Type keyword(s) to search

Finding Prince Charming - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Robby has a boyfriend and was dating him before the show so he can host. I'd vote for Justin to be the next Prince Charming (if he doesn't "win" this season). He cracks me up on the regular and seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Brandon is a real catch. At first I thought he was a famewhore, but as the show has gone on I see he's been through stuff in his life that makes him value patience and taking his time. With Robby gone, he's the only one of these fools I could see myself wanting to date tbh. And that includes Robert.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 3

I kind of like the Bachelor / Bachelorette idea where they have the next Bachelor be a former contestant. But I don't really love any of the guys. Maybe Brandon, maybe Justin. But if they find someone hotter and more interesting while casting then I'm fine to just pretend this season didn't exist. Though I actually think Robby could be really funny as a host. I'd like to see that regardless.

I'd also like to see this show get slightly more of a budget or at least take on some product placement or something so they could film at higher end places.

Note to self. If I have issues with my potential guy being around other guys, don't go on a reality dating show where the potential guy has to be courting other guys. It's just common sense.

Anyway, I'll miss Chad's loud shirts most of all.

Just imagine if Chad knew of Robert's whore past!

Just imagine if Chad knew of Robert's whore past!

There's a spoilerish interview Robby gave on his exit that talks about the dynamics of the house up on Vulture. Apparently Chad does not have the moral high ground with Robert like he displayed in his exit. Makes me think his issues are even deeper than the unraveling we've seen over the last few weeks.

Robert's sister is a fame whore. Did not enjoy her. I don't think the guy with HIV (can't remember his name as he's not exactly setting the screen ablaze) is that obsessed with looks as is he's just not that deep a person lol.

I can only see Brandon "winning".

Of all the bachelors that got some amount of screentime, Eric was by far the most boring so it seems appropriate that he'd be bland Robert's choice.

I was only half watching. Did Dillon leave because he wasn't into it or because Robert wasn't into him?

Super bleh first season but hopefully they've learned some lessons about what works and what doesn't and next season will be better.

• Love 1

As far as I can tell, he left because he wasn't really into Robert not really being into him. I don't really blame him. If you're at the last episode and you feel like there's two dudes he likes more, why would you keep wasting everyone's time? Better to detach ahead of time than get your hopes dashed at the finale.

I initially thought I'd like this show but it got really boring, really fast. Nobody was very interesting. For all its fuckery and its "ha ha let's trick the gays," I think Boy Meets Boy from a billion years ago was a more interesting show for viewers.

• Love 4

I think that Dillon finally realized that Robert was definitely not entralled with being with him. 

Robert's final pick of Eric was out of nowhere. Most of their time together was awkward in how they interacted with one another.

They had Brandon standing up there, trying to keep his balance for so long. Team Brandon on Twitter is having a hard time dealing with this result.

• Love 2

Well, he sounds like he's crying, and his eyes are wet, but his face doesn't move at all

It's all that botox he has. Enh I like Robert and Eric enuff but good LAWD they are both equally boring sooo...congratulations I guess *shrug*

22 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

I didn't watch it yet, but he chose Eric?

Thank God, Brandon is too flawless and way too good for him. Though it's awfully judgmental and bitchy of me to say that, since I would probably be more boring and bland than Robert if I was on a dating show.

Eric seemed nice (and attractive) enough to me, but they didn't seem to actually have the slightest interest in each other, whereas Robert's interactions with Brandon looked totally genuine. It's very strange. If it's all editing, why on earth would that be the narrative the producers chose to craft?

• Love 1

Can't help but compare this to The Bachelor, where they go as far as picking out wedding rings before the final choice is revealed. That show has a way of making the choice appear to be somewhat meaningful, even when it probably isn't . This finale seemed kinda "meh" and the stakes seemed pretty low.  They are going to date?

Picking Eric totally came out of left field.  Zero chemistry there. My grassy knoll theory is that what happened was totally producer-driven and what emotion we saw from Robert was due to some semblance of integrity regarding how fake the ending was. I think they wanted Eric to win, partly because of his HIV status and because they want Brandon to be next season's prince.  Robert was bland, but improved as the season went on. Eric was just plain bland, almost painfully so. And did I mention absolutely no chemistry? On the other hand, Robert and Brandon seemed inevitable and connected. When Robert told him he'd never let him down it felt like an honest moment. I  hope there is follow-up beyond the reunion show as I seem to actually care about what really went on.

I'm practically writing a novel here, but I feel a show like this is culturally significant. I'm a senior cis-gendered woman, and while I've known plenty of gay men, I don't see their private moments and have wondered how different the interactions would be. Looks like not so different at all.  The show, even as staged and edited as it was, was a bit of a window to view and relate to actual courtship and intimacy not normally shown on mainstream TV.  (Bravo is the exception.) The men were real, not characters in a story.  By the end, the groups love and support for each other seemed genuine and for the most part it was a positive, enriching experience for each man.  We've come such a long way towards acceptance in my lifetime, but there are still too many who are fine with the idea of same sex partners but are uncomfortable with the accompanying  emotional and physical manifestations.  The more people see these things, the more open they will be.  I get why people may not give a shit about being accepted or "approved of" by straight people, but I see it as making a gay kid's life safer and easier, not to just have self-acceptance, but community acceptance as well. Both Bravo and Logo, and shows like this one, are really helping to fight intolerance and increase understanding . Can't wait for next season and hope Brandon is the next Prince C.!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

Thank God, Brandon is too flawless and way too good for him. Though it's awfully judgmental and bitchy of me to say that, since I would probably be more boring and bland than Robert if I was on a dating show.

I agree.  Brandon is flawless.  

By the way I absolutely loved the show.  I was excited every week for it and kind of devastated that one week it wasn't on.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I'mma really miss this show.  I, too, would like it if the next Prince Charming is one of the guys from this season.  That way, we'd go into the show already knowing something about the lead.

I didn't find this show boring.  I thought it was sweet.  I was also pretty amazed at how tolerant all the men were that Robert was dating the others.  True, they know that going in, but I expected to see more conflict and jealous behavior besides what Chad displayed.

I got a feeling Robert's not telling us everything.  He seemed to gravitate more to Eric once Eric revealed his HIV status.  I wouldn't be surprised if Robert is as well, but that he's just not ready to reveal that to America.  Just a hunch - not a fact.

• Love 1

Delurking to say that while I like Eric, I heart Brandon and ITA that he should be the next Prince Charming.  I think that Robert had way more chemistry with Brandon than he did with Eric and that Robert chose Eric out of pity, not love. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
On 11/5/2016 at 9:10 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thank God, Brandon is too flawless and way too good for him

Welllll I wouldn't call him flawless.  I've meet a lot of recovering drug/alcohol addicts who behave exactly like him.  They really, really are good actors and I will leave it at that.  Too good for him, enh IDK.  Hopefully they will go into more detail as to why Eric was chosen and not Brandon at the reunion.

I found it weird for Dillon to leave. The whole time he was in it to win it and then suddenly by the end he notices that Robert is not as much into him? I do think he appeared way more likeable in the last few episodes though, so he was clearly edited to be the villain of the show.

I also though Dillon was more likeable towards the end of the show and I like the way he left.  Everybody deserves to be #1 and if he felt that he wasn't going to be that in Robert's life then yeah it's time to split

2 hours ago, vixenbynight said:

Now that's the kind of drama that should have been on this boring-ass show.

I don't feel like re-watching.  Did I miss them discussing Brandon's leg injury, or did they ignore the topic completely?

10 hours ago, vixenbynight said:

Oh Lordt!! Chad went in on Robert on his IG.

Go Chad! Watch stealing? For some reason that makes me laugh most of all. And gay whore bachelor's science experiment dick! 

Edited by rustyspigot

Reunion was a total snooze. Seemed pretty censored and like everyone was told to just play nice about the whole experience. I don't know if everyone's attitudes changed after learning more about Robert or what but I didn't get the sense that anyone was that into him. A few quick thoughts:

- Thank god for Chad being SO MESSY and dragging Robert like that on Instagram. It's tacky and gross and amazing.

- Thank god for Robby being on this show. I really do think he'd be a fantastic media presence and I hope he can find the right avenue if that's something he's looking to do. He'd be great as a judge on a show or a correspondent or something. His "roll the tape!" about the Chad / Sam hookup had me dying.

- Sam continues to be gross. He should probably never be on television ever again because he never comes across well.

- Charlie is adorable. And the one guy who got eliminated early (Nick?) looked a lot cuter at the reunion than he did while in the house.

- I could get behind Brandon being the next Prince Charming because he seems like a really charming, charismatic person. But he might be too boring. I think they need a more outgoing / bigger personality bachelor. Also could Brandon have been sitting further away from Robert?

- Lance sucks as a host. At the very least throw a bone to Robby and give him the hosting gig next season.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

If I met Sam in real life after this show, I'd be terrified. He's just so angry. I mean, I'm sure he's nice when he is not having a conflict with anyone, but since there will always be conflicts in life, I wouldn't want to deal with him. He just explodes too easily. 

There are more drama clips with Sam on the LOGO website if you didn't get enough of the uncomfortable tension. 

Totally agree about Sam & his temper. He really needs to stop with his dopey excuse of "I'm Italian".  You're watching too many mafia movies, Sam. Once you own your temper, you can seek therapy. Try it, it might work.

• Love 1
On 11/12/2016 at 4:17 AM, nosleepforme said:

Robert and Eric were guests at Afterbuzz's Finding Prince Charming Aftershow. Though it's almost as tame as the reunion......On the bright side, Robert comes off as more charming in it. What kind of drugs did the producers give to him to repress any kind of personality he might have had?

Robert behaves as if he wants to be America's Gay Spokesman.  He is quick with the platutudes and affirmations.  To me, it really comes across as smarmy.

I watched the afterBuzz and Eric finally awoke from his coma after about 40 minutes.  He doesn't have the marketing skills that Robert has, yet it seems like his goal was twofold:  to be more of an outgoing/personable human and to be a spokesman for HIV/bullying.  Neither really seemed all that intent on Finding Prince Charming.

They noted that the production schedule was only 4 weeks, and that was after being "extended" for a week.  Production in PS wrapped on July 24, and they were able to spend time together in secret for a few weeks before the publicity machine started up.   Despite one of the afterBuzz hosts repeatedly calling it "love", these two clearly are not at that stage.  At one point, Robert even commented that he still has strong feelings for Brandon.  In turn, Eric noted that its hard to give your heart to someone who is pining for someone else.  This ain't love, or even lust.  It's Marketing 101.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

Sam and Paul also did a Periscope . Apparently Paul also had his problems with Dillon

Thanks for the T!  Yeah I remember reading some tweets from Paul indicating that he didn't care for Dillon all that much

Edited by Dirtybubble

I saw a casting call for the next Prince Charming today.  

Prince Charming:

Male, 18-25, Black/African American, Asian, East Indian, Filipino, Hispanic, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Mixed Ethnicity, North American Indian, Pacific Islander, Southern Asian, West Indies/Caribbean.

Spectacularly handsome, and Romantic. When he walks into a room heads turn. He's the Complete Package with a disarming smile and a hot body. Everything is going right for our Star except in the Love department. He's Looking to find Love and possibly his Happily Ever After.

On 3/29/2017 at 2:04 AM, nosleepforme said:

I like how they're looking for anything but Caucasian. But ... why only such a young age range? 18-25 is not exactly the age range in which guys are ready to settle down, that's more the age range for experimentation.

Maybe this young because the Prince is older.  LOL!   I am not convinced they are looking for a love match but rather a hook up that could last awhile.