Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

Man. I posted my Dani/Mo thoughts in their specific page.

On the others:

Why is Loren the bridezilla having another wedding? Just go visit the family and show them the video. What’s with the boob job jar? I hope that was just a gag jar to throw some loose change. We have another secret.  Is it this season's theme?

Melanie needs to go back to being a blonde.  Being a brunette is doing nothing for her complexion and completely washing her out. I think sister Bev is hilarious. We all need a Bev in our lives to question the intentions of a boyfriend or even husband and stand up for their sister. And she looks a lot better this time around than Melanie.

Pao is doing pretty good. Some modelling/acting gigs. Russ got her a nerf gun? I snorted out loud. He's the type of guy that will buy someone a gift that he wants and not the other way around.  Pao looked seriously peeved. 

• Love 5

I hope Mo stays far away from Dani and vice versa, then I see she wants to hunt him down at work. Where he's not working. And even her daughter showing her he's on a dating site didn't totally wake her up. 

Loren wants another wedding because Loren likes being the center of attention. Her secret? I think it's likely a previous battle with bulimia or aneroxia, something her family might not know about.  If it were some type of disease, her mother would know, right? I feel sorry for Alexi, but he's working and making money, so at least he's away from her 8 hours per day during the week.

Russ giving Pao the Nerf gun reminded me of the time my ex bought me something for themself, not really for me. I can see Russ playing with that gun now. Glad to see her working and having fun.

• Love 4

Of course Loren is continuing to make everything about her, even the wedding they are planning in Israel. At least they both have jobs. Loren's big secret is revealed next week. I'm guessing she suffers from anxiety. Whateves. 

Melanie and Devar - I think Mel loved to drag Devar all over town to show everyone that she has a hot black guy. I'm glad that she thinks he's so yummy (did I really need the bedroom scene? NO) but I can assure her that most people do not. When the people in the gym were staring, it wasn't because Devar is black, it was because there was a damn camera there. I'd stare too!

Russ an Pao - WTF was up with the nerf gun? If my husband took me out for a birthday dinner and presented me with a toy gun in front of my friends, I'd hit him over the damn head with it. I kept thinking, there must be a good gift in the bag. But no. And Russ lost his job? Isn't be a petroleum engineer? Yeah, oil has taken a hit and there are lots of layoffs, but I do seem to remember Russ bitching about his employer when Pao came over initially because he wanted to take a lot of time off and not travel and they were giving him a hard time. And now he can't find another job.? THey can't possibly be living on what Pao makes from occasionnal modeling jobs. Are they living with his parents? Ugh, he is such a dweeb.

Mo and Dani - OMG the blond Miami woman is real (maybe). Mo is so full of shit that he didn't realized you had to be attracted to someone to love them.  And intimacy is private between and married couple. Yet he's out boinking every crazy women he meets on social media if they can pay for him to travel. Yet I feel no compassion for stupid Dani. She is still blubbering away saying there's a  chance. 

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Of course Loren is continuing to make everything about her, even the wedding they are planning in Israel. At least they both have jobs. Loren's big secret is revealed next week. I'm guessing she suffers from anxiety. Whateves. 

Melanie and Devar - I think Mel loved to drag Devar all over town to show everyone that she has a hot black guy. I'm glad that she thinks he's so yummy (did I really need the bedroom scene? NO) but I can assure her that most people do not. When the people in the gym were staring, it wasn't because Devar is black, it was because there was a damn camera there. I'd stare too!

Russ an Pao - WTF was up with the nerf gun? If my husband took me out for a birthday dinner and presented me with a toy gun in front of my friends, I'd hit him over the damn head with it. I kept thinking, there must be a good gift in the bag. But no. And Russ lost his job? Isn't be a petroleum engineer? Yeah, oil has taken a hit and there are lots of layoffs, but I do seem to remember Russ bitching about his employer when Pao came over initially because he wanted to take a lot of time off and not travel and they were giving him a hard time. And now he can't find another job.? THey can't possibly be living on what Pao makes from occasionnal modeling jobs. Are they living with his parents? Ugh, he is such a dweeb.

Mo and Dani - OMG the blond Miami woman is real (maybe). Mo is so full of shit that he didn't realized you had to be attracted to someone to love them.  And intimacy is private between and married couple. Yet he's out boinking every crazy women he meets on social media if they can pay for him to travel. Yet I feel no compassion for stupid Dani. She is still blubbering away saying there's a  chance. 

exactly about the cameras at the gym. I would stare too.

and if Loren turns out to have tourretes i will feel really bad because her twitching and crazy mouth movement drives me crazy.

Edited by nlkm9
forgot
  • Love 4

I wanted to throttle Russ throughout. Whimpering about the nerf gun "its from my childhood!" (so what? if your childhood is that important, tell her about it. I'm sure she doesn't need visual aids!). Sitting at the computer pouting (how's that job search going, Russ?) Pao is out there hustling her sassy Colombian ass and bringing in some cash and you're doing....what? Russ seems to be fading away into the scenery. Run, Pao, run! If anyone had given me a nerf gun as a gift he would be wishing fervently it had come with lube.

Dani. Oy. There is absolutely nothing attractive about her, is there? She could try and get a flattering haircut and glasses and put on a little lip gloss  every once in a while, at least. She could try and be a more likeable person, not a whining clinging overwrought mess. Mo is no better, either. What a pair.

Melanie and Devar--whatever. So they really like the sexytime, OK. Melanie is right, its her money, and she's not some flaky kid. If she chooses to spend it, that's on her. As long as she's not short changing her son, and I don't think Melanie is the kind of person who would, I don't have a problem with it.

Loren, Loren, Loren. Why do people who have not even been married a year have to renew their vows? Were they marked down, overstock vows with a limited warranty? She makes all the stress and drama herself, then cries about it.

• Love 5

Loren, Loren, Loren. Why do people who have not even been married a year have to renew their vows? Were they marked down, overstock vows with a limited warranty?

Actually, in this case it's really a way to have a ceremony that his family can attend. I wish she wouldn't have called it a vow renewal. 

• Love 10

I felt like the nerf gun gift was a few things. Sure it was from his childhood - maybe also a little piece of American culture to share with her - but it might also be due to money being very tight if he has been without a job for a long time. I don't know who paid for the family dinner, but that couldn't have been very cheap and knowing how important it is for her to have people around her, the "real" gift was probably the dinner being paid for everyone. Then the nerf gun was something cheap that he could pass off as having a deeper meaning to disguise it being cheap. 

I AM SO HAPPY THEY ARE FOLLOWING UP WITH THE COUPLES IN MORE THAN A SHORT EPISODE!!! 

I feel sorry for Dani - but come on, the red flags were there from day one. She just wants to be loved, or wants to be in love, so badly that she's willing to ignore them all, over and over again. 

Mo is a trip - it's so obvious he's ready to jump to any bed if that's where the money is. If it was really about him feeling like America is the right fit for him, he would have found a way to support HIMSELF and move to wherever he wants, without a woman.  I still believe he's gay - but if so, i would be a lot easier to find a sugar daddy etc. I almost feel like he's putting on this "playboy" act for the cameras (doesn't want it know that he is gay) but if the cameras weren't there, all these love interests would actually be men. I have nothing to base that on though  so I guess I'll just drop it and move on with my life. LOL

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 7

I can't imagine Pao staying with a depressed, out of shape and unemployed Russ for much longer. She doesn't have much use for him now - a tripod can hold the camera for her soft-core "fitness" YouTube videos.

Mo and Dani -- I wonder if these two continue to beat the dead horse because the series is the only source of income for these two leeches?  

I wish the Specimen and his child bride were followed again. Curious to see what they're up to. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Mo and Dani -- I wonder if these two continue to beat the dead horse because the series is the only source of income for these two leeches?  

True, they know they are the trainwreck that  keeps on giving.  TLC should just give them their own show. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Actually, in this case it's really a way to have a ceremony that his family can attend. I wish she wouldn't have called it a vow renewal. 

Me too. They are doing it for his family....not her friend over there that Alexi doesn't like. Loren is too high-maintenance for me.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Russ giving Pao the Nerf gun reminded me of the time my ex bought me something for themself, not really for me. I can see Russ playing with that gun now. Glad to see her working and having fun.

I genuinely felt jealous when she unwrapped the nerf gun. I'd been asking for one forever to shoot at hubs around the house when he pisses me off... SMH

6 hours ago, greekmom said:

What’s with the boob job jar? I hope that was just a gag jar to throw some loose change. We have another secret.  Is it this season's theme?

I rewinded to make sure I had read right. Jesus hell, it's the last thing she needs...

5 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

THey can't possibly be living on what Pao makes from occasionnal modeling jobs. Are they living with his parents? Ugh, he is such a dweeb.

Did they not take an apartment in that upscale apartment building? I can't remember what the place looked like.

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Dani. Oy. There is absolutely nothing attractive about her, is there? She could try and get a flattering haircut and glasses and put on a little lip gloss  every once in a while, at least. She could try and be a more likeable person, not a whining clinging overwrought mess. Mo is no better, either. What a pair.

Still an improvement from that mess she had when Mo first got here. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Diamond Dog said:

So, I take it that Mark (aka the Fonz) and Nikki opted out of Happily Ever After?  Most likely, Mark has Nikki chained in the basement wearing his ex wife's clothing, and making her re-arrange his bookshelf the way he had it before. Get it right, Nikki!

I seem to remember that Mark went on some serious rants after the show aired about how it "portrayed" him and I think he even mentioned trying to sue TLC or the producers (never would happen - those contracts are ironclad). TLC probably would have asked them, considering how controversial they were but I don't think Mark wants any part of it.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I seem to remember that Mark went on some serious rants after the show aired about how it "portrayed" him and I think he even mentioned trying to sue TLC or the producers (never would happen - those contracts are ironclad). TLC probably would have asked them, considering how controversial they were but I don't think Mark wants any part of it.

That's exactly what happened, from what I've been told. They are still together, but he wants no part of reality TV, especially TLC and Sharp Entertainment.

• Love 2

I only watched this to see what happened to the circus called Dani and Mo. What a trainwreck! I am surprised he's allowed to stay in this country, I don't know the specifics of having a green card. Apparently once you get one you can run off to Florida with a pretty blonde woman? 

The other couples I don't really care about. Although I'm wondering what is the secret something that's  wrong with Loren. 

• Love 2

Pao....she's gorgeous, sexy and full of life and personality. Get rid of that asshole, girl. Especially now that she's supporting that depressed nerd. He's dragging her down. 

Loren. She's pretty. And insane. Does she do anything but nag, nag, nag?

• Love 4

I'm also guessing Loren has Tourrette's Syndrome. Her tics seem to get worse when she's upset or nervous.  I really want to know what mascara she uses -- her eyelashes look great! And Alexei is hot.

Did anyone else get a vibe from Mo's 'WalMart' friend? (How do you make a friend by chance at WalMart??). He seemed to be trying to get Mo to say he wasn't with Danielle because he is gay.

• Love 9

I bet Loren has some type of auto immune disease.  

I don't think Mo is gay, he just doesn't want to be with Danielle, can't say I blame him.  I think Mo's "friend" that he met in Walmart is a wannabe reality TV star.

I'm cynical.  I would not be a bit surprised if Mo and Dani got together and decided to draw out their train wreck relationship for ratings.  They probably know they're gold to TLC,, so why not keep the train running?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SleepyAndClumsy said:

I'm also guessing Loren has Tourrette's Syndrome. Her tics seem to get worse when she's upset or nervous.  I really want to know what mascara she uses -- her eyelashes look great! And Alexei is hot.

Did anyone else get a vibe from Mo's 'WalMart' friend? (How do you make a friend by chance at WalMart??). He seemed to be trying to get Mo to say he wasn't with Danielle because he is gay.

uhhh yea... we uhhhh just met at walmart... and uhh... we just started talking.... and became good friends. 

yea... OK!  lol

I'd believe it if Mo was panhandling for a place to stay at walmart.

I'm pretty sure my ex-SIL was arrested at that walmart. 

My current SIL is from Sandusky and her mom still lives there.  I desperately want to ask her to keep an eye out for those trainwrecks. 

I saw the nerf gun as Russ trying to lighten the mood around them.  I'm sure with him not having a job it's probably a very intense living situation at the moment and I think he gave her that gun (and a girlie one!) so that when she's feeling frustrated she can let it out on him by shooting him with the gun. 

I think she got so upset because she likely didn't want him airing that type of dirty laundry around her friends or in public.

• Love 2

I'm surprised Brett and Daya are going to be on this because I thought they were one of the couples who complained about how TLC portrayed them originally.

Faith is definitely the only one with brains in that family. The next season of 90 Day Fiance should feature Bev and Faith as couples' counselors.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, deltaburkefan said:

I'm surprised Brett and Daya are going to be on this because I thought they were one of the couples who complained about how TLC portrayed them originally.

Faith is definitely the only one with brains in that family. The next season of 90 Day Fiance should feature Bev and Faith as couples' counselors.

With a dash of Fernando's mom. Her snide remarks were hilarious! 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, IvySpice said:

The only pity I have left for anyone in Sandusky, OH is Dani's kids. Gender-non-conforming Faith has roughly triple Dani's IQ. Somewhere, a liberal arts college is calling out for her. Run, Faith, run! They're waiting for you at Oberlin!

Now there's a thought, I'd love to see that girl get to Smith or Vassar and move up. She can do it. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Pao....she's gorgeous, sexy and full of life and personality. Get rid of that asshole, girl. Especially now that she's supporting that depressed nerd. He's dragging her down. 

Loren. She's pretty. And insane. Does she do anything but nag, nag, nag?

I'm assuming he fully supported her for quite some time, so I'm ok with turnaround.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Mo is gay, he just doesn't want to be with Danielle, can't say I blame him.  I think Mo's "friend" that he met in Walmart is a wannabe reality TV star.

I'm cynical.  I would not be a bit surprised if Mo and Dani got together and decided to draw out their train wreck relationship for ratings.  They probably know they're gold to TLC,, so why not keep the train running?

I'm envisioning production assistants trawling the aisles of Walmart, buttonholing unsuspecting shoppers, asking them if they'd like to be on TV!

And I agree, Dani thinks she's being shown as a sympathetic and Mohammed as a lying cheating cad who's done sweet loving Dani wrong. Hahaha. I think the cash is a motivator for sure. That and a complete lack of dignity or pride.

• Love 6

I just can't when D and M are shown doing interviews together both staring ahead saying nothing. Their body language says it all - Mo sitting with his arms folded, turned away from her and Dani holding his leg (out of the camera view) possessively. It's the funniest thing and I'm so glad they are showing that, I just feel like ROFL every time they show that. This is going to be good!

• Love 6

Loren and Alexei -- Colour me surprised that they didn't return to NY. I still don't get why she moved from NY to FL last season. It makes more sense to live in a more affordable city and save. I like them together. She's slightly obnoxious and over the top, but he's calm and level headed. I always believed they were a real couple and just happened to meet while living thousands of kilometres apart. I don't know what the secret is. It could be anything. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Pao and Russ -- I'm not familiar with them, but I like what I've seen of her. The NERF gun was suckish. It's from his childhood. That's such a tacky thing to do. Buy her a gift and make it something you want. I'm all for gag gifts, but he was serious with that. She seemed annoyed and rightfully so. I definitely would say move out of OK. How about some part of Texas or work offshore? 

Mo and Dani -- They are such a train wreck. She is desperate to be loved and in love. It seems like the daughter we saw is well-rounded and saw through Mo immediately. Dani refuses to accept that she was nothing more than a stepping stone and a way into the States for Mo. He's a user and seems like a master of gaslighting and projection. Dani could've been a Stepford wife and treated him like a king, and he still would've had one foot out the door. He just won't say that he was never attracted to her and never loved her. He skirts around it and blames it on her. As bad as Dani is, she deserves to be happy and to be loved.

I'm sure this will be interesting. I, too, wish we could've seen the other caged bird and Mark make party. 

• Love 1
On September 15, 2016 at 2:44 AM, GracieK said:

I have an autoimmune disease so I'm curious to know why many of you think that is Loren's secret?  I'm not understanding the correlation between her behavior and/or symptoms (tics) and an autoimmune?

I don't think her tics are anything but being fidgety person. But stress generally makes autoimmune disorders worse.

• Love 1

Well we finally found out Lauren's big secret. Those who said Tourette's were the winners. I'm not a fan of either Lauren or Alexei but I found it funny he went into such a snit about the male stripper but then does essentially the same thing by telling his mother about Lauren's disease without her knowledge and consent. 

• Love 3

Lack of basic conveniences seem to be a fact of life for Danielle’s daughters.  Too bad she doesn’t use her time and energy to make their lives better, instead of running behind Mohamed.

I have a soft spot for Loren, so it breaks my heart that she has Tourette syndrome.  I agree with her father; she should be relieved that it’s now in the open.

• Love 14

I don't have a problem with Alexei telling his mom about his wife's medical issue. That's his mom and I think it is natural and acceptable for a child to get counsel from their parents when they need it. 

And I found it ironic that Loren whined about Alexei telling her dad that Alexei is aggressive and just tells her to calm down.....then her Dad told her to calm down.  Loren is a spoiled princess. Tourette's must be difficult and I am sensitive to the struggles she deals with at the same time however she's a spoiled Princess.

Mo is SUCH a user. He's  using the restaurant's free wifi to stream is facetime/Skype whatever conversation, using the restaurant's free electricity to charge his phone, using Bible Thumping Wal Mart Tom for housing and a ride and his priest confiding in him, and used Danielle and the girlses free cable until he left. Good luck Luisa! 

I cracked up when he was like "the lawyer says I should not go but I think I should do whatever I want." I literally cracked up laughing. What a tool. A Green Card is a priveledge not a RIGHT buddy, if INS does not shitcan his Green Card I will be really disappointed. 

• Love 8

"I'm calling to see why my cable ain't workin". Oh Danielle. And her daughters (except Faith) are just like her. Slovenly and stupid. I can't muster up any sympathy for any of them. Mohammed is a sleaze. Can't wait to meet the Miami honey.

I love Pao and could be persuaded to dislike Russ most cordially. Pull your socks up dude, and do something useful. Pao is about to drive five hours to do something she does not enjoy, to put food on the table. Smile and be supportive. Sheesh.

• Love 12

I'm newish to the 90-Day universe (last season was my first) and it is cringe-watching at its finest, but since I'm not familiar with the prior couples (and can't stand Loren, SORRY GOD YES I KNOW SHE HAS TOURETTE'S) I decided to pass on the HEA thing; however, I came here to read about it and it was the best decision I ever made. You all are HILARIOUS. Just assume every one of your comments is liked by me.

• Love 4

My thoughts.

Russ and Pao. First of all the house I think is rented out by TLC and not their real home. When they showed a shot of the house, it looked like one of those real estate lock boxes was on the front door.  I agree with other posters that Russ is acting like an ass especially with his comments that he isn’t there to watch over so Pao doesn’t get hit on.  Get a job idiot.

Loren really – you went on a reality show. Comments suck yeah. But don’t put yourself out there if you can’t take the comments.

Mo and Dani – I just can’t.  These people need to be shipped off. Again I am suggesting North Korea.  Ship the Florida Floozie as well.

Kyle and Noon --  happy that they are moving somewhere. Sad that he actually bought her a gun (that’s the Canadian in me) in result of her purse getting stolen.

• Love 5

Oh Noon, you are the most adorable thing ever. Forgot how pretty she was on her wedding day. Good for Kyle for agreeing to move. I hope Portland will be a better fit for them. I loved that Kyle asked "What can we do to help?" after she got the call from her mom.

Good call from some of you about Loren. I think it will be good for her that the secret is out.

What's with the weird slow motion clips on this show?

• Love 6

I think Noon and Kyle can be very happy in Portland. I can't say how much I love that they sat down together and picked a new city to call home. They are adorable in the extreme. I love that they're honest with each other--it can't have been easy for Kyle to hear that she is homesick and would go back to Thailand if she could.

Loren is such a princess she thinks everyone in the world is going to treat her like a princess too. Haha, no.

• Love 8