Type keyword(s) to search

Loren & Alexei: No Strippers Allowed

• Start Topic

It's interesting to me that Loren's fear isn't that he'll want to stay in Israel and get her to agree to move there with him, but that he will make a unilateral decision to stay in Israel and not really care if she stays with him or goes back to the US. It tells me their marriage isn't very solid. When you marry, your spouse should become your first priority. He seems more concerned about everyone but his wife.

• Love 4

I thought her parents, who know her Very Well, should have stepped in and told her to Knock It Off!  Girl is ALREADY MARRIED. Her friend came in and told her This Is Just Another Party....get over yourself.  FINALLY!!  Sheesh!!  He was stressed, so he was useless.  She was stressed but would not stop herself from Ordering Him Around...not a good look when she is trying to make a good impression on people giving her the side-eye already.  

• Love 7

I don't know why I was surprised to see Loren all decked out in a second dress! Why not wear the original? None of these people were at the original wedding! But of course this is Loren we're talking about. How can she get herself all tied up in knots and stressed and anxious and all if she doesn't create a lot of problems she doesn't have to? She thrives on it. God help her kids.

• Love 8
On 10/20/2016 at 10:15 AM, Matias130 said:

lol.... now i see how he shrugs all the time. However, in Israel living in your parents home until you are mid to late 20s is fairly normal, kids work and get college educated but housing is extremely extremely expensive. Plus, families are much closer and unified in Israel than here in America, and a child living a plane ride away is an extremely hard thing to deal with. Alexei didnt necesarily become independent by moving out of his parents home, I believe he is dependent on Loren and her family now. He is a very very good looking guy though, I don't see why other have said he wasnt.... Loren needs to stop pushing the model thing though because he looks like he has no desire to pose for a camera, seems like a quieter type, which only enhances his attractiveness IMO.

I have an Israeli friend and he is just the same, right down to the shrugs and incredibly reasonable, slightly superior way of speaking 

• Love 2

I think it's funny to watch Loren's evolution from the beginning. In the first episode, she billed herself as "I'm super bubbly, outspoken, super fun and confident. No filter!" Now, she she's this clingy, cloying, twitching, insecure little brat who can't stop crying. (I'm not trying to make fun of her illness; she admits that when she gets stressed, the ticks get more pronounced...just saying she is always stressed out...over nothing.)

• Love 6

I find those cartoonish eyelashes of hers so so so distracting. I can't tell you one thing she said in last night's episode, because I was so busy wondering why she feels the need to do all that to her eyelashes. They look like they would clump together if she closed her eyes for longer than it takes to blink.

Way back, someone said they didn't get the whole sexy Alexei thing. I don't either. He is a pleasant looking man with a nice physique, but far from every woman's fantasy.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I find those cartoonish eyelashes of hers so so so distracting. I can't tell you one thing she said in last night's episode, because I was so busy wondering why she feels the need to do all that to her eyelashes. They look like they would clump together if she closed her eyes for longer than it takes to blink.

Way back, someone said they didn't get the whole sexy Alexei thing. I don't either. He is a pleasant looking man with a nice physique, but far from every woman's fantasy.

I think he'd be cute (and look like double amputee Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius) if he had a small nose. But his nose is HUGE and ruins everything. Yes, he has a nice body...so surprised to see him smoking. YUCK!

• Love 1

If you were playing a drinking game and had to take a shot every time Loren said "perfect," you would be dead.  "It has to be perfect and I have to be perfect so everyone knows we're perfect together and doesn't hate me." 

• Love 4

I don't know why they kept on calling it a wedding. They're already married, for goodness sake! Just call it what it is, a vow renewal. Or just a reception for Alexei's Israeli family and friends.  It just bugs me when two people who have married each other previously think they're entitled to a do-over like it never happened, complete with new wedding dresses, bridesmaids, flower girls, garter tossing, etc. Just invite a bunch of people over for food & cake and call it a day already!!

• Love 9

In my opinion, Loren is a drama queen who was amping up her behavior the first season in the hopes of becoming the star of her own show. Jason and Cassia fell for the same production tricks during their season, thinking that their over-acting would be rewarded by the production company or TLC and they made it clear that some of their behavior was at the suggestion of the production company. I find Loren's distress at having Tourette's childish and immature at her age, and she really needs to get over herself. You would have thought she was telling them that she was about to enter prison for a life sentence. I can't quite figure out if her over-acting is her true persona 24/7.

I've suffered from medical conditions since birth, my son is on the autism spectrum, and I have a nephew with extreme ADHD (whatever they call it now) along with Tourette's, and have a cousin who also has Tourette's. My nephew and cousin are under the impression that it can be hereditary, so I found it interesting that she said it was not. I hope it isn't, but if it is, it is completely manageable and I'm sure the understanding of the disorder is much clearer than when she was diagnosed. My 24-year-old nephew went through some occupational therapy and counseling when he was diagnosed with both at age 7, is not been embarrassed by it, and has found that many people are understanding and non-judgmental. If Loren's distress is not just for the cameras, she needs to see someone that can assist her in learning some behavior therapy for her condition. It is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about, and she is adding additional stress to her life. 

As another aside, one of the behind the scenes tweets a few weeks ago was that Loren was Alexie's first girlfriend, and his friends didn't realize it was serious until he was marrying and moving away. It made me wonder if the girls were into him, but didn't let him know, and now feel betrayed. I've convinced myself that it was most likely just drama for the show, because otherwise, all of his friends are jerks, and that seems unlikely. At least a few of them would have been supportive and happy for him. Also, they are all horrible actors, so if they were legitimate responses, all of his friends come across as strange, and that seems more unlikely than production suggesting a story-line of all his friends feeling betrayed by his moving to America.

• Love 3

I am not a fan of the second wedding thing, either.  It just seems like some people feel the need to celebrate themselves a little bit too much and it's lame.

Maybe if you had a really old grandma back in your home country who couldn't travel to the first wedding and it would mean so much to her to get to see you go through the ceremony, it would seem okay.  But Loren and Alexi are having to actually twist people's arms to get them to show up.  The whole thing feels very forced.

Were Alexi's parents in attendance at the first wedding?  I don't remember.  If not, did they push for a second ceremony in Israel?  I admit I barely watch when Loren/Alexi are on because they bore me, so maybe I missed something.  But I am not recalling his parents requesting a second ceremony be done for their benefit.  I was under the impression Lauren just wanted to make herself the center of attention again.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am not a fan of the second wedding thing, either.  It just seems like some people feel the need to celebrate themselves a little bit too much and it's lame.

Maybe if you had a really old grandma back in your home country who couldn't travel to the first wedding and it would mean so much to her to get to see you go through the ceremony, it would seem okay.  But Loren and Alexi are having to actually twist people's arms to get them to show up.  The whole thing feels very forced.

Were Alexi's parents in attendance at the first wedding?  I don't remember.  If not, did they push for a second ceremony in Israel?  I admit I barely watch when Loren/Alexi are on because they bore me, so maybe I missed something.  But I am not recalling his parents requesting a second ceremony be done for their benefit.  I was under the impression Lauren just wanted to make herself the center of attention again.

No, they were not in attendance at the Florida wedding. Only Loren's side of the family. 

I think you're impression's the right one. She wants tpo prove to the world that she's perfect for Alex. Meanwhile, Alex just wants her to STFU for a minute and let hi enjoy little time he was having with his family in over a year. You know, like, changing lightbulbs. Because his brother's totally incapable of doing that. Or, you know, fishing. Because his brother was right there with them, fishing, and his dad said something to the effect of "I got no one to fish with anymore". WTF man? Your other kid's right there! Can he do nothing? Cause it's a long ass flight just to change lightbulbs. 

Loren, as nasty as her character is, strikes me as prettier in this season, even with the horrible eyelashes. But it only lasts until she opens her mouth. 

• Love 5

I think Loren's adorable, but I imagine she'd fare better with a partner who doesn't have so many #feelings.

Alexei seems to have only two personality settings: Bitchy and Comatose.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I think Loren's adorable, but I imagine she'd fare better with a partner who doesn't have so many #feelings.

Alexei seems to have only two personality settings: Bitchy and Comatose.

Conflicted on that... she seems so emotional so if Alexei was emotional as well that could be a mess lol. However, she did say they are fighting a lot in Fl. Maybe he's just not happy in the US.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Conflicted on that... she seems so emotional so if Alexei was emotional as well that could be a mess lol. However, she did say they are fighting a lot in Fl. Maybe he's just not happy in the US.

To be fair, we don't know what her definition of "fighting" is.  I have known people like her.  If someone says anything at all that goes against what she's feeling, it's fighting.  She wants that perfect vibe, and needs to accept that it will never happen.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

she seems so emotional so if Alexei was emotional as well that could be a mess lol.

I disagree that Alexei isn't emotional - he's extremely sensitive and he holds grudges.   He also seems very self-centered and unaccepting of anyone's feelings but his. 

He yells at Loren's friend who he just met for taking her to a strip club then refuses to see her again or let Loren invite her to Israel a year later.  He doesn't comprehend why his lifelong friends would be upset with him for dropping off the map and not keeping in touch.  When Loren comes under fire at a bar by Israeli women who tell her it's all her fault, he doesn't immediately interject and say that it's not Loren's fault and that he made his own decisions.  He doesn't realize it's unfair to suddenly flip the script and tell Loren "maybe we'll move to Israel instead"  and he doesn't broach the topic with any sensitivity. 

His wife (who is not well) is freaking out in a strange country in her wedding dress, so he continues provoking her until he up and leaves the building.  Lauren needed him to close the door, put his arms around her, and tell her "The only thing that matters is that I'm yours and you're mine.  I love you."   Unfortunately he was too busy with his own feelings. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

His wife (who is not well) is freaking out in a strange country in her wedding dress, so he continues provoking her until he up and leaves the building.  Lauren needed him to close the door, put his arms around her, and tell her "The only thing that matters is that I'm yours and you're mine.  I love you."   Unfortunately he was too busy with his own feelings. 

She seemed to be going 'bridezilla' on him, so he gave up. She also didn't want him around, so he didn't know what else to do. But that's how I'm reading it.

I don't think he really went anywhere, except for maybe a break & a bit of air. That's a cliff hanger most likely.

25 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah I totally think that lots of her anxiety about people blaming her comes directly from Alexei.

That can certainly be... he was not supporting her with the people around them as he should've.

1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

To be fair, we don't know what her definition of "fighting" is.  I have known people like her.  If someone says anything at all that goes against what she's feeling, it's fighting. 

True; I've been around a lot of those (sigh)... it's exhausting.

• Love 1

I have an Israeli friend and he is just the same, right down to the shrugs and incredibly reasonable, slightly superior way of speaking 

Me too and it used to drive me nuts. Once people pointed it out he is trying to not do it as much.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

So no one is saying anything about the WIG Alexei's father wore to the wedding???? That big, jet black, ill-fitting alley cat on his head???

I have to say, Alexei's mother seems very nice, the more I watch.

I was thinking it was a raccoon that somehow wandered into bad territory in Israel and wound up in a wig shop.

• LOL 1
39 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

So no one is saying anything about the WIG Alexei's father wore to the wedding???? That big, jet black, ill-fitting alley cat on his head???

I saw it last night, I wanted to rewatch the episode there they are fishing to make sure I wasn't just seeing things (it was well past midnight here) but wow. WTF was up with that?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

Now this is coming from my very limited religious knowledge (thanks, movies), but don't some Jewish people believe in always having their hair covered outside of the home? I know I've heard about women wearing wigs, so that their real hair is covered. I'm just not educated enough on the subject to explain why. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, marymary said:

Now this is coming from my very limited religious knowledge (thanks, movies), but don't some Jewish people believe in always having their hair covered outside of the home? I know I've heard about women wearing wigs, so that their real hair is covered. I'm just not educated enough on the subject to explain why. 

Orthodox Jewish women, and Hassidic Jewish women wear wigs.  Men don't.  They wear hats.

Most Jews from the former Soviet Union are not particularly religious.  I doubt religion had anything to do with that wig.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I'm sure it's got its own Facebook page by now...Remember that Dr Seuss fascinator that Princess Beatrice wore to the Royal Wedding?  That thing got all kinds of pages.  She auctioned the monstrosity off to charity.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That was a wig? I thought it was some kind of  hat.

I guess I wasn't watching that closely.

He wore a yarmulke on top of the wig.

19 hours ago, newyorkgirl said:

I still don't understand why Loren doesn't just move to Israel.  She has less in the way of family/friends/career than Alexei has in Israel.   

Thousands-year long religious wars? Political instability? Poverty? Her ego?

• Love 2
On 11/7/2016 at 9:54 AM, balisticnikki said:

I checked that scene out again before I deleted it from the DVR.  I had to see it.  Damn.  Did he get that thing from Lyle Menendez?  

Who puts something like that on his head and looks in the mirror and thinks "YES!"  ????   Good lord. I can't believe his wife let him out of the house wearing that thing. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I checked that scene out again before I deleted it from the DVR.  I had to see it.  Damn.  Did he get that thing from Lyle Menendez?  

Who puts something like that on his head and looks in the mirror and thinks "YES!"  ????   Good lord. I can't believe his wife let him out of the house wearing that thing. 

It's prbly a trimmed-down fur hat from his days in the Ukraine!

(lmao lyle menendez)

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 2

Watching today's marathon reminds me how annoying I find these two. Well, mostly her.

I have no patience with a Wedding 2.0.  You're married. Own it.  Don't spend a ton of money, and demand a big production, to reenact it.   His family couldn't attend his wedding? Guess what - they're still not attending his wedding. They're attending a play. They might as well perform Hamlet.  Or Cats.  

• Love 8

I kind of get Alexei's failure to keep in touch with his friends

I think he truly missed them but felt that keeping in touch and not being able to visit made it more painful. I think he repressed his feelings so as not to be depressed. He even argued with Loren when she kept digging at how he felt about certain things. I think it was like picking at a scab .

After the wedding he was so overwhelmed that he was crying and stated it was because he had pushed all these emotions down for so long that they had come bubbling out when the wedding was over.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2016 at 8:00 AM, booboopbedoo said:

Many empty tables at the wedding and that wig was hilarious!

Loren is a whiney little brat who I think has been coddled all her life because of her problem. Why did she feel the need to let everyone know in such a dramatic way? 

I agree:  Why doe she need to make it such a dramatic reveal?  Oh yes...she is Loren.  His parents probably thought she was going to announce she had cancer.  Not that Tourette's is not a big deal but Loren......just bring it down a notch!!!

• Love 1

I was thinking mostly she either a) cheated on him at the party or b) she has issues have kids and kept that from him.

Either way it will be over dramatized b.s. that will make for a snooze fest of teevee which we will all snark on.

• Love 1

In today's episode, looks like there's going to be another bit of "disheartening news". I'm willing to bet anything that it's going to be that Alexei's brother won't be able to immigrate to the US for at least another 15 years (see: Alla and her sister)...

Because these people just don't research anything.

• Love 2