitz and Simmons relationship as well. 

On 9/20/2016 at 8:38 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Also....NO BRETT DALTON CHARACTERS IN SIGHT. HALLELUJAH. 

I was holding my breath to wait and see if his name appeared in the opening titles.  When they skipped right from Ming's name to Chloe's, I sighed in relief.  I have nothing against Brett, but it was beyond time for Ward to go, and I'm glad TPTB didn't find a way to keep him on as an all-new character.

Glad Radcliffe's now a main character.  But I don't like Fitz lying to Simmons so soon, even though the reason is relatively good.  And I'm eager to see where May's new storyline goes.  I'm just glad she's getting one after all this time!

Still miss Bobbi and Hunter, though.  Please bring them back, Show!

Edited by Michel
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Why the late time slot, ABC? Did they read the plans for the new season, get to the part about the naked fembot and go, "We must protect the children"? Right now, I'm working a job that has me starting at 7, so I have to wrap up my day by then. The good news is that the assignment lasts one more week. However, it's going to play havoc with my viewing habits.

The new time slot came before the plans for season 4.  They announced it last spring.  As for why, I assume it's a combination of the fact that Agents of SHIELD has had only middling ratings and because ABC has had a devil of a time finding a show to fill the 10/9c time slot for several years now.  There hasn't been a single show to last there for longer than a season in at least 4 years.  

2 hours ago, Jack Kerouac said:

It may not even be a matter of Simmons's values.  The writers made a point to have Simmons tell us earlier in the episode that the director has his inner circle pass lie detector tests on a daily basis.  It's possible that if Simmons knew, she'd be unable to keep it from the director.  Especially if Simmons has to report to the director on Radcliffe specifically.

• Love 5

First time I saw the flaming skull, I really wondered if this is better than keeping Ward on the show.

It's going to look ridiculous in daylight.

They must want to shake things up to boost ratings but really, the character doesn't belong on this show.  They were chasing an international conspiracy involving alien beings and technology and now they're going to the supernatural oogey boogyman shit?

Hell, Joss should have thrown in vampires and vampire slayers instead.  At least they could have another musical episode.

• Love 1

The hubs and I finally got a chance to watch this tonight.  I think he may have enjoyed it more than I did.  I won't say I didn't like it, but it didn't give me a good feel for what the upcoming season would be.

I did like Mac and Coulson together...and I think I like Coulson being part of a team instead of the director (although, my opinion may change once we meet the new director).  I honestly don't care about their hunt for Daisy, but I found Ghost Rider to be more interesting than I had expected.  I also don't know what is going on with May, but I like her having a story line.

I'm not sure what to think about Yo-yo working on the sly with Daisy and keeping up a flirtation with Mac.  However, I generally like her character, so I'm willing to see where it goes.

Also, can Daisy please just be rid of the eye make up?  Why do TV shows--AoS is definitely not the only one--who thinks that heavy eye makeup equals BADASS.  Sigh....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OtterMommy said:

Why do TV shows--AoS is definitely not the only one--who thinks that heavy eye makeup equals BADASS.  Sigh....

I usually see it as more Crazy/Mean/Troubled/Evil than as BADASS.  If a character goes over to the dark side, or goes through a fit of depression/self loathing, the makeup artists starts applying triple the normal amount of eye liner.   As a woman who quite likes her makeup (though not nearly as much as Daisy is wearing!) I really really really hate this trope.  It makes no sense.  There's no correlation between one's moral character and their taste in makeup, and depression usually causes people to spend less time carefully grooming themselves, not more.  

Edited by xqueenfrostine
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, romantic idiot said:

It just makes me think she doesn't know how to put on eyeliner on the lower lids. 

d5953927981c283370ee322d96a456e5.jpgShe had it figured out last season!  I don't know why they decided to increase her eye makeup even more.  It's clearly not to hide her identity, because it would take more than a half inch of eye liner to fool anyone.

• Love 4
On 9/21/2016 at 7:23 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Of corse the first to seemed messy and disjointed that was kind of the point.  Tge new Director was keeping everyone apart and uninformed and Simmons was trying to keep herself in the center to hold on to power to keep everyone else safe.  Which meant keeping them in the dark.

You aren't alone, I have loved Daisy from the get go. I also love May and the rest of the team. I was seriously over Ward last year and they took care of that finally. Now all I need is for Bobbi and Hunter to come back. I LOVE this show.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, missbonnie said:

You aren't alone, I have loved Daisy from the get go. I also love May and the rest of the team. I was seriously over Ward last year and they took care of that finally. Now all I need is for Bobbi and Hunter to come back. I LOVE this show.

I get why Coulson loves Daisy.  I don't see it as obsession anymore then I saw Giles love for Buffy as obsession.  It maybe different circumstances but they both have father's love for there willful daughters who don't always make good decisions.  In Daisy'ss case though she was cast out as a Special Snowflake by many and that isn't a stink you get rid of easy  even if it hasn't been true since the first season and even then not really.  Special snowflakes don't get yelled at or punished even when she was still Skye she did.  She did get forgiven pretty easy but it is tv.  Most characters don't hold a grudge as long as real people do.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Enigma X said:

This fell flat for me. I liked Mac and Coulson's interactions. Everything else was just blah to bad for me.

The Ghost Rider part worked for me and the rest I really didn't like or felt weird to see on AoS (like the Chinese Triad, Ghost Box, and the Ghost Lady). Even Coulson's interactions felt like he was nothing more than a hollow shell of his former self (well, okay that also happened in Season 3 but here it seems like he is just 100% sad and lonely) and the whole now SHIELD is back and running at full efficacy in the public eye seems also off too me. 

4 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I get why Coulson loves Daisy.  I don't see it as obsession anymore then I saw Giles love for Buffy as obsession.  It maybe different circumstances but they both have father's love for there willful daughters who don't always make good decisions.  In Daisy'ss case though she was cast out as a Special Snowflake by many and that isn't a stink you get rid of easy  even if it hasn't been true since the first season and even then not really.  Special snowflakes don't get yelled at or punished even when she was still Skye she did.  She did get forgiven pretty easy but it is tv.  Most characters don't hold a grudge as long as real people do.  

It's not a grudge, it's just poorly written.  If you enjoy it, I'm happy for you as that enhances your enjoyment of the show.  That's terrific.  But for a lot of us, there's been way too much "tell" and too little "show" when it comes to Daisy.  And Coulson's relationship with her has always felt weird because of the way he favors her above everyone else on the team.  With Giles/Buffy it made sense, because he was a Watcher and Buffy was the Slayer he was sent to guide.  It made narrative sense that they would form a unique parental bond.  But the show has never bothered to show us why Coulson has developed a much tighter bond with Daisy, than say Simmons, and so it becomes noticeable (and irritating) when he's 10x as dedicated to saving her or getting her back than he was when Simmons vanished a season ago.

• Love 5