Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk

AliShibaz

I’m watching a rerun of Cari Ann & Joe, must be before this board’s time because I can’t find an episode thread. There were so many odd things:

• Nev standing up to start the four-wheeler, with the camera right on his crotch. He has no package.

• Joe and his varieties of plaid clothing

• Cats everywhere! Thankfully, they look happy and well-cared for

• Whoever pierced Joe’s ears did a shitty job

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

Pretty difficult for them to not know the identity of the Catfish when they have to arrange airfare for them and they have to provide their full legal name for ticketing.  

Nev and Max have nothing to do with that. It seems to be the general consensus that the show knows all the information. Nev and Max are finding things out as they move along. The producers work out all the particulars beforehand and Max and Nev do their thing after that.

• Love 5
(edited)

It's still a waste of everyone's intelligence. It's time to put Old Yeller down.

Nev not being guilty of a heinous crime should not reward this show with another 100 episodes. (Is MTV even going to remember it didn't air the last of those specials?)

There will be two hours of Catfish every week this summer, mainly because they are shoving the failed Trolls spinoff after the main show starting July 18th. Hopefully both wind down permanently in September. MTV has Daria & Jodie as a hook in 2019 anyways.

Edit: I just saw that the Trolls thing is only a 3 week event? Were they only able to make that many in all this time? Lmfao, it had a 10 episode order

Edited by AfterwardsTV
  • Love 1
(edited)

Who stays married when your wife leaves you for someone she's never even seen? And she's only 23/24??? Ouch.

The catfisher being fat is an automatic guarantee of being dumped on the spot, even if the catfishee is also fat. It's sad because it proves their point and perpetuates the insecurities that led them to hide in the first place.

Don't judge me, but Kiaira's pretty cute. I'd date her. The girl who catfished her reminds me of Syd from the band The Internet (irony).  I can't imagine sexting someone while pretending to be your sister and knowing your "girlfriend" is technically getting off on the idea of your sister. Speaking of which, I don't know how much experience Kiaira has with women, but those nails are a big no no for any lesbian hoping to get laid.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 6

Kiaria (?) & Nina/Jon episodes: 

i LAUGHED out loud when Kiaria was referring to herself as a mom. She needs to be tested for brain damage cuz that was hilarious.  It almost seemed like the sisters were in on it together , as a way to dupe dumb bitches out of money.

* Nina . All i can say is what a filthy pig. And her husband was a weak cuck even putting up with that garbage. I feel sorry for their children with those two as parents.  Men spend money on Nina? She was beyond Fugly, but had the nerve to say adios to Miles or Milo - whatever the eff his name was. What an idiot , feeding $22K to that pig.  Miles/Milo-use your money for a personal trainer and gym membership, date a nice woman. 

• Love 3

Kiarra was just clueless.  I would say all 3 were in on it to get on tv, except Brittany looked like a fool.  Yeah, wondering if the sister wasn't in on it, too.  Brittany said SHE had never done anything like that before, but maybe someone else close to her has??  

You decide to have a baby with someone you've never met in person.  You also both decide you don't have the time to actually have the baby yourselves, so you opt to find a surrogate.  You send 1k to your new love (whom you've never met).  New love says oh btw, we have a baby now.  Can't send you a picture because of course my camera is broken.  You don't go to them immediately or even send them a new disposable camera for pics.  But, you now "feel" you're a mom.  You have someone who will love you unconditionally (and keep repeating that).  

Kiarra shouldn't have a pet, let alone a baby.  She is absolutely clueless.  She thinks it would be fun, I think, and would have someone who would just love her unconditionally.  Never mind sleepless nights, paying for the child's expenses (way over 1k btw), daycare, watching the child, teaching the child, etc.,   One of the guys hit it on the head; she didn't want to give up her fantasy.

Jon, take your kids and run.  Grow a spine.  She will keep chatting with guys, and if she finds a better offer, she's gone again.  Miles, you can do so much better.  Nina is a user.  She was interested in her Catfish because she saw $$ and thought he was hot.  When he was an overweight guy with $$, no dice.  I guess she has some shallow standards.  Nina is not hot; she looked like she was at least 30 not 23/24.   I kept saying wash and brush your hair.  Just sloppy looking (and not in a trendy oh I'm just wearing beat up clothes way).

What exactly  is a webcam model?  She chats and rolls around in bed with better lighting so she looks hotter?  Is it a sex chat or does she strip?  And does she do it on a pay service (thinking like a patreon type of deal or via her own website?

• Love 3
On 5/25/2018 at 3:21 AM, AfterwardsTV said:

"Angel & Jordan: Jordan ended a real-life relationship for a spark on Tinder; Nev and his wife Laura get on the case and uncover dark truths."

That's an upcoming(?) episode description I found on Zap2it.

Yup Laura's filling in for Max in a full episode.

I hate everything about this. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, auntjess said:

Don't you think that maybe this is the last dying gasp of this show?  That's what the things look like to me.

I saw that my dvr was recording episodes and thought they were old ones, then realized they were new (had no idea the show was going again). I watched Angel and Jordan, and I had nothing to say. Everything in the episode has been done before, and really it was a glimpse of the sad, mean-spirited reality of Catfish. Insecure girl nurses a grudge against vain, clueless, self-centered girl who two-times a guy who's done nothing wrong, everyone gets hurt, they seem to grow up a little but do they really? They all need to go their separate ways and stay off reality TV. I kept thinking about the catfish ruminating on the guys who got away (yay them) when apparently two stuck around long enough for her to have two kids (assuming different fathers...yeah). With a five-month-old baby, didn't she have better things to think about? Who stays best friends with someone for years, every day looking at them and plotting revenge, instead of just ditching the friendship? Like I said, it's all just sad and mean-spirited, and there's not much point in the show going on.

• Love 2

Please take specific episode discussion to the appropriate thread.  This thread is to talk about the season as a whole.  I know that I messed up with setting up the threads right away.  I also didn't realize it was back!  But, I've set them up now.  Thanks guys!  

• Love 1
On 7/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, Whimsy said:

Please take specific episode discussion to the appropriate thread.  This thread is to talk about the season as a whole.  I know that I messed up with setting up the threads right away.  I also didn't realize it was back!  But, I've set them up now.  Thanks guys!  

Didn't there used to be a Previous Seasons link?  I can't find that anymore. I'm trying to find Season 1 and can't find it anywhere.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Phoebe70 said:

Didn't there used to be a Previous Seasons link?  I can't find that anymore. I'm trying to find Season 1 and can't find it anywhere.

You can use this is the thread to talk about all of the seasons as a whole.  We don't really have any season 1 threads.  

The final 100 special aired, and lol is the end part of it funny in retrospection of the info we have now....

Nev: "Come on Max, every episode of Catfish is special if we're together".  Max: "Don't be weird". You tell him, Max.

Nev: "I honestly can't wait until we get to do it again in another 100 episodes" *cut to Max clenching his teeth with the editor putting in a sharp sound effect, eek foreshadowing*

The special ends with them saying new Catfish episodes are coming soon....because this was supposed to air before the 8 summer episodes. It's a hopeful note that MTV didn't air this as the final thing, because if MTV cancels it, that'd be awkward to air a special that said more episodes were on the way last.

See you all next week for my series finale episode, "Nick and Jasmine". As for the Where Are They Now's, it's hard to invest in where people that you need a complete recap of are in life. Most of the people just do the video calls to get Nev and Max's attention again. (One couple proposed in front of them on video call, gross). Nev would be better off running a matchmaking website. 

• Love 2
On 7/20/2018 at 8:21 AM, cooksdelight said:

I’m watching the Catfish movie now on Sundance, but I have to leave to meet friends for lunch... but, in the small part I’ve watched.... Nev is an idiot. Literally. He has no IQ whatsoever.

I had recorded the movie and finally got around to watching it. I found it sad...surprisingly so. Yes, Nev is an idiot, but at least he was kinder to that poor woman than many of the people on the show are to their catfish.

I kinda figured they fed the words to her husband about catfish and cod; it defies belief that he came up with that on his own, thus coining the term "catfish" as we know it today from watching this show. I wonder how they have done in the aftermath of the movie.

Being that MTV now plays episodes back to back to back to back in the wee hours of the morning, I'll catch some shows that I've not seen before.

One thing has struck me while watching.  Either these two are the most inept 'detectives' ever, or it is heavily scripted.  There was a guest host recently, and she cut to the chase, while Nev seemed clueless and/or checked out.  I think the woman accurately said oh I think he was in jail, and found the catfish on a state database.  (He later said no, not been in prison, but yeah she found his mugshot, and he was very shady).  In any event, most of the time, they're like oh we have zero clue, let's just:

1.  Message their friends, sometimes doing a blast message to EVERYONE

2.  Contact the catfish directly

Honestly, you could have a friend say yes this is the show Catfish and we're here helping Sally Sue, please call or let us know where we can meet up.  Same result.  I'd just make sure I'd bring a friend or two with me to meet any catfish.

They are never correct with their assumptions, either.  Possibly scripted to add suspense, but c'mon.  We know the formula.  

The episodes where it was someone they knew either trying to start a relationship or out for revenge, then they're all good after two months?  No way.  I'd call BS on the whole catfishing; more like they wanted to be on tv for their 15 minutes.

6 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Being that MTV now plays episodes back to back to back to back in the wee hours of the morning, I'll catch some shows that I've not seen before.

Unless they've changed, if you're recording these, add at least 5 minutes to the last one  of the group.  
Nothing like watching a lot of crap, then not finding out who the catfish really is, because MTV is bad about time.

8 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Either these two are the most inept 'detectives' ever, or it is heavily scripted

Heavily scripted. I’ve noticed the same thing, when there’s a guest co-host, they figure it out long before Nev knows what’s happening. After several years of this being the norm, you think they’d have figured out that viewers are onto them. 

• Love 2
On 7/1/2019 at 12:35 PM, cooksdelight said:

This is interesting. It was followed by a post from a guy who was going to be on the show (he posted on Facebook) about how much production was telling him to do this, do that, etc.

"You're making yourself look like a fool by going on this TV show," says the guy who appeared on it -- twice! What a perfect spokesperson for this show. As he says, the viewers are getting catfished by the show the whole time.

• Love 1

Changed this to a past seasons thread; this is a currently-airing show that gets a decent amount of discussion and therefore should continue to have separate episode topics. I'll try to remember to set up a thread every week, but if I forget, anyone can do it -- just stick to the title format and tag it with the episode tag. Thanks!

• Love 1