Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

I don't think you're awful, Shmoopaloop, because I think by their actions, the marrieds unintentionally encourage this response. 

Personally, I hope for their sake that is as ridiculously rosy and perfect as they insist it always is.

I just don't buy it. My prediction? Oh they're gonna stay married for a while. It would take a severe scandal and by severe I mean someone is caught doing gay stuff on the side to get these two apart.

I also think that right now, they are probably pretty happy in their marriage. Life is pretty easy, for all they bitch about it, they are snug tight in the middle of a massive security blanket. They've got 11 episodes of a tv show about to come out - assuming they get 10k per episode not to mention tradeouts etc, they're making a pretty livable wage just goofing around on camera. I don't think they make a LOT of money on the journals or clothes. They pretty clearly let the journal orders accumulate "on back order" until they hit a minimum order amount to send to the printers. 

I think they are smart to get their "we're a Christian couple!" book out before the show ends. They pretty clearly want to get on the Christian speaker/motivator circuit but.... and I actually hope they're reading here if just for their own sakes.

I think they have a credibility problem and I think they aren't really what they represent themselves to be. 

What do I mean? 

1. They're a wee bit inexperienced to be giving out marriage advice. Look, this isn't even about the time in - this is about how their experiences are so ridiculously above what couples their age go thru, they're actually difficult to relate to. Neither of them work jobs where they aren't "the talent". The struggle to get the kitchen refinished while both husband and wife spend their days cuddling the baby and filming the baby - yeah, thats not terribly relatable to the couples who are struggling to find daycare that isn't creepy or most of their income. It's lovely that as a tv personality you get a ton of free, expensive baby clothes and supplies but thats hard for average folks to relate to. 

2. They aren't very credible from a religious standpoint. I mean, Auj loves to toss around her "always more" quote from Ephesians  but here's the scope of their religious involvement. They don't belong to any church. They don't attend any church. They don't participate in any community charities. They have no community responsibilities.

3. They aren't willing to commit publically to their beliefs. You know what? I despise Michelle and Jimbob Duggar, I really do, but I will give them this piece of credit - they will get on camera and say things like homosexuality is wrong and boys are better than girls per Jesus and whatever ugly thing they believe in. Michelle was even robocalling folks about the devil homosexuals. Go take a look at Auj and Jer's marital ministry website and ask yourself what being Christian Covent Married really means. Point - you have to dig for it but the Roloffs in general aren't terribly pro-gay or for gay marriage. The rare times this gets put to Jer and Auj - they've made enough missteps in their comments that its not difficult to piece together their position of "We don't like homosexuals or gay marriage and don't think their marriages count but if we're too conservative, that will turn off viewers so who said we hate gays? That's never come directly from us and we won't answer any  direct questions about our views"

Which is fine - we all have views we keep to ourselves, but these are pretty big things to be silent on for people who want to be Christian speakers and Christian book writers. 

Clair1745 - Yes I also noted the flurry of "OMG We're not on social media but OMG KEEP MAKING SURE TO CHECK BECAUSE OMG IF YOU DON"T SIGN UP FOR THE EMAILS OR FOR ALERTS THEN YOU WILL HURT OUR ANALYTICS!!!"

Are we going to take bets on how they continue to post on social media?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Day two.......just to remind everyone they won’t be on social media ?

Her ASSISTANT?? Hahaha. Poor Poj is just SO busy! I also just cannot imagine having the gall to think my "love story" is so special that I must put it out into the world for others to purchase. 

• Love 8

While the endless "Goodbye and NEVER EVER FORGET TO TURN ON POST NOTIFICATIONS OMG ANYONE WHO NEEDS HELP CALL JEREMY ON HIS PERSONAL CELL AND HE WILL MAKE ANOTHER VIDEO TO SHOW YOU!!!" all reek of desperation, I will forgive them now. But if we don't see some shutting up on social media soon, I call shenanigans. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Shmoopaloop said:

Her ASSISTANT?? Hahaha. Poor Poj is just SO busy! I also just cannot imagine having the gall to think my "love story" is so special that I must put it out into the world for others to purchase. 

Thisssss

I basically came here just to comment on that...I CAN'T WITH THIS WOMAN. Just an idea, Audrey... FIRE HER AND USE THAT MONEY TO HIRE A PROOF READER. 

• Love 9

Is kid i believe she has an assistant. She has always gotten on top of a mountain to shout to the whole world she is doing all- her shop, devotional, blog, tv “talent”, and being a mom- by herself and how hard it is. I wouldn’t be surprised that she said she has an assistant so they can get online and not be seen as hypocritical again. 

E.g: When she gave up make up for Lent for some message of Needing to focus on how God sees her and not how the materialistic world saw her. But, people called her out on it so she had to have a disclaimer and said she only wore make up when she was filming. 

• Love 1

Has she ever mentioned having an assistant before? Because it seems kind of convenient for one to magically pop out of the woodwork now, just as she is supposedly taking a break from the web. 

On another note, her kid looks just like her. That is all I have to say about that.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Has she ever mentioned having an assistant before? Because it seems kind of convenient for one to magically pop out of the woodwork now, just as she is supposedly taking a break from the web. 

On another note, her kid looks just like her. That is all I have to say about that.

Never has mentioned having one before. And if she did she would’ve made a big to do about it. Something like this  

“Oh my! My business/ministry is so awesome. I have so many people who buy my stuff i just don’t have the time to keep up with all the orders. So I HAD TO HIRE AN ASSISTANT!  God has blessed me with Always More orders”

• Love 5
On 3/10/2018 at 7:19 PM, Caracoa1 said:

Audrey is not the raving beauty she believes she is.

She probably grew up hearing how pretty she was her whole life and now it’s her identity. She’d be more attractive, if she had a better personality. 

• Love 12

Also, I like how other family members have been posting pictures with them recently. If they were hoping for a complete disappearance from social media, their plans have been foiled...and I love it! 

Jerk looks like he’s just loving this photo being taken.

He looks pudgy in the face but this is also a pretty bad picture. 

The unkempt hair and failure to shave are the turn offs for me. I was never in the "OMG HE'S SO HANDSOME" crowd but he was a nice looking kid when he maintained a clean cut look. I don't know what Audrey sees in this look.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Amy mentions Molly’s absence from the picture. Did she forget about Zach?

Not even a place set for Zach.  Chris, of course, would be at the head of the table, nearest Amy.  Maybe Zach is at work.  We know that THAT will never be a reason for Jer and Auj not to be at an event.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 3

My guess is Zach took the picture. Tori is on the opposite end of the table with Jackson, & the picture is taken from high up; seems like he stood on the chair to snap the picture.

Jer looks like he's wearing eye makeup. Auj is morphing him into becoming her, little by little...

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

My guess is Zach took the picture. Tori is on the opposite end of the table with Jackson, & the picture is taken from high up; seems like he stood on the chair to snap the picture.

Jer looks like he's wearing eye makeup. Auj is morphing him into becoming her, little by little...

She said Chris was there, too.  My assumption is that Chris took the picture (not standing on a chair).  If Chris was there, there's no table setting for Zach.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She said Chris was there, too.  My assumption is that Chris took the picture (not standing on a chair).  If Chris was there, there's no table setting for Zach.

Ahhh, sorry, missed that upthread. 

• Love 1

The real mystery is figuring out who hates Amy's coffee so much that they would bring Starbucks to her brunch, as evidenced by the take-out cup on the table. It looks like the kind of hipster move that Jeremy would pull.

• Love 2

She's always supposedly getting "shamed" about something. I see articles about the "shaming" on US Weekly's site at least once a month. There'd be nothing to "shame" if she wasn't such an over-sharer. Most of that "oversharing" is to get $$$ by selling stuff.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Jaded said:
2 hours ago, Darknight said:

Why would they announce they'e not posting? And a book? A book about What? 

They are giving social media a break so that they can write deeper thoughts without being interrupted by posting videos or whatever.  Their book is going to be about their journey as a couple because everyone has a unique love story to tell. Basically it is going to be A Severe Mercy  reboot but without  the whole nautical thing. 

And without the lengthy commentary by Sheldon on how he and Davie were carefree pagans, how Davie and Sheldon became Christian after lengthy intellectual discourse with C.S. Lewis, without the lengthy discussions of how happy they were to be childless as only without children can a man and wife truly love God and each other together. And also without the genuine tragedy of Davie's death by cancer at a young age. Now, its been pretty evident since day one that Jer and Auj are very very impressed with themselves and their wedding and how they got married and how they are a couple. I think they just aren't seeing that unless Jeremy secretly rescued her from Middle Eastern sex slavers, their love story just... isn't that unique.

• Love 4

Totally agree that they don’t have a unique love story. But, they will harp on Jeremy pursuing Audrey for 2 years( most people would find this creepy), their long distance relationship (most people can’t afford to fly back and forth to see each other as often as they did), struggle of balancing their ministry, family, “film careers”, vacations, and of course her terrible, horrible, no good, very bad mastitis. Not to mention their “celebrity” friend Dale Partridge.  I’m sure they can twist it so it sounds more dramatic than it was/is.

I believe their book will be pretty unrelatable to the mass. The show is the only reason they sell anything or get traffic on their blog and social media. They are mediocre at best in what they do. 

• Love 7

Totally agree that they don’t have a unique love story. But, they will harp on Jeremy pursuing Audrey for 2 years( most people would find this creepy), their long distance relationship (most people can’t afford to fly back and forth to see each other as often as they did), struggle of balancing their ministry, family, “film careers”, vacations, and of course her terrible, horrible, no good, very bad mastitis. Not to mention their “celebrity” friend Dale Partridge.  I’m sure they can twist it so it sounds more dramatic than it was/is.

The problem of Jeremy's dedicated pursuit of Audrey is that the show does actually exist. Jeremy's deep thoughts during this time frame? He was "in life". And was actively dating/seeing others and was all around having a good time goofing on the farm.

The problem of their long distance relationship is likewise the show - Jeremy was constantly and cheerfully visiting home a lot. Jeremy is also on record on his beating website as having sinned while away - he was friends with a girl, and spoke to the girl without a chaperone! I strongly suspect it was more than that but I really can't blame the girl involved for backing the fuck away from the situation.

Then what do we have? The filmed wedding, the move to Los Angeles where what really has to be said is nothing happened. Auj barely worked, Jeremy did what, two wedding shoots in 8 months and then they went to Bend and televised the start of their website.

Where is the drama? These two have had an idyllic life so far. They seem to like to be married. There's plenty of money. No one has to work all that much. Don't get me wrong - a boring life is a stress free life... but it's not an especially interesting thing to read about.

Now I admit I will likely buy this tome of wisdom, mostly because I am incredibly curious to see if they proof read it but there aren't really that many assholes like me to hand them sales. 

• Love 3

Honestly I will just be amused if it's all about how Jeremy chased her and then Jeremy had the little emotional affair and all the problems tend to revolve around Jeremy making errors and Auj correcting him.

I will be genuinely shocked if Auj makes anything other than minor confessions about her own behavior. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Claire1745 said:

They are giving social media a break so that they can write deeper thoughts without being interrupted by posting videos or whatever.  Their book is going to be about their journey as a couple because everyone has a unique love story to tell. Basically it is going to be A Severe Mercy  reboot but without  the whole nautical thing. 

Omg. These two are so damn annoying. 

We're they both virgins when they married? That's sinful

• Love 1
On 3/13/2018 at 11:56 PM, Rap541 said:

He looks pudgy in the face but this is also a pretty bad picture. 

The unkempt hair and failure to shave are the turn offs for me. I was never in the "OMG HE'S SO HANDSOME" crowd but he was a nice looking kid when he maintained a clean cut look. I don't know what Audrey sees in this look.

See, I prefer a bearded or at least scruffy look and find the clean-shaven look icky. But to me, he just can’t pull it off and needs to go back to what works for him. Or maybe  this is his, “I’ve been holed up, working away on my masterpiece” look. ?

• Love 1
On 3/14/2018 at 12:47 PM, ThinkerBell said:

The real mystery is figuring out who hates Amy's coffee so much that they would bring Starbucks to her brunch, as evidenced by the take-out cup on the table. It looks like the kind of hipster move that Jeremy would pull.

Except he proclaimed his disdain for Starbucks on Instagram. BUT! It would be a typical hypocritical Jer move. ;)

I was curious as to what you would get when you signed up for the mailing list of their book writing adventure. Eventually, curiosity got the better of me and i signed up. Here is the first email that I gotB02B617B-76EA-445E-B944-616E298134C8.thumb.jpeg.7f5be5ea1c6cb994ff86cd8f646c6929.jpeg719C797B-398D-49F3-86DA-3FD7A0C14635.thumb.jpeg.2be39b33e7be5dd22a98e4a2246b7595.jpeg

• Love 3
On 3/6/2018 at 11:46 PM, Shmoopaloop said:

I’m awful, but I hope this marriage goes down in flames. Even if it does, they’ll likely stay married and suffer because their religion tells them to. 

Oh I can see Jeremy shaking it off in a split second and then hanging with the bros.

Jeremy does look like he has makeup on!  He and Auj are ridiculous!

• Love 2