Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

"So, if I pay last month’s bill and this month’s, you will cut it back on?”  Evidently, the cable was turned off due to lack of payment.  Clearly, Danielle’s daughters love her unconditionally.  However, when they are adults, and like most kids who grew up in dysfunctional families, they are going to blame and resent her (not Mohamed) for all the crap they went through. Mark my words. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 9

Why are the utilities in Mo's name?? Methinks that the utilities have been shut off so many times and Dani has a big arrearage so they would no longer put her on the account so they put them in Mo's name. She has probably put them in her kids name's also. Don't get me wrong, Mo is a douchebag of the highest order, but Dani and her crappy finances are now going to follow him around. 

Poor Noon, I hope she is happier in Portland. 

• Love 16

I cracked up when he was like "the lawyer says I should not go but I think I should do whatever I want." I literally cracked up laughing. What a tool. A Green Card is a priveledge not a RIGHT buddy, if INS does not shitcan his Green Card I will be really disappointed. 

Exactly, if there was ever a sham of a marriage this is it.  Did Mo and Dani even have sex while they were married?  It is a shame for all the real couples out there, that he wouldn't be deported especially with all the deception documented on TV!  The worst thing is that Danielle would even still take him back and even put up with girlfriends or anything else. She needs to get some self respect and turn this guy in and turn on all her utilities in HER name, and while she is at it, change her locks.  I blame her more than him.  Everyone could see he was always a user.  Did she really think he was coming out here for HER. 

• Love 6

I really liked Russ and Pao in their original season, and I'm kind of sad to see where they are now. I remember how upset Pao was that Russ would have to be gone for quite a while for work soon after she arrived for her 90 days. I bet she'd be THRILLED to pack him a fuckin' lunch and send him off at this point.

I also had Loren pegged as having an autoimmune disorder. I also have one, and it's not something you can tell just by looking.  Her voice drills through my brain and annoys the shit out of me, though.

I live for Mo's bad decisions. I wonder if INS agents are chilling out at home, watching tv, then go to the office to get their arrests for the day and say, "NOT THIS TRICK AGAIN!!!"

• Love 6

Dani's financial issues are her own.  She totally is blaming Mo, but her utilities were under threat of being turned off before Mo even got to the U.S.; and she is trying to make it look like it's all his doing.  "He got the cable turned off..."  no, the cable hasn't been paid.  I agree that the utilities are probably in his name because they would no longer allow Dani to have an account.  I also resent Dani's attitude of 'he was supposed to help support my family' um, no-you are responsible for support your family.  Dani's daughters are not Mo's daughters, and she wasn't able to support them before she married Mo.  I am not a fan of Mo's by any means, but Dani is great at trying to deflect all blame on Mo.  I did appreciate that they showed the clip of Mo asking her why she never let him know that her finances were so bad.  So, does anyone know how Dani was able to financially qualify to even bring Mo to the U.S.?

• Love 17

The conversation regarding the cable the 'the electric' cracked me up.  The first daughter said 'Mom, the cable ain't workin'" and then Dani called the cable company and said something like "I'm callin' to see why ma cable ain't workin'".  Then the two other daughters had a perfectly articulate conversation regarding Mo.  The first daughter really got the short end of the stick as she seems to be Dani's doppelganger.  I feel horrible for the three of them that they're all fully aware their mom would pick Mo over their happiness.  Also, when they show Dani and her flushed fleshy friend driving around looking for Mo I have to turn away.  Dani looks like a partially blind fat creepy beaver desperately looking for a log to chew.

I felt really bad for Loren even though I haven't been a fan in the past.  Tourette's must be so hard on a kid and even though she put herself out there on television, it can't be easy to have people make fun of something you have no control over.

I thought that was so freaking sweet that Noon's husband picked up and left his city to make his wife feel safe.  She obviously loved being able to talk to others from her country.  I just got back from Portland and I think they'll do great there.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, greekmom said:

Russ and Pao. First of all the house I think is rented out by TLC and not their real home. When they showed a shot of the house, it looked like one of those real estate lock boxes was on the front door.

OT we still have the lockbox on our garden hose pipe 8 years later because the original real estate agent never came back to get it...I just feel like I would need a machete first and foremost over bolt cutters in the event of a zombie apocalypse but I can't be bothered to get either at the hardware store.  There's always Amazon but it's a scary thought to wonder what will come up on a search, "people looking at machetes and bolt cutters were also interested in..."

Dani is pathetic, if Mo apologized and came home after blondie is done using him for camera time, she would take him back.  She all but said it when they were staring at the blank tv screen.  Lack of cable probably would not be at the top of my list of in describing how "Mo done me wrong."

• Love 8

Dani and Mo are scammers of different sorts.  She really tried to use him and he used her right back.  I kind of love it.

The girl who went to Morocco - How can she be that stupid?  How can she not know she can't dress like that or kiss/hug.  I watched the guys face when she said they had sex.  It was a look of horror.  He does not like her at all.

Russian chick is telling the American guy who she is and he is being completely stupid.

• Love 5

I guess being teased when she was younger is still affecting Loren, because pretty much any adult response to somebody telling you they have some ticks due to a disorder would simply be "oh, ok".  It's...not that big of a deal.  Not saying she doesn't suffer or her life isn't affected by it, but it's far from scandalous. It's certainly nothing I'd feel the need to keep hidden from family members.  NOT telling people leads to exactly the response she got.

I have nothing against people owning firearms, but if Noon really is jumpy enough that she goes for her gun if a car backfires, I seriously hope she doesn't accidentally hurt someone or herself.  

Edited by moonbunnychan
  • Love 10

Loren took much worse criticisms for her other behaviors than the ones about her ticks, that I don't remember ever noticing. She was overly dramatic, clingy to "Sexy Lexi," and after he discussed with her that he found strippers to be disrespectful and didn't want to her go to one, she agreed she wouldn't, went anyway, and when he called, she made her friend tell him where they were. Her friend proceeded to tell him to get over it, and suggested to the camera that if he didn't want her to go to a stripper, maybe she should reconsider who she was marrying. She was lambasted pretty hard for that, with people suggesting that she could have refused to go in since she told him she wouldn't, and she tried to pass the buck to her friend. She seemed to be auditioning for her own show.

Dani and Mo were reality television lightening in a bottle. It was obvious to everyone that he just wanted a Green Card, and she seemed to think that once he got here, he would have to stay with her and put up with her past lies, then work and take care of her and the kids. She didn't expect the Facebook responses of women flirting and sending him money, which allowed him to run off whenever he wanted. I don't feel sorry for either of them. If he was legit and learned her financial lies when he got here, and that he wouldn't be able to support her debt, and then he decided to divorce her, I probably wouldn't care that he got to stay because the fraud would be on her. He learned her debt and that she was losing her job before they married, but did it anyway because he's a scammer, Fortunately for me, he's an idiot who won't listen to his attorney, and hopefully that will cause deportation. 

• Love 6

I am very disappointed that we missed another chance to have Paul Dolce, Esq., the lawyer from the Lord of the Rings you never knew you wanted, grace our television screens. I did enjoy how Mohamed blatantly ignored the lawyer's advice. 

Loren's Tourette's... I think she is a very immature person. I do not not see why Tourette's is something you would hide. Certainly it is better than his mom thinking she has a cocaine problem, like many did here. Her problem is not that Alexei is Israeli. It's that she hasn't matured since middle school. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Trampolina said:

The conversation regarding the cable the 'the electric' cracked me up.  The first daughter said 'Mom, the cable ain't workin'" and then Dani called the cable company and said something like "I'm callin' to see why ma cable ain't workin'".  Then the two other daughters had a perfectly articulate conversation regarding Mo.  The first daughter really got the short end of the stick as she seems to be Dani's doppelganger.  I feel horrible for the three of them that they're all fully aware their mom would pick Mo over their happiness.  Also, when they show Dani and her flushed fleshy friend driving around looking for Mo I have to turn away.  Dani looks like a partially blind fat creepy beaver desperately looking for a log to chew.

I felt really bad for Loren even though I haven't been a fan in the past.  Tourette's must be so hard on a kid and even though she put herself out there on television, it can't be easy to have people make fun of something you have no control over.

I thought that was so freaking sweet that Noon's husband picked up and left his city to make his wife feel safe.  She obviously loved being able to talk to others from her country.  I just got back from Portland and I think they'll do great there.

@Trampolina I felt the same as you when I saw Dani squinting and peering around in the car, I was so viscerally grossed out I had to turn away too! The poor woman can't help her looks, but her general unpleasantness, her gaucheness, her fatuous smugness, her stupidity, her classlessness, everything adds up to such a yucky package, that her unfortunate looks are just the cherry on top. 

In a way Loren is pretty courageous, she's pleased with herself and her life, she doesn't hide away, she apparently had a high profile job in NYC and she put herself out there on reality TV. Still don't like her though. I find her spoiled and demanding, she sucks the air out of the room.

Kyle and Noon are adorable and he is a great husband. Who knew? We all thought he was a slacker and kind of a dude bro, but he's turned out to be kind and thoughtful. Love them.

• Love 8

Why did Mohammed have to promise his Walmart buddy that his new relationship was purely platonic?  It was odd.  Does Loren have a job or is she now a professional bride?  Kyle and Noon...they actually love each other.  I could totally see him moving to Taiwan for her.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, escapetoreality said:

Well I was also disappointed with a new lawyer but I quickly looked him up and found that he is shady so that was satisfying.  

What shady things did you find out about the lawyer?

• Love 2

I don't have a problem with Alexei telling his mom about his wife's medical issue. That's his mom and I think it is natural and acceptable for a child to get counsel from their parents when they need it. 

Exactly! You know Loren tells her own parents anything she wants to. And it's not like this is some intimate sexual thing like HPV. A bunch of viewers here detected the tics.

NOT telling people leads to exactly the response she got.

This. Of course there are evil trolls on the internet, but you defuse this issue by being up front about it. She's acting like SHE is ashamed of it. If you treat it like some dreadful secret, that's how others will read it, too. This is a teenage way of dealing with a neurological condition.

• Love 4
On 9/19/2016 at 0:49 PM, poeticlicensed said:

Why are the utilities in Mo's name?? Methinks that the utilities have been shut off so many times and Dani has a big arrearage so they would no longer put her on the account so they put them in Mo's name. She has probably put them in her kids name's also. Don't get me wrong, Mo is a douchebag of the highest order, but Dani and her crappy finances are now going to follow him around. 

That was my first thought.  I used to work with a woman that did that.  I felt badly for her daughter because her credit was ruined by the time she was 16.  I am wondering how Faith was born to Dani.  She seems WAY too with it.  

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Forcereals said:

Dani is pathetic, if Mo apologized and came home after blondie is done using him for camera time, she would take him back.

This already happened! (minus the apology). Mo first hooked up with Blondie aka South Carolina mistress back in April 2015. He got busted for it on his second visit there....not by Dani, he got busted by NY mistress (aka Mistress #1). She was pissed but Dani was pleased: "he always comes back to me".....sporting a Herpes sore like a Scarlet Letter but still back, lol. Who could write this stuff as fiction? 

• Love 9

The latest attorney has an office in Sandusky (we saw the storefront) but when there were complaints to the Ohio bar by unhappy clients, it turned out that the Ohio bar had no jurisdiction over him as he was not a member of it.  He is supposedly a member of the federal bar in Ohio, but I would think clients would reasonably believe that a sole practitioner with a storefront practice in Ohio was admitted to practice in state court there and subject to the ethical regulations of that state's bar.  I don't think this would fly in Florida.

• Love 1
On 9/19/2016 at 5:47 PM, EverybodyIsACritic said:

I really liked Russ and Pao in their original season, and I'm kind of sad to see where they are now. I remember how upset Pao was that Russ would have to be gone for quite a while for work soon after she arrived for her 90 days. I bet she'd be THRILLED to pack him a fuckin' lunch and send him off at this point.

A case of "be careful what you ask for" maybe?

On 9/20/2016 at 7:40 AM, biakbiak said:

As someone who never picked up on Loren's tourettes not judging her for going on tv, she thought it was under control. I half watch this show do we know when Alex told his mom?

She said he told her on their wedding day.  So I can kinda see why that would upset her.  I'm not sure when she found out though. 

I can see why she's upset about it... unless his mom asked "why does Loren do all that weird stuff with her face?" There really is no reason to actually tell his mom.  I honestly never noticed her ticks. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, gunderda said:

She said he told her on their wedding day.  So I can kinda see why that would upset her.  I'm not sure when she found out though. 

Then I am fine with her being pissed. It wasn't when he just found out and researching. It was after he had processed and chose to move forward and knew it was a sensitive issue for her. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I'm also wondering how in the world Mo seemed to pick up a model-ish hot blonde??? Is Mo great at myspace angles or something?? Is this chick a secret psychopath?

I think she's one of his Facebook groupies who saw an opportunity to be on TV.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

I'm also wondering how in the world Mo seemed to pick up a model-ish hot blonde??? Is Mo great at myspace angles or something?? Is this chick a secret psychopath?

I am wondering how one could describe her as model-is or hot.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I am wondering how one could describe her as model-is or hot.

Compared to what Mo has been hanging around with it.... she's a lot of steps up from Dani.  And they also flashed some photos that looked to be modeling photos so that's why I said model-ish.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Mo saying he doesn't think immigration rules are fair and he should be able to do what he wants to do — on camera — proves he's an idiot.

I loved how the lawyer was just barely holding it together in front of him, trying to find a polite way to not flat out tell him he's a complete idiot.

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, Peanutbuttercup said:

Any lawyer who agrees to be filmed and broadcast while advising a client is shady, no matter how many waivers of the right to confidentiality the client signs. IMO of course.

I was trying to make out what his degree said, or what school it was from, on the wall behind him. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, gunderda said:

A case of "be careful what you ask for" maybe?

I can see why she's upset about it... unless his mom asked "why does Loren do all that weird stuff with her face?" There really is no reason to actually tell his mom.  I honestly never noticed her ticks. 

I only noticed that her mouth moves funny when she talks--not sure that is her tourretes or not. To me she is still a very annoying drama queen.

her eyelashes--I think she has eyelash extensions and they are very pretty, but not overly mascaraed which seems to be the current trend..

• Love 2
On 9/20/2016 at 3:36 PM, vmcd88 said:

Why did Mohammed have to promise his Walmart buddy that his new relationship was purely platonic?  It was odd.  

I am guessing based on the religious knick knacks in the scene behind Tom in last week's ep, and the crucifix on his rear view mirror and the sticker on the back window of his car that Wal Mart Tom is a very religious man and Mo had for once in his life interprets between the lines that he has some chaste rules and moral behavior expected of him by the Wal Mart Tom family. Plantonic my ass. 

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, AussieBabe said:

Pao and Russ -- I'm not familiar with them, but I like what I've seen of her. The NERF gun was suckish. It's from his childhood. That's such a tacky thing to do. Buy her a gift and make it something you want. I'm all for gag gifts, but he was serious with that. She seemed annoyed and rightfully so. I definitely would say move out of OK. How about some part of Texas or work offshore? 

I thought he was working off-shore prior?  I know he was in other countries as well - that's how he met her.  The way he dissed his employer on TV frequently did not have me surprised that he's out of work.  I'm on the fence about her.  I remember her on the last follow-up show leaving him for 3 or 5 months to go back to Brazil for her "shoe business".  I'm not sure they're balanced as a couple.  The Nerf Gun is something my husband would have done.  I am used to getting gifts that are not even close to what I want, but it's what he thinks I want. I learned to start giving him lists...with photos...and suggested places to buy.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:34 PM, Adeejay said:

"So, if I pay last month’s bill and this month’s, you will cut it back on?”  Evidently, the cable was turned off due to lack of payment.  Clearly, Danielle’s daughters love her unconditionally.  However, when they are adults, and like most kids who grew up in dysfunctional families, they are going to blame and resent her (not Mohamed) for all the crap they went through. Mark my words. 

Indeed.  My husband paid the bills while he was in high school because they were always getting shut off.  His mother made him quit all of the sports and activities he did to work 2 jobs to pay the electric, cable, and phone (her rationale being that he was the one who used them most....when he was never home).  There was a lot of abuse in the house too, but that's a burden he shouldn't have had at that age.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:49 PM, poeticlicensed said:

After my husband took off and never went back after graduation, his mom did this to his younger brother.  His credit was trashed.  I had to help him fix it.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:16 PM, Natalie68 said:

That was my first thought.  I used to work with a woman that did that.  I felt badly for her daughter because her credit was ruined by the time she was 16.  I am wondering how Faith was born to Dani.  She seems WAY too with it.  

I spent 7 years working for a 3rd party collection agency, in their front office answering phone, taking payments, etc.  It would slay me when parents would come in, freaking out that their 8 year old kid was getting bills in their name.  HELLO!  Who put it in their name to begin with.  Some of the professional deadbeats believed a long-standing rumor that if you put the stuff in the kids name, and then said they were a kid, then the bills would go away.  Doesn't happen.  It just gets put in the parents name, and depending on who the money is owed to, the original creditors file fraud charges.

• Love 3
On 9/19/2016 at 8:38 PM, seacliffsal said:

Dani's financial issues are her own.  She totally is blaming Mo, but her utilities were under threat of being turned off before Mo even got to the U.S.; and she is trying to make it look like it's all his doing.  "He got the cable turned off..."  no, the cable hasn't been paid.  I agree that the utilities are probably in his name because they would no longer allow Dani to have an account.  I also resent Dani's attitude of 'he was supposed to help support my family' um, no-you are responsible for support your family.  Dani's daughters are not Mo's daughters, and she wasn't able to support them before she married Mo.  I am not a fan of Mo's by any means, but Dani is great at trying to deflect all blame on Mo.  I did appreciate that they showed the clip of Mo asking her why she never let him know that her finances were so bad.  So, does anyone know how Dani was able to financially qualify to even bring Mo to the U.S.?

She had a co-sponsor.

What really bothers me is the time line.  I feel alot of the Mo/Dani drama or scenes are  re-enactments for tv.  Didn't he already come and gone with the Florida Floozie? Hasn't Mo received his green card?  I'm so confused with what we know with what we see on tv, I wish that the mods can set up a locked timeline that is updated by them with what has happened compared with what is happening on a week basis that is show on tv. Or just some timeline with dates. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

She had a co-sponsor.

What really bothers me is the time line.  I feel alot of the Mo/Dani drama or scenes are  re-enactments for tv.  Didn't he already come and gone with the Florida Floozie? Hasn't Mo received his green card?  I'm so confused with what we know with what we see on tv, I wish that the mods can set up a locked timeline that is updated by them with what has happened compared with what is happening on a week basis that is show on tv. Or just some timeline with dates. 

I wonder if that co-sponsor was a production team and not the more traditional family member helping out a relative?

• Love 1

Dani could've been a Stepford wife and treated him like a king, and he still would've had one foot out the door. He just won't say that he was never attracted to her and never loved her. He skirts around it and blames it on her. As bad as Dani is, she deserves to be happy and to be loved.

I agree that she deserves the be loved.   But Lord have mercy that woman needs to get some self awareness! I mean come on.  She is delusional beyond measure if she ever believed for one second that a young hot guy would want her for anything other than a green card.  She hangs all over him like a second skin (that he wants to crawl out of)! 

Edited by Trace
Compared Dani to her twin Nicole from this season
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, realitymaven said:

@greekmom Your wish is my command!

So how's that? 

@realitymaven Thank you!! Explains alot on how it's re-enactments or tlc production driven.  Mo and Dani are very narcissist and fools for being used by TLC/Sharp entertainments.  They will go away eventually like the Duggers and the Boos.

If Mo really wants to come to Canada (as a Canadian the thought disgusts me), I think Nunavut would be the best place for him.

• Love 6
On September 23, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Trace said:

I agree that she deserves the be loved.   But Lord have mercy that woman needs to get some self awareness! I mean come on.  She is delusional beyond measure if she ever believed for one second that a young hot guy would want her for anything other than a green card.  She hangs all over him like a second skin (that he wants to crawl out of)! 

Not that young and really not hot.

• Love 2

From that article/video while smiling like a fool (I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say her smile is an anxiety response):

"I think, in the beginning, he did love me, but then he started getting attention from prettier, better-looking women, women that had more money," she continues. "I think he changed."

Damn, she's infuriating. He never loved you Danielle! He used you! You know it, he knows it, and the entire world knows it. Stop smiling like a scary clown and face facts. She is going to go to Immigration and tell them the same thing, and they are going to let him stay because they both insist the marriage was real. That two minute clip has me irritated already, and the show doesn't air for another twelve hours. Deep breaths...

• Love 5