Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Life After Death

• Start Topic

On 9/26/2016 at 6:56 AM, CurlyATX said:

Thanks for the clarification @Scarlett45.  I had some vague memory of Ray and Donna helping David's bi-polar homeless mom and later Ray yelling at her for being such a tease. I'm not sure how I felt about Donna's virginity.  I had a few friends in college who were staunch virgins.  Most were technical but a few for religious reasons didn't at all.  A guy friend of mine (who later married my close friend), was a virgin until he got married. 

I think Donna's original reason (in early dating of David) was the best.  It was just that life was so complicated and sex just added to that mix.  As a late bloomer, I don't know how I could have handled sex in high school.  Later on, Donna was written as someone who didn't seem to have sexual urges.  All my virgin friends said it wasn't easy- at times they themselves naturally wanted it, but decided against it.

I never got the impression Donna didn't have sexual urges. I mean it was a network show in the 90s, but I got the impression that she felt attraction just like everyone else, but really wanted to stay true to her beliefs. She also was concerned about guys not accepting her because of it and making it less likely to find a relationship. I think this was also why she was so forgiving of Ray. Losing your virginity at 22, although later than average isn't crazy late. I do think what made Donna unique was that she had three long term boyfriends (David, Ray and Joe) before getting back with David. Most ppl that are older virgins might not have long term relationships before hand.