Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Meet the Parents

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On 9/21/2016 at 10:47 PM, SmallTownMom said:

And Boob saying the closet smelled bad?  

That was probably JB's own rebound halitosis from standing in such a confined space.  That, along with the pee that JB sprayed all over the place, would surely make any space smell bad.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Jeremy lives alone he can not practice what he preaches and no one would know. 

Any word on why Jinger is in NY?

Maybe that's WHY his closet smells bad?

Perhaps this WHY they all live in a dorm until marriage, so they can be ratted out for "self love".

6 hours ago, becca3891 said:

I continue to be really bothered by the Duggars' bizarre idea that young women in love are incapable of coherent thoughts or accomplishing anything. She's 23 and by all rights should have a job. Can you imagine, say, a nurse trying to pull the crap she's pulling? When you're an actual adult, you pull yourself together and get things done because that's what responsible adults do. Boob and Mechelle actively encourage this behavior, floating around like you're high and ignoring everyone around you, and it's so far from healthy.

I think it reinforces the "fairy tale" attitude that they have toward marriage.  If the courting young woman believes that her fairy tale has come true and she doesn't have to deal with real life, maybe she won't have second thoughts about the life she would be signing up for.  And the myth continues--none of the married Gothards would dare step up and admit that they were fed a bunch of crap.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

And the myth continues--none of the married Gothards would dare step up and admit that they were fed a bunch of crap.

Couldn't agree more. The fact that the married Duggar kids have aged in dog years, despite having no bills or jobs, is a pretty strong testament to that. During courtship everyone is on their best behavior. You can't really be yourself when your partner's tweenage relatives are hanging onto your every word. These couples can't get a feel for one another until after they've signed their lives away, so it's pretty much a crapshoot whether they'll have a happy union or not. Since these women are so heavily invested in bragging about their "perfect" husbands, they'll never admit their life is a shit show behind closed doors.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

I, like Cringe, was also on cloud 9 while engaged to my husband.  Love hormones do give one incredible energy and vitality!  But, unlike Cringe, I had my own apartment to maintain, a full-time job, including a horrible Seattle commute, and a 6 year old son to care for!  I have never, even heard of a woman behaving like Jinger.

• Love 8
On 9/15/2016 at 2:42 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

That would seem to be a buzzkill against getting to ANY conclusion or climax.

Just a thought: Those who rail the most about "sexual sin" are the ones who are getting it wherever and whenever they can.

Holy Goalie, you'd best keep it in your pants before the tabloids find out.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, louannems said:

I, like Cringe, was also on cloud 9 while engaged to my husband.  Love hormones do give one incredible energy and vitality!  But, unlike Cringe, I had my own apartment to maintain, a full-time job, including a horrible Seattle commute, and a 6 year old son to care for!  I have never, even heard of a woman behaving like Jinger.

Yes, exactly! It is normal to be on cloud 9 when experiencing new love. But as you described, you also had a life and responsibilities that you maintained. Jinger didn't seem to be joking when she said she couldn't even concentrate on Babe's tour of Laredo because she was too distracted looking at him. That to me is a bizarre level of obsession and a high from which she'll eventually have to tumble. She's going to find herself alone in a new city, with no friends because she doesn't know how to make "friends" outside of Gothard conferences. I doubt there will be many friendships from the tiny church. 

Speaking of Laredo, though, I found it interesting that the woman in the pawn shop spoke Spanish, not surprising since Laredo is right on the border. Now Jilly Muffin can come and teach Jinger her amazing Spanish skills!

16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Couldn't agree more. The fact that the married Duggar kids have aged in dog years, despite having no bills or jobs, is a pretty strong testament to that. During courtship everyone is on their best behavior. You can't really be yourself when your partner's tweenage relatives are hanging onto your every word. These couples can't get a feel for one another until after they've signed their lives away, so it's pretty much a crapshoot whether they'll have a happy union or not. Since these women are so heavily invested in bragging about their "perfect" husbands, they'll never admit their life is a shit show behind closed doors.

• Love 3