Type keyword(s) to search

Russ and Paola: You're the Only Juan for Me

• Start Topic

I think Russ and Pao are hoping for a reality show on TLC, just like Jorge and Anfisa.

I also think the making fun of accents needs to stop, it's okay not to like Pao because she's a wannabe Sofia Vergara clone, but her accent is her accent.

• Love 4

From her FB page, dated July 5th:

I hope this photo gets your attention! 
Frequently asked questions:

* Did my husband ever get over me taking photos like this? Well, yes an no but it doesn’t affect him as much as some of you. He accepts me, loves me and respects me the way I am and lets me work even when he is not 100% comfortable. We fight and we make up. Girls talk like never they fight with their spouses ? talking about me not being a “good wife” just because the gigs I take are “too sexy” but let’s be honest, none of you have seen photos of me completely naked or rumors of me being unfaithful to my husband. My only “sin” is my work ? God will be the only one judging me, not wanna be perfects!

* Why do I not end up my friendship with Juan? It is easy to say it but you wouldn't call it a friendship if you don't care about someone after 16 years of friendship and without trying to make it work. I don't have many friends, maybe because I don't trust people that easy and I am ok with that but giving up part of my life and past isn't easy for me. I love my husband but I also love my friends. My life didn't end when I got married, it was the beginning of a new chapter.

* My “delusional” modeling and acting career. This is one is easy. I really don’t know why people care so much if I model or act at my age. Is it your business if I succeed or fail? No. Is it your life? No. I'm living my life to the fullest and I'm having so much fun with all that I do! My conscience is clear and clean ❤️ Just happy that I'm doing great and I’m chasing my dreams 

First bolding:  No, I really don't fight like that, and I NEVER say "I CAN'T STAND TO LOOK AT YOU!!!" and storm off nor does he talk that way to me

Per the second bolding: Yes, I would if that man gave my hubby the finger and was downright MEAN to him.

Per her career - Oh Pao......

I saw a rerun where she came down to breakfast in next to nothing.  Okay, look, when I was staying with my in laws I came to breakfast FULLY DRESSED, not in my underwear.  

• Love 5
On 6/11/2018 at 2:07 PM, LilaFowler said:

He'll eventually grow another pair and realize that she's manipulated him into living a life that he doesn't like. Hopefully he won't waste too many years on her.

I think Russ is still dazzled by the sex this spicy latina is giving him. Pao must rock his world in the bedroom. He probably has never had it so hot living in his religious OK town and she knows it. After all, sex is the only thing she's good for I'm sure. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Russ is still dazzled by the sex this spicy latina is giving him. Pao must rock his world in the bedroom. He probably has never had it so hot living in his religious OK town and she knows it. After all, sex is the only thing she's good for I'm sure. 

Well, I think that's why Russ married her.  He probably has this Sofia Vergara/Jessica Rabbit fantasy and Pao fills every fantasy.  I mean he probably could never find a woman in the US who looks like Pao and would want to marry him.

I think the reason Pao has not ended her friendship with Juan is because she doesn't believe she and Russ will stay married forever.  I mean if you get married and think, "this is forever' and one of your friends insults your spouse, you cut that friend off, even if it's a relative, because your spouse is forever.  But if you don't believe it'll be forever, then you won't cut that friendship off because you'll need your friends when your marriage breaks up.  And Pao knows eventually it will. 

I was wondering if it's a bit racist to call Pao a "spicy Latina" but, I think in this case no, because Pao is trying to fill that stereotypical role.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

yes, don't underestimate the power of the vagina, as my great grandmother used to say!  Guys are very easy to sway, especially when we are young and desperate. When you've been in the 'desert' since the teenage years, you are gonna stick around that beautiful oasis for as long as you can. It will take some years for Russ to realize she's not the only hot chick in the sea and to let his confidence grow after the mystery of women in general is over ( he works on his career, looks, etc). But for now McPao is good enough!

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, BabyDaddy said:

yes, don't underestimate the power of the vagina, as my great grandmother used to say!  Guys are very easy to sway, especially when we are young and desperate. When you've been in the 'desert' since the teenage years, you are gonna stick around that beautiful oasis for as long as you can. It will take some years for Russ to realize she's not the only hot chick in the sea and to let his confidence grow after the mystery of women in general is over ( he works on his career, looks, etc). But for now McPao is good enough!

So true, look at all the beautiful women in show biz whose marriages end because their husbands chest. Hell JayZ stepped out on the Queen B. Beautiful rich and sexy means nothing, when a guy wants to cheat he’ll cheat. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BabyDaddy said:

I wish that your Gram was able to host the tell all. She would cut through a lot of the nonsense. Did she have any other words of wisdom?

Y'all have to remember that Russ was a good looking, successful young man when he met Pao. She wasn't out of his league at all. He is less attractive now because she has him in that awful hairdo and his spirit has been crushed by Pao 's vicious cocktail of gaslighting and indifference

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

I wish that your Gram was able to host the tell all. She would cut through a lot of the nonsense. Did she have any other words of wisdom?

Y'all have to remember that Russ was a good looking, successful young man when he met Pao. She wasn't out of his league at all. He is less attractive now because she has him in that awful hairdo and his spirit has been crushed by Pao 's vicious cocktail of gaslighting and indifference

What’s worse is his following her around like a whipped puppy.

she can’t stand his “ babe this” “  babe that”? I can’t stand her “amor” “ Mi amor” 

• Love 4
On 7/28/2018 at 2:42 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

From her FB page, dated July 5th:

I don't have many friends, maybe because I don't trust people that easy and I am ok with that but giving up part of my life and past isn't easy for me. I love my husband but I also love my friends. My life didn't end when I got married, it was the beginning of a new chapter.

Maybe you don't have many friends because you are a bitch?  I know there are celebrities who have trouble trusting new friends because they never know if the person is genuine, or just trying to get close, but Pao's notoriety was all of 5 minutes ago and the only people who would want to be her friend because of this show would be pretty easy to spot because of their lack of awareness of the world.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

Maybe you don't have many friends because you are a bitch?  I know there are celebrities who have trouble trusting new friends because they never know if the person is genuine, or just trying to get close, but Pao's notoriety was all of 5 minutes ago and the only people who would want to be her friend because of this show would be pretty easy to spot because of their lack of awareness of the world.

So true, who would want to be friends with a mean girl like Pao? 

All that flouncing off stage in a snit wasn’t for any reason other than to strut her ass in front of the cameras.

And her threats to Anfisa “has that girl seen me lift?” Lift what? Your top? A big ole glass of wine?  Please, Anfisa would clean the floor with that Kool-aid mop on your head.

• Love 19

Roos was sporting a Florida Marlins hat in that photo - gotta support your new home team, there Roos!!

18 minutes ago, iwasish said:

So true, who would want to be friends with a mean girl like Pao? 

I wouldn't be friends with her, ever.  You can always tell a guy by the company he keeps as friends, and the same goes for ladies, too:  Her mean BFF in Colombia told us everything we need to know about her.  I keep a circle of friends that do NOT give my hubby the finger, thanks.  Or condescend to him.  Then again, he is a six foot seven manly man who is a part time gunsmith so he would have broke BFF in two like a twig.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, EllaDisco said:

I disliked her from her very first episode. That sweet act did not fool me. I'm not sure if we've actually heard her say "I just get along with guys better" but we know she thinks it. That was a cool thing to say back when you were 16 and trying to be enviable and hot, but as an adult it just makes you a twat.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I disliked her from her very first episode. That sweet act did not fool me. I'm not sure if we've actually heard her say "I just get along with guys better" but we know she thinks it. That was a cool thing to say back when you were 16 and trying to be enviable and hot, but as an adult it just makes you a twat.

She probably meant to say “I just get along better with gays”

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/27/2018 at 4:39 PM, Neurochick said:

I think Russ and Pao are hoping for a reality show on TLC, just like Jorge and Anfisa.

I also think the making fun of accents needs to stop, it's okay not to like Pao because she's a wannabe Sofia Vergara clone, but her accent is her accent.

I respectfully disagree. These forums are for snarking and making fun of these people who have chosen to put their personal lives on public display for money.  Their accents are fair game. None of the 90 dayers  is off limits. We poke fun at foreign and domestic accents alike.  Think Danielle and her lazy, Midwestern accent or whatever it is she speaks.  Also, an accent is not permanent.  Through practice in proper pronunciation, Pao could vastly improve her speech and be better understood.  Same for Danielle.  Take Anfisa.  Her speech is very clear easily understood, with little discernable or distracting accent.  

ETA:  To be clear, IRL I would NEVER mock some one because of an accent.  I am patient and kind to people who are not native English speakers.  Actually, I don't mock any "real" person for any reason. But the 90 dayers are fair game  

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 19
28 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

I respectfully disagree. These forums are for snarking and making fun of these people who have chosen to put their personal lives on public display for money.  Their accents are fair game. None of the 90 dayers  is off limits. We poke fun at foreign and domestic accents alike.  Think Danielle and her lazy, Midwestern accent or whatever it is she speaks.  Also, an accent is not permanent.  Through practice in proper pronunciation, Pao could vastly improve her speech and be better understood.  Same for Danielle.  Take Anfisa.  Her speech is very clear easily understood, with little discernable or distracting accent.  

And I’ll bet Pao exaggerates it to the hilt, when it serves her purpose. 

Put your life and your business and idiotic life choices on display for money and our entertainment, I feel free to mock or snark on any or all of it. This tell all show  proved that even other cast mates that are blind to their own poor choices can see snark worthiness in the others. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

ETA:  To be clear, IRL I would NEVER mock some one because of an accent.  I am patient and kind to people who are not native English speakers.  Actually, I don't mock any "real" person for any reason. But the 90 dayers are fair game  

Exactly! I'm an equal opportunity snarker. My favorite accent to talk in is Mohamed's. 

• Love 7
On 7/25/2018 at 11:06 AM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

So are we going to tormented by another season of them on 90DF??? This time Pao's theme will be how the pregnancy has ruined her cuh-reer, and the baby is taking up too much of her time and always needing something.

maybe the Baby will have a Kar rear!!!

• Love 4

I am so sick of Pao telling Russ it is over and her running away when she is done talking.  This "baby want" (my ex sister in law coined that saying), seems like the next thing that she can get attention from, that calendar did nothing for her cah-reer and none of those photo shoots she paid for helped so now...let's get pregnant.

All of them just get up and walk out when they are discussing or fighting as some sort of defense mechanism and I think that speaks volumes about their maturity levels.  If your dating relationship is hard and you are fighting at the beginning why go further?

• Love 5
On 7/31/2018 at 7:56 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I am so sick of Pao telling Russ it is over and her running away when she is done talking.  This "baby want" (my ex sister in law coined that saying), seems like the next thing that she can get attention from, that calendar did nothing for her cah-reer and none of those photo shoots she paid for helped so now...let's get pregnant.

All of them just get up and walk out when they are discussing or fighting as some sort of defense mechanism and I think that speaks volumes about their maturity levels.  If your dating relationship is hard and you are fighting at the beginning why go further?

I agree 100% with this whole post.  I am kinda sad that little Roos Jr will someday lookup footage of his parents yelling and saying "I CAN'T STAND TO LOOK AT YOU!" but then getting pregnant.  "Oh Sonny, we deed eet all for yoooo.  The moneeee!"

Yes to the fighting crap - really?  That is how you solve stuff?  Get up and walk away?  Every? Damn? Time???  When you are fighting that much now - how will getting married fix that?

• Love 5
Just now, Horrified said:

A clever poster (southernms) over at Reddit posted "twin flames" - a picture of Pao next to a picture of Jodi Arias.  Uncanny...............and now I can't unsee it.

Jodi Pao.jpg

omg stop. I can't unsee it either.  while Pao isn't one I'd pick to wind up on Snapped, she can definitely be a Jodi Arias face double.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

omg stop. I can't unsee it either.  while Pao isn't one I'd pick to wind up on Snapped, she can definitely be a Jodi Arias face double.  

Maybe they'll do a mini-series on how Jodi slaughtered Travis Alexander on a Spanish station, and Pao can play Jodi.  If I were Russ, I wouldn't be taking a shower after an argument with her.

• Love 9

Just found this fabulous dumpster fire. I am watching the follow up and Pao/Paolo is ignorant, selfish, and lazy. She is in her 30s and chasing a modeling career because she is too fucking lazy to get a real job. And the blond hair is horrible. Why the shit did she color her naturally black hair blond? Gross. Poor Russ; he is too dumb to realize she is using him and fucking him for a green card. I wonder how many times that skank cheated on Russ when she moved to Miami by herself and he stayed in OK and paid all their bills in both states? RUN, RUSS!

• Love 3

Just read the US Weekly article that these two idiots will be on this new season. That makes me not want to watch. These two famewhores will still be on this damn show when they are 80. I think they've made it their cuh-REAR. Seriously CAN NOT STAND them, especially Pao. Their drama is not entertaining. Guess I'm just gonna have to fast forward through their scenes to The Family Chantel.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Just read the US Weekly article that these two idiots will be on this new season. That makes me not want to watch. These two famewhores will still be on this damn show when they are 80. I think they've made it their cuh-REAR. Seriously CAN NOT STAND them, especially Pao. Their drama is not entertaining. Guess I'm just gonna have to fast forward through their scenes to The Family Chantel.

Yeah, I'm out of this one.  Don't care about Roos and his Espicey wife.  Don't care about Nicole.  And I sure as heck am not down for Larissa and Coltee.  I was interested in Family Chantal, but I will just need to have this forum fill me in, because I ain't watching.

• Love 4

@funky-rat I feel the same way, but, (I know this is pathetic!) I've been missing the show so much. I can't deal with Sister Wives so haven't watched it. Sundays just aren't the same without 90DF and the snark in this forum. So I will watch it, but it really pisses me off that they included Russ and Pao since most people can't stand them. 

Maybe they can't get other couples interested in HEA. Where are Annie and David? There are other couples I would have much preferred to see. I swear Pao probably got pregnant for a story line. 

Edited by RedBagWithMakeup
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

@funky-rat I feel the same way, but, (I know this is pathetic!) I've been missing the show so much. I can't deal with Sister Wives so haven't watched it. Sundays just aren't the same without 90DF and the snark in this forum. So I will watch it, but it really pisses me off that they included Russ and Pao since most people can't stand them. 

Maybe they can't get other couples interested in HEA. Where are Annie and David? There are other couples I would have much preferred to see. I swear Pao probably got pregnant for a story line. 

The non-famewhore people aren't interested, and they're the ones I'd rather see.  😢

• Love 4
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

The non-famewhore people aren't interested, and they're the ones I'd rather see.  😢

But, but, you'll miss the nude pregnancy photo shoot (which you know she had and you know we'll see.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, DaphneCat said:

But, but, you'll miss the nude pregnancy photo shoot (which you know she had and you know we'll see.)

Was it espicey, and culturally significant?  And put on a calendar?  Did she include Juan?  Not sure if I truly want to know.....

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 3/20/2019 at 10:49 AM, DaphneCat said:

On 3/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, funky-rat said:

Was it espicey, and culturally significant?  And put on a calendar?  Did she include Juan?  Not sure if I truly want to know.....

PUKE!!!! No thank you! Does anyone know why Annie and David weren't included? They are semi-famewhorish but tolerable to watch. I mean at this point, there are a lot of options that do not involve Russ and POW.

• Love 1

I've come to realize that these reality shows are best during the first couple of years. After that, production starts directing the plot lines too much, and the people start getting big egos. Then they get a taste of z-list celebrity, start making money from social media due to the number of followers they have, and it all becomes stupid and predictable.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Does anyone know why Annie and David weren't included? They are semi-famewhorish but tolerable to watch. 

He was most likely to get a real job, so maybe his employer wouldn't give him time off for filming for fear people would find out where he worked and start avoiding the place.

Or he's still working for Chris, and Chris got tired of all the negative press.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

He was most likely to get a real job, so maybe his employer wouldn't give him time off for filming for fear people would find out where he worked and start avoiding the place.

Or he's still working for Chris, and Chris got tired of all the negative press.

Can I just say how much I've missed you ladies??? When does this crapfest begin? Hopefully we don't have to wait til May.

Maybe they were all holding out for more $$$ than TLC was willing to pay.

• Love 4
On 7/25/2018 at 4:20 PM, monagatuna said:

That's not really what a tattoo removal looks like, in my experience. It's scabby and gross. That looks kind of like a brand, tbh (although very healed). I really doubt it'd be a brand, though, that's a bit hardcore for this woman. My guess would be some sort of character band-aid in a flesh tone, or covered with makeup. 

I am so not here for these two on the next season, if that's what they're angling for. I am not interested in watching Paola dress up her espicy baby in hoochie clothes. They are so, so boring.

I skipped a few seasons of 90DF after the Danielle mess. Is she the one that kept saying "TAS TAS TAS!"?

Smallpox vaccination? 

• Love 2

I watched the 2 hour recap in about an hour (ff thru all the "modeling" and the Juan crap) because I missed the first season of these two. I didn't think it was possible to like Paola any less, but she was obnoxious and self centered from day 1. Starting with the as-mentioned half naked breakfast entrance to the slutty trashy see-through wedding dress that she coveted... oy.... Ross was clearly in lust with the 'espicy Latina' when they first met.  Hoping a baby will give her something else to focus on and knock a chunk off her insufferable ego.

Edited by lizajane
description of Fredericks of Hollywood attire
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, lizajane said:

I watched the 2 hour recap in about an hour (ff thru all the "modeling" and the Juan crap) because I missed the first season of these two. I didn't think it was possible to like Paola any less, but she was obnoxious and self centered from day 1. Starting with the as-mentioned half naked breakfast entrance to the slutty trashy see-through wedding dress that she coveted... oy.... Ross was clearly in lust with the 'espicy Latina' when they first met.  Hoping a baby will give her something else to focus on and knock a chunk off her insufferable ego.

Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes her to start a "modelling cuhrear" for the baby?  She's going to be a stage mom....big-time.  Next move will be to Hollywood.  🙄

• Love 3
On 4/24/2019 at 6:37 AM, funky-rat said:

Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes her to start a "modelling cuhrear" for the baby?  She's going to be a stage mom....big-time.  Next move will be to Hollywood.  🙄

You are probably right! That poor child.

• Love 1
On 3/21/2019 at 2:18 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I've come to realize that these reality shows are best during the first couple of years. After that, production starts directing the plot lines too much, and the people start getting big egos. Then they get a taste of z-list celebrity, start making money from social media due to the number of followers they have, and it all becomes stupid and predictable.

I truly do not understand the whole z-list celebrity thing.  For any of them. 

I saw a picture of Ashley and jay at a fashion show.  Like, what?  What does a designer possibly gain by having them at their fashion show?  Yes, I guess maybe their clothing gets in the background of a picture that will make it on to people.com?  You can't possibly think that's going to turn into any sort of profit, right?

I have my show favorites, and maybe I could understand anfisa or Chantal being a good investment for like a weight loss product or something.

Even pao, like okay, if she gets that fast snapback body that's a thing now maybe she is a good spokesperson for a diet plan, a weight loss supplement or a workout plan.  But other than that, like why?

But like Jonathan and whatshername and the pashmina, like what?  How.do either of them help move $150 pashminas?

• Love 3

Fame is its own sort of power*. A person can become "famous" for many different reasons. People are drawn to "famous" people. Said people "follow" the z-listers on social media and "like" their posts and pictures. Advertisers do not care who the person is (unless they do something heinous like Uncle Bad Touch on MTV), and so these folks generate income based on the number of followers and likes they get. 

*If you happen to be familiar with the book The 48 Laws of Power, number six is "court attention at all costs" http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-6-court-attention-at-all-cost.html   

---

There is also the aspect, which I've posted about before, in which people used to watch deformed people in circuses and watch public executions. People slow down to look at traffic accidents.  Reality TV is the modern outlet for these urges.

---

NPR's Hidden Brain podcast did an episode on the topic I mentioned in the first paragraph - its a good listen:  https://www.npr.org/2018/05/18/612037491/radio-replay-this-is-your-brain-on-ads

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 4