Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

Aside from TLC, they have the "for profit" website that has 10k followers and little to no advertising (as in I don't think they can be making money as yet as there's no advertising) Jeremy is theoretically a wedding photographer but does not appear to advertise his services. Audrey is a barre3 instructor (dancy yoga stretching) but doesn't appear to actually do this anywhere. She also has her "clothing line" of t-shirts with "Always More" on them and her devotional subscription service (that I can't even get obsessive Christian fans to admit to paying for) Jeremy theoretically was selling photo prints of his work. I can't get any obsessed Christian fans to admit to buying those either and the website for sales has been down for many months now. So yeah, unless they are hiding a major source of employment, they basically live off being reality whores. Mind you this is exactly what I predicted for Jeremy when I was told repeatedly that he was gonna shine out his success to us all - I predicted that he'd realize life was hard, and would end up working on the farm with Daddy Matt since Matt has to employee him. I mean seriously, I suspect Jeremy has never even applied for a job. Why bother?

• Love 5

I don't believe Jeremy reads at all. I just don't. I also don't believe he writes any of the articles attributed to him on his blog. Frankly. I doubt very much that Audrey has read those books either because she surely doesn't practice what she preaches. But I am mostly amused at how they describe themselves sitting down once a year to reread A Severe Mercy.

Yeah, honestly, I get the impression that they listed those books on their website just because they know that that's what good conservative Christians are supposed to read, not necessarily because that's what they've personally read. I'm just trying to be charitable in giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that they've actually done their homework (ha) and read the crap that they're pimping. 

It's the evangelical version of saying that sure, you've totally read Shakespeare. Except that Shakespeare >>>>> Tim Keller. 

I doubt very much that Audrey has read those books either because she surely doesn't practice what she preaches.

Maybe she has and she just completely lacks any degree of self-awareness to realize what a hypocritical Pharisee she is. It wouldn't surprise me. Audrey and Jeremy strike me as people who thoroughly engage in eisegesis. But would those two even know what eisegesis is? 

ETA: I can believe he writes the articles on the blog. The writing isn't particularly amazing - in fact, for a purportedly professional venture, it's decidedly subpar - and it's riddled with typos. 

ETA2: Because I don't love myself, I've been going through some of the various pages on B50 (not the articles). In the "about us" section, this was under Audrey's area: "Naturally insanely curly red hair afro status." Afro status? Her hair was never an afro. Shut up, Audrey. 

I'm also reading her post on her personal blog about having 100 benchmarks for a best friend. The very first one on the list is, "Ditch out on plans with other people to hang out with each other." You know, call me weird, but I take great stock in how my friends treat other people, not just me. (Earlier this year I broke off a friendship with my oldest childhood friend partly because I hated how she treated her girlfriend.) I would not think highly of someone who chose to flake out on a prior commitment just because something better came along, even if that "something better" happened to be me. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 8

If anybody here is wondering what to get the man in their life, never fear, because the newest Beating 50 article is here: Christmas Gift Guide for Him

And yes, their Navigators Council Journal makes the list. 

ETA: Their refund policy for their journal is only 10 days since purchase. That's pretty stingy, isn't it? I'm assuming that they don't offer guaranteed speedy shipping the way Amazon does, either. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 2

I watched their live feed last night on insta story about their navigators council journal. Someone inquired about whether or not this journal could be for couples who were not married. They said to take a look on their site at the same 6 questions that are asked every week to decide. They just gave reason not to buy this journal. You can get the jest of the whole book by looking at the preview.  The only thing that is different would be the devotional portion, which I'm sure is just a summary of their previous beating 50 posts. The questions and calendar portion are the same thing for 52 weeks. Jeremy was pretty proud of the fact that you fill in the number of week you are on. Which doesn't make much sense since most people aren't going to start in the middle of the journalOf course the first page is going to be the start of week 1. Leaving the actual date area blank makes sense since people will not all be starting on the same day, but the number of weeks will all be the same. 

Another person asked if the weeks built on each other. Neither understood what they meant. It doesn't take much sense to know that means.  

After hearing those guys talk and answer questions live I  now believe that they spend 52 hours a week on that oh so "knowledgeable" ire of theirs like they've stated before. All of those hours are spent listening to other people sermons/ speeches rewording It to write their articles and trying to make them sound intelligent. 

• Love 3

I'm more struck by the really obvious spelling and grammar errors in the shown pages are actually a bit... disrespectful of them, in my opinion. I mean, I get pumping the product out while the iron is hot and the minimal fame from the show won't last long.... but "stuarding our finances"? "Pursing a mate"? If you don't give a shit enough about the product to do even minimal proofreading, then you obviously don't give a damn about the final product. I'm already annoyed that they openly and rather proudly stole the whole concept of "The Navigators Council" from a book they theoretically read and are now presenting it as their own magical wisdom... but the complete lack of professionalism in the writing tells me exactly what they are doing - they're pushing a product they put minimal effort into in hopes of getting money from suckers. I know I am being "fussy" and they and their fans will make the standard "oh, but they are putting themselves out there with their oh so important message" - well, their words reflect on them. Whatever their message is, they obviously don't care enough about their precious message to write it in standard correct English, and the image they project is two vapid idiots who are barely literate. That is what not caring about presentation accomplishes.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, galax-arena said:

If anybody here is wondering what to get the man in their life, never fear, because the newest Beating 50 article is here: Christmas Gift Guide for Him

And yes, their Navigators Council Journal makes the list. 

ETA: Their refund policy for their journal is only 10 days since purchase. That's pretty stingy, isn't it? I'm assuming that they don't offer guaranteed speedy shipping the way Amazon does, either. 

Whiskey is the devil in liquid form. Don't they know this?

Just watched Tori's insta live story. It had 5 to 6 times as many viewers as the beating50 ones I've watched. The journal one topped out at like 230 maybe 240.  Tori and Molly were discussing the gender of the baby. Jeremy was trolling and said "you said gender ? It's 2016?". Tori was confused but Molly explained you say sex cuz gender is determined by the what the child identifies with. He later said he was joking, but I doubt it. I'm sure with his closed mindedness he has shown theoughout his life, past and present, he was saying so mockingly. 

• Love 5

Oh its the holidays so I will confess to occasionally feeling a little sorry for Jeremy.

Just a little, but I do.

Jeremy is every guy who peaked in high school. He's not very smart, and he played sports well enough to be a big deal in school but not go anywhere with it, and his parents encouraged him to view and treat his home as a playland.

But where is he at 26? He's never held a job his father didn't get for him, he has no marketable skills, and he has a fine arts degree that isn't recognized from a school that no longer exists. Ignore the show for a moment - or rather accept the reality of the impact of the show. If Jeremy wasn't on tv, he'd be in a world of hurt and he has to have some understanding of that. He's twenty six years old and his career plans are..... ? What, inherit the farm? To be honest, even if that was possible (and I don't think it is - I don't think Matt and Amy would screw over the other kids, and more and more they both seem a little taken back at Audrey's plans for their property) I genuinely question if Jeremy could keep that farm running and I suspect that notion is somewhere in the back of Jeremy's mind as well.

So Jeremy is married to a female version of his dad and since he's made such a public to-do over marriage, no matter if the marriage is good or bad, he has to at least pay public lip service to never giving up, never divorcing. Because people are going to rip the shit out of both of them if they ever do divorce - they've been too publically condescending and assholish on the subject. And I suspect despite the public lip service on the topic, that he's not too anxious to have children. I've actually read A Severe Mercy, Jer's supposedly favorite book and along with ripping off their Navigator's Council concept from the book, and the pretentious naming of hmes, I wonder if Jer and Auj also agree with the protagonist in not having children as children steal their mother's love from their father and a couple with children can't focus their love solely on each other. (Personally I seriously question whether Jeremy has actually read that book, but that's a different topic)

The problem is that they - Jer and Auj - are also espousing a Christian faith that eventually requires them to have a child or state they can't for some reason. I hate to be obnoxious on the point but Christian evangelicals who whine and moan about same sex marriage are usually of the "we're fucking to produce new Christians" variety.  And I think a baby will mess them up.

• Love 3

Agreed with a but....

But he'd need to prove it, and really prove it, not just hint around at it, because a LOT of his fans are really *her* fans.

And I genuinely sense if the big boy made such an accusation and it wasn't true, that Audrey's inner Satan would pop on out. An untrue accusation of adultery? She'd flip.

• Love 3

If Jer hadn't been on television he would have worked something out job wise. He would have had to. I think that having the adoration of she shows fans may have made him think that he is deserving of it somehow. It was really Matt and Amy and their willingness to share their live sand challenges as Little People that garnered the fan base. I think that the initial idea was brilliant and I am certain that the show has helped overcome any stigma people may have had about little people. But the kids shouldn't be looking at it as a meal ticket for the remainder of their lives.

• Love 3

Is that image and the blurb at the bottom all there is to it?   Because that doesn't really seem like a Christmas card.  It looks more like some random handbill they printed up to celebrate themselves and their various adventures.  I guess Baby Jesus can just lump it on his birthday this year (and apparently, so can Pine the Cat, who is mentioned in the greetings but isn't in any of the pictures).  Odd and Jerk only have enough ink to glorify themselves! 

• Love 7

I tried Oddj's Christmas Beer Soup tonight. I was curious if it'd be good because I like chicken mole.  It was awful. Some people might like it, but it wasn't for me or the other people who tried it.  Wasn't sure if it was the beer, I used IPA and that usually tastes bitter to me, or the chocolate. You can also find the exact recipe here (Food Network).  

Just watched Jeremy's live insta story (will be available for 24 hours I Believe) . He took a picture of 4 girls who were all on their phones he typed phone on each girl. is it just me or does he seem like a condescending hypocrite?as he was on his phone taking their picture and insta-Storting throughout the day. 

IMG_1820.PNG

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Claire1745 said:

Just watched Jeremy's live insta story (will be available for 24 hours I Believe) . He took a picture of 4 girls who were all on their phones he typed phone on each girl. is it just me or does he seem like a condescending hypocrite?as he was on his phone taking their picture and insta-Storting throughout the day. 

IMG_1820.PNG

And he and the missus insta-live literally EVERYTHING. He I-Led himself running back into his house because he forgot his license. He ILed random traffic in NYC five or six times. STFU you precious hipster.

• Love 4

The real humor here is that Jeremy just isn't smart enough to realize how he's making an ass of himself by using social media to shame people for using social media.

I mean really "Guys, I hate how social media prevents real conversation so to make my point, I'm using my phone and social media to post on line on my social media accounts how wrong these people are!" is a pretty fucking stupid message.

But then this is the half wit who thinks he's clever with such commentary as "Serious discussion can't take place on social media and also please read my blog on how intensely seriously my personal *fight to maintain my covenant marriage* is and how seriously I think marriage should be taken!"

• Love 11

All I know, is that if someone snapped a photo of him posting this with his smart phone, he'd be *bitching* how he was being judged for an instant of time and only shitty haters make instant judgements like that.... Because poor lil Jeremy is a victim!

It would never dawn on him that he's using social media exactly the way he insists he doesn't like - he took a picture and made a nasty public judgement about people he doesn't know because he wanted to garner attention for himself.

• Love 5

Everyone brace yourselves. Oddj just wrote on Instagram that her and Jerk are in the process of writing their first book. Can't say I'm surprised, they've hinted at it before.  I can't wait to read about their wedding, many vacations, and 52 hour work weeks. Heck, they might even have a section in the middle for all the pictures from the numerous photo shoots they've had of themselves. Please give me a break. Just because they moved to Bend and used their "celebrity status" networked their way into the circle of published authors ( Dale Partridge, Jennifer Smith - Unveiled Wife, wrote 31 Prayers for My Husband, Aaron Smith 31 Prayers for My Wife- (sure that's where they got some material for their blog 9 Prayers to Pray Over Your Husband/Wife)) Now they think they can write a book. These are also the people who belong to the house church with them. Maybe they should focus on one thing and become better at it and try to reach an audience outside of their fanatical over zealous religious fans. Like learn how to spell check, design some clothes that take actual talent instead of choosing a font, practice what they preach, or add more than one article to their for profit blog.

PS her mantra for this year is "fruitful". Bet they try and get pregnant this year. Cant be overshadowed by Zach and Tori's baby and Molly's wedding. 

• Love 1

Yeah they've definitely hinted about writing a book before. I hope if they do publish, that they do a better job of spell checking. The "stuarding" and "pursed" stuff in their little notebooks is straight up sad for two college graduates. Granted, Jeremy went to a diploma mill, but Auj really has no excuse.

On 1/1/2017 at 8:10 AM, ginger90 said:

Amy is promoting for them

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOp5Dl0hYAT/

According to strict grammarians "impactful" isn't a word, Amy.  Which is why my spell check doesn't recognize it.  It's one of those stupid made up words like literally, which is used so much that it will probably make to the dictionary, along with irregardless.

• Love 2

This is really nitpicky, but if I go too long without bitching about the Roloffs I get antsy: In Audrey's instagram post pimping her Navigators Council journal, I notice that she says that the journals are 30% off. Audrey, sis, $10 off $30 is 1/3, or 33%. She also gives a link to the NC website as "naviagatorscouncil.com." If you want people to buy your shit and front like this is a professional venture, couldn't you at least get the link right? Obviously anyone can figure it out, but still. 

• Love 3

Watching this new episode and listening to Jeremy and Audrey complain "we need set boundaries to make sure we have privacy" and "They are taking up the only two building sites on the farm so if anyone else wants to come here or live here gets a lot more confusing" all I can think of grow up. These two are the reason we millennials get a bad rap, in fact they are the prime example of what the older generations think a millennial is. They are so entitled and self righteous it makes me sick. Jeremy, Audrey, you're in your mid to late twenties, here's an idea go buy your own house, buy out a property next to the farm so you can have your "privacy". Zach wants his mom to be happy whereas Jeremy just wants mom and dad to get back together so a "building site" frees up so they can kick Amy to the DW and slip right into the mansion.

Did anyone else get the vibe that Jerk and Oddj are talking baby because they feel the fading spotlight fade even more away from them with Zach and Tori's baby on the way. Its obvious the Tori is pregnant in this episode. I bet it is just killing them that they aren't going to bring the first grandchild into the Roloff family. 

Next Episode, Jeremy and Audrey did mention that they want to move into the big house so where does that put you(Amy)? Really, they love and care about Amy so much they are going to question her about going on a  date were there will be physical contact because they are riding a motorcycle that the ungrateful  are going to put her out on the street. If these are the people who hold "influence" over anyone this world is doomed.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, MarysWetBar said:

These two just sickened me in the episode I just watched. Those 2 entitled condescending SNOTS!

I need to calm down before I post anymore.   

'We need to set boundaries'...like don't have your friends over in your house. Because we need privacy, in your house. 

• Love 9

Jeremy said he is going to do a live insta story on his Instagram accounts about Navigators Council, photos/composites, and randoms if anyone wants to follow along and get enlightened by Jeremy's wisdom. He didn't know what time so I guess you'll just have to watch. Seriously, I don't know why I watch some of them. I swear I lose more brain cells listening to him than I would drink a whole bottle of paint thinner.

• Love 2

I hope Amy is the one who "sets boundaries."  It's HER house, and she can have the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in for a sing along every night at midnight if she likes!  Entitled does not even begin to describe the attitude I saw tonight.  

Amy is happy.  Leave her alone!  Move in with Matt in the trailer.  The three of you have a lot in common.

• Love 6
Guest BarkyVonSchnauzer

"I wanted to do something special for our anniversary so I decorated the covered bridge with artifacts from the farm."

Artifacts?  You had a pop-up cot, battery-operated candles and a geometric-print rug.  Idiot.

1 hour ago, MarysWetBar said:

These two just sickened me in the episode I just watched. Those 2 entitled condescending SNOTS!

I need to calm down before I post anymore.   

Same here. I never liked either of them, but I literally cannot stand them now. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, thebalconyfool said:

Same here. I never liked either of them, but I literally cannot stand them now. 

So greedy. Doesn't thou shalt not covet thy neighbors possessions rate as a sin in their religion?  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I Timothy 5:8 -

Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

I'm not sure how you're meaning to use this. Are you trying to say if Amy and Matt don't give the golden couple a house they're not a believer? Or are you saying that if Jeremy can't provide for his family, Audrey, that he's not a believer?

If you read that verse in the context that it's written with the surrounding verses,I believe it means you, who are able, provide for your elderly family or members who can't provide for themselves. Paul talks about caring for the elderly men in the community and to care for the widows in the community. Which when this was written woman probably didn't have the means to care for themselves because they were homemakers and didn't work a job that earned them a wage.

This is my interpretation anyway. And Jeremy and Audrey are physically and mentally capable of have a real traditional job. Because we all know if it wasn't for the show no one would have even heard of their website or his  photographs. Heck even with the show I don't think his photos sold very well  

Amy and Matt have provided a rather lavish lifestyle for their children, cars, insane amount of vacations, free college, etc.  

Even before TLC money came they were provided love, food, clothes, a house, and vacations - though not as lavishly .

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Claire1745 said:

I'm not sure how you're meaning to use this. Are you trying to say if Amy and Matt don't give the golden couple a house they're not a believer? Or are you saying that if Jeremy can't provide for his family, Audrey, that he's not a believer?

Thanks for the follow-up question.  I confess that I didn't go back and read the whole chapter in context; I was actually searching for the verse about "if you don't work, you don't eat" (paraphrase).  I just grabbed this one because of the irony of J&A - who don't seem to understand the concept of "work" - want to lay down the law for everyone else.

I can't - and won't judge - whether anyone else is a "believer."  That's not my job.  I'm just saying that someone who professes the Christian faith harms their witness if they live a self-involved life and expect others to give them things that they have not worked for.  Generosity from the parents is their business; but these expectations from a child (who has three siblings) are - IMHO - the kinds of things that make onlookers go, "Really?"

• Love 9