Type keyword(s) to search

elLiot.Alder$on.txt

Milaxx
  • Start Topic

I agree he is interesting.  It's been years since I read/studied anything on how people with multiple personalities are treated. Years ago there was a theory on merging the personalities. That scares me a little because Mr.Robot is often really scary and even violent whereas Elliot appears to be more interested in doing the right thing.

One thing I keep wondering is why the psychiatrist or psychologist he's seeing (I'm not sure which it is), doesn't have him on some medication or doing more.  They've talked about Mr. Robot, so she knows about it, at least to some extent, probably not the whole second personality bit, but its still a bit odd to me how "light" Elliott's treatment seems to be.

He's was prescribed meds but he doesn't take them. Like a lot of people with mental illnesses he self medicates with street drugs. Remember after he went  to his childhood home, Ange la & Darlene found him. When he & Darlene went back to his apartment she asked where his scripts were. She had several empty bottles. Apparently Elliot would get them filled & dump them. 

I think Elliot's meds are supposed to be for anxiety. The multiples I've known have never been medicated for multiplicity itself. Things may have changed since I paid attention, but last I knew, there were no meds for multiplicity itself. And Elliot seems to be having therapy fairly often-- it seemed like more than once a week in the first season, though the timeline on this show is hard to follow.

• Love 1