Type keyword(s) to search

Loren & Alexei: No Strippers Allowed

• Start Topic

Discuss Loren and Alexei here.

Loren is 27 years old and met Alexei, also 27, when he served as group medic while she was on a Birthright trip to Israel. According to the show, “The two have never spent more than 15 days together at a time, much less lived together, yet they are about to move in with Loren’s parents’ three-bedroom condo, in order to save money. Loren fears that Alexei will get homesick and will want to return to Israel.”

Edited by Drogo
Thread title formatting.

Is anyone else reminded of Rachel Berry by Loren? Her looks, her spoiled "I get whatever I want" mentality , her whining, her over-dramatizing of everything? Heck, she even has her own calm, aloof Finn in Alexei. All they need to do is burst into a famous Broadway duet and this could be the live production of Glee. 

I couldn't stand Rachel Berry so needless to say I will have to watch Loren's scenes on mute with the captions on, if I don't fastforward right through them altogether. 

• Love 5

It did seem odd that the parents expected the couple to live together before marriage. "its only 90 days that you will live together". But then that seems to be the new normal and prejudice for the show. With only the religious couples, the two Mormons and the Evangelical one having a reason not to shack before the license is executed.

... needless to say I will have to watch Loren's scenes on mute with the captions on, if I don't fastforward right through them altogether. 

The only thing worse than Loren's froggy speaking voice is her froggy, mucousy crying voice. MUTE!

She is awful.  Just awful.  Does she cry and croak like this every episode?  She's just an annoying freakin' basket case.  Pacing and shaking and bawling and .... ugh.   Definitely a fast forward/mute button situation.  I could barely get through the first scene with her tonight (episode 3).

• Love 3

Yeah, I was kind of rooting for them at first, but Loren's drama queen antics tonight were a total ugh. Also still mystified how she couldn't afford the "lifestyle" of having her BF move in to her tiny apartment for a few months and maybe hit up her well-off parents for some extra grocery money; what else is there to worry about? Quitting her job, possibly breaking a lease, and moving herself and the BF in with her parents all seemed like super bad ideas to me. 

Edited by bref
  • Love 4

Bad ideas in real life .... but in terms of being on this show it's probably a great idea. Now they have the whole "living with the parents" thing as a storyline, with way more drama and angst potential than two young love birds having a fine time in New York City would have offered. And drama and angst seem to be Loren's specialty. So that's what we are gonna be getting, looks like.

• Love 2

Yeah, I was kind of rooting for them at first, but Loren's drama queen antics tonight were a total ugh. Also still mystified how she couldn't afford the "lifestyle" of having her BF move in to her tiny apartment for a few months and maybe hit up her well-off parents for some extra grocery money; what else is there to worry about? Quitting her job, possibly breaking a lease, and moving herself and the BF in with her parents all seemed like super bad ideas to me.

Seriously, do neither of them have anything saved at all? If she could support herself by working, food for one more person shouldn't be such a huge burden. Especially if she cut back from her beloved shopping for three months.

• Love 1

Yeah -- having lived in Manhattan, I STILL didn't get the "I can't support a NYC lifestyle for 2 people." Why? You're already paying rent, and he'll bunk with you. It's not like you have to go rent him a separate apartment. What does he add to the bills -- a little more water usage and food? Unless she meant that with him around, she wants to go out 5 nights a week and can't. But honestly having known many NYC girls like her, I bet she's already spending a lot of money going out and trying to meet Mr. Right -- so it's not like she doesn't already have an entertainment budget.

Hate to say it but she comes across like a spoiled NYC princess -- what's he going to do for a living in America? If he intends to be a medic here as well, that won't support the lifestyle she likely wants and won't get her back to NYC so that could be a source of strife if they end up living a suburban Florida life rather than the Manhattan lifestyle she eventually envisions with her hot Israeli man.

• Love 3

Yeah -- having lived in Manhattan, I STILL didn't get the "I can't support a NYC lifestyle for 2 people." Why? You're already paying rent, and he'll bunk with you. It's not like you have to go rent him a separate apartment. What does he add to the bills -- a little more water usage and food? Unless she meant that with him around, she wants to go out 5 nights a week and can't. But honestly having known many NYC girls like her, I bet she's already spending a lot of money going out and trying to meet Mr. Right -- so it's not like she doesn't already have an entertainment budget.

Hate to say it but she comes across like a spoiled NYC princess -- what's he going to do for a living in America? If he intends to be a medic here as well, that won't support the lifestyle she likely wants and won't get her back to NYC so that could be a source of strife if they end up living a suburban Florida life rather than the Manhattan lifestyle she eventually envisions with her hot Israeli man.

This could be a totally unfair assumption, but I'm willing to bet that Loren and Alexei will have a monthly "allowance" from her parents. I'd be willing to bet she does already.

• Love 1

I felt bad for Alexei this last episode. Here he finds out that his family is torn up and he has to cater to Loren. I'm really not trying to be mean towards her and I think it's sweet she cares so much but all she did was act mad almost at him and lock him out. He wasn't even allowed to be sad in the moment he had to make her feel better. When her mom said you better check on her she's upset? This is why you try not to live with in laws. She should of swallowed her pain and catered to him. Maybe she will watch this and get some insight.

• Love 6

Yes cuz it's alllll about you Loren

Her mother if she was going to say anything it should have been. "Hey you spoiled princess suck it up and comfort HIM. Since he's the one that's actually suffered a loss"

you selfish brat. Nice job mom

Grrrrrrrr

• Love 7

Their Florida condo could be small for any number of reasons. Maybe it's in an overpriced complex or a prime location, or it's a weird floor plan with a huge master bedroom off-limits to the show. Small doesn't automatically mean modestly priced or that they don't have tons of money. They may also prefer something more moderate so they can spend their money on other stuff, like their daughters and themselves. Whatever the reason, they probably were not planning on their oldest bringing a fiance on a K-1 visa to live with them during their engagement to live there when they chose it!!

• Love 2

Is Loren even in love with Alexey, or is she in love with "love"? Is she in love with Loren being in love?
Everything is about Loren. Always. About. Loren. 
When his family suffered because he's here now, instead of comforting him it was all about Loren feeling sad. 

I don't know how Alexey is going to deal with someone who only cares about herself. Good luck with that bro.

• Love 4

Part of me wonders if Loren is "acting" and giving us this dramatic crying diva routine in the hopes of them getting their own show later.

She might be exaggerating certain emotions (overly happy, sad, etc), however, I highly doubt she makes everything All About Loren on purpose to fish for her own show. I think she's narcissistic spoiled brat. Her parents have always fulfilled her every wish and their priority and center of attention has always been Loren. I think she expects to be the center of attention of Alexey too. She never picked up that other people and their feelings matter, too.

• Love 3

She might be exaggerating certain emotions (overly happy, sad, etc), however, I highly doubt she makes everything All About Loren on purpose to fish for her own show. I think she's narcissistic spoiled brat. Her parents have always fulfilled her every wish and their priority and center of attention has always been Loren. I think she expects to be the center of attention of Alexey too. She never picked up that other people and their feelings matter, too.

Thats the thing with almost all of these participants.  I don't think they have much self-awareness.  I think Loren would be surprised to learn that people think she is a jerk -- I get the feeling she thinks the entire audience is on her side and thinks she is hilarious and just as cute as a button.  We all totally see things from her point of view and we all think that Alexei should be an underwear model.  No one can possibly understand why he wants to be a cop when he could change his entire being and model boxers.

• Love 9

Thats the thing with almost all of these participants. I don't think they have much self-awareness. I think Loren would be surprised to learn that people think she is a jerk -- I get the feeling she thinks the entire audience is on her side and thinks she is hilarious and just as cute as a button.

Yes, I think Loren expects us to love her like her parents love her. She expects to be our sweetheart. I think she's in for a rude awakening!

All her parents care about is Lorens happiness- I think at the cost of everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they live that simple life because a god chunk of their income goes to Loren and her shopping needs.

Even with Alexey, I feel they treat him like Loren's pet rabbit. They expect him to forego his own needs, wants and desires in any situation just to please Loren.

In this relationship, Loren's little feelings matter 100% of the time and Alexey's feelings matter 0% of the time. I don't see how it could ever work out, unless Alexey is a total pushover.

• Love 7

Yes, I think Loren expects us to love her like her parents love her. She expects to be our sweetheart. I think she's in for a rude awakening!

All her parents care about is Lorens happiness- I think at the cost of everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they live that simple life because a god chunk of their income goes to Loren and her shopping needs.

Even with Alexey, I feel they treat him like Loren's pet rabbit. They expect him to forego his own needs, wants and desires in any situation just to please Loren.

In this relationship, Loren's little feelings matter 100% of the time and Alexey's feelings matter 0% of the time. I don't see how it could ever work out, unless Alexey is a total pushover.

That is my fear for so many of the couples, but I've never felt it as much for a guy as I do for Alexei.  I think some of these people come to an entirely new culture, a new country and they are somewhat cut off from family and friends.  The only people they really have to talk to now are the people in their "fiances" world, and I think it would be easy to skew the perspective.

At home, I think one of Alexei's friends, or someone from his family who has his best interests at heart would take him aside and have a serious talk with him about Loren.  And it would least let him know that the way he must be feeling is valid.  But right now, the people closest to Alexei are all people that Loren has surrounded herself with -- so naturally they tell him that he must coddle her, because they are used to coddling her.....that she is right.....because they are used to letting her have her way.

Loren will surround herself with sycophants who will encourage her to simply write off any criticism as "haters" instead of encouraging her to think through the criticism to see if there is some nugget of truth in it.  I sincerely hope that Alexei is somehow saved before he spends 20 years in a miserable marriage because he has been conditioned to think that that is what he deserves.

• Love 3

Am I the only one who doesn't find Alexei as "delicious" as Loren says (over and over) I should? 

He has a classic swimmer's body, with the broad shoulders and narrow waist, but his head is not attractive.  However, I have to say when I've been in love, I've seen beauty in people who were not beautiful to others.  L'amour, l'amour.  He seems like a very decent guy, so I can see how she would find him beautiful.

• Love 3

He DOES seem to be a good guy and altruistic. I had to laugh when he said he wanted to be a firefighter or EMT and she immediately jumped on the calendar idea. I don't think that's the way it works, wouldn't you become a firefighter FIRST then audition for the calendar and not a model wearing some kind of gear? I got the impression that both the modeling agent and the photographer were being diplomatic while trying to convey to Loren that it takes more than a lean six pack body to make it in the modeling world. His reluctance must be obvious to everyone and be apparent on camera. But I noticed in his THs that he does appear to be attempting to grow a beard as the pros suggested so maybe we haven't heard the last of this Loren-generated career idea. 

• Love 4

He DOES seem to be a good guy and altruistic. 

This.  I think Alexei is great; he is NOT butt-ugly as someone else said - he looks like a Russian hockey player!  But above all I like that he wants to go into public safety in some role.  I'm a retired police and fire dispatcher, and I have a soft spot for all those guys :-)  

• Love 4

You know she was channeling her inner Carrie Bradshaw when she was leaving her NYC apartment. You're SO BRAVE leaving your 1400 sq foot Manhattan apartment whose rent is more than likely paid for by dad. GIRL, bye.

That was more like 600 square foot. they showed the whole thing and it was a one bedroom. I would bet that she didn't really move out and just moved to Florida for filming purposes.

• Love 1

what do you want to bet she shares that apartment with one or more roommates? How else could she just "give up" an apartment in the city, especially temporarily, without the hassle and repercussions of finding someone to sublet or breaking the lease, etc. 

That was more like 600 square foot. they showed the whole thing and it was a one bedroom. I would bet that she didn't really move out and just moved to Florida for filming purposes.

It was a 2-br apt she shared with a roommate, who did not want to be part of filming, which was most likely the reason for the move. As stated earlier in the thread. Loren would have had to found a new apt. anyway, moving Alexei in, so maybe it's cheaper living in FL with her parents.

• Love 1

It was a 2-br apt she shared with a roommate, who did not want to be part of filming, which was most likely the reason for the move. As stated earlier in the thread. Loren would have had to found a new apt. anyway, moving Alexei in, so maybe it's cheaper living in FL with her parents.

It's understandable that the roommate didn't want to be filmed. And that Loren would have to find a new place for Alexei to move in. I always forget that rental agencies like to do crazy things when it comes to letting others move in/stay. At our last place my then 21yr old son would have had to be a) put on the lease and b) pay a full deposit equal to what we'd already paid when we signed the lease and c) qualify to rent the place all on his own, to be put on the lease. Just to even stay for longer than 30 days. Crazy since he's my kid! 

Interesting, I thought you could see the whole apartment when she was walking around it talking on the phone.  Having Loren and Alexei move in with her parents had to be more of a plot line.  If they really wanted to continue her life in NY and how Lexei would adjust,  the show could have easily rented short term.  Why set them up to fail in Boca Raton living with parents?

IMHO there would be NO plot line in NYC.....crammed into a tiny apt with roommate/s who did not want to be filmed so crammed into tiny bedroom....her at work in day, Alexie skyping all day or walking around outside bundled up smoking cigs...

bringing them to FL brings the parent drama in, gives them beach, hot body time, more space and time to stir up fake drama which Loren seems to love, Alexie not so much....I swear Loren has been waiting for her reality show bit of fame for some time and is enjoying every crazy second of it haha

• Love 4

Clearly Loren is a princess who is used to everyone giving her exactly what she wants. If her parents did that - fine, there's unconditional love between parents and kids. But to require your boyfriend to do this even when it involves HIS career is ridiculous. She only cares about what she wants -- and she wants a hot guy on her arm and wants to be able to tell her friends that he's a model. Screw what HE may want. I mean, she obviously doesn't care about his wishes bc anyone who cared even for a moment would have noticed the looks on that guy's face -- when the modeling agent told him to take off his shirt; when the photographer told him he HAD to shave his chest; when he was shaving his chest; and just his general discomfort standing there in his underwear.

Typically the kind of guy who was working as an EMT and is talking about being a fire fighter/cop/EMT in the U.S. is not the type of guy who wants his full time job to be flexing for a camera. He wants to be out there doing things, not having pics taken.

• Love 5