Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You can buy glasses online for next to nothing nowadays. I get progressives for under $100, and single visions for my son for $20. But of course Dani can't pay her bills so even $20 would take a bite out of the budget, I guess. And yes, any optical shop should adjust them for free, doesn't even need to be the place she bought them!

Depends on your prescription. My glasses are really expensive because my eyes are really bad and I need special lenses. If I went the cheapo route, there's no way I could get $20 glasses. Faith's eyes seem worse, but I don't think Danielle's are that great. OTOH, they probably qualify some kind of program that helps with paying for things like that. 

Edited by deltaburkefan
  • Love 2

Good points re Dani's glasses!  I guess she was just too busy riding around town trying to hunt down Mo and couldn't be bothered to trundle over to the eyeglasses place to have them adjusted.  All of this talk reminded me of when she was going to buy her wedding gown.  Wasn't her original "budget" $500?  Maybe it was more?  Now she can't even keep the utilities on.  And that's with whatever TLC money she's gotten.  

Also, Mo looked ridiculous in that Canada Goose parka.

• Love 1

Right. Barring any special circumstances, she should be able to get glasses for a lot less, though. Before I discovered the joys of buying online, mine were over $400, and they were standard progressive lenses. My husband needs a special lens also so he can't go the discount route, but my son's garden variety single visions are really cheap. My opinion is that for all the time Dani spends online, she's not looking for resources to save herself some money, which are out there in abundance if you want to do a little homework. Too busy looking for hot Tunisian men! And I'm pretty doubtful that she qualifies for any kind of benefit for glasses, especially since they are being paid by TLC. The family might have bare bones health coverage through Obamacare, that pays for an eye exam a year and a percentage of the cost of glasses, maybe. But since she can't even keep current on her cable bill, glasses are probably a luxury!

• Love 1
On 9/26/2016 at 9:41 PM, zibnchy said:

I'm not particularly attractive. When the planets align I'm sort of cute. I try not to judge people on their looks. I really do. That said, Russ is one unattractive man. Especially while wearing a tank top. He's the opposite of attractive. He's the human equivalent of boiled oats.

BOILED OATS!!  Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahah!!  Oh my gawd, that is SO funny!!

Poor Russ, he was better looking in season 1, or whatever season it was they were in.  He now looks like a creepy & pasty old man.  He lacks any sense of charisma or charm.  I absolutely adore Paola and seeing her with him grosses me out. 

4 hours ago, deltaburkefan said:

Depends on your prescription. My glasses are really expensive because my eyes are really bad and I need special lenses. If I went the cheapo route, there's no way I could get $20 glasses. Faith's eyes seem worse, but I don't think Danielle's are that great. OTOH, they probably qualify some kind of program that helps with paying for things like that. 

Mine too. My vision is so impaired that mine are always very expensive .

i

On 9/26/2016 at 7:17 AM, DangerousMinds said:

Me too! They could have easily have asked for a different room with two beds. I am pissed that TLC is paying this scammer at all.

I would contribute to her annulment fund, if necessary. She has every right to get one.

It sounds like enough people float Danielle money so I would not donate.  Between her GoFundMe's, friends buying Xmas presents, sending her or Mo money, leaving the country for a vacay (even if it is Pakistan), she can pay for her own damn annulment.  She also got $ for being on this show.  If she spends it on stupid shit she can stay married to that grifter.  It isn't like she had altruistic intentions marrying him. She wanted someone to take care of her and her children.  And lied to him about her finances.  She got herself into this mess she can get herself out.  Seeing how her kids live (with and without utilities) she has/had no business sponsoring anyone.  She cannot sponsor her own kids IN THIS COUNTRY and depends on the charity of others.

• Love 18

Dani and Mo are the train wreck that you just can't look away from. He has just kept digging deeper and deeper and leaving the INS plenty of reasons to investigate him for fraud.  

Did he even enter this marriage in good faith at all.. He seems to tout some sort of religious piety when it suits him.  Regardless of what someone's faith may be, anyone who goes about professing to be a good Muslim/Jew/Christian (or any decent person for that matter) would normally not go about violating the following principles or tenets:

1. Commit acts of fraud or deception.
  2. Enter into a marriage or any other contract in bad faith.
  3. Cheat on a spouse
  4. Openly flaunt one's indiscretions in front of one's spouse
  5. Use one's religion to one's own purpose to be mean to said spouse.
  6. Manipulate and bully others.
  7. Encourage anyone to do any of the above.

Sorry Mo, not buying your hypocritical behavior. You are not all that and a bag of chips. I'm not sure what all these women see in him.  I just don't get it....

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Sup wit dat said:

When Dani called about the cable TV not working, she said the bill was in Mo's name.  And that the utility bills are also in Mo's name.  So I'm really confused...why are Dani's bills in Mo's name?  Did I miss something?

They are married?

1 hour ago, Sup wit dat said:

When Dani called about the cable TV not working, she said the bill was in Mo's name.  And that the utility bills are also in Mo's name.  So I'm really confused...why are Dani's bills in Mo's name?  Did I miss something?

I think it's because Danielle doesn't pay her bills, so her credit rating is very low.  I believe it's only a matter of time before she starts putting the bills in her daughters' names, if she hasn't already.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I think it's because Danielle doesn't pay her bills, so her credit rating is very low.  I believe it's only a matter of time before she starts putting the bills in her daughters' names, if she hasn't already.

That makes sense.  They probably won't turn stuff on for her until the delinquent balances are paid.  Sad.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I just want him gone, so I would contribute. I know what it's like to be poor and worry abou the utilities being shut off, so I'm not gonna shame her for that. As I've gotten older I realize hard times can fall on all of us.

I think that's really nice.  Believe me I have been poor and have had help from family but I buckled down and got myself out of it and never made poor financial choices again.  If things were out of her control that's one thing (sickness, losing her job due to downsizing, etc but wasting money sponsoring a loser?  Nah).  When she repeatedly makes the same mistake and never learns from it that's another.  I would sooner do something for her kids than her.  I don't want people to suffer but all she is really suffering is from her own stupidity and poor choices.

• Love 15

Devar definitely did enjoy flashing that wad of cash. I get it, sort of.  Mr. G grew up struggling and although he doesn't flash cash (cuz that's dumb and dangerous), I can tell at times he gets a certain satisfaction from our comfortable circumstances.

Melanie's mouth was getting smaller and smaller throughout that scene. I wasn't sure if it was a re-enactment or not since Punkeshar seemed so "whatever" about getting the money...the small smile at the end made me think it was real time.  Melanie's hair looks nice that color, but otherwise she's looking a little more tired. Maybe she really needed the vacation, but I hope she isn't regretting the Devar thing. It would be hard for me to reconcile supporting my child and my man and then he sends money home to his perfectly capable of working sister?  It would piss me off, to be honest. But then, most recent immigrants send money home. He legit told her he would do this.  So, tough cookies.

Luisa...um. I rarely see someone who looks better when they don't smile, but she looks better when she doesn't smile.

Paola is pretty, but in Miami she's gonna be like a 5.  Sorry, mama.  The competition is tougher.  I grew up in a place with a lot of really pretty people. It's so nice to go to a place where there are fewer pretty people, and you stand out a little more. If she didn't have the camera crew following her, I would expect she'd be a lot more disappointed. As it is, she might get a job or two, but most places won't be interested.  That's the job.  Young and beautiful.  To paraphrase "This is 40," you're not old for the world Pao, you're just old for the club. Good luck, though!

Daya. 40k in a market like Washington could be like 30% of the budget. It's like an extra $400 a month. It can be painful not to have that $400. It's a modest home.  I don't know why his mom has to be such a raging asshole. And what was up with the colors on the wall?

• Love 4

Dani can't blame Mo for not paying the bills, he left months ago and if she had half a brain she would have put the bills in her name. Oh wait........ she can't.......her credit is in the shitter since she has not paid previous bills.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Dani can't blame Mo for not paying the bills, he left months ago and if she had half a brain she would have put the bills in her name. Oh wait........ she can't.......her credit is in the shitter since she has not paid previous bills.

Or, she could just PAY THE BILLS. Utility companies don't care whose name is on the check. She could have opened the envelopes and sent a check so nothing was cut off in the meantime.  No need for the cable and lights to be turned off just because Mo wasn't there if the bills were still coming.

• Love 5

You know, it's funny...I have been larger, much larger in size, and men who were attracted to me never called me "big woman," "heavyset" or "chubby." They use words like voluptuous, meat on your bones. beautiful, also there is the obligatory love the big ass type of comment.

I haven't been over to spoilers yet, but Gabe strikes me as insincere.

• Love 9

I'm wondering if Gabe isn't a put up job by TLC. Sort of like lightning striking twice. It was ratings gold the first time around, so why not stage a repeat.  Danielle is so clueless, she wouldn't ever suspect. She just said wants a new stud muffin to crow about to everyone, she really gets off feeling like she's a femme fatale. And he's getting his 15 min of fame.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

You know, it's funny...I have been larger, much larger in size, and men who were attracted to me never called me "big woman," "heavyset" or "chubby." They use words like voluptuous, meat on your bones. beautiful, also there is the obligatory love the big ass type of comment.

I haven't been over to spoilers yet, but Gabe strikes me as insincere.

I thought it was positive he was addressing what would be on many people's minds, him being attracted to someone as large as Danielle (though I think her looks also work against her, I am an awful person for saying that, but she's no Mo'Nique or Missy Elliot or that Ashley model girl, I think that's her first name?) 

However, I also immediately wondered if he was being genuine.

:/

• Love 3

I hate saying anything negative about anybody's appearance but damn, that Danielle is just unpleasant in every way, from her looks to her (non) personality.  Even her voice makes me cringe, I don't think I've ever disliked anybody on TV as much as I dislike her.   I don't know why anybody would willingly spend time with her. All she does is whine and complain. 

She's an idiot if she thinks this new guy is interested in anything but being on TV. 

• Love 16
On 9/26/2016 at 10:10 AM, poeticlicensed said:

So Russ is looking for a job and Pao wants to try her luck modeling, did it ever occur to Russ to look for a job in Florida, California or NY? I can assure you they have engineers in all 3 places. I don't get his insistence about living in OK. It would seem that with Russ being unemployed, it is the prefect time for him to try and relocate. 

I think Russ was born and raised in OK. He seems like the type that will probably want to stay there until the day he dies. Paola is not the girl for him. She has big dreams. He's a simple guy.  Even if she doesn't make it as a model, she has a taste of what it's like to live in Miami and be around people with her cultural similarities. I doubt she'll ever be happy in OK again. 

• Love 4

Someone needs to do a social media intervention with Dani, or just go ahead and take every electronic device away from her. I mean seriously wtf some random guy "reaches out " to you on Facebook and you say wow he's hot. Like no one has an agenda they want to run on you? She is stupid and ignorance rolled into one peanut butter cookie. And Mo is certainly the whiny little bitch isn't he? He takes off then crazy bitch does her cray cray act and he's all like I have nothing. No shit Sherlock. Did my eyes deceive me or does he call Dani next week. Ugh those two deserve each other. 

• Love 13
On September 29, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Snewtsie said:

BOILED OATS!!  Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahah!!  Oh my gawd, that is SO funny!!

Poor Russ, he was better looking in season 1, or whatever season it was they were in.  He now looks like a creepy & pasty old man.  He lacks any sense of charisma or charm.  I absolutely adore Paola and seeing her with him grosses me out. 

There's no way this couple with last another 2 years -- especially when you have agents whispers in her ear that they don't want to work with married women. 

• Love 1

So the Tunisian Love Rat is jumping off the Luisa ship, well... like a rat off a sinking ship. hahahaha I laughed so hard. He is trapped like a rat!

Hmm I found Gabe sincere that he liked large women and he thought Danielle was strong. He might be a TLC plant but saying he likes large women and at least helping her to skate is miles ahead of Mo's "acceptable." But OK I did laugh my ass off at Danielle on the precipice of breaking a hip on those skates. Her hair looked blown out and cute when they were making cookies. Her blonde friend is giving her great advice. So scripted though with Danielle's nervous laugh and smile TLC: "we are going to film you making cookies and talking about Mo and then, Gabe." She is no actress.

Loren: when she started crying I was like "Come the f*** on Loren GROW UP" Jeeeez is she a child. Ugh! 

I FF thru Pauloa or WTF her name is and Mr. OKC. Yawn. She's at best a 4 in Miami. 

• Love 3

I thought it was funny when Luisa seemed to be purposely pissing off Mo! Now he knows what it feels like that some women don't think he's all that. And when she said 'Bye Felicia' to him, that was gold! 

The new guy Gabe has got to be an actor hired by TLC. I'm not believing this farce. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I hate saying anything negative about anybody's appearance but damn, that Danielle is just unpleasant in every way, from her looks to her (non) personality.  Even her voice makes me cringe, I don't think I've ever disliked anybody on TV as much as I dislike her.   I don't know why anybody would willingly spend time with her. All she does is whine and complain. 

She's an idiot if she thinks this new guy is interested in anything but being on TV. 

Her near constant smile/smirk/laugh drives me absolutely batty! I can't say I dislike her strongly though. Don't like her or feel sympathetic towards the situation she created with Mo either. I do feel sympathetic of her daughters. She has just failed them in seemingly all regards. Her idiocy is mind boggling and the fact that she home schooled - yes, home schooled, her daughters makes me think this should rise to the level of reckless endangerment.  

I have no trouble believing that there are young, moderately attractive men in the world that love a thicker older woman. I just have trouble believing it when TLC and the opportunity to famewhore are in the mix. 

Mo being so adamant about finding work to make money seemed like a case of trying to look industrious to the audience and also he doth protest too much for me given the fact that the good people here have dug up evidence of him having had and still being on the prowl for a sugar mama. 

Hasn't Luisa confirmed having had sex with Mo?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

And when she said 'Bye Felicia' to him, that was gold! 

That was funny! I doubt he even knew what it meant, though. Luisa was looking really rough this ep. Like stripper on the pole rough. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That was funny! I doubt he even knew what it meant, though. Luisa was looking really rough this ep. Like stripper on the pole rough. 

She sure was, it was great the way she was giving it back to him. You could just see his mind backtracking that Danielle wasn't so bad after all! 

• Love 2
On 10/3/2016 at 11:25 AM, bichonblitz said:

Bye, bye Felicia! That was gold! She's telling Mo to quit being such a girl.

Edited by Drogo
EDITED BY MOD: Main show comments in spinoff show thread.
  • Love 6

I loved watching Mo's usual tactics not working the way they worked on his wife and previous mistresses/benefactors:

1. "I came here for you" (so my unhappiness is your fault.)

2. Where is my (fill in the blanks) and what have you done for me lately? Did someone break his legs so he can't go out looking for a job by himself? And he admits he came to Miami with no money, Luisa pays for everything, but he resents it? Come on, dude!

3. "I'm leaving"... Danielle reaction: "I don't want you to leave".  Luisa: "Fine, go sleep in the car. Take your feet off my bed first". 

4. "You don't respect me".....translation: you aren't buying the crap I'm dishing out. 

5. Silent treatment: NY mistress: "I'll do whatever you want, I apologize, please talk to me"...."Luisa: "What? Are you PMsing today?"

6. Screaming: Luisa: "I've seen Mohamed's temper. You don't know someone's true colors until you live with them." Dani's daughter: "Then it was about a month when he started yelling at you. I hated him after that".

• Love 12
On 10/3/2016 at 3:46 AM, bichonblitz said:

I think Russ was born and raised in OK. He seems like the type that will probably want to stay there until the day he dies. Paola is not the girl for him. She has big dreams. He's a simple guy.  Even if she doesn't make it as a model, she has a taste of what it's like to live in Miami and be around people with her cultural similarities. I doubt she'll ever be happy in OK again. 

I feel like they both did a disservice to each other by getting married.  She knew what she was getting into - a guy who lived in OK and was close to his family.  He knew what he was getting into - a smoking hot girl from columbia who has aspirations and dreams to become a model or actress.  Neither are going to be able to find a happy medium.

@Trampolina Great question. Is it the lure of TV stardom? "Omigod I saw that person on TV! And he/she is talking to little old nobody ME"

It used to be "sign my autograph book please" and now it seems to be the excitement of talking with these reality stars on FB.  

I kind of get it (I think) I saw Emma Thompson and Gabriel Byrne in person once and it was a thrill (but why should it have been, they're just humans like the rest of us)...So I guess that's what happens with reality "stars" too? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, realitymaven said:

Is Mo passive/aggressive much? Hey dude, if it pays for your hotel and halal meat, stop judging!

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 1.38.23 PM.png

Mohamed needs to go fuck himself.  Seriously.

He knew how Luisa earned her money before he left his wife to be with her and let her pay to put a roof over his head. It didn't bother him how she earned a living then.  Now she dumped his ass and so he's going to belittle her for it? 

All that proves is that Mohamed is a user and a hypocrite.  Like we didn't know that already.

They can't deport that piece of shit fast enough.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Trampolina said:

I need to know what's up with Gabe. Could the need to be on television be that strong? And how on earth can Danielle believe a young, fit, attractive man is into her? I'm so confused.

It does happen. Not all relationships are based on looks. Doubtful that this is not producer driven, but there are all kinds of couples out there.

Per gabe hes a chubby chaser and likes older women cause they know what they want...i just understand why danielle is looking for men now.. desl with your husband first in the meantime be there for your children and find jobs.. whats wrong with this lady... if she wants to sleep with men one nighters dont let tlc into it wtf lady grow up.. i dobt feel sorry for het at all, ahe made her bed now lay down on it...

• Love 2