Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 11/9/2016 at 7:18 PM, Adeejay said:

That is correct, but only convicted drug dealers and convicted murderers.    

Fortunately, that is not entirely accurate.  If a person amasses enough crimes, violent or not, they can be deported.

I have a friend who married into a family that came here from Asia and both the mother and the son have been to deportation hearings.  They're both one more crime away from being deported.

Kind of sucks for the kid (even though he's an enormous asshole) because he hasn't lived in the country he was born in since he was 18 months old.

• Love 2
On 11/18/2016 at 4:35 PM, Natalie68 said:

Is it the SHOW encouraging them or is it the people they pick?  I am going with the people they pick.  Zero to low self esteem women who come hell or high water ARE getting these men to stay with them.  The show has several couples who don't engage in these shenanigans but these particular women do.  Slightly unattractive, overweight, lonely, single moms.  If not on the show I think they would most likely be acting the same way.  No one can make you do anything you are not naturally inclined to do.  There is also an entitlement with these women.  Frankly they DO make a mockery of the K1 Visa.  

A combination of both. Go back and watch Narkya glance past the camera trying not to smile right after she smashed ice cream in Lowo's face. I wonder who she was looking at for approval. Hmmm. I wonder. ?

• Love 4
22 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I would love to see actual, normal couples. I enjoy real documentaries.

Agreed. Have seen a few on Youtube and Netflix about the tours and people bringing over wives from other countries. I find that more real and interesting than having to revisit over and over and over again the hate watching of Mo & Dani.  As I said before, if I got my wish, they would be both shipped off to North Korea. I hope to never see these particular couples again.  Been there - done that unless they just have an update 2 hour show on the couples that have not been on recently such as what are they doing now?! (except for the slob and the love rat).  I would even want to know what Mark and Nikki are up to at this point.

Edited by greekmom
because spelling is important!
  • Love 2
On 11/17/2016 at 11:25 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

It's not his fault that he hasn't worked in awhile but it stands to reason that if he were working she would have money to go visit them!

Russ abandoned a work assignment when he and Pao were engaged because she called him crying and lonely.  He said something like, "there will be other jobs, but there's only one Pao."  I'm sure he's eating those words now.

• Love 8

It I just watched part 2 this morning.

Those blasting Mo in defense of Dani were disingenuous.  None of them are or would be her friend and during pillow talk certainly shared how off putting Dani was and as dishonest as Mo.  Good to hear Alexi, Kyle and Devar mention they both used th K1 system.  

Sure Mo is a jerk but so is she. Dani brought up her medical issue, Mo tried to avoid putting that on the table.  He was forced to go there in his own defense.  She probably has a perpetual bacterial infection, common in very heavy women who do not bathe enough.*  Google can help her with that! Tea tree oil is easy to find.  She is not bright and a common criminal. 

Mo accused Melanie of being drunk. She wasn't but they both probably had drinks prior to taping, thus the tear wiping and arm around Daya. 

Noon will help Kyle open up and embrace his family for who they are and let that go as they make a life together in both countries.  I think they might be a happy ending. 

Pao and Russ are doomed.  Lol 

* not from personal experience but rather a medical background!! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, wings707 said:

Mo accused Melanie of being drunk. She wasn't but they both probably had drinks prior to taping, thus the tear wiping and arm around Daya. 

I had wondered if they had some good drink in the back for these folks, maybe to loosen things up a bit prior. No one seemed drunk to me, but a few seemed quite animated in their participation (ahem). lol

• Love 1

So What if they're drunk, Mo, ya sleazy ho!  If I had to endure sitting on the set of that SHITSHOW, and listen to  Danielle/Ma-hu-mits bullshit, you better believe I'd be tossing back some free booze on the network.

• Love 4

hey everyone. i've been an avid fan of the franchise since day 1 but it's the Happily Everafter spinoff that really made me cringe so I just had to throw in my two cents about the couple.

Paola & Russ

I feel bad for Russ, With all that I've seen so far & the all the rumors flying around, I guess we can all agree that this train is nearing its final destination - divorce. Paola is neither cut out nor would ever truly belong to Oklahoma. She's a typical Latina in a tight dress that storm the streets of Miami. No wonder she felt so good the moment she got in there. Plus I think she's very career oriented, which is not a bad thing, but she seems to be willing to sacrifice marriage for career, and that does raise a concern about her true intentions. I'm also not sure she would be able to become a top model, given that she's 30, but she'll probably find her niche. Her new friends give off that vibe that they'll stab her in the back.

Melanie & Devar

I'm on the Melanie's side. Devar's sister looks pretty healthy and capable of working. Their excuse that this is Jamaica so it's not like in the US and she cant study & work at the same time and that it's not easy to find a job is ridiculous. There are much worse countries economy wise, and young people still manage to find a job, perhaps not the best paid one, but a job that gives at least some sort of financial cushion.  Plus Jamaica is a tourist destination, Finding a job in a hotel shouldn't be that hard.

Danielle & MoMo

I just can't with this couple. MoMo is a scammer & a con artist using people and brainwashing them into thinking that he is this pure hearted innocent chap who got himself in a terrible mess and so the rest of the world is obliged to help him, find him a job, give him money and generally take care of him, meanwhile he's a grown up man with a relatively good English so finding a job like a taxi driver or in a supermarket shouldn't be a problem. It's not glamorous or anything, but it does give you a chance to start working your way up. Danielle is just a mess. The only thing that I still can't decipher is how she manages to attract all these young guys.

Loren & Sexy Alexy

I never paid attention to her twitching in the origial season, but it does seem to have increased this season. Alexy's family seems nice but too clingy which is typical for Ukranian/Russian families. They basically expect him to drop everything he's built so far in the US and be by their side 24/7.  And come one, the father can't fix the lamp or the door handle? I'm not buying it. As far as I understand his parents never properly learnt the language, though they probably have been living in Israel since 1990's. Alexy did mention that he used to translate for his father at the hospital. But again, how is that Alexy's fault or responsibility? He's got his own life to think about now.

Edited by MaltWhiskers
double post
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Nanu160 said:

How DOES Danielle get ANY Of these Guys? Do they have poor vision? Her looks are ACCEPTABLE!? Personality.. ACCEPTABLE!?

I think many people underestimate the biological pull. As long as she is willing to let herself be penetrated there will be a taker. The problem is that they might not stay given the option of another willing person 

• Love 1

Ew! Lordt!... Advice to dudes tryin' to penetrate that elegant fox Danielle ...just put a pair of crooked glasses and an orange wig on an old piece of Hog Liver instead and go to town.  Discarded swine meat is WAYYY easier on the eyes and It doesn't Whine or Snivel or threaten A Annu-mit!! also.. I imagine Hog Guts is more fun to talk to than Miss Congeniality/ Sandusky OH.  And won't scuff around airport weepin' like a lost toddler. Or, if you're that desperate, consider Priesthood. Yeesh!

• Love 3
On 12/11/2016 at 8:16 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

But her personality is worse than her looks. Her moral decisions are terrible. She is selfish and thoughtless. 

I've been saying much the same thing all along.  Her looks aren't that bad.  Decent hair, tasteful makeup, lose a few pounds if she chose to, and cute glasses that aren't askew would help a lot. Properly fitting clothes and bra would also help her look too, as well as make her look taller and slimmer.

Her personality, constant whining, and lack of ethics are what are off putting, as well as if there's any truth to the rumors of poor personal hygiene. Even with her unfortunate face and figure, if she had a great personality and possessed a higher degree of intellect, her looks would matter far less, because she'd have other things in her favor that would make her attractive.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 4
On 11/19/2016 at 2:43 AM, millennium said:

If people need jobs, are willing to work for the pay offered, and are more than qualified, it seems almost criminal to discard their resumes without giving them a chance.

Welcome to my world. I have two masters, one from an Ivy, and an award-winning TV show. I drive an airport limo in the middle of the night, which is a lot of fun for a lady of almost 60. You are much better off with less education.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, orangeiguana said:

Welcome to my world. I have two masters, one from an Ivy, and an award-winning TV show. I drive an airport limo in the middle of the night, which is a lot of fun for a lady of almost 60. You are much better off with less education.

I totally feel for ya. I'm an engineer and myself along with many people I know can't find a job right now.  It makes one wonder why one even bothered to go to college or work so hard and have to keep starting over every few years. It's very disheartening to say the least.  Anyone who thinks skilled professionals can easily get a job at McDonald's because "it's better than nothing" really haven't been in those shoes themselves or they would understand that no employer (even those with high turnover) really wants to hire/train someone they know will leave once they get a better  job/job in their field. Hope things get better for you sooner rather than later.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I totally feel for ya. I'm an engineer and myself along with many people I know can't find a job right now.  It makes one wonder why one even bothered to go to college or work so hard and have to keep starting over every few years. It's very disheartening to say the least.  Anyone who thinks skilled professionals can easily get a job at McDonald's because "it's better than nothing" really haven't been in those shoes themselves or they would understand that no employer (even those with high turnover) really wants to hire/train someone they know will leave once they get a better  job/job in their field. Hope things get better for you sooner rather than later.

Yup.  My husband lost his job under shady circumstances, and he applied to work in a peanut factory for little above minimum wage.  They almost laughed at him.  And didn't hire him.  Since he won his unemployment case, we can be a little more choosy, but I chuckle every time someone says "Just go get a job in a factory or warehouse somewhere for now", as if it's that simple.  Even warehouse jobs want someone experienced, and while he has plenty of experience, none of it is in that type of environment, so he's pushed aside.

• Love 2

I work in the oil patch, and things have been moving at two speeds wrt to jobs coming back: slow and stop.  Recruiters call as though it's a matter of life and death they need your resume right now.  Then it's "hurry up and wait" and then things are put on indefinite hold.  Sure, places might quietly pick up a person or two, usually on temporary or contract basis, but the needle isn't really moving at all. 

I totally know how Russ feels, and I want to throw something at the TV when Paola starts whingeing about "men in Colombia would sell empanadas in the street". She doesn't understand basic math for maintaining two residences on half your previous salary.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1
On 11/24/2016 at 0:40 PM, KateHearts said:

Russ abandoned a work assignment when he and Pao were engaged because she called him crying and lonely.  He said something like, "there will be other jobs, but there's only one Pao."  I'm sure he's eating those words now.

I used to be Team Pao, but I forgot about this.  Russ was foolish to do this, but how selfish is Pao?  Seriously, how selfish is that woman?  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

I used to be Team Pao, but I forgot about this.  Russ was foolish to do this, but how selfish is Pao?  Seriously, how selfish is that woman?  

She's not selfish. It's her career. She's doing this for them, mi amor!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Landlord said:

She's not selfish. It's her career. She's doing this for them, mi amor!

Those TH she does with the straw colored hair and the garish red lipstick...I'm thinking I'm nowhere near model material myself, and even I know that's not a good look for anyone.  Yep, same TH where she says "my career" at least 3 to 4 times.  It's not a cah-reeeeer, Sweetie, to pay others to take your picture.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Those TH she does with the straw colored hair and the garish red lipstick.

To me, Pao's hair in her THs looks like a cheap nylon wig. It's even parted on the opposite side than she usually wears it and it's so much more shiny and smooth than her "normal" hair, it reminds me of doll's hair. 

• Love 4
On 8/23/2017 at 9:04 AM, funky-rat said:

Even warehouse jobs want someone experienced, and while he has plenty of experience, none of it is in that type of environment, so he's pushed aside.

I haven't worked in a decade due to disability, and I am trying to get part-time work now because I am strong enough finally to do so.  I can't pay someone to hire me.  I have so much to offer, if I do say so myself, but no one, and I mean NO ONE, is interested.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:18 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

empanadas

Mmmmmm...empanadas.

giphy.gif

• Love 4
On 8/24/2017 at 10:32 AM, magemaud said:

To me, Pao's hair in her THs looks like a cheap nylon wig. It's even parted on the opposite side than she usually wears it and it's so much more shiny and smooth than her "normal" hair, it reminds me of doll's hair. 

As bad as Paola's hair is, Darcy's is much worse.  Too long, too dark, too stringy, too dirty.  That's just a nasty mop on Darcy.  

• Love 1

Please......I want ALL of these couples to go away and never be seen again.........until about 5 yrs go by and a 'where are they now' type episode is run.

All of the couples have run their course.  Most of the storylines are totally unbelievable. 

• Love 4