Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

Never been to LA, but isn’t the Ivy known for “B List” celebrity sightings? How was it that it was the first restaurant they saw— is it near residential areas?

These two are wannabes for sure.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=32bc34fe46752225

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=32bc34fe467522259A731A11-F824-4181-BC11-F3DCE1B9BEFD.jpeg

What expression is she going for? Shock? Surprise? Joy? Does she just want some oats? In the picture of her, Amy, and Jer she looks much better.

• LOL 5
46 minutes ago, Steff said:

In her instastories she has a picture of her signing someone's Bible.  Yes folks, she signed a Bible.    I have no words for how offensive that is. 

When I was a kid, we used to get special speakers and singers at our church to sign our Bibles.  

• Useful 1

Azchristian, you probably had the speakers signing the cover pages. In the photo that’s on reddit, Audrey is signing the scriptures in the interior of the book. I know people who do notes to themselves for annotations but this was autographing Ephesians 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Azchristian, you probably had the speakers signing the cover pages. In the photo that’s on reddit, Audrey is signing the scriptures in the interior of the book. I know people who do notes to themselves for annotations but this was autographing Ephesians 

Okay  . . . I never heard of that.  My autographs were all on the blank pages in the front and back. 

• Love 1
On 4/12/2019 at 11:58 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I was particularly impressed with Auj's post about how leaving children with those who care for them teaches them to feel safe, even when away from mommy and daddy.  I think that shows insight and lot of young parents don't have that.   

That wasn’t an original thought of her own, though. It was something someone else told her. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Shmoopaloop said:

That wasn’t an original thought of her own, though. It was something someone else told her. 

Right. She said that she read it or heard it somewhere.  But, my point is that she agreed with it and took it to heart.  I know many young parents who stay on their phone, social media, etc SO MUCH of the time, and somehow they manage to never read anything about parenting, safety, finances, etc.  

Listening to the podcast with Jinjer Duggar and her man Jeremy - guys it's just sad. They ask JinJer why they named their kid Felicity and JinJer describes a rather thoughtful reach back to an early Christian martyr named Felicity and how this is a faith thing. Then they ask JerAuj about Ember's name and it's ultimately "we like campfires".

This is actually pretty interesting because you can literally hear Jeremy Vuolo (who frankly I am not a fan of) pretty much pwn Jeremy Roloff and make him look like a dumbass. It's also pretty clear that Jeremy is not well spoken, which makes it amusing. At one point he's calling his choice to get a paycheck for filming his wedding "a subtle moral obligation" since God wanted him to show others what marriage really is. 

There's also an amusing note during Jer's traditional rant about cell phones where Jer Vuolo notes that he doesn't have Instagram or whatever and sends his pictures to Jinjer and Jeremy R is all "THATS A POWERFUL TESTIMONY!" - and then recommends apps for Jer V after Jer V says he doesn't use apps to prevent distraction. 

"Dude, AMEN!" is Jeremy R's idea of wit.

In fairness, it's a bit of a mutual masturbation between the couples because they basically agree with each other and validate each other.  But it's amusing to see Jeremy R try to carry on a conversation with someone who clearly knows more than he does on various topics.

• Love 4

I have never figured out how to quote another poster so I will make this a general comment. My opinion on the reason for Jeremy and Audrey leaving the show is that they do not want to be associated with a show that focuses so much about divorce and might even show divorce as a viable option. It goes against the brand they are trying to promote. I remember in an earlier episode Jeremy commented that he was not entirely comfortable even being at family functions because he felt like it made him look like he was supporting his parents bad choices. What a sanctimonious twit. Just my opinion.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, linthia said:

I have never figured out how to quote another poster so I will make this a general comment. My opinion on the reason for Jeremy and Audrey leaving the show is that they do not want to be associated with a show that focuses so much about divorce and might even show divorce as a viable option. It goes against the brand they are trying to promote. I remember in an earlier episode Jeremy commented that he was not entirely comfortable even being at family functions because he felt like it made him look like he was supporting his parents bad choices. What a sanctimonious twit. Just my opinion.

I recall Audrey thanking Jeremy for putting her first, before his “former family”. I don’t recall when that was, though.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:17 PM, Tidbit said:

What expression is she going for? Shock? Surprise? Joy? Does she just want some oats? In the picture of her, Amy, and Jer she looks much better.

In addition to thigh gap, I think she's going for mouth gap.

And honestly, it's ok to be upbeat and positive...all sunshine, rainbows and lollipops regarding life. I get it, that shit sells because young people want to believe that is what life will be for them.

But the most important lessons anyone can learn from are the hard times. These 2 gushy, sugar coated idiots preaching how great THEIR life is, and making money off of starry eyed young people who buy into the idea "this is how beautiful and perfect my life can be" is b.s.

Life is tough with lots of heartaches, challenges and moments of wanting to give up. It is NOT the candy coated FAKE world these 2 money grubbing fools live in. They should be arrested for fraud!😁

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

In addition to thigh gap, I think she's going for mouth gap.

And honestly, it's ok to be upbeat and positive...all sunshine, rainbows and lollipops regarding life. I get it, that shit sells because young people want to believe that is what life will be for them.

But the most important lessons anyone can learn from are the hard times. These 2 gushy, sugar coated idiots preaching how great THEIR life is, and making money off of starry eyed young people who buy into the idea "this is how beautiful and perfect my life can be" is b.s.

Life is tough with lots of heartaches, challenges and moments of wanting to give up. It is NOT the candy coated FAKE world these 2 money grubbing fools live in. They should be arrested for fraud!😁

Exactly.  I don't need advice when everything is going awesome.   I seek advice when things are going wrong, so I need zero advice from Jerk and Oddj about anything.  Not even thigh gaps.

3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Now THAT'S what I call "thigh gap"! 😁 

Jesus is pleased.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

ut the most important lessons anyone can learn from are the hard times. These 2 gushy, sugar coated idiots preaching how great THEIR life is, and making money off of starry eyed young people who buy into the idea "this is how beautiful and perfect my life can be" is b.s.

Well, yeah, because it seems they haven't really hit any true, hard times, yet, just typical 'life bumps' that aren't particularly extraordinary, & have only been married, what, a few years? To be fair I'm just going by what I've heard, & I don't plan on reading the book. 

• Love 2

Ok, maybe I'm old, but what's with Jer's rolled-up pants? Is this a thing, 'cause to me it looks dorky. I can see if you're on the beach, or bike riding, etc., but it seems to be consistent with him.

And Audrey, with her hair on display--are those extensions? She has nice hair, if it's all real--or a good hairdresser.

Anyone else wonder if they were hoping for a crossover episode?  Jer has proven he's not very DIYish . . . Auj probably said, "Let's get Chip and Joanna so that the next project gets done right the first time."

(I can imagine that conversation actually happening.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:32 PM, Tidbit said:

I'm having trouble with quoting. Last sentence says they wrote "a book that will change a generation." I have no words for such arrogance.  

I know this is from a few weeks ago, I am just getting caught up on all things Jerk and Odd.  

HOLY CRAP "arrogance" is right!  Also, God is using THEIR story and pages of their book (???) to inspire, etc.  OH MY GOD!!!  

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:50 AM, ginger90 said:

B8CF7F38-811E-40A2-B3C7-8379BFBB4346.jpeg

19BD66BC-0A61-4064-8887-45B8C5E87E43.jpeg

211F29E2-1FC0-437E-A37E-9F1826E9C30D.jpeg

Thousands of comments??  Seriously?  And the person who wrote this is clearly not all there mentally.  I am surprised Audrey posted this, it sounds a little crazy.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, gonecrackers said:

I may be in the minority but I think it was their choice to leave, albeit a stupid one. Knowing how much they think of themselves my opinion is they felt they didn't need the show & would be a tremendous success on their own. Their huge egos have already inflated even more from the 'success' of their book. They've already got a second book deal going, I read here somewhere?  They think of themselves as authors & influencers; perhaps the family reality show is beneath them now, even though they would be nowhere at this point without having been a part of it.

"Always More - egotistical "

I am 100% sure they left the show because they want their own show and they are sure they will get one.  They mentioned something on the podcast about this, saying that they want to do their own thing.  Of course they don't want to share the spotlight.  

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:42 AM, AZChristian said:

You may be right, but it strikes me as interesting that - given the size of the house they bought - Jeremy decided he need to have an office on the farm.  I wonder how often the production crew has to remind him to stay out of shots as he proffers his expert advice on how a scene should go.

How big is their house?  It looks pretty tiny to me, but I guess we don't really see the whole thing.  From the outside, front, it looks like a little starter house.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:44 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Right. She said that she read it or heard it somewhere.  But, my point is that she agreed with it and took it to heart.  I know many young parents who stay on their phone, social media, etc SO MUCH of the time, and somehow they manage to never read anything about parenting, safety, finances, etc.  

I think she only said that to assuage her "mom guilt" or whatever.  Also, she needs to let her readers/followers know that she was sad to leave her child.  I am sure that when she was offered the opportunity to take her bullshit on the road, to meet her crazy "fans," she didn't stress over leaving her.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:21 AM, Rap541 said:

In fairness, it's a bit of a mutual masturbation between the couples because they basically agree with each other and validate each other.  But it's amusing to see Jeremy R try to carry on a conversation with someone who clearly knows more than he does on various topics.

Off to download!   

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms.

And they have one child but JerK needs an office on the farm... Good grief!

I guess using a spare bedroom as an office isn't prestigious enough for his swollen ego. 🙄

• Love 5

Having an office on the farm also keeps him connected with the farm, & his family who film there & who are, 'coincidentally', the reason for anything he's achieved so far, - that & his wife, who is way more of a go getter than Jer could ever hope to be. But, Jer should be careful, because he may always be one big misstep away from Auj finding herself another gig.

• Love 1

Guys.... a good friend of mine got me a signed copy of A Love Letter Life as an early birthday present! "I know you won't buy it for yourself" she said,  as she handed it to me.

I feel so dirty.... 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Guys.... a good friend of mine got me a signed copy of A Love Letter Life as an early birthday present! "I know you won't buy it for yourself" she said,  as she handed it to me.

I feel so dirty.... 

I would wonder what I had done to that friend to make her hate me.

Why is she saying that the price is "insane" on Amazon?  Doesn't she price the book?  If it is the publisher, is she upset, and thinking it is insane because she will not make as much money?

• LOL 4
24 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I feel so dirty.... 

Come on over and sit beside me, I'm also dirty...... I used a credit on Audible to get it.  

At least you don't have to listen to them read it to you... I've barely listened because their voices are sooooo annoying.  🙄

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I would wonder what I had done to that friend to make her hate me.

Why is she saying that the price is "insane" on Amazon?  Doesn't she price the book?  If it is the publisher, is she upset, and thinking it is insane because she will not make as much money?

It's insane that anyone would shell out 12 bucks for that drivel.

• Love 4

Maybe I’m being picky, but their excessive use of the word “intention” bugs. What do they mean by that? Is one “unintentionally” in love or married?

I still find it hard to believe that there is anything in that book that would be any use to me— married 36 years.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

I still find it hard to believe that there is anything in that book that would be any use to me— married 36 years.

And you're right, so far after listening to about 45 minutes total (I took breaks because their narration is horrible) I haven't heard one damn thing that's of any use to me, also married 30+ yrs.

They love the sound of their own voices and it's them pontificating about their amazing, godly life and how clever they are.  🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The thing I can't believe is that on Audible they have 291 reviews and a 4.9 out of 5 star rating.

There's books on Audible written by excellent authors with real talent that don't have that high of a rating.

Who are these people fawning over this nonsense?

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Who are these people fawning over this nonsense?

Conservative Christians, mostly. The reason you're not seeing negative reviews is that the only people who are buying this book are people who already agree with their views. Have you noticed how they're not bragging any more about the NY Times best seller list? Because they dropped off. They're also ranked at around #4889 in Kindle Sales on Amazon. Essentially they had a strong first few days where fans of their views bought the book. 

The book is awful, by the way.

Please don't think I am not being fair just because I don't like either of them. It's really just a lot of back and forth between them over how awesome they are. Lots of run on sentences, lots and lots of multiple synonyms describing their feelings. The first fast read didn't reveal any hideous spelling errors except "sexy rapsy". 

It's just boring. There's literally no new information and no honest reveals. The couple things that they hinted at were glossed over. Example? Audrey's dramatic health issue? Is literally refered to as "stomach problems". There's no details at all, other than she was eating gluten free at one point and apparently it went undiagnosed. Also she collapsed/fainted in front of her school medical center but concedes she may have had an anxiety attack. She of course refused all medical intervention at that point, despite all the scary symptoms and problems, because she decided she needed a Jesus Intervention.  (and because she wanted to go on a silent retreat) And she broke up with Jeremy basically because she was stressed out.!" 

Predictably, he didn't really get it, or that she was breaking up with him.

Likewise the whole "we won the virginity battle but lost the purity battle, read it in our book!!!" - Yeah, don't bother - this is literally all they say beyond praising each other for not giving in. Based on Jeremy's general lack of honesty, I just don't believe he was a virgin and their "Omg we were so HOT but we didn't, but we kinda did but we were VIRGINS!" talk is really laughable.

All the shameful confessions came from Jeremy - and they were nicely cleaned up and presented as Jeremy learning an important lesson. 

Their weird little rules are interspaced throughout. They both enjoy quoting better writers and overexplaining whatever point they were making. They also clearly adore Chip and Joanna Gaines, right down to stealing the concept of "his" and "her" chapters. 

It's dull.

• Love 15