Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

Pardon my boldness, but I've started this thread in the hopes that discussions of their "uniqueness" can go here and those of us who really want to discuss the episodes can skip stories of what the special snowflakes are doing in their personal lives.

Mods, if this is inappropriate, please feel free to delete.

• Love 6

Can you imagine? :D

"TO HAVE AND TO HOLD, AUJ! I VOW! Now you have to touch it, to you know, hold it...."

"In Jesus's name, I pray... shouldn't it be bigger? Maybe we should recite more?"

"Maybe you should touch it more...."

"DEAR JESUS! IN YOUR NAME I PRAY FOR MORE COCK! ALWAYS MORE COCK, JESUS!"

What kind of egos do these two have to think anyone is interested in their sex life? And, as Christians, if sex is so sacred why are they doing everything but putting up videos?

Its actually for a very calculated reason, Willowsmom. They are trying to present themselves as Christian spokespeople, and because they're young and hipster, they're trying to brand themselves as "cool". Uncool Christians are like the Duggar girls with their "Mom and Dad know best" and their endless rules. Jer and Auj want to appear like they're Christian but also super cool, so they do stuff like this.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
added stuff
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

If I understand their natterings on the internet correctly, they are planning to put out a book on marriage.

Why do I have a feeling that's going to be one heck of a book club reading :)

Perfect for Vanity Press.  In more ways than one.

• Love 4

Jer and Auj did a web blog that was about how erotic reading their wedding vows to each other is and how they get off sexually on reciting said vows.

There's also a fresh blog as of today that is 15 things to do on your honeymoon (because Jer and Auj have been married for two years and their lives are all about how they got married and had a honeymoon). It's equally hilarious and sex focused. Auj assures us that reading vows is erotic as hell (to where I seriously thing she's touching herself writing about it), its very very important on the honeymoon to FUCK FUCK FUCK! And of course to LEARN HOW BEST TO FUCK YOUR PARTNER BECAUSE MARRIEDS FUCK! Female marrieds also need to dress up in lingerie for their man (male marrieds don't) and of course arranging a special sexy underwear photoshoot is a MUST!

The rest of the advice is a rehash of their previous advice - do our special navigator council, establish a date night, establish what Jesus's place is in all this fucking, turn off your phones, blah blah blah.

I genuinely love all of their hilarious assumptions about the world that this article betrays. Seriously folks, how many millennials do you know who can, at 25ish, take off a week of work for the honeymoon and go to the Caribbean, buy sexy lingerie and perfume, etc etc etc. Even their financial advice, while well intended, shows how casual they are about the assumption of wealth. They call each other to check on purchases of 100 dollars or more - which considering that's about what I spend on groceries a week, means they have a lot of walking around money that most people their age don't have. It's also pretty not true, that they do this - their blogs constantly talk about how they buy surprise stuff for each other... Auj didn't buy Jer's motorcycle for under a 100 bucks...

• Love 5

By Jer and Auj's logic on being marriage experts after a vast 2 yrs of marriage... I just passed the NCLEX (board exam to be a registered nurse) last week, which means I'm a expert, but I have a feeling if you or someone you loved was in the ICU you probably wouldn't want me to be the one caring for you. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely qualified to care for someone... But ICU is critical care, which requires careful observation and experience, something I simply don't have, and that's ok. thats the thing with Jer and Auj, nobody expects them to be experts at this point, they have put themselves in that position and I feel like they view being a novice at something a bad thing, so they spout forth their infinite wisdom... But if they took a step back and gave themselves space to learn I think people would be perfectly ok with it. I'm fine with taking advice from someone who has been through something... But they hand out advice like they have been married 20 yrs, when there are a ton of "firsts" they haven't even experienced yet. 

The anti divorce movement infuriates me... I don't think it should be treated like a easy out, or done frivously... But if 2 people find they are not right for each other I don't think they should feel guilty about moving on... We change, we make mistakes. Again I also feel that it should be avoided, but with that I mean the decision to marry should be thoroughly thought out, not that you should remain miserable because of a unforeseen circumstance. 

When I was in 2nd grade my parents got divorced. My dad was an alcoholic, I honestly have no idea if my mom was unaware of the drinking when they got married, or was ok with it but eventually changed her mind... But it was clear he was a danger to my siblings and I, so my moms parents pushed for the divorce. In that time my mom started going to church, and while our specific church did not push the no divorce agenda, my mom at some point regretted it, and made it her life work to get our dad back.  About 2 years later it finally worked and my dad did come back, and they were remarried, but none of the alcohol issues were resolved or even acknowledged. My home life was chaotic, we frequently didn't have food because my dad lost his job for being drunk, or he spent his last dollar of vodka instead of food, he would become violent, belligerent... But all that mattered was they remained married, who cares that it could have cost me and my families our lives.  

When I was a Jr in high school my dad passed out drunk like he did many a times... But this time he passed out on the couch with a lit cigarette and caught our house on fire. Thankfully he was uninjured, and my mom, my brother and I were visiting my sister in college so we weren't home... But that story could have easily had a very different ending. 

Which brings me to my (long-winded) point... In this case divorce was absolutely the best choice. I don't know if there was a red flag or reason that my mom maybe should have seen to prevent them from being married in the first place, but that doesn't matter, the situation was that they were married, and had 3 children... And our lives should not have been risked for the sake of maintaining the sanctity of marriage.

• Love 17

I'm Christian myself and agree with avoiding divorce, not at all cost like Jernauj, but in general.

However, my biggest problem with Jernauj's efforts is their ignorance and arrogance. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has left comments on their blog to the effect of "You've been married two years; stop acting like you know everything" and these comments are always blocked. That shows they're more worried about their branding than actually giving advice. That's not Christian.

Edited by sucker4reality
typos
  • Love 7

They went through and excised all the critical comments and their own responses that were less than charmingly optimistic. For the record, I have never bothered commenting there.

It's not that they've been married for just two years, its that they really have nothing relevant to say to anyone.  I've said this before - do they have the same problems that an average millennial faces in marriage? Not counting the reality show, these two have no real job pressures - they don't work, the blog clearly doesn't take that much time even though they clearly don't bother with a proofreader. You know, having a date night is a great idea, but it's certainly not unique to them and since they DONT work regular jobs, they never have to deal with getting out late or being too tired or needing to call it a night early because someone needs to get up for work the next day.

They don't have children so they can't speak to how that affects a marriage with any relevancy (and to give them some credit, they never ever mention the impact of children on a relationship, its totally not on their radar) They don't work so they can't discuss the problems of job loss or career issues. Any money woes they might have are very insulated money woes - by that I mean, its all well and good to decide to consult each other on purchases over 100 dollars but they are clearly not arguing over whether to pay the past due rent or the past due electric bill. And I'm going to be honest, most of their tips that don't involve fucking or spending money don't really sound like things they actually do. I genuinely don't believe that Jeremy and Auj read the same book over and over (Although A Severe Mercy, the book in question, certainly inspires their constant obsession on navel gazing and analyzing their marriage) and I really don't believe they sit down at the table once a week and do their Navigator Council questions no matter what because frankly NOTHING in how they live suggests any sort of discipline at all. If it smacks of effort and not enjoying oneself, they don't do it. I mean guys, for all they prat about being Christian, they don't actually belong to a church, nor do they actually attend church.

If they're seriously worried about branding, then I would worry less about the occasionally critical comment and instead tone down the "WE LOVE CARNAL KNOWLEDGE OF OUR BODIES! DONT FORGET MARRIAGE MEANS FUCKING! FUCKING FOR JESUS IS SENSUAL AND COOL AND RECITE YOUR WEDDING VOWS WHEN YOUR HUSBAND EJACULATES! ALWAYS MORE!" stuff. Because really, Auj, Jer? Having sex is kinda like going to the bathroom. We all know what it is, only children need to brag how awesome they are for doing it.

• Love 13

From Jeremy's latest Beating 50 Percent post:

You know that feeling when you hear something, weather it’s something you should start, or something you should quit, and to your discomfort it’s immediately confirmed in your heart?

Okay, I normally don't pick on someone's spelling and/or grammar. But I've noticed that B50P's posts are riddled with errors. This isn't someone's personal blog or a comment on a message board. Jeremy and Audrey obviously have delusions of grandeur when it comes to making B50P a ~thing, but they can't bother to proofread their shit? Maybe get a beta? 

Do they even run their posts by each other before publishing? I don't think Audrey's some great brain trust, but I want to think that she'd catch a mistake as groan-worthy as "weather." 

Actually, even aside from the obvious typos, their writing just isn't good. Rambling and all over the place. And I think they've been taking lessons from J.K. Rowling on how to commit ellipses abuse. I abuse ellipses too (not to mention parentheses, hehe) but a comment on a message board is not synonymous with purportedly professional writing. 

• Love 4

If they want to be thought to be professionals and worthy of taking peoples' money, then they should be professional enough to turn out a decent product.  If that entails hiring a writer or editor, then they should do so. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:58 PM, galax-arena said:

From Jeremy's latest Beating 50 Percent post:

Okay, I normally don't pick on someone's spelling and/or grammar. But I've noticed that B50P's posts are riddled with errors. This isn't someone's personal blog or a comment on a message board. Jeremy and Audrey obviously have delusions of grandeur when it comes to making B50P a ~thing, but they can't bother to proofread their shit? Maybe get a beta? 

Do they even run their posts by each other before publishing? I don't think Audrey's some great brain trust, but I want to think that she'd catch a mistake as groan-worthy as "weather." 

Actually, even aside from the obvious typos, their writing just isn't good. Rambling and all over the place. And I think they've been taking lessons from J.K. Rowling on how to commit ellipses abuse. I abuse ellipses too (not to mention parentheses, hehe) but a comment on a message board is not synonymous with purportedly professional writing. 

Please never lump them together with J.K.Rowling again. Thank you.

But I agree with the sentiment. In one of the tell-all specials, Her said they had the same "careers," Jer doing his photography and Audrey "being a writer." You don't just get to declare something as your career, kids.

• Love 2

I think the problem is that they're so impressed with themselves, and they're so insulated from the realities of the world that they really do perceive the mildest of criticisms not as constructive advice but as "you must hate us". Early on there were some respectful suggestions on their website to consider a proof reader. Those remarks are now gone. I have also seen people respectfully suggest it on their instagrams and be shouted down by other posters that it was hateful etc to do anything but praise the two.

Now, I personally think Jeremy has been raised in a bubble where until things really fall apart, his every whim will be praised by his doting parents as "Jeremy is successful" but some of his comments are so stunningly arrogant, it's like , when you watch the show and you see his parents never teach him any manners and like, yes, that's real, because he's got no manners now when he thinks he's right. He had an online tiff with someone over his views on the Sabbath (apparently Auj and Jer love taking a day off once a week to worship the lord by rock climbing or fucking or playing chess, and feel since they have busy schedules that it doesn't matter WHAT day they choose for personal pleasure day, as long as they insist on having goof off day - I'd respect the "Sabbath" concept from both of them more if they didn't describe with glee how the Sabbath was their day to focus on themselves and pleasuring themselves, and I find myself thinking that they probably should actually attend church occasionally before they go on about this) Anyway, someone made a snide comment to the effect of some of us can't afford to not work. Precious Jer snots about how its having priorities, and called the person a workaholic, and the poster responded with how they're a single parent. At which point, fans circled around and pumped Jer up because you know, the poor precious Jer can't bear to not have his ass kissed over his every pronouncement, no matter how assholish it is. It's comments like that which make me sorta wish a baby on those two.

Just so, three years after the baby comes, we can sit Jer down and ask him how right he still thinks he is. Mind you, I'm sure his mommy and daddy will still huddle around him and insist his every move is perfect.

• Love 7
On 9/18/2016 at 2:31 PM, ZoloftBlob said:

FUCKING FOR JESUS IS SENSUAL AND COOL AND RECITE YOUR WEDDING VOWS WHEN YOUR HUSBAND EJACULATES! ALWAYS MORE!" 

HA!  I am dying.

Quick question - what does "Auj Poj" mean/stand for?  If Auj is short for Audrey, what is with the Poj?

• Love 1
On 10/5/2016 at 4:27 PM, sucker4reality said:

You don't just get to declare something as your career, kids.

Well, they are just following the inspired example of Amy, IMO the most repulsive of all the Roloff family.

Amy clearly believes that you can pole vault over actual education and preparation for a career, and just declare yourself finished.

So far, she has declared herself a "teacher" (no, she was a classroom aide lacking entirely the learning and certification to teach legally in Oregon); holder of a "business degree" (no, she holds a lesser degree in hospitality, conferred by a business school); a "chef" and "cookbook writer" (oh Jesus, give me a break: Wonder Bread, Miracle Whip and processed lunch meat is not cooking, it is food preparation—as are cake mixes, canned frosting and bottled spaghetti sauce on pasta boiled to mush). I could go on . . . .

So why wouldn't Jeremy and his little bride not follow the example of his mother, and the path she has cleared for them?

• Love 6

In fairness I can cite chapter and verse of Matt Roloff doing the same thing. But it's a fair point. Particularly when Matt and to a lesser extent Amy were held up as TLC marriage champions in comparison to those horrible Gosselins!

I am seriously waiting for Jeremy to call himself "a writer" because I think its very obvious that Audrey writes his blog entries

• Love 4

You know, I am beginning to see some flaws in the much praised articles of beating50percent. Has anyone noticed how um... constantly repetitive the advice is?

"Hey guys these are 11/16/49 ideas to try while waiting for your next wedding anniversary/planning your wedding/pondering your wedding day yet again.

1. Time for your daily "READ YOUR WEDDING VOWS TO EACH OTHER!" This never gets old, the *reading of vows* and you get plus points if your spouse starts masturbating since you have taught your spouse that the sacred reading of the vows is a sex trigger!

2. That leads us to advise point number two! ALWAYS REMEMBER TO FUCK! OH JESUS HOW GOOD MARRIAGES INVOLVE GOOD *CONSTANT* FUCKING! Girls, don't forget to educate yourselves to your husband's cock. This is more important than college!

3. When you're not doing the first two, write letters to each other about the first two. Because this never ever gets old, and it also allows us to pretend we're disconnected from the technology we are intentionally exploiting to make money off of you. (After all, Auj isn't offering to write LETTERS to people wanting her sage wisdom, she's texting her weekly missives!)

4. When in doubt, go on a lengthy vacation for two! Of course we pay lip service to the notion of jobs and kids but we have neither and we know how very very very important it is for us to have our special vacation time away from well... our non existant children and jobs. And never mind how much renting a cabin costs! I mean, sure I will tell you that you can just do a tent in the back yard but for my vacations, its always a nicely appointed cabin/bed and breakfast, thank you very much.

5. Did I mention the FUCKING??? BECAUSE MARRIAGE IS FUCKING! You have a wedding for the FUCKING!

6. Watch your wedding video. Of course recite your vows. Look at your wedding pictures. Make a giant collage of your wedding pictures. Dress in your wedding clothes and pretend at least once a day that you are getting married right then because nothing will ever be better than your wedding and you must celebrate it, contemplate it, and thrust your cock while reciting from memory your vows or else you WILL GET DIVORCED

7-49 - a variation of the above with added gift giving. Seriously, its just the same lists over and over, lather, fuck, rinse, repeat.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
the workcomputer formats posts badly
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ZoloftBlob said:

You know, I am beginning to see some flaws in the much praised articles of beating50percent. Has anyone noticed how um... constantly repetitive the advice is?

... Seriously, its just the same lists over and over, lather, fuck, rinse, repeat.

I will have to take your word that the articles are all the same, Zoloft.  I can't get through even one of them.

NOT. ONE.

• Love 4
On 10/6/2016 at 1:21 PM, heatherchandler said:

HA!  I am dying.

Quick question - what does "Auj Poj" mean/stand for?  If Auj is short for Audrey, what is with the Poj?

I think it's Audrey's play on hodge podge. She's a clever one, that Auj. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, auntl said:

If I acted like a foolish, ridiculous, self involved idiot, who actually had the nerve to think that I could give other people marriage advice when I was a twentysomething, newly married, no nothing, my parents would have had a talk with me and put a stop to it immediately. They would have been embarrassed by my actions.

It really makes you wonder about Matt and Amy and Auj's parents. Aren't they ashamed of this stupid website? Can't they talk to their kids and put a stop to this nonsense?

It's a parent's job to tell their child when they are behaving badly - even if their child is an adult.

11 hours ago, auntl said:

If I acted like a foolish, ridiculous, self involved idiot, who actually had the nerve to think that I could give other people marriage advice when I was a twentysomething, newly married, no nothing, my parents would have had a talk with me and put a stop to it immediately. They would have been embarrassed by my actions.

It really makes you wonder about Matt and Amy and Auj's parents. Aren't they ashamed of this stupid website? Can't they talk to their kids and put a stop to this nonsense?

It's a parent's job to tell their child when they are behaving badly - even if their child is an adult.

On the contrary, Audrey's parents helped contribute advice/inspiration because they were separated for a while and got back together. Matt and Amy attended the launch party while going through a divorce.

Sucker, on occasion they do talk about couples that they have interviewed. That said, I think they count a lot of things like engaging in their navigator's council, discussing their feelings with each other, and going on date nights, to be "working on the blog". Clearly they aren't spending any of that 50 hours a week proofreading the on the postings. I've also noticed that they're either simply not accepting comments any more, or they're not getting any, on the website although the instagrams do seem to get comments. And I'm not seeing any ads beyond Datebox which is a friend situation, and Amazon.... I'm not predicting failure but I bet in about six months they post about how "their journey" is taking them elsewhere.... Also Aud apparently is wishy washy against Covergirl putting a man on the cover. Not willing to say whats really on her mind - that she isn't in transgender issues, but posting "Confused?" and declaring how she's not against the man on the cover but against Covergirl's message... a message she can't or won't articulate beyond how confused she is.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, auntl said:

A majority of Fundamentalist Christians believe that LBGT behavior is a sin. I don't personally agree. I think any adult should handle their sexuality as they want, provided it only involves themselves and other consenting adults.

People have different moral codes based on their faith or just based on their personal morality system. The thing about America is, all people are entitled to their own morality code, whether it is all accepting or not. People are allowed to believe what they want.

I don't think it's fair to brand the Roloffs as bad people because they don't agree with my point of view regarding the LBGT community. Their morality code is different than mine and they are entitled to it without being judged.

Auj obviously isn't comfortable with a transgender person appearing on CoverGirl magazine's cover. Even though I don't agree, that is her right as an American.

When you work to impose your "morality code" onto others, into their lives and to limit their reasonable aspirations, then you are in fact "bad people"; to strip LBGT citizens of the rights and privileges that you and others enjoy automatically and without question, is to  engage in "bad" behavior.

Religious dogma is not public policy and has no place in public policy—a simple fact that flies over the heads of the oblivious, ill-educated and"diverse" Roloff clan.

Edited by Mike p.
Typo
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, auntl said:

A majority of Fundamentalist Christians believe that LBGT behavior is a sin. I don't personally agree. I think any adult should handle their sexuality as they want, provided it only involves themselves and other consenting adults.

People have different moral codes based on their faith or just based on their personal morality system. The thing about America is, all people are entitled to their own morality code, whether it is all accepting or not. People are allowed to believe what they want.

I don't think it's fair to brand the Roloffs as bad people because they don't agree with my point of view regarding the LBGT community. Their morality code is different than mine and they are entitled to it without being judged.

Auj obviously isn't comfortable with a transgender person appearing on CoverGirl magazine's cover. Even though I don't agree, that is her right as an American.

So Audrey is free as an American to judge other people and state her opinion, but other Americans are not free to judge her for her opinion and state their feelings about what she said?

I can't agree with that. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Sucker, on occasion they do talk about couples that they have interviewed. That said, I think they count a lot of things like engaging in their navigator's council, discussing their feelings with each other, and going on date nights, to be "working on the blog". Clearly they aren't spending any of that 50 hours a week proofreading the on the postings. I've also noticed that they're either simply not accepting comments any more, or they're not getting any, on the website although the instagrams do seem to get comments. And I'm not seeing any ads beyond Datebox which is a friend situation, and Amazon.... I'm not predicting failure but I bet in about six months they post about how "their journey" is taking them elsewhere.... Also Aud apparently is wishy washy against Covergirl putting a man on the cover. Not willing to say whats really on her mind - that she isn't in transgender issues, but posting "Confused?" and declaring how she's not against the man on the cover but against Covergirl's message... a message she can't or won't articulate beyond how confused she is.

Also, the 50 hours is probably between the two of them, so 25 hours a week each. 

3 hours ago, auntl said:

I 100 percent agree. But have the Roloffs worked to impose their morality code onto others, or just stated their opinion?

Yes, they have worked to impose their morality code.

What disgusts me especially about the Roloffs—Matt and Amy—is that they travel the country speaking as well-paid advocates for social justice (diversity), but return to the farm to host fundraisers for Oregon's most religiously right-wing, anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-immigrant, anti-choice political candidates. That is a statement of fact. And if this isn't working to impose a moral code, I don't know what is. 

Further, Amy has supported, via statements, web presences and in other ways, work by Tony Perkins and his Family Research Council not just to oppose issues like marriage equality, but actually to rescind and destroy gay civil rights measures—housing, employment and public accommodations—passed in varied municipalities and larger jurisdictions, in the manner of Anita Bryant. That is a statement of fact. And if that isn't working to impose a moral code, I don't know what is.

To me, work for social justice is an honorable calling—much like the ministry is said to be. To the Roloffs, it is a merely a meal ticket. 

Edit: I realize that I must seem all wound-up and contrary to the light tone of this site. But I consider the Roloffs to be frauds posing and grasping for money and celebrity in a very important human discipline, which they demean by their behaviors, and for which they have no true respect.

Edited by Mike p.
Typos, addition
  • Love 8

I 100 percent agree. But have the Roloffs worked to impose their morality code onto others, or just stated their opinion?

What Mike P said and I would add that Jeremy and Audrey make it clear on their website that they are "covenant married" Christians. Until they got *publicized* for it, they openly stated their website for marriage was NOT for gays. They don't define covenant marriage as bluntly as some of their outspoken counterparts (no doubt because Audrey wants to be a public speaker and because Matt and Amy do work as diversity speakers) but if you look up Christian covenant marriage, you find a whole lot of people who are adamant that marriage is between a man and a woman only. Coupled with the "our website is not for gays" then yes I think Jer and Auj have a morality code they are delighted to impose on others. They have since excised the website not being for gays but its immortalized on radar online.com and I can tell you from looking at their website that at least on one occasion they removed the comments of someone who was gay who was praising them for helping him reach new understanding with his male partner.

That said, I personally find it more disgusting that Auj and Jer are clearly trying to avoid embracing the realities of being two proud Christian covenant marrieds who feel marriage is between a man and a woman only. Auj is currently professing to be a professional writer. So far, her stand on Covergirl is that she's "confused about the message" but also "outright disagress with" the message Covergirl is sending... the message she is confused about. This is clearly a little dance to show her Christian fans she's on their side without really committing to it.

Frankly, like the rest of the Roloffs, I'd respect her more if she'd just own it instead of doing this massive dance. It's been clear for years that the Roloffs have some unpleasant views that they hide because Matt and Amy work as diversity speakers asking for acceptance but the whole point of Christian covenant marriage is that marriage is between a man and a woman only. If that's what Auj and Jer support then they support restricting the legal rights of people who don't share their religious beliefs.

• Love 7

Yeah, while afaik the Roloffs haven't gone on record as explicitly disavowing civil rights for LGBT people, IMO their stance is made implicitly clear by the people they associate with and promote. You can't convince me that someone who retweets Matt Walsh articles thinks that gay people should be able to get married. I feel comfortable assuming that they don't think that people like me should be afforded the full spectrum of legal rights as they are. 

sucker4reality, your comment made me check out their disclaimer, where I saw this:

You might be thinking, “they are to young to be running a marriage blog….”

It's just so painful... HOW exactly are they spending those 50 hours??

ETA: Aside from the issue of civil rights, I can't stand this particular brand of Christianity for its arrogance/hubris, the way they leave no room for the possibility that their interpretation of Scripture could be wrong. I respect Christians who go, "Well, I believe the Bible forbids homosexuality, but you know, I could be wrong. I think gay Christians can exist even if I disagree with how they interpret Scripture. I think there can be faithful Christians on both sides of the divide." What the Roloffs and their peers believe is essentially, "No, gay Christians cannot exist, at least not gay Christians "in good standing." And if you disagree with me about homosexuality, you are not a real/good Christian. Or at the very least you're weak and backsliding." They think that if you disagree with them, you're disagreeing with God. How arrogant do you have to be to conflate yourself with God? It's not God I disagree with, it's your interpretation of God; the two are not the same thing! 

To be fair, I don't think the Roloffs have said the above, but to reiterate, you can't convince me that someone who tweets Matt Walsh believes in a "third way" approach lmao. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 5

And there lies the silliness of her response. In her instagram she babbles out at some point that Covergirl seems to be saying that men are better women than women and while she has no problem with the man on the cover in question and has no problem with men wearing making, she does have a problem with the message being sent. Ironically the guy on the cover is apparently not transgender but just gay so Covergirl's message as far as I can tell is "men can use our products". So far anyone who has asked for clarification on what she's confused hasn't gotten much response. To galax-arena's point - no the Roloffs haven't made any statement other than 'we accept others!'. That's why while Jer and Auj call themselves Christian covenant marriage, if anyone were to bluntly ask them "are you against gay marriage?", they would ignore the question or possiblely prattle how they don't hate but... and why are you persecuting me??? The dislike I have for this sort of Christian is that when being Christian and standing tall for Christ involves something actually difficult... well, they shush. Point- if Auj genuinely has a problem with gay marriage or with Covergirl because Covergirl is endorsing the gay agenda, she is a professional writer and blogger and she has the ability to stand tall and say "I am Audrey Roloff and I am against Covergirl pushing the gay agenda, it offends me as a Christian." Instead she says "confused?" and whines how she's not against that man, and she isn't against men wearing make up and she doesn't understand what the message is... but she's damn proud to be against that message she is confused about.

• Love 1

I suppose I was the one confused and I confess to not looking at the cover before posting.  That's a no no, I know.  I was assuming (another no no) that it was a transgender woman on the cover, not a teen male wearing makeup.  That being said, I have to say that I love the cover, woman are not the only people who wear makeup.  Audrey is still an idiot.  And my earlier statement still stands.

• Love 2

Disclaimer: I fully admit that I could be reading too much into everything because I am honestly at bitch-eating-crackers level of distaste when it comes to the Roloffs. So, with that in mind...

I was taking a look at Audrey and Jeremy's wedding photos because I have way too much time on my hands and what struck me was how white everyone was. I know, I know, it's Oregon. Oregon as a state tends to be white af due to its history. But it does make me wonder if a part of the reason they left Los Angeles was because LA has too much diversity for their liking. They play it up as though they just weren't into the shallow superficial world of LA and that they wanted to get back to ~nature and down-to-earth people, but I don't think it's as simple as that. Audrey once said that they wanted to go on Dancing with the Stars; you don't go on a show like DWTS unless you're into that life. And we can't forget Jeremy's previous racism; I know he was just a teenager when he said that, but considering the environment he grew up in and continues to surround himself in, I'm not confident he ever outgrew that, although perhaps he knows better now than to use outright racial slurs. 

I just don't see the Roloffs being super-comfortable when surrounded by black people and non-white Latinos. They honestly ping every stereotype of white evangelical culture to me. The thing with white evangelical culture is that they'll accept minorities into their midst (which lets them toot their horn about diversity and multiethnic congregations), but only if they conform to their standards. 

ETA: I'm sure the prospect of grifting off the family farm & the show appealed to these two lazy asses as well. That's probably the biggest reason. I just don't think they're crying about losing out on racial diversity. 

ETA2: What's the story about Audrey allegedly supporting Trump based on an instagram story she posted? 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, galax-arena said:

Disclaimer: I fully admit that I could be reading too much into everything because I am honestly at bitch-eating-crackers level of distaste when it comes to the Roloffs. So, with that in mind...

I was taking a look at Audrey and Jeremy's wedding photos because I have way too much time on my hands and what struck me was how white everyone was. I know, I know, it's Oregon. Oregon as a state tends to be white af due to its history. But it does make me wonder if a part of the reason they left Los Angeles was because LA has too much diversity for their liking. They play it up as though they just weren't into the shallow superficial world of LA and that they wanted to get back to ~nature and down-to-earth people, but I don't think it's as simple as that. Audrey once said that they wanted to go on Dancing with the Stars; you don't go on a show like DWTS unless you're into that life. And we can't forget Jeremy's previous racism; I know he was just a teenager when he said that, but considering the environment he grew up in and continues to surround himself in, I'm not confident he ever outgrew that, although perhaps he knows better now than to use outright racial slurs. 

I just don't see the Roloffs being super-comfortable when surrounded by black people and non-white Latinos. They honestly ping every stereotype of white evangelical culture to me. The thing with white evangelical culture is that they'll accept minorities into their midst (which lets them toot their horn about diversity and multiethnic congregations), but only if they conform to their standards. 

ETA: I'm sure the prospect of grifting off the family farm & the show appealed to these two lazy asses as well. That's probably the biggest reason. I just don't think they're crying about losing out on racial diversity. 

ETA2: What's the story about Audrey allegedly supporting Trump based on an instagram story she posted? 

Sorry, I think you're reaching too much with this. It's one thing to mock what they willingly and gleefully put out there for the world, but they've never mentioned race or ethnicity or alluded to it. Most of my wedding guests were white but most of my humungous family is white.

they've never mentioned race or ethnicity

I can't speak for Audrey, but Jeremy has used racial slurs before. Like I said, he was just a teenager at the time, but considering his environment (i.e. one not particularly conducive to opening up his mind, with Amy and Matt making excuses for him), I'm not necessarily inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt in assuming that he's left such attitudes entirely behind. Although he might have at least matured over the use of explicit slurs now. 

The Roloffs, as dumb as they are, are too savvy to court controversy by explicitly tackling hot button issues, which is why we see Audrey and Jeremy dancing around LGBT issues as much as they do. But much in the same way that I judge/assume certain things about their stance on LGBT rights based on the fact that they like to retweet people like Matt Walsh, I also judge/assume certain things about their stance on racial/immigration issues based on the fact that they like to retweet people like Matt Walsh. (Basically, I don't think much of anyone who likes the Blaze in any way, shape, or form. LOL. I'm so sad that whatismattwalshwrongabouttoday.com is no more.)

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 1

It's one thing to mock what they willingly and gleefully put out there for the world, but they've never mentioned race or ethnicity or alluded to it.

I'm six of one, half dozen of another on this. Do I think the Roloffs are overtly racist? No, but then most of us aren't these days. What I do think is that the Roloff public reaction to Jeremy's lovely myspace comments being in the National Enquierer was um... surprisingly low key to almost inappropriate. I will grant that the Roloff parents have always been very "JEREMY IS OUR SHINING STAR AND HIS EVERY ACTION IS A PRECIOUS GIFT HOW DARE YOU JUDGE US! YOU DON'T KNOW US" but it was really disappointing that they handwaved it away. When I couple that with the private Christian school with all white students, Jeremy and Auj's attachment to The Blaze and Bretbart, that all the friends are white, that Matt was supporting some tea party sorts.... I kinda wonder. Especially since the Christian covenant marriage crowd does tend to mingle with the um... less tolerant crowd.

• Love 3

I'm not going to defend what H said, but he was a teenager. I know I've changed a lot since I was a teenager and cringe at things I said back then. It's a bit far to base a judgement on their motivation to move based on comments one of them made as a kid.

And more than I think Jernauj aren't racist, I think crying "racist!" is the 21st Century version of crying "witch!" Judge me if want for thinking that.

• Love 3