Type keyword(s) to search

Russ and Paola: You're the Only Juan for Me

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, this is not a user said:

The only thing is, a lot of new mothers who say things like that are dealing with postpartum depression or anxiety, if not worse. It's easy to just say your son should grow balls and stop her - that's glossing over a lot of real issues that the mother might be dealing with. 

Pao might be a bitch, but that doesn't make her immune to these issues. She was having trouble letting Russ hold the baby, for example. But when we've seen how she's treated Russ long before any pregnancy, it's hard to say... but I think it's at least worth keeping in mind there could be more going on here psychologically.

That said, she and her mom are awful for putting up with Juan's comments. 

I truly doubt any psychological issues she has are hormone influenced or any type of postpartum anxiety. 

Dollars to donuts when Russ isn’t there her mother holds that kid plenty. And the smug look on her face when she tells Russ that his mother can “ help” her but only hold the baby once in a while “maybe”.

Russ knows damn well what she’s doing.  Her plan is to make Russ’ mom so uncomfortable she leaves. I’m betting she wants to take the baby to “her country” in the near future. No worries about disease or germs there. 

If someone offers her a job flashing her ass and tits on camera, watch how fast Axel gets dumped on anyone in the vicinity.

i did read somewhere that she been complaining that the baby is interfering with her espicy life, she can’t get out to the clubs and dancing like before and that’s hard for her. So she seems to have done a 180. 

IMO shes just a selfish, nasty piece of work. 

• Love 9
(edited)

If I were Roos' mom I would not want to visit, frankly.  Why would I go and stay someplace where I knew deep down I was not welcome?  If I did go I would stay in a hotel.  Good fences make good neighbors and in laws.  I have never understood why people want to rush in the next day or race to see the baby.  He will not change that much.  

When I had my second son via c section I lied to my then hubby's family:  "It is a surgery, no visitors until the next day."  Did those carny folk listen?  Nope, they all showed up around 3 (I had just come from post op, people) and brought FRIENDS.  (Second Son was born around 10am)  Like who the hell wants to go to a hospital to see someone else's grandkid?  Not me, sorry to be blunt.

Luckily my then husband had the strength to say, "You gotta wait - go for coffee, whatever.  Wife has not held him yet, she gets to be first."  

Her possessiveness is weird.  My first baby:  delivered on a Monday evening, discharged Wednesday morning, came home and took the dog for a walk.  Alone.  (Hey, that baby took three days to get out....I needed a walk!!!)  Yes my ex was descended from Carny Folk but I NEVER doubted my baby's safety, ever.  Pao needs to chill.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 7

Real talk - my friend wouldn't let anyone hold her baby for the first three - six months unless you had proof of a whooping cough vaccination.  I never judged her for it, she was just being.....a mommy I guess.

Russ is that guy who likes being kicked in the nuts I guess.  Sucks for his family.  Does he have siblings?  If so mother Russ needs to focus on those grandchildren.  Visit axel, love him, but Russ is a doormat and Pao has no interest in axel having a "connection to Oklahoma" 

• Love 4

Our kids are now in their 50s, and our grandkids are in their 20s and 30s.  They all survived without getting any infectious diseases from being held by us or others.

I'm in agreement that babies shouldn't be passed around like toys, but a good compromise might be for Pao to say, "Please wash your hands if you want to hold the baby . . . and - at least for right now - no kissing."  And don't go anywhere with large groups of people until the baby is a little older.  I can't believe how many 2-week-old babies we see out shopping!  (With parents, of course.)

There is no compromise in her.  There's Pao's way or the highway.

• Love 8
(edited)

Pao isn't worried about whooping cough.  She just doesn't want Roose's family to bond or be close with the baby b/c she's an awful person.

If there was a club she wanted to go to or felt the need to go show off her nursing boobs then I'm sure she would be all about Roose's mom holding the baby AND watching him.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Pao isn't worried about whooping cough.  She just doesn't want Roose's family to bond or be close with the baby b/c she's an awful person.

If there was a club she wanted to go to or felt the need to go show off her nursing boobs then I'm sure she would be all about Roose's mom holding the baby AND watching him.

Absolutely. I’ve read she’s already bitching that she’s had to sacrifice so much of her espicy social life because of “my baby”

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Our kids are now in their 50s, and our grandkids are in their 20s and 30s.  They all survived without getting any infectious diseases from being held by us or others.

I'm in agreement that babies shouldn't be passed around like toys, but a good compromise might be for Pao to say, "Please wash your hands if you want to hold the baby . . . and - at least for right now - no kissing."  And don't go anywhere with large groups of people until the baby is a little older.  I can't believe how many 2-week-old babies we see out shopping!  (With parents, of course.)

There is no compromise in her.  There's Pao's way or the highway.

Everyone, including Pao should be washing their hands, that’s common sense. 

But  we know that Pao will take perverse joy in carrying the baby, cuddling him, kissing him etc, in front of Russ’s mother and then acting exhausted and please!! could Mother Russ do a couple loads of wash and mop the floor, while she and Axel take a nap?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Everyone, including Pao should be washing their hands, that’s common sense. 

But  we know that Pao will take perverse joy in carrying the baby, cuddling him, kissing him etc, in front of Russ’s mother and then acting exhausted and please!! could Mother Russ do a couple loads of wash and mop the floor, while she and Axel take a nap?

Unless mother Russ is as much of a doormat as Russ that should be her signal to book her flight home.  

That is her grandson, but the world is full of beautiful babies to hold and cuddle (and hand back when they poop).

I agree with whoever said family Russ should stay in a hotel.

• Love 6
On 7/4/2019 at 1:24 PM, doyouevengohere said:

This, exactly.  I truly hope Russ has siblings so she can be a gramma to those kids.  I have a neighbor from my old neighborhood - they are now grandparents and their son and DIL are kinda weird about their kids too.  No one can babysit (huh?) and grandparent visits are very few and far between.  I can't speak to DIL's parents, but my former neighbors (the son's parents) are nothing but clean living great people!  No drinking, no smoking, nothing that would be a safety issue.

I agree on washing hands, that is just standard.  Pao is just awful.  And so is Juan,

• Love 7

Listen,  I have WEIRD overbearing in-laws.  When my first kid was born they came over EVERYDAY.  It was weird.  But I let them hold the baby and bond , bc it is good for my kid to have a healthy relationship with grandparents.  Unless you are dealing with toxicity or criminal unsafe behavior; you have to put the kid's good first and forget petty stupid stuff.

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Listen,  I have WEIRD overbearing in-laws.  When my first kid was born they came over EVERYDAY.  It was weird.  But I let them hold the baby and bond , bc it is good for my kid to have a healthy relationship with grandparents.  Unless you are dealing with toxicity or criminal unsafe behavior; you have to put the kid's good first and forget petty stupid stuff.

Pao doesn’t want to have a good relationship with Russ’s family and doesn’t want “her baby” to either. I guarantee she snd her mom will speak only Spanish in front of MIL, with smirking and giggling. And if Russ confronts her, she’ll play stupid and then cry about how stressed she’s been since the miscarriage worrying about whether or not her baby would be healthy. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Of course, that's why she is awful.  She can't put her child's well being first and give him a positive relationship with his other set of grandparents.  She's totally embroiled in being petty for the sake of pettiness. Roose chose her so I hope he sees how that is going to affect the rest of his life.  I still don't have the absolute best relationship with my in-laws, but I'd never let my kids know how I feel about that.  They have a set of allies in their life that only enrich it; it doesn't matter how I feel about petty stuff.  I'm an adult and I can over look stupid things.  If there was something truly awful or toxic; it would be different, but I'm not going to let my kids not have a relationship with their grandparents b/c my mother in law doesn't think before she says stupid things, ya know.

• Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

My former in laws were weird but not in an overbearing way.  When I was pregnant with my first son, she asked me:  "So should I buy a crib and highchair for my house?"  I was like, no, why would you do that, lol?  They were all socially awkward but harmless. 

Edited to add: my ex's oldest brother had a wife who was (and still is) a bit psycho.  When she had her son 12 years earlier, she was was Pao - and did not care for our mother in law.  At all.  So I think my (then) mother in law was looking for a fresh start with me.  I was all about sharing, but I was also like, "Look we are not going to be over here THAT much to warrant a crib."

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Full disclosure: Never been a fan of MaRoose, but in the race to The Absolute Bottom- Pao WINS!  I was in horror when she bent her Moms ear - while Russ was getting his Mom at the airport- about how horribly she’d been treated by his family. #1 she does not care that this will be shown to them and live in infamy; #2 she poisoned the well where her own mother is concerned- she will NEVER like MaRoose because she was “mean” to Pao.  Wow!  I knew they were both horrid with all the Juan Smirking, but, this was just too much!  Pao knew that she needed her Mom on Her Side AGAINST MaRoose and pulled out all the guns to make that happen.  

MaPao gave MaRoose the Stink Eye and didn’t even try to act civil with her.  MaRoose walking into that was so cringy!  Thanks Pao!!!   

Pao is Gleefully Getting Back At MaRoose for all of the Midwestern slights she received- what Pao doesn’t realize ( At least I hope she doesn’t) is that she is HURTING RUSS, and that is too sad for words.  Russ gave  her a baby and has stuck with her while she puts him through hell- he deserves some Loyalty.  First things first, Russ needs to Get A  Beautiful Best Friend (maybe one of Pao’s Girls from Miami?) who insults  Pao —and let us watch the fireworks.

Edited by Eme
Russ’s real name should be spelled correctly....
  • Love 9
On 7/3/2019 at 10:00 PM, iwasish said:

i did read somewhere that she been complaining that the baby is interfering with her espicy life, she can’t get out to the clubs and dancing like before and that’s hard for her. So she seems to have done a 180. 

IMO shes just a selfish, nasty piece of work. 

I read that too. She’s so transparent and is weaponising the baby.

• Love 7
On 7/5/2019 at 7:07 PM, doyouevengohere said:

Of course, that's why she is awful.  She can't put her child's well being first and give him a positive relationship with his other set of grandparents.  She's totally embroiled in being petty for the sake of pettiness. Roose chose her so I hope he sees how that is going to affect the rest of his life.  I still don't have the absolute best relationship with my in-laws, but I'd never let my kids know how I feel about that.  They have a set of allies in their life that only enrich it; it doesn't matter how I feel about petty stuff.  I'm an adult and I can over look stupid things.  If there was something truly awful or toxic; it would be different, but I'm not going to let my kids not have a relationship with their grandparents b/c my mother in law doesn't think before she says stupid things, ya know.

Same here, in fact when I had my first we were hardly speaking. I just sucked it up for my husband. There has been a thawing of relations with mil, strangely though we do bond over 90 day fiancé. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Eme said:

Full disclosure: Never been a fan of MaRoose, but in the race to The Absolute Bottom- Pao WINS!  I was in horror when she bent her Moms ear - while Russ was getting his Mom at the airport- about how horribly she’d been treated by his family. #1 she does not care that this will be shown to them and live in infamy; #2 she poisoned the well where her own mother is concerned- she will NEVER like MaRoose because she was “mean” to Pao.  Wow!  I knew they were both horrid with all the Juan Smirking, but, this was just too much!  Pao knew that she needed her Mom on Her Side AGAINST MaRoose and pulled out all the guns to make that happen.  

MaPao gave MaRoose the Stink Eye and didn’t even try to act civil with her.  MaRoose walking into that was so cringy!  Thanks Pao!!!   

Pao is Gleefully Getting Back At MaRoose for all of the Midwestern slights she received- what Pao doesn’t realize ( At least I hope she doesn’t) is that she is HURTING RUSS, and that is too sad for words.  Russ gave  her a baby and has stuck with her while she puts him through hell- he deserves some Loyalty.  First things first, Russ needs to Get A  Beautiful Best Friend (maybe one of Pao’s Girls from Miami?) who insults  Pao —and let us watch the fireworks.

Russ has the personality of a wet noodle, I was shocked to find out he had any friends at all.

But wet noodle or not, he deserves a shred of respect.  

10 hours ago, Angry Moldolvian said:

I read that too. She’s so transparent and is weaponising the baby.

She really is.  She directly said it on TV.  Russ's mom was "mean" to Pao years ago, so she can't hold the baby.  

There is literally nothing else worthwhile or interesting about Pao besides axel.  Especially if she can't lose the baby weight.  

She isn't funny, she isn't nice, she isn't witty, she isn't intelligent, and doesnt have a pretty face.  She had a nice body and that was it.  She gets off on being a mean girl and a bully a la her behavior towards anfisa.

Juan is her friend because she is a "pretty girl" who will be bitchy with him.  But if she can't get back to being pretty, he is going to find another girl to Kiki with .

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Russ has the personality of a wet noodle, I was shocked to find out he had any friends at all.

But wet noodle or not, he deserves a shred of respect.  

She really is.  She directly said it on TV.  Russ's mom was "mean" to Pao years ago, so she can't hold the baby.  

There is literally nothing else worthwhile or interesting about Pao besides axel.  Especially if she can't lose the baby weight.  

She isn't funny, she isn't nice, she isn't witty, she isn't intelligent, and doesnt have a pretty face.  She had a nice body and that was it.  She gets off on being a mean girl and a bully a la her behavior towards anfisa.

Juan is her friend because she is a "pretty girl" who will be bitchy with him.  But if she can't get back to being pretty, he is going to find another girl to Kiki with .

Pao has made herself a villain to the entire world by her narcissistic disgusting behavior on this show. She is an old fat fame whore, "has been" or maybe more accurately "never was". I really hope she reads these blogs. Peo needs to sell her ego on Letgo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Yeah. Pao and not letting anyone hold the baby. Wow. 

Look, I doubt very much that I'd enjoy having Roos' mom as an in-law, and I'd probably be very happy that I wasn't living in the same city as her. We'd probably have personality conflicts, and though I'm not exactly spicy, she seems very sheltered and conservative. 

HOWEVER....she's not a horrible person who would ever do anything to harm her grandson. I'd hand her the kid, put a smile on my face for a few days or weeks, be pleasant to keep the peace, and try to get to know her a bit more. A mature adult would realize that she's there to meet her grandson and help out, not to try and take over or do any other such BS. She literally lives hundreds of miles away, so it's not like she's really going to have some huge influence on little Axel in the long run anyway. Live and let live, Pao - it goes both ways. Let her hold the baby and then be happy when she leaves (but keep those thoughts to yourself). 

• Love 10

I wish they would give these two the boot from the show.  They were on the very first season.  And then they were sorta cute.  Now it's just boring and no one cares to see Pao act mean and hateful.  I always have felt that Pao creates drama to stay on the show (keep her only steady paycheck coming in) .  She probably only had a baby so that it would give them new material.  I'm sure if they are featured again it will be all about how a young (haha) spicy mami has trouble adjusting to motherhood and her new body and not going clubbing while being mean to her husband and his family b/c it's so so hard.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

If Pao was smart, she'd hand Axel off to Patty the minute he had a poopy diaper. 

That is probably the only time she will get to touch the baby.  And Pao will make a huge deal of it.  She really just wants a maid and I'm sure it tickles her to have Russ's mom as her personal servant.

• Love 4
On 7/12/2019 at 9:21 AM, Hannah94 said:

Pao has made herself a villain to the entire world by her narcissistic disgusting behavior on this show. She is an old fat fame whore, "has been" or maybe more accurately "never was". I really hope she reads these blogs. Peo needs to sell her ego on Letgo.

Exactly. Never was.

Boring.

• Love 7

It gives people so much happiness to hold a baby. You'd have to be a horrible person indeed to deny someone that. When my son was born I was working at a grad school. I had tons of friends among the students (I was in the Registrar's/Student Services office, I knew everyone!). I was on maternity leave all spring, but I went to graduation and took him with me. I was walking around with him after lunch, saying hello to people and meeting their families. One friend was Vietnamese-American girl, who was there with her entire extended family, including her tiny, adorable grandmother. Grandma spoke no English. She whispered to my friend in Vietnamese. She turned to me and said "My grandma would like to know if she can hold your baby". I said "sure!" and handed him over. She was so happy! Its nice to hold a baby. Its nice to give an adorable grandma a chance to hold a baby. Pao is a witch.

• Love 14
(edited)

Does anybody here believe for a second that Pao is truly suffering from some kind of anxiety about letting other people hold the baby? I just finished watching Pillow Talk and they all seem to be buying her BS. I think she knows it's something that some women experience, and she conveniently incorporated it into her act to keep Russ' mom from holding/bonding with the baby. Everything she does seems like an act or manipulation, with the smirking and controlling behavior. And I also don't believe for a second that "she won't even let her mother hold the baby" - I just do not believe it. I think Russ told his mom that so she wouldn't take it personally and be hurt by it.

Edited by Teri313
Just moved a sentence for clarity.
  • Love 13

Nothing Pao does is sincere. She's a cartoon character now. First she was the fiery Latina party girl. Now she's going to be the Dedicated, Sacrificing Mother. That poor baby will pay with guilt for his entire life--for ruining her figure, for taking her from her--ahem--"career", for causing the rift between her and her husband to grow ever wider.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Nothing Pao does is sincere. She's a cartoon character now. First she was the fiery Latina party girl. Now she's going to be the Dedicated, Sacrificing Mother. That poor baby will pay with guilt for his entire life--for ruining her figure, for taking her from her--ahem--"career", for causing the rift between her and her husband to grow ever wider.

At least she can't blame him for driving her mother-in-law away.

• LOL 4
On 7/21/2019 at 5:09 PM, Teri313 said:

Does anybody here believe for a second that Pao is truly suffering from some kind of anxiety about letting other people hold the baby? I think she knows it's something that some women experience, and she conveniently incorporated it into her act to keep Russ' mom from holding/bonding with the baby. Everything she does seems like an act or manipulation, with the smirking and controlling behavior. I just finished watching Pillow Talk and they all seem to be buying her BS about not feeling comfortable letting others hold the baby. And I also don't believe for a second that "she won't even let her mother hold the baby" - I just do not believe it. I think Russ told his mom that so she wouldn't take it personally and be hurt by it.

Pao is scarily desperate for attention.

I absolutely believe that her reluctance to let anyone hold axel is a way to get attention.  First, if pao is holding the baby then axel isn't getting all the attention, Pao is getting some too.  Second, you have to kiss pao's ass to hold the baby.....MORE attention for Pao!  Then you have to wait with baited breath while Pao decides if your ass kissing has been satisfactory enough to allow you to hold the baby....all eyes on Pao again!  Fantastic!!

She will be using that child as a prop for the rest of his life.  Good luck in life axel!

• Love 8

She’s not happy now that Russ is traveling and she’s stuck 24/7 with Axel. Suddenly she wants to work on her cuh-reer as  “happy to drop her top but  slightly over the hill Latina model” 

• Love 4

I don't hate Pao, because I think Russ got exactly what he wanted with her.  He knew the way she was before they married.  Like Coltee, he wanted a "Latina Sex Doll." Fetishization, and now Russ is like, "What did I get myself into?"   

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't hate Pao, because I think Russ got exactly what he wanted with her.  He knew the way she was before they married.  Like Coltee, he wanted a "Latina Sex Doll." Fetishization, and now Russ is like, "What did I get myself into?"   

I agree that Russ got what he wanted.  He barely puts up a token resistance when Pao behaves cruelly towards him.

I still find her annoying and attention starved in a way that isn't amusing.  She just isn't witty or fun or someone I find sympathetic or rootable.  

I think it started with her asshole-y mean girl comments to anfisa.  Anfisa has her problems, but Pao, ever desperate for some camera time, decided to mean girl it up with Jorge.  It just rubbed me wrong.  

And this year with her endlessly being shitty to Russ's parents and family rubbed me wrong too. Maybe Russ wants a woman who will keep his balls in her purse, but maybe try to respect other people. She hates Patty, allright fine.  Refuse to have the shower in Oklahoma.  But don't have everyone waiting for hours because you had to get your nails done?  And how much of those fumes are you supposed to breathe in while pregnant?

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 10
On 7/23/2019 at 10:10 AM, iwasish said:

She’s not happy now that Russ is traveling and she’s stuck 24/7 with Axel. Suddenly she wants to work on her cuh-reer as  “happy to drop her top but  slightly over the hill Latina model” 

Ha! RIght? Now she doesn't mind someone else holding him. Didn't take long at all. A few days alone with a crying baby can do that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

Did she say they have to live a part  for a while, or did I hear wrong?

Maybe she meant they had to live a "part" so that they could stay on the show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Breastfeeding to me isn't a big deal; like I'm not scandalized by it. Your baby is hungry; feed your baby. In Pao's case I just find it amusing; like her chief concern is "is anyone watching?" and if not, "let me expose the other breast so they will watch" and also " let me pose like I'm taking a break in a workout so someone else can take a picture of me breastfeeding and I can post it on social media and act like I really care about normalizing breastfeeding. How do my boobs look? BOOOBS! Did everyone see my boobs and how much i'm a fit mom????"

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Did they say last night where Axel was during filming of the Tell All? He obviously wasn't offstage or she would have brought him out like Libby did with Eleanor. Was he at the hotel or home in Florida? Anyway, SOMEBODY ELSE MUST HAVE BEEN HOLDING HIM! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

In Pao's case I just find it amusing; like her chief concern is "is anyone watching?" and if not, "let me expose the other breast so they will watch" and also " let me pose like I'm taking a break in a workout so someone else can take a picture of me breastfeeding and I can post it on social media and act like I really care about normalizing breastfeeding. How do my boobs look? BOOOBS! Did everyone see my boobs and how much i'm a fit mom????"

ITA! Pao is such a famewhore, everything she does is "for the camera." I'm not knocking public breastfeeding at all, but I think she's exploiting it for her cuh-reer purposes. I wouldn't be surprised if her sudden insistence on having a home birth came about after she found out there would be filming restrictions at the hospital or birthing center. 

• Love 9

I'm surprised she didn't breastfeed onstage during the tell nothing. and accidently let her other  boob make an appearance.  Breastfeeding is fine and if she had to do it then it's fine and normal do it, but with Pao it would have been a "look at me! I'm so amazing! Boobs!" moment.

• Love 5