Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Conservative Christians, mostly. The reason you're not seeing negative reviews is that the only people who are buying this book are people who already agree with their views. Have you noticed how they're not bragging any more about the NY Times best seller list? Because they dropped off. They're also ranked at around #4889 in Kindle Sales on Amazon. Essentially they had a strong first few days where fans of their views bought the book. 

Exactly.  This is NOT a dig at anyone who posts here, but just in general....some people stick to this genre in books, music, etc, because there is a huge built-in audience that will lap up whatever you're putting out, whether it's good or not.  They believe that anything "Christian" is good, whether it truly is or not, and I don't mean "good" just as in it being written well, etc.  Some of it has some bad ideas, thought processes, etc.

There's an episode of South Park where Cartman decides that to get a platinum album the easy way, he'll form a Contemporary Christian group.  When questioned about songwriting, he says it's easy, you just change the words in the songs a bit, and swap out things like "Honey" and "Baby" with "Jesus".  The result was songs like "Once, Twice, Three Times My Savior" and songs about being on your knees to please Jesus, and how he looks kind-of hot, has a swimmers body, etc.  He gets questioned briefly by record execs, who say it appears he is really in love with Jesus rather than just praising him, judging by the content of his songs, but Cartman gives a lame answer, and they eventually agree he's in this for the "right reasons".

They set up a booth at a Christian music festival, and sell craploads of CD's to people who just assume that because they're Christian that it must be good wholesome stuff for their kids.

Illustrates the point perfectly.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Conservative Christians, mostly. The reason you're not seeing negative reviews is that the only people who are buying this book are people who already agree with their views. Have you noticed how they're not bragging any more about the NY Times best seller list? Because they dropped off. They're also ranked at around #4889 in Kindle Sales on Amazon. Essentially they had a strong first few days where fans of their views bought the book. 

The book is awful, by the way.

Please don't think I am not being fair just because I don't like either of them. It's really just a lot of back and forth between them over how awesome they are. Lots of run on sentences, lots and lots of multiple synonyms describing their feelings. The first fast read didn't reveal any hideous spelling errors except "sexy rapsy". 

It's just boring. There's literally no new information and no honest reveals. The couple things that they hinted at were glossed over. Example? Audrey's dramatic health issue? Is literally refered to as "stomach problems". There's no details at all, other than she was eating gluten free at one point and apparently it went undiagnosed. Also she collapsed/fainted in front of her school medical center but concedes she may have had an anxiety attack. She of course refused all medical intervention at that point, despite all the scary symptoms and problems, because she decided she needed a Jesus Intervention.  (and because she wanted to go on a silent retreat) And she broke up with Jeremy basically because she was stressed out.!" 

Predictably, he didn't really get it, or that she was breaking up with him.

Likewise the whole "we won the virginity battle but lost the purity battle, read it in our book!!!" - Yeah, don't bother - this is literally all they say beyond praising each other for not giving in. Based on Jeremy's general lack of honesty, I just don't believe he was a virgin and their "Omg we were so HOT but we didn't, but we kinda did but we were VIRGINS!" talk is really laughable.

All the shameful confessions came from Jeremy - and they were nicely cleaned up and presented as Jeremy learning an important lesson. 

Their weird little rules are interspaced throughout. They both enjoy quoting better writers and overexplaining whatever point they were making. They also clearly adore Chip and Joanna Gaines, right down to stealing the concept of "his" and "her" chapters. 

It's dull.

As Sarah D Bunting says” butt stuff”

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Matthew 7:5 

5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

071C0867-A3A1-4DCC-A24D-7D5B579AB792.jpeg

I don't normally care for the look of charcoal briquette but she looks very cute in that pic 👍

Her mother needs to learn that it isn't necessary to have your yap wide open and show off your molars in every damn picture.

Sometimes LESS really is MORE. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I have read their book and there are too many inconsistencies in their stories in their book and their social media posts about trivial stuff to make anything they say trustworthy. This is really stupid but it just feeds into my “they’re frauds” and try to paint them in a way better light not making them relatable at all. They said they bought their first car at 10 at night and it went to almost 1 am. Jeremy posted on Instagram (9/14/14)that they bought a car and has a pic of Audrey sitting in the purchasing room. The glass is impeccably clean so you can see the reflection of the outside. It’s very sunny considering it is after 10 and twilight typically ends at 8:44 in that area of the country. How they both worked/had scholarships to pay for their college. I doubt Jer used his own money to pay for his schooling. And didn’t Audrey walk on at Oregon State? Typically they don’t give scholarships to walks right away. Plus her family is loaded so I’m sure they helped her pay.  

Not to mention all the “Hollywood script” coincidences that happened on all of their dates. 

This book is pretty much a couple who read a Severe Mercy and tried to do everything the Vanaukens did and then try and sell it as their own. “Illumination of the Past, Onesness, the Art of Sharing, Navigators Council, etc. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Claire1745 said:

I have read their book and there are too many inconsistencies in their stories in their book and their social media posts about trivial stuff to make anything they say trustworthy. This is really stupid but it just feeds into my “they’re frauds” and try to paint them in a way better light not making them relatable at all. They said they bought their first car at 10 at night and it went to almost 1 am. Jeremy posted on Instagram (9/14/14)that they bought a car and has a pic of Audrey sitting in the purchasing room. The glass is impeccably clean so you can see the reflection of the outside. It’s very sunny considering it is after 10 and twilight typically ends at 8:44 in that area of the country. How they both worked/had scholarships to pay for their college. I doubt Jer used his own money to pay for his schooling. And didn’t Audrey walk on at Oregon State? Typically they don’t give scholarships to walks right away. Plus her family is loaded so I’m sure they helped her pay.  

Not to mention all the “Hollywood script” coincidences that happened on all of their dates. 

This book is pretty much a couple who read a Severe Mercy and tried to do everything the Vanaukens did and then try and sell it as their own. “Illumination of the Past, Onesness, the Art of Sharing, Navigators Council, etc. 

To me they're a boring stereotype of what they think a super successful Christian power couple would do, say, think... etc etc, wash, rinse, repeat.... That's why they worship Chip and Joanna Gains and try to emulate them.

There's nothing original or interesting about them because they aren't very intelligent and have very little imagination & creativity.

They're both piss poor writers with limited vocabularies who wouldn't have stood a snowballs chance in hell of books deals without mommy and daddy's reality show as their claim to fame.

The worst thing for these two are all the sycophants that fawn over them and keep telling them how awesome they are.  🙄

• Love 17

I wonder if since Jerk and Odd are still in the title scene (proper term? idk) of LPBW they get some sort of money from it.  They are on camera during the introduction of the show I would think they would demand some sort of compensation.

I don't think Jer and Auj are in a position to demand anything.  It's more likely that when the show was created, TLC got Matt/everyone else to sign a full release.  My understanding has always been that reality show people don't even get residuals for multiple showings of an episode.

It's like:  "We filmed you.  Here's your check.  Now shut up."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

They're off to Maui now? When they destress, they do it in style. 

Does Matt have a time share there?  Tori and Zach also destress in style, they vacationed there too!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BucFan said:

Enough with the”thigh gap” and the stupid big open mouth smile.

It always looks to me like the picture is snapped in the  middle of a laugh.  

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

It always looks to me like the picture is snapped in the  middle of a laugh.  

I think that is the idea. Her life is so great that she is always laughing and happy. Or she can't keep her mouth shut.

• Love 4

Audrey and Jeremy both look like idiots. Someone should tell them they are NOT role models in any universe. 

Audrey’s hairdo is cringe worthy as is Jeremy’s fanny back. They look like rubes. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/3/2019 at 9:29 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

What’s with the Princess Leia hairdo?

HEY! The Last Princess of Alderaan has SO much more style and class than this thigh=gapper.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, B in Lee said:

HEY! The Last Princess of Alderaan has SO much more style and class than this thigh=gapper.

Agree, of course.  Style, class, intelligence.  There really is no comparison and it should be noted that her highness’ buns were bigger, symmetrical and only an accessory to her lovely face.  What was I thinking?  May the Force forgive me 😌

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Aud looks like a dork. 

No, she looks like someone who is trying to create a look that others will emulate. She's trying way too hard. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Something interesting came up on the LPBW reddit that I thought I'd share here. 

Apparently Jer and Auj hit the NY Times Best Seller list due to "bulk orders". It's apparently a practice among conservative Christians to get their books known.

https://electricliterature.com/are-conservative-titles-using-shady-tricks-to-get-onto-the-bestseller-list/

The point? If there's a little dagger on the listing in the NY Times, then the NY Times thinks your sales were due to bulk orders and notes it with the dagger. 

And look who has that dagger on their listing during their one week on the list?

https://imgur.com/a/LteJsqb

My own book is currently out on Amazon and I am rather proud of my meager sales because they're *my* meager sales. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
On 4/26/2019 at 3:23 AM, ginger90 said:

071C0867-A3A1-4DCC-A24D-7D5B579AB792.jpeg

Audrey is not an attractive woman. She's frightening looking, like a circus clown. The kid seems to be looking like Jeremy so that's good. Maybe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Apparently Jer and Auj hit the NY Times Best Seller list due to "bulk orders". It's apparently a practice among conservative Christians to get their books known.

Explains why they are giving away books.

3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

My own book is currently out on Amazon and I am rather proud of my meager sales because they're *my* meager sales. 

May I ask the name of your book and its topic. I like the way you write and would like to check it out for possible purchase. 

Edited by Tidbit
Duplicate text.
  • Love 8

They must have money to burn if they can afford to stay in Hawaii for two weeks!  Audrey believes that Amy is a bad influence on Ember because she spends time with Chris... I highly doubt then Matt and Caryn have separate sleeping quarters while vacationing in Hawaii.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

They must have money to burn if they can afford to stay in Hawaii for two weeks!  Audrey believes that Amy is a bad influence on Ember because she spends time with Chris... I highly doubt then Matt and Caryn have separate sleeping quarters while vacationing in Hawaii.

Ember is too young to have any idea who should be with whom, so Auj is full of herself. However, Auj and Jeremy had better stay on the good sides of both Matt and Amy because there will be money involved, and they will need money at some point to maintain their lifestyle. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

Audrey believes that Amy is a bad influence on Ember because she spends time with Chris..

Wow!  When and where did she that, was it on social media or the show last season when they were still part of it.  That's very interesting.

• Love 1