Type keyword(s) to search

Finding Prince Charming - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Jasen went home because he didn't have the body gay body fascists deem acceptable. On the spa date, notice they didn't show Jasen shirtless.

Robert to Jasen: "We didn't have chemistry."

Trsnslation: "You're not hot enough to be with someone like me unless you're paying for it."

Shallow Robert isn't interested in someone who doesn't fit the ideal. 

Why are they so concerned about "finding" love with Robert? For the right price, he'll go with any trick.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2016 at 8:01 PM, Dirtybubble said:

I wonder what people he's speaking of.  Dillon?  Producers?  Producers whispering in Dillon's ear to say this or bring up that?  Gah sometimes this show reeks of Unreal buffoonery 

If we're talking Unreal buffoonery, I totally support Adam's theory in his article that Sam spit so he could actually be sent home. I'm also suspicious that the producers on this show aren't so much producers as they are just people who watched Unreal and said, "I can probably do that." Cause it's showing at the seams.

And I am so done with Robert. I fast forward through his dates because he's just so dull. Though I do wholly appreciate the show for highlighting how bland and uncreative he is because he couldn't even make up another horse name.

Plus, this show will only get worse as the weeks go on because there will be fewer boys in the house and way more Robert. Ugh.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

How many episodes does this show have left anyway?

Wikipedia shows 6 episodes total so I guess only 3 left *shrug*

Also wikipedia is showing some sort of special tonight called "Social Edition: Sensing a Connection".  Oh Gawd if it's an entire episode dedicated to that stupid spitting incident I'm gonna SPIT!

20 hours ago, DanMSchro said:

And I am so done with Robert. I fast forward through his dates because he's just so dull. Though I do wholly appreciate the show for highlighting how bland and uncreative he is because he couldn't even make up another horse name.

Trust me. He's not nearly as boring as James on Boy Meets Boy from 10 yrs ago, or so.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, OnceSane said:

decides which suitors are playing for keeps.

WTH does that even mean?  Gah Logo make sense!

17 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Robert gets a feel for the suitors he's yet to connect with

So that means maybe Brandon, Robby, and Eric get dates this week?  Should be interesting. 

On 9/24/2016 at 1:18 PM, roamyn said:

Some of the guys seem fun (Danique, Robby, Jasen, Justin), seem melodramatic (Eric, Sam, Chad, Dillon), but only one stands out to me as mature and above-it-all, and that's Paul.

I find him charming, responsible, low key, drama free, handsome and all around adorable.

Word to the umpth degree on this!  That's why I think he's too good for Robert.  I think Robert is ok but honesty Paul is out of his league #sorrynotsorry

• Love 1

Robert's very handsome and fit, but he comes across to me as very boring. When he kept saying that Paul was "too perfect", it was code (for me) that Robert felt like Paul wasn't giving him enough "I'm a messy and needy dude, who's looking for someone to complete me!" vibes and he wasn't going to keep him around.

Now, what's his real issue with Robbie being "funny" all the time? Robbie has a great sense of self, witty, sincere and has established friendships with the other contestants. 

• Love 2

Well, Paul's probably better off in the long run.

Though they really did seem to have a connection and attraction.

I wonder if Robert cut Paul loose this early because he kinda knew Paul wasn't ready, and he didn't want to hurt him.

Paulis a catch. He'll find a great guy.

• Love 2

I'm old enough to be older than Robert and his oldest suitor COMBINED and of the final seven I would've dated Paul, Eric or Brandon. I would've kept on (for entertainment purposes/commentary) Justin and Robby and 86'ed Chad and Dillon.

Eric's accusation, early on, about Chad coming into the kitchen one night and playing with himself, if true, will come back via the reunion show.

4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Paul should be the next Prince Charming.

I have always liked Paul; I think he is a great guy but I don't think he would make a good Prince Charming.  He is way too STIFF!  It needs to be someone who can loosen up and have fun with the whole process.  (Brandon, Robby, hell even Danique or Chad)  Paul just seems to take his self WAAAY TOO SERIOUSLY and it never really bothered me until last night.  Those comments about him sweating while working out, the chilled towels, etc.  It just seemed a little bizarre to me. Not too mention I'm still confused about his timeline. 

Paul tells us, "I've been more emotionally involved with Robert than I've been with anyone in years." DIDN'T YOUR BOYFRIEND COMMIT SUICIDE LESS THAN A YEAR AGO? I'M SO CONFUSED!

Yeah see something just isn't adding up.

• Love 1

Robby's starting to grow on me in a 'good friend' kind of way. I don't think he has a chance with Robert, but he's funny so I hope he sticks around. I knew Paul was a goner when working out wasn't his thing. That seems very important to Robert and since he's looking for someone he's compatible with on key issues/interest in his life -- Paul was going to be cut.

I think Brandon and Dillon will be the next two to go. I see no hint of affection from Robert towards Dillon. Every time Dillon tries to steal a kiss and even so much as places his hand on Robert's back, Robert subtly pulls away. 

As for Brandon, the recovering alcoholic thing might do him in. Handing Robert his sobriety necklace probably bought him a couple more weeks because Robert doesn't want to look like an insensitive a$$ cutting Brandon so soon after he opened up and trusted Robert with something so personal about himself. Still, Robert likes to have a cocktail with his meal. He likes to include alcohol in socializing events. I don't see Robert settling for someone who might be triggered by something Robert personally finds to be so natural and non-threatening.

I theorize Robert will pick Eric or Justin in the end. I toggle back-n-forth on which one I think he'll choose.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

I'm disappointed that none of the people in the house have fallen in love with each other so far. I was waiting for a cutesy (non-competition-driven) romance to develop and for them to run away together.

Also, I know they probably don't want to discuss their sexual position on national television, but I wonder if they talked about that stuff and if it's a factor in who Robert sends home / will choose.

My thoughts exactly.  Robert's okay looking and all that, but the guys are living in the same house as each other and I would have guessed at least a couple of them would have hooked up by now.

The sexual position thing would concern me too.  I doubt they're all vers, so it seems odd that wasn't discussed, but maybe that was taken care of during the screening of contestants.  Robert might have agreed to do the show, with a certain criteria as a "must have."  

13 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Hints for next season (if there is one):

Lose Lance, hire Robbie to be the host.

Paul should be the next Prince Charming.

More alcohol at the suitor house.

No more ex-hookers.

No more black tie affair, it fails on every level.

Definitely agree Lance should be ditched. I'm surprised that he's not in this more, tbh. But right now he just seems like a waste of a "name".

I'd hope for the next PC they'd go for someone with a little more personality than boring Paul. But he could be a good choice in that he's already got the back story that kind of makes you cheer for him.

Otherwise I think they should just go super trashy with this and rip-off Are You the One? instead of this tired Bachelor formula.

• Love 1
On 9/30/2016 at 3:38 PM, roamyn said:

Danique for the next Prince Charming!

He was so lost & broken-hearted last week, yet seems like a genuinely nice person who's deserving of love.

Guys I looooooooove Danique.  His story touched me so much last week. I love him.  I can relate to him.  Ahhhhh!

Sam liked a tweet of me asking how I can follow Danique on social media.  LOL.

I thought that Robbie was VERY funny this episode.

I'm completely shocked that Paul was let go instead of Robbie. I  thought he was the frontrunner.  Now I think it's the guy that Robert is so obviously obsessed with but I don't know his name.  Main Course.

21 hours ago, J.D. said:

I theorize Robert will pick Eric or Justin in the end. I toggle back-n-forth on which one I think he'll choose.

Right.  Same.  I thought Paul was his #1 above both!

I really, really like the show guys.  I'm obsessed.  I've watched about 10 new shows this fall season and I like quite a few of them, but I like this one the best!  It would be cool if it came back for a second season because I'm really enjoying myself.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
On 9/30/2016 at 4:30 PM, DrivingSideways said:

I want to know what kind of workout Paul does that requires zero stamina or sweating but results in an amazing body.  I'm not kidding - I want that secret.

Hahahahah.  

17 hours ago, burner said:

Definitely agree Lance should be ditched. I'm surprised that he's not in this more, tbh. But right now he just seems like a waste of a "name".

I'm sorry that I agree with this.  The way he speaks, with that eyebrow, is so off-putting.  I'd prefer a different host and honestly Robbie was a good suggestion.

• Love 2

I recommend that everyone watch the bonus clips from this show.  They are on Logo's website but it's easier to find them thru Finding Prince Charming's facebook page.  It kinda goes into more detail about the friendships in the house and who is friends with whom, etc., etc.

Wow, the producers of this show have no idea what makes for good TV!  I don't think I've ever seen a good idea for a reality show executed so poorly.  Easily the most compelling moment was when Eric revealed his status to Justin, it was so great seeing two gay men supporting each other.  But of course that moment was edited and rushed to make way for the big reveal to the prince.  And how does the prince respond to Eric's revelation?  "I had an uncle who died of AIDS."  Golly, thanks for making this all about you, bitch!

And then the suitor with the most personality, the one with real TV potential, he's kicked off.  However, I did enjoy Robbie's diss of Robert when he gave good-bye hugs to his 'sisters'.

In the beginning of the series, there was shown a series of clips with the disclaimer "This season on FPC..."  I remember a clip of Dillon yelling to the producers something like "I'm calling the police!".  Did that scene air yet?  If it didn't, I'll stick around to see it.  If it already aired, I'm out.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

In the beginning of the series, there was shown a series of clips with the disclaimer "This season on FPC..."  I remember a clip of Dillon yelling to the producers something like "I'm calling the police!".  Did that scene air yet?  If it didn't, I'll stick around to see it.  If it already aired, I'm out.

I took that to be the scene when Sam spat on him (Dillon).  So it was either cut out for some dumb ass reason or I too have completely missed it.

Dullest masquerade ball EVER!  It kinda ticks me off a bit because I felt it cheapened Eric's reveal. 

No Paul, No Robby, No me.  I'm done with this show.   #getrobbyhisowntvshow

Robby's exit interview:  http://www.newnownext.com/finding-prince-charming-robbys-farewell-interview/10/2016/

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 2

Nosleepforme wrote:

"I don't get why Dillon is still there. It's really obvious that Robert doesn't like him that way. He always appears super-uncomfortable around Dillon."

Robert uses the word "intense" to describe Dillon. I expect to see him eliminated in the next episode, due to Robert not knowing how to deal with his "intensity". 

"Brandon is such a wifey, how Quinn and Rachel would call him. He's the Prince Charming that Robert should have been.  Robert grated with his "everybody should come after me"-moment. Overall, this was a nice moment for Brandon though."

Robert wasn't expecting anyone, especially the dude who he almost forgot to call him out on not "coming after Brandon" to try and spend more time with him.

"Robbie going home? Not that surprising. At the party he wasn't really trying to be serious, he was just bitchy about Robert criticizing him for being humorous and he was obviously already fed up by him."

I'm glad that Robbie was fed up with Robert and made no effort to try and hide it. 

If this reality show gets another season, they have to find a better "prince" than Robert. He's very handsome, but he's bland (and doesn't know he's bland) and doesn't think (or hasn't been told) that he should do more to make himself more interesting than just his looks.

I just finished watching this episode and I really liked it,....but then again, I've liked all the episodes.  I do agree that Robert should try to make himself more interesting.  Right now, it's very 80/20 where the contestants have to give 80% of themselves to the 20% Robert gives.

I don't know why Dillon's still there either unless Robert doesn't want to provoke the typical "racist" knee-jerk accusation from the viewers.  Regardless, it's clear Robert feels nothing for Dillon.  When Dillon attempts to kiss him or even if Robert initiates, it's always a kiss that lands somewhere kinda close to the mouth, but not quite on it.

Sadly, I think Eric's status -- as brave as it was to admit -- will play a factor in Robert eventually eliminating him.  That's not to say Robert doesn't have compassion.  Still, that's such a serious and defining aspect of Eric's life and I don't get the impression Robert is "all in" and up for that challenge.  Being HIV positive may not be the death sentence it was some 30+ years ago, but it's still nothing to take lightly when considering a relationship.  For what it's worth, I didn't feel Robert was making the situation all about himself by telling Eric about his uncle.  I think he was trying to make a connection by sharing with Eric how HIV has affected his life through a loved one.

I'm going back to one of my original guesses to say I'm thinking Robert will pick Justin in the end.  Dillon doesn't have a chance; Robert's clearly not feeling him.  Eric may not have a chance unless Robert is truly accepting of his HIV status.  Chad seems far too emotional and guarded to be Robert's pick.  Brandon has the alcoholism, so again, just like Eric's HIV, .... Robert has to be okay with whatever that may entail.  That leaves Justin....the athletic one who likes working out and exercising just as much as Robert.  I'm guessing he'll be Robert's pick.

• Love 2

I don't have logo so I've been watching this elsewhere but whoever uploaded it has it slowed down to avoid being detected, which makes them all sound hysterically sedated. This show is already kind of slow but this makes it much worse.

I'm going back to one of my original guesses to say I'm thinking Robert will pick Justin in the end.  Dillon doesn't have a chance; Robert's clearly not feeling him.  Eric may not have a chance unless Robert is truly accepting of his HIV status.  Chad seems far too emotional and guarded to be Robert's pick.  Brandon has the alcoholism, so again, just like Eric's HIV, .... Robert has to be okay with whatever that may entail.  That leaves Justin....the athletic one who likes working out and exercising just as much as Robert.  I'm guessing he'll be Robert's pick.

I agree. Justin is kind of the one that has the least amount of complicated other stuff (that we know of) and I think he'll probably win. I don't know how long they'd stay together, though. Justin is more interesting than Robot.

Edited to add that initially Robby was a bit much but he grew on me by being somewhat interesting. I'm glad none of the guys left seem to be giant dicks or starting drama. I hope the prediction about friendships being set aside is wrong.

Edited by belligerent
  • Love 1

I just watched all 5 episodes yesterday; I don't have the names down yet.  

I like this enough to stick it out.  Robert is dull but so are the male leads on The Bachelor.  We don't get to see Robert interacting with the others aside of the staged dates so it is impossible to get to know him as well we do the others.  It is the same on the straight version.  I did make note that they actually eat the food on a date though!  

I found it odd that one of them was offended when he thought another was hitting on him.  WTF?  Why not?  You are all free to hook up with anyone you choose.  If you don't want to, then don't, but why become outraged that someone found you attractive and made an overture to have sex?  Makes no sense to me.  A house full of attractive gay men looking for love is ripe for this. 

Robbie is clearly a producer pick to stick around for some contrast and thank you for that; this is a lack luster group.  The men involved with the "scandal" are there to stay, for awhile, as well.  

Who has been eliminated, so far, if anyone remembers.  I am doing catch up.  

Was it Sam who accused Paul/Chad (? they look alike in their pics) of coming on to him?  And Sam was eliminated on the last episode, correct?  

Eric (the guy who admitted he was positive in the most recent ep) was the one who accused Chad of coming down to the kitchen late one evening and putting his hand inside his own pants/shorts and playing with himself. This happened back in ep 1. Then it was inferred that Chad was very drunk and maybe didn't remember this happening. With cameras all over the house IF this happened I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up on the reunion show (if there is one).

1 hour ago, MsTree said:

Am I the only one who thinks that sometimes Eric looks/sounds like Madison on Million Dollar Listing LA.

OMG that's totally it! He does! It's been bugging me.

So basically the only one I actually like at this point is Brandon. So TEAM BRANDON I guess.

But seriously, this show is a total snooze. I heard it just got renewed for a second season, hopefully they'll work out the issues and next season will be a marked improvement.

• Love 1