Type keyword(s) to search

X-Men - General Discussion

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Are they getting back the original voices too?

14 hours ago, Dandesun said:

They are!!

YAY for the original cast returning!

The animation better not be the crappy one they used in the final season!

What I loved about the first few seasons was the animation looked like the comics come to life. You saw every line and crinkle and delineation in the characters.

• Love 1
On 11/14/2021 at 5:13 AM, JustHereForFood said:

I wonder if they will keep all their gimmicks from the original series, like Jean's fainting, Gambit talking in third person or Storm's overdramatic announcements of her powers.

I mean, I would prefer if they cut back on ALL of that. 

• Love 3
On 12/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And was the plot in "A Rogue's Tale", where Rogue stole Miss Marvel/Carol's powers and ability to fly, something the show made up?

On 12/11/2019 at 3:18 PM, Twilight Man said:

Nope, mostly completely true.    Avengers Annual #10 from 1981.

Rogue, as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, absorbed Carol's powers and put her in a coma for several years (years in OUR lifetime, anyway).  The Brotherhood then attacked the Avengers.

Here is an entire page by page of the tenth Annual.

1x5: Captive Hearts

Watching the series for the first time to catch up with '97. It's not too bad so far, albeit with some dated dialogue and some obviously dated power levels (like Jubilee and especially the now Omega Level Storm).

Ororo in particular triggered my nitpicking because she just keeps throwing thunder around when we all know she could do so much more. The end of the episode was a perfect opportunity to upgrade her power set, but instead, it turned into some random lightsaber battle. What the heck?! lol

Annalee trying to frighten Logan with scorpions was also priceless. Giving the wrong scare to the wrong mutant.

Overall, not too bad of an episode. 7/10 for Storm's character development.